PDA

View Full Version : LaMarcus Aldridge Shocking Stat

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 03:08 AM
We have a lot of people here who overrate the heck out of Aldridge and thought it would be interesting to share this "dominant" post players stat.

112 of Aldridge's 160 FG attempts this season are from midrange according to Blazers writer Sean Highkin. Combine this with 6.5 rpg this year and 7.7 career and I can't comprehend why so many call him a top 3 PF or even the best.

sunsfan88
11-15-2012, 03:12 AM
He's honestly like Amare in his prime. But with better defense.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 03:19 AM

Not really. Prime Amare IMO was a way better player. Could move and was a threat to take you to the hoop ever play

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 03:20 AM
"All Blake does is dunk"

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 03:21 AM

Prime Amare>>Than Just about any other PF except maybe Dirk.

JoeDirt05
"All Blake does is dunk"

this

justinnum1
Not really. Prime Amare IMO was a way better player. Could move and was a threat to take you to the hoop ever play

agree. we all hate on amare now but he was a beast 5 years ago

Baller1
11-15-2012, 03:22 AM
It's still early... :shrug:

I'd take Lamarcus over most PF's.

JoeDirt05
11-15-2012, 03:25 AM
its always the clipper fans who hate on LMA because they know he is better then Blake and if it wasnt for ESPN and dunking he wouldnt be as good as people say he is

Baller1
11-15-2012, 03:27 AM
its always the clipper fans who hate on LMA because they know he is better then Blake and if it wasnt for ESPN and dunking he wouldnt be as good as people say he is

Haha, no... That's just not true.

JoeDirt05
11-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Haha, no... That's just not true.

come on now if Blake played in any other city besides LA,NYC,Miami,Chicago he wouldnt be getting half the attention he gets he is drastically ESPN overrated.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 03:32 AM
Lamarcus isn't as good as PSD believes he is. Talented player but he isn't better than Dirk, Blake, Love. He is in the next tier

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 03:35 AM
come on now if Blake played in any other city besides LA,NYC,Miami,Chicago he wouldnt be getting half the attention he gets he is drastically ESPN overrated.

I doubt that. Blake is far from overrated. You're confusing overhyped with overrated. His jumper, free throw shooting and defense are improved this year and he produces more than Aldridge all around. His efficiency is top tier, his on and off court differential led the NBA last year and his PER was 23+ good for 7th best in the NBA last year.

5ass
11-15-2012, 03:37 AM

please tell me how many overrated players averaged 22.5-12-3.8 in their rookie year?

5ass
11-15-2012, 03:38 AM
I'd take griffin over aldridge any day except in the 4th quarter.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 03:44 AM

Lol I love LMA's game but as a Suns fan you should know he plays NOTHING like Amare.

And Amare in his prime >>>>>>> LMA

Lakers4life08
11-15-2012, 03:44 AM
%i watched last game of blazers vs atlanta,dude single handedly gave atlanta victory,in last 2 minutes of the game,he shot 2 crazy fadeaway midrange jumpers(missed offcourse both) got offensive foul and missed 2 FT... he is good player,but he is not a star player....but he thinks that he is ,and wants ball all the time in the last minutes of the game and fails 90% of the time

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 03:45 AM
We have a lot of people here who overrate the heck out of Aldridge and thought it would be interesting to share this "dominant" post players stat.

112 of Aldridge's 160 FG attempts this season are from midrange according to Blazers writer Sean Highkin. Combine this with 6.5 rpg this year and 7.7 career and I can't comprehend why so many call him a top 3 PF or even the best.

Lol so you can't post up someone from midrange? Stupid thread

Baller1
11-15-2012, 03:45 AM

Trust me, I'm one of Blake's biggest critics. Most of the time I can't stand him, but he's insanely talented. LA should be proud if anyone puts them on the same level at this point, because it won't be long before LA is looking a long way up at BG.

Baller1
11-15-2012, 03:47 AM
Lol I love LMA's game but as a Suns fan you should know he plays NOTHING like Amare.

And Amare in his prime >>>>>>> LMA

Lets all be honest though... Any power forward who would've had the opportunity to play with Nash in their prime would have inflated numbers. Nash is just that good. So I don't think it's fair to compare the two in their primes.

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 03:49 AM
Trust me, I'm one of Blake's biggest critics. Most of the time I can't stand him, but he's insanely talented. LA should be proud if anyone puts them on the same level at this point, because it won't be long before LA is looking a long way up at BG.

:clap: mad respect for that honesty despite not liking a player.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 03:53 AM
Lets all be honest though... Any power forward who would've had the opportunity to play with Nash in their prime would have inflated numbers. Nash is just that good. So I don't think it's fair to compare the two in their primes.

There is not a comparison. Amare in his prime was a freak.

People forget he is the same guy who dominated a prime Tim Duncan in the playoffs

Baller1
11-15-2012, 03:56 AM

People forget he is the same guy who dominated a prime Tim Duncan in the playoffs

Amare was great no doubt, but does that mean LA couldn't have been scary good with a prime Nash as well? I think he could've been.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 04:00 AM
Amare was great no doubt, but does that mean LA couldn't have been scary good with a prime Nash as well? I think he could've been.

Yea I'm not saying he wouldn't be but LMA is not the same kind of explosive freak Amare was driving the lane.

I would say LMA plays much more like Dirk than Amare.

Baller1
11-15-2012, 04:02 AM
Yea I'm not saying he wouldn't be but LMA is not the same kind of explosive freak Amare was driving the lane.

I would say LMA plays much more like Dirk than Amare.

True, that's a much better comparison. I wasn't necessarily referring to LA and Amare having similar games like the guy who said that earlier, just that LA might have had the same overall impact as Amare did if he ever played with a prime Nash.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 04:06 AM
True, that's a much better comparison. I wasn't necessarily referring to LA and Amare having similar games like the guy who said that earlier, just that LA might have had the same overall impact as Amare did if he ever played with a prime Nash.

I get what your saying. Don't get me wrong I love LMA's game, I just didn't get how a Suns fan (the poster before) would say LMA plays like Amare. There play style is not similar at all

Baller1
11-15-2012, 04:07 AM
I get what your saying. Don't get me wrong I love LMA's game, I just didn't get how a Suns fan (the poster before) would say LMA plays like Amare. There play style is not similar at all

Agreed. I'd actually argue that they're possibly exactly the opposite types of PF's.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 04:11 AM
Agreed. I'd actually argue that they're possibly exactly the opposite types of PF's.

Haha yes that argument could absolutely be made.

On another note I just hope Amare can come back healthy and contribute to my Knicks.

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 04:18 AM
LMA>Blake.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 04:30 AM

Love says hello

Kyben36
11-15-2012, 04:50 AM
you need a more demensional game then a guy like Bosh or Aldridge who just shoot jumpers or Blake and amare who just dunk the ball.

the greats where guys who could do both, Duncan and Garnet both had inside out games, and still are effective today.

Alayla
11-15-2012, 08:11 AM

he is the 2nd best power forward in the NBA have you even seen him play

DreamShaker
11-15-2012, 08:16 AM

And Duncan. And KG. But he was an offensive beast. Pretty much unstoppable on the pick and roll. LA is NOWHERE near Amare.

Patman
11-15-2012, 08:59 AM

their H2H playoff stats tell a bit different story. But Amare was an absolute beast in his prime with Nash. Nearly unstoppable and a great finisher and posed a lot of problems for Duncan and the Spurs.

As for LA were people really under impression that he was a down low banger? He has moves but he mostly is in the high post and pick and pops.

thenaj17
11-15-2012, 09:38 AM

Way too early, he's better than most PF's - these stats don't mean anything.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 09:49 AM
their H2H playoff stats tell a bit different story. But Amare was an absolute beast in his prime with Nash. Nearly unstoppable and a great finisher and posed a lot of problems for Duncan and the Spurs.

As for LA were people really under impression that he was a down low banger? He has moves but he mostly is in the high post and pick and pops.

Lol no they do not... just because the Spurs won those series does not mean the stats tell a different story. Remember the Suns would have beat the spurs if not for a ******** technicality where Amare stepping onto the court after Horry knocked out steve Nash.

Look at 2005 on when Amare had a couple years in the league. He destroyed the Spurs

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01/gamelog/2005/

41 37 34 31 42 That series.

kingjaymes23
11-15-2012, 10:04 AM
There is a reason Aldridge is an All Star. Now people are acting like he sucks on here. He is def a top 5 PF and yes, he is better than Blake.

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 10:11 AM
Love says hello

I'd still give to edge to Amare to to be honest. Stat was a beast come playoff time. Love? We'll see.

And Duncan. And KG. But he was an offensive beast. Pretty much unstoppable on the pick and roll. LA is NOWHERE near Amare.

I'm talking about currently not all time.

HouRealCoach
11-15-2012, 10:13 AM
I just want to know how Brook Lopez got TRASHED in 2011 for his horrible rebound numbers and LMA never does... He doesn't block, rebound, or win but gets so much praise

I would still take Love, Dirk, Griffin, Duncan, Randolph, Bosh, & Gasol over him... Maybe even Milsap

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 10:15 AM
:bla:

Swashcuff
11-15-2012, 10:29 AM
I just want to know how Brook Lopez got TRASHED in 2011 for his horrible rebound numbers and LMA never does... He doesn't block, rebound, or win but gets so much praise

I would still take Love, Dirk, Griffin, Duncan, Randolph, Bosh, & Gasol over him... Maybe even Milsap

1. LMA if better offensively than Brook
2. LMA is better defensively than Brook
3. LMA is a better rebounder than Brook
4. LMA in 2011 TOOK his team to the post season minus Brandon Roy, Greg Oden, Gerald Wallace and Marcus Camby for a large chunk of his team's games in the Western Conference.

So to answer your question he's better than Brook in almost every way. Blocking isn't all there is to D. Varejao doesn't block half as much as Brook but he's still 5x the defensive player than Brook is.

RonE Coleman
11-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Love says hello

No, just stop

LA RO
11-15-2012, 10:34 AM
you need a more demensional game then a guy like bosh or aldridge who just shoot jumpers or blake and amare who just dunk the ball.

The greats where guys who could do both, duncan and garnet both had inside out games, and still are effective today.

+1

Swashcuff
11-15-2012, 10:36 AM
No, just stop

Let's place Kevin Love on that Phoenix team. What do you think he does? He is already an extremely efficient scorer with great range and solid finishing ability and can murder in the PnR don't you think he's going to thrive with Nash?

Swashcuff
11-15-2012, 10:39 AM
+1

How can you +1 that? You do know that Amar'e developed one of the best mid range games in the NBA at his position right? You do know Blake does much more than just dunk right? Dirk has shot the highest % of jumpers of any 7 footer in the last 10 years but yet he's still one of the best offensive PFs of all time. That post is extremely flawed.

TheNumber37
11-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Aldridge equal channing Frye with max potential.

JiffyMix88
11-15-2012, 11:07 AM

i swear i had never heard of them even existing here a year a go just thought there were blake griffin and chris paul fans :shrug: