PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically, Let's Say Memphis Wins It All This Season...

Baller1
11-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Does Zach Randolph deserve some Hall of Fame chatter?

He's always been a great scorer and a huge rebounder, but was always overlooked because of the lack of winning and bad attitude. But he's become a force in this league and a leader on Memphis, and I believe with a ring as arguably the best player on his team... He would deserve, at the very least, some talk as a Hall of Fame player.

Alayla
11-16-2012, 10:46 PM
No. Winning doesn't just make u a better player than u are.

The 6-4-3
11-16-2012, 10:49 PM
No. Never

ManRam
11-16-2012, 10:50 PM
No. That's such a well-balanced team that I don't think anyone is going to get carried away with him as an individual winning a ring...unless he just goes bananas in the playoffs.

He's a 1 time all star. His most prestigous award is a MIP in his third year in the league. He's never been in the top 10 in any stat besides rebound-related ones, and those aren't too plentiful.

He has the 68th best career PER. He's well outside the active top 50 in WS/48 and plain old win shares (despite being a 15 year vet).

17.3-9.2 is nice...but I think people know how to dig deeper than that.

A Finals MVP might give him a boost, but even with that I doubt it. Just too unremarkable of a career IMO. Solid, but rarely ever elite. How can a guy who was arguably (probably) never a top 10 player wind up in the HOF?

b@llhog24
11-16-2012, 10:51 PM
No. Winning doesn't just make u a better player than u are.

True, but it makes his career resume look a whole lot better.

STL Don
11-16-2012, 10:51 PM
IF they somehow magically won it all this year, and he continues to stay healthy over the last few years of his prime and plays well, possibly.

Baller1
11-16-2012, 10:56 PM
No. That's such a well-balanced team that I don't think anyone is going to get carried away with him as an individual winning a ring...unless he just goes bananas in the playoffs.

He's a 1 time all star. His most prestigous award is a MIP in his third year in the league. He's never been in the top 10 in any stat besides rebound-related ones, and those aren't too plentiful.

He has the 68th best career PER. He's well outside the active top 50 in WS/48 and plain old win shares (despite being a 15 year vet).

17.3-9.2 is nice...but I think people know how to dig deeper than that.

A Finals MVP might give him a boost, but even with that I doubt it. Just too unremarkable of a career IMO. Solid, but rarely ever elite. How can a guy who was arguably (probably) never a top 10 player wind up in the HOF?

I think he's had an unremarkable career for the reasons I stated in the original post, though. The guy has always put up really solid numbers throughout his career, but he had a bad attitude and could never lead Portland or New York as "the guy". Now he's become a leader of Memphis and their go-to guy late in game (most of the time), and so now people are finally starting to recognize him.

I'm probably in the very small minority here, but I think he's been a really solid player throughout his career who's only gotten better over the years... I think a few more years of production and a ring would make people give him a much harder second look.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 11:02 PM
. How can a guy who was arguably (probably) never a top 10 player wind up in the HOF?
You mean again?

#knickstape
11-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Eh?

justinnum1
11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
no

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 01:42 AM
they can definitely win it all if the refs keep giving them games

Hellcrooner
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
First tell me who is their best player because it isnt clear at all-.