PDA

View Full Version : How epic is it to see Dwight battling Duncan in the West?

Sssmush
11-14-2012, 07:08 AM
That has the makings of a classic matchup. I especially liked the play tonight, where Duncan was setting a screen, and kind of blocking Dwight into Kobe as Green came around to get the ball at the 3-point line. Really cool play

Sssmush
11-14-2012, 09:12 PM
I find it to be epic, and this is a major showdown in the West. Probably a playoff series coming as well...

in a strange way, Dwight and Duncan actually have more similar types of games, which make them more natural foes than Shaq/Duncan. They are about the same size, and both tend to turn toward the basket etc. Duncan is a better shooter and Dwight is more athletic, but that was the most interesting matchup so far this year, D vs D

Ebbs
11-14-2012, 09:16 PM
Duncan has this knack for making younger "more talented" players look dumb.

He "punked" Griffin last year and it was entertaining. I'd love to see him feast on Dwight and just enfuriate him.

Sssmush
11-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Duncan has this knack for making younger "more talented" players look dumb.

He "punked" Griffin last year and it was entertaining. I'd love to see him feast on Dwight and just enfuriate him.

yeah, I'm sure Dwight will give him something to "feast" on. But by the end of the playoffs, Duncan will probably be ready for a long vacation.

But this is an epic matchup and there is a TON of basketball to be played in the West.

The East looks somewhat diluted or played out. Looks like there is Miami and then everybody else. Boston will be good, and I guess the Knicks are superstars now, but it's fairly obvious that 4 out of the 5 top teams are in the West, and the margin isn't even remotely close.

RLundi
11-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Um, very much so?