PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 12:28 PM
How do u feel about them? I think they are boring the whole brooklyn aura is being forced to people. Nothing about them says bklyn to me other then their jerseys. The only person that has any bklyn history is Hov and he owns 1% of the team. I went to a game because i had a free ticket those bklyn chants where so lame felt liek they trying to make it a Biggie concert. Just my thoughts

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
What is the point of this thread? To try and bash them?

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
just want to see how others feel on here. That are not Net fans. I live in Bk coney island.

asandhu23
11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
stop trolling.

knicks=love
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
in before close

GeekInThePink
11-15-2012, 12:46 PM
How do u feel about them? I think they are boring the whole brooklyn aura is being forced to people. Nothing about them says bklyn to me other then their jerseys. The only person that has any bklyn history is Hov and he owns 1% of the team. I went to a game because i had a free ticket those bklyn chants where so lame felt liek they trying to make it a Biggie concert. Just my thoughts

wen u typ threds lke dis. it make hard to read and u troll.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
No need for this to be a topic. Threads like this generally lead to no good.

Having said that, I was completely underwhelmed by the Barclay's Center. The outside was cool, the inside was so plain.

BBallfan8
11-15-2012, 01:06 PM
They try too hard to seem hip and cool... which in turn makes them not so cool.

As a Brooklynite it also irritates me a little how hard they push the whole "Brooklyn" brand, I don't dislike the Nets but a lot of what they do seems forced to me. They wanted to take NYC by storm after being such an underwhelming franchise for decades, and I just don't see the type of buzz they were talking up all offseason.

Rockice_8
11-15-2012, 01:11 PM

So since only Jay-Z has any Brooklyn ties they can't move to Brooklyn. :eyebrow: Forced on people? Typical Knicks fan. They are trying to get some hype around a new team of coarse they are going to pushing the name around. You'd be a disgraceful marketer and not be doing your job if you didn't see Brooklyn stuff everywhere.

Let it go Knicks fans you still run the city and have a good team let the Nets do they're thing.

mlisica19
11-15-2012, 01:12 PM

Nothing feels Brooklyn to you? Lol they are located in brooklyn and there team name is brooklyn. Idk how much more you want a first year team to be brooklyn?

When I think NY, Brooklyn Basketball. I think tough basketball players. Now this team seems to have a ways to go before they can fully mesh but Deron williams and Brook Lopez are tough players in their position. Deron is the only PG I ever see go through defenders the way he does, And Brook Lopez is said by many Including Shaq to be a true American Center. An American Style... not that Dwight Howard style where its more spinning and pick and rolls and euro style.

They have a way to go...

I like the idea of a mascot, but they did it terribly. So corny
The chants? Have no idea, but if it reminds you of a biggie concert it makes sense lol. Its BK
The uniforms are classy, so im cool with it

Nycbball08
11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
As a Knick fan I think it's good to have another team in New York... Texas has like 3, Spurs, Rockets, Maverics and LA has Lakers, Clips and kings..

knicks=love
11-15-2012, 01:17 PM
As a Knick fan I think it's good to have another team in New York... Texas has like 3, Spurs, Rockets, Maverics and LA has Lakers, Clips and kings..

the LA kings are hockey..

Nycbball08
11-15-2012, 01:21 PM
the LA kings are hockey..

Ok so wait, the Sacramento Kings is not in California ..?? When I said LA I meant California..

knicks=love
11-15-2012, 01:27 PM
Ok so wait, the Sacramento Kings is not in California ..?? When I said LA I meant California..

is sacramento in LA? there's my point.

Hustla23
11-15-2012, 01:29 PM
I honestly forgot there was another team here in my own city. That's how underwhelming this whole venture has been. They should have just stayed in New Jersey.

Biskadee
11-15-2012, 01:31 PM
Great quote from the OP in a different thread:

"Its simple if u make lebron a avg athlete like Melo is he better no chance. Not saying Melo is better then Lebron just more skilled big diffrence"

BBallfan8
11-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I honestly forgot there was another team here in my own city. That's how underwhelming this whole venture has been. They should have just stayed in New Jersey.

All the hype they were predicting was just a bunch of noise... I live 15 minutes away and I also forgot about them.

ManningToTyree
11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
What a pointless thread.

VinceCarter
11-15-2012, 01:51 PM
wen u typ threds lke dis. it make hard to read and u troll.

Dis :cool:

Chill_Will_24
11-15-2012, 01:51 PM

If you meant California then why did you not mention the Warriors?

ee
11-15-2012, 01:57 PM

If u mean california, then warriors should be included...thats 4 overall teams in california...

Edit: same as the post above me

netsgiantsyanks
11-15-2012, 02:10 PM

they would be possibly the worst team in the nba if they stayed in jersey, deron would be in dallas.

BBallfan8
11-15-2012, 02:38 PM
they would be possibly the worst team in the nba if they stayed in jersey, deron would be in dallas.

They also would have taken a different approach to building a team and would not have went star chasing. They would have guys like Favors and Lillard and would arguably have more potential for the future than they do with johnson and wallace.

netsgiantsyanks
11-15-2012, 03:02 PM
^yup.

Jetsguy
11-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Dis :cool:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Your sig...have not seen that before

bigbeardaboss
11-15-2012, 03:20 PM
To me you alienate potential fan base when you represent a Borough or town instead of a City. Imagine if theYankees put Bronx on their jerseys instead of NY or what if the Knicks were the Manhattan Knicks what message does that give to people in Queens?

Real short sightedness in my opinion. Who wants a borough when they can have a city?

NYYCowboys
11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Too bad DMF is banned. I woulda love to seen him and the OP go at it. The biggest Knicks troll vs. the biggest Nets troll.

Tysons_Beard
the nets suck obviously:D:D:D:D:D

inb4 :cool:

Swashcuff
Had Melo been a member of the Nets instead of the Knicks he'd be a Nets fan with idiotic comments that would make Domefavors look like a rational poster. :pity:

LongIslandIcedZ
11-15-2012, 03:40 PM
I thought going into the season that the Nets were being severely overrated, I thought people were crazy thinking they were going into the season better than the Knicks. That still remains to be seen, but I think the Knicks are better. I also think the stadium is kind of underwhelming. I hated the commute from the Upper East Side, and leaving is a complete madhouse. Kind of boring for a brand new arena, nothing that really sets it apart, although I would like to see the 40-40 Club in there.

Having said all that, its been like 5 games. Lets give them a few more games before we say they should have stayed in NJ. Moving to Brooklyn was 100% the correct move. They are infinitely more popular then they were. Lets give them a few seasons before we write off this move to Brooklyn.

Matrix3132
11-15-2012, 03:53 PM
The season is early but brooklyn currently has the 4th best record in the east. It's hard to hate on that. I'm pretty sure they're doing as good as any team in history that has relocated to a new city.

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Nets start playing well after DMF gets banned

:laugh::silly:

ee
11-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Brooklyn move makes so much sense coz it's so close to NJ that it's enough to have fanbase in both jersey and brooklyn.....unlike the sonics or grizzlies who moved so far, they lost their old fans......moving to a bigger market so close from their old ****** location is the best move a team can do....

naps
11-15-2012, 04:27 PM

Lopez > Melo ;)

NYJ - NYY
11-15-2012, 04:34 PM
who gives a **** about the nets until we play them dudes...

C_Mund
11-15-2012, 04:47 PM
They try too hard to seem hip and cool... which in turn makes them not so cool.

As a Brooklynite it also irritates me a little how hard they push the whole "Brooklyn" brand, I don't dislike the Nets but a lot of what they do seems forced to me. They wanted to take NYC by storm after being such an underwhelming franchise for decades, and I just don't see the type of buzz they were talking up all offseason.

...as opposed to trying super hard to seem NOT cool, which is, in effect, extremely cool.

What a world we live in.

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 04:48 PM
not trolling its the truth. Did some1 just call Lopez tough lol. Shaq says to put down dwight howard if u didnt know that he confuses brook n robin lopez

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 04:49 PM

he got banned?

Punk
11-15-2012, 05:14 PM
I'm not understanding the logic here? The home games are 96% filled to capacity. 18th in attendance after 6 games compared to 30th in New Jersey for the last 3/4 years. Tonight is their first home game against a marquee franchise/team, the merchandise has been sold out since it's came out, everyone is wearing the fitted hats, snapbacks, the marketing campaign worked.

The YES Network ratings are the highest since 2001 which is credited to the 2.5 million households in Brooklyn and fans in NJ who are now interested in the franchise.

They are 4-2 with injuries, average 60ppg in first halfs and only weakness is maintaining leads and keeping up defensive intensity after they go up by 20. They haven't hit stride yet.

How is it forced? It only feels that way because it happened so sudden and fast but it's certainly not forced or a failure. Nobody is used to having a 2nd NBA franchise in NYC.

People so far seem equally happy for both teams start. Knick regular courtside celebs like CC, Victor Cruz, Chris Rock were at the last home game against Cleveland. So, they are going to receive the same attention as NYK long as they have stars and good.

dtmagnet
11-15-2012, 05:35 PM
The Brooklyn Knight is incredibly dumb.

King Drew
11-15-2012, 05:35 PM

u forgot warriors in la lol

WAYNEBO
11-15-2012, 05:37 PM
Doubt very highly PSD banned the #1 Troll.. that kid is truly missing some marbles, so some mentally disabled rights group would be calling.

BigBlueCrew
11-15-2012, 05:39 PM

well the badass got what he wanted :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

smith&wesson
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
love everything about the brooklyn nets.

1. love that they are out of nj
2. love the stadium
3. love the jerseys
4. cant say i love the team because im a raptor fan but they have a pretty good team for a new team and i like watching them.

the nj nets becamse soo stale after kidd & carter left years ago. this is a fresh new start for the nets and nets fans have a reason to be excited again.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Aside from the arena, I agree with all of this

Spurred1
11-15-2012, 06:33 PM
u forgot warriors in la lol

The Warriors play in Oakland, not L.A. But point taken.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
11-15-2012, 06:35 PM
I don't understand where some of you are coming from? I have been born and raised in NJ and still reside, therefore I wouldn't know what everyday life would be living in Manhattan and Brooklyn. It sounds to me everything that is being "complained" about is from a culture standpoint and quite honestly from a fans view, the move brings more popularity from media, as well as a bigger fan base (merchandise, tickets, tv ratings). The move to Brooklyn and the roster moves made this team relevant again. That is all I can ask for is a team that can compete every year in the playoffs.

BradHolt4CYoung
11-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Why would anyone think this thread would be closed?

This is the NBA forum...mods dont so **** when the weekly Nets bashing thread appears.

Gritz
11-15-2012, 07:09 PM
They suck

knicks=love
11-15-2012, 08:51 PM
:laugh2: this is still open

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Nets are crap :dance:

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 09:01 PM
Nawww.

Chill_Will_24
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
They also would have taken a different approach to building a team and would not have went star chasing. They would have guys like Favors and Lillard and would arguably have more potential for the future than they do with johnson and wallace.

I hope you are not a Knicks fan because that "star chasing" comment would be funny coming from you

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 09:41 PM
how did this stay open after post 1? I just opened this thread.

Stop with this **** please.