PDA

View Full Version : Lbj now has pressure

BULLSFAN0810
11-15-2012, 06:22 AM
The best and worse thing for the league was for james to win. He got a gimme vs a baby in Durant and Westbrook in the final... Now he has won he had awoken the guys who imo feel they are better and MAY be better. Look at Ny, you can't tell me the Miami ship doesn't eat at him (Melo).. You guys can't say skill wise Melo isn't better. You can look around the league at the Clippers and Lakers etc , these teams seem ready and willing to play... As I said before NY is for real .... Lets see James/Melo match up with equal teams where they can have a shoot out like James had with Durant.... I think Melo would come out the victor... Lets see if James its as good as we THINK... Its one thing to win one ship, but when everyone is chasing you ... What will you do ?

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 06:36 AM
Well this is silly.

1) I can and will tell you James is more skilled than Melo. In fact I'd argue the opposite. I'd say Melo isn't in LeBron's realm. (I do really like Melo but I'm being honest.)

2) Wade playing hurt, and Bosh being out made last years title run impressive. When the Celtics had the Heat on the run what LeBron did in games 6 and 7 was phenomenal.

3) Other people chasing them is bound to happen when there champs. LeBron is playing calm and collected. A lot of pressure is off his shoulders after a MVP, championship, finals MVP, gold medal year.

YouAreSoWrong
11-15-2012, 07:13 AM
This thread is a joke right?

Quinnsanity
11-15-2012, 07:40 AM
The best and worse thing for the league was for james to win. He got a gimme vs a baby in Durant and Westbrook in the final... Now he has won he had awoken the guys who imo feel they are better and MAY be better. Look at Ny, you can't tell me the Miami ship doesn't eat at him (Melo).. You guys can't say skill wise Melo isn't better. You can look around the league at the Clippers and Lakers etc , these teams seem ready and willing to play... As I said before NY is for real .... Lets see James/Melo match up with equal teams where they can have a shoot out like James had with Durant.... I think Melo would come out the victor... Lets see if James its as good as we THINK... Its one thing to win one ship, but when everyone is chasing you ... What will you do ?

... Seriously? I hate the Heat as much as anyone, but this is ridiculous. First of all, don't discredit what the Heat did. There have been far worse runner ups than the baby Thunder. The Heat really earned that title. I'm a diehard Knicks fan, but I can say confidently that if we played the Heat in a seven game series starting tomorrow we'd lose. Badly. Carmelo is a great scorer, but he isn't as good as LeBron and really isn't that close.

I need to devote a whole paragraph that whole "Let's see if James is as good as we think" thing. He isn't. He's better. LeBron James is by far the most complete basketball player I have ever seen. If you could build a basketball player in a lab you probably wouldn't make a better one than him. He's not better than Jordan, but he's the best we've seen since and definitely a more complete player. Beating him here and now, when he's at the absolute peak of his powers, is going to be an enormous task. One that right now, should be left to a player better than Carmelo. I'm not saying 'Melo will never get there or even that he won't this year, but 5 games into his best year he still isn't on LeBron's level.

JasonJohnHorn
11-15-2012, 08:52 AM
Melo better than LBJ? :facepalm:

I agree that the Heat aren't playing well right now (let's face it, LBJ was getting more out of Anderson-V and Mo-Will than he is currently getting out of Bosh and Wade), but that doesn't mean Melo is better than LBJ. It may mean NY is better than MIA, but Melo is not even in the conversation with LBJ.

justinnum1
11-15-2012, 09:21 AM
:facepalm:

stawka
11-15-2012, 09:28 AM
lolwut?!

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Lbj dont want it with Melo in fair circumstances why he joined Wade

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 09:39 AM
You guys the op has got some great points like...

and i quote "good as we THINK" when referring to LBJ

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 09:40 AM
Lbj dont want it with Melo in fair circumstances why he joined Wade

I really dont care for either LBJ or Melo but I will say this LBJ chases championships while Melo chases cities when looking for a team

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I really dont care for either LBJ or Melo but I will say this LBJ chases championships while Melo chases cities when looking for a team

watered down ring. Almost every players want to be the man in NY not just Melo but not many can deal with that kind of pressure

strahan92osi72
11-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Hate the Heat and Lebron but you can't knock him anymore. He won his title and now he has that to go along with his unbelievable skills and stats he puts up in the regular season. The guy is a walking triple double waiting to happen night after night. Right now the problem with Miami is Wade's gotten old and he's not what he used to be. Not LBJ's fault though.

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
watered down ring. Almost every players want to be the man in NY not just Melo but not many can deal with that kind of pressure

well if NY had cap to sign all three players than he probably would of signed with ya'll.. but since ya'll couldn't no reason to be butt hurt about it and make up reasons y he didn't sign like pressure.....LOL

Longhornfan1234
11-15-2012, 09:47 AM
King James will carry Heat to another championship. He won last year with an aging/declining Wade and hurt Bosh.

MELO 15
11-15-2012, 09:50 AM

Wait, WHAT?:facepalm:

BKLYNpigeon
11-15-2012, 09:55 AM
they have to stop letting 15 years olds making threads.

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Wait, WHAT?:facepalm:

Ok since you haven't been following the sports news for the last two years ill break it down for you.
LBJ wanted to leave Cleveland to play for a Championship contender(Miami), Melo wanted to leave Denver to play for NY(his hometown state) and left a better team in Denver to go play for the Knicks because he wanted to play in the state where he was born not because he wanted to win Championships the Knicks have just put together a good team its not like he joined them cause they were contending.

bucketss
11-15-2012, 10:02 AM
Ok since you haven't been following the sports news for the last two years ill break it down for you.
LBJ wanted to leave Cleveland to play for a Championship contender(Miami), Melo wanted to leave Denver to play for NY(his hometown state) and left a better team in Denver to go play for the Knicks because he wanted to play in the state where he was born not because he wanted to win Championships the Knicks have just put together a good team its not like he joined them cause they were contending.

+1

he sold out on a better denver team to go to new york. like i said melo is a selfish cancer. no team where he is the best player on will ever sniff a championship.

strahan92osi72
11-15-2012, 10:31 AM
+1

he sold out on a better denver team to go to new york. Like i said melo is a selfish cancer. No team where he is the best player on will ever sniff a championship.

wrong again.

nickdymez
11-15-2012, 10:34 AM
Melo is more skilled than Lebron. People around here dont understand what skill is. Lebron is more athletic and bigger. Melo has better basketball skills. There are a lot of players in the league that are more SKILLED than Lebron.

strahan92osi72
11-15-2012, 10:35 AM
Melo is more skilled than Lebron. People around here dont understand what skill is. Lebron is more athletic and bigger. Melo has better basketball skills. There are a lot of players in the league that are more SKILLED than Lebron.

Do tell.

strahan92osi72
11-15-2012, 10:37 AM
Melo is a better skilled offensive player than Lebron, but as far as all-around skills, Lebron can get a triple double on a nightly basis, not many players can make that claim.

Slug3
11-15-2012, 10:41 AM

Why dont you continue one about the more skilled? Honestly the only things Melo is more skilled in is Shooting and scoring - defense, passing, athleticism, IQ, finesse, strength, speed all go to Lebron.

ATX
11-15-2012, 10:48 AM

:facepalm:

Classic nickdymez, one of our finest trolls.

dh144498
11-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Why dont you continue one about the more skilled? Honestly the only things Melo is more skilled in is Shooting and scoring - defense, passing, athleticism, IQ, finesse, strength, speed all go to Lebron.

those aren't skills.

natelpete
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM

troll

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM

i agree even though i hate both just as much maybe LeBron a little bit more

dh144498
11-15-2012, 10:52 AM
it seems to me Lebron cares more about his stats right now more than actually winning games. Wade and Bosh played like crap last night and he should have taken more shots towards the end. But instead he wanted to protect his fg%.....

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 10:56 AM
those aren't skills.

they may not be skills but he's just as tall as Melo only deference is LBJ is Bigger(weight wise) stronger faster and quicker than Melo and he's more skilled in everything outside of shooting

nickdymez
11-15-2012, 10:56 AM
lmao. If you dont say Lebron is god, then your a Troll.... So i take back what I said, Lebron is more skilled than god himself.

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 10:57 AM
it seems to me Lebron cares more about his stats right now more than actually winning games. Wade and Bosh played like crap last night and he should have taken more shots towards the end. But instead he wanted to protect his fg%.....

guy are you crazy when the heat were down by 15 with 3 mins left he pleaded with erik to leave him in cause they were looking like they had a little momentum, JVG even points it out

Slug3
11-15-2012, 10:59 AM
lmao. If you dont say Lebron is god, then your a Troll.... So i take back what I said, Lebron is more skilled than god himself.

Thats all that god asks of you... jk, but no you dont need to say that. Just back up why you feel Melo is more skilled if you believe that. I mean at least bring some info to why you feel that why or its going to just come off as you hating Lebron.

nickdymez
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
Thats all that god asks of you... jk, but no you dont need to say that. Just back up why you feel Melo is more skilled if you believe that. I mean at least bring some info to why you feel that why or its going to just come off as you hating Lebron.

I dont know why i have to though. Its my opinion. People can either agree with it or not. Just watching them play, Melo looks like the more skilled player to me. Lebron obviously is more dominate then Melo.

Blitzbolt
11-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Miami is not even trying yet looks like they just want to get to the playoffs.

natelpete
11-15-2012, 11:09 AM

You never played sports, did you? Nobody thinks like that with the game on the line.

mightybosstone
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
This thread is awful. The Heat are 6-3 and Wade has played like crap so far this season. Lebron has absolutely carried them in games. Just look at numbers from last night's Clippers game and tell me this guy isn't the best player in the NBA.

And having watched the Rockets game when Lebron consistently just stepped up and hit cold blooded jump shots late in the game with a deadpan look on his face, I got chills. It was like watching MJ again.

Once Wade steps up again and the supporting cast starts to gel, the Heat will be unstoppable again. They are still the favorites to win it all, Lebron is still the best player in the league (although arguably better this season), and there is hardly as much pressure on him this year as last season.

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Why doesnt Bron guard Melo? Melo guards Bron. But they put Battier on Melo.

dh144498
11-15-2012, 11:11 AM
You never played sports, did you? Nobody thinks like that with the game on the line.

when the game is on the line, and the rest of your team is playing terribly, and you are the only one shooting above 50%, it's common sense to take over.

Avenged
11-15-2012, 11:12 AM
Melo is that you?

mightybosstone
11-15-2012, 11:13 AM

This is just flat out ignorant. Lebron scored only six points in the first half against the Rockets the other night, but completely took over in the fourth quarter. He just kept hitting huge jump shots and a lot of them were 3-pointers.

You don't lunch up contested 3-pointers if you want to protect your FG%. And Lebron has been shooting way more threes this season than last year and STILL hitting them at an insanely high rate. The thought that he's trying to protect his stats is just ********.

Nycbball08
11-15-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm a Knicks fan and Lbj is the best player in the league... Period..,I want a better team not a better player.

Patman
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM

Because LeBron is the better of ball defender then Battier and both can guard the top dogs on the perimeter (although I think Battier isn't on the level he once was). So you put the guy that isn't as good at playing of ball D on Melo and the guy that can create havoc by playing passing lanes. You can also put Lebron on faster and smaller players, or bigger and stronger ones, which Battier can't handle as well.

It also preserves energy for a guy that plays about every position for them on Offense.

Nycbball08
11-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Miami is not even trying yet looks like they just want to get to the playoffs.

I had the same thought,

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 11:16 AM

Cause thats all Battier is good for so y not put one of the top defenders in the league on Melo? And sure Melo gaurds LeBron but doesn't mean he actually defends LeBron from doing whatever he pleases. So if you like that your star player is giving a great effort at both ends good for you but it sure doesn't amount to anything

bucketss
11-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I dont know why i have to though. Its my opinion. People can either agree with it or not. Just watching them play, Melo looks like the more skilled player to me. Lebron obviously is more dominate then Melo.

passing, handles, defense,layups. lebron is much more skilled melo is a better shooter(barely) THATS IT!

NYKnickFanatic
11-15-2012, 11:28 AM
Because LeBron is the better of ball defender then Battier and both can guard the top dogs on the perimeter (although I think Battier isn't on the level he once was). So you put the guy that isn't as good at playing of ball D on Melo and the guy that can create havoc by playing passing lanes. You can also put Lebron on faster and smaller players, or bigger and stronger ones, which Battier can't handle as well.

It also preserves energy for a guy that plays about every position for them on Offense.

Cause thats all Battier is good for so y not put one of the top defenders in the league on Melo? And sure Melo gaurds LeBron but doesn't mean he actually defends LeBron from doing whatever he pleases. So if you like that your star player is giving a great effort at both ends good for you but it sure doesn't amount to anything

So if the Knicks were down one, Melo had the ball, would you guys put Battier or LeBron on him?

BklynKnicks3
11-15-2012, 11:35 AM
passing, handles, defense,layups. lebron is much more skilled melo is a better shooter(barely) THATS IT!

u couldnt be more wrong diffrence between god giving talent and skill. Melos handle is much smoother and better then lebrons. Lebron barely shoot layups he dunks he is a atheltic freak his skills are good but nothing amazing other then his passing. He plays great D because he jumps high runs fast and is super strong all god giving talent not skill. Melo is better then lebron at everything on offense except passing. Its simple if u make lebron a avg athlete like Melo is he better no chance. Not saying Melo is better then Lebron just more skilled big diffrence

MetroMan
11-15-2012, 11:38 AM
when playoffs come around

watch out

nickdymez
11-15-2012, 11:39 AM

People are so far up Lebrons *** they say things like this....

bucketss
11-15-2012, 11:45 AM
u couldnt be more wrong diffrence between god giving talent and skill. Melos handle is much smoother and better then lebrons. Lebron barely shoot layups he dunks he is a atheltic freak his skills are good but nothing amazing other then his passing. He plays great D because he jumps high runs fast and is super strong all god giving talent not skill. Melo is better then lebron at everything on offense except passing. Its simple if u make lebron a avg athlete like Melo is he better no chance. Not saying Melo is better then Lebron just more skilled big diffrence

stopped reading right there.

bucketss
11-15-2012, 11:46 AM
People are so far up Lebrons *** they say things like this....

you're head is so up kobes *** you take any chance to make lebron look like a lesser player. get your paranoid behind outta here lol

sep11ie
11-15-2012, 11:47 AM
Someone was tow up at 4 a.m.

Patman
11-15-2012, 11:49 AM
So if the Knicks were down one, Melo had the ball, would you guys put Battier or LeBron on him?

Probably LeBron for the last Possession at least with Battier like he looked last year. But depending on the Line up the Heat have and the players the Knicks have on the court it could be necessary to let James cover one of the bigs.

JordansBulls
11-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Well Melo did average the same ppg in the playoffs as Lebron last season in the series they played one another at 27.8 ppg. So obviously Melo feels he is as good if not better.

dh144498
11-15-2012, 11:59 AM
stopped reading right there.

you don't like to read facts do you?

Enzo
11-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Let's face reality here...If you were a coach building a team and you had first dibs to pick any player in the NBA, you're picking Lebron.

I'm a huge Knicks fan and they are both elite players but the reality is that Lebron is the best all around player in the league today.

bucketss
11-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Well Melo did average the same ppg in the playoffs as Lebron last season in the series they played one another at 27.8 ppg. So obviously Melo feels he is as good if not better.

shaq 29 ppg jordan 26 ppg

1994-95 SEASON

SHAQ >> JORDAN

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:10 PM
not sure if trolling, or just stupid?

:confused:

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:11 PM
LeBron is in another class.

it's like LeBron is sitting with the big boys (legends), and Melo is still stuck in the kiddy table.

you'll get there one day Melo, don't fret!

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 12:13 PM

me personally? Lebron

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:15 PM
I never get this.. why do people say LeBron is all athleticism, but disregard the fact that other players who are all athleticism are no where near the top player of their position (Mcgee, Blair, Griffin, Josh Smith, DeRozan, etc)
..to even think for a second that LeBron's skill isnt superior to Melo's is a travesty in itself.

jump off a bridge before you drop this website's IQ.

FreakaNashur
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Wow@ saying melo has better handles than da bron. half the reason why lebron is such a gifted passer is because of his handles and drive. really the only thing melo can do better is shoot consistently and he has to be open for that or pick his spots.

Patman
11-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I never get this.. why do people say LeBron is all athleticism, but disregard the fact that other players who are all athleticism are no where near the top player of their position (Mcgee, Blair, Griffin, Josh Smith, DeRozan, etc)
..to even think for a second that LeBron's skill isnt superior to Melo's is a travesty in itself.

Serious? The guy is many things but he isn't an athletic freak.

JordansBulls
11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
shaq 29 ppg jordan 26 ppg

1994-95 SEASON

SHAQ >> JORDAN
Jordan never got outscored in any playoff series in his career.

NYY 26 to 7
11-15-2012, 12:24 PM
This is a very silly conversation. LeBron is playing great and has less pressure on him than ever - other than Wade playing poorly and I still don't think Bosh is a good fit on this team. I'm not sure why Melo and the Knicks has to be brought into everything - kinda wish we would just be left alone for now. I'm pretty sure as much as I hate them Heat are the champs and will stay the champs until someone knocks them off (which can't be done in the regular season). Melo is playing great ball too but not sure what one has to do with the other until the face off again. If anything I doubt Melo ever gives LeBron pressure especially since now he has a ring, and it prob just motivates him more. The Heat are losing some games right now because Wade is playing like garbage and I think the "positionless team" is tough because it is really difficult to rebound and D up teams with size - LeBron is versatile and an amazing player but to expect him night in and night out to handle defending every position, all the rebounding, scoring, passing, and just about everything else is going a little overboard. Also, if I were a Heat fan I would be concerned about Wade - maybe not this year but the wear on that guys body has been tough.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Serious? The guy is many things but he isn't an athletic freak.

ehh he has mad hops tho.

Ty Fast
11-15-2012, 12:33 PM
lebron is the best player in the world

NYY 26 to 7
11-15-2012, 12:35 PM

He isn't all athleticism obviously but he is by far the best athlete in the game and I'm not sure there has been someone this athletic before. Also Blair? and Griffin many say is at the top of his position (I'm not one of those people but many many do). McGee is a headcase otherwise could be great. Josh Smith also a bit of a headcase and fell in love with the outside game. Derozan he doesn't stand out size and strength wise he is pretty standard. Just being fast and able to jump high isn't what people are talking about - its the combo of size, strength, speed, coordination, and leaping ability that we have never seen. His basketball IQ is obviously very high which continues to separate along with his court vision. Melo and LeBron play very different games but I really don't think it is crazy to say what really separates them is not skill but LeBron's superior athleticism.

Seriously though you make a statement like jump off a bridge so others don't drop the sites IQ. Interesting logic and classy.

NYY 26 to 7
11-15-2012, 12:38 PM
ehh he has mad hops tho.

If you are talking about DeJuan blair the guy has no ACL in either knee he luck he can touch the rim - what do you watch? He is a fundamentally sound big man and boxes out well.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:40 PM
He isn't all athleticism obviously but he is by far the best athlete in the game and I'm not sure there has been someone this athletic before. Also Blair? and Griffin many say is at the top of his position (I'm not one of those people but many many do). McGee is a headcase otherwise could be great. Josh Smith also a bit of a headcase and fell in love with the outside game. Derozan he doesn't stand out size and strength wise he is pretty standard. Just being fast and able to jump high isn't what people are talking about - its the combo of size, strength, speed, coordination, and leaping ability that we have never seen. His basketball IQ is obviously very high which continues to separate along with his court vision. Melo and LeBron play very different games but I really don't think it is crazy to say what really separates them is not skill but LeBron's superior athleticism.

Seriously though you make a statement like jump off a bridge so others don't drop the sites IQ. Interesting logic and classy.

not directed to the sane folks, directed towards the irrational folks who say Lebron's game is ALL athleticism.

someone like josh smith is exactly what lebron would have been had he relied on his athleticism and "had no shot"
his iq is phenomenal, just take a gander at his stats..

me personally i love melo, i think he is the most clutch player that we have in the game today, and if you leave him open for a second from anywhere on the floor he will make it majority of the time.
i also love melo's post game, i wish lebron would bully his way into the post like what melo does. so i do appreciate melo, i am just saying that what lebron brings to the table isnt only seperated by his athleticism..

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
If you are talking about DeJuan blair the guy has no ACL in either knee he luck he can touch the rim - what do you watch? He is a fundamentally sound big man and boxes out well.

hmm my bad, i meant ibaka.. i had the dunk competition with griffin in mind.. for some reason i thought it was blair.