PDA

View Full Version : If Derrick Rose Comes Back And...

#Shumpert Up
11-15-2012, 08:12 PM
He's never fully the same... a la michael redd in recent memory. where do the bulls go from there?

Avenged
11-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Lottery.

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Back to being irrelevant

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Rig for Jabari Parker.

P Harvy
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
That would be a shame

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 08:17 PM
They would be ****ed.

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Id trade him for Brandon Jennings

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:18 PM
don't even want to think about that yet. It would be a travesty, and I don't think Rose will lose a step after one ACL injury to be honest.

seikou8
11-15-2012, 08:19 PM
it would be a sad day

Kuya_Clive
11-15-2012, 08:23 PM
His rehab is reportedly doing so well that I believe that this situation will not likely occur. They are using the best PT's, AT's, etc. possible to help Rose return as close to pre-injury form as possible.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:26 PM
His rehab is reportedly doing so well that I believe that this situation will not likely occur. They are using the best PT's, AT's, etc. possible to help Rose return as close to pre-injury form as possible.

well, I expected a lost year for Rose this year, but yeah man, he is a freak athlete, I think he will return to form by 6-7 months from now for sure. The problem with the 9 month time table is, Rose is SO explosive, that is asking a lot. But AP is making the ACL recovery look easy lol.

ldawg
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
I like Rose i hope he gets back 95% of what he had. And find a way not to hurt it again.

ldawg
11-15-2012, 08:29 PM
He need to take the whole year off. If he do return only in the playoffs off the bench.

Pierzynski4Prez
11-15-2012, 08:30 PM
I just hope they don't rush it at all. An extra few months is worth keeping the extra few years on his career.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
I just hope they don't rush it at all. An extra few months is worth keeping the extra few years on his career.

well, when they shelled off their bench players, and signed lesser players, you could tell the FO was preparing for a lost year basically. Meaning, why pay the large luxury tax when you are missing Rose for over half a season? They put themselves in position to make some noise next summer if they amnesty Boozer, with a 100% Rose going into the 13-14' season. I am in agreement with the approach they are taking. Do NOT rush him.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:33 PM
He need to take the whole year off. If he do return only in the playoffs off the bench.

well, playoffs would be basically 12 months after the tear. Rose will be back before then. I just hope they give it a good 9 months post injury before they even contemplate playing him.

theSPECIALKID
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
well, I expected a lost year for Rose this year, but yeah man, he is a freak athlete, I think he will return to form by 6-7 months from now for sure. The problem with the 9 month time table is, Rose is SO explosive, that is asking a lot. But AP is making the ACL recovery look easy lol.

I think he's gonna come back stronger like AP did imo. I said the same thing with AP and look at him now. I really believe the NBA will be in for a surprise when he steps on the court. This is the first time he's truly worked on his body, and when the Bulls do make the playoffs that is a team I would not want to play.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2012, 08:42 PM
i hope he can come back and be the same explosive drose. if the nba lost him and his play, it would be sad and a great loss.

#Shumpert Up
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
I think he's gonna come back stronger like AP did imo. I said the same thing with AP and look at him now. I really believe the NBA will be in for a surprise when he steps on the court. This is the first time he's truly worked on his body, and when the Bulls do make the playoffs that is a team I would not want to play.

who is AP? new to PSD so i dont know which players are initialed in what way

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM

my brother had 2 ACL surgeries. This was 10 years ago though. Said after the 1st, he lost nothing. I am hopeful that Rose will return to form. If he is stronger, then watch out.

And yeah, if Rose is 95% by playoffs or so, talk about a crappy 3-6 matchup or whatever lol, for the #3 seed.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:46 PM
who is AP? new to PSD so i dont know which players are initialed in what way

Adrian Peterson, running back for the Vikings. Tore his ACL near Christmas last year, and started opening week, and dominated, 9 months later. That is freakish to recover to 100% by that time table.

Ezio
11-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Adrian Peterson, running back for the Vikings. Tore his ACL near Christmas last year, and started opening week, and dominated, 9 months later. That is freakish to recover to 100% by that time table.

I want his doctors on Rose asap.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
I want his doctors on Rose asap.

well, they are both genetic freaks. I am confident Rose will be the same explosive Rose we saw before.

Lakers4life08
11-15-2012, 09:00 PM
lakers will trade steve blake and duhon fo Rose

theSPECIALKID
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
my brother had 2 ACL surgeries. This was 10 years ago though. Said after the 1st, he lost nothing. I am hopeful that Rose will return to form. If he is stronger, then watch out.

And yeah, if Rose is 95% by playoffs or so, talk about a crappy 3-6 matchup or whatever lol, for the #3 seed.

He's never apparently ever worked on his core like he's doing right now. Dude was just going by just God given ability. IMO I think this could be the turning point in Rose's career. This is gonna make him a better player in the long run, and he's gonna be more conscious about his body in the future.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 09:38 PM
He's never apparently ever worked on his core like he's doing right now. Dude was just going by just God given ability. IMO I think this could be the turning point in Rose's career. This is gonna make him a better player in the long run, and he's gonna be more conscious about his body in the future.

I hope you're right brother. I love watching Rose, he just seems like such a good kid.

Ladies Man
11-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't know the kid personally but judging from all the games I've watched of him and the Bulls, it looks like he works really hard on his game and will probably come back almost as good as he was pre-ACL

chicago lulz
11-15-2012, 09:56 PM

I want Rose back stronger as well, but just because you said AP would come back stronger, does not mean Rose will as there is no correlation there.

Regardless, I'm hoping Rose is able to come back as his old self, if not stronger, and from what we're hearing about his rehab and all, I am confident Rose is going in the right direction.

Ni55anpat
11-15-2012, 10:03 PM
two word. adrian peterson

things will be OK

HuRRiCaNeS324
11-15-2012, 10:03 PM
i tore my ACL and i don't feel the same when i play ball... js

Ni55anpat
11-15-2012, 10:08 PM
^ LOL oh lawd

mngopher35
11-15-2012, 10:16 PM
two word. adrian peterson

things will be OK

Haha not every athlete is the same, and no one on this planet is like AP. That being said Rose seems to be an athletic freak as well and have a great work ethic. Considering that, this being his first one, and the Bulls most likely holding him out until hes for sure ready I think he will be fine. I'd guess the bulls roster will be enough to get them to the playoffs and Rose can return to form right before they start. He may not return to 100% this year, but he can probably get pretty close by the playoffs and return completely healthy next year.

rubx3
11-15-2012, 10:42 PM
Rig for Jabari Parker.

this

Kyben36
11-15-2012, 10:55 PM
REmember the days of the 2000s where the bulls had top 10 picks for like 10 years, well, thats what it would be like again, without rose, our team is IMO mediocre, maybe playoffs but nothing close to a run.

Losoway
11-15-2012, 11:30 PM
highly doubt that. derrick rose is the face of adidas. they will get him the best treatment and doctors . he will be better then ever. book mark this

MetroMan
11-15-2012, 11:48 PM
I asked the same question a while back and nearly got mauled

MetroMan
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
But yeah, Never the same

Bishnoff
11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
I just hope he comes back the same or as close to his best. The game loses too many stars to injuries.

mrblisterdundee
11-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Amnesty Carlos Boozer; give Taj Gibson a large role on the team; and use the money saved to buy a good point guard. Jose Calderon would suck defensively and score about half as much as Rose, but he'd get tons of assists running that offense.

Cubby
11-16-2012, 02:07 AM
But yeah, Never the same

Look up people nowadays with the same injury. It is not nearly as severe as it once was. Derrick now has more time to add to his game, get much stronger, and overall just get better. If he can get over the mental hurdle like AP did, he will be completely fine.

STL Don
11-16-2012, 02:16 AM
I highly doubt Rose loses much of his touch being the type of player with the work ethic he has. I know how serious his injury was but there is a handful of players in each sport that are capable of returning to form after such an injury and he is one of them.. If things go sour and he does not return to the form he had, than they obviously need to make serious changes because the team they have clearly isn't capable of making it out of the East alive.

iDefend10
11-16-2012, 02:23 AM
He'd be in the same category as Penny Hardaway, T Mac, etc. just another WHAT IF. and it would be a shame to see cause I love D Rose. but sometimes things just happen and it is what is. I hope its not, but you never know.

AddiX
11-16-2012, 02:39 AM
If he comes back and is ok, coach will probably run him into the ground again.

What did they expect would happen to him playing those kinds of minutes?

heyman321
11-16-2012, 02:40 AM
Well...... AND I COMPARE YOU TO A KISS FROM A ROSE ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Ni55anpat
11-16-2012, 02:49 AM
Haha not every athlete is the same, and no one on this planet is like AP. That being said Rose seems to be an athletic freak as well and have a great work ethic. Considering that, this being his first one, and the Bulls most likely holding him out until hes for sure ready I think he will be fine. I'd guess the bulls roster will be enough to get them to the playoffs and Rose can return to form right before they start. He may not return to 100% this year, but he can probably get pretty close by the playoffs and return completely healthy next year.

I was just stating that anything can happen. Nobody thought AP would be the sane and he's beasting

vandoc
11-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Just going back to the original post...where is Michael Redd anyways??

xxcubs22xx
11-16-2012, 06:17 AM
He'll be better. He ALREADY is better. Began cutting over a week ago. Before that he was engaged in shooting drills, sprints, box jumps, and more.

Driven by Thibs, good health and consistent production and/or improvements by players (Noah, Butler, Boozer etc) this Bulls team is still a 50 win team even without D Rose. And once playoffs roll around, LOOK OUT.

And there's no way we'd trade him for Blake and Duhon...That's just ********. Even if he were to fall off the map...

Ebbs
11-16-2012, 06:27 AM
I don't know I will be waiting to see

KB24PG16
11-16-2012, 07:22 AM
with advancements in the medical field its easier for players to recover from these injuries

thenaj17
11-16-2012, 07:36 AM

Well yeh my man AP is a beast though, can't possibly be human!

Rose isn't as strong as AP but i'm sure he'll come back full strength. I hope so at least, such a quality player.

Badluck33
11-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Bulls should probably tell the NBA they want to be part of the contraction and eliminate themselves from the NBA.

Aapox
11-16-2012, 08:04 AM
REmember the days of the 2000s where the bulls had top 10 picks for like 10 years, well, thats what it would be like again, without rose, our team is IMO mediocre, maybe playoffs but nothing close to a run.

Some of us choose to forget those days...

jp611
11-16-2012, 09:20 AM
with advancements in the medical field its easier for players to recover from these injuries

People think its 1994 still

He115ing
11-16-2012, 11:24 AM
I dont think he will be the same at any point this season. It is going to take some time for him to get used to playing the same way as he did before the injury. However, I hope he will be back to his old MVP self next season. He deserves to succeed.

AddiX
11-16-2012, 11:37 AM
Ppl forget rose was beginning to fall apart before the acl injury. His genius coach just made sure it would be more severe than it had to.

Everyone but him could see rose needed serious time off.

rapjuicer06
11-16-2012, 12:20 PM
This ACL injury was a blessing in disguise for Rose. His minutes will be lowered, first and foremost, that'll help him stay healthy. And he can now work on his game outside of his God given ability. He will learn to shoot the ball, to pass the ball. Basically learn to be more efficient. He's not going to drive to the hoop every play, take big contact and go to the line. He's going to start pulling up and shooting the ball. His explosiveness might be down a little bit, but he won't be wreckless anymore and will become a better shooter.

This injury is a blessing for Rose and he will come back a much more improved player in every aspect of the game

Cubby
11-16-2012, 01:39 PM

Shut up.

Gram
11-16-2012, 01:43 PM
They'd get Jabari Parker and in his third season Bulls fans will think he's the best player in the NBA like they did with Rose.

phi2134
11-16-2012, 01:54 PM
I am hoping he is the basketball version of AP

DeyAce
11-16-2012, 02:12 PM
He's gonna come back like AP. F' the haters

Rockice_8
11-16-2012, 02:49 PM
He's never fully the same... a la michael redd in recent memory. where do the bulls go from there?

Says the guy with the Shumpert pic? He'll be fine 1 ACL surgery isn't the end of guys careers anymore. The technology is so much better now then back in the day. Both Rose and Shump will be fine since both are young and guards.

Jarvo
11-16-2012, 07:13 PM
I hope he take his time and comeback when he is 100% and if he doesn't it's all bad for the Bulls.

Shammyguy3
11-17-2012, 02:43 AM

Ppl forget rose was beginning to fall apart before the acl injury. His genius coach just made sure it would be more severe than it had to.

Everyone but him could see rose needed serious time off.

:laugh: that's gold right there. What did 'they' expect from him playing
those minutes? A #1 seed. And Rose's career high in minutes per game was in 2010-11 at 37.4mpg which was only 14th in the league.

Superstars play a lot of minutes, deal with it. Guys that played more minutes than Rose in his career high in minutes played:

Rudy Gay, Monta Ellis, LaMarcus Aldridge, Luol Deng, Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Dorell Wright, Blake Griffin, Gerald Wallace, Deron Williams, John Wall, Eric Gordon, and Dwight Howard.

Rondo/Wade/Gasol/Evans/Iguodala/Amare round out the top 20. You obviously know nothing about Rose's health, or the situation leading up to his ACL injury.