PDA

View Full Version : Pau Milestone.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Pau scored yesterday his 15000 point.

THis acomplishment has only been reached by other 9 players not born in the usa( and many of them in reality were americans/played for team usa).

Hakeem, Wilkins, Ewing, Dirk Duncan, Blackman, Nash, Vandeweghe, Schrempf.

only Him and Dirk have done so withouth having played/developed in the NCAA.

he also is the 17th player in history to get at least 15000 points, 7000 rebounds, 2000 asists, 1000 Blocks.

Yet people is always talking bout he sucks, and he is soft, and this and that.

I think some props are needed.

hugepatsfan
11-19-2012, 03:20 PM
he sucks, and he is soft, and this and that

Hawkeye15
11-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Interesting how he has become so underrated the past 3 years. He seems to be the scapegoat for the Lakers.

Rivera
11-19-2012, 03:22 PM
edited: #rivfailz read croons post wrong :pity:

if anyone but croon made this post about pau i would give pau props

Hellcrooner
11-19-2012, 03:24 PM
edited: #rivfailz read croons post wrong :pity:

? wheres the fail?

I said only DIRK and PAU did not play in ncaa.

yanksrock
11-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Sweet!

Raps18-19 Champ
11-19-2012, 03:30 PM
You have the thread ready for when Calderon, Marc, Rubio, etc reach a milestone?

shep33
11-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Congrats Pau! :clap:

Hellcrooner
11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
You have the thread ready for when Calderon, Marc, Rubio, etc reach a milestone?

calderon wont get anythign worht mentioning.

Marc, rubio? we will see.

The funny thing is when Kobe, or lebron get a milestone the web is filled with it, but when other players do, theres barely any mention.

I think Manu and Parker will soon join Dirk and pau on the foreing 15000 club tough.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-19-2012, 03:35 PM
calderon wont get anythign worht mentioning.

Marc, rubio? we will see.

The funny thing is when Kobe, or lebron get a milestone the web is filled with it, but when other players do, theres barely any mention.

I think Manu and Parker will soon join Dirk and pau on the foreing 15000 club tough.

For sure Gasol deserves a thread. But you should have some parity and do it for those other players then.

Gram
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Pau Gasol.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
For sure Gasol deserves a thread. But you should have some parity and do it for those other players then.

And they will if i can find out, but as a said its difficult to get the info.

Gram
11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
And they will if i can find out, but as a said its difficult to get the info.

Check those ten notifs on your VM.

dh144498
11-19-2012, 03:48 PM
good accomplishment. But he is still soft and passive/lacks confidence.

GiantsSwaGG
11-19-2012, 03:51 PM
He's still Mr. Softy

Baller1
11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
He's a great player and has incredible skill, but he's still a soft *****.

Ebbs
11-19-2012, 03:57 PM
I alwas appreciated Pau's game. However I never quite got over when after his first year with the Lakers PSD voted him best PF over Dirk. Forever Irked by that moment.

Lakers4life08
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Gasol is lucky that he is playing in NBA at the same decade as Stoudamire,becouse no one can call him the softest big men in nba

JasonJohnHorn
11-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Pau is going to end up being one of the most underrated players of his generation. I honestly believe that Gasol is as good as Duncan. If Gasol had been drafted in place of Duncan, I think the Spurs would have had just as much success with Gasol in Duncan's place as they've had with Duncan.

Pau is grossly underrated, I think in part because he is a team-first guy that doesn't rock the boat and does what needs to be done to win. The fact that he pulled those Memphis teams into the post season in such a deep west was an amazing accomplishment, because when you look back on those rosters, they really didn't have much. If he was as much as a diva as some other guys in the league, he would be posting 20+ and 10+ every year, but like Duncan, he lets the game come to him naturally and doesn't force things.

HOF player. We are luck we get to watch him play. He is a rare talent.

dh144498
11-19-2012, 05:45 PM
Gasol is lucky that he is playing in NBA at the same decade as Stoudamire,becouse no one can call him the softest big men in nba

lol

Hellcrooner
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Pau is going to end up being one of the most underrated players of his generation. I honestly believe that Gasol is as good as Duncan. If Gasol had been drafted in place of Duncan, I think the Spurs would have had just as much success with Gasol in Duncan's place as they've had with Duncan.

Pau is grossly underrated, I think in part because he is a team-first guy that doesn't rock the boat and does what needs to be done to win. The fact that he pulled those Memphis teams into the post season in such a deep west was an amazing accomplishment, because when you look back on those rosters, they really didn't have much. If he was as much as a diva as some other guys in the league, he would be posting 20+ and 10+ every year, but like Duncan, he lets the game come to him naturally and doesn't force things.

IM the biggest Gasol Homer here, and i WoULD NOT go that far.

Duncan and KG are well ahead of him in this decade, ill fight for him as being better than Webber, Dirk, Bosh, Stou, Griffin, Love at his prime any day of the week, but the other two, are simply the best ones EVER at the PF position along with Mchale, Malone and Barkley.

L@ker4Life
11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
One of my favorite players. It's a shame that he doesn't get the recognition that he deserves. It's also a shame that the Lakers haven't used him properly in two years. The guy is a 5 not a power forward. He should be playing primarily with his back to the basket and they should have him set the table more.

The guy is the epitomy of a team player, and fundamentaly perfect. I hope that his remaining years in the NBA will have him playing to his strengths instead of sacrificing for the team.

5ass
11-19-2012, 06:13 PM
IM the biggest Gasol Homer here, and i WoULD NOT go that far.

Duncan and KG are well ahead of him in this decade, ill fight for him as being better than Webber, Dirk, Bosh, Stou, Griffin, Love at his prime any day of the week, but the other two, are simply the best ones EVER at the PF position along with Mchale, Malone and Barkley.

Hes better than bosh, stoudemire. Probably as good as webber and dirk. Griffin and love will eventually surpass him. Imo

Spurred1
11-19-2012, 08:56 PM

He's an excellent player, but wow...when even Crooner thinks you've gone too far there... Duncan came into the league polished from years of college play and was ready to dominate. Pau didn't make that kind of splash; that may be because he wasn't accustomed to bb in the States/no NCAA play.
He is vastly underrated and gets kicked around for the Lakers' issues, even when it isn't his doing.
I really don't see the Spurs winning those titles w/out Duncan. He's an unique and elite player.

SugeKnight
11-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Pau Gasol.
This

John Walls Era
11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Crooner Milestone.

100th Thread made about Pau Gasol on PSD by Crooner.

LdotAdot
11-19-2012, 09:29 PM
He's a great player and has incredible skill, but he's still a soft *****.

Playing soft must be good because according to Synergy he is the #1 post-up defender.

tredigs
11-19-2012, 09:31 PM

You're insane. At no point has Pau been better than Duncan. Are you entirely throwing out defense, where they play a position where it is the most premium? It's not even remotely close between the two. Hell Duncan's entering his late 30's and still playing some of the best ball in the league right now.

Pau's great, but these are two different tiers of player. And if Pau could get his head out of his *** at some point here this season my fantasy team would be much obliged.

Playing soft must be good because according to Synergy he is the #1 post-up defender.

I'm going to guess this has much to do with Dwight's weakside D to support him.

b@llhog24
11-19-2012, 11:24 PM

:facepalm:

LdotAdot
11-20-2012, 05:25 AM
I'm going to guess this has much to do with Dwight's weakside D to support him.

Nah. The power of Pau's screams are enough to disrupt the opposing players semicircular canals and Vestibular apparatus and throw them off balance. Thus causing the player to miss their shot.

He's just like Sindel from Mortal Kombat.

AnthonyTyrael
11-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I never understood why he's consider soft. Must be an amercian point of view. This discussion goes on since years... so yeah.

Lim
11-20-2012, 06:27 PM
how can you be soft and average 10+ rebounds per game the last 4-5 years?