PDA

View Full Version : If chris paul is the best point guard in the nba, he has to make the WCF..

rubx3
11-16-2012, 02:47 PM
this year. He has a legitimate supporting cast now. No excuses

alexander_37
11-16-2012, 02:50 PM
What? Why, if he plays the best he is the best regardless of team success.

b@llhog24
11-16-2012, 02:51 PM
So Mario Chalmers was a top 2 pg last season then?

Cano4prez
11-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Logic.

rubx3
11-16-2012, 03:10 PM
Rondo, rose, deron williams have made it that far at least in their careers

Avenged
11-16-2012, 03:11 PM
There are no excuses for his team. They are crazy stacked.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Funny how in an offseason in which LA added Nash+Dwight to a team that finished ahead of us last year anyways, we are suppose to already be better than them and the upstart Conference champs.

We have a chance it seems, and we definitely have the talent, so yea no excuses from a TEAM standpoint, but there are no guarantees in this game. And if we were to lose to either LAL/OKC then I would be fine with it, but if we lose to the Grizz (even though they look scary right now) or the Spurs then we havent improved at all. The blame wont fall on CP3 unless it deserves to.

SteBO
11-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Yup. Big difference. CP3 can still be the best PG in the NBA, but if his teammates don't lend him a hand when it's needed then LAC won't be doing anything of major significance, and that goes for every team in the league.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 03:20 PM

In the backcourt, this should help keep CP3 fresh and theoretically allow our team to withstand his absence but in the playoffs hes going to get heavy minutes and that depth becomes less of an asset.

We still have Caron mucking up the SF position, Willie Green playing 18MPG. Hopefully Hill+Billups can fix that up. But then you look at our bigs, Odom, Turiaf and Hollins are below average and thats putting it nicely. We will rely on Blake/DJ alot more this year, I hope the hard work they put in pays off.

Baller1
11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
To think that Billups and Hill haven't even joined the lineup is scary.

Oefarmy2005
11-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Troll

bucketss
11-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Do they give out trophies for wcf appearances.

Jarvo
11-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Rondooooooooooooooooooo >

But I still don't see the Clippers beating Lakers, OKC or Spurs when it really matters.

tredigs
11-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Rondooooooooooooooooooo >

But I still don't see the Clippers beating Lakers, OKC or Spurs when it really matters.

Not sure Rondo's better at any aspect of basketball than Cp3, let alone as a whole.

RonE Coleman
11-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Agreed... Melo gets killed every year for not doing much in the playoffs while CP3, a player who everyone thinks is better than Melo, gets a pass.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 05:15 PM
.....how is melo better than cp3? Ok check this. List all the aspects of an nba player, scoring, rebounding, assists, fg%, ft% , defending, making other team mates better, etc
And do them side by side.

Cp3 > Melo.

Sorry.
1. LeBron
2. durant
3. CP3
4. Howard
5. Wade(my biased opinion)
6. Kobe

I think melo isn't even on some people's top 10.. I'm not so sure about that though.

Alayla
11-16-2012, 06:05 PM
People overrating team success when measuring individual players again smh...
Cp3 is the best PG in the nba hands down no contest get over it people

Jarvo
11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Not sure Rondo's better at any aspect of basketball than Cp3, let alone as a whole.

Playmaker? Passer? Defense? CP3 is just better at scoring.

haggis
11-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Playmaker?

Yes.

Passer?

Yes.

Defense?

Yes.

CP3 is just better at scoring.

And everything to do with the game of basketball.

RLundi
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM

But Rondo is a complete liability on offense if he isn't distributing. Chris Paul is an excellent defender, passer and playmaker in his own right.

ManRam
11-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Uh...no.

Individual success doesn't go hand-in-hand with team success.

Greedy22
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM

lulz.

Yes, yes, yes, and CP3 is much better at controlling the pace of the game.

KnicksorBust
11-16-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't agree with this premise at all but don't worry because CP3 will meet your expectations.

StarvingKnick22
11-16-2012, 06:51 PM
He cant do all of the work, man. He is a superstar, but Lebron couldnt even do it himself.

Hawkize31
11-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Nope. Basketball is a team game. If his teammates don't show up, he can go 40-15-10 every night and it won't matter. Winning in the NBA takes a collective effort from everyone.

nickdymez
11-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Its funny how a thread was made about how Kobe would take a hit if he didnt win with his supporting cast. But the Clippers as a whole are just as deep if not deeper than the Lakers and the same people are giving CP3 a pass.. The hypocrisy is amazing around here.

Jarvo
11-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Ehhh give me Rondo over CP3, Not saying he isn't bad but anyways like I said I don't think they can beat Lakers or Spurs and maybe OKC in a 7 game series.

ManRam
11-16-2012, 07:08 PM
I mean, if the Clippers continue to play well, if everyone stays healthy, and it becomes clear that this is clearly a true contender for the WCF, then sure, it will be disappointing if they don't make it. It's early though. The team last year was NOT talented enough to make the Finals.

Also, speaking in absolutes in November is always silly. It's not black and white like this. What if Paul goes 30-10-8 on 70% shooting, and the team loses? What if Blake gets hurt? What if the Lakers and Thunder clearly become more talented all around teams?

I'd love to see him take his team to the next step, but I don't think it's this simple.

And if you take Rondo over Paul, you're missing some screws in your head...and this is coming from a guy who LOVES Rondo. Easily one of my 5 favorites players in the NBA (with LeBron, Jameer, Pierce and someone else). But his offensive deficiencies are crippling at times.

RLundi
11-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Its funny how a thread was made about how Kobe would take a hit if he didnt win with his supporting cast. But the Clippers as a whole are just as deep if not deeper than the Lakers and the same people are giving CP3 a pass.. The hypocrisy is amazing around here.

What's amazing is how much you worship Kobe. Like seriously, why do all of your posts somehow end up talking about Kobe?? Good God man, get a grip. This has the biggest man-crush I've ever seen and its getting borderline embarrassing.

amos1er
11-16-2012, 07:16 PM
Depends on who they lose to in the semi's. If they lost to the Lakers or OKC, than I could give him a pass.

Not really fair comparing him to other pg's in the eastern conference. Making it to the eastern conference finals is a cake walk compared to making it out of the semi's in the west. Rose and Rondo is not a fair comparison as their roads to their conference finals were significantly more easy.

Also, when comparing him to Deron who made the WCF back in 2007, lets not be silly and not mention that the Jazz's opponent in the semi's were Golden State, an 8 seed that upset the Dallas Mavericks one seed. If Deron had another WCF appearance, this little comparison would hold more clout, but if you are only going off 2007 that I have a hard time taking one fluke appearance seriously enough to hold that over CP3's head.

CP3 is the best pg in the league hands down. Lest not kid ourselves people.

xxplayerxx23
11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
But is there any PG that can be called better thenPaul? No thanks for the thread.

sammyvine
11-16-2012, 07:19 PM
he needs to start delivering in the post season

he is considered an elite player, top 5 player so he needs to start winning mvps rings, like wade, lebron and even d rose

nickdymez
What's amazing is how much you worship Kobe. Like seriously, why do all of your posts somehow end up talking about Kobe?? Good God man, get a grip. This has the biggest man-crush I've ever seen and its getting borderline embarrassing.

Objective reasoning

sammyvine
But is there any PG that can be called better thenPaul? No thanks for the thread.

D Rose when healthy.

I think Rondo is the best pure pg, but CP3 is the best overall PG hands-down.

nickdymez
11-16-2012, 07:20 PM

he is considered an elite player, top 5 player so he needs to start winning mvps rings, like wade, lebron and even d rose

Wade won MVP? He also took his team to the WCF and was runner up in the MVP voting to Kobe. Some people think Kobe stole that from him. After that NO tradded all their players and he was injured

sammyvine
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Wade won MVP? He also took his team to the WCF and was runner up in the MVP voting to Kobe. Some people think Kobe stole that from him. After that NO tradded all their players and he was injured

D-Wade has won a finals MVP.

CP3 has never been to the WCF.:confused:

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Frankly, though there are some talented players in LAC, I don't see them as favorite to make it to the conference finals. The Spurs have some young guys that are developing into better players, and their vets are playing great. LAL added Dwight and Nash, and now have a coach geared to run an offensive system that will maximize their talent (or so LAL would have us believe), OKC is just as good as they were last season (Martin is not as good an all-around talent as Harden, but he's shooting at a very high percentage so far this year), and Memphis has one of the best starting front courts in the league with: Gay, Z-Bo and Gasol (compared to what... Griffen and Jordan?).

CP3 is the best PG in the game, he does not have the best supporting cast.

sammyvine
11-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Frankly, though there are some talented players in LAC, I don't see them as favorite to make it to the conference finals. The Spurs have some young guys that are developing into better players, and their vets are playing great. LAL added Dwight and Nash, and now have a coach geared to run an offensive system that will maximize their talent (or so LAL would have us believe), OKC is just as good as they were last season (Martin is not as good an all-around talent as Harden, but he's shooting at a very high percentage so far this year), and Memphis has one of the best starting front courts in the league with: Gay, Z-Bo and Gasol (compared to what... Griffen and Jordan?).

CP3 is the best PG in the game, he does not have the best supporting cast.

So he deserves a pass?

I understand in NO, but the Clippers have the pieces. If he is truly as good as people on here make him out to be, then why shouldn't he get to the WCF at least?

I read some people saying he is the best PG since Magic and how he is better than Isiah and Gary Payton, so shouldn't we expect a lot from him if he is that good.

He is considered an elite player, top 5 player, so he should be able to make some noise come play offs. Lebron, Dwight, D-Rose, Nash etc.. have all made it to the CFinals at least, players he is/has been ranked alongside so why does he deserve a pass if they bounce out.

nickdymez
11-16-2012, 07:27 PM
D-Wade has won a finals MVP.

CP3 has never been to the WCF.:confused:

Excuse me, semis...

xxplayerxx23
11-16-2012, 07:30 PM
D Rose when healthy.

I think Rondo is the best pure pg, but CP3 is the best overall PG hands-down.

Nah, Rose when healthy is good, but Paul defends, Paul scores and plays defense. Rondo is very overrated on here, I have 5 Pgs ahead of him.

xxplayerxx23
11-16-2012, 07:33 PM

Wade went on one of the best postseason Runs ever, He dominated and won finals MVP. MVP is a popularty contest sometimes. Nash won it twice I think Kobe deserved the 2nd one. CP3 deserved it the year Kobe won it.

amos1er
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Wade went on one of the best postseason Runs ever, He dominated and won finals MVP. MVP is a popularty contest sometimes. Nash won it twice I think Kobe deserved the 2nd one. CP3 deserved it the year Kobe won it.

Wrong.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:36 PM

Why?

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Proof..... of any of this?

KnicksorBust
11-16-2012, 07:38 PM
I mean, if the Clippers continue to play well, if everyone stays healthy, and it becomes clear that this is clearly a true contender for the WCF, then sure, it will be disappointing if they don't make it. It's early though. The team last year was NOT talented enough to make the Finals.

Also, speaking in absolutes in November is always silly. It's not black and white like this. What if Paul goes 30-10-8 on 70% shooting, and the team loses? What if Blake gets hurt? What if the Lakers and Thunder clearly become more talented all around teams?

I'd love to see him take his team to the next step, but I don't think it's this simple.

And if you take Rondo over Paul, you're missing some screws in your head...and this is coming from a guy who LOVES Rondo. Easily one of my 5 favorites players in the NBA (with LeBron, Jameer, Pierce and someone else). But his offensive deficiencies are crippling at times.

I actually this spot-on. It doesn't absolve Paul of any responsibility but merely contexualizes the relevant aspects that would deter Paul from leading his team to theorized success.

KnicksorBust
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but this reeks of you regurgitating other peoples' ****.

xxplayerxx23
11-16-2012, 07:43 PM

You are wrong, Oh wait you are KOB you can't be wrong, Im very confused now.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:44 PM
I read some people saying he is the best PG since Magic and how he is better than Isiah and Gary Payton, so shouldn't we expect a lot from him if he is that good.
Your not wrong for expecting great things but keep things in perspective and brush up on some history. CP3 is in his first year with high potential squad. Look at the names you listed, do you know how many times those players fell to clearly inferior teams? Hell GP was on teams that should have at least gone to the Conference Finals much less ousted in R.1 and he was upset 2 years in a row IIRC.

He is considered an elite player, top 5 player, so he should be able to make some noise come play offs. Lebron, Dwight, D-Rose, Nash etc.. have all made it to the CFinals at least, players he is/has been ranked alongside so why does he deserve a pass if they bounce out.
He has made noise its just drowned out because hes facing superior teams. Like when he pushed the Lakers to 7 or last year when he got us past the Grizzlies despite the Clippers being depleted by injuries. He played awful vs the Spurs but even Pop will tell you that CP3 wasn't fit to play.

KnicksorBust
11-16-2012, 07:48 PM
You are wrong, Oh wait you are KOB you can't be wrong, Im very confused now.

:laugh: That was a great comeback.

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
Excuse me, semis...

Can you explain what your trying to tell him

Chronz
11-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Thats because people share those opinions all the time

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Agreed... Melo gets killed every year for not doing much in the playoffs while CP3, a player who everyone thinks is better than Melo, gets a pass.

shall we break down the roster support each has had in their playoff trips, and pull up their numbers? Paul is far superior.

meloman1592
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM
I think he's making it to the finals this year. With the weapons he has, I can't see anyone beating the clippers in the west

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 08:06 PM

no, CP3 is literally better at everything, outside rebounding I suppose.

beliges
11-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Cp3 is unquestionably the best PG in the league. And he will certainly take his team to the playoffs this season. How far he gets is yet to be determined however. The west is simply too stacked and talented. There are no free rides in the playoff in the west. In the east however, the Knicks are probably the 2nd best team and that tells you all you need to know about the competition there.

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 02:40 PM
dwill made it to the WCF with this buns squad lol

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2007.html

Sadds The Gr8
11-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Is your tongue sewn to Bryant's scrotum?

mngopher35
11-17-2012, 02:53 PM

They also barely beat the rockets and then lucked into playing an 8 seed to go to wcf. He did play great in the WCF but honestly the 2 series before that he played pretty mediocre but his team was good enough to win. Paul is definitely better than dwill.

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 02:53 PM

Oh you mean the team with a prime Boozer and Okur? And a young Milsap and AK47 on the squad yeah total bun squad :rolleyes:

b@llhog24
11-17-2012, 02:54 PM

He wasn't even the best player on that team. :facepalm:

nickdymez
11-17-2012, 03:08 PM
He wasn't even the best player on that team. :facepalm:

lmao.. What?? Then who was?

nickdymez
11-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Proof..... of any of this?

You want advanced stats?

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 03:10 PM
Could of been the guy who averaged 20 and close to 12 boards a game.

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 03:12 PM
Could of been the guy who averaged 20 and close to 12 boards a game.

oo the guy that become irrelevant after he stopped playing with dwill

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
oo the guy that become irrelevant after he stopped playing with dwill

Yeah the guy didnt average 17.5 and 9.6 his first year in chicago, he isn't 30 now, Boozer was a product of Deron, Sorry bud Deron wasnt the best player on the team that year.

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah the guy didnt average 17.5 and 9.6 his first year in chicago, he isn't 30 now, Boozer was a product of Deron, Sorry bud Deron wasnt the best player on the team that year.

21 ppg - 17.5ppg is a huge drop off and his FG percentage dropped significantly

deron made boozer good... dont get it twisted.

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 03:21 PM
You used the word irrelevant He was better then Deron that year. Look at the numbers.

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
You used the word irrelevant He was better then Deron that year. Look at the numbers.

and like I said... deron williams made boozer

xxplayerxx23
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Wrong.

mngopher35
11-17-2012, 03:39 PM
and like I said... deron williams made boozer

Not nearly as much as sloan made Deron. Look at how he has done on the Nets compared to utah. Did williams make boozer better? Yes, but he didn't make boozer into what he was like your claiming. Boozer played better than Williams in the two series that they won that year. Williams making the WCF is great, but it doesn't make him individually better than paul.

Chronz
11-17-2012, 03:52 PM
You want advanced stats?
At this point, you citing anything other than vague opinions would be welcomed. So lets not move too quickly now.

Chronz
11-17-2012, 04:00 PM
lmao.. What?? Then who was?

LMFAO probably the guy the coaches decided was the teams All-Star, probably the guy who easily the more productive player. Probably the guy who was both higher on the MVP rankings.. yea that guy. Now what evidence do YOU have?

Because by all objective measures, Deron in his 2nd year was not better than Boozer at his peak. This is why you shouldn't judge players by what you remember because you get careers mixed up. You saw Deron outplay Boozer for the majority of their careers and naturally assumed its always been that way. Time to expand your way of thinking.

jmoney85
11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Not nearly as much as sloan made Deron. Look at how he has done on the Nets compared to utah. Did williams make boozer better? Yes, but he didn't make boozer into what he was like your claiming. Boozer played better than Williams in the two series that they won that year. Williams making the WCF is great, but it doesn't make him individually better than paul.

number 1... I never said he was better than paul

number 2... you're comparing dwill's production with avery to sloan when this is the 1st decent team he's played on since the trade

mdm692
11-17-2012, 04:17 PM
So Mario Chalmers was a top 2 pg last season then?

So Mario Chalmers was the leader of the Heat :facepalm:.

mngopher35
11-17-2012, 04:18 PM
number 1... I never said he was better than paul

number 2... you're comparing dwill's production with avery to sloan when this is the 1st decent team he's played on since the trade

You were comparing boozer under sloan to a defensive minded thibs and a team with less spacing more focused on defense. I don't truly believe sloan is the only thing that made williams good but according to you a slight decrease from utah to chicago was all because of Dwill for boozer so i thought id use the same logic. Boozer was the better player on Utah the year they made wcf, and played an 8 seed in the second round. This is a thread about Paul needing to make the WCF and you brought up Williams making it. Not sure what your point was then?

Edit: When I say slight decrease I mean from one year to the next (last year on utah to first on bulls). I know that boozer is declining now.

C-Style
11-17-2012, 04:40 PM
this year. He has a legitimate supporting cast now. No excuses

He's not in the leastern conference

rubx3
05-04-2013, 06:22 PM
hey guise, what's going on in here? :D

xxplayerxx23
05-04-2013, 06:25 PM
He's still by far the best pg in the game

raiderposting
05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
He's still by far the best pg in the game

Chris Duhon says hello

Avenged
05-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Don't bump old threads without providing any kind of substance to your post.