PDA

View Full Version : Spurs eye Al Jefferson

DitchDat
11-19-2012, 12:05 PM
I've read on several websites that the Spurs really like Al Jefferson and that they would love to pair him with Duncan, just like they once paired Duncan with Robinson.

The Jazz will face some decisions soon with all their bigs (Al Jeff, Millsap, Favors, Kanter) and they probably can't afford to keep all 4.

This would be such a typical Spurs move if it happened.

kdspurman
11-19-2012, 12:07 PM
I haven't seen anything about this from any credible sources. Might make sense, and cause the Jazz could use shooters which we have.

But I don't know there's any "real" truth to this. However, I could be wrong. Spurs seem to make deals that no one hears about till it goes down.

DitchDat
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
I think it would be brilliant

kyubi256
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Good move but what would they give up?

leafswin2011
11-19-2012, 12:20 PM
ginobli?

NickyNick
11-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Read this about the celtics too. Al said Boston is his number 2 choice behind staying with the Jazz. Would take a lot though, Avery Bradley, Bass, 2 first...just to start, might have to part with Sullinger as well, and hes been great.

b_russ
11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
The Jazz would want to much to make the Spurs pull the trigger.

#Shumpert Up
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
i could see them giving up danny green, dejaun blair, and a 1st rounder for jeff

SeoulBeatz
11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Would be a fantastic pick up for the Spurs, they always get the most out of their players.

Capital G
11-19-2012, 12:37 PM
not sure how green (who i like) + blair (stinks) + a late first rounder would ne jefferson.

thenaj17
11-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Read this about the celtics too. Al said Boston is his number 2 choice behind staying with the Jazz. Would take a lot though, Avery Bradley, Bass, 2 first...just to start, might have to part with Sullinger as well, and hes been great.

It wouldn't take anything as Jefferson is a free agent at season's end.

Magic11
11-19-2012, 01:01 PM
i could see them giving up danny green, dejaun blair, and a 1st rounder for jeff

Jazz can get more than Green, a bad player, and a late draft pick.

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
It would have to be something like Jackson + 1 of Neal/Joepsh + Blair/Bonner + 1rst. for it to work cap wise and im not even sure Jazz would do that.

LongWayFromHome
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
it would take at least kawhi leonard

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 01:10 PM

about 0% chance that happens as spurs think the world of the kid.

Baller1
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Kawhi isn't going anywhere.

Baller1
11-19-2012, 01:15 PM
I could see them parting with Green, Blair, and some picks possibly.

LongWayFromHome
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
Spurs are patient. They will wait till he hits the market this summer.

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 01:35 PM
Also how is he going to move that gigantic bed?

JasonJohnHorn
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
I would love to see Jefferson in a Spurs uniform, but... what do they have to offer Utah?

If I was Utah I would be willing to trade Al Jefferson for Blair, Pop, and SA's scouting team and GM. ;-)

DanG
11-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Parker-Green-Leonard-Duncan-Jefferson :drool:

dee279
11-19-2012, 01:54 PM

They are trying to get rid of big men, not give up one and get 2

RLundi
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I could see them parting with Green, Blair, and some picks possibly.

'Parting,' 'possibly'? You make it sound as if this would be a good deal for Utah. The Jazz would be idiots to accept this. They can get so much more elsewhere.

futureman
11-19-2012, 02:04 PM
It will have to be through a trade. The jazz will have the most cap room this summer so if they really like him, they can keep him easily and trade him later. I don't see why the spurs would want him because he can't defend the pick and roll at all. His offense has really gone down this season also.

futureman
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Green would be a sweetener because Dennis Lindsey who is now the Jazz GM, was the guy who discovered Green and convinced Buford to sign him.

jericho
11-19-2012, 02:16 PM
i see no links :shrug:

waveycrockett
11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
about 0% chance that happens as spurs think the world of the kid.

The spurs can think whatever they want of Leonard. To get an Allstar caliber big man in his prime will cost them a guy like a Leonard who has nice upside but really is nothing more than Danny Granger 2.0. Spurs have absolutely nothing else to offer short of maybe Tony Parker.

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
The spurs can think whatever they want of Leonard. To get an Allstar caliber big man in his prime will cost them a guy like a Leonard who has nice upside but really is nothing more than Danny Granger 2.0. Spurs have absolutely nothing else to offer short of maybe Tony Parker.

Leonard has the potential to be a superstar. The Spurs wont make a deal involving Manu,Leonard,Parker, or Duncan. so if the Jazz ask for them they would likely wait and make a run at Jefferson/Bynum/Millsap during FA.

310Casper
11-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Jazz would be stupid to trade him to a Western contender.

And as a laker fan, yea, this scares me.

Twins Fanatic
11-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Would be huge offensive pick up for SA

Byronicle
11-19-2012, 03:08 PM
Spurs would more likely have to add splitter than blair

splitter + joseph + green + 1st rounders

even that is not really enough but jazz needs to make a deal rather than lose him for nothing in FA

Ebbs
11-19-2012, 03:09 PM
If they kept their core 4 and Al Jeff I would take the Spurs pretty seriously

waveycrockett
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Leonard has the potential to be a superstar. The Spurs wont make a deal involving Manu,Leonard,Parker, or Duncan. so if the Jazz ask for them they would likely wait and make a run at Jefferson/Bynum/Millsap during FA.

Leonard will and should never be more than the #3 scoring option on a playoff team.

kdspurman
11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Leonard will and should never be more than the #3 scoring option on a playoff team.

Right now? Probably. But they have high hopes for him, and he's going to surprise a lot of people if he hasn't already.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Who can the Spurs offer at other positions? Their biggest need is SF and the Spurs would have to get rid of Kawhi for that.

kdspurman
11-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Who can the Spurs offer at other positions? Their biggest need is SF and the Spurs would have to get rid of Kawhi for that.

Yea like I said I haven't seen any reports other than forum chatter suggesting a deal between the 2 made sense.

I could see Jefferson coming the off-season just cause he's got great admiration of the Spurs and TD, that I could see him wanting to pair up with him.

Other than that, as far as I've seen there's no serious indications that this is something the Spurs want to do now.

kobe4thewinbang
11-19-2012, 03:51 PM
I don't think this will happen. Jefferson has said he wants to play in Boston, which means he might not resign in SA. Also, Spurs don't really have a lot to give up. Their nature is to be a cohesive unit. They have their Leonards, Greens, Jacksons, Splitters, along with their big 3. Unless Jazz just want SOMETHING (De Colo, Patty Mills, draft picks, idk?) back since Jefferson is going to walk next summer, I don't see this deal happening without disrupting SA's well oiled machine.

Baller1
11-19-2012, 03:52 PM
'Parting,' 'possibly'? You make it sound as if this would be a good deal for Utah. The Jazz would be idiots to accept this. They can get so much more elsewhere.

I'm not so sure about that. What do you think they could get, referring to "so much more"? I could be wrong, but I don't think Al will command all that much attention.

MiamiBoy77
11-19-2012, 03:55 PM
I made an association in 2k with the Spurs like 3 weeks ago and traded Manu, Blair and 2 firsts for Al.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-19-2012, 03:56 PM
Don't think it would happen. Jazz would probably want Leonard or no deal and I can't see the Spurs trading Leonard for anything but an elite or near elite talent.

Stunner
11-19-2012, 04:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2bpy4l

spreadeagle
11-19-2012, 04:28 PM
he would be awesome on that team

Munkeysuit
11-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Jazz fans will kill me for saying this but I think they should keep Big Al and trade Millsap, like seriously? who are they to get for Jefferson in return from the Spurs?

Stunner
11-19-2012, 04:40 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=btvltb9 I rather the Jazz do this lol

AlexTmz2
11-19-2012, 04:51 PM
I can't find anything on Al Jefferson and the Spurs. Do you have any links by any chance?

Jarvo
11-19-2012, 05:02 PM
:pray: I always said him & Milsap are Spur like players and will be better with pop coaching them.

ClearSoulForce
11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
They better not give up Kawhi. He is going to be a star with DPOY candidate every year written on him.

Splitter, Green, Mills/Neal and picks would be the offer if I had to guess.

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d2bpy4l

suppose this trade does happen. Would it make Spurs favorites to win west/title?

dhopisthename
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
I don't think this will happen. Jefferson has said he wants to play in Boston, which means he might not resign in SA. Also, Spurs don't really have a lot to give up. Their nature is to be a cohesive unit. They have their Leonards, Greens, Jacksons, Splitters, along with their big 3. Unless Jazz just want SOMETHING (De Colo, Patty Mills, draft picks, idk?) back since Jefferson is going to walk next summer, I don't see this deal happening without disrupting SA's well oiled machine.

no jefferson said he wouldn't mind going back to boston.

Blitzbolt
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I been saying this for years give Timmy some Help inside but pop's keeps playing small and Spurs fans thing Splitter is a good player NOT.

As a Grizz fan I don't want this to happen I want them to keep playing Blair,Diaw and Split.

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
I been saying this for years give Timmy some Help inside but pop's keeps playing small and Spurs fans thing Splitter is a good player NOT.

As a Grizz fan I don't want this to happen I want them to keep playing Blair,Diaw and Split.

Most spurs fan want another big next to Duncan and Splitter is what he is a good/great back up C.

king4day
11-19-2012, 06:05 PM

I doubt the Spurs do it but if I'm Utah, I start and end with him. If SA doesn't want to include him, chances are Utah can find better deals elsewhere.

Blitzbolt
11-19-2012, 06:12 PM
All the Spurs fan say Leonard is the next Jordan/Lebron so I don't see them trading him.

Mr.Nate30
11-19-2012, 06:19 PM
we didnt say hes the next Jordan. lol Pop views the kid highly and hes got the potential to be a DPOY and a regularbench all-star

Blitzbolt
11-19-2012, 06:20 PM
we didnt say hes the next Jordan. lol Pop views the kid highly and hes got the potential to be a DPOY and a regularbench all-star

I was just Joking :)

ace123
11-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Jefferson and Raja Bell for say Ginobili, Neal, and Green . The spurs need to trade someone with some money on their deal, and that seems like Jackson- which is not a Jazz type player, or Ginobili. I think the Jazz could really use Ginobili right now.

John Walls Era
11-19-2012, 06:28 PM

At least?

I dunno how great he will be, but Pop already came out and said Leonard is his future all star. Hes essentially Pop's project/kid.

knicks=love
11-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Link or gtfo

chipurmunki
11-19-2012, 07:25 PM
there are no links. just someone who wants to give weight to their opinions by alluding to some mysterious link in la-la land.

i hope the jazz don't trade with SA, unless SA gets raped. they're too good to allow that to happen, so the jazz should look elsewhere to trade big al, even if kawhi is included.

ManRam
11-19-2012, 07:34 PM
Why are you all proposing low ball trades. Utah probably needs to move someone, and Al is the most likely, but they aren't gonna give him away for nothing.

Blair and Green are just role players, and their first round pick has very little value.

If Leonard is off the table, I don't see how they come up with an offer worth the Jazz's time of day. Adding more and more role players to the equation doesn't make a deal better either.

HouRealCoach
11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Maybe Stephen Jackson... I can't really see a deal being made without Kawhi tho :shrug:

jjohn5509
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I say neal, mills & first and second round remember if they are gonna lose him . they get cheap contracts plus something instead letting him walk. You wouldn't want Jackson heavy contract or if there was another exspiring contract. Pop definetly get the best out of players look at Danny Green who would ever thought? Tim Duncan needs some help plus he can play know his game !

Spurred1
11-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Idle chatter. He would be a great addition offensively, but defensively, I'm not sure.

Spurred1
11-19-2012, 08:27 PM
I say neal, mills & first and second round remember if they are gonna lose him . they get cheap contracts plus something instead letting him walk. You wouldn't want Jackson heavy contract or if there was another exspiring contract. Pop definetly get the best out of players look at Danny Green who would ever thought? Tim Duncan needs some help plus he can play know his game !

Jazz would get better offers than that, though. Neal and Mills aren't great players and the picks wouldn't be that terrific.

kdspurman
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM

Splitter IS a good player. Nothing special just a good player.

And Pop is playing with what he has. BTW, a lot of teams are playing small ball except a handful of teams. It's what the league is coming to. (Miami just won it all playing small ball.)

Most Spurs fans know we need a defensive minded big when TD goes to the bench as numbers indicate. I trust the FO to figure something out this yr.

Spurred1
11-19-2012, 08:38 PM
I think I expected too much of Splitter. He's a very solid player but not star material. But he does his job.

chipurmunki
11-19-2012, 09:17 PM
i don't get this. the only reason any of you have said the jazz 'need' to trade al is because 4 bigs supposedly can't co-exist. to remedy this, some of you are suggesting sending splitter in return? really? what has the jazz done to make you hate us so? damn... how the hell will the jazz get better by replacing jefferson with splitter? it's not like kanter is threatening al's job security and favors is lacking offensively. what do the jazz have to gain by trading their most reliable offensive player with a bevvy of role players? even the leonard suggestion smells bad. a 2nd year player, streak shooter at best, on a team full of streak shooters...

take these weak trade ideas to the bobcats. mj will eat them all up.

C-Style
11-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Smh @ okc

kobe4thewinbang
11-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Spurs might try now that S-Jackson is injured (or can you not trade an injured player?), but I honestly think Utah could get a better deal than anything SA could offer, even though teams might not leap because of Jefferson's remarks to join Boston in the off-season. Who wants a player that's just going to leave? It's not the same as Dwight Howard, because LA has a whole season with him first.

LongWayFromHome
11-20-2012, 09:28 AM

They can trade him to 28 other teams. And I'm sure somebody has a better deal to offer for a very good 27 year old big.