PDA

View Full Version : What is the best DIVISION in the NBA this year, top to bottom?

elledaddy
11-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Simple question. Which Division has the best 5 teams overall? It's still early so dont just simply go off win loss records alone, but by how the teams actually are playing.

I actually think the Atlantic( Knicks,Celts,Nets,76ers,Raps) is the best right now overall, just edging past the Southwest( Grizz,Spurs,Rockets,Mavs,Hornets)

tennisoscar1
11-19-2012, 12:26 PM
I think definitely the Atlantic

NYKnickFanatic
11-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Atlantic for sure.

Southeast division is a joke.

BSplaya2121
11-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Southwest is very competitive top to bottom, the Atlantic has a weak link with Toronto but even they are not a terrible team. I would agree that its pretty even between the two

Robbw241
11-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Bynum's injury complicates things for the ATL. Would definitely be that IMO if he was healthy.

#Shumpert Up
11-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Southwest, not even close.

Grizz, Spurs are elite.
Mavs are a perrenial playoff team.
Rockets are a sleeper team for the playoffs and the hornets have a future superstar in davis

The atlantic have New York(still yet to be seen how good we are, whether this is real or just a hot start) an overrated Brooklyn team, a regressing Boston Celtics team, an awful philly team (alebit sans bynum) and an injury ridden raptors team.

2-ONE-5
11-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Southwest, not even close.

Grizz, Spurs are elite.
Mavs are a perrenial playoff team.
Rockets are a sleeper team for the playoffs and the hornets have a future superstar in davis

The atlantic have New York(still yet to be seen how good we are, whether this is real or just a hot start) an overrated Brooklyn team, a regressing Boston Celtics team, an awful philly team (alebit sans bynum) and an injury ridden raptors team.

im sorry but what makes the Sixers an awful team at 6-4?

justinnum1
11-19-2012, 12:50 PM
easily southwest

Baller1
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
I'd give it to Southwest rather easily. Toronto brings the Atlantic down quite a bit.

Mitch Kramer
11-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Southwest #1, Northwest #2, followed by Atlantic at #3. Raptors are horrid, so top-to-bottom that hurts them.

How about the other side of the coin? What is the worst? I'd say Central off the top of my head. With no D-rose on the Bulls, they're horribly average, Pacers are down without granger, Cavs and Pistons stink. Milwaukee as a #3 seed?? :laugh:

Secondary_Break
11-19-2012, 01:33 PM
I say the best division is the Northwest. They have a title contender (OKC) and then four possible playoff teams (Minnesota, Portland, Utah, and Denver.) The worst team in the division was a preseason dark horse for a run to the conference finals.

Will 2 BE
11-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Its a little early for this thread IMO. The Atlantic does look very good right now, the southwest has battle tested playoff teams though so I wouldn't jump at saying the Atlantic is better than they are just yet.

On a side note this may be the first thread in which Knicks fans and Nets fans unite.... most be a sign of the end :hide:

kyubi256
11-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Southwest by far.

Great Teams:
Memphis
San Antonio

Good Teams:
Dallas

Promising Teams:
Houston = Possible playoff team
New Orleans = Good future

The Atlantic is close but not as close...

Great Teams:
Knicks = Look at how they've played this year and who they played. Hard to not say they are great.
76ers = They are 6-2 against the "Non-Knicks" after beating some good teams too. And they are playoff tested

Good Teams:
Nets = They have a good record but haven't beaten a good team yet. Want to see that first.
Celtics = They are good as long as Rondo is healthy. But even then they are not like the past Celtic team. That team wouldn't have lost to the Pistons

Bad Teams:
Raptors = I just don't think they are even promising for the future...

Minimal
11-19-2012, 03:59 PM
We can count it in simple way by winning percentage.

Atlantic: 0.614
Central: 0.399
Southeast: 0.412

Northwest: 0.528
Pacific: 0.468
Southwest: 0.602

So Atlantic and Southwest are the winningest, but considering the west is much stronger than the east, ima go with the Southwest.

The worst are Central and Southeast.

Gram
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Sw.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Southwest by far.

Great Teams:
Memphis
San Antonio

Good Teams:
Dallas

Promising Teams:
Houston = Possible playoff team
New Orleans = Good future

The Atlantic is close but not as close...

Great Teams:
Knicks = Look at how they've played this year and who they played. Hard to not say they are great.
76ers = They are 6-2 against the "Non-Knicks" after beating some good teams too. And they are playoff tested

Good Teams:
Nets = They have a good record but haven't beaten a good team yet. Want to see that first.
Celtics = They are good as long as Rondo is healthy. But even then they are not like the past Celtic team. That team wouldn't have lost to the Pistons

Bad Teams:
Raptors = I just don't think they are even promising for the future...

They did last season...

The Celtics are still one of the elite teams out there. 1 game or 10 games doesn't change that.

RLundi
11-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Southwest for sure.

Knicks and Nets will both settle into a 45-win team and then the Atlantic won't look so formidable anymore.

Tysons_Beard
11-19-2012, 04:24 PM
atlantic et southwest yo

Cal827
11-19-2012, 04:42 PM
The Division between the Kobe Lovers and the Kobe haters. It's ****ing awesome to just watch :laugh:

Seriously though

SW
ATL

IMO

Twins Fanatic
11-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Northwest for sure, defending western conference champs; very talented teams in Denver, Minnesota, Utah and Portland...I would not be surprised if 3 or 4 of these teams made the playoffs.

ClearSoulForce
11-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Dallas is 5-5 without Dirk. Just imagine when he gets back then you'll have 1 elite (Spurs), 2 great who can get to the WCF (Mavs and Grizz) then the Hornets and Rockets both have young stars on their teams as well.