PDA

View Full Version : Giancarlo Stanton trade possibility?

momoneyyyy
11-13-2012, 08:13 PM
Alright I might be jumping the gun here but with Stanton already tweeting he is pissed would he demand a trade? What do you guys think he would bring to the marlins in return and what are his possible landings spot and where would it be a good fit? I just couldn't hold myself from making this thread.

TallicaFan87
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Probably a lot more than the Marlins got for that Jays trade.

metswon69
11-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Probably not much of a chance this year.

Stanton is only making 480k.

That move to deal Reyes, Johnson and Buerhle was to drop payroll.

The odds they will wait till 2016 to deal Stanton right before he becomes a FA in 2017.

momoneyyyy
11-13-2012, 08:18 PM
They would probably rape someone's entire farm system for him.

VenezuelanMet
11-13-2012, 08:18 PM
A Stanton trade would likely involve adding salary, as he makes the minimum next season so no chance, LOL.

Jeffy25
11-13-2012, 08:20 PM
He can't demand a trade, so the point is moot.

He is the only good player on that team right now, and they could get some solid players for him, but I don't see them trading him.

Mr. Baller
11-13-2012, 08:21 PM
No.

ciaban
it really depends what people are willing to give up, hey maybe the marlins will be more interested in taking the Rangers offer than the D-backs have, mostly because they don't need a SS for the future.

sexicano31
He has no leverage. Hes going to be a Marlin for the next 4 years or so

Nymfan87
11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I would literally trade the top 10 prospects in the Mets organization for him.

behindmydesk
11-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't see it, he's a crowd draw and really the only thing they have going for him for this season. It's not like Free Agents are going to line up to sign in Florida now.

ciaban
11-13-2012, 08:24 PM
He can't demand a trade, so the point is moot.

He is the only good player on that team right now, and they could get some solid players for him, but I don't see them trading him.

If Texas offered a simalar package for what they are offering Arizona i don't see why not.
They might not have to trade Leyones Martin or Profar,

Olt, Martin Perez, Cody Buckle, +++

ciaban
11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
I don't see it, he's a crowd draw and really the only thing they have going for him for this season. It's not like Free Agents are going to line up to sign in Florida now.

if the money is right and they don't care where they get traded to why not?

lol, please
11-13-2012, 08:25 PM
Giants.

:dance:

momoneyyyy
11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Giants.

For posey??

keymax
11-13-2012, 08:27 PM
I love me some Chris Sale but I would trade him along with other pieces if necessary in a heartbeat for Stanton...

YouCan'tBeatLA
11-13-2012, 08:28 PM
Giants.

I doubt a life-long Dodger fan would want to be a Giant. With the exception of Romo, he's a traitor. :p

metswon69
11-13-2012, 08:35 PM
I doubt a life-long Dodger fan would want to be a Giant. With the exception of Romo, he's a traitor. :p

Money talks...

If the Giants traded for him he would play there.

Same as if they somehow found a way to drastically outbid the Dodgers in FA (which could be impossible at this point but Giancarlo isn't a FA till 2017)

UPRock
11-13-2012, 08:45 PM
To the Giants for Gary Brown and Mota :laugh2:

jmkh
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Stanton for Lee, Dee Gordon, Pederson, Chad Billingsley and add 100mill :D

whitesoxfan83
11-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Would you trade him for 100million dollars?

Serious question. The BoSox paid 51million to talk to Dice K.

What if someone just offered them a 100million dollar check? Surely the Marlins would do it?

jmkh
11-13-2012, 08:52 PM

What if someone just offered them a 100million dollar check? Surely the Marlins would do it?

If I was the owner of the Dodgers I would do it in a heartbeat. Seems like 100mil is nothing to them

PatelJ1010
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Close this thread.

Stanton will not be traded. Still young and affordable. Will have to take an whooping offer to trade him away.

YouCan'tBeatLA
11-13-2012, 08:54 PM
Money talks...

If the Giants traded for him he would play there.

Same as if they somehow found a way to drastically outbid the Dodgers in FA (which could be impossible at this point but Giancarlo isn't a FA till 2017)

I was joking.

popo85
11-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Angels:pray:

Norieaga
11-13-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm not sure what's a realistic trade proposal but I would love for Boston to get him! They get an Ellsbury replacement who can also become their next offensive centerpiece.

LASportsFan1996
11-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I'd trade the mother ****ing house for him, not gonna happen for a few years though

lol, please
11-13-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd trade the mother ****ing house for him, not gonna happen for a few years though

You can have our leftovers as per usual, right after he wins a ring with us. Like Uribe. :laugh2:

metswon69
11-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Yeah this isn't MLB 2k12 the Show where you can deal him for a backup catcher and a minor league OF.

The Marlins will keep Stanton when he making 480,000 dollars this year, is only 23, and is a budding superstar.

When he becomes Arbitration 2-3 eligible then they might have ideas of dealing him but that's not close to happening.

whitesoxfan83
11-13-2012, 09:17 PM
^ Yes but what if he refuses to play?

I doubt it happens but it would be pretty cool.

Nomar
11-13-2012, 09:21 PM
If Stanton gets traded all the Marlins fans are going to throw themselves off of that ugly thing in CF.

RevHokALugie
11-13-2012, 09:28 PM

Last time a player refused was during 1918 when Ty Cobb got in a fight with a handicapped fan. He was fined and banned for a few games. The team refused to play without him.

jmkh
11-13-2012, 09:42 PM
You can have our leftovers as per usual, right after he wins a ring with us. Like Uribe. :laugh2:

the days of taking giants leftovers are long gone thanks to the new ownership.

flea
11-13-2012, 09:45 PM

Then he'll be unemployed, likely have a lawsuit on his hands, and will get killed in the press. And if he wants to come back to baseball he'll be in the exact same spot he's in now.

Sanyo
11-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Jays can just pick him up too :)

Sanyo
11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
No matter what any players says, no one is dumb enough to throw away potentially hundreds of millions to get pissed. Just play another year or two in Miami and when he's done with his arb years get the hell out of town.

ciaban
11-13-2012, 09:51 PM

what would you guys possibly have to trade for him? I mean someone mentioned Garry Brown and Mota, but seriously, you guys have one of the most empty systems in baseball, I'm not sure you guys have anything to offer other than Panik and Brown, and niether are tremendous prospects.

keymax
11-13-2012, 09:54 PM
what would you guys possibly have to trade for him? I mean someone mentioned Garry Brown and Mota, but seriously, you guys have one of the most empty systems in baseball, I'm not sure you guys have anything to offer other than Panik and Brown, and niether are tremendous prospects.

Isn't it an odd time to knock the Giants farm system after two WS in 3 years?
Every other team could win BA's best farm system for all I care if my team wins the World Series.

Greedy22
11-13-2012, 10:03 PM
For posey??

You're overselling the Marlins brilliance.

jej
11-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Walker, Vargas, Franklin and Catricala for him.

lol

JohnBoy326
11-13-2012, 10:48 PM
I'd offer the Cubs entire farm system, and anybody but Castro.

C-ross12
11-13-2012, 10:58 PM
I'd offer the Cubs entire farm system, and anybody but Castro.

Stanton is better then Castro. He's also cheaper. I wouldn't trade Stanton for Castro straight up if I we're the Marlins.

Quinnsanity
11-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for the Marlins from a baseball perspective to trade him? I mean by the time they're ready to be good again won't he be gone? They could essentially trade him for a Herschel Walker like haul and all of those top prospects would come up together for a short burst of contention before they sell off again. Seems like how the Marlins would normally build.

kyubi256
11-13-2012, 11:20 PM
Giancarlo has no right to demand a trade so he can't really force anything. He gets paid nothing so it isn't worth it anyways. Marlins will hold onto him till he is eligible to leave. Which is like 4 years down the line. Then they will deal him

armchairgm
11-13-2012, 11:44 PM

That is an interesting idea. 100 is crazy but how about 50 million???????

Leandres_sf
11-14-2012, 12:03 AM
If Stanton gets traded all the Marlins fans are going to throw themselves off of that ugly thing in CF.

:laugh:

FortDetroit
11-14-2012, 12:11 AM
ti the tigers please

Russollini
11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
ARod, ManBam, DB, Warren and Cash. I would even throw in Sanchez at catcher. That would work for everyone. We get a guy that can rake in NY in RF for years to come and they get an entire future Pitching staff, a future catcher and an aging 3B that will is marketable in Miami.

dodgers33089
11-14-2012, 01:48 AM

Pfft I hear the new Dodger ownership group has bottomless pockets. 100 million cash for Stanton! :p

sfattahian
11-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Alright I might be jumping the gun here but with Stanton already tweeting he is pissed would he demand a trade? What do you guys think he would bring to the marlins in return and what are his possible landings spot and where would it be a good fit? I just couldn't hold myself from making this thread.

i was thinking the same thing. he way he resigns long term now. marlins may trade him for going public with his outburst.

i like how he's like "i'm pissed off" like anybody cares

hope the giants get him for LF. not sure his primma dona vibe will fit in though

Daaaarryyl
11-14-2012, 02:23 AM
They'd deal Stanton for 4 blue chip prospects with high ceilings that are major league ready.

I don't think any team even has that...

cuttydoesit6
11-14-2012, 02:42 AM
castro & shark

stanton would drop bombs out of wrigley like it was his job.... well i mean it is his job

Yankees90.
11-14-2012, 03:48 AM
He won't..

But if he was, and came to the Yankees seeing as they need a RF'er. and he fits the fold PERFECTLY (young, cheap, and LOADS of talent) I would probably castrate myself then shoot myself in the face from excitement.

Halladay
11-14-2012, 03:52 AM
He won't..

But if he was, and came to the Yankees seeing as they need a RF'er. and he fits the fold PERFECTLY (young, cheap, and LOADS of talent) I would probably castrate myself then shoot myself in the face from excitement.

Doesn't this fit the mold of all 30 teams across the league?

metswon69
11-14-2012, 04:01 AM
What team doesn't want Giancarlo Stanton?

The Marlins could ask the world for him but i don't think they deal him quite yet.

He is a FA in 2017, so i am guessing 2015 to be safe.

Just so they don't have to worry about dealing him in 2016 before he becomes said FA.

Yankees90.
11-14-2012, 04:04 AM
Doesn't this fit the mold of all 30 teams across the league?

I was waiting for someone to say that.

The answer is yes, but considering the Yankees are trying to get under 189 million by 2014, and they pretty much have 2 OF'ers, with a gaping hole in right, I believe he fits them more perfectly than anyone else.

1. The Yankees were the oldest team in baseball last year, so this would be a huge breath of fresh air.

2. He is making 480k next year, so that 189 million just became more realistic. Not to mention he is controlled until 2017.

3. He would absolutely RAKE at YS. Considering that Stanton might be the strongest hitter in baseball right now, he would make YS look like a softball field.

Like I said, doubt it happens, but I would not know what to do with myself if it did.

mikekhelxD
11-14-2012, 04:05 AM
They would get a lot!

I hope he lands with the Dodgers once he becomes a free agent. Go local Stanton. haha

jerryred
11-14-2012, 04:06 AM
Giancarlo Stanton to the rangers for Jurickson Profar or Elvis Andrus, Martin Perez, Cody Buckel, and Jorge Alfaro

Yankees90.
11-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Giancarlo Stanton to the rangers for Jurickson Profar or Elvis Andrus, Martin Perez, Cody Buckel, and Jorge Alfaro

It would probably take both of these guys, and some. IF the Marlins traded Stanton, you better believe they are getting a HUGE haul. My guess would be 2 MLB ready players and 2 can't miss prospects, 1 Mid-level prospect and cash also going to Miami.

raidersrock99
11-14-2012, 04:19 AM
Giants I'll give you timmy belt brown stratton and panick

jerryred
11-14-2012, 04:25 AM
It would probably take both of these guys, and some. IF the Marlins traded Stanton, you better believe they are getting a HUGE haul. My guess would be 2 MLB ready players and 2 can't miss prospects, 1 Mid-level prospect and cash also going to Miami.

there is no way that the rangers give both of those guys, maybe if they would make a offer, they would put Mike Olt in it

Yankees90.
11-14-2012, 04:33 AM
there is no way that the rangers give both of those guys, maybe if they would make a offer, they would put Mike Olt in it

Don't get me wrong, not necessarily saying the Rangers SHOULD do it if the opportunity presented itself, but put yourself in the Marlins shoes on this one...

You got a a young, cost-controlled player until 2017, who is arguably the most powerful hitter, and maybe best RF'er in the game right now, with a CANNON of an arm. He would immediately be someone's 3 or 4 in the lineup. I mean, all those things add up to someones team/farm getting cleaned up a little

Yankees90.
11-14-2012, 04:40 AM
Even if this was to happen, and lets just say he goes to the Yanks, it would probably take....

Mason Williams (Top OF prospect, #4 spect in our system)
Austin Romine ( Second best catcher in our system. #11 in our system)
David Phelps (SP, would hate to lose him. 7th best spect before start of season)
Adam Warren (SP. 10th best spect.)
Chamberlain (RP. Our 7th inning man)

If not Chamberlain, I could see one of Nova/Hughes getting sent over instead.

As much as I would love to have Stanton, and I probably would do this trade, that is still a lot to give up. Chances are none of us will have to worry about this though.

metswon69
11-14-2012, 04:50 AM
Even if this was to happen, and lets just say he goes to the Yanks, it would probably take....

David Phelps (SP, would hate to lose him. 7th best spect before start of season)

As much as I would love to have Stanton, and I probably would do this trade, that is still a lot to give up. Chances are none of us will have to worry about this though.

It would probably take much more than that.

Any deal would start with Williams, Tyler Austin, and Gary Sanchez.

Stanton is only 23, under control till 2017, and is making 480k next year. He hit 37 homers in a 123 games last year and is arguably the most powerful hitter in the NL (if not the Majors)

He hasn't hit his prime yet either which is incredibly scary.

It would take an incredible haul to get Stanton.

Dugmet
11-14-2012, 04:51 AM

Other teams would certainly offer better deals. You're trying to panhandle quantity instead of quality. The Yankees' farm system is not stocked. Your #10 prospect would be much lower in other systems and Mason Williams is too far away to be the centerpiece.

HowFit
11-14-2012, 05:35 AM
For posey??

Lol

Halladay
11-14-2012, 05:46 AM
Don't get me wrong, not necessarily saying the Rangers SHOULD do it if the opportunity presented itself, but put yourself in the Marlins shoes on this one...

You got a a young, cost-controlled player until 2017, who is arguably the most powerful hitter, and maybe best RF'er in the game right now, with a CANNON of an arm. He would immediately be someone's 3 or 4 in the lineup. I mean, all those things add up to someones team/farm getting cleaned up a little

This is true however, after seeing his tweet tonight, who knows how much longer the guy wants to be there. The Marlins just don't suck like other small markets, they purposely suck. No player in baseball wants to play there.

ciaban
11-14-2012, 07:52 AM
Giancarlo has no right to demand a trade so he can't really force anything. He gets paid nothing so it isn't worth it anyways. Marlins will hold onto him till he is eligible to leave. Which is like 4 years down the line. Then they will deal him

They'd deal Stanton for 4 blue chip prospects with high ceilings that are major league ready.

I don't think any team even has that...
Honestly this is the only thing that will happen. I think the rangers have enough, to get him though. in terms of high ceiling impact near major league ready players.

Pinstripe pride
11-14-2012, 09:56 AM
cant blame him for being angry, but he's not going anywhere. he's cheap and under control for a while

HowFit
11-14-2012, 10:06 AM
cant blame him for being angry, but he's not going anywhere. he's cheap and under control for a while

I agree unless someone decide to blow them away with an offer. That would pretty much destroy one team's farm...

ciaban
11-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I agree unless someone decide to blow them away with an offer. That would pretty much destroy one team's farm...

i would say he is worth it, you will have him for 4 years minimum and get draft picks back if he leaves(assuming he doesn't totally decline), after 4 years you could rebuild your system back to what it was.

Pinstripe pride
11-14-2012, 10:49 AM

i dont see how anyone could ahve the talent to do it. they have stanton for at least 4 more year cheap,a nd he's already a monster. i wiuldnt trade him at all, although i also would fire sale the team eveyr 6 years..............

SpecialFNK
11-14-2012, 10:51 AM
why would the Marlins have any interest at all in trading Stanton? because Stanton was upset?
get over it Stanton, you're not going anywhere.
what can Stanton do about it? not play? play but don't play hard and have your numbers take a hit negatively? costing you money in the future. no.

I can understand Stanton being pissed off. he knows his team sucks and wont be winning much anytime soon. but he has no control.

I'm sure Stanton could be had for the right price. ANY player could be had for the right price. but that price on Stanton right now should be incredibly high.

Young2Kinsler
11-14-2012, 10:54 AM
Not happening, why is this thread still open?

I'm going to go make a thread about the Brewers trading Braun, thats how stupid this is.

Yankees90.
11-14-2012, 11:04 AM
It would probably take much more than that.

Any deal would start with Williams, Tyler Austin, and Gary Sanchez.

Stanton is only 23, under control till 2017, and is making 480k next year. He hit 37 homers in a 123 games last year and is arguably the most powerful hitter in the NL (if not the Majors)

He hasn't hit his prime yet either which is incredibly scary.

It would take an incredible haul to get Stanton.

If it meant having to give up all three, I'd say hell no. Sanchez is projected to be our future Catcher, Williams our future Of'er, and right now its a toss-up between Bichette Jr. and Austin to be our future third baseman. I like Austin more though. Granted anything can happen with prospects, and the chances off all of them panning out is VERY slim. Not to mention it would take at least 2 more players. It's known that someones farm would have to get pretty gutted out, but to give up your top spects at OF, C, and 3B (2nd best spect actually) on top of 1 or 2 more top 10 spects would be a little much. Like i said, highly doubt he gets traded, but fun to think about it.

This is true however, after seeing his tweet tonight, who knows how much longer the guy wants to be there. The Marlins just don't suck like other small markets, they purposely suck. No player in baseball wants to play there.

I never understood taking your anger out on a social networking sight. Almost as annoying as the girls who b&&ch about breaking up with there "love" every damn week lol.

But I can't blame him. When your team just shipped out Reyes, Buehrle. and Johnson in one shot, that doesn't leave you with a smile on your face. I'm sure the Marlins would love to build around him, but I would trade him in all fairness to Stanton. Like you said, it's almost as if they purposely want to suck.

Nomar
11-14-2012, 11:10 AM
Not happening, why is this thread still open?

I'm going to go make a thread about the Brewers trading Braun, thats how stupid this is.

Definitely unlikely but that's not a good comparison at all. The Marlins now have almost no hope for competing until probably 2016. Stanton will be a free agent in 2017. It isnt the worst idea to try and get 4+ quality specs for him. It might end up making the Marlins competitive a lot sooner. The Marlins farm system is weak outside of Fernandez. They need to start rebuilding, and Stanton could do just that for them.

Vinny642
11-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Him and J-Hey in the field together?? :)

Nomar
11-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Him and J-Hey in the field together?? :)

None of their pitching specs are panning out (Minor, Delgado, Teheran) and their system is pretty awful now. I doubt there is any deal the Braves can give to Miami to get him.

ccugrad1
11-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Just a thought, but wouldn't it make sense for the Marlins from a baseball perspective to trade him? I mean by the time they're ready to be good again won't he be gone? They could essentially trade him for a Herschel Walker like haul and all of those top prospects would come up together for a short burst of contention before they sell off again. Seems like how the Marlins would normally build.

And that my friend is why I would trade him. It is likely he isn't going to re-sign with Miami and he could net you a VERY LARGE haul from somebody. For Stanton right now, you could just about name your asking price.

HowFit
11-14-2012, 11:30 AM
None of their pitching specs are panning out (Minor, Delgado, Teheran) and their system is pretty awful now. I doubt there is any deal the Braves can give to Miami to get him.

Forget about a deal for any team to trade for Stanton. Not going to happen. Oh, what did you say about Minor and Delgado? And Tehran, not to mention the Braves farm being pretty awful? These statements are long gone false by you...

HowFit
11-14-2012, 11:31 AM
And that my friend is why I would trade him. It is likely he isn't going to re-sign with Miami and he could net you a VERY LARGE haul from somebody. For Stanton right now, you could just about name your asking price.

Why trade him now when he's under control til 2017????

Daaaarryyl
11-14-2012, 11:33 AM
If it meant having to give up all three, I'd say hell no. Sanchez is projected to be our future Catcher, Williams our future Of'er, and right now its a toss-up between Bichette Jr. and Austin to be our future third baseman.

You're basically asking a team that has absolutely no reason to trade this guy to accept a package that does not include major league ready players---and think that's too much to give up?

I mean, those kids are in A-ball :facepalm:

Vinny642
11-14-2012, 11:39 AM

They dont know that tho ;) the Marlins are just a CRAPPY franchise and would trade their better players for CRAP

ATL#22
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM

Minor and Delgado aren't panning out? Are you sure you looked at that correctly

Pinstripe pride
11-14-2012, 12:23 PM
You're basically asking a team that has absolutely no reason to trade this guy to accept a package that does not include major league ready players---and think that's too much to give up?

I mean, those kids are in A-ball :facepalm:

to be fair they didnt really have a logical reason to make the trade that pissed him off in the first place, so we cant really assume the marlins are doing whats best for the team

RevHokALugie
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM

Someone doesn't know what he's talking about.

lvlheaded
11-14-2012, 12:54 PM
Miami isnt going to trade Stanton. He isnt making any money and is the only marketable asset the team has left. He is going to have to wait it out till FA and bolt the first chance he gets.

I hope to god players take the hint now and stop signing in Miami.

Jose Reyes was due too make another 96 million in Miami, a number he would come very close to due to the lack of state income tax. I read today that the tax in Canada is gonna cut that number almost in half. So Reyes went from making roughly 108 million dollars over the entirety of his contract to probably coming home with something more in the area of 67 million after taxes. That is absolute robbery!

Not to mention the 634 million dollar stadium that more than 80% of is being paid by the tax payers of Miami.

What Loria and Sampson did here is almost criminal. If Bud Selig was really interested in protecting the sport, he would take guys like Loria and Wilpon out like he did Frank McCourt.

Im a Met fan and I still feel bad for the fans (whats left of them anyway) of this team. This is a sports travesty of epic proportions.

Good for the Blue Jays though :clap:

ciaban
11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
i would say, that as soon as Stanton starts making money, he is for a fact gone. They will trade him somewhere, so why wait? People keep talking about how he is the only marketable player they have, So What! Big Deal no one is going to go to those games, it's going to be the same ghost town but in a newer stadium.

So obviously the area isn't the problem and the fans aren't the problem, and the stadium isn't the problem...I guess that means it's ownership!

StryderSox
11-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Miami isnt going to trade Stanton. He isnt making any money and is the only marketable asset the team has left. He is going to have to wait it out till FA and bolt the first chance he gets.

This is the only part I somewhat disagree with. I think we all realize that there is very little possibility that Miami trades Stanton but it would definetly be in their best interest to watch teams fall all over themselves at the possibility of a trade and listen to what they have to offer. I really dont think Stanton alone is going to fill that stadium and as mentioned previously he will hit free agency before this team is anywhere near being competitive again. If the Marlins can create a bidding war and get 3 or 4 high end prospects that will all come up together then why wouldn't you make that trade? You are going to have to rebuild anyways so trading Stanton for a haul of high end prospects sure seems like a good way to kick that process off.

keymax
11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
So everyone has thrown out their trade proposals and I try it myself:

Chris Sale, Dayan Viciedo for Stanton, Nolasco and a pen arm.

rkelly7
11-14-2012, 01:32 PM
Orioles get:

Stanton
Bullpen arm

Marlins get:

Bundy
Arrieta

koreancabbage
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
they don't need to trade him. he's under control.

and if its anything to the management, they don't give a **** for their players.
\
tough luck Giancarlo

stipe1280
11-14-2012, 01:55 PM
If Texas offered a simalar package for what they are offering Arizona i don't see why not.
They might not have to trade Leyones Martin or Profar,

Olt, Martin Perez, Cody Buckle, +++

Honestly, I'm hoping JD is on top of this. I'd be willing to part with anyone not named Profar or Darvish to get this guy honestly.

ciaban
11-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Honestly, I'm hoping JD is on top of this. I'd be willing to part with anyone not named Profar or Darvish to get this guy honestly.

Even Lyonis Martin?

HowFit
11-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Lol, this thread....

rkelly7
11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Here's the thing. The Marlins would most likely want a top 10 prospect (in MLB as a whole) to part with Stanton, if they'd part with him at all. That leaves Texas with Priofar.

However, they just got Escobar and Adeiny Heccheveria (spelling, I'm not looking it up). So they have their SS of the current and of the future, so Profar may not appeal tothem as much. That would leave the Rangfers to offer a bunch of their not number one prospects.

I'm thinking the Marlins would listenf you offered:

Mike Olt
Martin Perez
Leonys Martin

It could take more, but that would open up their ears at least. Nobody on your team should be untouchable if you can get a proven commodity in Stanton. Who knows if Profar, Oltm, Perez, Martin will ever put it together at the MLB level?

We don't know, they could all turn into scrubs. So do it if it makes sense.

Yankee Clipper
11-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I bet Stanton is hoping he somehow gets traded away from that crook of an owner.

ciaban
11-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Here's the thing. The Marlins would most likely want a top 10 prospect (in MLB as a whole) to part with Stanton, if they'd part with him at all. That leaves Texas with Priofar.

However, they just got Escobar and Adeiny Heccheveria (spelling, I'm not looking it up). So they have their SS of the current and of the future, so Profar may not appeal tothem as much. That would leave the Rangfers to offer a bunch of their not number one prospects.

I'm thinking the Marlins would listenf you offered:

Mike Olt
Martin Perez
Leonys Martin

It could take more, but that would open up their ears at least. Nobody on your team should be untouchable if you can get a proven commodity in Stanton. Who knows if Profar, Oltm, Perez, Martin will ever put it together at the MLB level?

We don't know, they could all turn into scrubs. So do it if it makes sense.
i made this post back on the first or second page.

rkelly7
11-14-2012, 03:20 PM
haha great minds think alike i guess. I don't have time to read all 7 pages. ;)

Nomar
11-14-2012, 03:27 PM
:cry:
Forget about a deal for any team to trade for Stanton. Not going to happen. Oh, what did you say about Minor and Delgado? And Tehran, not to mention the Braves farm being pretty awful? These statements are long gone false by you...

Umm ok tell me that when there is statistical evidence to back what you're saying.

Cal827
11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Send him to the Blue Jays.

ciaban
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
Does anyone know what the marlins payroll looks like next year? I think the only people making any real money are Yunel Escobar (5mil) and Rickey Nolasco(9mill)

Scully in 2012
11-14-2012, 03:53 PM
To Dodgers for Z. Lee, dee Gordon and cash considerations...because they are broke and we are not.

marlinschamps
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
whitesoxfan83
Buy Physical Silver!

no i like the marlins to keep him. i would not talk no less 145 million. cause 51 million to talk to a player. an the marlins are force to spend 73.5million a year then add 14.5 million of that 145 milllion four ten years which = out to 88 million a year.

StryderSox
11-14-2012, 04:49 PM
whitesoxfan83
Buy Physical Silver!

no i like the marlins to keep him. i would not talk no less 145 million. cause 51 million to talk to a player. an the marlins are force to spend 73.5million a year then add 14.5 million of that 145 milllion four ten years which = out to 88 million a year.

This makes my head hurt :facepalm:

Fla.SticKy
11-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Why trade him now when he's under control til 2017????

Because he's for sure gonna walk out of that mess in 2017! The Marlins can demand high, and get their asking price now. They could actually wipe out somebodys entire farm team and lock down a few good prospects for years by dealing Stanton. Would I do it.......Hell No, but can it happen, of course!

Nomar
11-14-2012, 05:21 PM
To Dodgers for Z. Lee, dee Gordon and cash considerations...because they are broke and we are not.

The Dodgers literally do not have enough talent in their entire system to get Stanton IMO. Zach Lee tailed off a bit and Gordon looks like a 2nd baseman now and his bat plays poorly there. Joc Peterson looks solid and i like Reed, but still i dont think that would be enough. Maybe if they ate Nolasco's deal it could be, but i bet the Marlins get better offers from several teams.

lol, please
11-14-2012, 05:46 PM
The Dodgers literally do not have enough talent in their entire system to get Stanton IMO. Zach Lee tailed off a bit and Gordon looks like a 2nd baseman now and his bat plays poorly there. Joc Peterson looks solid and i like Reed, but still i dont think that would be enough. Maybe if they ate Nolasco's deal it could be, but i bet the Marlins get better offers from several teams.

This.

h2r09
11-14-2012, 05:59 PM
they are not trading stanton. period. he is under team control for 5 years. enough. there is a reason why they have said he is the only one NOT available.

Daaaarryyl
11-14-2012, 06:22 PM
whitesoxfan83
Buy Physical Silver!

Selig would actually have to step in and disallow that.

Back in the 70's the A's owner tried to sell his best players for cash and it was stopped before it even got to stage 2. It's still joked about today how rediculous that idea was.

Jeffy25
11-14-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, trades for cash aren't really allowed fwiw

trevhipp7
11-14-2012, 07:05 PM
If the Marlins even considered entertaining the idea of trade Stanton, first of all there would be few teams that could even get them to listen.

Maybe the Mariners would be willing to part with Jesus Montero, Walker/Hultzen, and one of their young relievers? They have Jaso who played decent last year and could hold down the catcher spot until Zunino is ready.

The Rangers would be another option. I think the Marlins would have to demand Profar, Perez, Scheppers.

Maybe the Pirates would be willing to part with Cole/Taillon, Marte, Tabata?

Im not too sure there are many fits out there. And any team that wanted Stanton would surely have to overpay for him, right?