PDA

View Full Version : Executives

Wade n Fade
11-13-2012, 09:33 PM
Name the worst executive. My vote would go to Larry Bienfest.

lol, please
11-13-2012, 09:39 PM
wade>kobe's alt?

Jeffy25
11-13-2012, 09:40 PM
He is probably the worst.

Everyone else that has been just God awful has been replaced recently

keymax
11-13-2012, 09:45 PM
He is probably the worst.

Everyone else that has been just God awful has been replaced recently

Most likely this deal and the FA signings the Marlins made last year have been way over Beinfest's head. Just like the AGon Crawford deal has been way over Colletti's head. It's hard to judge GM's without considering the influence ownership has on baseball decisions.

metswon69
11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
Would create a worst owner in baseball thread but we know the answer to that one already.

metswon69
11-13-2012, 09:55 PM
Most likely this deal and the FA signings the Marlins made last year have been way over Beinfest's head. Just like the AGon Crawford deal has been way over Colletti's head. It's hard to judge GM's without considering the influence ownership has on baseball decisions.

Yep, Sandy Alderson gets a lot of **** (some of it deservedly so) but Fred Wilpon is right behind Jeffrey Loria for the worst big market owner in baseball.

Wade n Fade
11-13-2012, 10:07 PM
Add McCourt to the list of worst owners. I knew the worst owners, so I wanted to hear what the posters have to say about executives.

metswon69
11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Add McCourt to the list of worst owners. I knew the worst owners, so I wanted to hear what the posters have to say about executives.

Well McCourt doesn't own the Dodgers anymore.

Killer Clown
11-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Idk but I know who's the best: Billy Beane

DodgerBlue82
11-14-2012, 01:22 AM

Mccourt made Marge Schott look like a great owner! Hands down has to be Larry Beinfest, but like others mentioned I am sure the owners had a say in it.

THINKBLUE15
11-14-2012, 06:18 AM
Stan Kasten and Ned (from what I've read on here about the pathetic Dodgers franchise).

Nomar
11-14-2012, 07:23 AM
Billy Beane is overrated :hide:

Ian.
11-14-2012, 09:59 AM

:nod:

Ill21
11-14-2012, 10:18 AM

Agree 100%

scottythegreat1
11-14-2012, 01:16 PM
If you have ever seen the movie Weekend at Bernie's, youd understand exactly what I think of when it comes to rich people...because Bernie Lomax is truly what I see in a lot of business people.

When theyre smiling, they want your money, or your life....If youre their employee, theyre always mad at you and ready to fire you in a heartbeat for anything they can. They have all the contacts in the world that can get them whatever they want, they get all the women they want (even if theyre married), but people turn a blind eye to it because they have such an influence on society that they cant expose them because their influence can kill them for opening their mouth.

Anyways, Loria has been taking millions away from the team, and Beinfast lets him get away with it because Beinfast is likely afraid of his boss (so Beinfast is in on it), and I wouldnt be surprised if their entire front office is afraid to lose their jobs if they whistleblow....so they just do their jobs and be quiet about it, like most organizations. It really doesnt matter, Loria is making money by keeping the team, he owns 100% of the organization, and it doesnt seem to matter if they average 12,000 a game, he still makes money so he can run the team as long as its profitable.

The ONLY way to stop him from doing what he is doing is to get other owners like the Steinbrenners or John Henry to close the "Revenue sharing" formula to either force him to spend his money or to stop the entire revenue sharing model itself...since that likely wont happen, Loria will own that team until he dies...plain and simple.

I know that this post is controversial, its supposed to be, but its the truth.

VRP723
11-14-2012, 05:45 PM

No way. AA is overrated, Theo is REALLY overrated. Beane is elite.

StryderSox
11-14-2012, 05:55 PM

I dont know about this one. I mean he cant take all the credit for the two WS. But under his watch the Sox got pretty good at finding value players at a low cost like David Ortiz and Kevin Millar and they seemed to krank out impact players from the farm system every year. It wasnt until ownership saw success and started trying to outbid the Yankees that they started making bad decisions and if the rumours are to be believed Theo was against a lot of those big signings but was forced into them by ownership.

Scully in 2012
11-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Ned Colletti - close thread. Discussion over

AsfanSince99
11-14-2012, 06:01 PM

Josh Reddick says hi

StryderSox
11-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Josh Reddick says hi

I guess that must have been before the allstar game cause he didnt have much to say after.

mtf
11-14-2012, 06:07 PM

I don't know how you can say Anthopoulos is overrated. I haven't been a fan of every move he's made but I'd say he's definitely batting over .500 since taking over for JP Ricciardi who left the team in horrible shape following the 2009 season.

Even if you ignore his work with the farm system, which was significant, he's made several trades which were seen as nearly indisputable wins.

If there was a GM draft, don't you think Anthopoulos at worst would go third overall? Behind Billy Beane and perhaps Andrew Friedman?