PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard hinting about staying in LA

ThunderousDemon
11-17-2012, 03:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aLEM90lEdA&feature=related

Around the 30 second mark, the dude asks him if he abides and he said,"that's the plan".

ThunderousDemon
11-17-2012, 03:34 AM
I think he stays, a lot of money to be made and also being able to compete for a championship.

Steelers23_06
11-17-2012, 03:53 AM
Lol don't over read anything ALOT can change come seasons end we are talking about the same guy who committed to ORL and we where that lead

naps
11-17-2012, 04:02 AM
"That's the plan" means my *** and specially if it's coming from someone like Dwight it's means absolutely NOTHING.

Lakers forum.

IversonIsKrazy
11-17-2012, 03:38 PM
The whole time I thought he already signed an extension.........

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
LeBron must come to LA to join Dwight now.

Come to LA LeBron, I'll suck yo dick man!

PatriotsGirl
11-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Hmm... sometimes things change. Just depends where the money falls and how he feels at the time.

StarvingKnick22
11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Why wouldnt he?

BenFrank
11-17-2012, 04:27 PM
If things get out of controll in L.A. Houston might be a Darkhoarse now

shep33
11-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Extra 25 mill, and I don't think CP3 is leaving the Clips. His options become:

1) Sign with the Lakers (more money, a team that is built around him in 2014)
2) Sign with the Mavs (35 year old Dirk, good role players, but Dirk + Howard make up around 40-45 mill alone in cap room), so FA will be slim pickings
3) Atlanta- If CP3 doesn't join, I kinda don't get the point
4) Houston to play with Harden and Lin. Maybe the sleeper team, but he already rejected a trade to the Rockets. Asik + Lin + Harden makes up quite a bit of money too. Between Harden, Lin, and Asik in 2014-2015 they're making 45 mill alone because of the backloaded contracts. Still though, this is probably his best option if he refuses to re-up with LAL. Him and Harden in the long term would be nice. But does Dwight want to play in Houston?

SteBO
11-17-2012, 04:32 PM
The plan was to stay in ORL too.....:rolleyes:

topdog
11-17-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm sorry, but what the hell does Dwight Howard deserve a day for?

310Casper
11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
This thread is going to infuriate a lot of inferior teams fans.

gatkins11
11-17-2012, 04:44 PM
Extra 25 mill, and I don't think CP3 is leaving the Clips. His options become:

1) Sign with the Lakers (more money, a team that is built around him in 2014)
2) Sign with the Mavs (35 year old Dirk, good role players, but Dirk + Howard make up around 40-45 mill alone in cap room), so FA will be slim pickings
3) Atlanta- If CP3 doesn't join, I kinda don't get the point
4) Houston to play with Harden and Lin. Maybe the sleeper team, but he already rejected a trade to the Rockets. Asik + Lin + Harden makes up quite a bit of money too. Between Harden, Lin, and Asik in 2014-2015 they're making 45 mill alone because of the backloaded contracts. Still though, this is probably his best option if he refuses to re-up with LAL. Him and Harden in the long term would be nice. But does Dwight want to play in Houston?

Agreed.

theheatles
11-17-2012, 05:01 PM
LA needs to acquire J Smoov, Stephen Jackson and Chris Paul to lock Dwight up.

stephkyle7
11-17-2012, 05:17 PM
LOL...you mean a guy comes to So.Cal, where the weather is obscenely wonderful, hes treated like a Rock star, gets invited to celebrities parties, Joins the most storied franchise in the league...is told that its his team going forward....has a chance to have his name hanging next to Jabbar,Magic,West,Chamberlain.....and decides it might be nice...and this is news?

Leftcoast_yg
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM

The plan was also for Orl to bring intalent to compete. LAL front office pride themeselves in doing that that's why we are relevant in every sports convo.

Leftcoast_yg
11-17-2012, 09:40 PM
What do the Dwight critics have to say about my last post? Its ridiculous how people ignore the orlando's FO loyalty to the team, organization and fans and blame it all on Dwight its unbelievable how people are so narrow minded and can't seem to think without the media telling them what to think.

lvlheaded
11-17-2012, 09:48 PM
The plan was also for Orl to bring intalent to compete. LAL front office pride themeselves in doing that that's why we are relevant in every sports convo.

Not a Dwight critic, but its entirely possible that its not just about the money for him. A lot of today's players don't like to go play in the "shadow of the greats". Many believe it was the biggest deterrent of LeBron to Chicago. MJ comparisons have been following him forever, they think he was intimidated by the idea of playing in is shadow.

Nothing against Dwight, but he doesn't seem like the most mentally stable guy. Its possible that he might have trouble dealing with being in Kobe's shadow, or Chamberlin's, or Kareem's, etc.

Not saying that's absolutely the case, but its possible.

Plus who knows, maybe part of him wants to play in his hometown. Its just a hard thing to place

SteBO
11-17-2012, 09:52 PM

Not denying that, but after witnessing Dwight's actions, you can't be so sure about his real motives. I personally don't think he leaves LA, but I think he just needs to focus on doing what he can to help the Lakers win as opposed to what he "might" do in the future.

dtmagnet
11-17-2012, 09:57 PM
What do the Dwight critics have to say about my last post? Its ridiculous how people ignore the orlando's FO loyalty to the team, organization and fans and blame it all on Dwight its unbelievable how people are so narrow minded and can't seem to think without the media telling them what to think.

Whats unbelievable is that people like you don't care what Dwight did just because he's playing for your team now.

Leftcoast_yg
11-17-2012, 10:36 PM
Whats unbelievable is that people like you don't care what Dwight did just because he's playing for your team now.

He left with his loyalty and left the disloyal, that's what he did. He played hard for organization and even stayed with them to bring in talent after they failed to do so. If you were working hard at a company and your boss promised you a big office and a salary raise as long as you kept up the hard work and never delivered those promises you would want to leave too. Just because he plays for my team doesn't mean I throw out logical thinking

rsweene
11-18-2012, 12:10 PM

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

nickdymez
11-18-2012, 02:30 PM
lol. Anybody who thinks Howard is leaving is an idiot. Especially if you compare this situation to the magic one and say "Look what he did to the magic". If thats you, then your a dummy

nickdymez
11-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Dont watch

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-18-2012, 04:53 PM

Nope we don't need them to keep Dwight we just need to get to the finals and make something happen

MackSnackWrap
11-18-2012, 05:07 PM
You can never trust his word.. Howards a snake. People should know that by what he did to Orlando.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-18-2012, 05:12 PM
You can never trust his word.. Howards a snake. People should know that by what he did to Orlando.

And what LeBron did to Cleveland.

bigbeardaboss
11-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Until he signs i would take anything out of Howards mouth with a grain of salt

LakersOrNothing
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Howard's going to join CP3 in LA.......Clippers uniform. Relax guys.. not the end of the world.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-18-2012, 07:35 PM

Doesn't it suck that when you make the finals w/ a less than 100% Jameer Nelson and a guy like Rafer Alston taking over...

You decide to get rid of 3/5ths of your 09 Finals starting lineup by trading away a nice young Courtney Lee w/ Alston to the Nets for Wince Carter and Ryan Anderson (who later became freakin Gustavo Ayon this past summer).

And then not re-sign Turk in order to match the offer for and keep Marcin Gortat, who you eventually 1 1/2 yrs later trade to PHX (along with Wince Carter and a above average role player in Pietrus) just to get back a whacked out Turkoglu (after mediocre stays in Toronto and PHX) and a 1-dimensional JRICH.

And to make matters worse, you trade away your stretch 4 (who might I add is playing very well for your team off the bench) in Rashard Lewis for Chucker Bulletgun Arenas?

Good job Alex Martins and Otis Smith! :clap:

SteBO
11-18-2012, 07:40 PM

Doesn't it suck that when you make the finals w/ a less than 100% Jameer Nelson and a guy like Rafer Alston taking over...

You decide to get rid of 3/5ths of your 09 Finals starting lineup by trading away a nice young Courtney Lee w/ Alston to the Nets for Wince Carter and Ryan Anderson (who later became freakin Gustavo Ayon this past summer).

And then not re-sign Turk in order to match the offer for and keep Marcin Gortat, who you eventually 1 1/2 yrs later trade to PHX (along with Wince Carter and a above average role player in Pietrus) just to get back a whacked out Turkoglu (after mediocre stays in Toronto and PHX) and a 1-dimensional JRICH.

And to make matters worse, you trade away your stretch 4 (who might I add is playing very well for your team off the bench) in Rashard Lewis for Chucker Bulletgun Arenas?

Good job Alex Martins and Otis Smith! :clap:
They definitely deserve blame. You've never once heard me suggest otherwise. But to my overriding point here, he needs to focus on winning basketball games for the Lakers and not constantly discuss future endeavors and/or past occurrences.

After his disgraceful actions, you'd think he'd get it by now.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-18-2012, 07:44 PM
They definitely deserve blame. You've never once heard me suggest otherwise. But to my overriding point here, he needs to focus on winning basketball games for the Lakers and not constantly discuss future endeavors and/or past occurrences.

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121117howard

Watch this video of Dwight answering the question at the 5:15 mark. When you watch it, it really isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

When someone answers the question, you have to look at the tone and demeanor they answer the question.

Sometimes, when you read articles and you see quotes, you never really get the true sense of how and in which manner that person is answer a question or making a comment in response to something.

It's really all perception.

Watch the video and see for yourself. It's not like he's being a dick about the whole BKN, Houston and LAL thing.

SteBO
11-18-2012, 07:50 PM

http://www.nba.com/lakers/video/121117howard

Watch this video of Dwight answering the question at the 5:15 mark. When you watch it, it really isn't as bad as you make it out to be.

When someone answers the question, you have to look at the tone and demeanor they answer the question.

Sometimes, when you read articles and you see quotes, you never really get the true sense of how and in which manner that person is answer a question or making a comment in response to something.

It's really all perception.

Watch the video and see for yourself. It's not like he's being a dick about the whole BKN, Houston and LAL thing.
:nod: Alright that's fair. He was asked a question, and I can appreciate his honesty which is what I'm sure most NBA fans would want from their athletes.

Personally, I just wish he'd let it all go and turn his full attention to helping LAL reach to where they want to go. I got on LBJ for the same thing 2 years ago after the PR nightmares, so you know I'm not just saying this being the fan of a rival team. I think Dwight stays personally, but with him i just can't be too sure.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
:nod: Alright that's fair. He was asked a question, and I can appreciate his honesty which is what I'm sure most NBA fans would want from their athletes.

Personally, I just wish he'd let it all go and turn his full attention to helping LAL reach to where they want to go. I got on LBJ for the same thing 2 years ago after the PR nightmares, so you know I'm not just saying this being the fan of a rival team. I think Dwight stays personally, but with him i just can't be too sure.

It's normal for someone to question him because of what he did in the past.

Here in Lakerland, tbh, we're not even thinking about whether or not he'll resign, it's just that first step in trying to see if he can get healthy as right now he only about 70-75% of the way there.

And also in Lakerland, we've been so occupied with the whole failed Princeton Offense, Mike Clown, hiring of D'Antoni over PHil, and now the run-and-gun offense while waiting for Nash to come back in a week or two from that chipped fibula injury.

There's already so much on the plate in Lakerland that Dwight's willingness to re-sign (or lack thereof) are not on fans' minds at the moment.

SteBO
11-18-2012, 08:24 PM

It's normal for someone to question him because of what he did in the past.

Here in Lakerland, tbh, we're not even thinking about whether or not he'll resign, it's just that first step in trying to see if he can get healthy as right now he only about 70-75% of the way there.

And also in Lakerland, we've been so occupied with the whole failed Princeton Offense, Mike Clown, hiring of D'Antoni over PHil, and now the run-and-gun offense while waiting for Nash to come back in a week or two from that chipped fibula injury.

There's already so much on the plate in Lakerland that Dwight's willingness to re-sign (or lack thereof) are not on fans' minds at the moment.
Dwight looks like he's in shape, but you can just tell by his play that he isn't 100% yet especially by his standards. Once he and Nash get right the team will take off, regardless of how effective the offense may or may not be.

In Pringles case, he's going to allow Nash to do what he wants for the most part on offense and its going to help them big time. It's about titles at this point, so the overall attitude of the fan base during this ordeal is the right one.

ink
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
D12 is the biggest flake in the NBA and that's saying a lot.

Even if/when he signs with LA there is no guarantee he will be able to get up every morning thinking he should be a Laker.

Making up his mind and committing is just not in his skill set.

GiantsSwaGG
11-18-2012, 08:43 PM
If he wanted to stay, he would of signed an extension already.

nickdymez
11-18-2012, 11:32 PM

And leave 40 mil on the table?

thenaj17
11-19-2012, 11:27 AM

No he wouldn't. He gets more $$$ if he becomes a 'free agent' and then resigns with the Lakers.

Stupid how that works but that's the way the new CBA made it.

Same with Chris Paul.

8kobe24
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
LeBron must come to LA to join Dwight now.

Come to LA LeBron, I'll suck yo dick man!

:facepalm: