PDA

View Full Version : Is CP3 a locked for LA Clippers on FA?

pcord901
11-18-2012, 09:36 PM
I just wanted to know is there any chance of him going some where else and who are the teams.

MetroMan
11-18-2012, 09:38 PM
Cp3 to lakers :)

shep33
11-18-2012, 09:42 PM
He ain't leaving the Clips. No chance imo. Unless... Sterling does something really ******* stupid. Like offer him an MLE lol.

TheSource
11-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Clippers have arguably the best chemistry in the NBA and they're going in the right path to building a championship team - if they're not there already.

I don't see him leaving.

Lakeshow24KB
11-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Nah he's staying. He's built a great relationship with the players and staff.

StarvingKnick22
11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
He is not leaving unless the Knicks pull some strings.

Dodgers99
11-18-2012, 09:57 PM
Maybe if Dwight Howard decided to bail on the Lakers, then he and CP could end up in Dallas or Atlanta, but I don't see that happening so he probably stays put.

richiesaurus310
11-18-2012, 09:59 PM
I actually think the Clippers could survive CP3 leaving since Eric Bledsoe is there. I doubt he leaves after a deep playoff run this season though. People will say LA will always be a Laker town but Idk what that actually means for the players on the court to be honest.

shep33
11-18-2012, 10:04 PM
This is up to Sterling. He needs to give CP3 his $100 mill and go on with his strange life. Yeah it'll be an expensive team with DJ, Blake, CP3 and Crawford eating the cap, but it's just something that needs to be done.

Clippersfan86
11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Nah he's staying. He's built a great relationship with the players and staff.

He himself has had a huge say in player and front office moves. As some analysts have joked CP3 could be up for Executive of the Year because he was the one pulling the strings to acquire these players.

Fresno
11-18-2012, 11:11 PM
He himself has had a huge say in player and front office moves. As some analysts have joked CP3 could be up for Executive of the Year because he was the one pulling the strings to acquire these players.

So you troll on here and ISH.

:pity:

The goods
11-18-2012, 11:22 PM
Theirs always a chance someone could leave a team look at when Elton Brand left them, but will happen most likely not.

Ebbs
11-18-2012, 11:33 PM
There is a chance.

JasonJohnHorn
11-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Dallas is going to sign him and Dwight in the offseason :-)

Cracka2HI!
11-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Theirs always a chance someone could leave a team look at when Elton Brand left them, but will happen most likely not.

This, I think Paul will stay, but you never know. I'm trying very hard not to get too excited about CP3 staying mainly because of Brand.

thrice4
11-18-2012, 11:50 PM
I think he goes to Dallas or stays in LA. Wish he would be a buck but that would never happen....

Sssmush
11-19-2012, 12:36 AM
lock to go somewhere else.

Probably Dallas or the Knicks if I was gonna guess.

Tmath
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Bledsoe is the future

NYYCowboys
11-19-2012, 01:08 AM
I would say there is a 90% chance he'll resign with the Clippers. The only other scenarios I could see him leaving is if him and Dwight both go to either the Mavs or the Hawks. With the Hawks being close to his native North Carolina, and Dwight's hometown.

Sssmush
11-19-2012, 02:57 AM
I would say there is a 90% chance he'll resign with the Clippers. The only other scenarios I could see him leaving is if him and Dwight both go to either the Mavs or the Hawks. With the Hawks being close to his native North Carolina, and Dwight's hometown.

uh, no.

You're talking about the Clippers. It's possible CP3 signs a one-year deal or something like that, but in all probability, when things heat up in unrestricted free agency, he's very likely to go somewhere else -- Knicks, Heat, Atlanta, Dallas, Portland, etc.

Cracka2HI!
11-19-2012, 03:40 AM
uh, no.

You're talking about the Clippers. It's possible CP3 signs a one-year deal or something like that, but in all probability, when things heat up in unrestricted free agency, he's very likely to go somewhere else -- Knicks, Heat, Atlanta, Dallas, Portland, etc.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Your first sentence is correct but everything else is dumb. We are talking about the Clippers here. A 7-2 team that CP3 has basically created himself. I voted that it's a lock because I think it's a very high percentage, but I know there are no guarantees. To say it's a lock he is signing somewhere is absolutely foolish. To say he will take a 1 year deal over a 5 year $100 million(which he can only get with the Clippers) contract is well....I'll just you explain why, that will make you look worse than anything I can come with!

odiz
11-19-2012, 03:53 AM

The Clippers were the laughing stock of the league when Brand left. They are one of the best teams in the league now and can be a contender for the next 10+ years considering how young their core is. Its not really the same situation. Not to mention noone can pay Paul as much as the Clippers can.

Guppyfighter
11-19-2012, 03:59 AM
He'd look good in a Hawks jersey.

Bravo95
11-19-2012, 04:06 AM
Unless... Sterling does something really ******* stupid
Heh...

The only other scenarios I could see him leaving is if him and Dwight both go to either the Mavs or the Hawks. With the Hawks being close to his native North Carolina, and Dwight's hometown.
:shush:

Dade County
11-19-2012, 04:16 AM
I think he leaves, the reason why... RINGS

History has not been kind to the Clippers Organization, and Cp3 should know by now that this league is rigged... He can go talk to Wade & Lbj about it and get the real deal.

I can just look at Cp3 & tell, he doesn't want to retire from this game not winning a ring in his prime... He is to great not too.

I have been saying that the Clippers are going to make it to the WCF or the Finals, because of basketball reasons... Cp3 is that basketball reason; because if he leaves, Blake isn't going to be a serious contender, and Blake is one of the NBA newest cash cows.

So I am one of the people that believes, that Cp3 could just walk out the back door under the cover of night.

STL Don
11-19-2012, 07:38 AM
I mean, if lets say the Clippers fall in the first round and another good team (like NY, DAL,etc.) make a strong push towards him, it wouldn't be a big surprise to me if he did leave.

At this point it's very unlikely it would happen since the Clippers ARE good and should have a shot at advancing through the 1st round, but we'll have to see what happens. The top 4-5 in the West is looking very competitive.

aussie
11-19-2012, 08:09 AM
hornets

BKLYNpigeon
11-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Why would he leave?

He has a chance to compete for a Championship.

Great players to play with.

He plays in LA and doesnt have the pressure of being a Laker.

and The Clippers own his Bird Rights..

#Shumpert Up
11-19-2012, 09:30 AM
No, because as long as smith is in atlanta, there is always a chance he goes there

sammyvine
11-19-2012, 09:56 AM
I wonder how much his clippers contract will be worth when he resigns?

sammyvine
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about. Your first sentence is correct but everything else is dumb. We are talking about the Clippers here. A 7-2 team that CP3 has basically created himself. I voted that it's a lock because I think it's a very high percentage, but I know there are no guarantees. To say it's a lock he is signing somewhere is absolutely foolish. To say he will take a 1 year deal over a 5 year $100 million(which he can only get with the Clippers) contract is well....I'll just you explain why, that will make you look worse than anything I can come with!

Yikes the salary in basketball:facepalm:

Anyway didnt know he will get that much $100m

Sssmush
11-19-2012, 10:05 AM
I think he leaves, the reason why... RINGS

History has not been kind to the Clippers Organization, and Cp3 should know by now that this league is rigged... He can go talk to Wade & Lbj about it and get the real deal.

I can just look at Cp3 & tell, he doesn't want to retire from this game not winning a ring in his prime... He is to great not too.

I have been saying that the Clippers are going to make it to the WCF or the Finals, because of basketball reasons... Cp3 is that basketball reason; because if he leaves, Blake isn't going to be a serious contender, and Blake is one of the NBA newest cash cows.

So I am one of the people that believes, that Cp3 could just walk out the back door under the cover of night.

Yes, thank you.

I mean, certainly it's possible that CP3 could stay, and we could be on the brink of a fantastic and long-lasting turnaround in Clipper-land that eventually sees them hoisting multiple banners, or at least a Finals appearance or two.

But... have the Clippers ever won out when a superstar goes to unrestricted free agency on them? We don't need to speculate as to all the precise reasons, but it has rarely if ever happened. Elton Brand doesn't exactly qualify imho, and I believe he was signed to an extension before the season was over... is that correct? Or did he do a free agency tour and then sign back with the Clippers? In any case, he is the only one and he is not exactly a "superstar."

Most of the other potential Clipper stars or superstars have always been traded for draft picks or veterans before they got close enough to unrestricted free agency to lose any real trade value. So, that being the case, how can anyone just make a blanket assumption that CP3 will go into unrestricted free agency and then sign back with the Clippers?

It would be nice to see, really, and the Clippers got a great team, and it could be a fantastic situation, but I still would have to see it to actually believe it. For one thing, with the luxury tax looming, how can CP3 know that if he signs that Blake Griffin and the other up and comers on the team will also be signed? What if it seems probable that at least some (Bledsoe, Jordan) might end up leaving, and what if the Clippers refuse to give CP3 a no-trade clause (they will). Then CP3 will see a scenario where he could be trapped as a Clipper for four years, something that no superstar's agent would ever let happen to his client.

Thus, I vote no. But hey, Clippers, make me a believer! You're team is fun to watch!

todu82
11-19-2012, 10:15 AM
With the way the Clippers are playing this season I can't see him leaving there at all.

jericho
11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
i just wanted to even things out but i really have no idea on this it could really be 50/50

Jarvo
11-19-2012, 10:29 AM
If he signs back only for a year or two, CP3 want rings.

Clippersfan86
11-19-2012, 11:49 AM
The Clippers were the laughing stock of the league when Brand left. They are one of the best teams in the league now and can be a contender for the next 10+ years considering how young their core is. Its not really the same situation. Not to mention noone can pay Paul as much as the Clippers can.

Yea in 08 when Brand left the team had largely been decimated from the previous 06 roster. Every key player seemed to miss half the season, Cassell was traded to the Celtics and the Clippers won 23 games that season before Brand walked. In otherwords the 06 team was built with a smaller window compared to this team.

On this team sure the vets like Butler, Odom, Hill, Billups will soon need to be replaced but the core of CP3, Griffin, Bledsoe, DJ and Crawford will still be intact and easy to build around. This team is going to contend for nearly 10 years if CP3 re-signs. People seem to forget Chris Paul just turned 27 this year. Dude isn't old or anything and with his playstyle will probably be an all star till 33-34.

zizo
11-19-2012, 11:53 AM
So you troll on here and ISH.

:pity:

:)

Clippersfan86 anytime anywhere

Dodgers99
11-19-2012, 01:23 PM
People keep talking about him leaving because he wants to win championships, and I could certainly see that.

Where is he gonna have a better chance to win a title than where he is right now that has the cap room? (emphasizing the last part)

ATM, The Knicks aren't an option unless they pull off some major salary dump. I can't see him going to Dallas to play with an old Dirk unless Howard comes with him, same goes for Atlanta.

29$JerZ
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
The only way I see him wanting out is if Dwight and him could pair up on a team like Dallas/
Atlanta or if he still wanted to play for Melo. He has it pretty good in LA, don't see why'd he leave.

sep11ie
11-19-2012, 01:44 PM
A locked?

Clippersfan86
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
:)

Clippersfan86 anytime anywhere

So me saying CP3 basically played pseudo GM this summer and it's been jokef about that he might win executive of the year is trolling? You guys are being sensitive.

8kobe24
11-19-2012, 01:54 PM
CP3 is about winning now, he knows his brand will rack in the cash wherever he goes. Anything less than as Western Conference title and he will walk the to the highest bidding contender.

illastrate
11-19-2012, 03:29 PM
You think CP3 would actually leave all that money on the table and go elsewhere? To sign with who? There's actually a better chance of D12 leaving because he's the indecisive one. But if and when D12 re-signs, it's pretty much a lock CP will stay. Deron Williams did the same.

Hellcrooner
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont know, he should listen if Dallas found a way to have Him, Mayo, Dirk and J Smith.

Cracka2HI!
11-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Yes, thank you.

I mean, certainly it's possible that CP3 could stay, and we could be on the brink of a fantastic and long-lasting turnaround in Clipper-land that eventually sees them hoisting multiple banners, or at least a Finals appearance or two.

But... have the Clippers ever won out when a superstar goes to unrestricted free agency on them? We don't need to speculate as to all the precise reasons, but it has rarely if ever happened. Elton Brand doesn't exactly qualify imho, and I believe he was signed to an extension before the season was over... is that correct? Or did he do a free agency tour and then sign back with the Clippers? In any case, he is the only one and he is not exactly a "superstar."

Most of the other potential Clipper stars or superstars have always been traded for draft picks or veterans before they got close enough to unrestricted free agency to lose any real trade value. So, that being the case, how can anyone just make a blanket assumption that CP3 will go into unrestricted free agency and then sign back with the Clippers?

It would be nice to see, really, and the Clippers got a great team, and it could be a fantastic situation, but I still would have to see it to actually believe it. For one thing, with the luxury tax looming, how can CP3 know that if he signs that Blake Griffin and the other up and comers on the team will also be signed? What if it seems probable that at least some (Bledsoe, Jordan) might end up leaving, and what if the Clippers refuse to give CP3 a no-trade clause (they will). Then CP3 will see a scenario where he could be trapped as a Clipper for four years, something that no superstar's agent would ever let happen to his client.

Thus, I vote no. But hey, Clippers, make me a believer! You're team is fun to watch!

We all know the history of the Clippers, but thank your this recap. It is actually close to what really happened. Brand actually signed with Miami and they matched it. The team didn't really know what the market value for a star was back then so they let someone else set it. Maggette signed an offer sheet with Utah that same year that was also matched.

That said this post is nothing like your last 2. You said and I quote "he is lock to leave" and "he will take a 1 year contract to play somewhere else". Please elaborate on those 2 very intelligent comments.

justinnum1
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
where would he go?

THE MTL
11-19-2012, 07:21 PM
Only for the Knicks. Amare for CP3? lol

Sssmush
11-19-2012, 08:45 PM
We all know the history of the Clippers, but thank your this recap. It is actually close to what really happened. Brand actually signed with Miami and they matched it. The team didn't really know what the market value for a star was back then so they let someone else set it. Maggette signed an offer sheet with Utah that same year that was also matched.

That said this post is nothing like your last 2. You said and I quote "he is lock to leave" and "he will take a 1 year contract to play somewhere else". Please elaborate on those 2 very intelligent comments.

Ok yea sorry, when I said "lock to leave" I was just being snarky.

When I said maybe he will take a one year contract, it is because that's a happy medium. If he signs for one year, then he can see what happens with Bledsoe, Jordan, Griffin, if it looks like this is for real and will last. Also he can ride out the current rush and continue from what will probably be a good playoff run this year. He can do that and not get locked into being a Clipper till 2017 or whatever by signing a one year deal.

StarvingKnick22
11-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Only for the Knicks. Amare for CP3? lol

:shush:

Cracka2HI!
11-20-2012, 02:58 AM
Ok yea sorry, when I said "lock to leave" I was just being snarky.

When I said maybe he will take a one year contract, it is because that's a happy medium. If he signs for one year, then he can see what happens with Bledsoe, Jordan, Griffin, if it looks like this is for real and will last. Also he can ride out the current rush and continue from what will probably be a good playoff run this year. He can do that and not get locked into being a Clipper till 2017 or whatever by signing a one year deal.Actually gotta give you a little apology. I thought you meant leave and take a 1 year deal. You bring up a good point with Bledsoe. If CP3 does somehow bolt, the Clippers will still have Bledsoe. He will develop into a top flight PG somewhere other than LA IMO. I don't think there is anyway you can keep both CP3 and Bledsoe long term. The Clippers are going to lose a great PG either way. I think they'll end up trading Bledsoe for something good on his way out but I can't see them keeping both.