PDA

View Full Version : Would the 76ers receive something in Compensation from the league due to Bynum?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
News came out that Bynum will know if he needs surgery by early December, and if he does, he may be out for the season.

So my question is if Sixers lose Bynum in the deal, and say he walks in free agency, leaving Philly with nothing, does the league do something to compensate Philly.

Remember, the league granted to Boston one of OKC's 2nd rd pick (who funny enough went to Houston in the Lee trade which went back to OKC in the Harden-Martin trade) when Jeff Green had that heart issue.

So do you think the league "grants" something to Philly?

Raps18-19 Champ
11-19-2012, 06:28 PM
Veto the trade.

heyman321
11-19-2012, 06:32 PM
No, why should they? Going bowling was a voluntary decision which I'm sure the Philly medical team said "yeah that won't do any harm", and if they didn't and Andrew Bynum decided to do it himself, that's their fault they risked to trade for him and his dumbass decisions.

It's not like the Bulls got anything when Jay Williams decided to crash his scooter into a pole.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
No, and they have no reason to at all.

JasonJohnHorn
I think Philly's window to recind the trade due to health issues has long since past... lol.

I didn't know that the league did that for Boston. Who knows... though, I don't think LA will care if they have to cough up a second round draft pick. I mean, they fawking got DWIGHT HOWARD!!! lol

If the NBA did do that, I doubt it would make much of a difference. It's not like Philly is going to pick up a player fo Bynum's ability in the second round.

I wonder what Bynum will be offered in terms of a contract if he misses the entire season?

KB-Pau-DH2012
No, why should they? Going bowling was a voluntary decision which I'm sure the Philly medical team said "yeah that won't do any harm", and if they didn't and Andrew Bynum decided to do it himself, that's their fault they risked to trade for him and his dumbass decisions.

It's not like the Bulls got anything when Jay Williams decided to crash his scooter into a pole.
Fair point.

bluefire7002
11-19-2012, 06:37 PM
is he looking to get surgery on the knee he hurt while bowling or the one hes recovering from?

CB29
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
I think that there should be a rule though that idiots like this should not receive a full salary when they do something stupid like this... This guy will receive upwards of $15 million for getting injured while bowling... People need consequences for their idiotic actions.

shep33
11-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I heard this was offered for compensation: A VHS copy of Under Siege 2

Take it or leave it

topdog
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
The reason teams get compenstation is if their trade partner did not diclose knowledge they had of a player's potential health issue. Everyone in the league knew that Bynum had had recurring knee problems.

topdog
11-19-2012, 06:53 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/celtics-thunder-pick-green-trade-235054171--nba.html

Here's the gist on the Jeff Green ruling:

Commissioner David Stern determined Tuesday there was no evidence of bad faith or intent to withhold information on the part of the Thunder, but that their cardiologists had knowledge about Green that was not shared with their own team management and should have been disclosed to the Celtics.

NBA teams are required to disclose to each other in connection with trades a player's past history that could affect his ability to play in the future.

3RDASYSTEM
11-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Dont know

LA basically traded him knowing he was damaged goods for the other top C in league with a so called damaged back whos already played pre/reg season games and BYNUM hasnt

isnt that fishy?

the league knew this and had to keep LAKERS relevant because a no BYNUM to start season would have destroyed them and they would have scrambled to make playoffs, if at all

PHI got robbed with no knife and damn sure no gun, this was probably known behind the scenes

a guy hurting/tweaking his knee while bowling is sure to rip it off during a grueling 82+ pre/reg season schedule after coming off a lockout short season where he topped like 60 out off 66 games right?

damaged goods aka G.HILL-ODEN 5.0

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Dont know

LA basically traded him knowing he was damaged goods for the other top C in league with a so called damaged back whos already played pre/reg season games and BYNUM hasnt

isnt that fishy?

the league knew this and had to keep LAKERS relevant because a no BYNUM to start season would have destroyed them and they would have scrambled to make playoffs, if at all

PHI got robbed with no knife and damn sure no gun, this was probably known behind the scenes

a guy hurting/tweaking his knee while bowling is sure to rip it off during a grueling 82+ pre/reg season schedule after coming off a lockout short season where he topped like 60 out off 66 games right?

damaged goods aka G.HILL-ODEN 5.0

Agree, these Kobe FIENS are delusional. They don't even realize that the guy began his career as the backup singer to Eddie Jones. He will always remain the same player and singer throughout and out.

shep33
11-19-2012, 07:08 PM
Philly knew the risk of getting Bynum... heck we all did here. Didn't Bynum get a bone bruise while running on a treadmill or something? The bowling fiasco happened after he was traded too. Don't get how the Lakers should pay them back for anything.

Anyways, its not even that bad for Philly. They got out of Iggy's 16 mill for next year and he wasn't going to lead them anywhere. They can probably re-up Drew for a discounted price now too.

PrettyBoyJ
11-19-2012, 07:09 PM
Philly would get the 1st pick in the draft..

MagicBucsSox
11-19-2012, 07:25 PM
I heard this was offered for compensation: A VHS copy of Under Siege 2

Take it or leave it

I loved young Katherine Heighl in that lol. Deal

tr3ymill3r
11-19-2012, 07:34 PM
How does a trade like this go through with one of the participants sidelined for half of the season, but the Pau Gasol to Houston trade doesn't go through because of basketball reasons. February 1, 2014 you cannot come soon enough.

JollyRanch
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
everyone and their mamas knew about Andrew Bynum's injury history prior to the trade.

topdog
11-19-2012, 07:47 PM
How does a trade like this go through with one of the participants sidelined for half of the season, but the Pau Gasol to Houston trade doesn't go through because of basketball reasons. February 1, 2014 you cannot come soon enough.

Because the Hornets were owned by the NBA and the league office represented the interest of the team as well as the NBA as a whole. I can guarantee you Stern would not have traded for Bynum if the league owned the 76ers.

JollyRanch
11-19-2012, 07:48 PM

thought I was the only one

jmoney85
11-19-2012, 07:58 PM
philly knew what they were getting themselves into... every person on this planet knew bynum had glass knees... they were just dumb enough to go through with the deal

3RDASYSTEM
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Agree, these Kobe FIENS are delusional. They don't even realize that the guy began his career as the backup singer to Eddie Jones. He will always remain the same player and singer throughout and out.

once again you're totally on point, only like a true fien would be

listen up fien this true talk

i know this fien who loves KOBE so much like yourself that they forgot he was a 'backupguard' his whole career playing in nba

they told me he gets so much ESPN/mediahype for his 5rings that you actually think he did all this from day1(they actually thought i made this up when i said he was a backupguard,got called a lie for it)

they were like its not a big deal to be a backup guard and then become a fulltime starter, its really not a big deal at all

and to top it off the fien said they cant believe he was starting for allstar teams but not for lakers

now this is coming from a fanatic of his, just imagine how his peers(fellow nba players)feel....but i get it, once a backup singer always a wat? you know like how you and psd say NASH/CP3/MAGIC are those 'make mates better type' PG's from day1 or 5yrs later were they like that? you know how SHAQ/WILT are labeled most physically gifted/dominant ever? from day1 they were like that, not 4-8yrs later, you know how JORDAN/KING/AI/''KOBE'' are labeled as 'scorers' right? they could do that from day1,not 4-8yrs later

you fiens are sure delusional when it comes to 'recognizing a individuals game/style, and damn sure know how to overrank/value your drafted own

look how this fits all you lakerfiens agenda

yr1 - 7ppg

yr 2 - 15ppg

yr 3 - 19ppg

yr 4 - 28ppg( 2000, this is the yr all you fiens swore he entered the draft and started from day1)

i get it now, from 2000-present is his career, sorry for judging the other yrs fairly,peace

Spurred1
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM
No-nobody made Philly participate in the Howard/Bynum/Iggy trade. Everyone who follows the NBA knew that Bynum was often injured. Philly took a huge gamble, and right now it isn't paying off for anyone aside from Bynum-who still gets paid no matter what.
Bynum is a bubble boy at this rate.

sixer04fan
11-19-2012, 08:33 PM
We should at least get a free round of bowling for the team and the fans from the bowling alley where he went down

TheIlladelph16
11-20-2012, 12:58 AM
We should at least get a free round of bowling for the team and the fans from the bowling alley where he went down

Agreed. I'd also take the copy of Under Siege 2... ONLY if its on Blue Ray. None of this VHS ****.

For real though, no. It was a calculated risk which has backfired to this point, but they don't deserve compensation because of it.

Gritz
11-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Yea, a discount on medical supplies

LA_Raiders
11-20-2012, 01:20 AM
NO, but if they lose babynum the will get 1st pick

AddiX
11-20-2012, 01:25 AM
Crazy to think after all the trade rumors for Dwight and iggy, both teams got next to nothing for there stars. SMH

Someone gets paid millions for these kinds of decisions.

N3TS
11-20-2012, 04:34 AM
No, Philly wouldn't get anything, they would be **** out of luck.

raiderposting
11-20-2012, 04:40 AM
philly got rid of iggys contract at the end of it anyway. thats 16 million to spend.

Baller1
11-20-2012, 04:53 AM
It might be a blessing in disguise if they're able to use the freed up money to land a solid free agent.

shep33
11-20-2012, 05:12 AM

Lmao :laugh:

Alayla
11-20-2012, 05:26 AM
NO, but if they lose babynum the will get 1st pick

we are not even close to that bad

Sssmush
11-20-2012, 06:04 AM

!! That was Katherine Heigel in that movie, huh? I never realized that. I was watching it the other day on Showtime or something, but the GFE arrived and therefore the TV must be on something boring.

Yeah, she was super hot in that movie. Heh, I was watching that Rihanna video "Umbrella" and I had this insight that Rihanna and Charlize Theron look almost identical except for the hue and tone of their skin.

Like, check out Charlize Theron in "Two days in the Valley" and then Rihanna in "Umbrella." They are like perfect genetic twins, one chocolate cream and the other vanilla cream.

thenaj17
11-20-2012, 06:28 AM
once again you're totally on point, only like a true fien would be

listen up fien this true talk

i know this fien who loves KOBE so much like yourself that they forgot he was a 'backupguard' his whole career playing in nba

they told me he gets so much ESPN/mediahype for his 5rings that you actually think he did all this from day1(they actually thought i made this up when i said he was a backupguard,got called a lie for it)

they were like its not a big deal to be a backup guard and then become a fulltime starter, its really not a big deal at all

and to top it off the fien said they cant believe he was starting for allstar teams but not for lakers

now this is coming from a fanatic of his, just imagine how his peers(fellow nba players)feel....but i get it, once a backup singer always a wat? you know like how you and psd say NASH/CP3/MAGIC are those 'make mates better type' PG's from day1 or 5yrs later were they like that? you know how SHAQ/WILT are labeled most physically gifted/dominant ever? from day1 they were like that, not 4-8yrs later, you know how JORDAN/KING/AI/''KOBE'' are labeled as 'scorers' right? they could do that from day1,not 4-8yrs later

you fiens are sure delusional when it comes to 'recognizing a individuals game/style, and damn sure know how to overrank/value your drafted own

look how this fits all you lakerfiens agenda

yr1 - 7ppg

yr 2 - 15ppg

yr 3 - 19ppg

yr 4 - 28ppg( 2000, this is the yr all you fiens swore he entered the draft and started from day1)

i get it now, from 2000-present is his career, sorry for judging the other yrs fairly,peace

You really are a f'kin moron...

WSU Tony
11-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Be more specific with contracts... That's all you can do.

"Your body is your responsibility. If you come in out of shape and have to miss games or are injured for any non-basketball related activity and miss time you will also miss the $ you would have made in those games."

F the players union!

nycericanguy
11-20-2012, 12:18 PM
It might be a blessing in disguise if they're able to use the freed up money to land a solid free agent.

if they wanted cap space they could have just let Iggy walk and kept Vucevic, Harkless and their pick.

ManningToTyree
11-20-2012, 01:15 PM
No. They knew his injury history when they made the deal.

Hellcrooner
11-20-2012, 01:31 PM
they will get a free dvd copy of michael moores new film

"Bowling for ColumBynum"

Gram
11-20-2012, 01:33 PM
No, they took the risk.

DoMeFavors
11-20-2012, 01:38 PM
Bynum knows his health is at risk, Philly could offer the most if they offer the most no way he walks, and no way he is selfish like that and never plays a game for them when they gave up a lot.

Showtime Steve
11-20-2012, 02:05 PM
No. Jeff green and his heart condition was Not known by the thunder. Everybody knows already that his knees were jello. Plus it was known they were desperate to move iggy as his situation in Philly became public. At the time basically a swap of iggy for Bynum and Richardson wasn't bad. Then again stern final F U curtain call to the lakers and make them pay Philly compensation.

Vikingfan84
11-20-2012, 02:20 PM
Fair point.

Not a fair point. When you draft a player that's your risk.

I trade is different. I respect the compensation for Boston's trade as Boston had no idea Green had a heart problem. Now in Philly's case, they were AWARE of Bynum's history of knee problems. And now they will pay and only get Richardson who I think fits better than Iguodala. Richardson is a much better offensive player than Iggy has ever been. Iggy has always been an inconsistent offensive player. He was best known for his defense.

Now if Bynum can rehab and not put his health at risk, I think Philly can get him back to the court and healthy. Take a look at what Philly was able to do with Elton Brand. Philly resurrected Brand's career last year. Brand had a career year after many years of injury problems.

So IMO, Philly gets NO COMPENSATION.

SeoulBeatz
11-20-2012, 02:27 PM
This whole ordeal has been pretty unfortunate, but the lone bright spot is we aren't committed to Bynum long term, and if we let him go this year we'll have a ton of cap space for the first time in years.

Bynum, Nick Young, Dorell Wright, all on the 1 year deals or the last year of their deals.

We'll have a core of Jrue Holiday (who's been playing at an all-star level this year), Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young, Spencer Hawes, Lavoy Allen, Moultrie, and Wayns to add to.

It sucks that we may never see Bynum is a Sixers uni, but it's not a horrible situation considering we have the 2nd youngest roster in the NBA and a lot of potential cap space.

Hellcrooner
11-20-2012, 02:35 PM
This whole ordeal has been pretty unfortunate, but the lone bright spot is we aren't committed to Bynum long term, and if we let him go this year we'll have a ton of cap space for the first time in years.

Bynum, Nick Young, Dorell Wright, all on the 1 year deals or the last year of their deals.

We'll have a core of Jrue Holiday (who's been playing at an all-star level this year), Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young, Spencer Hawes, Lavoy Allen, Moultrie, and Wayns to add to.

It sucks that we may never see Bynum is a Sixers uni, but it's not a horrible situation considering we have the 2nd youngest roster in the NBA and a lot of potential cap space.

You should force him if he has any decence to sign for another year and a low salary , if he recovers then he can get his big extension.

Man do sixers have bad luck with this kind of things.

Traded malone for Ruland ( a young allstar) and Cliff Robinson and both went down to **** with injurys, Andrew toney went down to **** with injurys, then johny Dawkins, now this.........come on.

Dade County
11-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Bynum knows his health is at risk, Philly could offer the most if they offer the most no way he walks, and no way he is selfish like that and never plays a game for them when they gave up a lot.

How would Bynum be selfish if he exercises his right as a free agent?:confused:

NBA is big business, if you or any organization can't handle that, tough luck.

Captain Moroni
11-20-2012, 03:54 PM
News came out that Bynum will know if he needs surgery by early December, and if he does, he may be out for the season.

So my question is if Sixers lose Bynum in the deal, and say he walks in free agency, leaving Philly with nothing, does the league do something to compensate Philly.

Remember, the league granted to Boston one of OKC's 2nd rd pick (who funny enough went to Houston in the Lee trade which went back to OKC in the Harden-Martin trade) when Jeff Green had that heart issue.

So do you think the league "grants" something to Philly?

Absolutely, Philly immediately receives the rights to eddy curry.

Dade County
11-20-2012, 03:57 PM

You never know...

You guys could go after Howard & Cp3, and if they bite, then you start shipping//trading players off to clear came.

But I do not know the 76ers camp situation.