PDA

View Full Version : What's Wrong with the Jazz

Guppyfighter
11-17-2012, 08:55 PM
The Jazz came into the season with high expectations of cruising into at least a seventh seed. They are 4-6 and currently struggling with the Wizards.

3-0 Home
1-6 on the Road (Only win came in triple over time against the Raptors)

Thoughts?

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2012, 08:57 PM
They have a fairly weak back court and an unimpressive level of ball movement.

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Really? Jazz aren't even that great, they have a nice frontcourt but there backcourt is meh. I think they are an 8 seed at best.

ManRam
Well, it looks as if their problem is that they can't win on the road!

Hawkeye15
ball stoppers, a meh guard/wing situation, and Al Jeff taking way too many minutes from Favors.

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Teams with no superstars are inevitably mediocre

Guppyfighter
11-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Really? Jazz aren't even that great, they have a nice frontcourt but there backcourt is meh. I think they are an 8 seed at best.

Most projected at highest the seventh seed. However, if you want a biased sample, most jazz fans were thinking fourth seed.

Still, vastly under performing expectations.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Teams with no superstars are inevitably mediocre

not true, but you need to be loaded with quality starters, even coming off the bench.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 09:07 PM
I actually did think they'd be a 6-7ish seed. I still think they'll turn it around. That back court isn't as terrible as you make it out to be. They have good depth.

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:16 PM
not true, but you need to be loaded with quality starters, even coming off the bench.

It is true. Name a team in the last decade that has won with no superstar. Parker/Duncan/Ginobli, Kobe/Shaq/Pau, Lebron/Wade/Bosh, Pierce/Garnett/Allen,

Cal827
11-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Al Jefferson isn't shooting enough 3s.

:mad:

Guppyfighter
11-17-2012, 09:18 PM
It is true. Name a team in the last decade that has won with no superstar. Parker/Duncan/Ginobli, Kobe/Shaq/Pau, Lebron/Wade/Bosh, Pierce/Garnett/Allen,

04 Pistons is the closest example.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Wait? People thought they would win it all?

You said you're "inevitably mediocre" without a star. But now you're talking championships.

You can be better than "mediocre" without a star.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 09:20 PM

Was Denver mediocre last season? Did the Pistons have a star?

You aren't mediocre if you don't win it all. There is an in-between.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM

You said you're "inevitably mediocre" without a star. But now you're talking championships.

so glad you are back and stealing my posts :p

topdog
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
The Jazz came into the season with high expectations of cruising into at least a seventh seed. They are 4-6 and currently struggling with the Wizards.

3-0 Home

Thoughts?

I don't know how a team that was fighting for the 8th seed with 3 games left last season could expect to easily take the 7th seed.

This is the same problem as last year - they couldn't win on the road. It's sort of a transition year where most of their contracts are coming off at the end so I hope they are smart enough to make use of the roster for next year rather than pushing for a first round playoff exit.

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM

Whats the point of being better than mediocre if its not going to lead to a championship

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Most projected at highest the seventh seed. However, if you want a biased sample, most jazz fans were thinking fourth seed.

Still, vastly under performing expectations.

Idk man, There not bad but In the west I see 6-8 teams better.
Def better
LAL
LAC
OKC
Grizz
Nuggets
Spurs

Should be better
When Healthy
Dallas
Minny

Who I think could be better
GSW

ManRam
11-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Whats the point of being better than mediocre if its not going to lead to a championship

**** it! You're right! Everyone but like 7 teams should just give up and TANK!

MetroMan
Jazz isn't going to win the title?!?!

This is new to me

Hawkeye15

So any team that doesn't win it all is mediocre or worse? I suppose the Thunder were mediocre last year.

PacersForLife
Never really liked their roster. They have a few guys with decent potential, but that's about it.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 09:24 PM
so glad you are back and stealing my posts :p

:love:

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Was Denver mediocre last season? Did the Pistons have a star?

You aren't mediocre if you don't win it all. There is an in-between.

Pistons were a different team. Ben was a multiple DPOY with Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed all being very good players. They also had a HOF coaching the team.

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
**** it! You're right! Everyone but like 7 teams should just give up and TANK!

Honestly, thats what it looks like right now. Thats how the NBA is shaping up to be. Stars that join teams and try to win it all. Don't deny the truth that is right now.

Guppyfighter
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Honestly, thats what it looks like right now. Thats how the NBA is shaping up to be. Stars that join teams and try to win it all. Don't deny the truth that is right now.

It's impossible, because half of those teams would make the playoffs anyway. And you don't have to tank to be a contender, ask the Spurs. They consistently build good teams. In fact, most dominant 15 year stretch of any franchise ever.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 09:28 PM

Staying competitive is important for many franchises. Even if everyone but those 7 teams tanked, 9 more teams would make the playoffs anyways. Utah has the youthful talent where they don't need to just sell everything off and totally rebuild. Ultimately, the NBA is business. Winning matters a lot, but it's still a business.

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:28 PM
So any team that doesn't win it all is mediocre or worse? I suppose the Thunder were mediocre last year.

WTF are you saying?? They lost in the finals and were projected to compete the entire season. All I'm saying is that with how the league is structured, if you don't have a projected "compete for championship" team, its really hard to acknowledge them

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:30 PM
It's impossible, because half of those teams would make the playoffs anyway. And you don't have to tank to be a contender, ask the Spurs. They consistently build good teams. In fact, most dominant 15 year stretch of any franchise ever.

Because they've had the core of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli coached by a HOFer

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:31 PM
Staying competitive is important for many franchises. Even if everyone but those 7 teams tanked, 9 more teams would make the playoffs anyways. Utah has the youthful talent where they don't need to just sell everything off and totally rebuild. Ultimately, the NBA is business. Winning matters a lot, but it's still a business.

Utah is slowing their process by not giving Favors and Kanter more minutes. Al Jeff wont be given an extension and Milsap has been in trade conversations for two years now. They're just stuck in middle

greg_ory_2005
11-17-2012, 09:32 PM
They have a nice big man rotation, but the rest of the team is average at best. Although, Mo Will seems to be playing solid. I see them being 7th or 8th seed.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 09:34 PM
Utah is slowing their process by not giving Favors and Kanter more minutes. Al Jeff wont be given an extension and Milsap has been in trade conversations for two years now. They're just stuck in middle

I don't disagree necessarily. But you're still walking on a slippery slope here...

BH-Sports
11-17-2012, 09:35 PM
I don't disagree necessarily. But you're still walking on a slippery slope here...

Someone has to. They're playing heavy minutes on Mo, Marvin, Al, and Paul which limits the development of others. We all know the core of this team isn't going to win a championship. Do you not agree with that?

bigbeardaboss
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM

3-0 Home

Thoughts?

Sloan retired...

#knickstape
11-17-2012, 11:07 PM
They need Jerry Sloan