PDA

View Full Version : Knicks Game Refs

OneGiantLeap
11-17-2012, 12:27 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Knicks fan. This third quarter has been an absolute disgrace on the part of the NBA referees.

I'll give credit to Memphis where credit is due, as they are obviously a great team but the fact is that the refs have completely taken this game over.

P Styles
11-17-2012, 12:30 AM
knicks would be losing on their own, but the officiating is bad right now lol. Completely deflating

Max.This
11-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Honestly most non Knick fans are going to say Knick fans are crying about it cause we're losing

BklyNyk
11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Some nights calls are not gonna go your way, especially on the road. I don't like the calls either but the Knicks needed to do a better job keeping their cool. After the techs, shots started getting forced and the ball stopped moving. Melos tech was really ill timed since it all started unraveling at that point. Still plenty of ball to be played though.

BigBlueCrew
11-17-2012, 12:36 AM
If you dont believe the NBA is fixed, then you are blind.

Robbw241
11-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Strange that this non Knicks fan only posts about the NBA when it is to complain about the refs in Knicks games or to hate on the Heat. Has to be a coincidence obviously

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=20320441&pp=25&page=2

jammastershake
11-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Knick fans are crying about it cause they're losing.

justinnum1
11-17-2012, 12:38 AM

this.

knicks players lost their composure and are playing awful this qtr. PLus they are committing the worst fouls i have seen. just stupid fouls that vets should not be committing.

KB-Pau-DH2012

The lack of intelligence on these boards. :pity:

Read the thread, OP isn't even a Knicks fan.

#FAIL

BHF
nothing wrong with the refs stop crying

BHF
11-17-2012, 12:39 AM
didn't see you crying last night when you got all the bs calls vs Spurs

Robbw241
11-17-2012, 12:40 AM
The lack of intelligence on these boards. :pity:

Read the thread, OP isn't even a Knicks fan.

#FAIL

i can't tell if u are being sarcastic or not, please help me here.

HYFR
11-17-2012, 12:40 AM
Stop it!^^

BklyNyk
11-17-2012, 12:42 AM
Bhf didn't watch last nights game lol. I'd bet pretty much anything on it.

BHF
11-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Bhf didn't watch last nights game lol. I'd bet pretty much anything on it.

lol you are right but how did you know nostradamus? damn dude you should get a medal for that

BklyNyk
11-17-2012, 12:46 AM
lol you are right but how did you know nostradamus? damn dude you should get a medal for that

I know because I watched the game, in its entirety. Knicks played great ball unlike tonight. Say what you want on the board but you and I both know the truth.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-17-2012, 12:50 AM
They missed a goaltend and the maybe one foul was a gimmie but that's two possessions. They lost composure and started chucking, an excellent formula for losing.

This one is clearly on the Knicks anyway you look at it.

netsgiantsyanks
11-17-2012, 12:52 AM
it's always the refs fault.

hornetsfansydne
11-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Can people stop blaming the refs for their teams losing? They are only human and mistakes are made at times. Name one player out there that didnt make a mistake?

topdog
11-17-2012, 12:56 AM
I feel like this belongs more in the game thread or a thread titled "Complain About Officiating Here." Otherwise, it just turns into a troll/homer fest.

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-17-2012, 12:57 AM
it's always the refs fault.

Refs scored 19 for the Griz. Haven't you watched man?

netsgiantsyanks
11-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Refs scored 19 for the Griz. Haven't you watched man?

i think they deserve a MVP award for their performance. :p

Tysons_Beard
11-17-2012, 01:00 AM
bad officiating, but the knicks were forcing shots and turning it over so its on them too

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-17-2012, 01:00 AM
i think they deserve a MVP award for their performance. :p

It's like Tim Donaghy all over again!! The NBA just doesn't want a title in Manhattan.

netsgiantsyanks
11-17-2012, 01:07 AM
it was the refs that set up that pick and roll play!

nyballa1991
11-17-2012, 01:09 AM
the op isnt even a knicks fan.. everybody chill.. we know you hate the knicks.....but jeeze.

Jarvo
11-17-2012, 01:12 AM
This will end all of the Knicks threads & now here come the "Griz are the best team in the NBA" threads.

HYFR
11-17-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm a knick fan but this thread is ****** stupid. It's one loss nothing more dont blame it on anyone. Keep it moving

#Shumpert Up
11-17-2012, 01:19 AM
Ed Malloy can go to hell but whatever. THe knicks werent going to win once woodson made it clear camby wasnt gonna play and he was putting melo on gasol. i mean really? thats pushing the mismatches. The refs played a part but the grizzlies were just too big

Robbw241
11-17-2012, 01:19 AM
You have to be pretty gullible to believe this dude isn't actually a Knicks fan.

seikou8
11-17-2012, 01:22 AM
we lost it fair memphis is really good man hopefully we can regroup and get a win on sunday

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-17-2012, 01:22 AM
lol ref crying

Patrick Ewing33
11-17-2012, 01:23 AM
WHO THE **** CARES ITS A ****ING LOSS!!! We cannot rely of the refs to win games.. A win is a win and a loss is a loss no matter what the reasons are.. Get the **** over it.

Blitzbolt
11-17-2012, 01:24 AM
Simple the Knicks are soft we beat them down low.They started to cry and got techs the refs did the right thing.

Chill_Will_24
11-17-2012, 01:24 AM
What is with all the Nets fans in here gloating and talking ****? There have been more posts here from my fellow Nets fans than any other fan base smh This has nothing to do with us and it's just another dumb "**** about the refs" thread.

We have our own issues with our own team. Why are you guys so obsessed with the Knicks? This inferiority complex thing you guys got is silly.

OneGiantLeap
11-17-2012, 01:25 AM
You people are laughable. I'm a new fan of the NBA and currently a casual Nets fan. When I see a good hard fought game that is called fairly and evenly, it makes me a more passionate fan and keeps me interested in the regular season.

When I see a game like I saw tonight, it reminds me why I've only been a football fan up to this point in my life. There's a reason that fans of all four major sports consider the NBA refereeing an absolute joke. Don't get me wrong, sometimes Knicks fans, just like fans of any team, can be annoying. The fact that you people would let your hatred of the Knicks blind you to the obvious is pretty sad.

Have fun in la la land gentlemen.

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 01:27 AM
There were some questionable calls BUT, the size advantage really showed. Thats what happens when you have two 7 foot monsters in the post lol. Memphis is really good.

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 01:29 AM
You people are laughable. I'm a new fan of the NBA and currently a casual Nets fan. When I see a good hard fought game that is called fairly and evenly, it makes me a more passionate fan and keeps me interested in the regular season.

When I see a game like I saw tonight, it reminds me why I've only been a football fan up to this point in my life. There's a reason that fans of all four major sports consider the NBA refereeing an absolute joke. Don't get me wrong, sometimes Knicks fans, just like fans of any team, can be annoying. The fact that you people would let your hatred of the Knicks blind you to the obvious is pretty sad.

this post is bsssssssss

look at most of your posts... majority of them are complaining about reffing lol

Chill_Will_24
11-17-2012, 01:30 AM

The fact that you are using the Nets to make your gripe seem more valid is quite clever and comical.

yankeesown69
11-17-2012, 01:30 AM
They were bound to lose eventually. Didn't look like things were going their way but whatever you move on and try and get the next one. Ya the officiating was frustrating, but they outplayed the Knicks in the 3rd Q regardless.

Blitzbolt
11-17-2012, 01:32 AM
Melo on Marc Gasol=Fouls for Melo I was in shock I don't know why Woodson would do that.

jimm120
11-17-2012, 01:34 AM
Let me preface this by saying that I am not a Knicks fan. This third quarter has been an absolute disgrace on the part of the NBA referees.

I'll give credit to Memphis where credit is due, as they are obviously a great team but the fact is that the refs have completely taken this game over.

The third quarter was reminiscent to the 2nd Quarter of Game 1 vs Miami. Just a ton of consecutive calls against the Knicks.

But nothing you can do about it. Knicks showed that they were coming back and could come back, even though it was a 19 point deficit and many of their main players of the night were in foul trouble (melo, chandler, smith, wallace) because of the Ref Foul Barrage.

I'm happy with the Knicks play this game. Outside of rebounding (a problem EVERY game so far) and a low 3 point percentage, they did well. Great FG percentage, good blocks/steals, few turnovers.

So yeah

knicksfan42
11-17-2012, 01:37 AM
The third quarter was reminiscent to the 2nd Quarter of Game 1 vs Miami. Just a ton of consecutive calls against the Knicks.

But nothing you can do about it. Knicks showed that they were coming back and could come back, even though it was a 19 point deficit and many of their main players of the night were in foul trouble (melo, chandler, smith, wallace) because of the Ref Foul Barrage.

I'm happy with the Knicks play this game. Outside of rebounding (a problem EVERY game so far) and a low 3 point percentage, they did well. Great FG percentage, good blocks/steals, few turnovers.

So yeah

Ed Malloy, those of you that bet on teams, always bet against the Knicks vs playoff team when Ed Malloy is officiating.

HYFR
11-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Simple the Knicks are soft we beat them down low.They started to cry and got techs the refs did the right thing.

Knicks aren't soft IMO. Grizzlies just outplayed us tonight

#knickstape
11-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Spoze!!

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 01:39 AM
Blitzbot, well it was a little weird but Zbo is more built (wheather it be fat or whatever) then Gasol. I think Camby should of played, I wanted to run with
Felton
Kidd
Melo
Camby Or sheed
Chandler because of the size advantage Memphis has.

Blitzbolt
11-17-2012, 01:40 AM

Out of the teams we have played so far the Knicks have been the softest maybe it will change with Shump Stat and Camby.

But right now they are super SOFT like a marshmallow.

BALLER R
11-17-2012, 01:41 AM
You think that was bad. Try watching a Raptors game. You will literally want to punch a ref in the face.

jimm120
bad officiating, but the knicks were forcing shots and turning it over so its on them too

I agree somewhat.

The officiating got out of hand in the 3rd quarter.

But the Knicks allowed those fouls to affect their offense. Of course, when they knocked Melo out of the game, he couldn't score for them nor be a distraction. And the fouls on Sheed/Chandler also took away a lot from defense and even offense, because Knicks didn't want to do anything involving contact.

So that's how the Officiating affected the Knicks.

Still, the offense shouldn't have been affected THAT much. A lot of horrible shots in the 3rd quarter.

Unfortunately without their go to scorers, they couldn't get back in it until the 4th quarter, once Smith/Chandler/Sheed/Melo could play again.

mizzacNYC
They missed a goaltend and the maybe one foul was a gimmie but that's two possessions. They lost composure and started chucking, an excellent formula for losing.

This one is clearly on the Knicks anyway you look at it.

They called a BS flagrant foul on JR

BS tech on Sheed

ticky tack 5th foul on Melo

50 fouls called all game

refs affected game period. Would the Knick have won with better officiating I dont know... But the Grizz are definitely the truth...

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Out of the teams we have played so far the Knicks have been the softest maybe it will change with Shump Stat and Camby.

Soft? lol if you say so :pity:

More-Than-Most
11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
Strange that this non Knicks fan only posts about the NBA when it is to complain about the refs in Knicks games or to hate on the Heat. Has to be a coincidence obviously

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/search.php?searchid=20320441&pp=25&page=2

this

jimm120
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Ed Malloy, those of you that bet on teams, always bet against the Knicks vs playoff team when Ed Malloy is officiating.

this "ed malloy" was also the game 1 official against the heat?

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
this

Eli is Elite, oh wow you are in the NBA fourm? Force of habbit with the Eli thing :D. Knicks are elite LOL :p

Robbw241
11-17-2012, 01:46 AM
this

why do you have so much extra space in your sig on the bottom

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM
Robb its for when he loses his sig bet with me.!

D1JM
I blame Obama

SportsFanatic10
What is with all the Nets fans in here gloating and talking ****? There have been more posts here from my fellow Nets fans than any other fan base smh This has nothing to do with us and it's just another dumb "**** about the refs" thread.

We have our own issues with our own team. Why are you guys so obsessed with the Knicks? This inferiority complex thing you guys got is silly.

haha sweet sig man

HYFR
11-17-2012, 01:55 AM

Most of the posts I've seen from u are mainly trolling/baiting so I'm not gonna feed u. All I'm saying is grizz were the better team tonite at home but there is plenty more to go..

More-Than-Most
11-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Robb its for when he loses his sig bet with me.!

lol I am like 2 for 12 in sig bets

GMEN4EVER
11-17-2012, 01:59 AM
Good game by the Griz, but i'm disappointed to see the knicks lose their cool from the bad officiating to start the third. It's a shame the refs killed a great game by tossing any close calls to the benefit of Memphis for a short while. There were a series of borderline calls early in the third that seemed to consistently go against the knicks. But with that said, it was a big time lack of professionalism watching how the knicks reacted to it.

Bottom line, there's never a point in complaining to the refs in competitive sports. You can say some things along the lines of hey can you look for this? But arguing with the refs will never get you anywhere, no matter if it starts getting a bit ridiculous. They let a few iffy calls and 2 bad calls in a short amount of time completely mess with their heads. The great ball movement we had been seeing died for a good 8-10 minutes of game time.

Not too worried though, it was a scheduled loss anyways. Always hated the NBA scheduling, 3rd road game in 4 nights is historically a very tough game to ever come out on top in, and against a good opponent like Memphis it's virtually a lost cause.

Not much to take from this game other than an old team can start to fade in the second half of a 3rd road game in 4 nights, and that Rasheed Wallace can still ball one minute and yet run around like a moron the next thinking he won't get a T for it...ganna be a fun year for the knicks with him around for entertainment haha

TheNumber37
11-17-2012, 02:00 AM
no one should comment who hasn't watched the game.

SouthSideRookie
11-17-2012, 02:37 AM
http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/images/11/2011/11/1263a64bf19d2c679688eb20e8e0f1a1.jpg

justinnum1
11-17-2012, 02:40 AM

ed malloy always favors the home team, but thats not why the knicks lost. memphis was just the better team

Evolution23
11-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Refs didn't help but we got outplayed tonight.

Evolution23
11-17-2012, 03:05 AM
Ryan Tannehill is still better than Peyton Manning.

KniCks4LiFe
11-17-2012, 03:29 AM
nothing to say, refs are going to make and miss calls, this year the NBA is letting players play more. Charges are down, chippy fouls aren't being called. James Harden tonight was litterally tackled in the last possession at the 3pt arc :laugh:, nothing called. It's happening everywhere. But Memphis is that team to beat this season in the West. No one is giving them enough props.

Hawkeye15
11-17-2012, 04:52 AM
we have GT's to whine about these things..