PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible Indy misses the playoffs?

#Shumpert Up
11-14-2012, 10:40 PM
Indiana, without granger, quite frankly looks lost. Hibbert regressing isnt helping in the slightest bit. They are 3-5 and getting blown out by the bucks. This does not look like a playoff team to me anymore. They may make the playoffs but are most definitely not a lock anymore. Especially with Chicago holding their own. If Chi-town wins the division my prediction is Milwaukee and not Indy will be the 2nd team out of the central division and no other central team makes it.

Discuss!

GoPacers33
11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Yes. I honestly think they will not make the playoffs or be an 7 or 8 seed. They play like **** every night and it is not fun to watch. If something doesn't change soon the Pacers might Mike Brown Vogels ***. I know its only 8 1/2 games in but this is bull ****

ACanadian
11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
4-8 seed at best

Ebbs
11-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Hibbert wasn't worth the contract. PG is to timid to be a franchise player. This team won't get out of the first round if they do make the post season.

SteBO
11-14-2012, 10:56 PM
Oh please. Indy will make the playoffs.

heyman321
11-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Hibbert is playing like crap and it's pissing me off casue I have him on my fantasy!!! Allstar my ***.

KnickaBocka.44
11-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Very possible, they look atrocious

pacersfan1967
11-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Hibbert wasn't worth the contract. PG is to timid to be a franchise player. This team won't get out of the first round if they do make the post season. your right hibbert contract isn't worth it ..I don't think there a playoff team more likely a lottery team...

xxplayerxx23
11-14-2012, 11:04 PM
No chance they miss.

#Shumpert Up
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM
No chance they miss.

why not? after tonight they'll be 3-6...and i mean come on they lost to the raptors...

Mr. Baller
11-14-2012, 11:10 PM
I am not sold on them making it either. It might look like its overreacting, but they CAN NOT score the basketball.

xxplayerxx23
11-14-2012, 11:13 PM
why not? after tonight they'll be 3-6...and i mean come on they lost to the raptors...

Isnt it 3-5?Either way Way too ealry, no way are there 8 teams better by the end of the year in the east that is.

Ebbs
11-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Indiana has been looking for a franchise player for a decade. What this should do though is silence all the Granger critics in the area who constantly under value him. Maybe they will appreciate what he does for them now.

shep33
11-14-2012, 11:15 PM
C'mon now, they'll make it.

ombada
11-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Weve been sooo bad, i wouldnt be surprised if we miss out on the playoffs if granger takes too long to get back. I mean our offense is anemic right now. I honestly dont even see PG's calling plays, All the offensive sets look the same. Ive never seen so much pointless iso in my life. We are not going to our strong suit, the post game. Its just been really really bad.

Swashcuff
11-15-2012, 12:26 AM
I see PG facing an Iggy type conundrum. All these expectations being unfairly placed on him when in truth and in fact he really isn't that type of player more of a complementary than a 1st or even a 2nd best player on a championship calibre team.

Granger is their best player and they are severely missing him on both ends of the floor IMO. No question Hibbert's contract is/was one of the worst and despite his solid play on D (really nothing to boast about IMO) he isn't a good fit with West (that says more about Hibbert than West IMO) on offense and doesn't have the type of PG that can consistently find him in good positions for the basket. Pacers are going to be stuck in mediocrity for some time but this is the East and IMO they still have a decent chance at making the post season.

PacersForLife
11-15-2012, 01:04 AM
There is no other way to put it, we SUCK right now. I didn't even bother watching the game tonight. I saw the first minute or so and I was done. I really miss Granger, but I don't think he is going to solve all of our problems right now. I think it is on the front office for not putting together a better bench.

Yes, Hibbert is overpaid, but we really had no choice. We didn't know he was going to come out looking like the rookie version of himself this year. He brings in a lot of fans with his fan section. This state is only gonna support this team if we are doing good and right now Roy's section just might be the only guys showing up to games.

I wouldn't be surprised if we make a major move by the trade deadline if things don't improve. Either that or Vogel loses his job. It's hard to tell what's really causing this funk we're in right now, whether it's the new players/Roy, the front office, the coach, or all of the above.

PacersForLife
11-15-2012, 01:08 AM
I see PG facing an Iggy type conundrum. All these expectations being unfairly placed on him when in truth and in fact he really isn't that type of player more of a complementary than a 1st or even a 2nd best player on a championship calibre team.

As of right now, I would agree. He doesn't have the ability to take over games. I don't know if he ever will. While it is only his third year and he is probably my favorite player, I could tell last year that he wasn't ever going to be what we wanted him to be.

ombada
11-15-2012, 03:12 AM
One thing that really bugs me is that im not seeing any offensive sets being run by our PG's I dont ever see them call plays. They cross the halfcourt line and pass it to Paul George for an iso, or try to feed it into the post. If a post player gets it and doesnt have deep position, he stands there for 4 or 5 seconds trying to pass the ball out to someone else. By the time this happens there is 10 seconds or less on the clock. There is so little off the ball movement its sickening. I cant pin point the problem, but its getting worse with each game.

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2012, 03:20 AM
hopefully...keeps the slim hope for my Raptors alive.

Alayla
11-15-2012, 08:05 AM
they will make the playoffs but ive felt that they got Wrose the minute they lost collision He was really undervalued.

AddiX
11-15-2012, 09:31 AM
they will make the playoffs but ive felt that they got Wrose the minute they lost collision He was really undervalued.

Agreed about collison, that not having him really stands out this year.

But i disagree they will make playoffs. They look awful, uninspired, and lack any scorers who really seem to want to be the man, without granger. They need someone, who, even if there not a real star, can at least act like one.

I see some coaching changes, and big trades in there future, which is sad because it wasn't long ago they looked like they were on the right track.