PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Smith Calls Jarryd Bayless a "Fake Tuff Guy"

topdog
11-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Via Twitter following the "skirmish" they got into during the second quarter of last night's game:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/jr_smith_says_grizzlies_jerryd_bayliss_is_a_fake_t ough_guy_with_a_little_mans_complex/12235087

It looks like Bayless was hanging on Smith who throws a blatant elbow at his face. Neither was ejected. What punishment do you think will/should follow?

Max.This
11-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Nothing, the only thing thats going to happen is the league saying that flagrant charged to J.R on a different play was not a flagrant

SteBO
11-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Haha JR is one to talk. Something about Jarryd Bayless admittedly rubs me the wrong way as well. In saying that, I don't think any punishment comes from this nor should there be any. It was just a skirmish that happens in the heat of competition. I would hope the NBA hasn't gotten so soft to the point that do anything about this. That includes fines too....

Blitzbolt
11-17-2012, 04:49 PM
RWallace and JR try to pick up fights with bayless and Rudy Gay but did nothing when Tony Allen and ZBO guard them I wonder why.

FGS!!

BigBlueCrew
11-17-2012, 04:49 PM
haha :clap:

KnicksorBust
11-17-2012, 04:52 PM
JR Smith is just trying to compensate for the fact that everybody saw Bayless push him and he didn't do anything. Smith wants to keep his "tough guy" cred because I would bet if Sheed pushed Zach Randolph like that, Randolph probably swings.

For the record, I'm happy that Smith did nothing.

RLundi
11-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Non-issue.

Blitzbolt
11-17-2012, 04:56 PM
JR Smith is just trying to compensate for the fact that everybody saw Bayless push him and he didn't do anything. Smith wants to keep his "tough guy" cred because I would bet if Sheed pushed Zach Randolph like that, Randolph probably swings.

For the record, I'm happy that Smith did nothing.

He Elbow Bayless and give Allen a hard foul so he did do something.JR is crazy one of this days a player is gonna beat him.

mzgrizz
Via Twitter following the "skirmish" they got into during the second quarter of last night's game:

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/jr_smith_says_grizzlies_jerryd_bayliss_is_a_fake_t ough_guy_with_a_little_mans_complex/12235087

It looks like Bayless was hanging on Smith who throws a blatant elbow at his face. Neither was ejected. What punishment do you think will/should follow?

From one little man to another :laugh:

ManRam
He might be a "fake tough guy", but JR is just flat out dirty at times. Not sure which is worse. Pot basically calling the kettle black here.

His actions in last night's game were far more flagrant IMO. Jarryd reacted with natural instincts. A shove isn't a big deal. An elbow is. Hubie had Jarryd's back, how can you disagree with Hubie?!?

mavwar53
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
The only issue I have is that the OP spell tough, "tuff"

Sad.

mzgrizz
11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
Haha JR is one to talk. Something about Jarryd Bayless admittedly rubs me the wrong way as well. In saying that, I don't think any punishment comes from this nor should there be any. It was just a skirmish that happens in the heat of competition. I would hope the NBA hasn't gotten so soft to the point that do anything about this. That includes fines too....

:clap::clap::clap:

Ebbs
11-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Lol JR is one of the harder players to like

topdog
11-17-2012, 05:05 PM

Sad.

I'm quoting Smith :facepalm: Hence the "[his words go here]"

Kashmir13579
11-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Lol JR is one of the harder players to like

Very true. He is winning me round though.

topdog
11-17-2012, 05:14 PM
What is with the picture too? Seems really douchy to me.

Blitzbolt
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-vCh0oN8SBQ

So he Elbows Bayless and then gets mad about it??

THE GIPPER
11-17-2012, 05:29 PM
It seems like theres a lot of "fake tuff guys" in the NBA

KnickaBocka.44
11-17-2012, 05:29 PM
He elbowed bayless in the chest, not the face. Even then, it looked like he was trying to seal him off and beat him back door after they were both off balance.

These kind of elbows happen all the time. I played with/against Bayless back in high school and I can atest to the fact that he has a seriously inflated ego and if it weren't for that then there probably wouldn't have even been a stoppage in play.

NYYCowboys
11-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Yung money athletes represent

topdog
11-17-2012, 05:36 PM
He elbowed bayless in the chest, not the face. Even then, it looked like he was trying to seal him off and beat him back door after they were both off balance.

These kind of elbows happen all the time. I played with/against Bayless back in high school and I can atest to the fact that he has a seriously inflated ego and if it weren't for that then there probably wouldn't have even been a stoppage in play.

Then why did Smith post what I assume to be a mocking photo with a bandage under his eye?

Plus, the elbow was after the whistle because Bayless had been hanging on Smith and got called for it.

STAT1
11-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Bayless is a fake tuff guy. Confirmed.

Greedy22
11-17-2012, 05:43 PM
JR Smith is a thug, non-issue.

KnickaBocka.44
11-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Then why did Smith post what I assume to be a mocking photo with a bandage under his eye?

Plus, the elbow was after the whistle because Bayless had been hanging on Smith and got called for it.

Don't think about it too much. J.R. Smith got a cut/scratch on his face during the game.

IDunknown
11-17-2012, 05:49 PM

That incident happened because of how the refs called the game.Look at 1:09,Bayless was hanging on his arm right in front of the ref.You can't even do that in the NFL.JR made a good block attempt on that flagrant call too,nothing crazy about that.

KnickaBocka.44
11-17-2012, 05:51 PM
That incident happened because of how the refs called the game.Look at 1:09,Bayless was hanging on his arm right in front of the ref.You can't even do that in the NFL.JR made a good block attempt on that flagrant call too,nothing crazy about that.

Also, this. J.R. was just trying to make a play. It was a hard foul, but he was just going hard trying to make an energy play to get some momentum back in their favor. In no way was it flagrant.

D-Leethal
11-17-2012, 06:51 PM
JR has been beasting on teams and plays with a ton of heart and energy on both ends. How is that hard to like?

AndyfromNeptune
11-17-2012, 07:01 PM
JR Smith is my favorite player.

In no way is he a thug...he just brings incredible energy and intensity to the game.

BHF
11-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Bayless stands up for himself and he is a fake? and this is coming from the biggest fake tough guys in the league LOL

meloman1592
11-17-2012, 07:22 PM
RWallace and JR try to pick up fights with bayless and Rudy Gay but did nothing when Tony Allen and ZBO guard them I wonder why.

FGS!!

Maybe because they didn't do anything dirty? :facepalm:

He Elbow Bayless and give Allen a hard foul so he did do something.JR is crazy one of this days a player is gonna beat him.

oh please

ClearSoulForce
11-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Smith is soft and one of the fakest "thugs" in the league...

Knicks21
11-17-2012, 07:28 PM

Holding the Jersey is un sports man like, if someone was doing it to me in a game I would be pissed too. Its not part of the game.

IDunknown
11-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Holding the Jersey is un sports man like, if someone was doing it to me in a game I would be pissed too. Its not part of the game.

The ref was really late on that foul call,so that's what happens.He held him from the baseline ,up the sideline,to the top of the key.The whistle didn't even come until JR broke free so that he could throw the elbow.

noodle
11-17-2012, 07:39 PM

FGS!!

Memphis is soft son. You probably are too.

heusy_79
11-17-2012, 08:03 PM
So the guy who threw the dirty elbow and then hid behind Sheed is calling someone else a "fake tough guy" . I guess it's better to be a fake tough guy than a real coward.

IDunknown
11-17-2012, 09:02 PM
So the guy who threw the dirty elbow and then hid behind Sheed is calling someone else a "fake tough guy" . I guess it's better to be a fake tough guy than a real coward.

JR wasn't even trying to start a fight though, that's why he had the "why u mad though?" reaction.Bayless was being physical,then when JR did it back he got angry.

topdog
11-17-2012, 09:14 PM

But throwing elbows after the whistle is?

I also have to agree with people saying Smith is the "fake tough guy." While I advocate players being smart and getting out of a situation that escalating, you don't run off and then come at a guy like he's soft especially via the internet.

ccg34
11-17-2012, 09:20 PM
Didn't little Nate Robinson beat up JR when he played on the Knicks? LOL

Avenged
11-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Cheap shot by Smith, Bayless reacted... which means Bayless is fake? :rolleyes:

why didn't Bayless just let Smith push him around so he can be real :eyebrow:

MetroMan
11-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Didn't little Nate Robinson beat up JR when he played on the Knicks? LOL

He son'd Carmelo

FriedTofuz
11-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I've witness bayless in toronto, Let me make this clear, he isnt a fake tough guy. that guy wont back down and he plays with heart. Only thing that sucks with him is he was so turnover prone. Jr smith is a fake tough guy. Man has too many tats, like what the **** are you doing

FriedTofuz
11-17-2012, 10:36 PM
its also funny how jr subtweets after the game, lmfao

Raps08-09 Champ
11-17-2012, 10:47 PM
JR elbows Bayless because he tumbled from the screen and JR is saying Bayless is a fake tough guy.

#knickstape
11-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Bayless looks like a ******

IDunknown
11-17-2012, 11:09 PM
JR elbows Bayless because he tumbled from the screen and JR is saying Bayless is a fake tough guy.

You and Hubie Brown are wrong,that's not what happened.

KnicksTape
11-17-2012, 11:15 PM
Don't think about it too much. J.R. Smith got a cut/scratch on his face during the game.

He must of not watched the game. Just making assumptions.

Knicks21
11-17-2012, 11:16 PM
But throwing elbows after the whistle is?

I also have to agree with people saying Smith is the "fake tough guy." While I advocate players being smart and getting out of a situation that escalating, you don't run off and then come at a guy like he's soft especially via the internet.

If the guy is holding your jersey through a screen he deserves to get smacked. It is honestly the biggest pet peeve whilst playing.

Its funny though because Kevin Durant said the same thing about Bosh yet it got no where near as much attention.

KnicksTape
11-17-2012, 11:18 PM
I've witness bayless in toronto, Let me make this clear, he isnt a fake tough guy. that guy wont back down and he plays with heart. Only thing that sucks with him is he was so turnover prone. Jr smith is a fake tough guy. Man has too many tats, like what the **** are you doing

Too many tats? That makes someone "fake". Why are you worrying about what a grown *** man does with his body. :confused:

Knicks21
11-17-2012, 11:19 PM
I dont get where some of you come off by saying JR is the fake tough guy...

I mean cmon have you been following this guy at any point throughout his career?

Jr respects Wallace hence why he didnt retaliate, some of you are just trying to make something out of nothing.

Knicks21
11-17-2012, 11:22 PM

ManRam
11-17-2012, 11:27 PM
JR isn't "fake tough".

He's just a ***** :shrug:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
You and Hubie Brown are wrong,that's not what happened.

I have eyes. Just because you believe in your own lies doesn't mean it's fact.

Bayless lost balance and JR was moved along with Bayless due to momentum. JR swung (with force) because he's an idiot. Bayless retaliates.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-17-2012, 11:31 PM
If the guy is holding your jersey through a screen he deserves to get smacked. It is honestly the biggest pet peeve whilst playing.

Its funny though because Kevin Durant said the same thing about Bosh yet it got no where near as much attention.

I hate people who talk with their mouths full. I guess I can go punching babies and old people whenever the **** I go out to a restaurant. :rolleyes:

Raps08-09 Champ
11-17-2012, 11:33 PM
JR has been beasting on teams and plays with a ton of heart and energy on both ends. How is that hard to like?

Same reason why people don't like Kobe, Lebron, Wade, etc.

ManRam
11-17-2012, 11:34 PM

Knicks fans!!!

Logic: if you're fouling someone, that person being fouled has the right to elbow you near your head!

Max.This
11-17-2012, 11:44 PM
stop generalizing. Not every person has the same skin color, personality, facial features, like and dislikes. If thats the case why do people assume one opinion represents the rest of the other fans

mzgrizz
11-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Interesting not many Nuggs fans weighing in. They would know best whether JR is a real tough guy or just plain crazy. I thought his rep there was more of the latter. I actually said before the altercation that JR was going to go off because he had messed up the play before. Doubt JR would have picked on TA. That would have been too even.

IDunknown
11-17-2012, 11:53 PM
I have eyes. Just because you believe in your own lies doesn't mean it's fact.

Bayless lost balance and JR was moved along with Bayless due to momentum. JR swung (with force) because he's an idiot. Bayless retaliates.

So you're saying that he wasn't grabbing him?I'm not saying JR was right to do that, I'm just saying why he did it.

MrfadeawayJB
11-18-2012, 12:01 AM
just cause your tatted up doesnt mean your tough JR :laugh:

KnicksTape
11-18-2012, 12:10 AM
just cause your tatted up doesnt mean your tough JR :laugh:

I laugh at your grammar.

topdog
11-18-2012, 12:10 AM

Because Kevin Durant didn't elbow anybody, duh!

So "pet peeves" deserve an elbow to the face. My pet peeves are irrational homers and people who think violence in sports is okay. Can I get your address so I can come elbow you ;)

[Of course, I'm not serious. I'm not an "internet tough guy." I'm just making a point]

KnickaBocka.44
11-18-2012, 12:12 AM
I played with/against Bayless back in high school. He has a serious attitude problem and I would consider him a fake tough guy.

MrfadeawayJB
11-18-2012, 12:24 AM
I laugh at your grammar.

I laugh at the fact that you have nothing better to do than laugh at my grammar

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 12:49 AM
Knicks fans!!!

Logic: if you're fouling someone, that person being fouled has the right to elbow you near your head!

He elbowed him in the chest, not near the head. But its sounds nicer to you to say near the head, rather than directly in the chest. Yes if someone is holding you for like 30 seconds grabbing you over a screen, and the refs aren't calling it it is not the worst thing in the world if you elbow your guy off.

You must never have played ball a day in your life. I have a friend, 6-7, gets hit/grabbed all the time, you do that **** enough times and an elbow is coming your way. I play ball all the time, people get too physical with the grabbing get elbowed. Now this isn't in all games, I personally ****ing hate hacks and myself try my hardest not to hack, but sometimes you get a group of guys that can't play D and do nothing but hack and when you're getting grabbed all game you get frustrated and angry and an elbow or two might fly.

The fact is Bayless overacted to nothing, because he is a fake tough guy. He wanted to puff he chest out so all his friends would think he's cool.

Melo got hit in the face/head (not in the chest or as you refer to the "near the head") all game, didn't get a single foul call for it. Had Melo reacted to those fouls relative to the way Bayless reacted to the elbow, Randolph's skull would be split in two and his face spread across the pavement.

ManRam
11-18-2012, 12:51 AM
He elbowed him in the chest, not near the head. But its sounds nicer to you to say near the head, rather than directly in the chest. Yes if someone is holding you for like 30 seconds grabbing you over a screen, and the refs aren't calling it it is not the worst thing in the world if you elbow your guy off.

You must never have played ball a day in your life. I have a friend, 6-7, gets hit/grabbed all the time, you do that **** enough times and an elbow is coming your way. I play ball all the time, people get too physical with the grabbing get elbowed. Now this isn't in all games, I personally ****ing hate hacks and myself try my hardest not to hack, but sometimes you get a group of guys that can't play D and do nothing but hack and when you're getting grabbed all game you get frustrated and angry and an elbow or two might fly.

The fact is Bayless overacted to nothing, because he is a fake tough guy. He wanted to puff he chest out so all his friends would think he's cool.

Melo got hit in the face/head (not in the chest or as you refer to the "near the head") all game, didn't get a single foul call for it. Had Melo reacted to those fouls relative to the way Bayless reacted to the elbow, Randolph's skull would be split in two and his face spread across the pavement.

I stopped reading after you clarified that it was the chest, and not the head. It don't mater. "Near the head" or "in the chest", it don't matter. Total ***** move either way. It doesn't ****ing matter. Dirty play by a player that has a history of being a dirty player. How Bayless reacted was 100% natural and nonpunishable. Moving on....

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 12:59 AM
Because Kevin Durant didn't elbow anybody, duh!

So "pet peeves" deserve an elbow to the face. My pet peeves are irrational homers and people who think violence in sports is okay. Can I get your address so I can come elbow you ;)

[Of course, I'm not serious. I'm not an "internet tough guy." I'm just making a point]

My pet peeves include morons you don't know what they are talking about. Jr got scratched during the game (someone hit him in the face resulting in a scratch) and got a bandage on that area so as to cover up said area, not to mock anyone. Jr elbowed him in the chest or let me rephrase reverse-Knick hater style that, he lightly pushed Bayless in the the upper troso so Bayless would cease his powerful hip grabbing.

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 01:29 AM
I stopped reading after you clarified that it was the chest, and not the head. It don't mater. "Near the head" or "in the chest", it don't matter. Total ***** move either way. It doesn't ****ing matter. Dirty play by a player that has a history of being a dirty player. How Bayless reacted was 100% natural and nonpunishable. Moving on....

Oh I can assure you read everything. Every single word. You just can't respond because you're wrong plain and simple.

Like I said you have never played basketball a day in your life and know absolutely nothing about the sport if you think an elbow to the chest warrants Bayless's reaction than you believe all out brawls should break out every other game, because I can assure you elbows are thrown every single game. Only fake tough guys react that way.

If "near the head" and "chest" don't matter, than why did you use near the head instead of chest. I'll tell you why, to make it seem worse than it is. Because you and I both know that an elbow to the face is worse than an elbow to the chest. Get hit in the face you could get a broken nose, lose teeth, get your eye seriously damaged, hell almost definitely getting a busted lip. Get hit in the chest (where many players have some sort of padding) and you get a um....... a bruise maybe, which I don't even think Bayless got. A shot to the face is also more likely to be calculated than reactionary. So no an elbow to the face is not the same as an elbow to the chest but of course you knew that which is why you wrote "near the face" in the first place you just needed an excuse to ignore the rest of what I wrote.

Logical person: A hit to different parts of the body, depending on their vulnerability and differing amounts of pain resulting from hits to those parts, elicits different responses depending on which part of the body is being hit.

Hit to face and balls =/= hit to chest.

Jr is dirty huh, really never heard that one before. Seriously had no idea he had that rep. Can you tell me of one other dirty play Jr had? Perhaps one discussed by this forum, any forum anywhere on the internet. Maybe even a comment about any other dirty Jr play ever from you. Any videos. I actually decided to search "Jr Smith dirty" on youtube, google, nothing. Everyone other player with a dirty track rep has something come up. Jr Smith nothing. Ziltch.

NBA's dirtiest player poll by players: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1204/nba.dirtiest.player/content.15.html

Knicks21
11-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Knicks fans!!!

Jesus.

Its really hard to get through to some of you.

Im just saying from personal experience, its un sports man like behaviour to hold jerseys and it really pisses some people off, understandably.

97NYer
11-18-2012, 01:33 AM

Sad.

JR tweeted saying "tuff" as opposed to tough

FriedTofuz
11-18-2012, 01:34 AM
knicks fans stop being so ****ing biased. Just because jr is on your team doesnt mean you need to suck up and act like he was right about waht he said. Let me just say, I've watched bayless and just his level of compeat and ability to not back down is an example of the kind of person he is. He isnt a fake tough guy. If you want to know of a fake tough guy, chris bosh. And No, im not saying that because he left, he was noticably soft and tried to be aggresive to make points only to look like he was big. trust me. Bayless is no soft *****. but in all seriousness, the only, or main thug in the nba is kenyon martin, not JR. K mart would shoot you dead if you started **** with him.

GodsSon
11-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Bayless stands up for himself and he is a fake? and this is coming from the biggest fake tough guys in the league LOL

Pretty much this.

I don't get how Bayless' actions make him a "fake tough guy". If he did nothing back then he'd be labeled as soft, no?

Knicks21
11-18-2012, 01:38 AM
It is clearly evident some of you have never played in a situation where this has happened.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-18-2012, 01:55 AM
It is clearly evident some of you have never played in a situation where this has happened.

We don't need to play in a situation like this to use common sense.

Bayless accidentally fouls JR. JR elbows him because he's an idiot. Bayless pushes out of retaliation.

That's all the facts we need.

Knicks21
11-18-2012, 01:56 AM
We don't need to play in a situation like this to use common sense.

Bayless accidentally fouls JR. JR elbows him because he's an idiot. Bayless pushes out of retaliation.

That's all the facts we need.

Not even close.

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 02:00 AM
Not even close.

Wait you're telling me Bayless grabbing chest and back as he runs over a screen isn't an accident. Look at the video at 48 seconds, Jr is being grabbed chest one hand back other hands as he is running .

Knicks21
11-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Wait you're telling me Bayless grabbing chest and back as he runs over a screen isn't an accident. Look at the video at 48 seconds, Jr is being grabbed chest one hand back other hands as he is running .

Thats what I'm saying.

IDunknown
11-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Pretty much this.

I don't get how Bayless' actions make him a "fake tough guy". If he did nothing back then he'd be labeled as soft, no?

Bayless was playing rough so JR said "you wanna play rough,ok",but then he didn't want to play rough.He wanted to fight.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Bayless was playing rough so JR said "you wanna play rough,ok",but then he didn't want to play rough.He wanted to fight.

So JR wanted to fight but JR walked away from the "fake tough guy"?

Raps08-09 Champ
11-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Not even close.

Too bad you're wrong. Just because you have poor sense of judgement and can't see it doesn't mean it wasn't an accident.

IDunknown
11-18-2012, 02:11 AM
So JR wanted to fight but JR walked away from the "fake tough guy"?

No JR didn't want to fight,Bayless did.

Knicks21
11-18-2012, 02:14 AM
Too bad you're wrong. Just because you have poor sense of judgement and can't see it doesn't mean it wasn't an accident.

Lol.

Its just my opinion and personal experience, but now i am a blind according to you haha.

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 02:19 AM

Explain to me please, how the GRAB on two sides was an accident. You are the first person I've seen actually call the grab an accident. The grab occurred before/as Jr was getting over Sheed's screen for him. 46-49 secs in the vid.

topdog
11-18-2012, 02:22 AM
My pet peeves include morons you don't know what they are talking about. Jr got scratched during the game (someone hit him in the face resulting in a scratch) and got a bandage on that area so as to cover up said area, not to mock anyone. Jr elbowed him in the chest or let me rephrase reverse-Knick hater style that, he lightly pushed Bayless in the the upper troso so Bayless would cease his powerful hip grabbing.

1. I didn't see the game and was curious because the picture of Smith with the band-aid was included with the article and video and quite frankly I don't get the point of it otherwise. That's what we call a "boo-boo."

2. Only homers use the term "hater." Fact.

3. I don't care where the elbow landed - it obviously was intentional and has no place.

4. You certainly don't elbow somebody, run away and then talk about the other guy being a "fake tuff guy" with grammar that suggests you've taken a few too many beatings.

IDunknown
11-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Explain to me please, how the GRAB on two sides was an accident. You are the first person I've seen actually call the grab an accident. The grab occurred before/as Jr was getting over Sheed's screen for him. 46-49 secs in the vid.

It happened before that.If you go to 1:09 in this clip you will see that Felton is about to set a screen for JR, Bayless grabs him there and doesn't let go.It's the refs fault that happened.

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 02:38 AM
1. I didn't see the game and was curious because the picture of Smith with the band-aid was included with the article and video and quite frankly I don't get the point of it otherwise. That's what we call a "boo-boo."

Boo boo or not that's what happens to boo boos you get a bandage, especially if the boo boo is on your face.

2. Only homers use the term "hater." Fact.

Hater refers to someone who hates something irrationally. I know you hate or at least dislike the Knicks based on your overall commentary about the team. Making up facts about an incident in order to make a player look worse is something a "hater" would do. You would side with Bayless if the situation was completely reversed.

3. I don't care where the elbow landed - it obviously was intentional and has no place.

Good the grab was intentional and has no place. You don't care where the elbow landed, because it didn't land in Bayless's face which is why you wrote elbowed in the face in your OP and not simply elbowed. Most people would agree and elbow to the face is significantly worse than an elbow to the chest for the reasons I mentioned in a previous response to ManRam.

4. You certainly don't elbow somebody, run away and then talk about the other guy being a "fake tuff guy" with grammar that suggests you've taken a few too many beatings

You elbow someone in retaliation to them blatantly grabbing you and the refs doing nothing about it. When the grabber severely overreacts to your elbow and tries to puff out his chest you respond like a grown mature man getting paid to do his job (which is playing basketball) not risk a suspension and walk away.

knicksfan42
11-18-2012, 02:41 AM

It happened before that.If you go to 1:09 in this clip you will see that Felton is about to set a screen for JR, Bayless grabs him there and doesn't let go.It's the refs fault that happened.

You're right and Bayless actually grabs his hand with both hands. So Bayless was holding Jr's hand with both of his hands across two screens. Jr frustrated elbows Bayless with the hand Bayless was grabbing.

John Walls Era
11-18-2012, 03:08 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if he actually didn't know how to spell "Tough".

Calling someone out to the media is one thing, but only a little man calls someone out on Twitter. Hes a good player, talented, but hes a bit over emotional here.

IDunknown
11-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if he actually didn't know how to spell "Tough".

Calling someone out to the media is one thing, but only a little man calls someone out on Twitter. Hes a good player, talented, but hes a bit over emotional here.

You mean it would be ok if he said that to a reporter,but not on twitter?:facepalm:
sig material

topdog
11-18-2012, 03:37 AM
Boo boo or not that's what happens to boo boos you get a bandage, especially if the boo boo is on your face.

Why post a picture though? The only time I've ever thought to take a picture of a cut is when I got 7 stitches in my hand. It was curious to say the least. And it's not "especially." That's probably one of the least likely places someone is going to wear a bandage for a small cut.

Hater refers to someone who hates something irrationally. I know you hate or at least dislike the Knicks based on your overall commentary about the team. Making up facts about an incident in order to make a player look worse is something a "hater" would do. You would side with Bayless if the situation was completely reversed.

Ummm... nope. From my viewing, I thought Bayless got elbowed in the face. It's not abundantly clear so I'm not going to argue where the elbow landed. Further, I made sure to mention that Bayless had been grabbing onto Smith. I am not a fan of either team, just like I wasn't a fan of either the Thunder nor the Lakers, but still took issue with Artest's elbow to Harden. Some of you New York posts act like such friggin' victims! I couldn't care less what the Knicks do or don't do. I am simply a basketball fan.

Good the grab was intentional and has no place. You don't care where the elbow landed, because it didn't land in Bayless's face which is why you wrote elbowed in the face in your OP and not simply elbowed. Most people would agree and elbow to the face is significantly worse than an elbow to the chest for the reasons I mentioned in a previous response to ManRam.

As covered above, it seemed like the elbow was to the face, but that is not fundamental to my stance that the elbow was intentional and uncalled for. See, I can concede parts of an argument (even if I don't believe your stance to be true) because the point stands in the end that Smith is the "fake tough guy." See below.

You elbow someone in retaliation to them blatantly grabbing you and the refs doing nothing about it. When the grabber severely overreacts to your elbow and tries to puff out his chest you respond like a grown mature man getting paid to do his job (which is playing basketball) not risk a suspension and walk away.

So, an elbow is fine, but pushing someone is "severely overreact[ing]?" Where was this "grown mature" J.R. Smith five seconds earlier? Throwing elbows is itself a risk for penalty. Finally, why tweet about it? Again, you can't walk away from a fight, and then call the other guy a "fake tough guy" when you've instigated the response.

Smith is looking right away too for someone to come save him so he can say, "Hold me back! Hold me back! Yeah, you're lucky he's holding me back."

HeaTxRipZz
11-18-2012, 03:43 AM
Why post a picture though? The only time I've ever thought to take a picture of a cut is when I got 7 stitches in my hand. It was curious to say the least. And it's not "especially." That's probably one of the least likely places someone is going to wear a bandage for a small cut.

Ummm... nope. From my viewing, I thought Bayless got elbowed in the face. It's not abundantly clear so I'm not going to argue where the elbow landed. Further, I made sure to mention that Bayless had been grabbing onto Smith. I am not a fan of either team, just like I wasn't a fan of either the Thunder nor the Lakers, but still took issue with Artest's elbow to Harden. Some of you New York posts act like such friggin' victims! I couldn't care less what the Knicks do or don't do. I am simply a basketball fan.

As covered above, it seemed like the elbow was to the face, but that is not fundamental to my stance that the elbow was intentional and uncalled for. See, I can concede parts of an argument (even if I don't believe your stance to be true) because the point stands in the end that Smith is the "fake tough guy." See below.

So, an elbow is fine, but pushing someone is "severely overreact[ing]?" Where was this "grown mature" J.R. Smith five seconds earlier? Throwing elbows is itself a risk for penalty. Finally, why tweet about it? Again, you can't walk away from a fight, and then call the other guy a "fake tough guy" when you've instigated the response.

Smith is looking right away too for someone to come save him so he can say, "Hold me back! Hold me back! Yeah, you're lucky he's holding me back."

Okay for one he didn't post the picture at the same time that he addressed this situation on twitter. 2 totally different times of the day that he posted the pic and said something regarding bayless.

Secondly how can people here sit here and call someone a fake tough guy when you don't even know these players. You see them in games and during interviews but y'all don't know them so please stop acting like it. You have a certain way you handle yourself in the streets and when you are in situations like this.

John Walls Era
11-18-2012, 04:26 AM
You mean it would be ok if he said that to a reporter,but not on twitter?:facepalm:
sig material

Yup, thats exactly what i said. Using twitter to call fellow players out is what a little man does. Sig Material? Am I suppose to care? You can't even comprehend sentences. You have bigger issues at hand.

topdog
11-18-2012, 04:35 AM
Okay for one he didn't post the picture at the same time that he addressed this situation on twitter. 2 totally different times of the day that he posted the pic and said something regarding bayless.

Secondly how can people here sit here and call someone a fake tough guy when you don't even know these players. You see them in games and during interviews but y'all don't know them so please stop acting like it. You have a certain way you handle yourself in the streets and when you are in situations like this.

1. I commented on the photo because, as I stated, it accompanied the article. Again, I don't get the point of the picture in any instance. I guess people really do have nothing to do on twitter but waste time.

2. We can call someone a "fake tough guy" because he brought it up. We have just as much right as J.R. Smith does to refer to Jerryd Bayless as such.

3. Yeah, everybody's "hard" out on the streets. Matter of fact, most of the "OG"s on the streets are a bunch of fake tough guys who need guns and homies to back their sorry ***** up.

4. There is a way you handle yourself in these types of situations and it certainly does not look like this: elbow the opposing player blatantly, back-pedal away when he responds, talk trash about him to people who are on your jock on twitter.

kbtwofour
11-18-2012, 04:39 AM
JR Smith should look in the mirror if he wants to see a "fake tuff guy."

HeaTxRipZz
11-18-2012, 04:40 AM
1. I commented on the photo because, as I stated, it accompanied the article. Again, I don't get the point of the picture in any instance. I guess people really do have nothing to do on twitter but waste time.

2. We can call someone a "fake tough guy" because he brought it up. We have just as much right as J.R. Smith does to refer to Jerryd Bayless as such.

3. Yeah, everybody's "hard" out on the streets. Matter of fact, most of the "OG"s on the streets are a bunch of fake tough guys who need guns and homies to back their sorry ***** up.

4. There is a way you handle yourself in these types of situations and it certainly does not look like this: elbow the opposing player blatantly, back-pedal away when he responds, talk trash about him to people who are on your jock on twitter.

So let me ask you this should he have swung on him and caught a suspension and fine to prove to you guys that he was a tough guy? You can't play both sides of the fence dude.

HeaTxRipZz
11-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Yup, thats exactly what i said. Using twitter to call fellow players out is what a little man does. Sig Material? Am I suppose to care? You can't even comprehend sentences. You have bigger issues at hand.

Is there some type of board or committee who comes up with the rules of what to do and what not to do? Honest question. I'm not trying to choose sides but some responses on here are laughable. Everyone has their own way of handling things, that doesn't mean any way that isn't the way you would is wrong

Jesse2272
11-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Thug life baby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ2-prX6uYg

sagemania
11-18-2012, 10:56 AM
no there is only one fake tough guy and thats KG. Running away from Zaza Pachulia was when it all got exposed for KG.

OldSchool
11-18-2012, 12:26 PM
This is going to be a good game when they come back to MSG. A lot of animosity between the teams. I hope we have this attitude when we play our division rivals.

Blitzbolt
11-18-2012, 12:37 PM
Players get Grab all the time that's why refs call fouls.

JR Elbow him and if you saw the game JR got shut down(no skills) and was looking to take someone out.He later foul Tony Allen in the air.

I find it SAD if your having a bad game no need to elbow and hit people.

mrblisterdundee
11-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Almost all basketball players are secretly ******* who hate to fight. Have you seen some of the pathetic chest-puffing in this league?

KnicksTape
11-18-2012, 02:10 PM

JR Elbow him and if you saw the game JR got shut down(no skills) and was looking to take someone out.He later foul Tony Allen in the air.

Clearly you have never played basketball in your life. Or at least not at a high level.

JR went 4/10. Not great but not horrible either. No skill? What gives you that's answer?
The foul on tony Allen, he was going for the block and missed.
You are ignorant.

Blitzbolt
11-18-2012, 02:15 PM
Clearly you have never played basketball in your life. Or at least not at a high level.

JR went 4/10. Not great but not horrible either. No skill? What gives you that's answer?
You are ignorant.

The knicks are mentally weak and they show it in the second half.

KnicksTape
11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
The knicks are mentally weak and they show it in the second half.

One game.
Mentally weak? Lol

MrfadeawayJB
11-18-2012, 02:17 PM

You are ignorant.

I have to jump in here and say JR defintily has skills. Anyone who denies this is on something. Actually, I think if JR wasn't such a headcase, he could probably make be close to a top 5 sg in the league based on his skills.

But to the point, JR was clearly frusterated by the grizz defense. Was Bayless holding? Yes. Did JR throw a elbow? Yes. Did Bayless retaliate ( a natural reaction)? Yes. JR should have just waited for the whistle because it was going to come.

Mr_Jones
11-18-2012, 02:38 PM
I don't think I will ever like JR Smith. Any member of that Thuggets team, really. Selfish, me-first basketball.

topdog
11-18-2012, 05:37 PM
So let me ask you this should he have swung on him and caught a suspension and fine to prove to you guys that he was a tough guy? You can't play both sides of the fence dude.

Did I say he should have "swung on him?" Nope. First off, I have stated that he shouldn't have thrown the elbow, period. The next choice was to back away from the conflict which is the next best thing, but that choice is not compatible with trying to call someone out as a fake tough guy. If he's going to call someone a fake tough guy, he needs to at least stand his ground.

It's not playing both sides of the fence - it's consistency.

SeoulBeatz
11-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Meh, J.R isn't the toughest of players, but he's right in saying JB is a fake tough guy. He ain't lying.

bigbeardaboss
11-18-2012, 06:49 PM
They are both fake tough guys. remember the Knicks/Denver brawl? Nate threw JR to the ground like he was a little boy. but that was then JR is a Knick now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4gDYcildI

KnicksTape
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM
They are both fake tough guys. remember the Knicks/Denver brawl? Nate threw JR to the ground like he was a little boy. but that was then JR is a Knick now :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf4gDYcildI

He did not throw him to the ground lol wow

Spurred1
11-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Smith has never been known for his brainpower. He's pretty much a talented guy with little between the ears. He frustrated the hell out of George Karl, and he's good with working with players with less than flattering reputations.
If he had ever been able to get himself together, he could have been a hell of a player. He's good for the Knicks as long as there are enough vets on the team to keep him in control and focused.
Twitter is essentially a bulletin board one can fill with crap-true or untrue. What he says about another player is unlikely to hold much concern for anyone aside from Knicks fans or Grizz fans. Bayless himself probably doesn't care at this point.

topdog
11-18-2012, 08:22 PM
He did not throw him to the ground lol wow

Nate definitely got the better of that exchange though and maybe that's where J.R.'s whole issue with guys with "little man complex[es]" comes in :shrug: