PDA

View Full Version : Best chance to win MVP this season outside of Lebron.

JordansBulls
11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Best chance to win MVP this season outside of Lebron.

dh144498
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Melo or CP3.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Melo, CP3, Kobe (who's putting up careers shooting #s and 2nd in the league in scoring) and Durant.

BHF
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Andrea Bargnani

Ezio
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm gonna show love to Timmy.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Durant, Melo, Paul, Kobe

Would round my top 5 in order.

Rondo, Duncan, Dwight, Deron, Harden,

Probably be my next 5

ManningToTyree
11-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Melo right now, but his production will drop when Amare returns. So I'll go Durant

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Laundry Fields.

Baller1
11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
2. Durant
3. CP3

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 02:54 PM
HARDEN (if rockets make the playoffs)
KD
CP3
Melo (if knicks continue, which i doubt)

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 02:55 PM
im honestly surprised why Harden, the NBA leading scorer, hasn't been mentioned.

if the rockets make the playoffs, i can def see him getting some media love and mvp votes.

lakers4sho
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Kobe's going to get overlooked again

Nick O
11-15-2012, 03:24 PM
probably landry fields..

SteBO
11-15-2012, 03:28 PM
Durant...

Melo is up there so far though.

Tymathee
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
lulz Melo

Kobe is shooting .550 and 415% from 3pt with 90% ft, hes putting up stupid numbers.;

DreamShaker
11-15-2012, 03:37 PM

I can only think of one time he coulda won besides the one he has...

I'm going with CP3. Helped turned the worst franchise in sports into a legit title contender!!

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Im in Mia Bish, Um Yeah Melo and Kobe have scored more then harden so not sure where you got that. But yeah ll go with Cp3, Melo, Durant, Kobe in that order.

Nycbball08
11-15-2012, 03:57 PM
probably landry fields..

This a joke right..?lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Im in Mia Bish, Um Yeah Melo and Kobe have scored more then harden so not sure where you got that. But yeah ll go with Cp3, Melo, Durant, Kobe in that order.

oops thats right. my bad.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 04:07 PM
oops thats right. my bad.

All good. Im not that impressed with Harden yes he is great but I dont see him being an MVP canadaite.

mike44
11-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Durant or CP3. I could see Kyrie being in the conversation if the Cavs make the playoffs.

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Melo or Durant. Durant is putting up GREAT numbers and I have just been so impressed with Carmelo's transformation into a leader.

latinofire21
11-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I think if the Knicks continue. Winning and lock a 1 or 2 seed Melo will get it. Media capital of the world is not going to pick anyone other than Melo if he produces. It's melos to lose right now.

justinnum1
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
CP3 might be the favorite.

i would have it

CP3
lebron
durant

no one else i think has a legit shot

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Justin doesn't think melo has a shot :faint:

LAKERMANIA
11-15-2012, 04:25 PM
It depends imo..

If Clippers end up with the top 2 seeds in the west I'd say Chris Paul would be the favorite followed by Durant..

If the Lakers get top 2 seeds in the West and Kobe continues to average what he's averaging, I'd probably say Kobe has a great chance as well..

As of right now I'd say Chris Paul is an early favorite, followed by Durant

justinnum1
11-15-2012, 04:26 PM

its going to be between cp3 or durant

Avenged
11-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Depends on team record honestly. Melo if the Knicks continue their dominance. Chris Paul if the Clippers win the division. Durant because he'll always be in the discussion - he's that good. Kobe, maybe, same with Dwight. Depends which of those two play better AND if the Lakers end up with 1 or 2 seed like projected.

Longhornfan1234
11-15-2012, 04:27 PM

Melo has no shot. He's more overrated than Wade. And voters realize this.

Avenged
11-15-2012, 04:28 PM

I can only think of one time he coulda won besides the one he has...

I'm going with CP3. Helped turned the worst franchise in sports into a legit title contender!!

Sure but that was not all his doing, at least not for this season. Clippers have crazy depth.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 04:31 PM
:faint: Melo overrated? Not in the early going.

Longhornfan1234
11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
:faint: Melo overrated? Not in the early going.

Small sample. Try again.

ManRam
11-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Melo or Paul. I think it's gonna be hard for OKC to do better than last year, so for KD to win it he's going to have to have an unreal season. I can't see him having a season so clearly better than LeBron, or even some others.

Melo and Paul play on teams that can improve, and Melo especially has the most room for individual growth. Melo also is more clearly the best player on his team.

If the Clippers jump from the 5th seed to the top 1-2, and Paul continues to be a top 3-4 player, he's got a great chance. If the Knicks make a similar jump and Melo continues to shed some of the stigmas on him, he'll have a great chance too.

Kobe is interesting, because he's playing amazingly well - better than he has in a while - but his team is struggling and had HUGE expectations. No matter how great he is, if his team doesn't succeed, he won't win. The MVP is all about stories a lot of the time, unless there is a clear best player.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Doesn't matter we are talking about this year. Who are you to say he can't keep it up. GO back to bashing Wade.

latinofire21
11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Small sample. Try again.

Everyone has the same sample size. Stop using dumb arguments please.

DanG
11-15-2012, 04:50 PM
CP3
Durant
LeBron
Melo
Kobe

All of them have a shot

Blitzbolt
11-15-2012, 04:58 PM
CP3 is the only one who has a shot the clippers have to be number 1 in the west.

But at end of the day Lebron is not even trying and he is getting almost a triple double every night.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
No way on earth it goes to Dwight, and probably not Kobe. Durant makes sense, he has been on the cusp a few years. Melo right now is in the mix. Harden's team will be in the lottery most likely, no chance for him. Paul has a chance if the Clips get a top 2 seed as well.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
But its LeBron's to lose. He is playing on a different level then any other player in the NBA right now.

kyubi256
11-15-2012, 05:21 PM
I'd say Carmelo because he is the leader of the Knicks and if they perform like how they should, he should be a finalist in the MVP talk.

Kobe is having a phenomenal year but the Lakers aren't performing too well. Durant is always a finalist but the Thunder do not seem like their old dominant self this year which will hurt him. Harden would be a nice pick but I don't see him winning, unless the Rocket do really well (6th seed or higher). I feel if they squeak into the playoffs, he won't get enough.

CP3 is also a fantastic choice. I can see him winning it. Also don't sleep on Zach Randolph, especially with the way Memphis has played so far.

Right now I'd say the top 5 likely to win after Lebron would be, in no particular order.

1. Carmelo Anthony
2. Chris Paul
3. Zach Randolph
4. Kevin Durant
5. Kobe Bryant

Oh and special mentions to Tim Duncan, especially if he can keep up this rapid start

Avenged
11-15-2012, 05:25 PM
No way on earth it goes to Dwight, and probably not Kobe. Durant makes sense, he has been on the cusp a few years. Melo right now is in the mix. Harden's team will be in the lottery most likely, no chance for him. Paul has a chance if the Clips get a top 2 seed as well.

Why not? Individually, they have just as much of a chance as anybody since we're excluding Lebron. Team record plays a big factor in this so other than that I don't see why any of those 2 wouldn't have a chance.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Why not? Individually, they have just as much of a chance as anybody since we're excluding Lebron. Team record plays a big factor in this so other than that I don't see why any of those 2 wouldn't have a chance.

If LeBron was freezed out of the award for him leaving in free agency, Dwight should get that ten-fold for holding a team hostage, and I believe the voters would agree (he was looked at so negatively). The Lakers had so much as far as expectations, they stood no chance of exceeding them, which is what would be required for Kobe to get a real chance at it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM
question: if kobe outperforms dwight as a laker, does that mean dwight's overall rank in the nba would drop since he is considered a top 3 player in the nba?

and what would that do to kobe's rank?

JordansBulls
11-15-2012, 06:23 PM
If LeBron was freezed out of the award for him leaving in free agency, Dwight should get that ten-fold for holding a team hostage, and I believe the voters would agree (he was looked at so negatively). The Lakers had so much as far as expectations, they stood no chance of exceeding them, which is what would be required for Kobe to get a real chance at it.

You are missing the point, Lebron didn't get it because the new team he went to had 2 other guys in there prime including a top 3 player and the team won fewer games than he had while in Cleveland. Not to mention he had already won back to back MVP's without even getting to the finals. Now had the Heat had a better record than he had while in Cleveland or he hadn't won any MVP's then you can say the situation would be similar.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:59 PM
You are missing the point, Lebron didn't get it because the new team he went to had 2 other guys in there prime including a top 3 player and the team won fewer games than he had while in Cleveland. Not to mention he had already won back to back MVP's without even getting to the finals. Now had the Heat had a better record than he had while in Cleveland or he hadn't won any MVP's then you can say the situation would be similar.

LeBron was the best player in the game, on one of the top teams. He was frozen out by the media entirely.

Sooooo, Dwight or Kobe should win it? A top 2, top 5, top 12, and top 20 player on the same roster?

Be consistent bud.

JordansBulls
11-15-2012, 09:03 PM
LeBron was the best player in the game, on one of the top teams. He was frozen out by the media entirely.

Sooooo, Dwight or Kobe should win it? A top 2, top 5, top 12, and top 20 player on the same roster?

Be consistent bud.

Actually you could say Wade was the best in 2010 or even Kobe with how things ended vs Boston that year. Once game 5 happened against Boston the entire view on Lebron changed. Wade dominated the celtics that postseason, he just had a weak team to do anything against them as far as winning.

mightybosstone
11-15-2012, 09:09 PM
:facepalm: How in the hell is Melo leading in votes? He might be having career numbers, but if anyone was a clear No. 2 behind Lebron, it's definitely Durant. And Paul would actually be my third. IF Melo can stay healthy the entire season and continue to put up similar numbers, he'll be in the discussion, but he shouldn't be ahead of Durant or Paul, whose numbers will be most definitely be superior by the end of the season.

SportsFanatic10
11-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Durant or CP3

JordansBulls
11-15-2012, 09:12 PM
:facepalm: How in the hell is Melo leading in votes? He might be having career numbers, but if anyone was a clear No. 2 behind Lebron, it's definitely Durant. And Paul would actually be my third. IF Melo can stay healthy the entire season and continue to put up similar numbers, he'll be in the discussion, but he shouldn't be ahead of Durant or Paul, whose numbers will be most definitely be superior by the end of the season.

But again the Knicks were the 7th seed last year, if they get 1 or 2 he certainly will be a mvp favorite no matter what.

GREATNESS ONE
11-15-2012, 09:15 PM

Over looked? "Kobe was never the best player in any season"

Let him finish off his career and shut up all the haters and critics for good.

Vinny642
11-15-2012, 09:20 PM
Durant or Paul

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Actually you could say Wade was the best in 2010 or even Kobe with how things ended vs Boston that year. Once game 5 happened against Boston the entire view on Lebron changed. Wade dominated the celtics that postseason, he just had a weak team to do anything against them as far as winning.

No, you can't say Wade was the teams best player. The playoffs have absolutely no sway in the MVP award, the voting is done previous.

Point stands. You want to freeze out the best player in the world for leaving in free agency, then you better hold true when a player holds his team hostage and ends up on a team stacked FAR more than the Heat were LBJ's first year.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 09:23 PM

the voting wasn't made public, otherwise it would be obvious NY fans are pile driving the voting. He has been awesome the first 5 games. But, isn't this Melo's career? 20 games where you say, "damn, that dude is a top 3 player", followed by 20 games where he doesn't try on defense, stops moving the ball, chucks away, and looks like him being ranked top 20 is a stretch. He just so happened to start out with his good stretch this year.

Durant and Paul are the easy 2-3 choices. Dwight should get frozen out from the vote, Kobe with 1350 games on his knees can't possibly sustain a statistical season that would rank #1 in his career.

justinnum1
11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
the voting wasn't made public, otherwise it would be obvious NY fans are pile driving the voting. He has been awesome the first 5 games. But, isn't this Melo's career? 20 games where you say, "damn, that dude is a top 3 player", followed by 20 games where he doesn't try on defense, stops moving the ball, chucks away, and looks like him being ranked top 20 is a stretch. He just so happened to start out with his good stretch this year.

Durant and Paul are the easy 2-3 choices. Dwight should get frozen out from the vote, Kobe with 1350 games on his knees can't possibly sustain a statistical season that would rank #1 in his career.

well said. Cp3 would be in the lead so far for me. if clipper can get a top 2 seed i think he wins MVP

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 09:28 PM
If Kobe ends the season with a higher PER, win shares, and ws/48 than LeBron, barring injuries, I will sport a Kobe sig.

bucketss
11-15-2012, 09:28 PM

why did he win in 2012 than? only reason lebron didn't win was drose fooled everyone ctfu lol

LoveMeOrHateMe
11-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Guess who's back?
That's right!!!!

And may I say wow the fact Kobe is being overlooked is sad he's probably been the best/second best player in the league so far
And people aren't even mentioning records if that was the case I would understand but the excuses people are using are face palm worthy

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Guess who's back?
That's right!!!!

And may I say wow the fact Kobe is being overlooked is sad he's probably been the best/second best player in the league so far
And people aren't even mentioning records if that was the case I would understand but the excuses people are using are face palm worthy

Kobe started off hot last year as well. Like I said, if he ends up with a higher PER, win shares, and ws/48 than LeBron, I am sporting a Kobe sig.

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Cp3 and Durant hasn't been THAT good in comparison to years prior.

MintBerryCrunch
11-15-2012, 11:28 PM
If Kobe keeps his level of play to where it is now and the lakers finish top 2 in the west, it's possible .

Still think Lebron wins it though

Losoway
11-15-2012, 11:30 PM
MELO BY FAR. durant is playing very very normal so far

More-Than-Most
11-15-2012, 11:47 PM
There was another thread like this...I chose Melo and got laughed at a ridiculed. SUCK IT HATERS

Greedy22
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
CP3
Durant
Kobe(if he continues his unselfish play) :pray:

beliges
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Right now the MVP belongs to Carmelo or CP3. Even with LBJ in the mix. CP3 and Melo have been playing better. But its a looooooooong season and we got a ways to go.

Bishnoff
11-16-2012, 12:03 AM
Durant. OKC are going to win enough games, and his stats will be the closest to LeBron.

If the Knicks keep winning then Melo has a chance. CP3 is always going to be up there if healthy and the Clippers keep winning.

Cal827
11-16-2012, 12:04 AM
Chronz.

Yeah, there's no point in debating this unless Lebron goes down with an injury.

meloman1592
11-16-2012, 12:13 AM
Landry or Lin

tredigs
11-16-2012, 12:37 AM
MELO BY FAR. durant is playing very very normal so far

Hahah, sarcasm?

Melo: 23.8 pts (43% FG, 74% FT), 8.2 rbs, 1.2 ast, 0.7 blks, 0.7 stls

KD: 24.2 pts (49% FG, 89% FT), 10.3 rbs, 4.0 ast, 1.6 blks, 1.6 stls

I went ahead and bolded the better of the two in each standard category...

To me Lebron's #1 competition would be CP3. The one guy in the league who I think might be a flat better basketball player than Lebron (and everyone else) - tho' not necessarily more impactful - and has his team firing on all cylinders in the early going.

BKLYNpigeon
11-16-2012, 01:00 AM
why is Harden on that list?

BKLYNpigeon
11-16-2012, 01:03 AM
The MVP voting is stupid every season.

theres always at least 3 people deserving of the reward.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 01:07 AM
Hahah, sarcasm?

Melo: 23.8 pts (43% FG, 74% FT), 8.2 rbs, 1.2 ast, 0.7 blks, 0.7 stls

KD: 24.2 pts (49% FG, 89% FT), 10.3 rbs, 4.0 ast, 1.6 blks, 1.6 stls

I went ahead and bolded the better of the two in each standard category...

To me Lebron's #1 competition would be CP3. The one guy in the league who I think might be a flat better basketball player than Lebron (and everyone else) - tho' not necessarily more impactful - and has his team firing on all cylinders in the early going.

lol shut him up.

bucketss
11-16-2012, 01:08 AM
Right now the MVP belongs to Carmelo or CP3. Even with LBJ in the mix. CP3 and Melo have been playing better. But its a looooooooong season and we got a ways to go.

actually they haven't been playing better, lebron trumps them both in almost every statistical category. i understand melo because his team is undefeated but cp3 doesn't deserve it over lebron at this moment.

STL Don
11-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Kevin Durant.

Those 3 have the best chance, imo.

Other possibilities: Carmelo Anthony, Deron Williams, Rajon Rondo, Kobe Bryant.

At the end of the day, however, it's LeBron's award to lose.

mightybosstone
11-16-2012, 02:44 AM
But again the Knicks were the 7th seed last year, if they get 1 or 2 he certainly will be a mvp favorite no matter what.
But that's ridiculous. Last year's team missed an insane amount of time due to injuries and this team is clearly deeper and better defensively that last year. Last year's team also had to deal with the coaching drama.

Regardless, I can't imagine Melo being an MVP candidate by the end of the season. His numbers will falter or he'll get injured. He always does. And then we'll all be reminded why the guy doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same breath as guys like Lebron, Wade, Durant and Kobe.

If Kobe ends the season with a higher PER, win shares, and ws/48 than LeBron, barring injuries, I will sport a Kobe sig.
Not only do I agree with this, but I'll one up it. If Kobe tops Lebron in PER OR WS/48, I will allow Lakers fans to make a custom Kobe sig that I will sport for one full year. That's how confident I am that this will never happen for the rest of their careers. Kobe has not surpassed Lebron in either stat since 2006-2007.

I won't do Win Shares, though, because an injury could keep Lebron from posting higher totals.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 03:05 AM
But that's ridiculous. Last year's team missed an insane amount of time due to injuries and this team is clearly deeper and better defensively that last year. Last year's team also had to deal with the coaching drama.

Regardless, I can't imagine Melo being an MVP candidate by the end of the season. His numbers will falter or he'll get injured. He always does. And then we'll all be reminded why the guy doesn't deserve to be spoken in the same breath as guys like Lebron, Wade, Durant and Kobe.

Not only do I agree with this, but I'll one up it. If Kobe tops Lebron in PER OR WS/48, I will allow Lakers fans to make a custom Kobe sig that I will sport for one full year. That's how confident I am that this will never happen for the rest of their careers. Kobe has not surpassed Lebron in either stat since 2006-2007.

I won't do Win Shares, though, because an injury could keep Lebron from posting higher totals.

my original claim said barring injuries..........

Fresno
11-16-2012, 06:59 PM
Houston Rockets rookie Royce White says he is prepared to walk away from the NBA.

Speaking in an interview with ESPN's Colleen Dominguez, White said he was going to meet with general manager Daryl Morey on Monday to discuss his situation with the team.

The Rockets have said they intend to fine White for every day he remains away from the team or does not attend sessions with a therapist arranged by the team. The Houston Chronicle has reported the Rockets have no plans to trade or release White.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8640395/houston-rockets-royce-white-ready-walk-away-nba

Sad that it may go this far between his issues with the Rockets.

b@llhog24
11-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Makes sense.

Twins Fanatic
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Wasted pick.

JasonJohnHorn
11-16-2012, 07:11 PM
That's such a shame. I heard this kids really got talent. I hope they can work things out.

I love how for the video they interview a "blogger". Jesus... is this a credible source? He doesn't seem to have any more answers than any of us have? lol ESPN might as well have called me up to do that interview in the video... lol.

So Royve White lead his team in; scoring, rebounding, assists, steals and blocks? Sounds like a great talent... Houstn has to work on getting him on the court.

It's a shame an East coast team didn't draft him. Then he could bus to most of the games no problem, and maybe take some time off for west-coast trips.

mikekhelxD
11-16-2012, 07:12 PM
^Just a risky one, unless they had no idea about his anxiety.

gocubs2118
11-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Ugh, what a waste of talent. I thought he was better than this.

mikekhelxD
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Ugh, what a waste of talent. I thought he was better than this.

You might be underestimating the brain.

LTBaByyy
11-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Should have stayed at Iowa State senior year to prepare him

He rushed everything, wasn't ready for it

Fresno
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Should have stayed at Iowa State senior year to prepare him

He rushed everything, wasn't ready for it

You think another year playing college basketball would prepare him for issues that will affect him for a majority if not all of his life? :eyebrow:

He has issues he has to confront to be successful, but Houston refuses to go to the extent he feels he needs help for fear of making him appear more important than the rest of his teammates.

PleaseBeNice
11-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Later!!

Fresno
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
^Just a risky one, unless they had no idea about his anxiety.

Everyone knew about his anxiety as he was and continues to be open about it. There have been plenty of athletes and famous people with issues as bad as his but go undiagnosed and ultimately it ends up bad for them.

I dont see how the help he wants from the Rockets organization is worse than what the Cowboys are doing with Dez Bryant with a freaking security team monitoring him so he avoids going to jail again.

Would be terrible to see him actually sit out from basketball over this.

Outside of LeBron, I have never seen a 6'8 250+lb player who has as good of ballhandling passing ability as he does.

broncosfan4eva
11-16-2012, 07:44 PM
You think another year playing college basketball would prepare him for issues that will affect him for a majority if not all of his life? :eyebrow:

He has issues he has to confront to be successful, but Houston refuses to go to the extent he feels he needs help for fear of making him appear more important than the rest of his teammates.

not possibly helped him with his issues but maybe it would have helped him get a degree which he could have fallen back on if the NBA didn't work out for him because of his problems.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2012, 07:47 PM
He knew what he was getting himself into. Why bother even trying for the NBA if you're going to quit for reasons you should've already considered.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 07:48 PM
thats a bummer. He reminded me of Diaw before he got his big deal and just started getting fat and out of shape.

If your anxiety and fears of travel are that bad, the NBA is not for you.

Il Mago50
11-16-2012, 07:52 PM
CP3 should be the leader at this point...

And if he gets it...

Money for me...

Raps18-19 Champ
11-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Whoever has HCA.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 07:56 PM
****. I merged the double Royce thread with the wrong thread. My b, can't do anything about it now.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Might as well just delete the thread.

amos1er
11-16-2012, 07:58 PM
In order:

Melo
Durant
CP3
Kobe

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 08:03 PM
In order:

Melo
Durant
CP3
Kobe

Out of those 4, which one do you feel will have the hardest time sustaining their play? Btw, Melo isn't even playing as well offensively as usual, his team is just winning.

305 till I die
11-16-2012, 11:09 PM
Right now

Lebron
Melo
CP3
KD

mrblisterdundee
11-16-2012, 11:19 PM
At the current point in the season:
1. LeBron James (7-3)
2. Carmelo Anthony (6-0)
3. Chris Paul (6-2)
4. Kevin Durant (6-3)
5. Tim Duncan (7-2)
6. Deron Williams (5-2)
7. Brandon Jennings (5-2)
8. Tony Parker (7-2)
9. Rudy Gay (6-1)
10. Kemba Walker (4-3)

I feel bad about not putting someone from Memphis or San Antonio higher, but their teams' success is more based on balance rather than stars. Even if his team has lost three games, I don't think you can top LeBron James at this point. Meanwhile Kemba Walker (19 points, 5.1 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 2.9 steals per game) is having an awesome season, and the most mediocre team last season is currently sniffing the playoffs. I think they'll fall off a bit eventually, but Walker is definitely on the list right now.

Kashmir13579
11-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Why did this get merged?