PDA

View Full Version : Players you would like to see on your team come the deadline?

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:05 PM
Knowing what players are on the block around the league: guys like Pau Gasol, Josh Smith, Amare Stoudamire lead me to believe we might have an interesting trade deadline this year.

What package could your team reasonably put together to get any of these guys?

Who would you like your team to acquire whou would you like your team to stay away from.

Personally I don't want the Mavs to make many moves that would hinder them in free agency this offseason.

So as just an NBA fan though I would like to see the league get a bit of a shakeup mid - season.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Kinda not pertinent to my team.

But I'd love to see as many of the following traded if possible: McBob, Harrington, Hedo, Redick, Glen Davis and maybe Jameer.

kyubi256
11-17-2012, 06:12 PM
If we can somehow pull of Pau Gasol, I'd be ecstatic. Or just having a healthy Amar'e who fits into the system is enough

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:13 PM

But I'd love to see as many of the following traded if possible: McBob, Harrington, Hedo, Redick, Glen Davis and maybe Jameer.

Lol wo does that even leave you with?

Aflalo, Nicholson, Maurice, and Vucevic?

KnickaBocka.44
11-17-2012, 06:14 PM
I'd love to see Amare come back with an improvement on defense and for the Knicks not to have to do anything.

Another interesting team to watch as far as the trade deadline IMO is going to be the Jazz and them dealing with their gluttony of big men. Millsap and Jefferson will both be FA's after the season so I think at least one of them will be moved also.

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2012, 06:16 PM
I am hoping Pau does NOT get traded. I'm not a Lakers fan, but they need Pau to do well. He is a perfect fit for that roster. I'm sure Howard is happy he finally has some help on the glass, and I'm sure Nash is going to appreciate having a big man that canhit jumpers.

The Pistons don't really have much to offer. So as a Piston's fan I don't have much of an expectation by the deadline. Also a Raptors fan and likewise have no expectation.

I've heard Utah has Millsap AND Jefferson on the block... I'm not sure why, those guys are a great pair in the front court, but I think ATL might want to bring one of them in and pair them with Horford. I'm guessing that ATL is going to trade Smith rather than potentially lose him for nothing in free agency.

I heard also that Anderson-V is on the block, but I can't believe this. He's playing so well. He would be a beast on the glass and on defence with Dwight, but like I said, I don't want to see LAL move Pau and I don't think the Cavs would even be interested in him.

I heard the Bucks are willing to shake things up with any number of players on their roster. There are some talented guys on that roster. I'd be curious to see where they go.

Obviously NY is likely entertaining offers on Amare, but I think they should hold onto him. Once he gets back he can start running the P&R with Felton like he used to before Melo came in. I think Woodson will be able to handle the spacing situations that some are concerned about. Besides, NY won't get any takers on Amare's contract.

I am hoping to see some movement, but I expect most teams will wait until recent free-agent signings are eligible for trade.

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:17 PM
How long do you have to wait before you can deal free agents?

ManRam
11-17-2012, 06:18 PM
Lol wo does that even leave you with?

Aflalo, Nicholson, Maurice, and Vucevic?

I don't care what it leaves us with :laugh: Tank city! I foresee a long and slow rebuilding process.

Those guys have no long term future on the team. Ship 'em all out!

KnickaBocka.44
11-17-2012, 06:18 PM
How long do you have to wait before you can deal free agents?

December 15th I believe

topdog
11-17-2012, 06:25 PM

A lot of Wolves fans would love to bring Reddick aboard. And not just because he's white either.

Baller1
11-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Varejao to OKC.

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Varejao to OKC.

for what?

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:32 PM
Varejao to OKC.

PJ + Lamb + Perk

for

Varejao + Miles/Gee

seems steep.

Dade County
11-17-2012, 06:34 PM
I would like to see Josh Smith traded to Denver.

Bynum traded to a contender.

DeMarcus Cousins traded to the bulls or Philadelphia... Those city fans, fit right along with Mr. Anger management.

Baller1
11-17-2012, 06:35 PM
PJ + Lamb + Perk

for

Varejao + Miles/Gee

seems steep.

I'd offer Perk, Lamb/PJ3 (one of them), and MAYBE Jackson only if we had to.

heyman321
11-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Lebron on Raptors

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Lebron on Raptors

If every citizen of Toronto paid an additional 5% of their yearly income they may in fact come up with a financial offer to lure the King towards the end of his career.

chitownredbulls
11-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings!!!

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 06:48 PM
Rudy Gay to the Sacramento Kings!!!

Can't see it with the way the Grizz are playing. I don't see a Granger move anymore either since the Pacers clearly need him,.

mdm692
11-17-2012, 06:49 PM
J-smoove, Millsap, Chandler to the Suns. Obviously not all but any of those would help.

mdm692
11-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh and Evan Fournier too.

LJEATON26
11-17-2012, 07:49 PM
I'd offer Perk, Lamb/PJ3 (one of them), and MAYBE Jackson only if we had to.

I want Varejao on the Thunder but I'd prefer to keep Lamb and deal PJ3. From a Cleveland standpoint imagine an Irving, Waiters, Perry Jones, Thompson, Zeller line up for the next 3+ years.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 08:17 PM
A lot of Wolves fans would love to bring Reddick aboard. And not just because he's white either.

Yep. I would trade Derrick Williams for Reddick in a heartbeat. Reddick on the floor with passers like Rubio and Shved? :drool:

ManRam
11-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Yep. I would trade Derrick Williams for Reddick in a heartbeat. Reddick on the floor with passers like Rubio and Shved? :drool:

I'd imagine Orlando would be open to that. I would at least. But who am I?

Redick has to be traded. We won't and absolutely shouldn't re-sign him. He'll get more money than a team at the bottom and rebuilding like us should be willing to spend.

I could see Magic fans say "But we have so many PFs already"...but we're rebuilding, and accumulating talent is really all that matters.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I'd imagine Orlando would be open to that. I would at least. But who am I?

Redick has to be traded. We won't and absolutely shouldn't re-sign him. He'll get more money than a team at the bottom and rebuilding like us should be willing to spend.

For sure. He is a complimentary player. And a team like the Wolves could use him badly at SG. He would be the 3-4th option at best behind Love, Pek, and Kirilenko, and his skill set would flourish there.

Williams, you would have on the cheap (relatively) for 2 full seasons, in which time he would have ample playing time, and a chance to develop, if he will.

Trust me, I wish some of the more intelligent people here were in fact in the front office's haha.

JeffG20
11-17-2012, 08:32 PM
like to see the Hornets get either Monta Ellis or Brandon Jennings from the bucks....maybe give them Gordon.

if not then Danny Granger for Gordon

mrblisterdundee
11-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Portland has a very productive starting five, but it needs bench support.
Mikael Pietrus seems like a good player to have coming off the bench. Portland could also make a move at Ben Wallace, move J.J. Hickson to the sixth man role and let Wallace teach Meyers Leonard. Ryan Gomes and Manny Harris could also add some much-needed depth.

Swashcuff
11-17-2012, 08:36 PM
Paul Millsap to the 76ers for Thad Young +

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2012, 08:43 PM
The ESPN trade machine is awesome! It'll let me trade Maggette Stuckey and Charlie-V for LBJ and Chris Bosh! lol

lvlheaded
11-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Id love to see Amar'e return to his old self. I think with Felton and Kidd on the floor the Knicks can make the Melo-Amar'e-Chandler thing work. Id even settle for putting Amar'e on the second unit with JR and Prigs.

Felton-Kidd-Brewer-Melo-Chandler

Prigs-JR-Novak-Amar'e-Thomas

Those are two very evenly balanced lineups. Could be a great thing for the Knicks

Jarvo
11-17-2012, 08:44 PM
I'm a huge fan of Monta Ellis but I really don't know if he'll fit on the Spurs.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm a huge fan of Monta Ellis but I really don't know if he'll fit on the Spurs.

Pops would murder him for not guarding anyone.

PacersForLife
11-17-2012, 08:49 PM
Can't see it with the way the Grizz are playing. I don't see a Granger move anymore either since the Pacers clearly need him,.

Idk after you look at last night's game against the Mavs. We changed the offense because the one before revolved around Danny. Without Danny it's obviously not gonna work. It was just one game though, so who knows.

JeffG20
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Eric Gordon for JJ redick and Aaron Afflalo

salaries match and it kills two positions of need. would put Aminu on the bench which is where i feel he would be best served at the moment.

Vasques
Reddick
Afflalo
Davis
Lopez

i could live with that

bigbeardaboss
11-17-2012, 09:40 PM
for the first time in 12 years, I like my Knicks just the way they are.