PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Josh Howard to Wolves

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2012, 12:31 PM
The Minnesota Timberwolves have agreed to terms with free-agent forward Josh Howard, according to league sources.

Howard will add depth to the injury-ravaged Wolves, who lost Chase Budinger to injury earlier this week. Forward Kevin Love, guards Ricky Rubio, J.J. Barea and Brandon Roy also are sidelined with injuries.

Howard, a nine-year veteran, will receive a one-year deal for the veteran's minimum. He is expected to fly to Minnesota for his physical Thursday.

The 32-year-old forward has career averages of 14.5 points and 5.8 rebounds. He averaged 9 points and 4 rebounds for Utah last season.

Solid pick up for them.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8634948/josh-howard-agrees-terms-minnesota-timberwolves-according-sources

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Lol Minnesota T-Wolves are team 2nd chance.

Sota4Ever
11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
What?

Baller1
11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
Another solid pickup if Howard can play even half as well as you once did.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-15-2012, 01:18 PM
That means Mickael Pietrus is still out there. He's either Pacer of Buck bound. But if he wants to win for less money, he'll come to the Lakers! :pray:

NBAfan4life
11-15-2012, 05:00 PM
I was kinda hoping Minnesota would pick Pietrus up, but if to LA is even a remote possibility I'm glad Minnesota got Howard.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:02 PM
Pietrus? The guy who throws a great upfake to get his defender playing superman and flying by him, and instead of attacking the lane that his defender just gave him, waits for the guy to sail by so he can brick a 3 anyways?

No thanks

topdog
11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Uh oh... Troy Hudson is making a comeback. Stay away from Minnesota!

As for Howard, I smell a win Friday! Good pickup.

5ass
11-15-2012, 05:14 PM
Pietrus? The guy who throws a great upfake to get his defender playing superman and flying by him, and instead of attacking the lane that his defender just gave him, waits for the guy to sail by so he can brick a 3 anyways?

No thanks

haha thats true

Daunter
11-15-2012, 05:21 PM

No thanks

lmao xD so true

AddiX
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Uh oh... Troy Hudson is making a comeback. Stay away from Minnesota!

As for Howard, I smell a win Friday! Good pickup.

Troy Hudson, lol, you breaking out a name i havnt heard in awhile.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:24 PM

back when that bum was getting paid to sit on the bench with his pulled vagina, my friend was working at Lexus, and Hudson came in to get his car serviced. He told me, "I was so tempted to just get in a car, hit him, and then get out and say, "There, now you are injured pansy"".

AddiX
11-15-2012, 05:28 PM
back when that bum was getting paid to sit on the bench with his pulled vagina, my friend was working at Lexus, and Hudson came in to get his car serviced. He told me, "I was so tempted to just get in a car, hit him, and then get out and say, "There, now you are injured pansy"".

I didn't even know you guys were allowed to speak about him anymore.

It's kind of like duhon in ny, you mention his name, you get no words, just a headshake and a :facepalm:.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:29 PM
I didn't even know you guys were allowed to speak about him anymore.

It's kind of like duhon in ny, you mention his name, you get no words, just a headshake and a :facepalm:.

perrrrrty much dude. If Hudson's name comes up in a Wolves fans circle, you hear chirping, and see a bunch of dude's shaking their heads with pursed lips.

JayW_1023
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM

It took Troy long enough to shake the sleepless nights from what happened here at 0:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kvQb8SALbk

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:31 PM
It took Troy long enough to shake the sleepless nights from what happened here at 0:55

thanks a lot for that...

Rivera
11-15-2012, 05:32 PM

No thanks

:laugh: :laugh: i still love me some peaches

Chronz
11-15-2012, 05:35 PM

Which sucks because he was finally getting over this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hAn5FrFyVk

twin4life
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM
are you looking to get in trouble? Knock it off please.

Kids these days :no:

I love the pickup. Although it should be said adding another forward is this the door opening to trading D Williams?? My guess is he is gone by the deadline.

GiantsSwaGG
11-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Hawkeye you were trolling? You delete and warned yourself :p

Hawkeye15
Kids these days :no:

I love the pickup. Although it should be said adding another forward is this the door opening to trading D Williams?? My guess is he is gone by the deadline.

for what? Williams is playing himself to the end of the bench even though we are missing Love and Budinger. I guess some team may see 22 years old, #2 pick, and give it a try, but I don't know what they expect. He is quickly becoming my annual Wolves punching bag player.

Cromedome
Solid pickup!

I'm not sure why he didn't decide to play for a contender.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Hawkeye you were trolling? You delete and warned yourself :p

all of my/our posts were replies to the posts needing deletion. They go too....

GiantsSwaGG
11-15-2012, 05:41 PM
^ stay classy dude

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
Solid pickup!

I'm not sure why he didn't decide to play for a contender.

The Wolves picked him up for the minimum. Obviously no contender was calling him. Besides, when Love, Rubio, Pekovic, Barea, and later in the season Budinger get back, the Wolves are a playoff team.

GiantsSwaGG
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
all of my/our posts were replies to the posts needing deletion. They go too....

Oh cool, thought the great Hawkeye fell for the bait....

GiantsSwaGG
11-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Just imagine how good the wolves will be once Rubio, love & chase all play together

Cromedome
11-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Oh cool, thought the great Hawkeye fell for the bait....

What bait? What trolling? Seriously, are you really this sensitive?

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Just imagine how good the wolves will be once Rubio, love & chase all play together

Rubio also makes Pekovic a ton better, because of his ability to wait until the right moment to dump the ball in, versus Luke/Barea, who are never correct on timing. Barea might be the worst feed the post passer I have ever seen.

topdog
11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Anyway, do we think that Howard can produce on par with last year - 9pts. 4reb. 1ast?

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Anyway, do we think that Howard can produce on par with last year - 9pts. 4reb. 1ast?

well, I don't care about his per game numbers, he needs to hold at least a reasonable efficiency level out there, and make plays inside that passing/cutting offense we employ now. And cut down AK's minutes, we can't keep playing him 43 mpg.

twin4life
11-15-2012, 05:57 PM
for what? Williams is playing himself to the end of the bench even though we are missing Love and Budinger. I guess some team may see 22 years old, #2 pick, and give it a try, but I don't know what they expect. He is quickly becoming my annual Wolves punching bag player.

What can we get for him?? A player actually worth the almost 5 million we are paying him. JJ sits at about 4.5 million per year and Id much rather have him than Dwill at this point. I mean Cunningham is at 2 mill per year and he is outplaying Williams. Get a first round pick for him I dont care if its middle or late. There is no room for him on this team. There was no room when we drafted him. If we coulda traded that pick on draft night we would be in a much better situation IMO

NBAfan4life
11-15-2012, 06:06 PM
I think you guys are too hard on Williams. Once he starts converting a little better at the rim he will be a solid player. He also needs some work on his free throws.

Also the reason I would not mind Pietrus is because Adelman is a good enough coach to keep Pietrus inline.

topdog
11-15-2012, 06:09 PM
I think you guys are too hard on Williams. Once he starts converting a little better at the rim he will be a solid player. He also needs some work on his free throws.

Also the reason I would not mind Pietrus is because Adelman is a good enough coach to keep Pietrus inline.

Williams has become the whipping boy so sadly people will ride him until he either breaks out or leaves town. It's perplexing how much he misses in close, but I think it's a mental thing at this point.

Sota4Ever
11-15-2012, 06:11 PM
The best thing for Williams is to be traded. He needs that chip on his shoulder like he had at Arizona. Also he doesn't fit on this team at all.

twin4life
11-15-2012, 06:20 PM

I believe he can be a great player. BUT he isnt getting the minutes to gain confidence. I think that is key. But like I said before there just isnt room for him to be successful here in Minny.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:26 PM

He can't finish at the rim, can't finish off the dribble, can't shoot, and rebounds only in spurts. Its mental with him, and I really don't think him parked at the end of the bench is going to help develop him.

Again, no thanks on Pietrus. He is a chucker who doesn't make his chucks.

kyubi256
11-15-2012, 06:28 PM
Interesting signing. Hope he plays well. I like him a lot, sad he fell off so much since that dominant year in Dallas

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I think we are realizing how much better Rubio made a few of our guys (Pek and Williams specifically).

twin4life
11-15-2012, 06:34 PM
I think we are realizing how much better Rubio made a few of our guys (Pek and Williams specifically).

So once Rubio and Love are back that mean Williams is good for about 15 min per game with about 4 or 5 boards (Pek and Love dominate the glass) and a few alley oops and maybe a easy look or 2 from 10 - 15ft??? I think Cunningham can do the same. Williams needs a spot. Needs the minutes and there just is no spot for him here.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:37 PM
So once Rubio and Love are back that mean Williams is good for about 15 min per game with about 4 or 5 boards (Pek and Love dominate the glass) and a few alley oops and maybe a easy look or 2 from 10 - 15ft??? I think Cunningham can do the same. Williams needs a spot. Needs the minutes and there just is no spot for him here.

he is the youngest player on the roster. I am sure Kahn and co. will give him time to develop, versus selling short on him now. The only thing I could see is a package with him and a guard at the deadline for a good player to help us make a strong push for a better seed/longer playoff run. Otherwise, expect us to keep him.

twin4life
11-15-2012, 07:11 PM
he is the youngest player on the roster. I am sure Kahn and co. will give him time to develop, versus selling short on him now. The only thing I could see is a package with him and a guard at the deadline for a good player to help us make a strong push for a better seed/longer playoff run. Otherwise, expect us to keep him.

So he's your punching bag for the year but yet you wouldnt agree to deal him off now?? classic

twin4life
11-15-2012, 07:14 PM
He can't finish at the rim, can't finish off the dribble, can't shoot, and rebounds only in spurts. Its mental with him, and I really don't think him parked at the end of the bench is going to help develop him.

Again, no thanks on Pietrus. He is a chucker who doesn't make his chucks.

WELL LETS SIT HIM ON THE END OF THE BENCH AND WAIT FOR HIM TO DEVELOP ON HIS OWN!!!! You swing from side to side. Very confusing sir.

P Harvy
11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
I personally think we should have traded Williams awhile ago while his value was somewhat decent. Now he continues to play poorly and thats just going to decrease his value.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 07:16 PM
So he's your punching bag for the year but yet you wouldnt agree to deal him off now?? classic

I can't let emotion dictate how I would handle basketball/financial decisions. He has potential, but there is nothing that shows he is any better than last year. He is frustrating, but we can't just give up on him so quickly, especially considering his value is at an all time low. We will get virtually nothing for him, and if he turns into a serviceable player in the next 1-2 years, it shows a hastiness to the front office. If healthy, we don't need to rely on him, and can continue to bring him along. Having Roy, Kirilenko, Howard, and Cunningham next to him, versus Beasley, Randolph, and Darko, are bound to make a difference.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
WELL LETS SIT HIM ON THE END OF THE BENCH AND WAIT FOR HIM TO DEVELOP ON HIS OWN!!!! You swing from side to side. Very confusing sir.

Until he develops consistency, there is no reason to play him minutes. He can develop in practice, and Adelman will play him if he feels Williams can contribute.

Look, I am as unsatisfied as all of you with Derrick. But he is 21, came into a team with a top player ahead of him, and is now on a team that is all about making the playoffs, not developing players. He will need to develop in practice, and working with the vets.

We can not get **** for him right now. It is not smart to trade a 21 year old with his physical potential for literally nothing in our situation.

Byronicle
11-15-2012, 07:19 PM
so i guess the Wolves aren't racist after all

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 07:20 PM
so i guess the Wolves aren't racist after all

we cut Conroy, a black player to sign him :p

Sota4Ever
11-15-2012, 08:00 PM
I thought Josh Howard was white. Wtf is Kahn doing. I can't root for that guy.

topdog
11-15-2012, 10:52 PM
I thought Josh Howard was white. Wtf is Kahn doing. I can't root for that guy.

Are we sure? His first name is Josh. That's sounds pretty white to me.

If not, I'm disappointed. Kyrylo Fesenko is just sitting out there on the free agent market and we passed him up :facepalm:

Foye
11-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Are we sure? His first name is Josh. That's sounds pretty white to me.

If not, I'm disappointed. Kyrylo Fesenko is just sitting out there on the free agent market and we passed him up :facepalm:

Kahn also slept on Troy Murphy. Not a SF but having an all white roster is more important than winning ball games. :facepalm:

Oefarmy2005
11-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Some players take a while to develop, so I'd give Williams some time unless he can bring in a big catch. As far as Howard signing goes, I am not a huge fan, but it could be worse and he will definitely help much more than Conroy in the short term.

Hawkeye15
11-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Some players take a while to develop, so I'd give Williams some time unless he can bring in a big catch. As far as Howard signing goes, I am not a huge fan, but it could be worse and he will definitely help much more than Conroy in the short term.

I will say, remember it took Love until year 3 to figure out how to get his shot off down low. Of course, he also created a ton of easy ones on the offensive glass and was a foul drawing machine, but the point stands.

Gritz
11-16-2012, 04:51 PM
He sucks