PDA

View Full Version : Five People You Would Put In the HOF

JasonJohnHorn
11-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Let's say the Naismith HOF brought you in, and on your first order of business you were allowed to induct five people into the HOF. Now, there have to be people who are already eligible (so no current players).

So what five people would you put in that you feel the HOF has overlooked? Could be players, or coaches, or officials from NBA, college, WNBA, international play or what ever. And if you want to choose a specific team (like the Harlem Globe Trotters and the original Dream Team are both in the HOF... if you want to throw another team in there as one of your selections you can do that). Male, female, official, coach, player, trainer, owner... whatever.

Who are you putting in?

I'm gonna stick with players myself:

Kevin Johnson deserves a spot.
Mitch Richmond
Mark Price
Larry Nance
Brad Daughtery

I was gonna go with Tim Hardway, but I think he'll get in eventually... these other guys I'm not sure about. Interesting side note, the 76ers actually owned the pick that landed Brad Daughtery... Barkley was EXTREMELY upset that they traded it away and wishes he had gotten to play with him in Philly.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Bobby Jones.
Alvin Robertson.
Walter Davis.
( If rodman is getting in out of defense, this three guys should definetly get in)
Marc Price.
( always been a big homer of him)
Bernard King.
( at his peak he was battling magic and bird for best and most amazing player in the league)

ManRam
11-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Sidney Moncrief
Kevin Johnson

I could come up with 3 more but they'd probably be stretches. I'm not particularly outraged that any current players that isn't in the HOF isn't in the HOF. I prefer more selectivity. No reason to water it down.

Chronz
11-17-2012, 06:33 PM
King, KJ, Alvin, Squid are all fine choices. I disagree on Mitch, not because hes not currently qualified but because I would love to raise the bar for the Hall.

Bramaca
11-17-2012, 06:37 PM
Bernard King, Mark Aguirre, Buck Williams, Maurice Cheeks, Bill Laimbeer. Those are a few that come to mind but as somebody else mentioned the hall would be more of an honor if it was a little more selective.

AnthonyTyrael
11-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Bernard King, Mark Aguirre, Buck Williams, Maurice Cheeks, Bill Laimbeer. Those are a few that come to mind but as somebody else mentioned the hall would be more of an honor if it was a little more selective.

Then we should renew the list of the 50 greatest players of all time. That's enough honor but is it objective too? It never can be from spot 1 to 50 if you're asking me.

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/hof_prob.html

It's interesting. This thread made me look at who hadn't got in, than I wandered to the sites hall indicator. Something slightly off base to me is that Chris Bosh is projected by their system at this point to be more likely headed to the hall than Vince Carter?

abe_froman
11-17-2012, 07:13 PM
king,kj,a.robertson,squid,sikma i guess

ClearSoulForce
11-17-2012, 07:27 PM

It's interesting. This thread made me look at who hadn't got in, than I wandered to the sites hall indicator. Something slightly off base to me is that Chris Bosh is projected by their system at this point to be more likely headed to the hall than Vince Carter?

According to them Duncan, Garnett and Dirk don't have 100% chance to make the HOF :laugh2:

ManRam
11-17-2012, 07:35 PM
According to them Duncan, Garnett and Dirk don't have 100% chance to make the HOF :laugh2:

Meh. It's stats, and that's how statistics and probability work. Nothing to criticize there. If they rounded up it's 100%.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 07:38 PM

They factor in NBA championships. That probably explains it. They're pretty similar besides that (7 AS games for Bosh compared to 8 for Vince, for example).

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Id like to see King get in, IVERSON as well :D

AnthonyTyrael
11-17-2012, 07:56 PM
They factor in NBA championships. That probably explains it. They're pretty similar besides that (7 AS games for Bosh compared to 8 for Vince, for example).

That's what I have guessed too. Championships and perhaps winning records or something like share.

PrettyBoyJ
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
Bernard King has to be the biggest Snub.. Idk how Reggie Miller got in when King at his peak was better then Miller throughout his whole career

yaswaggin
11-17-2012, 07:58 PM
Mike James, scalabrine, hasheem thabeet, jimmer fredette, and Adam Morrison

Hellcrooner
11-17-2012, 08:12 PM
on another note, since every year there is some international player wich gets in for their fiba/euroleague career ( Meneghin, Dalipaglic, Maciel etc)

its long time overdue that this dudes should be in:

Oscar Schmidt
Nikos Gallis
Juan Antonio san Epifanio " Epi".

JordansBulls
11-17-2012, 08:35 PM
Let's say the Naismith HOF brought you in, and on your first order of business you were allowed to induct five people into the HOF. Now, there have to be people who are already eligible (so no current players).

So what five people would you put in that you feel the HOF has overlooked? Could be players, or coaches, or officials from NBA, college, WNBA, international play or what ever. And if you want to choose a specific team (like the Harlem Globe Trotters and the original Dream Team are both in the HOF... if you want to throw another team in there as one of your selections you can do that). Male, female, official, coach, player, trainer, owner... whatever.

Who are you putting in?

I'm gonna stick with players myself:

Kevin Johnson deserves a spot.
Mitch Richmond
Mark Price
Larry Nance
Brad Daughtery

I was gonna go with Tim Hardway, but I think he'll get in eventually... these other guys I'm not sure about. Interesting side note, the 76ers actually owned the pick that landed Brad Daughtery... Barkley was EXTREMELY upset that they traded it away and wishes he had gotten to play with him in Philly.
Remove Nance and put in both Penny and Tim Hardaway and it is a good list, also Shawn Kemp.

Hellcrooner
11-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Remove Nance and put in both Penny and Tim Hardaway and it is a good list, also Shawn Kemp.

:no:

tapajafri
11-17-2012, 08:46 PM
Chris Webber would have a pretty good chance at landing a spot if the refs hadn't stolen a ring and a world title from him. How he's just one of those "on the fence" players that might not get in because he "couldn't lead his team to a championship."

But in reality, he did. The refs stole more than just a title from the Kings in 2002. They may have stolen a hall of fame spot for a very deserving player.

N3TS
11-18-2012, 12:30 AM
Gary Payton, Vlade Divac, Bernard King, Kevin Johnson and Mitch Richmond.

Jarvo
11-18-2012, 08:04 AM
Mike James, scalabrine, hasheem thabeet, jimmer fredette, and Adam Morrison

:worthy:

Jarvo
11-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Allen Iverson.

You can add the other four.

eugene
11-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Iverson :D

KnicksorBust
11-18-2012, 11:46 AM
I like Crooner's pick of Bobby Jones. Other than that I'll backup the people that picked Kevin Johnson and Sidney Moncrief.

SLY WILLIAMS
11-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Bernard King and KJ would be my top 2.

Bobby Jones is an interesting choice. He should be in the discussion even if he did not make it.

Munkeysuit
11-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Bernard King, Dennis Johnson, Ron Harper, AC Green, KJ

SLY WILLIAMS
11-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Bernard King, Dennis Johnson, Ron Harper, AC Green, KJ

I think Dennis Johnson is in the hall of fame.

Lake_Show2416
11-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Nash
Kobe
Metta
Pau
Dwight

Hellcrooner
11-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Nash
Kobe
Metta