1. Johnny Cueto
2. R.A. Dickey
3. Clayton Kershaw

John Erardi of Cincinnati
NL ROY
1. Todd Frazier
2. Bryce Harper
3. Wade Miley

What is the point in letting them vote if they are just going to vote for their guys?

I am happy that Tom Hardicourt and George King have had their privileges taken away at this point, but what is the point in letting guys that do this continue to vote?

The only first place vote for a guy is from that guys home city? It's clearly a homer vote when that happens.

utl768
11-14-2012, 08:19 PM
that moron from espn with the bad hairline who voted for kimbrell

MetsFanatic19
11-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Unless thye pick out a select few of sports analysts and nuetral voters, it will always be like this. Whether it's sports reporters in a city, a teammate, or a coach, some people will always vote for their guy and not who deserves it.

Rush
11-14-2012, 08:25 PM
that moron from espn with the bad hairline who voted for kimbrell

Who dat be?

JaysFan87
11-14-2012, 08:26 PM
ohhh **** off drew davidson voted for ****in rodney?? this is why its a falwed system even though i think they got it right this year.

Jeffy25
11-14-2012, 08:32 PM
ohhh **** off drew davidson voted for ****in rodney?? this is why its a falwed system even though i think they got it right this year.

Pretty sure he voted Michael Young first place in AL MVP last year

Jeffy25
11-14-2012, 08:32 PM
and I meant to say George King in my initial post, who left Pedro off a ballot one year 'because pitchers don't deserve the award' and then voted for David Wells the next year

JaysFan87
11-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure he voted Michael Young first place in AL MVP last year

different texas guy did that. i forgot his name tho.

GasMan
11-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Which is why these awards are meaningless

TheRazorboy
11-14-2012, 08:58 PM
Which is why these awards are meaningless

Not to their agents.

Daaaarryyl
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
and I meant to say George King in my initial post, who left Pedro off a ballot one year 'because pitchers don't deserve the award' and then voted for David Wells the next year

I'll never forget that. He was a Yankee beat reporter for the NY Post.

Just a pathetic homer who I hope isn't even a journalist anymore.

Jeffy25
11-14-2012, 10:08 PM
I'll never forget that. He was a Yankee beat reporter for the NY Post.

Just a pathetic homer who I hope isn't even a journalist anymore.

And he was obsessed with Jeter

GasMan
11-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Not to their agents.

Exactly, and we all know agents only care about the truth.

Scully in 2012
11-14-2012, 10:26 PM
The voting system is severally flawed, obviously.

Verlander should have won in the AL

Kershaw should have won in the NL

dickey had a great year but you can't count the W-L column to determine how great a pitcher is.

Jeffy25
11-14-2012, 10:31 PM

dickey had a great year but you can't count the W-L column to determine how great a pitcher is.

Neither were snubbed, this was a close call between both first and second place winners in both.

The winners are not the issue.

doyerfan59
11-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Two guys left Kershaw completely off the NL ballot. Dude from SD and Miami I believe

lvlheaded
11-14-2012, 11:21 PM
I have no problem with the people that won as I believe both were deserving. I believe the two that finished second in both leagues also were deserving, so really even if Verlander and Kershaw won I would have been fine with it.

The problem is the ridiculous bias some of these guys show. How could you possibly vote Kimbrel 1st? I know he had a great year but c'mon man. And anyone voting Todd Frazier for ROY over Bryce is clearly a homer. And I refuse to even get into leaving Kershaw off the ballot entirely because that is a bigger joke than the Marlins.

The guys who vote extremely homerificly should have their vote taken from them

Rush
11-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Two guys left Kershaw completely off the NL ballot. Dude from SD and Miami I believe

That's ridiculous.

Scully in 2012
11-15-2012, 12:15 AM

That's ridiculous.

Exactly!

Scully in 2012
11-15-2012, 12:19 AM

Neither were snubbed, this was a close call between both first and second place winners in both.

The winners are not the issue.

Not true, Kershaw got hosed on 1st place votes.

WOwolfOL
11-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Who do you guys think should do the voting?

Jeffy25
11-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Who do you guys think should do the voting?

I just think they should actually look for knowledgable people to make the votes.

In a perfect world

You would have the 32 voters for the MVP, do a fan vote that counts for 1 more ballot, and have the league front office get to vote for one ballot, have coaches do a vote for one ballot, and have the players get the one last ballot.

All together, 36 ballot votes, 4 of them not by writers, but on total votes that could potentially affect the outcome.

Or something like this. We clearly have people that don't deserve to have a ballot voting, last year especially it was evident.

Jeffy25
11-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Not true, Kershaw got hosed on 1st place votes.

He still ended up getting second, which he deserved to either win or get second.