PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Doesn't Care If Waiving his ETO Fractured Friendship W/ Deron Williams

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
http://sulia.com/nydninternets/

Stefan Bondy
13 minutes ago

Dwight Howard doesn't care if waiving his ETO fractured his friendship with D-Will:
"Thatís my decision. Itís my life so if heís upset because I made a decision for me, so be it. If he doesnít want to be friends because Iím on another team, then so be it. Thereís no need to smooth things over, you know?"

Evolution23
11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
who cares?

ManRam
11-19-2012, 06:46 PM
fascinating...

Just kidding. Who cares?

Lakers + Giants
11-19-2012, 06:47 PM
He's totally going to brooklyn. :rolleyes:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
^
Fail emoticon attempt.

Edit: Stupid ninja edit.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Domefavors you're welcome!

SteBO
We don't give a **** Dwight.

shep33
I don't even know if Deron is upset. He's got a nice squad in Brooklyn.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't even know if Deron is upset. He's got a nice squad in Brooklyn.

Obviously some words must have been exchanged between the two for Dwight to come out and talk about their friendship (or lack thereof now)

JordansBulls
11-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Dwight Howard is a man of many words.

Ebbs
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Good. He's forever a d-bag in my eyes. Will be more entertaining if he just remains the villian from here on out.

Guppyfighter
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
Nets couldn't sign Dwight anyways?

310Casper
11-19-2012, 06:57 PM
In about 3 hours, this thread will be full of Brooklyn fan tears.

*buys canoe to stay afloat*

douglas
11-19-2012, 06:58 PM
But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement, the greater part of life is sunshine.

PleaseBeNice
11-19-2012, 07:02 PM
Dwight forum

DoMeFavors
11-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I think deep down he is trying to make himself feel better about having to be a Laker, he wanted to be a Net more than any other team.

Iron24th
11-19-2012, 07:05 PM
I think deep down he is trying to make himself feel better about having to be a Laker, he wanted to be a Net more than any other team.

Yeah poor Dwight going to the most successful team of the last 12 years :rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Lol LA fans that talk better becareful, this guy changes his mind every hour, until he signs on the dotted line Id be a little afraid.

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Yeah poor Dwight going to the most successful team of the last 12 years :rolleyes:

12 years what are you talking about Willis? 12 years hells no I think you meant all-time most finals appearances best win% and 2nd most championships

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Lol LA fans that talk better becareful, this guy changes his mind every hour, until he signs on the dotted line Id be a little afraid.

Nah not really he changed his mind in Orlando often because quite frankly the front office didn't wanna pay the money to build a good squad around him...
He's been as happy as can be as a laker he's always saying how he intends to sign that max contract next summer

Lakers + Giants
11-19-2012, 07:11 PM
^
Fail emoticon attempt.

Edit: Stupid ninja edit.

:moon:

Iron24th
11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
12 years what are you talking about Willis? 12 years hells no I think you meant all-time most finals appearances best win% and 2nd most championships

Yep, but I wanted to talk about the last decade which is more important to a player who wanna re-sign long term than thinking about 20-30 years ago when the league was not the same.

ee
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Deron has enough children already!

lvlheaded
11-19-2012, 07:13 PM
If DoMeFavors is saying that Dwight its just trying to make himself feel better than I believe it! NostraFavors word is gospel!!!

Avenged
11-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Be the villain, Dwight. I love it.

Lakers vs. Nets tomorrow.

Andrew32
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
This will effect his play in the next few weeks watch.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-19-2012, 07:20 PM
This will effect his play in the next few weeks watch.

Oh noez!!! :ohno: :speechless: :cry:

SA5195
11-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Reminds me of two 4 year olds, except for the fact that 4 year olds are not in the NBA

b@llhog24
11-19-2012, 07:24 PM

:laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
11-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Suck a *ick Dwight

sep11ie
11-19-2012, 07:31 PM
Dwight went poopy earlier. Thread that ****!

tnewkirk
11-19-2012, 07:36 PM
deron was like, didnt you wanna be in brooklyn?
dwight yes
deron so why did you sign an extension?
dwight i dont know
deron :facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
Dwight is going to absolutely wreck Brook Lopez tomorrow just to say STFU to Shaq for all those comments about Brook being better.

As far as Deron he is acting like a female. Jesus a friend is a friend and you wanna stop being friends because the guy made an honest mistake? I hope they both grow up.

How far we have come from Lebron's "Decision". Seemed then that Lebron was a d*** but turns out he was the example by which stars should handle FA.

Maybe if Dwight would have just played his contract and STFU he would be in Brooklyn right now happier than ever but instead he put his team through hell and ended up in the place he did not wanna be.

GunFactor187
11-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Such a friggin soap opera...none of this shite would happen in 80s or even 90s NBA.

lvlheaded
11-19-2012, 08:10 PM
LeBron is sitting in South Beach thinking "Dwight couldnt have done me a bigger favor."

Totally relieved LBJ of his villain duties. I hope he plays it up. I love the Lakers as the Villain

HouRealCoach
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
If people don't care what Dwight says then why reply or waste your time reading?

But I'm really wondering why he would say this

LakersSaintsLSU
11-19-2012, 08:17 PM
Good. He's forever a d-bag in my eyes. Will be more entertaining if he just remains the villian from here on out.

of course he's a d-bag you got rid of your whole team for chance at him...and now HE'S A LAKER!!

LakersSaintsLSU
11-19-2012, 08:20 PM
28 and 13 and not even 100 percent yet...hold on guys strap up your seat belts because if he can beast at 85 percent then just save all your hate for when he's full strength

Andrew32
11-19-2012, 08:26 PM
Dwight is going to absolutely wreck Brook Lopez tomorrow just to say STFU to Shaq for all those comments about Brook being better.

Wouldn't it be funny if Lopez dominated him doe?

ThunderousDemon
11-19-2012, 08:34 PM
fascinating...

Just kidding. Who cares?

You

ThunderousDemon
11-19-2012, 08:34 PM
:dance:

Spurred1
11-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Oh, no!

Ebbs
11-19-2012, 08:41 PM
of course he's a d-bag you got rid of your whole team for chance at him...and now HE'S A LAKER!!

for now. Also I'm ok with Mayo lol

tnewkirk
11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
28 and 13 and not even 100 percent yet...hold on guys strap up your seat belts because if he can beast at 85 percent then just save all your hate for when he's full strength

if only he was averaging that.

LAKERMANIA
11-19-2012, 08:55 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks.

RLundi
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM

Man you're annoying.

Gritz
11-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Such a friggin soap opera...none of this shite would happen in 80s or even 90s NBA.

You're just mad that you root for a whack team

Odominator
11-19-2012, 09:29 PM
But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement, the greater part of life is sunshine.

This.

DoMeFavors
11-19-2012, 09:46 PM

As far as Deron he is acting like a female. Jesus a friend is a friend and you wanna stop being friends because the guy made an honest mistake? I hope they both grow up.

How far we have come from Lebron's "Decision". Seemed then that Lebron was a d*** but turns out he was the example by which stars should handle FA.

Maybe if Dwight would have just played his contract and STFU he would be in Brooklyn right now happier than ever but instead he put his team through hell and ended up in the place he did not wanna be.

Maybe he doesnt want to be friends with him because they arent on the same team, the old school players werent friends with all the players like most are now. I like Derons approach.

LA_Raiders
11-19-2012, 10:03 PM
lol, more drama

shep33
11-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Now only if we had a starting or backup pg for tomorrows game, because Deron is going to go off on Duhon or Morris

ee
11-19-2012, 11:26 PM
being friends is overrated....I would rather see them hating each other, makes it more fun that way......

Chill_Will_24
11-20-2012, 01:09 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if Lopez dominated him doe?

Impossible. Brook turns into a 7ft Cinderella when he sees Dwight Howard

Chill_Will_24
11-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Maybe he doesnt want to be friends with him because they arent on the same team, the old school players werent friends with all the players like most are now. I like Derons approach.

So they were butt buddies when Dwight was in ORL but as soon as he is a Laker Deron becomes "old school" and hates anyone that is not on his team? Seems legit.

jmoney85
11-20-2012, 01:44 AM
Impossible. Brook turns into a 7ft Cinderella when he sees Dwight Howard

just like your boy asik

Chill_Will_24
11-20-2012, 02:02 AM
just like your boy asik

Even worse because at least Asik manages 66 FG% and manages to not look like a ****

Brook turns into a strait girl when he sees Dwight. Everytime. Brook has yet to post a decent game against Dwight in his whole career.

King P
11-20-2012, 02:35 AM
This ain't the 1st bridge Dwight has burned. Him & CP3 were originally gonna play together in Dallas, til Dwight start being a little ***** who couldnt make up his mind. So CP3 moved on and they ain't talked since.

At the end of the day, it's Dwight's fault.

nickdymez
11-20-2012, 02:38 AM

This the WWE?

5ass
11-20-2012, 02:48 AM

Words of wisdom.

VinceCarter
11-20-2012, 03:10 AM
In about 3 hours, this thread will be full of Brooklyn fan tears.

*buys canoe to stay afloat*

I don't think any Nets fan will tell you they're that upset on missing out on him.

ee
11-20-2012, 03:41 AM
Dwill is the one that told King to not wait on dwight, this is before the jj trade and all the big signings..... Who knows, maybe Dwight is the one crying and mad at Dwill for not waiting....

310Casper
11-20-2012, 04:35 AM
I don't think any Nets fan will tell you they're that upset on missing out on him.

Please.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-20-2012, 04:42 AM
Please.

See this is a big misconception. Dwight to the Nets would have been wonderful, I wont deny that, but at no point was I completely disgruntled (as a Nets fan) because he wasnt traded to the team. It was actually more of having Dwight on the team would ultimately seal the deal for Deron to be here, which was the biggest concern for our team last year. As well as the constant rumors every single day that after awhile got exhausting.

The way things ended up, and knowing that we have a very good center in Lopez, worked out excellent in terms of bring a real team to Brooklyn.

Greedy22
11-20-2012, 05:14 AM

:flag:

Chill_Will_24
11-20-2012, 06:51 AM

I am

latinofire21
11-20-2012, 07:18 AM
I am

Oh do I know you are lol. One of the many nets fans that thought it was gauranteed they were getting Dwight. I will give you props though. You didnt vanish after it backfired and you didnt deny that you thought it was a done deal for him coming over like the rest of your fanbase. Cheers to Chill Will for having a pair lol.

Lakers4life08
11-20-2012, 09:06 AM
So today Howard will play against best big men in the NBA,any predictions? Howard or best center in the NBA will have better game....
My prediction:
Howard 6 pts 4 rebs 1 block and 4 TO
Best center in the NBA: 26 pts,15 rebs,3 blocks and 0 TO

Joker117
11-20-2012, 09:37 AM
They're both rich and if not playing together while getting paid MILLIONS TO PLAY A GAME THEY LOVE AND BE CELEBS makes 1 sad/mad to a point it's a real problem then they need to grow up .

Idk why Howard. Came out and said it an idc what either says just leave it alone they either weren't real friends or they'll get over it real soon.

king4day
11-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Sounds like he's trying to convince himself not to regret his decision.

Chill_Will_24
11-20-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh do I know you are lol. One of the many nets fans that thought it was gauranteed they were getting Dwight. I will give you props though. You didnt vanish after it backfired and you didnt deny that you thought it was a done deal for him coming over like the rest of your fanbase. Cheers to Chill Will for having a pair lol.

Heh looking back the only reason it did not happen is because Howard allowed them to pressure him into signing the ETO. It was vrtually a done deal as both Howard and Deron alluded to in recent interviews.

That is why Deron is so salty. he came THAT close to being on a contending team and playing with his friend but now has to watch Brook Lopez throw up soft *** layups and get bullied every game for the next 5 years.

DoMeFavors
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Heh looking back the only reason it did not happen is because Howard allowed them to pressure him into signing the ETO. It was vrtually a done deal as both Howard and Deron alluded to in recent interviews.

That is why Deron is so salty. he came THAT close to being on a contending team and playing with his friend but now has to watch Brook Lopez throw up soft *** layups and get bullied every game for the next 5 years.

Just asking when Nets are on do you cheer for Lopez when he scores? or are you angry at him? Just enjoy the game you sound always angry. Sounds to me like no matter what you cant be satisfied, you arent happy that Nets are second in the east.

ee
11-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Just asking when Nets are on do you cheer for Lopez when he scores? or are you angry at him? Just enjoy the game you sound always angry. Sounds to me like no matter what you cant be satisfied, you arent happy that Nets are second in the east.

There are fans that can't be happy unless the team is perfect....I know the team has its issues but I believe they can be fixed, if not, then I'll be the same to want some changes.....But not after just 8 games..

Rockice_8
11-20-2012, 04:07 PM

1. Yes Dwight does usually beat up on Brook but who doesn't he beat up on. I hope your wrong though.

2. How can you say Deron is acting like a female, he hasn't said a thing until today when he basically is saying who give a ****.

3. Yes Dwight should be in Brooklyn where he always wanted to go but is a whiny little ***** who can't make a decision like a man. Couldn't be the bad guy so instead I'll drag it out more and be an even worse guy by putting my fans through the Dwightmare even longer. Worst decision ever was to sign that ETO.

4. Nobody cares anymore Dwight, you are the only one that can't let it go.

Rockice_8
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM

He could have gone to Dallas so I don't want to hear him complain. Not that he is anyway so I don't know where you are getting this from.

310Casper
11-20-2012, 04:52 PM
See this is a big misconception. Dwight to the Nets would have been wonderful, I wont deny that, but at no point was I completely disgruntled (as a Nets fan) because he wasnt traded to the team. It was actually more of having Dwight on the team would ultimately seal the deal for Deron to be here, which was the biggest concern for our team last year. As well as the constant rumors every single day that after awhile got exhausting.

The way things ended up, and knowing that we have a very good center in Lopez, worked out excellent in terms of bring a real team to Brooklyn.

You're trying too hard.

The same way us laker fans feel about not getting cp3 is the same way you feel about not getting dwight.

When Dwight demanded a trade to the Nets for months and months, net fans already knew it was only a matter of time before he was traded there. Instead you ended up settling for an inferior center when you could've had the best pg & C combo in the entire league.

But dont try to sit there and play it off like it doesnt sadden you that Dwight isnt earing a Nets jersey today. You're only making yourself look silly by doing that.

SteBO
11-20-2012, 05:41 PM
You're trying too hard.

The same way us laker fans feel about not getting cp3 is the same way you feel about not getting dwight.

When Dwight demanded a trade to the Nets for months and months, net fans already knew it was only a matter of time before he was traded there. Instead you ended up settling for an inferior center when you could've had the best pg & C combo in the entire league.

But dont try to sit there and play it off like it doesnt sadden you that Dwight isnt earing a Nets jersey today. You're only making yourself look silly by doing that.
Hahaha, and just who in the heck are you to tell him how he should feel? :confused: He said himself that Dwight to the Nets would've been a wonderful acquisition, so you posting this is only making yourself look silly. Also, Brook may not be Dwight Howard, but he is without question one of the most skilled C's we have in this league, and having him along for the ride in BKN is far from a "bad" thing.

They have a nice team as is. It could've been better, but their owner has now shown that he isn't afraid to spend to help turn his product into a winning one. That's really all you can ask for.

king4day
11-20-2012, 05:49 PM
After reading what Deron said, I think this bothers Howard more than he's letting on. I say this because nothing Williams said would indicate any 'fracture' in their friendship.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Hahaha, and just who in the heck are you to tell him how he should feel? :confused: He said himself that Dwight to the Nets would've been a wonderful acquisition, so you posting this is only making yourself look silly. Also, Brook may not be Dwight Howard, but he is without question one of the most skilled C's we have in this league, and having him along for the ride in BKN is far from a "bad" thing.

They have a nice team as is. It could've been better, but their owner has now shown that he isn't afraid to spend to help turn his product into a winning one. That's really all you can ask for.

I was going to write a long response to him but you summed it up pretty well for me, exactly what I would of said.

VinceCarter
11-20-2012, 07:46 PM
You're trying too hard.

I'm not saddened because it is called moving on. Why dwell on what you could have had rather than enjoy what you do have. The Nets have a solid team in the making that could make noise in the playoffs.....I wanna see what this team can do here on out.

And you're talking about Nets fans....we know what it's like to miss out on big names check LeBron, Bosh, Melo etc.

Yes, I'd LOVE to have a Deron and Dwight combo but I'm not going to see Dwight play or read his name and get emotional about it.

thrice4
11-20-2012, 07:57 PM
Why is this 6 pages?

FriedTofuz
11-20-2012, 07:59 PM
can we enforce a new rule, no more dwight howard threads

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-20-2012, 09:12 PM
can we enforce a new rule, no more dwight howard threads

The NBA forum would fall apart if that happened.

Chill_Will_24
11-20-2012, 10:23 PM

I am not satisfied with mediocrity. Call it a tattoo artist mentality.

He scores and does nothing else thereby negating any advantage his offense may give us. If he was at least average defensively i would be satisfied but he a soft C that shrinks as soon as you put a big physical body on him.

and don't give me that stuff about him blocking lots of shots. That does not equal to good defense.