PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy lin says: People critizes him because of his race

Losoway
11-15-2012, 12:14 PM
"I honestly feel it's part of the underlying issue of race in American society … of being an Asian-American.
"I haven't figured it out. I haven't wrapped my head around it. But it's something I'm thinking about." - lin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--after-disappointing-breakup-with-knicks--jeremy-lin-building-a-better-relationship-with-rockets-14461809.html

do u agree or disagree?

i personally disagree and feel its a weak attempt at yet another excuse from lin. him being asian is the main reason he even got popular

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:19 PM
hmm.. WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER US CHINESE PEOPRE BUIRD CITY WARR, MONGORIANS BREAK IT?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVCor_HJJSE

javsvt
11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh stop Jeremy, Houston showed you love in the form of $20mil+. Who cares what people feel, show them that you deserve that contract, and people will start respecting you.

mightybosstone
11-15-2012, 12:26 PM
This thread is an overreaction and will undoubtedly lead to 100 posts of people ripping the kid. Regardless of what he said, people in New York completely turned on him overnight and he has a right to feel a tad offended by how quickly his fans turned on him.

Do I necessarily think his race is the reason people were so critical of him after he left New York? No. But it also isn't far fetched to think that if his race made him an instant star that it could also lead him to be instantly criticized when something goes wrong.

sep11ie
11-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Oooh, Jeremy, you cray cray.

asandhu23
11-15-2012, 12:32 PM
The NBA media whored the **** out of him.

Knowledge
11-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Another black guy playing the race card. . . . . Oh wait he ain't black? Other minorities complain about stuff like this too? Who would have known.

Honestly though, most of the lin criticism comes from people, and he himself, thinking he is better than he is. He over-performed during the linsanity stretch of games last year and is being held to standard he probably won't reach.

AI
11-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Race? Please, earn your contract kid. It has not nothing to do with race, just a pathetic excuse on his part due to how bad he has been playing. Being asian is one of the biggest reasons why he is known today, people embraced him, so he needs to man up.

Twins Fanatic
11-15-2012, 12:41 PM
People criticize him because he sucks balls.

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
everybody can use race as an excuse but white people apparently

NYY 26 to 7
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
Too early to turn to the race card. That is really not a good idea. Has he possibly considered that right now he just isn't playing well. How about you just work harder and turn it around. I don't like when guys pull this stuff out. You were insanely popular had a crazy highly publicized run and departure for big money so naysayers are going to celebrate your failures you need to be able to turn those into successes and shut them up. Not talk about the underlying racial issues in society - just perform.

Gibby23
11-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Whatever, he also got all overhyped and a lot of money because he is Asian-American.

asandhu23
11-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Another black guy playing the race card. . . . . Oh wait he ain't black? Other minorities complain about stuff like this too? Who would have known.

Honestly though, most of the lin criticism comes from people, and he himself, thinking he is better than he is. He over-performed during the linsanity stretch of games last year and is being held to standard he probably won't reach.

White people use the race card all the time.

"OMG, WE CAN'T GET INTO COLLEGES BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION." sure, there are legitimate cases of this but you are pulling a race card.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM
A gigantic part of the Linsanity craze stemmed from the fact that he was Asian. I dont think anyone would dispute that. If he were black, it would be a cool story, but it would not be "Linsanity."

C_Mund
11-15-2012, 12:55 PM

"OMG, WE CAN'T GET INTO COLLEGES BECAUSE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION." sure, there are legitimate cases of this but you are pulling a race card.

I find the people that use race as an excuse are usually the ones that use it to judge others as well. Level-headed people can see that racism definitely exists in a million forms but looking at things objectively usually helps one avoid the pitfalls.

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 12:56 PM

I really don't know how often that is discussed seeing that im not in college anymore but definitely didn't hear that one time when I was at school but idc anyways just hate when people bring race to the attention when there is no need to is all

Tony_Starks
11-15-2012, 12:57 PM
I didn't hear him complaining about race when it helped him cash out because Houston wanted to attract the asian market. Give me a break, he's playing like hot garbage. It's not his fault because he's really not a starter but to play the race card? Whatever man just say "Im really not that good!"

asandhu23
11-15-2012, 01:01 PM
I really don't know how often that is discussed seeing that im not in college anymore but definitely didn't hear that one time when I was at school but idc anyways just hate when people bring race to the attention when there is no need to is all

i am talking in general.

tripleplay2007
11-15-2012, 01:07 PM
I honestly think that if Lin was a white or black player he would be riding the bench. The reason the Rockets gave him such a huge deal is because the Asian population in Houston is the largest in the United States. They knew he would sell just like Yao Ming.

Lin is shooting 35% from the field which is awful. 6 APG for a PG is pretty ******, and on top of all that I think he's slow and not very athletic. The only thing he has going for him is a few pounds that he'll have on some of the leagues smaller PG's.

He sucks.

koberulesall
11-15-2012, 01:09 PM
he has got it backwords, he is bitter for being asian so he hates everyone else around him, but not much to report or care about here nobody is going to know who he is in 2 years or less

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 01:16 PM
I agree this is a ****** excuse. Linsanity wouldn't have been as huge if he wasn't Asian. However now he's made a name as a player and people are on his butt due to a slow start not his race.

ManningToTyree
11-15-2012, 01:20 PM
This thread is an overreaction and will undoubtedly lead to 100 posts of people ripping the kid. Regardless of what he said, people in New York completely turned on him overnight and he has a right to feel a tad offended by how quickly his fans turned on him.

Do I necessarily think his race is the reason people were so critical of him after he left New York? No. But it also isn't far fetched to think that if his race made him an instant star that it could also lead him to be instantly criticized when something goes wrong.

New York turned on him because he turned on New York. He lost fans because he left plain and simple. Race didn't play a role.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-15-2012, 01:21 PM
I can already tell Ms. Lin will be a diva for the rest of her career.

The goods
11-15-2012, 01:24 PM
A gigantic part of the Linsanity craze stemmed from the fact that he was Asian. I dont think anyone would dispute that. If he were black, it would be a cool story, but it would not be "Linsanity."

Exactly, oooo your race gets you criticized? Well your race also got you 20 million dollars so shut the **** up!!

King-Wade
11-15-2012, 01:39 PM
i dont criticize him because he's asian. i criticize him because he's simply not a good basketball player...

topdog
11-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Sorry the link has a 30 second commercial, but it's worth it (SNL Linsanity):

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/IvE1wJ4vsYm/Cold+Opening+Linsanity+Postgame/Saturday+Night+Live

LAKobeBryant
11-15-2012, 01:43 PM
His race is what got him all the fame and hype about linsanity. I'm not racist I'm Asian

GiantsSwaGG
11-15-2012, 01:44 PM
First it's his knees, now it's his race....what's next your d**k?

ewing
11-15-2012, 01:50 PM
"I honestly feel it's part of the underlying issue of race in American society … of being an Asian-American.
"I haven't figured it out. I haven't wrapped my head around it. But it's something I'm thinking about." - lin

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--after-disappointing-breakup-with-knicks--jeremy-lin-building-a-better-relationship-with-rockets-14461809.html

do u agree or disagree?

i personally disagree and feel its a weak attempt at yet another excuse from lin. him being asian is the main reason he even got popular

What are all his other excuses? and what is he making excuses for?

sp1derm00
11-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Wow, I can't believe he said that. His criticism comes from his hype, which came from him being Asian.

If anyone was as hyped up as he was, and then came in and performed the way he has this season, people would criticize that player.

Hell, Ramon Sessions has received almost no attention this season and he's quietly putting up a solid season coming off the bench.

If Ramon Sessions were given the green light the way Jeremy Lin was last season, he would probably have been able to put up similar numbers.

topdog
11-15-2012, 01:54 PM
From the article:

Over and over, Lin insists that so much of the basketball criticism had been justified – yes, he turned the ball over far too much, he says – but Lin had always considered himself a work in progress, far from polished, and he assuredly insists that he never compared himself with the game's elite.

That's sort of being part of a New York franchise though. He also says this:

Of the open criticism on his free-agent windfall, Lin told Y! Sports: "I was a little surprised, but I wasn't shocked. I honestly feel it's part of the underlying issue of race in American society … of being an Asian-American.

This part sounds ridiculous to me. I know there may be some racial undertones and some certain people may come at it that way, but the contract was just ridiculous to just about anyone outside of New York. D'Antoni helped make Linsanity. As for the hype, it wasn't because he was Asian but because he was a Harvard nobody who had been cut twice and suddenly put up historic numbers.

HesterJordan23
11-15-2012, 01:59 PM
Lin helped all the asian american's where i live want to play basketball more and act like they can ball up. He was a one trick pony and now he has fell back down to earth. He shouldnt blame anything on race though. Everyone likes to pull the fast one and say they got screwed how about you play harder and people respect you? it is just a thought

GiantsSwaGG
11-15-2012, 02:02 PM
I can already tell Ms. Lin will be a diva for the rest of her career.

You're not Stephen A Smith so stop it

PleaseBeNice
11-15-2012, 02:13 PM
being asian was the only reason you became popular mr rin. so just hush. man i hate when people pull the race card

VillaMaravilla
11-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Glad we have Felton

knickerbockerny
11-15-2012, 02:31 PM

This is epic right here!!!!

Mr.SmackYoMama
11-15-2012, 02:35 PM
He SUCKS!!!!!!!!! Sorry but race has nothing to do with you being a crappy overpaid player. He jumped ship and thats why NY fans 5HITTED ON HIM. He deserved evrything he got except for that ridiculous contract. He didn't complain that his endorsement deals were prob because he's Asian. Stop making excuses and go practice some more.

KnickaBocka.44
11-15-2012, 02:38 PM
This is ridiculous. I have never met someone who is actually prejudiced against Asians, especially Asian-Americans born in the states. Yeah, people native to Asian countries get mocked because of their accent and the way they speak the english language, but American born people of Asian decent don't even get poked fun at for anything more than being great at science and math.

FriedTofuz
11-15-2012, 02:40 PM

exactly, but leading the knicks to multiple games, a 10 game winning streak, right? that was more impressive. he was some nobody who was rotting on the bench. but I aggree, if it was just some 4th string pg ( which he was) and just started getting the knicks a 10 game winning streak and putting up MVP numbers, He would be getting attention only in the NBA. BUt because hes asian, everyone knew of him, and no one can dispute it.

Hellcrooner
11-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Race?

More like the result of burning bridges with such a LARGE market with loyal fans all around the world as N.Y

benzni
11-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Linsanity. Prove them haters wrong.

And it was also blown out of proportion because he came from Harvard. Not all was from race

BcEuAbRsS
11-15-2012, 02:55 PM
The ironic thing is that race had a big reason on why he got so popular.

alexander_37
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
If he were black or even white, would he have gotten overlooked in the draft?

I am not saying he goes round 1. But he probably gets drafted.

FOBolous
11-15-2012, 03:00 PM
as an Asian, I can tell you asians getopenly picked on more by every other race due to the stereotype that asians are passive therefore we're easy to pick on. I experienced it as a kid, seen it happen to others in high school, and I still experience it some time when I play pick up baskerball. I mean...thonk about it...you hear people say "ching chong ching" a lot more often than the n word or wetback.

KNICKS R BACK
11-15-2012, 03:07 PM

you act like everybody in new york liked him to begin with...me personally i never liked him...the kid is butthurt because he's asian well i would be butthurt if i was asian too...but the reason people dont like him is because he sucks and hes overrated yet he gets all this attention like he's the best player in the league (see tebow)...the new york fans that did like him, dont like him now because he weaseled his way out of new york and didnt want to be here...that has nothing to do with him being asian

topdog
11-15-2012, 03:21 PM
as an Asian, I can tell you asians getopenly picked on more by every other race due to the stereotype that asians are passive therefore we're easy to pick on. I experienced it as a kid, seen it happen to others in high school, and I still experience it some time when I play pick up baskerball. I mean...thonk about it...you hear people say "ching chong ching" a lot more often than the n word or wetback.

There are a lot of stereotypes out there still for every race. An Asian kid in grade school tried to make fun of me for being white (I just ignored him). Is that ironic or just the reality of some certain people in general being ignorant/douches?

Tymathee
11-15-2012, 03:33 PM
No...its cuz you're not so good outside of mike d'antoni coaching you.

then again, i'm black, i have no idea how the other races see asians, i just know they can't drive.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Lin turned his back on ny.. Sad some people still believe that. And when u see people turn on u because of the attention ur getting race plays a role. Players calling u overpaid from ur own team tells u all u need to know

Tysons_Beard
11-15-2012, 03:43 PM
everyone faces race issues, at least hes making a ****load of money

KNICKS R BACK
11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
Lin turned his back on ny.. Sad some people still believe that. And when u see people turn on u because of the attention ur getting race plays a role. Players calling u overpaid from ur own team tells u all u need to know

are you trying to say he didnt get overpaid?

KNICKS R BACK
11-15-2012, 04:06 PM
and he DID weasel his way out of new york, he didnt want to be here...the knicks were going to match the original offer, he could of told dolan right then and there "listen im going to go back to the rockets to try to get some more money"...he didnt, he did it behind the knicks back like a sneaky little weasel because he wanted to piss the knicks off so they didnt match it

NYKINFL
11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
and he DID weasel his way out of new york, he didnt want to be here...the knicks were going to match the original offer, he could of told dolan right then and there "listen im going to go back to the rockets to try to get some more money"...he didnt, he did it behind the knicks back like a sneaky little weasel because he wanted to piss the knicks off so they didnt match it

Thank you!, I don't get how some knick fans act like he never did anything wrong. He agreed to to a contract then secretly flies into vegas mind you while both dolan and grunwald were there at summer league and signs another contract and didn't say a thing. After that there was no way he could be brought back, and im glad the knicks didn't match! Because for one if he played this bad they would blamed it on melo and it would have turned into a disaster.

Longhornfan1234
11-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Lin has the lib mentality. Libs love to play the race card, it's pathetic.

topdog
11-15-2012, 04:52 PM

:bs: The Knicks could have just simply made him an offer. Instead, they said "Go out and get the contract you want and we'll match." I don't know how you can blame Lin for whatever happened after that.

alexander_37
11-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Considering the knicks claimed they would " match up to a Billion dollars!"

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 05:03 PM
I disagree. I think its because of his contract. I still root for him and think he will be fine.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:04 PM
the media blew him up to a level rarely seen in athletes, out of nowhere. Apparently Lin doesn't understand the consequences of being famous yet....

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
I disagree. I think its because of his contract. I still root for him and think he will be fine.

its cause he can't go left :p

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 05:07 PM
No, its because you suck. 6 turnovers isn't worth bragging about.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 05:09 PM
No he doesnt suck

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
its cause he can't go left :p

That could be part of it. Good thing he can go right :p

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 05:12 PM
No he doesnt suck

You still buthurt from letting him go? He is averaging about 3 TOs, 11 points, and 6 assists. He isnt that good.

AddiX
11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
I really don't know how much race plays in this. I think its somewhere in the middle tbh.

I've never seen a player who did so much for a team get the amt of hate he got, I've never seen so many fanscompletely destroy a players accomplishments over one game ( Mia). That's crazy.

Never heard of other players calling another player overpaid either. he also doesn't sniff that contract if he's not Chinese, so i dont know. There's def a race issue, I just don't know how big It is. The same ppl who try to dumb down his accomplishment still swaet guys like mayo, josh smith, tyreke evans, and long list of overrated bums, these guys get put on a pedestal around here. But Lin gas accomplished way more in just a few games.

The media didn't blow him up, he wasn't overhyped for his race, he caused it by what he did on the court. What he did in ny was special, never seen before anywhere. Ppl need to stop trying to take that away from him.

His race made ppl pay attention quicker, but that had nothingnto do w what he did n the court, I'm tired of ppl trying to act like it was no big deal, because quite frankly, linsanity was awesome.

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 05:13 PM
And he basically only passes it to James Harden. He airballed the clutch 3 in that last game, wide open.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
He is stil young. He isn't playing greta right now but he doesn't suck. Oh my god he airballed a clutch sot he must be terrible. It was one shot man, he isnt a bad ball player.

Blitzace137
11-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Of course race plays a factor gtfo if you don't think so. Lin was a winner his whole career and won a ship with his high school team not even one d1 team gave him a second look. Yes Linsanity partly was due to his race but this kid was breaking records period numbers speak for themselves. It's like tiger woods yes he might be the best golfer of all time but a lot of the extra attention he gets is due to him being black IMO. It's different something people are not accustomed too with both Lins and tigers case that's why they get so much attention.

People's been hating on Lin before the contract they just use the contract now to justify their hate.

MagicBucsSox
11-15-2012, 05:40 PM

They do when it come to rap so stop that

Blitzace137
11-15-2012, 05:42 PM
He is stil young. He isn't playing greta right now but he doesn't suck. Oh my god he airballed a clutch sot he must be terrible. It was one shot man, he isnt a bad ball player.

Jeremy Lin will be fine he's a hard worker he'll figure it out. I find it strange how so many knick fans can root against this guy after what he did for us last season.

xxplayerxx23
11-15-2012, 05:45 PM
Jeremy Lin will be fine he's a hard worker he'll figure it out. I find it strange how so many knick fans can root against this guy after what he did for us last season.

He was a good story but I can see why Knick fans will root against him. I still like the guy a lot.

SouthSideRookie
11-15-2012, 05:51 PM
you act like everybody in new york liked him to begin with...me personally i never liked him...the kid is butthurt because he's asian well i would be butthurt if i was asian too...but the reason people dont like him is because he sucks and hes overrated yet he gets all this attention like he's the best player in the league (see tebow)...the new york fans that did like him, dont like him now because he weaseled his way out of new york and didnt want to be here...that has nothing to do with him being asian

You know perfectly well this is a common thing in NY, every year. Having said that, Lin and the coaches need to figure out how to integrate him in to the offense.

Max.This
11-15-2012, 06:12 PM
There is racism all over, including basketball. People act like the stuff he's saying isn't true. It might not be true in every case, but its true even to the point of how he got famous. If he was any other race, what he did or is doing now wouldn't matter. He needs to understand that people are going to judge no matter what you do based on your complexion and deal with it

Alayla
11-15-2012, 06:37 PM
No thats not it at all lin. see unlike people in asia westerners are not xenophobic. At least not on a mass scale. Our problem is how you blew up in popularity over such mediocre play.

Kashmir13579
11-15-2012, 06:40 PM
And in my opinion he is 100% right.

Trueblue2
11-15-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure I believe him, but people in America are a lot more open to making racist comments toward Asian people than any other race.

Case in Point:
hmm.. WHY IS IT THAT WHENEVER US CHINESE PEOPRE BUIRD CITY WARR, MONGORIANS BREAK IT?

nycericanguy
11-15-2012, 06:47 PM
I really don't know how much race plays in this. I think its somewhere in the middle tbh.

I've never seen a player who did so much for a team get the amt of hate he got, I've never seen so many fanscompletely destroy a players accomplishments over one game ( Mia). That's crazy.

Never heard of other players calling another player overpaid either. he also doesn't sniff that contract if he's not Chinese, so i dont know. There's def a race issue, I just don't know how big It is. The same ppl who try to dumb down his accomplishment still swaet guys like mayo, josh smith, tyreke evans, and long list of overrated bums, these guys get put on a pedestal around here. But Lin gas accomplished way more in just a few games.

The media didn't blow him up, he wasn't overhyped for his race, he caused it by what he did on the court. What he did in ny was special, never seen before anywhere. Ppl need to stop trying to take that away from him.

His race made ppl pay attention quicker, but that had nothingnto do w what he did n the court, I'm tired of ppl trying to act like it was no big deal, because quite frankly, linsanity was awesome.

Lebron James says Hi.

asandhu23
11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Chamberlain says hi too.

StarvingKnick22
11-15-2012, 07:02 PM

I hope you are trolling.

Max.This
11-15-2012, 07:04 PM
People are mixing up what the media portrays him as and what his actual demeanor is

tripleplay2007
11-15-2012, 07:13 PM
People are mixing up what the media portrays him as and what his actual demeanor is

I think this is really true to an extent.

Really reminds me a lot of Tim Tebow at the same time, you have to wonder if these guys want the attention they are getting.

But on the other hand Lin has a huge contract that he signed. If he doesn't think he can handle the pressure and live up to it he should ask to be opted out. The public eye and words come once you make money like that.

Alayla
11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
I'm not sure I believe him, but people in America are a lot more open to making racist comments toward Asian people than any other race.

Case in Point:

Part of that might be the way Asians react to westerners anyways that kind of thing is allways a 2 way street

RLundi
11-15-2012, 07:57 PM
Lol it's because he's junk.

bagwell368
11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
Unreal. Shut and earn your money or admit you suck.

ccg34
11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
What Lin said was true. I can definitely relate to him. I was a Filipino American military kid. I moved around a lot. I would start myself on the bench then when they saw I could play during garbage time and blowouts, I'd get playing time. This happened 5-6 times when joining a new basketball team. I kept having to prove myself every time I went to a new basketball team. People are ignorant and stereotype others based on skin. I've been called Chinese freak and chink by opposing teams and fans. Racism is still alive unfortunately.

roshan3ai
11-15-2012, 08:35 PM
Part of that might be the way Asians react to westerners anyways that kind of thing is allways a 2 way street
2.5 this year. Nice try though.

kingsdelez24
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
No, they criticize you because you're garbage

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
:bs: The Knicks could have just simply made him an offer. Instead, they said "Go out and get the contract you want and we'll match." I don't know how you can blame Lin for whatever happened after that.

Exactly.. They tried to lowball him n it backfired. Enter Felton discounted. All the other stuff is propaganda sold to the sheep. NOVAK is overpaid and nobody complains cuz it's fun to scream novakaine and discount double check

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-15-2012, 08:45 PM
What Lin said was true. I can definitely relate to him. I was a Filipino American military kid. I moved around a lot. I would start myself on the bench then when they saw I could play during garbage time and blowouts, I'd get playing time. This happened 5-6 times when joining a new basketball team. I kept having to prove myself every time I went to a new basketball team. People are ignorant and stereotype others based on skin. I've been called Chinese freak and chink by opposing teams and fans. Racism is still alive unfortunately.

Yeah but psd will turn a blind eye to ur story cuz Lin sucks.

AddiX
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Lakers cut him

Hou cut him

Mike d put him in the d league

After the Knicks lost all there crappy pgs, Lin had to play. Lead ny to the best run under mike d after we lost 12/13. Now he's a starter and getting paid.

Race had nothing to do w that? Give me break.

SportsFanatic10
11-15-2012, 09:10 PM
lol ahh the good ol' race card. it's funny because it's probably a big reason why he got the contract he did. houston knows what it's like to have china's support from ming's time there, so they overpaid for lin because of all the merchandise sales and popularity he has from china. nobody cares that he's asian, he's just not as good as he was made out to be during the whole insane linsanity faze. the bar was just set too high and now the backlash is coming and he doesn't like it.

Kashmir13579
11-15-2012, 09:14 PM

its cause he can't go left :psure he can :pity:

Vinny642
11-15-2012, 09:21 PM
Its probably true, but hey, he still got dominated by Vasquez last night

Blitzace137
11-15-2012, 11:18 PM

case and point. If people don't think Racism or sterotypes don't exist when it comes to sports there fooling themselves. Good Post people will just ignore your post to prove their point.

MetroMan
11-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Okay?

Losoway
11-15-2012, 11:29 PM
jeremy lin is really getting annoying. open season it was his knees still hurt from a surgery he was cleared to play after a month of . now its the race card

whats next. james harden doesnt pass to me because i look like yao ming ?

come on . stop with the excuses . your playing terrible just hush and work on your game

lol, please
11-15-2012, 11:38 PM
People criticize him because he sucks balls.

You're right. He's so terrible, he only plays in the NBA. What a loser. Get a real job Jeremy, join a real league, this kid obviously thinks he's a pro or something. :rolleyes:

lol, please
11-15-2012, 11:42 PM

You and every other minority guy, cry me a river. No one feels sorry for Lin, racism would be alot easier to deal with when you can buy your way in and out of almost everything and anywhere. And Lin is a Bay Area kid, the asian population here is huge. I could see if he was raised in the South. :rolleyes:

chicago lulz
11-15-2012, 11:51 PM
You and every other minority guy, cry me a river. No one feels sorry for Lin, racism would be alot easier to deal with when you can buy your way in and out of almost everything and anywhere. And Lin is a Bay Area kid, the asian population here is huge. I could see if he was raised in the South. :rolleyes:
Do expand on how racism is a lot easier when you have money. Also, what about those who can't buy their way in and out of almost everything.

Edit: What Lin said was unwarranted. I don't think race has to do anything with it.

Blitzace137
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Exactly.. They tried to lowball him n it backfired. Enter Felton discounted. All the other stuff is propaganda sold to the sheep. NOVAK is overpaid and nobody complains cuz it's fun to scream novakaine and discount double check

Only the smartest of Knicks fans know this fact everyone else think Lin turned his back on us and went back to the Rockets to increase the offer :pity:. I agree most of the other nonsense is Propaganda sold to the sheeps and they eat it right up. People Should go look at other players that get paid 8 million.

MetroMan
11-15-2012, 11:53 PM
Lin sucks. Sucks might be harsh. But his below good

Auseranami
11-15-2012, 11:58 PM

:laugh:

lol, please
11-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Do expand on how racism is a lot easier when you have money. Also, what about those who can't buy their way in and out of almost everything.

Edit: What Lin said was unwarranted. I don't think race has to do anything with it.

It would be petty and unjustifiable of someone making the money Lin is making doing what he is doing to complain about something like racism, especially when it isn't a result of actual abuse of some sort.

Those who don't have that money obviously do not apply to my statement. "If the shoe fits wear it".

I absolutely agree race has nothing to do with it, that's my point.

KnickaBocka.44
11-16-2012, 12:22 AM
Only the smartest of Knicks fans know this fact everyone else think Lin turned his back on us and went back to the Rockets to increase the offer :pity:. I agree most of the other nonsense is Propaganda sold to the sheeps and they eat it right up. People Should go look at other players that get paid 8 million.

I'm not to sure about this. Restricted free agents usually wait to recieve an offer from another team and then once that is done the team with the players rights either chooses to match it or let the player go. Almost every Restricted Free Agent gets lowballed initially.

sfattahian
11-16-2012, 12:43 AM
This isn't a race card, he's absolutely right. Growing up in england, you come to america and it's so obvious that racism is deepley engrained in the hearts and minds of the people. You can't even realize it or comprehend it because it's all you know and it would take moving outside of the usa to realize it.

Not to say that everybody here is racist, but racism is a huge part of every day life. I'm white, but the things i hear other white people say when they think no minorities are listening are disturbing and disgusting.

I heard a guy the other day say "it smells like (n-word's) in here" and nobody even reacted. I said, what the hell is that supposed to mean, and he said "you don't know what n-word's smell like?"

and there were about 5 or 6 other white guys around that were like "...yeah seriously..."

it's racism against blacks, asians, latinos, middle easterns, and pretty much anybody who isn't white... Deep down it's like a lot of american's honestly think they are smarter or better than other races. It's pretty sickening, but i blame the years and years of cultural segregation, and values passed down from generation to generation.

Old habits die hard.

My best friend growing up and i were in his dad's car and we drove passed a black guy in his neighborhood and he said "great now my house went down in value becuase we have n-words in the neighborhood."

i'm not friends with the guys anymore.

I have so many great american friends that are not like that at all, but it's crazy how many people think like that. I worked at a gas station for 3 years in high school and you hear a lot of crap... So many racists out there.

I know a lot of people will say crap like "you don't like america, go back to england' and stuff like that, but i love this love country and love my american friends and my american girlfiend. I just wish there was less racism in all parts of life, especially sports where people don't even realize how prevelant it is.

Cue the violin right?

But seriously, in all honesty, i was overwealmed by not only the racism in the country, but the denial and lack of recognition of blatant racism. I don't fully understand it like lin, but no doubt it's there.

Just don't understand how people can brush it off like "oh he's playing the race card"

go to college or read a book or something.

Blitzace137
11-16-2012, 12:54 AM
I'm not to sure about this. Restricted free agents usually wait to recieve an offer from another team and then once that is done the team with the players rights either chooses to match it or let the player go. Almost every Restricted Free Agent gets lowballed initially.

Agreed but Lin was not a normal case due to his "brand" and the market he brings in. It just makes no sense to me we gave Novak the same number of years we would have given Lin, except a couple million more per year that's if we gave Lin an initial offer. We overpaid Novak but low balled Lin? Think about it, makes no sense which leads me to believe it was more then just about money IMO. Grunwald did a great job finding bargains but he dropped the ball with Lin or our owner had something to do with it.

No doubt in my mind if Lin was still here in NY under J.kidd's watch he would be balling. So far the Rockets haven't figured out how to use him.

Blitzace137
11-16-2012, 12:57 AM
This isn't a race card, he's absolutely right. Growing up in england, you come to america and it's so obvious that racism is deepley engrained in the hearts and minds of the people. You can't even realize it or comprehend it because it's all you know and it would take moving outside of the usa to realize it.

Not to say that everybody here is racist, but racism is a huge part of every day life. I'm white, but the things i hear other white people say when they think no minorities are listening are disturbing and disgusting.

I heard a guy the other day say "it smells like (n-word's) in here" and nobody even reacted. I said, what the hell is that supposed to mean, and he said "you don't know what n-word's smell like?"

and there were about 5 or 6 other white guys around that were like "...yeah seriously..."

it's racism against blacks, asians, latinos, middle easterns, and pretty much anybody who isn't white... Deep down it's like a lot of american's honestly think they are smarter or better than other races. It's pretty sickening, but i blame the years and years of cultural segregation, and values passed down from generation to generation.

Old habits die hard.

My best friend growing up and i were in his dad's car and we drove passed a black guy in his neighborhood and he said "great now my house went down in value becuase we have n-words in the neighborhood."

i'm not friends with the guys anymore.

I have so many great american friends that are not like that at all, but it's crazy how many people think like that. I worked at a gas station for 3 years in high school and you hear a lot of crap... So many racists out there.

I know a lot of people will say crap like "you don't like america, go back to england' and stuff like that, but i love this love country and love my american friends and my american girlfiend. I just wish there was less racism in all parts of life, especially sports where people don't even realize how prevelant it is.

Cue the violin right?

But seriously, in all honesty, i was overwealmed by not only the racism in the country, but the denial and lack of recognition of blatant racism. I don't fully understand it like lin, but no doubt it's there.

Just don't understand how people can brush it off like "oh he's playing the race card"

go to college or read a book or something.

It's embedded in some people so much that they don't even realize it. I've had countless number of college classes that brought this issue up. It's very true racism exist in our everyday lives some people just don't realize it. Good post.

TheSource
11-16-2012, 12:59 AM
His race got him hyped in the first place so what is he crying about? He's obviously not living up to his contract or the hype he received so stop talking and start ballin'.

BKLYNpigeon
11-16-2012, 01:10 AM
this is coming from an Asian American...

Jeremy Lin, theres inequality everywhere, just STFU and play basketball.

TeamSeattle
11-16-2012, 01:15 AM
I wish people would stop saying he has to "live up to his contract." The guy only got that amount because Daryl Morey was trying to stop the Knicks from matching a contract offer and upped the price beyond a reasonable level, so its not like Lin was worth that amount of money in the first place.

Blitzace137
11-16-2012, 01:27 AM
I wish people would stop saying he has to "live up to his contract." The guy only got that amount because Daryl Morey was trying to stop the Knicks from matching a contract offer and upped the price beyond a reasonable level, so its not like Lin was worth that amount of money in the first place.

Exactly Lin even said in the article he was ready to come back to NY. It wasn't even Morey, Morey drew the line after the initial offer that came out, I think it was 4 years 28 million with year 4 being an option. It was their owner Alexander who gave Morey the green light to increase the offer after speaking to Yao. It was Yao who said there's a big asian market overseas Rockets owner could cash in on. That's what lead to the big contract.

Odominator
11-16-2012, 01:33 AM

Theres racism all over this board, including this quote. Black people are the main offenders of this. Has anyone seen the SNL skit about Jeremy Lin where the black commentators clowned on Jeremy Lin using Asian stereotypes but when someone says something offensive about black stereotypes, like huge lips or looking like chimps, they get heavily offended.

I believe the skit is on youtube.

CostanzaNumba0
11-16-2012, 01:34 AM
He's the tim tebow of the nfl. Its ironic that the only reason he got that money is because he's asian and now he's flipping the script on the media. Listen guy, the reason people don;t like you is the following A. You're not very good B. You sat out playoff games you were medically cleared to play for in order to maximize your free agent value, even though the team you were playing for literally did everything imaginable to help your career. C. you spurned the biggest, richest media market on earth and came off as a selfish weasel. and D. You're a Jesus Freak, thankfully a dying breed in this nation, especially amongst youths. These are the reasons for being disliked. And for all the people claiming this is racism, that is ridiculous, asians in this country aren't downtrodden and oppressed like blacks and hispanics, in fact they are vilified for their educational achievements etc. You never hear of a guy being rejected for a job because he's asian. Listen, the mere fact of the matter is asian people tend to be small and unathletic,its the reason you see such a small percentage of them in professional sports, illustated even further if you take into account how many asians their actually are comparitively-- anddd it was fun to see an anomoly. Stop your whining and thank the heavens you lucked into 26 million bucks.

CostanzaNumba0
11-16-2012, 01:36 AM
Theres racism all over this board, including this quote. Black people are the main offenders of this. Has anyone seen the SNL skit about Jeremy Lin where the black commentators clowned on Jeremy Lin using Asian stereotypes but when someone says something offensive about black stereotypes, like huge lips or looking like chimps, they get heavily offended.

I believe the skit is on youtube.

People are way too sensitive, and its a fact asians have smaller dicks. Is it racist if its true?
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/333932

Odominator
11-16-2012, 01:37 AM
he has got it backwords, he is bitter for being asian so he hates everyone else around him, but not much to report or care about here nobody is going to know who he is in 2 years or less

No, I don't think he is bitter for being Asian. And people will continue to know who Jeremy Lin is even 2-5 years from now.

Honestly I think all the hate from the black community stems from the fact that they have many black athletes who put up similar numbers to Lin but don't get the media attention as Lin does. They honestly feel Lin, because he is Asian, is stepping outside of his social role as a scientist/mathematician/nerd/insert Asian stereotype here and should not have anything to do with a basketball or athletics. However, I am pretty sure Jeremy Lin can ball up most of the people who log onto prosportsdaily to criticize him.

Its unfortunate that people of color are so divided over such petty things when they should be united and work towards the common goal of equality. The only barriers to people of color and equality is the majority who are in power, and that is usually composed of people of euro-anglo descent.

Odominator
11-16-2012, 01:41 AM
People are way too sensitive, and its a fact asians have smaller dicks. Is it racist if its true?

No, but I think you are a complete moron for citing a website article and not a scholarly peer-reviewed article. I think if stereotypes are true about the size of genitalia based on race, then the size of the cranium space and the brain organ must go in reverse.

Please cite something more legitimate than an article that even calls itself "flawed" because the data was gathered by websites.

IDunknown
11-16-2012, 01:42 AM
From the article:

That's sort of being part of a New York franchise though. He also says this:

This part sounds ridiculous to me. I know there may be some racial undertones and some certain people may come at it that way, but the contract was just ridiculous to just about anyone outside of New York. D'Antoni helped make Linsanity. As for the hype, it wasn't because he was Asian but because he was a Harvard nobody who had been cut twice and suddenly put up historic numbers.

You are right about that,and he was about to get cut again,but it was also because he is asian.

CostanzaNumba0
11-16-2012, 02:00 AM
No, but I think you are a complete moron for citing a website article and not a scholarly peer-reviewed article. I think if stereotypes are true about the size of genitalia based on race, then the size of the cranium space and the brain organ must go in reverse.

Please cite something more legitimate than an article that even calls itself "flawed" because the data was gathered by websites.

What a dishonest comparison, such a straw man argument, bringing cranial dimensions and the brain-by far the most complex and fascinating organ in the natural world and as complicated as quantum mechanics- into a dick measuring contest? Are you serious? I don't have access aside from abstracts to scholarly articles but in this case I believe its true, if you know anything about statistics, all data is flawed, especially in collecting something as sensitive as this. Metadata collected on the internet is likely the best place to find data on the subject. I'm sorry if you're butthurt but that hardly makes me a moron.

Odominator
11-16-2012, 02:07 AM
What a dishonest comparison, such a straw man argument, bringing cranial dimensions and the brain-by far the most complex and fascinating organ in the natural world and as complicated as quantum mechanics- into a dick measuring contest? Are you serious? I don't have access aside from abstracts to scholarly articles but in this case I believe its true, if you know anything about statistics, all data is flawed, especially in collecting something as sensitive as this. Metadata collected on the internet is likely the best place to find data on the subject. I'm sorry if you're butthurt but that hardly makes me a moron.

What a fascinating and complex argument

Odominator
11-16-2012, 02:09 AM

:speechless::confused:

CostanzaNumba0
11-16-2012, 02:09 AM
Nice, Quantum Mechanics. Relative!!! BTW, no I am not butt hurt, but it sounds like you are 'dishonestly' and 'fascinatingly' butthurt

Its a worthy comparison if you know anything about neuroscience or physics, but I'm done arguing with 15 year olds.

Odominator
11-16-2012, 02:11 AM
Its a worthy comparison if you know anything about neuroscience or physics, but I'm done arguing with 15 year olds.

:speechless::confused:

I think your arguing with yourself now. Peace!

heyman321
11-16-2012, 02:26 AM

Dude this whole paragraph makes NO sense.

And the article you linked to even flat out says "critics have claimed that Mr Flynn’s research is flawed because the penis length data was gathered from websites", with NO METHODOLOGY, meaning this "professor" just made that **** up.

And "metadata collected on the internet" is the best place to find data on the subject??? Lmao!!!

Odominator
11-16-2012, 02:31 AM
Dude this whole paragraph makes NO sense.

And the article you linked to even flat out says "critics have claimed that Mr Flynn’s research is flawed because the penis length data was gathered from websites", with NO METHODOLOGY, meaning this "professor" just made that **** up.

And "metadata collected on the internet" is the best place to find data on the subject??? Lmao!!!

:clap:

Blitzace137
11-16-2012, 02:34 AM
He's the tim tebow of the nfl. Its ironic that the only reason he got that money is because he's asian and now he's flipping the script on the media. Listen guy, the reason people don;t like you is the following A. You're not very good B. You sat out playoff games you were medically cleared to play for in order to maximize your free agent value, even though the team you were playing for literally did everything imaginable to help your career. C. you spurned the biggest, richest media market on earth and came off as a selfish weasel. and D. You're a Jesus Freak, thankfully a dying breed in this nation, especially amongst youths. These are the reasons for being disliked. And for all the people claiming this is racism, that is ridiculous, asians in this country aren't downtrodden and oppressed like blacks and hispanics, in fact they are vilified for their educational achievements etc. You never hear of a guy being rejected for a job because he's asian. Listen, the mere fact of the matter is asian people tend to be small and unathletic,its the reason you see such a small percentage of them in professional sports, illustated even further if you take into account how many asians their actually are comparitively-- anddd it was fun to see an anomoly. Stop your whining and thank the heavens you lucked into 26 million bucks.

Lin is the Tebow of the NFL :confused:

Why do people say this like it's a fact. So many are misinformed, Lin was never cleared to play, please find me a article where it says Lin was medically cleared to play? People don't like him because he didn't beat the six week period normally projected by doctors that's a pretty dumb reason to hate someone. Lin wasn't even supposed to come back until the second round.

You proved Lin's point by saying people are not used to seeing Asians play basketball on a professional level. That's exactly what Lin meant when he said he has to always prove himself because "nobody want's to get showed up by some asian kid"

KNICKS R BACK
11-16-2012, 02:50 AM
:bs: The knicks could have just simply made him an offer. Instead, they said "go out and get the contract you want and we'll match." i don't know how you can blame lin for whatever happened after that.

because he wasnt honest about it, he did it in a sneaky way

Blitzace137
11-16-2012, 02:53 AM
because he wasnt honest about it, he did it in a sneaky way

:facepalm:

bigbeardaboss
11-16-2012, 06:53 AM

Why do people say this like it's a fact. So many are misinformed, Lin was never cleared to play, please find me a article where it says Lin was medically cleared to play? People don't like him because he didn't beat the six week period normally projected by doctors that's a pretty dumb reason to hate someone. Lin wasn't even supposed to come back until the second round.

You proved Lin's point by saying people are not used to seeing Asians play basketball on a professional level. That's exactly what Lin meant when he said he has to always prove himself because "nobody want's to get showed up by some asian kid"

Lin seems to be the one focused on "race." How come Yao never had this problem? He should focus on basketball.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Davidgta1
11-16-2012, 07:03 AM
I don't like em for one reason and it's not of his race it's cuz of espn I got tired of hearing an seeing about him 24/7 they talked about him like he was Jesus

thenaj17
11-16-2012, 07:26 AM
Race? Please, earn your contract kid. It has not nothing to do with race, just a pathetic excuse on his part due to how bad he has been playing. Being asian is one of the biggest reasons why he is known today, people embraced him, so he needs to man up.

That's racist in itself...

But agree with you, him being previously overrated is why he is getting stick now, because he never was that good in the first place and is most definitely overpaid for his on court production.

The reason he got such a big contract was because of his marketability... which was down to being Asian-American.

So if he wants to complain about criticism due to his race, he can also hand back that money that was given to him because of his race

Jesse2272
11-16-2012, 07:46 AM
The race card Lin

really

your better than that:facepalm:

Mr. Koobs
11-16-2012, 08:01 AM
You're a Jesus Freak, thankfully a dying breed in this nation, especially amongst youths.

I always find it interesting that it is perfectly fine to offend certain groups of people, but completely taboo to offend other groups of people.

And just for the record, I am as far from a “Jesus Freak” as you can find, but I still think your comment was ********.

Proportionately African-Americans commit more crimes than white Americans.

Is it racist if it's true?

Neither topic (blacks committing more crimes or Asians having smaller dicks) has any place in this thread about Jeremy Lin. Just making a point that one “factual” comment is just as pointless as the other one. Especially in this forum and in this thread. Again, it goes back to being okay to offend one group, but not another group.

Double standards suck.

As for Lin, I think race has played a part, but it goes both ways. It played a part in the hype he received, and it plays a part in the criticism he receives (you can see race just by reading some of the comments here). Maybe not the largest part, but a part.

I also think that, as a player, he will settle somewhere in the middle of “Linsanity” and the way he is playing now. I never thought he was a top 5...or even a top 10...PG (even when he was saving my team’s season), but I certainly don’t think he sucks. He will be an average starter, or an above-average backup, in this league.

YashBoone
11-16-2012, 08:07 AM
That's such bs. He's a clown and I'm so happy he's no longer a knick.

Being Asian is the number one reason he became soooooooo big.
No it's his Achilles heal? Gtfo Jeremy Lin

jimm120
11-16-2012, 08:32 AM

I'm sorry, but according to reports, usual time tables, and even drastic time tables, he could have played since last May.

I like Lin. Even if he went and re-negotiated that contract and all, It was all good for me. But Lin talking about Injury still...just wrong. He was supposed to be 100% healed by early May. He had June, July, August, September, October, and now November to heal.....and you come out "he was never cleared to play". Those were EXTRA MONTHS of healing. Remember, he was out for 2 months during the season too, which was the normal time frame for healing. so, 8 months of healing for a 2 month recovery process.

He shouldn't be blaming it.

dnewguy
11-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I'll rather have the Asian stereotype of being smart rather than the one Romney and Republicans place on black folks like me...welfare leeches. But i don't want any part of the small d1ck stereotype.

yankeeswin27
11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
shut your mouth Lin.

11-16-2012, 12:56 PM

Hilarious....affirmative action IS minorities using the race card. When white people complain about it it is because it is a legitimate argument. Why should minorities get into a school over white people because of affirmative action? We are all equal right?

Mr. Koobs
11-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Hilarious....affirmative action IS minorities using the race card. When white people complain about it it is because it is a legitimate argument. Why should minorities get into a school over white people because of affirmative action? We are all equal right?

There was a time when affirmative action was absolutely needed.

But that time is long past, in my opinion.

Content of character, not color of skin.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-16-2012, 01:18 PM
[/B]

If u believe that still is the case then that's sad.. Racism is alive n well bud

Blitzace137
11-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm sorry, but according to reports, usual time tables, and even drastic time tables, he could have played since last May.

I like Lin. Even if he went and re-negotiated that contract and all, It was all good for me. But Lin talking about Injury still...just wrong. He was supposed to be 100% healed by early May. He had June, July, August, September, October, and now November to heal.....and you come out "he was never cleared to play". Those were EXTRA MONTHS of healing. Remember, he was out for 2 months during the season too, which was the normal time frame for healing. so, 8 months of healing for a 2 month recovery process.

He shouldn't be blaming it.

I was talking about the Heat game in the playoffs he was never medically cleared to play not talking about this season? You should have read it more clearly before you responded. Lin is healed he never complained about his knees since the start of the season? HE's just being used as a spot up shooter thus far IMO that's why he's not the same Lin from last year. I've watched just about every Rocket game, Lin's knees are fine it's how the Rockets are using him.

For the Record your never truly a 100% after any knee surgery it takes time about a whole year is what I heard from people who had knee surgery. He's probably 85-90% though.

lol, please
11-16-2012, 05:01 PM

Well, I am certainly below average for my background, even when it's not cold. I would feel like a champ if I was from North Korea though, with my specifications.

Andrew32
11-16-2012, 06:26 PM
There is alot of racism in sports and in the world in general.

Sad that some people can't understand that underneath our skin everyone is just human and everyone was once an innocent child with no preconceptions about anything.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 06:35 PM

Case in Point:

Settle down, I was just quoting south park.

heyman321
11-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Settle down, I was just quoting south park.

You mean you're a closet racist who would do these things on the internet but wouldn't have the balls to do to someone's face?

Odominator
11-16-2012, 06:51 PM
[/B]

We are equal, but we all dont start at the same starting point. Think of social inequality as a marathon and birth is the starting point. A majority of whites often have an advantage with a head start because they are born into circumstances where their families are not living in poverty, have adequate resources, attend schools that are properly funded with competent teachers.

Now picture most people of color who are born into circumstances of poverty, attend underfunded schools, have single/non-traditional families, etc.

Affirmative action is an assessment tool where the person's entire background, including race, is reviewed because of social inequality.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
You mean you're a closet racist who would do these things on the internet but wouldn't have the balls to do to someone's face?

...wtf

Dude I'm Brazilian. Stf.u about callin me a closet racist.
Dumbaz.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 07:09 PM
I have no room to be racist when I'm not even white lol

heyman321
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
...wtf

Dude I'm Brazilian. Stf.u about callin me a closet racist.
Dumbaz.

I have no room to be racist when I'm not even white lol

So being Brasilian exempts you from being racist?!?! LOL. Newflash dude, not only white people have the ability to be racist. Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Germans, etc can all be racist.

You proved yourself to be the only idiot in this thread to use the "broken English" stereotype, despite the fact that we all know Jeremy Lin was born and raised in California and speaks perfect English. And judging by your posts, you seem to be stuck at 4th grade English.

thatswhathesaid
11-16-2012, 07:47 PM
calm down guys. i think the title of this thread is misleading and that the quote was taken out of context or missunderstood. he isnt saying he is being criticized for how he has been playing due to race; he has played poorly and he knows it.

instead i think he is talking about how asian americans are judged/prejudged as basketball players or as athletes as a whole. the line right before said he had to justify his herritage. if you continue to read the article he goes into explaining it with the following:

"I've always been a target," Lin says. "Everyone looks me and says, 'I'm not going to let that Asian kid embarrass me. I'm going to go at him.' That's how it's been my whole life. This has been different, though. Now, I was on the scouting report. People started to pay attention to what I could and couldn't do.

"But a target? I was used to that. I'm not saying I get everyone's best shot, but I would say people don't want to be embarrassed by me because of my skin color."

we've seen some of that by the what rondo and deron williams have said or acted towards lin too.

a lot of my asian friends have had the same experience. when they step on the court, no one thinks they can play and other guys try to show them up or mess around.

NYKNYGNYY
11-16-2012, 08:00 PM
-_-

NYKNYGNYY
11-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I was at the game where he broke out and there was a while row of asians with white tee shirts with jermey Lin written letter by letter, it was hilarious ... It's ridiculous for him to even say that he got that contract cus he was Asian he isn't even that good he's extremely sloppy .and that air ball was the best thing I've seen all year

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 08:10 PM
So being Brasilian exempts you from being racist?!?! LOL. Newflash dude, not only white people have the ability to be racist. Whites, blacks, Hispanics, Chinese, Germans, etc can all be racist.

You proved yourself to be the only idiot in this thread to use the "broken English" stereotype, despite the fact that we all know Jeremy Lin was born and raised in California and speaks perfect English. And judging by your posts, you seem to be stuck at 4th grade English.

Idk what's more idiotic, a person trying to dictate whether another person is racist when the person clearly stated he isn't, or that same person trying to talk about grammar on a website when I'm typing from a phone?

Honestly, answer the question. Im clearly saying I'm not a racist and yet you're acting like a delusional illiterate chit, and saying that I am lol!!

And since you wanna talk about education, what exactly do you do? I'm a Pre med student buddy.

I sincerely quote south park and you get so defensive over it. Lol idiot.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-16-2012, 08:13 PM

And buddy, I was simply saying I have no room to be racist because I'm not white. Brazilians aren't the "major race" in almost every city.

There is absolutely no reason for me to be racist, when my race is mixed in itself between Africans, Europeans, and South Americans.

Why is it that I always experience a wise *** on psd? :confused: