PDA

View Full Version : Kings hold players only meeting after "embarrassing loss"

spreadeagle
11-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Thoughts on what Sac F.O needs to do with this team to improve?
The Kings called a players-only meeting after the team was blown out by the Hawks on Friday night. The idea was nice, but the Kings simply are not very good. Via Cowbell Kingdom: “After another embarrassing loss in front of their home crowd, the Sacramento Kings are beginning to show major cracks. Just nine games into the 2012-13 season, veterans Chuck Hayes and Francisco Garcia called a players’ only meeting last night while media members waited anxiously outside their locker room door. ‘Very frustrated,’ Hayes told Cowbell Kingdom following the loss to Atlanta. ‘We came in with a good mindset, but things are going bad right now and we’re starting to break and we can’t have that.’ The Kings have had a rough 10 days. Suspensions to rookie Thomas Robinson and third-year big man DeMarcus Cousins left the team short-handed and the losses have begun to pile up. ‘Obviously we want people to know that we’re not satisfied with what’s going on,’ forward Jason Thompson told a group of hungry reporters. ‘So we thought it was only right to make each other accountable and say what was on our minds because at the end of the day, when we put our hands together, we say ‘family’ and we mean it.’ Family or not, the level of tension in the room was palpable. ‘We’re tired of losing,’ said Tyreke Evans. ‘(Atlanta) came in here and did whatever they wanted, got easy baskets. We worked hard on defense in Colorado and then we come out here at home and in front of our home crowd, we (lose) by 15 or 20 every night.’”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/11/kings-held-players-only-meeting-after-loss/

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-18-2012, 02:44 PM
Not a big deal. These things happen all the time in the NBA. Player-only meetings are a very common thing.

J4KOP99
11-18-2012, 02:44 PM
How old am I that Francisco Garcia is considered an NBA veteran?

KnicksTape
11-18-2012, 03:41 PM
#FreeJimmer

JasonJohnHorn
11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
The front office needs to get their heads on straight. This team hasn't been in the post season since 06. Now that is what, 5 or 6 years of first round picks? You should be competing by now. They've had like 4 coaches since that time. And they have a strong enough core of young players that they should be competing in these games. I mean, this is potentially a .500 club. I know they haven't had any top picks in the draft, but still... this long rebuilding is embaraassing. It is hard for fans to show up with losses piling up year after year. Sac-town fans deserve something to cheer about.

Baller1
11-18-2012, 04:19 PM
Tank, get a good pick, and pack your bags for Seattle.

DoMeFavors
11-18-2012, 04:27 PM
Tank, get a good pick, and pack your bags for Seattle.

you would actually cheer for them over OKC?

Baller1
11-18-2012, 04:29 PM
you would actually cheer for them over OKC?

Absolutely.

KnicksorBust
11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't think there is a right move at the moment. They don't have expiring deals. They have a handful of talented young players and basically they need to figure out whose worth keeping and who is not. Hold on to Tyreke-Cousins-TRob-etc. for the season. Ride it out. See who produces and develops a chemistry together. Then at the start of next season, with one year removed from all their bad contracts, suddenly guys like Salmons, Thompson, Hayes become potential trade chips in salary dump trades.

topdog
11-18-2012, 04:48 PM
They need a major roster shakeup. They don't have the right personalities and Garcia/Hayes is not enough to get people in line.

StarvingKnick22
11-18-2012, 04:58 PM
T-Rob is turning into a new DeMarcus Cousins.

kingsdelez24
11-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Trade Evans for a bag of chips and maybe a pack of gum, because those things have more value than Evans at the moment

SINCESTARBURY25
11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
Trade Evans for a bag of chips and maybe a pack of gum, because those things have more value than Evans at the moment

Robinson and Evans for Amare deal?

topdog
11-18-2012, 05:20 PM
I would inquire about:

Ryan Anderson (Thornton+Thompson?)
Tayshaun Prince (John Salmons?)
Paul Millsap (Tyreke+Jimmer?)
Josť Calderon (Tyreke+Outlaw?)

The Kings need more leadership and fewer chuckers.

The_Jamal
11-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Here are the problem with the Kings

-Lack of roleplayers other than Jason Thompson
-Atrocious outside shooting
-A coach who doesn't understand what "consistent rotations" are
- Lack of veteran leadership from Boogie, Reke, etc

Other than that, we're on the right path

spreadeagle
11-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I would inquire about:

Ryan Anderson (Thornton+Thompson?)
Tayshaun Prince (John Salmons?)
Paul Millsap (Tyreke+Jimmer?)
Josť Calderon (Tyreke+Outlaw?)

The Kings need more leadership and fewer chuckers.

I would love Evans on the Raps as our 3, even though he didnt play great at that position we have no one there, he would be a huge upgrade. Calderon and Terrence Ross for Evans would be nice

Sly Guy
11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I would love Evans on the Raps as our 3, even though he didnt play great at that position we have no one there, he would be a huge upgrade. Calderon and Terrence Ross for Evans would be nice

not ross. caldy straight up or someone else entirely

Jarvo
11-18-2012, 06:16 PM
T-Rob is turning into a new DeMarcus Cousins.

:hide: Don't jinx him.

Jarvo
11-18-2012, 06:17 PM

No one wants Amare lol

M.Bibby2.0
11-18-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm getting sick of watching this team suck every season. The Kings won't be significant until the Maloofs sell the team.

lakers4sho
11-18-2012, 06:40 PM
MVP should just buy the team already.

chitownredbulls
11-18-2012, 07:00 PM
this is really sad....i root and root and root for this team but damn....6 years is a long time of sucking....i like the group of guys we have and it takes time but it's just frustrating...we need to trade tyreke evans...the only bad thing is his value has dropped tremendously since we got him...what to do???:bang::dance2:

reffahead
11-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Recorded game and the Kings need to rebuild again. Cousins ain't gonna function in an environment where he is the vet or looked upon as the leader.

The midget pg needs to be the back up. Evans is a very inefficient player. Thornton is a great scorer but something about his game doesn't scream starter.

Legitimate
11-18-2012, 07:33 PM

Calderon+ landry fields for evans plus filler :D

Edit: calderon would be the best pg ya'll had since bibby, no lie

topdog
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Calderon+ landry fields for evans plus filler :D

Edit: calderon would be the best pg ya'll had since bibby, no lie

If they have to take Fields, then they should at least get Ross.

SugeKnight
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
lol

Bravo95
11-18-2012, 08:34 PM
The tipping point was probably Kyle Korver's two handed dunk in the final minutes.

Top 10 moment in NBA history, IMO.

PleaseBeNice
11-18-2012, 09:17 PM
MAGOOFS! They are the ****ing problem

Phenomenonsense
11-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Kings forum

Fresno
11-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Its always interesting that the first thing mentioned when discussing the Kings is trading Tyreke.

Ebbs
11-18-2012, 11:13 PM

I wouldn't even trade T-rob straight for Amare.

Here are the problem with the Kings

-Lack of roleplayers other than Jason Thompson
-Atrocious outside shooting
-A coach who doesn't understand what "consistent rotations" are
- Lack of veteran leadership from Boogie, Reke, etc

Other than that, we're on the right path

I don't see Evans as a veteran leader, and you don't want boogie as your leader.

Its always interesting that the first thing mentioned when discussing the Kings is trading Tyreke.

I think Evans can still ball but he needs a change of scenery.

tapajafri
11-18-2012, 11:18 PM
For a team that has so much talent and potential on paper, there's no reason for them to be that bad. They have talent at every position.

PleaseBeNice
11-18-2012, 11:39 PM
Some of you are just ****ing clueless.

Kings suck *** though.

topdog
11-19-2012, 01:53 AM
For a team that has so much talent and potential on paper, there's no reason for them to be that bad. They have talent at every position.

The reason is a lack of team play/leadership (they have a bunch of 1-on-5 players). They need a major shakeup if they're ever going to get out of re-build mode.

Bravo95
11-19-2012, 02:19 AM
Gotta give Knicks fans credit. They jump in every thread like this offering Amare for anyone who will say yes.