PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats 3-3....is an 8 seed out of the question?

superior
11-14-2012, 10:32 AM
I know, I know, it's a little early in the season to be getting hyped up about the Bobcats at 3-3, but......Does anybody on this site think it's at all possible for Charlotte to sneak the 8th seed?

Please don't come and post on how much you think the Bobcats suck and yada yada, I'm asking an honest question.

Miami
New York
Boston
Brooklyn
Chicago
Philly
Indiana
__________________________________________________ __
^ These are the teams I "think" are locks, so that leaves Charlotte fighting with the following teams for the 8 seed.

Toronto
Milwaukee
Cleveland
Detroit
Atlanta
Orlando
Washington

So tell me guys, is it possible? Or am I dreaming?

hugepatsfan
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
Anything's possible. But even if you don't want to hear it, I look at their roster and can't help but to say that they suck. I don't think they'll be very good.

spreadeagle
11-14-2012, 10:34 AM
dreaming BUT Kemba and MGK have been really good so far

SteBO
11-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Sorry man I think it's a long shot. Atlanta, Milwaukee, and Cleveland have more talent on their respective teams than Charlotte. It's bottom of the eastern standings though, so maybe it is possible as hugepatsfan said. It'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds.....

JasonJohnHorn
Not going to happen. Two of their wins were against short handed teams, and one was again the Wizards. And one of their losses was by like 27 points to a short handed team.

I see some of the players in Charlotte improving, and expect the team can win as many as 20 more games this year (which is a huge improvement), but I don't expect for them to even finish close to .500. Lets not forget that the Magic started the season undefeated for a couple of games ;-)

black1605
Way too early, but it is a positive sign that we have won two of those games without Henderson, and last we won last night without Henderson or Gordon.

I'm really looking forward to tonight's game against Minnesota.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
How is MKG?

Badluck33
11-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Knicks 5-0

can they go 82 - 0?

superior
11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Knicks 5-0

can they go 82 - 0?

Bro what kind of dumb comparison is that??? What does that even have to do with me asking if my team has achance at the 8th seed? U sound like a little boy who just learned about basketball and is now trying to "punk" his elders with irrelevant statements, Go pack your lunchbox, kiddo, you're late for school..... GTFOH

spreadeagle
11-14-2012, 10:47 AM
How is MKG?

looks good so far

black1605
11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
How is MKG?

He looks better every game. He was on pace for a big game last night before he tweaked his back and was somewhat slowed down in the second half.

His last three games:

17.3 ppg
8.7 rpg
2 bpg
1 spg

59% from the field
93% from the line

Hopefully there are no lingering issues from his injury.

superior
11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
MKG is going to be ROY...Book it

ACanadian
11-14-2012, 11:12 AM
Bobcat's has made some good moves this summer, but they are too young and inexperienced to beat the top team's

kyubi256
11-14-2012, 11:13 AM
They have a shot but it'd be hard. They have to start beating some of the bad teams or teams around their level if they wish to make the playoffs

raiderposting
11-14-2012, 12:22 PM
why would bobcat fans want an 8 seed going up against the powers of the east they'll never be successful like that. get a top 2 pick one more time and then you guys in 2 or so years can become a very good team. yes TANK.

Sly Guy
11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
ATL, MIL, CLE are all better, IMO.

richiesaurus310
11-14-2012, 02:04 PM
The bobcats making the playoffs would be the worst thing that could happen to them as odd as that sounds. Theyll never be good enough to win it all, but they wont have a high draft pick either. The bobcats should trade with a team like the cavs and clear cap space to go after a superstar or 2 to add to kemba and kdd-gilchrist. You could trade Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon, Biyembo, and this years first to Cleveland for the expiring contracts of Luke Walton, Daniel Gibson, Casspi, Pargo. Add that to the already expiring contracts of diop, henderson, mullens, and williams and you're left with like $28 million in cap space, and youd still have kemba and gilchrist. This is what the Clippers did to unload Baron Davis.

Maybe they could sign Al Jefferson and Josh Smith. Then just pick up some vets for cheap and the Bobcats could compete finally.

ManningToTyree
11-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I can't see it, but they are headed in the right direction.

Chronz
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Alil early?

MrfadeawayJB
11-14-2012, 02:27 PM
why would bobcat fans want an 8 seed going up against the powers of the east they'll never be successful like that. get a top 2 pick one more time and then you guys in 2 or so years can become a very good team. yes TANK.

because 8th seed in the playoffs is something they have not experienced

but to answer the question, no i dont think they will make it

Twinsfan24
11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Way too early, but it is a positive sign that we have won two of those games without Henderson, and last we won last night without Henderson or Gordon.

I am looking forward to it too! Sucks that we are without Roy, Love, Rubio, Pek, Buddinger, and Barea :cry: LOL

But I am intrigued by the Bobcats I even picked them as one of my teams to watch on league pass! Should be an interesting game! Good Luck!

bigsams50
11-14-2012, 02:33 PM
As impressive as it would be, i dont really want playoffs yet. We need at least, another top 5 talent on this team. Its nice to see the players respond the way they have this year though.

king4day
11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
I can't see them making it but it's a good time to grow. Kemba is looking like he's going to be a star (so far) and MKG is showing he was worth taking with the #2 instead of trading it.

king4day
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Another question I'd ask is, should Charlotte finish with 35-40 wins, would Dunlap have any shot at coach of the year?

Baller1
11-14-2012, 02:39 PM
Sorry, but there's really just no chance. If I'm a Charlotte fan, I'm excited with what the youth has been able to produce early this season... But realistically, the Bobcats aren't going to sniff the playoffs this season.

If their young guys are showing their true potential though, then they've got something nice for the near future.

Baller1
11-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Another question I'd ask is, should Charlotte finish with 35-40 wins, would Dunlap have any shot at coach of the year?

I'd say so. I mean it would obviously depend on how other coaches/team perform, but I would definitely have him toward the top of the list regardless if Charlotte were able to pull that off.

black1605
11-14-2012, 03:34 PM
because 8th seed in the playoffs is something they have not experienced

but to answer the question, no i dont think they will make it

We've never experienced 8th seed, but we have experienced 7th.

As far as making it this year, I'm on the fence. As has already been stated, we still need top tier young talents to round out the core, but if this team is good enough to make it, I'm all for it.

We will go into the offseason with some flexibility to improve regardless. Diop's awful deal will expire, Warrick's contract becomes a team option that probably wont't be picked up, and we still have our Amnesty to use on Thomas, which unless he improves significantly during the course of the season, looks like it will happen. That frees up around twenty million dollars.

One obvious downside of making the playoffs is that the Bulls would get our draft pick, but on the flipside, we could still end up with Portland's pick this year. We're also owed a first round pick from Detroit, but as sad as they look so far, we won't be cashing in on that this year.

mightybosstone
11-14-2012, 03:50 PM
To answer the OP's question, I think Charlotte will hit some bumps in the road this season that will prevent them from being competitive for that No. 8 seed. HOWEVER, fans of this franchise clearly finally have something to be excited about. I haven't had the opportunity to watch a game yet, but I've been seriously impressed by the numbers Walker and Sessions are putting up. Also, I think MKG had bust written all over him after the preseason, but he's been putting up some disgusting numbers the last few games.

I think they still need to add a talented young big man to that core, but that team is exciting, and I could legitimately see them making the playoffs 1-2 seasons down the road.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2012, 04:28 PM

Out for tonights game:

Love
Rubio
Pekovic
Budinger
Roy
Barea

You won't be playing the Wolves, you will be playing 9 role players haha. But good luck either way dude. I am sure our mascot will tear his achilles tendon tonight, seems fitting.

Blitzbolt
11-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Its hard for me to name Bobcat players I don't anything about them.

So I have no idea.

mightybosstone
11-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Its hard for me to name Bobcat players I don't anything about them.

So I have no idea.

Thanks for bringing that to the table. This discussion would have gone nowhere if not for this brilliant insight.

NYYCowboys
11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Mike Dunlap coach of the year. #STJBB

DanG
11-14-2012, 04:55 PM
Too early to tell. I'm not sure if they can play good and consistant on the road.

Bruno
11-14-2012, 05:03 PM
they won't make the playoffs. they will still be in contention for a top three pick come lottery.

The 2011 Cavs went 7-9 through their first 16 games. people were thinkin, wow- they aren't that bad, maybe they'll be near .500 by the end of the year. But the writing was on the wall. Their SRS gave them away.

The 2011 Cavs had a SRS of -8.88 (30/30). They ended up finishing 19-63.

The 2013 Bobcats (despite being .500) have an SRS of -6.15 (25th/30).

Looking at these numbers, I'd say the Bobcats will finish with a low-five record, and will get a top 7 draft pick for 2014.

they're young, they're fun to watch, they have way more potential than the 2011 Cavs, but they still don't know how to win.

Weezy
11-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Nope but they have a nice future. I loved their pick right away with MKG. Happy for them, they deserve it after such a rough season.

black1605
11-15-2012, 01:53 AM
4-3.

I know we have played some teams with injury issues, especially tonight, but we are dealing with injury issues of our own, and wins are wins. Three wins away from matching our total from last year, and we haven't even played 1/8 of the season yet.

Small victories.

Guppyfighter
11-15-2012, 02:10 AM
4-3.

I know we have played some teams with injury issues, especially tonight, but we are dealing with injury issues of our own, and wins are wins. Three wins away from matching our total from last year, and we haven't even played 1/8 of the season yet.

Small victories.

Band wagoner

black1605
11-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Band wagoner

Sure thing.

lamzoka
11-15-2012, 02:21 AM
indiana is not a lock, i think the bucks gotta better chance than the pacers

gwrighter
11-15-2012, 02:26 AM
As a Raptor fan this is nice to see.

mdm692
11-15-2012, 02:43 AM
If they do Kemba for MIP and MKG for ROY.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 04:21 AM
4-3.

Small victories.

Do you really think your injury issues are even comparable to the team you beat tonight?

Guppyfighter
11-15-2012, 04:30 AM
Do you really think your injury issues are even comparable to the team you beat tonight?

I want him to say yes.

Phenomenonsense
11-15-2012, 04:36 AM
they won't make the playoffs. they will still be in contention for a top three pick come lottery.

The 2011 Cavs went 7-9 through their first 16 games. people were thinkin, wow- they aren't that bad, maybe they'll be near .500 by the end of the year. But the writing was on the wall. Their SRS gave them away.

The 2011 Cavs had a SRS of -8.88 (30/30). They ended up finishing 19-63.

The 2013 Bobcats (despite being .500) have an SRS of -6.15 (25th/30).

Looking at these numbers, I'd say the Bobcats will finish with a low-five record, and will get a top 7 draft pick for 2014.

they're young, they're fun to watch, they have way more potential than the 2011 Cavs, but they still don't know how to win.

Wow. Pistons have -10.88. Shabazz here we come!

Kyben36
11-15-2012, 05:05 AM
I said the same thing in the fear the deer thread, 7 games into the season, lakers are the 2nd worst team in the west, and the NY Knicks win the East. both are not hapening. things will change, good start but nothing to boast about yet.

cuttydoesit6
11-15-2012, 05:43 AM
no

NYYCowboys
11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
To put this start into prospective, if they win 4 more games they will have eclipsed their total from last season. Even though last year was a shortened season, that's still pretty impressive, and my man Mike Dunlap deserves a ton of credit.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Kemba is doing his best to convince me their capable. I think their a year away still but who knows. They're clearly looking to make it. The Win today was a statement, the Warrick trade was also a good move. Maybe they're players at the deadline and make a move for a piece that puts them in contention

UPRock
11-15-2012, 06:49 AM
MKG and Kemba :drool:

Alayla
11-15-2012, 07:53 AM
Bro what kind of dumb comparison is that??? What does that even have to do with me asking if my team has achance at the 8th seed? U sound like a little boy who just learned about basketball and is now trying to "punk" his elders with irrelevant statements, Go pack your lunchbox, kiddo, you're late for school..... GTFOH

you sound mad.. but really hes Right Its too early to tell anything and thinking its possible for the bobcats to finish as 500 is just as crazy as the idea of the knicks going undefeated. Both teams would need way more talent frist lol

DreamShaker
11-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Serious question: Is Bismack any good? His stats look bad, but I haven't seen him play.

JayW_1023
11-15-2012, 08:07 AM
The Bobcats are no longer a joke.

bigbeardaboss
11-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Kemba is doing his best to convince me their capable. I think their a year away still but who knows. They're clearly looking to make it. The Win today was a statement, the Warrick trade was also a good move. Maybe they're players at the deadline and make a move for a piece that puts them in contention

My first thoughts on the question was YES, OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!!

But you make a good point and at minimum they appear to be better than they were last year

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Serious question: Is Bismack any good? His stats look bad, but I haven't seen him play.

He still has a loooooong way to go. He is virtually useless at times on offense. And he has a problem with jumping too much on D.

black1605
11-15-2012, 10:25 AM

Dude, everyone gets it. You have a ton of injuries, but beating a depleted Timberwolves team is just as good as beating the Lakers in the win column.

kduce
11-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Dude, everyone gets it. You have a ton of injuries, but beating a depleted Timberwolves team is just as good as beating the Lakers in the win column.

True story.

Anything can happen I think you guys have a shot, but it wont be easy by any means. The good thing is that the bottom of the East is really open for the taking for whichever team wants to step up.

I was hoping the Pistons would be working for that spot, but being 1 and 8 I am going to let about 10 more games go before I decide what they will be capable of.

MKG sounds amazing and I though Kemba would be good for your team.. so far so good right?

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 04:24 PM

I completely agree that an win in the NBA is a win. I am just doing my best to make sure everyone knows how machine gunned we are haha. ****, we just signed Josh Howard. Really?

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Kemba would still be a great 6th man imho. He is a scoring guard, and good at it. I hope down the line his role becomes to be a scoring spark. Mullens looked good last night, and I do like MKG, though he didn't do much last night but get in foul trouble. I told the Wolves board that their guards would kill us, until Rubio gets back quick guards eat us alive. Kemba/Sessions went for 40-9.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 04:33 PM
I completely agree that an win in the NBA is a win. I am just doing my best to make sure everyone knows how machine gunned we are haha. ****, we just signed Josh Howard. Really?

Lol you seem surprised. T-wolves are the team of 2nd chances.

Roy, AK, now Josh Howard.

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 04:40 PM
Kemba would still be a great 6th man imho. He is a scoring guard, and good at it. I hope down the line his role becomes to be a scoring spark. Mullens looked good last night, and I do like MKG, though he didn't do much last night but get in foul trouble. I told the Wolves board that their guards would kill us, until Rubio gets back quick guards eat us alive. Kemba/Sessions went for 40-9.

While i agree Kemba would be a greath 6th man, do you not think that he can be a good starter? As for Mullens, i can speak for a few Bobcats fans, when i say we hate him alot of times. All he does is shoot 3's. MKG has been great this year, but last night was an off day for him. He did hurt his back i think the night before though

topdog
11-15-2012, 04:49 PM
While i agree Kemba would be a greath 6th man, do you not think that he can be a good starter? As for Mullens, i can speak for a few Bobcats fans, when i say we hate him alot of times. All he does is shoot 3's. MKG has been great this year, but last night was an off day for him. He did hurt his back i think the night before though

I know you're question was for Hawk, but I was talking about this with someone the other day and I, for one, think Walker is one of those players better served in the 6th man role like a J.J. Barea or a Nate Robinson. They are at their best when their free to attack and get assists more as a consequence of drawing the defense to them than setting someone else up.

Those guys are good players, but they are not ideal for a starting lineup where a good team should have better 1st options.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:00 PM

Kemba can be a good starter, but lets be honest. He is a midget 2-guard in all reality. I honestly think the scorer off the bench role is better suited for him bringing wins to his team down the line, though he, and the Cat's need to go through development. And quite frankly, there is nobody to replace him as a starter, unless you want to roll with Sessions. You don't bring your best player off the bench if you are a lottery team. So the Cats simply need to get another stud in the draft, keep developing, and down the line, I think Kemba would be a 6th man of the year type player if they can build a roster that allows him to move to the bench.

Rivera
11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
yes they have kemba he can make it possible kemba is a beast

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I know you're question was for Hawk, but I was talking about this with someone the other day and I, for one, think Walker is one of those players better served in the 6th man role like a J.J. Barea or a Nate Robinson. They are at their best when their free to attack and get assists more as a consequence of drawing the defense to them than setting someone else up.

Those guys are good players, but they are not ideal for a starting lineup where a good team should have better 1st options.

I agree 100% that Kemba would be better as a 6th man. But i also think he can be a good starter with the right cast around him. Yes, he i undersized and at times struggles on D (he seems to be solid what i've seen so far this year, dont know what the stats will show though lol ), he is proving he can score in this league, and he has a leadership quality about him. IDK, maybe its because i'm a homer, but i have faith in him. I didnt last year lol

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 05:23 PM
Kemba can be a good starter, but lets be honest. He is a midget 2-guard in all reality. I honestly think the scorer off the bench role is better suited for him bringing wins to his team down the line, though he, and the Cat's need to go through development. And quite frankly, there is nobody to replace him as a starter, unless you want to roll with Sessions. You don't bring your best player off the bench if you are a lottery team. So the Cats simply need to get another stud in the draft, keep developing, and down the line, I think Kemba would be a 6th man of the year type player if they can build a roster that allows him to move to the bench.

I agree completely, he is an undersized 2-guard, but that doesnt mean he cant start at the point. He will never be a Rondo, CP3, or Rubio type of player (which i prefer at the point), but i think in the right system he can be a good starter. Like in Dunlaps current system, he seems to be thriving. As for 6th man of the year, Sessions could be an option this year :D lol

topdog
11-15-2012, 05:24 PM
I agree 100% that Kemba would be better as a 6th man. But i also think he can be a good starter with the right cast around him. Yes, he i undersized and at times struggles on D (he seems to be solid what i've seen so far this year, dont know what the stats will show though lol ), he is proving he can score in this league, and he has a leadership quality about him. IDK, maybe its because i'm a homer, but i have faith in him. I didnt last year lol

I remember Kemba's 1st year at UCONN and I wanted him to come out in that draft so we could get him at 20 or something like that. He's definitely a winner and a gamer, but he's not a guy you want spotting up (because of his size/abilities) so you always kind of have to have the ball in his hands.

Personally, I just don't think it bodes well for a team to have Walker as a starter or else it means he's not being fully utilized. Obviously, right now the Bobcats are still finding themselves and they don't have a true franchise player or legit #1 option. He works fine as a starter until you get guys who need more touches and need to take the ball out of Kemba's hands to feed that post option or let the SG (imagine Harden for instance) create.

Azzacadabra
11-15-2012, 05:52 PM
For me, it's just to early to tell. Hopefully they can get at least to double digit wins this year.

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
For me, it's just to early to tell. Hopefully they can get at least to double digit wins this year.

well, I think this roster, if Kemba keeps it up, MKG continues his nice play, and they get good guard play, can win 25-30 games at least.

Guppyfighter
11-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Bobcats will not win more than 25 games.

Raye
11-15-2012, 06:27 PM
Was kinda hoping for their team to suck a few more years so they can really build through the draft.

kyubi256
11-15-2012, 06:30 PM
I like the Bobcats so far. I hope they get the 8th seed

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:31 PM
Bobcats will not win more than 25 games.

well, they need to go 22-53 from here on out to win 26. I don't see why that's not something that is achievable if they stay healthy. Likely? Maybe not, seeing as injuries haven't really set in yet.

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 06:38 PM

I'm with you. This is a different Kemba. He's focused, he's a leader and he's fearless. While those are also qualities of a chucker I believe he has a high enough b-ball IQ that he won't ruin an offense.

well, they need to go 22-53 from here on out to win 26. I don't see why that's not something that is achievable if they stay healthy. Likely? Maybe not, seeing as injuries haven't really set in yet.

I'd put them in that range I could see a 30-52 season. Which though will not be a post season birth is a vast improvement over last year.

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 06:39 PM
I remember Kemba's 1st year at UCONN and I wanted him to come out in that draft so we could get him at 20 or something like that. He's definitely a winner and a gamer, but he's not a guy you want spotting up (because of his size/abilities) so you always kind of have to have the ball in his hands.

Personally, I just don't think it bodes well for a team to have Walker as a starter or else it means he's not being fully utilized. Obviously, right now the Bobcats are still finding themselves and they don't have a true franchise player or legit #1 option. He works fine as a starter until you get guys who need more touches and need to take the ball out of Kemba's hands to feed that post option or let the SG (imagine Harden for instance) create.

I think if he plays next to another guard who has good ball control he can be a good starter. Yes, he would be better suited as a back up, but that doesnt mean he cant be solid as a starter. The last two games, him and sessions have played well off of each other. I want to see how he holds up for the rest of the season though, before i pass my judgement on him

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I'm with you. This is a different Kemba. He's focused, he's a leader and he's fearless. While those are also qualities of a chucker I believe he has a high enough b-ball IQ that he won't ruin an offense.

I'd put them in that range I could see a 30-52 season. Which though will not be a post season birth is a vast improvement over last year.

He does seem to be playing very differently this year. He's alot more confident and assertive.

Since people are guessing what record we will end up with, i'll give it a go lol 28-54

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:42 PM
I think if he plays next to another guard who has good ball control he can be a good starter. Yes, he would be better suited as a back up, but that doesnt mean he cant be solid as a starter. The last two games, him and sessions have played well off of each other. I want to see how he holds up for the rest of the season though, before i pass my judgement on him

Look, we all agree Kemba will be a good starter. But he would be a great 6th man is the point we are trying to make. But that will require more talent to be brought in for the Cats. They can't sacrifice their best players minutes and role just because he may be better suited to have a different role, off the ball.

Rivera
11-15-2012, 06:45 PM

this aint no different kemba. ive been preaching about everything you said since he was at uconn and even more. hes just a year older a year smarter he has an nba training camp under his belt now and hes a year better

kembas been a leader hes been fearless hes been a beast you guys are just late to the party

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 06:47 PM
this aint no different kemba. ive been preaching about everything you said since he was at uconn and even more. hes just a year older a year smarter he has an nba training camp under his belt now and hes a year better

kembas been a leader hes been fearless hes been a beast you guys are just late to the party

I see you have your "when I turn out right I am going to remind everyone as often as possible" player....:p

Ebbs
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM

I'm not going to give mad analyst props to you for being the biggest supporter of your favorite teams arguably best player ever lol.

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Look, we all agree Kemba will be a good starter. But he would be a great 6th man is the point we are trying to make. But that will require more talent to be brought in for the Cats. They can't sacrifice their best players minutes and role just because he may be better suited to have a different role, off the ball.

lol So we've basically been agreeing on the same thing, i just didnt realize it :p

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
lol So we've basically been agreeing on the same thing, i just didnt realize it :p

yeah, last night was the first time I have watched him this season, but took at peak at his advanced numbers before the game, and his shot charts. He looks a ton better this year. I watched him live last year, front row, and you can see he has natural scoring instincts, but seems limited being forced to also be a distributor. I just think he is the type that you ask simply to score, and be efficient, and make the right plays if they present themselves.

Rivera
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM
I see you have your "when I turn out right I am going to remind everyone as often as possible" player....:p

When im right im right. I caught a lot of flack during his championship run at uconn and i was right then.

Then all i heard was he isnt an nba player hs a chucker blah blah blah and now hes balling

I pumped up kemba since i saw his growth from freshmn to sophmore year i knew the kid had it and i was right. Its okay to remind people you were right if you were and i was right with kemba

I'm not going to give mad analyst props to you for being the biggest supporter of your favorite teams arguably best player ever lol.

You should because every trait you like of his i been said he had and you doubted. Do you see me pumping up jermey lamb or andre drummond or rudy gay the way i do kemba? No cause i had my nba doubts for each guy regardless if they played for my uconn huskies

I knew kemba had it because kemba i more than his box score. Dude has tons of intangibles from leadership, to fearess ness to work ethic to swag to being the personallity of a team to being a pest on defense.

He isnt the greatest defender but he tries and hes a pest

I have analysis skills for basketball since ive been around the game my whole life and i actually watch games not just look at box scores

You dont want to give me props cause im riv :pity: hater

bigsams50
11-15-2012, 07:46 PM
yeah, last night was the first time I have watched him this season, but took at peak at his advanced numbers before the game, and his shot charts. He looks a ton better this year. I watched him live last year, front row, and you can see he has natural scoring instincts, but seems limited being forced to also be a distributor. I just think he is the type that you ask simply to score, and be efficient, and make the right plays if they present themselves.

I completely agree. Last year he was a mess at times, he could score, but he really struggled with scoring over taller players, and he would occasionally get shot happy. He appears to have learned from his mistakes this year though. Not a great passer though like you said lol That is evident on alot of plays

#Shumpert Up
11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
In my opinion the only "locks" are
1) miami
2) new york
3) chicago
4) boston

after that the east is wide open. Indiana and Philly (alebit because of injuries) have clearly regressed to the point where they look AWFUL and a bunch of teams such as milwaukee, Cleveland, brooklyn have all improved. If i had to guess i would say the bottom 4 seed are

5) milwaukee
6) brooklyn
7) Charlotte
8) Atlanta

Guppyfighter
11-15-2012, 09:05 PM
Lol

LASportsFan1996
11-15-2012, 09:40 PM
Milwaukee or Atlanta or even Cleveland ahead of them, but they've been surprisingly OK so far :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
11-15-2012, 09:42 PM
When im right im right. I caught a lot of flack during his championship run at uconn and i was right then.

Then all i heard was he isnt an nba player hs a chucker blah blah blah and now hes balling

I pumped up kemba since i saw his growth from freshmn to sophmore year i knew the kid had it and i was right. Its okay to remind people you were right if you were and i was right with kemba

Sure, I get it. But you don't have to high five yourself for it. Kemba looks like a nice piece, but cmon man. We all have our hits and misses.

Raps18-19 Champ
11-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Possible. But I mean the Cavs went 8 and 9 in 2010-2011 before ending up being one of the worst teams.

THE MTL
11-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Its out the question.

black1605
11-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Bump for 5-4. Hung in there with the Grizzlies, and just knocked off a tough Bucks team.

We could exceed our win total from last year by the end of November.

Go Cats.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Bump for 5-4. Hung in there with the Grizzlies, and just knocked off a tough Bucks team.

We could exceed our win total from last year by the end of November.

Go Cats.

Yeah, I have no problem with you bumping this thread if they keep it up, even if its at a 35-47 season for them, it would mark improvement.

Your PG's are killing it, and I was impressed yet again by Mullens (yes, I tuned into a nice portion of a Bobcats game. Deal with it).

black1605
11-19-2012, 10:36 PM
Yeah, I have no problem with you bumping this thread if they keep it up, even if its at a 35-47 season for them, it would mark improvement.

Your PG's are killing it, and I was impressed yet again by Mullens (yes, I tuned into a nice portion of a Bobcats game. Deal with it).

Yeah, they're really fun to watch this year. And like you said, 35 wins would be ridiculous after last year.

Bring on the Raptors on Wednesday. Can't wait.

DoMeFavors
11-19-2012, 10:44 PM
That'd be cool if they did they would be easily bounced out of the first round though. But maybe they could make a trade at the deadline for a good scorer or something.

Hawkeye15
11-19-2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, they're really fun to watch this year. And like you said, 35 wins would be ridiculous after last year.

Bring on the Raptors on Wednesday. Can't wait.

I am amazed at Kemba's improvement. Watched him 10 times last year, once in front row seats. He looked so athletic, but had zip idea how to run a team or consistently hit from midrange. He has taken a HUGE step this year.

Mullens is for real man. I like his activity on both ends. You guys play hard, are well coached, and just need some talent upgrades and depth.

superior
11-20-2012, 10:18 AM
5-4 now....yall keep doubtin the cats and we'll keep winning....see u guys in the plaoyffs!

black1605
11-20-2012, 10:20 AM
5-4 now....yall keep doubtin the cats and we'll keep winning....see u guys in the plaoyffs!

Dear PSD,

He does not speak for everyone.

Sincerely,

Bobcats Fans

Rivera
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
kemba continuing to look good :clap:

tennisoscar1
11-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Yeah I think a fan of any team has the right to back up their team and get riled up about them!

Rivera
11-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Sure, I get it. But you don't have to high five yourself for it. Kemba looks like a nice piece, but cmon man. We all have our hits and misses.

yea but this is different you dont know the ridicule i got on these forums for supporting kemba and saying hes gonna be a good nba player one day that can start and be effective. it feels good that hes doing well like i knew he could since ive watched him his freshman year. ive only seen improvements in his game since his first year at uconn he improved every year and so far is continuing to improve his game. he will level off eventually but i love the growth hes showed since his freshman year. all the signs were there that the kid could be special since day 1 but people are infatuated with efficiency and advanced stats that they ignore intangibles and tear him down stat by stat when kemba provides more than that. damn right ima gloat after i got killed on these forums thats what they get for killing me for supporting kemba

superior
11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah I think a fan of any team has the right to back up their team and get riled up about them!

THANKYOU!....whats the point in being a fan if you dont overrate your team lol

superior
11-20-2012, 11:52 AM
can a mod please change the thread subject line to read 5-4, instead of 3-3?

Hawkeye15
11-20-2012, 01:12 PM
yea but this is different you dont know the ridicule i got on these forums for supporting kemba and saying hes gonna be a good nba player one day that can start and be effective. it feels good that hes doing well like i knew he could since ive watched him his freshman year. ive only seen improvements in his game since his first year at uconn he improved every year and so far is continuing to improve his game. he will level off eventually but i love the growth hes showed since his freshman year. all the signs were there that the kid could be special since day 1 but people are infatuated with efficiency and advanced stats that they ignore intangibles and tear him down stat by stat when kemba provides more than that. damn right ima gloat after i got killed on these forums thats what they get for killing me for supporting kemba

Nah, I am cool with it bro. I took **** for saying the Mayo-Love swap was a steal for over a year haha.

Redemption is sweet.....

Rivera
11-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Nah, I am cool with it bro. I took **** for saying the Mayo-Love swap was a steal for over a year haha.

Redemption is sweet.....

its because david kahn made that move

did he even make that trade? lol

Chronz
11-20-2012, 01:55 PM
its because david kahn made that move

did he even make that trade? lol

Nah, way too slick to be a Kahn move. In fact Id wager he would be more willing to take on Mayo than the superior prospect considering he cant draft for ****.

Rivera
11-20-2012, 02:08 PM
lol i swear chronz searchs "khan" "david khan" on PSD daily just to troll hawkeye

superior
11-20-2012, 02:22 PM
HEY!!!!! youre only allowed to talk about the bobcats on this thread!!!! lol

Ebbs
11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
I really enjoy watching the cats lol. I love Kemba.

I really wish Mullens wouldn't jack 5 triples a game though

UPRock
11-20-2012, 02:50 PM
The Bobcats are so entertaining, they've been the second team I've been following since the Okafor days, I wish nothing but success to that franchise.

Oefarmy2005
11-20-2012, 03:09 PM
A lot of teams are underachieving in the beginning of the season, so the short answer is yes(playoffs are out of question).

superior
11-20-2012, 03:33 PM
A lot of teams are underachieving in the beginning of the season, so the short answer is yes(playoffs are out of question).

haha u mad cuz we beat yall

ChiSox219
11-20-2012, 05:40 PM
I am amazed at Kemba's improvement. Watched him 10 times last year, once in front row seats. He looked so athletic, but had zip idea how to run a team or consistently hit from midrange. He has taken a HUGE step this year.

Mullens is for real man. I like his activity on both ends. You guys play hard, are well coached, and just need some talent upgrades and depth.

Mullens is so whack what do you see in him?

harlequin018
11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
Nah, Bobcats are not a playoff team yet. They just don't have any flow on offense. However, put in a really good distributor (like CP3) and with their team defense the Bobcats could be a top 4 team in the East.

topdog
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
haha u mad cuz we beat yall

Realistically speaking, I don't see the Pacers or Bulls to be at or below .500 by season's end and the 'Cats are still young. Like you said, you get to be homerish about your team, but others are going to try to be more objective where it doesn't concern them.

That Wolves-Bobcats games was very poorly played on both sides so it does not give casual 'Cats observers like myself any indication that the Bobcats can sustain a winning record.

felixng2012
11-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Kemba is looking like a pretty good PG. The addition of MKG and Sessions is really helping a lot. MKG is a beast.

StarvingKnick22
11-20-2012, 06:12 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats will not do anything unless they make some major moves. The should go after LeMarcus Aldrige.

felixng2012
11-20-2012, 06:16 PM
The Charlotte Bobcats will not do anything unless they make some major moves. The should go after LeMarcus Aldrige.

Its Lamarcus Aldridge and how will they get him? :facepalm:
They are better off trying to draft one more good player.

So getting a good start might be detrimental for them. One more marquee player would make them have a great young core.

Kemba and MKG are great.

StarvingKnick22
11-20-2012, 06:18 PM
Its Lamarcus Aldridge and how will they get him? :facepalm:
They are better off trying to draft one more good player.

So getting a good start might be detrimental for them. One more marquee player would make them have a great young core.

Kemba and MKG are great.

I never SAID THEY WOULD.:facepalm: I said they aren't going anywhere unless the get a good enough player. YOU KNOW to lead them. At least read properly :facepalm:

THE MTL
12-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Well the writing was on the wall. They were 7-5 and then lost 11 in a row. :/

SugeKnight
12-18-2012, 09:43 PM
Nice bump :laugh2:

StarvingKnick22
12-18-2012, 09:45 PM

Needed. PEOPLE THE THUNDER CATS HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!

Theyhateme459
12-19-2012, 03:45 AM
Some Overly optimistic fans were talking playoffs...

Still you can :laugh2::laugh2: all you want, but fact is this is a much better bobcat team from the prior season and we are making improvements.

Getting good play from the young and developing players on the team is a good thing and our play this season is nothing Bobcat fans have to be ashamed about.

So keep bumping this thread all you want.

Needed. PEOPLE THE THUNDER CATS HAVE RETURNED!!!!!!

If the Knicks don't win the East or a NBA title should we bump ever thread where Knick fans have been making these claims since early this season???

If the Warriors don't make the playoffs should we bump all threads with Warrior fans who were optimistic when the team was in the playoff picture???

Guppyfighter
12-19-2012, 03:49 AM
Some Overly optimistic fans were talking playoffs...

Still you can :laugh2::laugh2: all you want, but fact is this is a much better bobcat team from the prior season and we are making improvements.

Getting good play from the young and developing players on the team is a good thing and our play this season is nothing Bobcat fans have to be ashamed about.

So keep bumping this thread all you want.

If the Knicks don't win the East or a NBA title should we bump ever thread where Knick fans have been making these claims since early this season???

If the Warriors don't make the playoffs should we bump all threads with Warrior fans who were optimistic when the team was in the playoff picture???

It's obvious the Bobcats were going to regress based on the simple rating system. If the Warriors regress another major injury will need to happen.

Iron24th
12-19-2012, 06:34 AM

12 now

bigsams50
12-19-2012, 06:40 AM
No bobCats fan expected to make the playoffs this year. Just about every fan i know wants another top 5 pick. We dont have enough talent on this team.