PDA

View Full Version : On the Block

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2012, 02:19 PM
http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-trade-rumors-who-may-be-dealt-2/

Hoopsworld is reporting the following players are on the block. I have comments next to the names.

Josh Smith, Atlanta Hawks I think the concern here is losing him to free agency.
Jose Calderon, Toronto Raptors Perfect fit for LAL
Monta Ellis, Milwaukee Bucks Again, likely concerned about losing him to free agency.
Rudy Gay, Memphis Grizzlies I didn't know this. Gay played very well for them in the post season and hit some big shots.
Tyreke Evans, Sacramento Kings I had heard this, but I like Evans a lot, not sure why Sac-town would want to move him already.
Wilson Chandler, Denver Nuggets Deep team with a back-log.
Paul Millsap, Utah Jazz I guess the Jazz like Favours? Why aren't they giving him more minutes?
Al Jefferson, Utah Jazz Don't know why the Jazz would put both these guys on the block.
Anderson Varejao, Cleveland Cavaliers Hadn't heard this. He's playing so well. Not sure why they would want to move him, though pairing him with Dwight would be amazing!
Al Harrington, Orlando Magic-
J.J. Redick, Orlando Magic Magic looking to move anybody doesn't surprise me since they are rebuilding.
Derrick Williams, Minnesota Timberwolves Doubt they will get much for him unless he starts producing, but with the injuries they have right now, it might be a good idea to give him some minutes and run some plays for him with the hopes of increasing his trade value. Why they drafted him when they had Loveis beyond me.
Tyrus Thomas, Charlotte Bobcats Nobody is taking on this contract.
Tayshaun Prince, Detroit Pistons I though Joe D. wanted Prince to retire a Piston after the contract he gave him, and be the vertan leader on this young team. I'm n ot sure Detroit has him on the block.
DeJuan Blair, San Antonio Spurs I heard this after the post-season, but then nothing happened and the Spurs have him back in the rotation?
Jimmer Fredette, Sacramento Kings He's a tweener. Talented, but to small for his skill set. It'll be hard to get much for him.
Raja Bell, Utah Jazz This guy is being a diva.
Larry Sanders, Milwaukee Bucks- Not sure why the bucks would want to move him. He's playing well (as are the Bucks) and is on a rookie contract.

Any thoughts on where any of these guys might end up?

MrfadeawayJB
11-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I dispute the Rudy Gay trade rumors. With the way he and Z-bo have played together so far this season (their chemistry was a issue) i dont see grizz letting either of them go

SACNYY
11-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Tyreke for Josh Smith

DanG
11-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Calderon :drool:

Lakersfanla24
11-14-2012, 02:30 PM
you forgot steve blake and chris duhon :laugh:

MrfadeawayJB
11-14-2012, 02:33 PM
I think Utah needs to move one of their bigs before the deadline. Way too croweded in the front court

Lakersfanla24
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkewftk

:D wishful thinking

ManningToTyree
Amare if anyone would go near that contract.

sep11ie
AlJeff or Mansap to the Rockets. I'd love to see Rudy Gay over here also.

Baller1
11-14-2012, 02:42 PM
Millsap or Tayshuan to OKC would be scary.

Deception
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM

Tayshaun for the 1st you got from Houston... Deal

The goods
11-14-2012, 02:47 PM
We need Calderon and Josh Smith, set up a 3 team deal. Lol

Lakersfanla24
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
We need Calderon and Josh Smith, set up a 3 team deal. Lol

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bgub47u

I still prefer the one i made above...... dont need Smith he is a chucker

Chronz
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM

Why Tay?

MetroMan
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Any sources or is this made up?

chicagocubsfan
11-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Tyreke to the Bulls.

Cal827
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Calderon and Bargnani for Gasol and Blake or Duhon. I saw it somewhere (I think The Score) and it kinda makes sense. LAL gets a great back-up PG and an outside big (which would be great for D'Antoni's system as Howard could P/R with Nash/Calderon and Bargs could get open from beyond the arc. Bargs is terrible at rebounding, but the Lakers have above average rebounders at C in SG in Kobe/Howard, as well as Jordan Hill off the bench, so it wouldn't be a terrible issue, at least I would think.

Raptors get a better defensive PF (I know, I know, amazing huh?, who could help tutor JV's developement. With Gasol, JV would likely foul out less as the PF wouldn't blow by ours for rebounds or defensively as often. The less help D that JV plays the better (at least at this time) lol

akesh99
11-14-2012, 02:56 PM
Calderon and Ed Davis for Tyreke!

Baller1
11-14-2012, 02:59 PM
Why Tay?

Championship experience, strong defender, still a solid player. A perfect backup for KD, in my opinion.

SACNYY
11-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Tyreke to the Bulls.

For Deng

Chronz
11-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Championship experience, strong defender, still a solid player. A perfect backup for KD, in my opinion.

Its all rep tho, hes probably more of a liability defensively than anything.

Chill_Will_24
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
Millsap to HOU makes the most sense to me. They need help for Harden on offense. He cannot carry the load by himself. They have NOBODY else that can score

topdog
11-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Derrick Williams, Minnesota Timberwolves – Doubt they will get much for him unless he starts producing, but with the injuries they have right now, it might be a good idea to give him some minutes and run some plays for him with the hopes of increasing his trade value. Why they drafted him when they had Loveis beyond me.

He was the concensus #2 pick in a lockout-weakened draft. Further, if they had taken Kanter or Valanciunas, there's already Pekovic at the C spot.

I'm sure Williams still has relatively decent value (not great but decent) considering he is just entering his 2nd year, shows flashes of what could be and hasn't been terrible.

I could maybe see something working out on that list between Minnesota and teams like Orlando (Reddick) or Denver (Wilson).

YoungOne
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
big al back to boston

Twinsfan24
11-14-2012, 03:22 PM
He was the concensus #2 pick in a lockout-weakened draft. Further, if they had taken Kanter or Valanciunas, there's already Pekovic at the C spot.

I'm sure Williams still has relatively decent value (not great but decent) considering he is just entering his 2nd year, shows flashes of what could be and hasn't been terrible.

I could maybe see something working out on that list between Minnesota and teams like Orlando (Reddick) or Denver (Wilson).

I would love to see Reddick or Wilson in a Wolves uni! And to add to the Dwill talk I was going to say the same thing. You take the best player available at the time. He really needs to learn how to drive. He doesn't know how to get his shot off but does have good games from time to time!

chicagocubsfan
11-14-2012, 03:25 PM
For Deng
How about Nate Robinson and Benny the Bull?

SACNYY
11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
How about Nate Robinson and Benny the Bull?

How about we trade owners? We'll include Tyreke.

chicagocubsfan
11-14-2012, 03:29 PM
How about we trade owners? We'll include Tyreke.

I'll have to think about that. I don't think the Maloofs would move us to Virginia Beach lol. And Reinsdorf is a cheap SOB. Maybe.

mdm692
11-14-2012, 03:38 PM
Send Al jefferson to Hawks, J-smoove to phx(:D), send Dudley, Marshall, Wes(cap space) and picks to Utah along with a pick to or 2 to ATL.

310Casper
11-14-2012, 03:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bkewftk

:D wishful thinking

Raptors trading away calderon for 3 garbage players with contracts no one wants, especialy metta's contract. lol definitely wishful thinking

JordansBulls
11-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Boozer for Josh Smith.

nickdymez
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Boozer for Josh Smith.

Terrible

topdog
11-14-2012, 04:14 PM
Homerish trade scenario that nets a good player for a horrible one.

SteBO
11-14-2012, 04:22 PM
I dispute the Rudy Gay trade rumors. With the way he and Z-bo have played together so far this season (their chemistry was a issue) i dont see grizz letting either of them go
I agree. Unless Memphis wants to shed salary and feature Z-Bo and Marc Gasol more, they have no real reason to want put Rudy on the block. They're 5-1 for a reason.

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2012, 04:22 PM

I don't blame them for taking him, because you are quite right, EVERYBODY had him going at number 2, my point is more, why wouldn't they trade that pick? Most teams would kill for a pick that high and would be more than happy to give up an established starter. I think they could have gotten something better suited to the team's needs.

I Rock Shaqs
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Would have helped if you bolded the players names or something my eyes suck

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM

I'm inclined to agree with you. Unless this is an OKC type situation and they are just concerned about salary, there is no reason to move Gay. He's a clutch shooter and fits in so well with this roster. I think they have a great core.

Six-8-TheWizard
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
Any sources or is this made up?

Its the NBA forum, no sources necessary ;)

shep33
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Bargs and Jose and a pick or filler for Pau + Blake is something I could see. I don't think Smith is in the ATL past the deadline

b_russ
11-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Maybe I'm overvaluing Millsap here but what about this trade (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqswvdy)?

topdog
11-14-2012, 04:57 PM
I don't blame them for taking him, because you are quite right, EVERYBODY had him going at number 2, my point is more, why wouldn't they trade that pick? Most teams would kill for a pick that high and would be more than happy to give up an established starter. I think they could have gotten something better suited to the team's needs.

From what we heard here in Minnesota, Kahn was talking to E'rybody. There were rumors about Bogut and Gasol that were denied. Essentially, a good deal didn't come about so Minnesota kept the pick (the highest pick ever for the Wolves) and let things develop. It still is only the very start of the second year.

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Maybe I'm overvaluing Millsap here but what about this trade (http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aqswvdy)?

I think the Bucks may actually be willing to do that. When Jennings contract is up this year, if he continues to play at the level he is at, he will ask for a max-deal. I don't think the Bucks want to over-pay for talent the way some other teams have. I think they'd rather get a guy like Milsap instead. Don't have to break the bank with him. If they keep Jennings, they may end up in the same situation that the Wizards were in with Agent Zero, where they have to overpay for keep the guy.

If I was them, I'd be moving Jennigns while his stock is high and then not worry about having to overpay him.

Dump him on TO for Lowry, I'm sure Coangelo would be dumb enough to go for that trade.