PDA

View Full Version : Rockets seek answers as White goes missing

spreadeagle
11-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Indeed, as a mid-first round pick, there were high hopes that Royce White could ably compete in the NBA this season, despite the widespread acknowledgement and acceptance of the anxiety disorder that he has lived with for years. Now, the relationship between White and Rockets management has devolved into a series of back-and-forth accusations that appears far from finished.

In early October, White let it be known that he preferred to take a bus to Rockets road games, rather than have to confront his intense fear of flying. But apparently things haven't been kosher between White and the team for some time now, and when management tried to demote White to the D-League on Monday, he was unreachable, missing a game later that night as well as practice on Tuesday.

Here's the initial report from the Houston Chronicle's Jonathan Feigen:

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander, however, said there have been "internal repercussions which I'm not going to talk about."

More foreboding, Alexander's confidence in White's long-term prospects seemed shaken since his enthusiasm with White's potential during the summer league in Las Vegas.

"That's tenuous," Alexander said. "It's tough to talk about something like that. I think we're going to handle it internally. If he doesn't work out, well, it's tough to lose a draft choice."

[Kelvin] Sampson, serving as Rockets head coach with Kevin McHale on a leave of absence, directed questions to Rockets general manager Daryl Morey, but Morey did not respond to messages although issued this statement: "Royce is not available right now. We are committed to his long term success and we will continue to support him now and going forward."

"I'm not sure," Sampson said when asked why White did not attend practice. "I haven't talked to Daryl. I didn't realize he (White) wasn't here today until we got to practice. I'm not sure what's wrong right now. We talked to Scott and D-Mo last night. Royce wasn't at the game last night as far as I know."

White and his agent, Andrew Vye, did not return messages seeking comment.

Morey has often pointed out that White's anxiety issues had not caused him to miss games or practices at Iowa State. With the Rockets, however, he has already missed a week of training camp and several practices, though it was not clear if Tuesday's absence was related to his anxiety disorder.

On Tuesday night, as speculation began to grow about what was transpiring, White released a statement through his publicist, denying that the D-League demotion was the cause behind his absence:

In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

There's a lot more to come from this, but it's clear the Rockets are already posturing to cover their ***, disclosing that White has already missed several practices and kickstarting the narrative that he's become, at best, unreliable. At worst, there's an implication here that White's using his anxiety disorder as an excuse for avoiding demotion. White, for his part, has been quick and proactive (some would even argue he's been too vocal) to rebut the Rockets' claims and, instead, push the counter-narrative that the team has failed in its assurances to him.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/royce-white-absent-from-practice-sent-to-d-league-team-with-machado-motiejunas/

DreamShaker
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
I have severe anxiety, have a fear of flying, and have frequent panic attacks. I can relate to him. I gotta say, though, it is a bad excuse to be such a headcase because of it.

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-14-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't know what hes going through because I can't relate. But from my standpoint of ignorance to the situation, I'm thinking "See a shrink, get your *** on the plane, start helping your team and earn your money.

RipCity32
11-14-2012, 10:22 AM
Tough situation for the Rockets White has alot of talent but you cant have a guy not show up to games and practices whenever he has a attack,That does not set a good example throughout the rest of the team.Now he doesnt even let the team now when hes not showing up.

Jetsguy
11-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Rockets knew what they were getting with the pick, it was an extremely high risk. Dude just cant be relied upon

Captain Moroni
11-14-2012, 10:27 AM
If your personal issues stop you from doing a certain job. Find another line of work. How did white handle college ball?

JasonJohnHorn
11-14-2012, 10:50 AM
This is a tough situation. I hope both parties can reach an agreement and that we get to see this kid reach his full potential soon.

rapjuicer06
11-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I have severe anxiety, have a fear of flying, and have frequent panic attacks. I can relate to him. I gotta say, though, it is a bad excuse to be such a headcase because of it.

It really does suck. Feels like you're having a heart attack, everything goes black, heart beating outside your chest, feeling completely dizzy almost falling over yourself...the worst feeling in the world. But I agree, he needs to screw his head on and deal with it a little better

raiderposting
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
lol im sorry but this is some funny bull ****.

Gram
11-14-2012, 12:52 PM
lol im sorry but this is some funny bull ****.

:laugh:

For some reason - your post made me laugh - not the actual topic. :laugh2:

sep11ie
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
White is proving to be a cry baby. He'll be like this his entire career.

BKLYNpigeon
11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
They should just pay him half a salary and let him only play home games. lol.

kbtwofour
11-14-2012, 01:08 PM
He will be fine with Ativan IM. :D

The Rockets should have done their research before selecting him.

sep11ie
11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
^ They did, thought he was worth the risk...

Hulk6
11-14-2012, 01:28 PM
smoke a blunt and relax pusy

Max.This
11-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Why isn't he on anxiety medication? If he is I've never read anything about him taking any.

Gram
11-14-2012, 01:44 PM

douglas
11-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Even though Royce White is missing, he can't be too far because he is scared to fly.

b_russ
11-14-2012, 02:03 PM
We get it, it's an issue, but he's handling this the wrong way. He's only doing himself a disservice by tweeting about it every 2 seconds and blaming everyone for not being sensitive to his needs. Despite what he says, I think the Rockets have handled this well even though I think it was a mistake drafting him so high. I saw this ordeal coming together on draft night.

sep11ie
11-14-2012, 02:22 PM
Even though Royce White is missing, he can't be too far because he is scared to fly.

I love you more and more every day.

MrfadeawayJB
11-14-2012, 02:24 PM
too bad. Looks like the rockets lost a draft pick. Sucks because he is a skilled guy but hopefully he gets it together

MrfadeawayJB
11-14-2012, 02:25 PM

your best post ever

Thegame187
11-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I hope they are able to cut him on legal grounds and not pay him due him breaking legal grounds on his contract. how much effort is one #18 draft pick worth? At this point I don't care about how great he COULD be. I would throw stones at him if I saw him at the Rocket center. A young team like this has no need for one guy causing so many issues.

survival of the fittest, he is done....

spreadeagle
11-14-2012, 02:50 PM

Douglas has blessed this thread....that **** made me laugh

topdog
11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
I hope they are able to cut him on legal grounds and not pay him due him breaking legal grounds on his contract. how much effort is one #18 draft pick worth? At this point I don't care about how great he COULD be. I would throw stones at him if I saw him at the Rocket center. A young team like this has no need for one guy causing so many issues.

survival of the fittest, he is done....

Not a chance. The fact that he disclosed his condition prior to be hired means that he has the legal high ground. The Rockets knew what they were getting into, they can't bail when thr worst case happens.

spreadeagle
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
seriously, if I were another team id low ball offer a trade for him, then say just play home games for now, and then get him an awesome doc and therapist and hope in the future he would be able to fly, if not you dont resign him after his rookie deal, and you still get 40 games a season from a guy who can no doubt play, hes on a rookie contract for not much cash anyway

b@llhog24
11-14-2012, 02:54 PM

Dougies back!

:box:

Gram
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM

Grand slam!

mightybosstone
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Not a chance. The fact that he disclosed his condition prior to be hired means that he has the legal high ground. The Rockets knew what they were getting into, they can't bail when thr worst case happens.

But I'm sure there is something in his contract about the guy showing up for games and practice. You shouldn't get paid if you don't show up for work.

As a Rockets fan, I have been as optimistic as I can about this situation, but my patience is about as thin as it can get. I completely understand that he has a mental condition that requires special circumstances. But there is a way to handle these situations and a way not to.

Not showing up for practice or games and then tweeting about how badly your employer (who is paying you millions) is treating you is about the worse way you can possibly handle the situation. He either needs to show up for practice and communicate better with the Rockets to the best of his ability or he needs to quit the NBA altogether. The Rockets are no different than any other franchise would be.

And reading his constant tweeting over the last 24 hours, this **** is getting old.

mightybosstone
11-14-2012, 03:06 PM

Like everyone else I thoroughly enjoyed this. For some reason, whenever I see some of your posts I read them with Mitch Hedberg's voice in my head. This one works perfectly.

Lakersfanla24
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
it is a severe issue, but at the same time why declare yourself for the draft? He is basically ****ing houston for wasting their 16th pick on him. Find another line of work and move on.

b_russ
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
With White blaming the Rockets for failing to consistently support his treatment for anxiety issues, White is being fined every day he remains away from the team or fails to attend sessions with a therapist the Rockets have arranged for him, a person with knowledge of the situation said.

At least they're getting some of their money back.

White has not played in any game this season and has been on the inactive list for the past four games. Morey told White in those meetings that other players had earned playing time before him. White, however, argued that he was not given enough opportunity to demonstrate that he could earn a place in the rotation, increasingly saying the Rockets were holding his anxiety disorder against him and that he was being treated as a commodity, a position he has repeated in Tweets following Tuesday’s reports about White missing practices.

Source (http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/11/lack-of-playing-time-one-of-issues-in-royce-white-conflict-with-rockets/)

Anxiety or not, he's being a baby.

FOBolous
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
i thought him demanding to take the bus is an unreasonable demand. does he have any idea how much money and logistics has to go into the Rockets arranging a bus just for him? how many practice he will miss because he has to leave for a game days ahead of everyone else? if his health issue prevents him for traveling long distance, maybe he should consider a career that doesn't require him to travel?

colinskik
11-14-2012, 03:13 PM
Hey dummy -- that'll only intensify his anxiety. I would know.

the_jon
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Hey dummy -- that'll only intensify his anxiety. I would know.
Absolutely this. Unless you smoke ALL THE TIME, it's going to make you even more prone to panic attacks.

mightybosstone
11-14-2012, 03:25 PM
With White blaming the Rockets for failing to consistently support his treatment for anxiety issues, White is being fined every day he remains away from the team or fails to attend sessions with a therapist the Rockets have arranged for him, a person with knowledge of the situation said.
While I don't necessarily know that having a therapist would help someone with anxiety, how many other players in the NBA get special treatment like this? At least the Rockets are trying to understand his concerns and are providing a medical professional to help him. He clearly doesn't see it that way.

White has not played in any game this season and has been on the inactive list for the past four games. Morey told White in those meetings that other players had earned playing time before him. White, however, argued that he was not given enough opportunity to demonstrate that he could earn a place in the rotation, increasingly saying the Rockets were holding his anxiety disorder against him and that he was being treated as a commodity, a position he has repeated in Tweets following Tuesday’s reports about White missing practices.
And this part really infuriates me, because it's clear that both Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas outplayed him in the Summer League and preseason. Yet neither guy is getting hardly any minutes on the floor and neither of them is *****ing about it on twitter or claiming that they're being wrongly mistreated.

Look at Marcus Morris. The Rockets' coaching staff did the same thing to him last season when he didn't earn a spot in the rotation early on. But did he complain about it on twitter or fail to show up to practice? No. The dude killed it in the D-League, worked hard in the offseason, stepped his game up this preseason and has become a valuable rotational player for the Rockets.

White just wants to play the victim card to avoid taking responsibility.

b_russ
11-14-2012, 03:30 PM
White just wants to play the victim guard to avoid taking responsibility.

And Bingo was his name-O!

Matrix3132
11-14-2012, 03:36 PM
i thought him demanding to take the bus is an unreasonable demand. does he have any idea how much money and logistics has to go into the Rockets arranging a bus just for him? how many practice he will miss because he has to leave for a game days ahead of everyone else? if his health issue prevents him for traveling long distance, maybe he should consider a career that doesn't require him to travel?

I think you're way off. I believe he's paying for and arranging the buses as well. I also think he flies when it is impossible to drive, as he did in college without major issue.

I agree though, if traveling causes so much anxiety, I don't think the nba is for you.

shen
11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Few years back I needed an MRI, I started having an anxiety attack during the MRI. They had to reschedule and gave me a prescription for something to take about a half hour before the MRI to relax me. Within 1 minute of taking it my *** was knocked the F out. When I woke up it was hours later and I had completed the MRI long before waking up. Granted they told me to take half of 1 pill and I took entire pill. Just saying worked for me maybe that's what he needs to do.

JEDean89
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
does he have anxiety over answering his phone. can't he pay someone to be his contact w/ the rockets?

PleaseBeNice
11-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Soft. Dude is soft.

GiantsSwaGG
11-14-2012, 04:25 PM
He shouldn't be in the league

Hawkeye15
11-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Since I was absolutely destroyed for saying things that a few others found insensitive regarding Royce, I will leave it at this:

If you have a fear of flying, and anxiety that you can not control, that is terrible, but the NBA is probably not for you. Become an IT nerd where you don't need to travel or deal with people.

sep11ie
11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
No wonder he's staying away, they keep trying to lock him in a room with the rapist.

Gram
11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
Royce White.

Gram
11-14-2012, 07:01 PM
The Houston Rockets.

Greedy22
11-14-2012, 07:04 PM

sep11ie
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Gram White.

The Houston Gramets.

Royce Gram.

RLundi
11-14-2012, 07:18 PM

:laugh2:

RLundi
11-14-2012, 07:23 PM
Dougies back!

:box:

Lol you've got to be kidding me. Good lord, people worship whosever puppet account he is.

He's very hit or miss but I get the feeling people look at the screen name and automatically laugh just because it's Douglas. I imagine if it was Generic Poster X, the response from most would be 'WTF? NOT FUNNY.'

sep11ie
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Lol you've got to be kidding me. Good lord, people worship whosever puppet account he is.

He's very hit or miss but I get the feeling people look at the screen name and automatically laugh just because it's Douglas. I imagine if it was Generic Poster X, the response from most would be 'WTF? NOT FUNNY.'

Fact. Jealousy is a female trait.

LakersA's49ers
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
i guess white will never travel out of the country unless he goes to canada or mexico

uptownfan
11-14-2012, 07:27 PM
This really is becoming a sad story. This guy is an absolute beast and probably would have been a lottery pick if it weren't for his anxiety issues.

I can't ignore that anxiety issues are something that need to be taken seriously, but he has had a history of making bad decisions.

Back when he was at Minnesota (who he committed to before he enrolled at Iowa St.) he got arrested for shoving a security guard after trying to steal a few pairs of jeans at Mall of America. Then he had yet another incident in which he was charged with stealing a laptop from a dorm. Then he announced his departure from the program in November via a Youtube video. He let a lot of people down who were looking forward to seeing him suit up for the Gophers.

And now this. You have to begin to question his character yet again the way he's going off on Twitter. I don't think the Rockets are at fault. They obviously were willing to work with him if they were willing to draft him

Shkelqim
11-14-2012, 07:50 PM
This really is becoming a sad story. This guy is an absolute beast and probably would have been a lottery pick if it weren't for his anxiety issues.

I can't ignore that anxiety issues are something that need to be taken seriously, but he has had a history of making bad decisions.

Back when he was at Minnesota (who he committed to before he enrolled at Iowa St.) he got arrested for shoving a security guard after trying to steal a few pairs of jeans at Mall of America. Then he had yet another incident in which he was charged with stealing a laptop from a dorm. Then he announced his departure from the program in November via a Youtube video. He let a lot of people down who were looking forward to seeing him suit up for the Gophers.

And now this. You have to begin to question his character yet again the way he's going off on Twitter. I don't think the Rockets are at fault. They obviously were willing to work with him if they were willing to draft him
Anxiety issues are more mental than anything. He's just being a *****. Over reacts to the attacks. Nobody is perfect, the kid looks completely immature. Soon as he grows up i bet he'll be fine.

Bornknick73
11-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Just A-Team his ***.

Rememeber B.A, had a fear of flying and in every episode they would get him to turn his head and they would inject his ***....

OUT COLD!!

Im sure his team mates would have great fun taking turns coming up with new ways to drug his *** before every flight.

aztr0
11-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Should'n't have drafted him. Knowing the issue.

Ill21
11-14-2012, 08:06 PM

Classic douglas

xnick5757
11-14-2012, 08:07 PM
Royce White ‏@Highway_30
I WILL continue, like I have done the past 72 hours, expressing my concerns to Doc. Fink, about the nature of the prob Between #rockets n I.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Continued: I expressed my concerns to the "appointed" doc, he said inform him if he can help but It's not about anxiety it's about support.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
My #anxiety is fine, besides being disappointed in the communication, and worried about consistency and the effect that has on my health.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
I'm most defiantly not AWOL... There are many things here ppl don't know, #Honesty is what I'm sticking with. @HoustonRockets "Luke 12:3"

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Problem goes back WAY before D-League assignment. This about #Consideration and #Health it isn't about Rebounds & Money.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
My "anxiety" hasn't caused inconsistency in my participation with the team from training camp until 72hrs ago, ✈ to DET, ✈s Isn't the issue.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
I'm most definitely* not AWOL... There are many things here ppl don't know, #Honesty is what I'm sticking with. @HoustonRockets "Luke 12:3"

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
Again My "Anxiety" is not well but not BAD, my main WORRY is being treated as a digit instead of a HUMAN, in the case of my health.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
I informed the #Rockets of every practice I was going to miss. There were no unexplained misses.

Royce White ‏@Highway_30
To be clear!, my only reason for publicly speaking is b/c YOU were lead to think I was AWOL, False. The communication has been loud n clear.

is the problem he wants his own doctor but the rockets want a different one?

StarvingKnick22
11-14-2012, 08:10 PM

BKLYNpigeon
11-14-2012, 08:11 PM
The should play him at home and then suspend him when they're on the road so he cant get paid.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Since I was absolutely destroyed for saying things that a few others found insensitive regarding Royce, I will leave it at this:

If you have a fear of flying, and anxiety that you can not control, that is terrible, but the NBA is probably not for you. Become an IT nerd where you don't need to travel or deal with people.

How dare someone goes after their dreams and something they've worked hard and all their life for:rolleyes:

This is not Royce White's fault at all. If the kid can't play all fingers should be pointing to Morey, not White.

Bishnoff
11-14-2012, 08:32 PM
I thought the whole idea behind the WNBA was so that ******* had their own league to play in?

White needs to grow a set.

AddiX
11-14-2012, 09:01 PM
How dare someone goes after their dreams and something they've worked hard and all their life for:rolleyes:

This is not Royce White's fault at all. If the kid can't play all fingers should be pointing to Morey, not White.

Agreed..
:clap:

netsgiantsyanks
11-14-2012, 09:10 PM
I thought the whole idea behind the WNBA was so that ******* had their own league to play in?

White needs to grow a set.

do you grasp the concept of anxiety?

QueensG_718
11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Anxiety or not. I wont let that **** affect me to the point that i miss out on my dream and miss out on all them hoes lol. Hes acting like a straight biznitch. Hes taking the nba for granted. Guys would kill to be in his position and hes not manning up to it. Cant he hide in james hardens beard on the plane so he doesnt get scared?!

Blink
11-14-2012, 09:28 PM
A guy in the Pistons forum actually believes White shouldve been picked over Davis hahaha

QueensG_718
11-14-2012, 09:30 PM
Lol had the be a guy in the 0-8 pistons forum.

reffahead
11-14-2012, 09:43 PM
The answer was to draft Zeller or Sullinger, both better players. Royce is a wildly high risk, low reward player.

Zeller would be a great center to groom behind Osik. Sullinger would compliment Osik with his post offense.

xnick5757
11-14-2012, 09:45 PM

yep. people don't realize how bad people with white's condition have it

Lakers4life08
11-14-2012, 09:51 PM
So this dude White thinks he can do whatever he wants,and when blame everyone expect himself...dude is crazy,do all peoples that have anxiety disorder are idiots?

dodgersuck
11-14-2012, 09:57 PM
He should just take sleeping medication so that he can sleep through the flights.

netsgiantsyanks
11-14-2012, 10:01 PM
again, you can't speak for him because you don't deal with anxiety issues.

Dcup
11-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Royce excited a lot of people when he came to Iowa St. He took some grooming by Fred Hoiberg to get to come around when he was there, but he was a solid player and citizen while he was here. I do think he came out a year too early. Most people expected him to come back and play with Korey Lucious and really make Iowa St. a very good team not only in the BIG 12, but also in the country.

It was pure shock when he didn't come back and even Fred said he thought Royce needed to stay. Hoiberg has some strong NBA connections and I'm sure he didn't think Royce would act this way, but maybe he did.

Where does it go from here? Surely (and don't call me Shirley) he can't be brought back to the team. How would the other players respond? Crazy situation.

Missing56&33
11-15-2012, 02:21 AM
I have one question. Why would you draft a guy thats scared to get on a plane? :pity:

Sadds The Gr8
11-15-2012, 02:26 AM
wasted 1st round pick...

GunFactor187
11-15-2012, 02:29 AM
Next Delonte West?

Cromedome
11-15-2012, 02:50 AM
He has no business trying to get a job that requires flying if he can't get on a plane.

Is everyone on here bats*** crazy that you can relate with this nonsense?

njolakoski
11-15-2012, 03:06 AM
Mr. White,

I have one word for you that will help you with your problem:

Xanax

Best Regards,
Njolakoski

b_russ
11-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Next Delonte West?

Delonte West will go down as having a better career, or at least having a career.

RLundi
11-15-2012, 06:02 AM
Fact. Jealousy is a female trait.

I guess we now know the lame behind the puppet account.

IndyRealist
11-15-2012, 09:42 AM
....then don't become a professional basketball player. Sucks, but I'm 5'5" and figured out pretty quick I wasn't making the pros. If you have a fear of flying, you don't apply for a job where you have to fly.

b@llhog24
11-15-2012, 10:28 AM

Then don't watch.

FlakeyFool
11-15-2012, 12:02 PM

loooooooooooooool

RLundi
11-15-2012, 07:27 PM
Then don't watch.

I'll do what I damn well please, but I definitely appreciate the suggestion.

unwantedplayer
11-15-2012, 07:45 PM

Yeah pretty sure that's against league policy..........

sep11ie
11-15-2012, 07:45 PM
It's more to it than anxiety. The dude is batshit crazy. Read his Twitter posts.

sep11ie
11-15-2012, 07:51 PM
https://twitter.com/Highway_30

Vinny642
11-15-2012, 09:55 PM
This situation got UGLY quick, wow

popo85
11-15-2012, 10:32 PM
The next Leon Smith?

Aleksandar
11-16-2012, 11:55 AM

hhaha Hilarious!

JiffyMix88
11-16-2012, 12:16 PM

aint that the truth hot damn

Mr. Koobs
11-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I will admit I have never had to deal with anxiety. I don’t know what it feels like, or how crushing it can apparently be. I seriously have no idea what that particular problem is like.

What I do have, however, is a little quality called empathy. And some of you people are acting like straight up *****es.

You’re an alcoholic? Man up and don’t take a drink.

You’re a drug addict? Grow a pair and don’t put that needle in your arm.

You’re afraid to fly? Stop being a ***** and get on the plane.

It always sounds so simple............…until, of course, we get that problem.

This is a serious subject. None of us know what each of us have to face…or will face. But there is nothing wrong with having one thread that doesn’t turn into a forum for amateur comedians or professional douchebags.

Having said all of that, I think Royce White should not disappear on his team. The Rockets knew what they were getting into by drafting him, and Royce knew what he was getting into by joining a profession that requires a shitload of travel. Both parties should work together and stop battling through Twitter and the media.

Selfishly, I hope it all works out because Royce White is a fricken’ beast and I want to see him in the league.

SlimKid
11-16-2012, 01:22 PM
I will admit I have never had to deal with anxiety. I don’t know what it feels like, or how crushing it can apparently be. I seriously have no idea what that particular problem is like.

What I do have, however, is a little quality called empathy. And some of you people are acting like straight up *****es.

You’re an alcoholic? Man up and don’t take a drink.

You’re a drug addict? Grow a pair and don’t put that needle in your arm.

You’re afraid to fly? Stop being a ***** and get on the plane.

It always sounds so simple............…until, of course, we get that problem.

This is a serious subject. None of us know what each of us have to face…or will face. But there is nothing wrong with having one thread that doesn’t turn into a forum for amateur comedians or professional douchebags.

Having said all of that, I think Royce White should not disappear on his team. The Rockets knew what they were getting into by drafting him, and Royce knew what he was getting into by joining a profession that requires a shitload of travel. Both parties should work together and stop battling through Twitter and the media.

Selfishly, I hope it all works out because Royce White is a fricken’ beast and I want to see him in the league.

:clap:

It's funny (well, not really) how everyone admits that they have no idea what it would be like to suffer from extreme anxiety like White's, but offer opinions on what he should or shouldn't do like they're knowledgeable of his personal circumstance. I have pretty bad anxiety myself, but by no means do I consider myself self-righteous enough to act like I know how severe someone else's anxiety might be.

As for his twitter remarks: Yes, ultimately the best thing to do is to take the high road and ignore all of the personal attacks thrown his way. But, this is an objective opinion with the benefit of hindsight. With that said, no one should be surprised he reacted the way he did. I read through his twitter feed yesterday and was shocked at how downright mean and personal people were towards him.. I can't confidently say I wouldn't have responded a similar way, even knowing it's probably not the smartest course of action.

reffahead
11-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Simple solution: stay at home and dock his pay during away games except when he can ride the short bus to San Antonio and Dallas when they play.

New Orleans is a short ride as well. So he would be making around 55% of his first year salary.