PDA

View Full Version : Al Jefferson says he would like to return to Boston next year

spreadeagle
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
They have no money to sign him, but interesting, they could use his size. If I were a Jazz fan I might be cheezed by this statement lol

Al Jefferson is going to be a sought-after free agent this summer big men who can get you 15 points and 11.8 rebounds a game, can pass and bring a good work ethic to the locker room are not that easy to find.

Predicting where he will play next season is impossible if he gets traded mid-season it could impact his decisions, as it could if the Jazz choose to make a push to keep him.

But hed love to come back to Boston, he told A. Sherrod Blakely of CSNNE.com.

This will always be my home away from home, first place Ive been; gave me a chance when nobody else did, added Jefferson. If that (returning to Boston) ever happened, Id love to do that again. But right now, its all about taking care of business and finishing the season off right.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/15/al-jefferson-says-he-would-love-to-return-play-in-boston/

Losoway
11-15-2012, 02:20 PM
wow utah should trade him now

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 02:24 PM
Yea not sure why Milsap is always in trade talks. Trade Al Jeff. Favors is a starter and Kanter needs more minutes.

LAKERMANIA
11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
:sigh:

Bob_at_york
11-15-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't think he took it that far. He says he likes the place and that makes sense since that is where he got his start. He doesn't say he doesn't want to be in Utah.

KmB728
11-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Would love to have him back....but at what cost? Love the current roster don't want to blow it up.

HowFit
11-15-2012, 02:42 PM
Geez whiz, with Garnett?

keetyweedy
11-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Boston would be crazyy if they snagged him and got kg to returned

ZHawk1123
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Avery Bradley and Bass/Green for Al Jefferson

spreadeagle
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't think he took it that far. He says he likes the place and that makes sense since that is where he got his start. He doesn't say he doesn't want to be in Utah.

I think its safe to say he wont be back in Utah next year

keetyweedy
11-15-2012, 03:00 PM

swap avery bradley for barbaso and fab melo

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Would love to have him back....but at what cost? Love the current roster don't want to blow it up.

Jeff Green + Sully for AL Jeff?

Slug3
11-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Does anyone want to play for Utah? Seems like everyone wants out of there.

JasonJohnHorn
11-15-2012, 03:22 PM
He's just saying it would be nice to go back there. It's not like he said: I plan on signing with the Celtics in the offseason. Somebody asked him about it specifically. What is he supposed to say? Besides, he needs some leverage on his side to get a better offer out of Utah, who apparently, according to Hoopsworld, has him on the trading block already.

This isn't a big deal at all.

b_russ
11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Haha, out of context.

“I want to be in the NBA,” Jefferson said. “When both teams want me, that’s when I need to start worrying. Right now, I just want to be in the NBA, I want to be with the Utah Jazz to be honest with you. I’d love to stay in Utah. They do things the right way, kind of remind me of Boston, first class. They do everything the right way. They have to do what’s best for their team and I have to do what’s best for my family. Right now, it’s all about winning and getting back to the playoffs.

“I’ll cross that bridge when I get there. You really don’t want to think too far ahead. You have to take care of business day-by-day. If I do my part, everything will work out.”

Sorry to be the buzz kill on all your fun rumors. I wouldn't mind trading him for the right piece, but this quote is far from worrisome.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Does anyone want to play for Utah? Seems like everyone wants out of there.

I agree. I have to admit it would be pretty low on my list of destinations.

My top 4 factors would be:

Playing time, Money, location, winning.

Florida would be awesome just with the weather being nice all the time.

Swashcuff
11-15-2012, 03:25 PM
Yea not sure why Milsap is always in trade talks. Trade Al Jeff. Favors is a starter and Kanter needs more minutes.

They are even in a position where they could/could have traded both.

b_russ
11-15-2012, 03:26 PM
Also, here's this. (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsjazznotes/55285494-62/jefferson-boston-jazz-rotation.html.csp)

Boston fans' hearts were fleetingly all aflutter Wednesday after multiple local websites reported that Al Jefferson was interested in returning to Boston when free agency hits next summer.The Celtics drafted Jefferson No. 15 overall in 2004 out of Prentiss, Miss., and with many questions about the future of the Jazz frontcourt, these are questions we'll start hearing more and more.
"This will always be my home away from home," Jefferson told WEEI. "Danny Ainge gave me a chance when nobody else did. If that situation were to happen, I’d love to do that again. But right now, like I said, it’s all about taking care of business and finishing out the season right."
Of course, that was picked up by other outlets, including SLAM Online, and by the end of Wednesday, Jefferson was genuinely concerned that he had been misrepresented in his comments.
To be clear, everyone in Boston quoted Jefferson as saying both that he enjoyed his time in Boston, and that he felt he had a good situation in Utah.
Following the Jazz's 98-93 loss at TD Garden, Jefferson was unequivocal.
"Utah Jazz are my first choice," he said, "and the only way I won't be there is they don't want me there."
Jefferson is in the final year of a five-year, $65 million contract and will make $15 million this season. It remains unclear whether the Jazz will a) be able to afford Jefferson on the open market or b) opt to pursue a long-term deal given the development of young centers Derrick Favors (until he stops playing like a center, we'll call him a center) and Enes Kanter.

Tysons_Beard
11-15-2012, 03:35 PM

how is this fair at all

Swashcuff
11-15-2012, 03:49 PM
how is this fair at all

Because he's an unrestricted FA who is likely going to walk for nothing and getting one of the best perimeter defenders (a weak point on the Jazz) and a solid bench piece in Bass or Green (possible starter material) I'd say that's actually quite fair considering they are likely going to lose him for nothing.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 03:51 PM
If they could get Jeff Green and Bradley/Sullinger they'd be in nice shape. For an expiring free agent who may not return.

Mo Williams
Bradley/ Hayward
Jeff Greem/ Marv
Milsap
Favors/ Kanter

KnickNyKnick
11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
i guess if you get posterized by a team you join em?

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Because he's an unrestricted FA who is likely going to walk for nothing and getting one of the best perimeter defenders (a weak point on the Jazz) and a solid bench piece in Bass or Green (possible starter material) I'd say that's actually quite fair considering they are likely going to lose him for nothing.

Alec Burks is supposed to be a really good defender, I wonder why he isn't getting much burn this year.

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Lol Big Al isn't much of a passer though

Rivera
11-15-2012, 05:58 PM
al jeff loves boston and the fans still love al jeff when he was with the Cs, im not surprised al jeff wants to come back because he was loved in boston there a perfect match for eachother

i just dont know how boston is supposed to get him though

nothappyinut
11-16-2012, 04:37 PM
People please get it. He want to come back to Utah, understand????? Talk about taking something out of context and then someone posts the conversation on its entirety and people still ignore it. What is he going to say when a Boston reporter ask him that question. Bottom line he wants to stay in Utah the Utah front office love big al and he is our only liable front court scorer. Utah has more money the 90% of all teams next year seeing they will only have 5 or 6 players total on the payroll.

This is nothing more than a pipe dream from a comment taking completely out of context.

ewmania
11-16-2012, 05:20 PM
rondo
avery
pierce
garnett
jefferson
terry, bar, jeff green

as a knick fan and us being in the same division... I for one wouldnt want to see that lolol