PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best all-around offensive game for a C

pedrofan45
11-13-2012, 03:50 AM
Center with best all-around offensive game... Back it up please

Sorry if this has already been discussed

Ebbs
11-13-2012, 03:54 AM
Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, DeMarcus Cousins, Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard. In that order.

Gasol is #1 because he has some range, he isn't useless at the free throw line, he's a good passer, he has a high b-ball IQ and he has a solid array of post moves. He would be the best center in the NBA if he could dominate you but he just can't seem to take over games.

Timmy D has found the fountain of youth and has had the best start to a season in multiple years. The guy has all the experience and patience needed to out smart younger more physical players. He is still lanky and has that finesse/polish to his game which lets him score down low with ease.

MintBerryCrunch
11-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Drummond

Corey
11-13-2012, 03:59 AM
Offense? Al Jefferson.

akia83
11-13-2012, 07:48 AM
Offense? Al Jefferson.

Yep :clap:

naps
11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
Tim Duncan by a landslide.

nothappyinut
11-13-2012, 08:31 AM
On offense no on has the foot work and skill set as big al when it comes to centers. And it's a landslide.

Jint.
11-13-2012, 08:40 AM
a healthy Bogut is nice..

Manimal
11-13-2012, 08:45 AM
Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, Al Jefferson, Brook Lopez, Andrew Bynum and Dwight Howard.

I guess the most complete of them all is Tim Duncan.

hugepatsfan
11-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Perkins

thenaj17
11-13-2012, 09:21 AM
Marc Gasol, Tim Duncan, DeMarcus Cousins, Andrew Bynum, Dwight Howard. In that order.

Gasol is #1 because he has some range, he isn't useless at the free throw line, he's a good passer, he has a high b-ball IQ and he has a solid array of post moves. He would be the best center in the NBA if he could dominate you but he just can't seem to take over games.

Timmy D has found the fountain of youth and has had the best start to a season in multiple years. The guy has all the experience and patience needed to out smart younger more physical players. He is still lanky and has that finesse/polish to his game which lets him score down low with ease.

I like this list, but i'd have Al Jefferson offensively all day for scoring although his passing isn't tops.

Gasol, all around very good at everything, but does he excel at anything? Not really any weaknesses but not as good as Duncan with footwork.

Cousins is very good but turns it over a lot. Great range for a centre, powerful and quick. Has potential to be number 1.

Bynum, best size with post moves, has no shooting range and gets flustered too easily in double teams, very mechanical sometimes.

Dwight - Unstoppable when close to rim, some great little moves BUT terrible FT's, no real range outside 10 feet same as Bynum

Duncan doesn't really have a main weakness like the rest here so probably best all round. He doesn't have agility or speed like the others but has no real weakness. He doesn't have as much range as Cousins, but anything within 18ft is money.

JasonJohnHorn
11-13-2012, 09:49 AM
I think it depends on who you got listed as a C. Obviously if Garnett and Duncan are listed as C, then those two are up there. Al Jefferson has a great game and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Brook Lopez, because, despite the fact that he is not that strong a rebounder, the one things he is absolutely great at is scoring the ball.

Manimal
11-13-2012, 09:54 AM
I think it depends on who you got listed as a C. Obviously if Garnett and Duncan are listed as C, then those two are up there. Al Jefferson has a great game and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Brook Lopez, because, despite the fact that he is not that strong a rebounder, the one things he is absolutely great at is scoring the ball.

Check post #9.

ewmania
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
i agree with marc right now because he has the FT line edge over duncan right now

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-13-2012, 12:13 PM
Joel Anthony of course.

mightybosstone
11-13-2012, 12:18 PM
I think everyone who is mentioning Gasol or Duncan is forgetting that this is a strictly offensive discussion. And as much as it pains me to say, I think Jefferson is by far the best all around offensive center in the NBA. His defense kills him from being an elite center, but if we're just talking offense, it's gotta be Jefferson. I would put Gasol, Duncan and Bynum right behind him. And in terms of sheer dominance (not all around game), it's probably Dwight or Bynum.

Mambashiro
11-13-2012, 12:41 PM
I would say the two Gasol brothers, Tim Duncan, Andrew Bynum, D. Howard, then Cousins. Both Gasol brothers can both shoot with both hands, hit free throws, shoot from inside and midrange and pass well. Tim Duncan's only flaw is his free throw shooting.:)

Corey
11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
I think everyone who is mentioning Gasol or Duncan is forgetting that this is a strictly offensive discussion. And as much as it pains me to say, I think Jefferson is by far the best all around offensive center in the NBA. His defense kills him from being an elite center, but if we're just talking offense, it's gotta be Jefferson. I would put Gasol, Duncan and Bynum right behind him. And in terms of sheer dominance (not all around game), it's probably Dwight or Bynum.I pretty much agree with all of this.

HowFit
11-13-2012, 12:45 PM
Jefferson...

RipCity32
11-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I think you can make a solid case for Monroe if your talking about all around skills on the offensive end the guy cant shoot that great yet but hes a good scorer, rebounder and can pass the ball like a PG.

ManningToTyree
11-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Jefferson, Monroe, Duncan come to mind. Cousins if he wasn't a headcase.

Baller1
11-13-2012, 01:26 PM
I think everyone who is mentioning Gasol or Duncan is forgetting that this is a strictly offensive discussion. And as much as it pains me to say, I think Jefferson is by far the best all around offensive center in the NBA. His defense kills him from being an elite center, but if we're just talking offense, it's gotta be Jefferson. I would put Gasol, Duncan and Bynum right behind him. And in terms of sheer dominance (not all around game), it's probably Dwight or Bynum.

Pretty much this.

Chill_Will_24
11-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Al Jefferson

retropit
11-13-2012, 01:36 PM
I haven't seen too much of Al Jefferson lately, but can he go left yet? Almost every highlight I see of him, is him going with his right hand.

If he does go with his left hand, I would say he's number 1 or 2. If not I would say 3 or 4, behind Duncan and Pau Gasol who are excellent passers, because he is just so effective with his right and gets excellent position.

Brook Lopez would be up there but getting an offensive rebound is part of an all-around offensive center's game.

JiffyMix88
11-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Check post #9.

Check out post #4

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Brock Lupus

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Surprised Brook Lopez wasn't mentioned much. He's got one of the better offensive games in the NBA. He has post moves, can shoot from 15 ft, and shoots 80% from the free throw line. He may not be a banger in the post but he's offensively efficient.

Hawkeye15
11-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Jefferson, Monroe, Lopez, Marc Gasol, in no particular order.

TornadoOfSouls
11-13-2012, 02:09 PM
I remember reading this on another forum and I completely agree with it in regards to Al Jefferson's offensive game:

Al Jefferson doesn't belong in this conversation; he's the picture-perfect representation of a player who has a lot of moves and looks good while he does what he does, but actually sucks because his efficiency makes it not worthwhile. He's awful at drawing fouls, doesn't dominate the FG% category and his OREB% has declined for a couple of years in a row now. He's actually not that good of an offensive player in general, especially when you consider that he's a wholly unremarkable passer without an awesome jumper or FT shooting.

ugafan
11-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Al Horford is pretty awesome offensively.

AIRMAR72
11-13-2012, 02:28 PM

howard is not a true center take him off the list add hibbert to that list and gortat

b_russ
11-13-2012, 02:43 PM
howard is not a true center take him off the list add hibbert to that list and gortat

You're complaining about him listing Howard but not Tim Duncan?! You do realized the NBA took off the center option on the all-star ballot because at this point 4's and 5's are pretty interchangeable?

Blitzbolt
11-13-2012, 02:47 PM
Marc Gasol is the best the only problem is that he is not athletic.Big Al is the best SCORING C but Marc is the best all AROUND he is averaging 5 ast a game big Al has about 5 total assist.

dee279
11-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Eddy Curry

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-13-2012, 03:03 PM
obviously Joel Anthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2akdYIFJ2A

for more proof, check out YouTube.

BKLYNpigeon
11-13-2012, 03:10 PM
brook lopez

WAYNEBO
11-13-2012, 03:12 PM
obviously Joel Anthony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2akdYIFJ2A

for more proof, check out YouTube.

HAHAHAH... A Heat fan with a sense of humor. I like it!

Hawkeye15
11-13-2012, 03:20 PM
I remember reading this on another forum and I completely agree with it in regards to Al Jefferson's offensive game:

Al Jefferson doesn't belong in this conversation; he's the picture-perfect representation of a player who has a lot of moves and looks good while he does what he does, but actually sucks because his efficiency makes it not worthwhile. He's awful at drawing fouls, doesn't dominate the FG% category and his OREB% has declined for a couple of years in a row now. He's actually not that good of an offensive player in general, especially when you consider that he's a wholly unremarkable passer without an awesome jumper or FT shooting.

yeah but those up and under moves man.....

He is very talented offensively, as an individual. But yes, he isn't worth the trouble most the time.

Lucky.
11-13-2012, 03:29 PM
Al Jefferson

KNICKS R BACK
11-13-2012, 03:31 PM
wheres domefavors touting brook lopez as not only the best offensive center but the best center period? LMFAOOOO what a dunce that kid is

UPRock
11-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Duncan.

Captain Moroni
11-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Howard, Duncan, jefferson

Yabaecip
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I'd go with Big Al as well

TornadoOfSouls
11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
yeah but those up and under moves man.....

He is very talented offensively, as an individual. But yes, he isn't worth the trouble most the time.

I love watching Al Jefferson play too. But I sure as hell wouldn't want him on my team though.

Chill_Will_24
11-13-2012, 06:19 PM
wheres domefavors touting brook lopez as not only the best offensive center but the best center period? LMFAOOOO what a dunce that kid is

He has you and many others talking about him so i wonder who the dunce is...

DreamShaker
11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Dare I say....Chris Bosh?

JOhnnyTHaJet
11-14-2012, 03:10 AM
He has you and many others talking about him so i wonder who the dunce is...

Got heem

MackSnackWrap
11-14-2012, 04:01 AM
Now that Bosh is a C i dont see how its not him as the best offensive C.

Hawkeye15
11-14-2012, 04:40 AM
I love watching Al Jefferson play too. But I sure as hell wouldn't want him on my team though.

he was on my team. I agree with the overall effect he has, its not positive, period.

2-ONE-5
11-14-2012, 01:13 PM
anyone notice how much better this discussion is with out DMF trolling it about Brook Lopez

Chill_Will_24
11-14-2012, 01:21 PM
anyone notice how much better this discussion is with out DMF trolling it about Brook Lopez

and another one.. DMF can make you talk about him without ever even posting. I'd say he is accomplishing his goal anyway.

Fireworld
11-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I still have to go with Bynum.

ee
11-14-2012, 05:12 PM
Jason collins

NYYCowboys
11-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Tyson Chandler had the best O-rating, not just of all centers, but in the entire NBA last season. Just saying. :hide: He can't create his own offense, but he can definitely be a weapon with the right players surrounding him on the offensive side.

Raph12
11-14-2012, 05:35 PM
Scoring - Al Jefferson - A plethora of post moves + faceup jumper
Passing - Pau Gasol - High post, low post or on the break, he's the best passer playing 5
Combined - Tim Duncan - Great goto scorer and terrific passer
Dominance - Dwight Howard - Unguardable without fouling

Shammyguy3
11-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Marc Gasol

#Shumpert Up
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
1) Tim Duncan
2) Al Jefferson
3) Marc Gasol

Honorable Mention: Demarcus Cousins

dwight and bynum can't shoot. not all around offensive players

KNICKS R BACK
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM
LOL @ illwill being butthurt cause his buddy is a moron...yeah we're talking about him, as the biggest joke on PSD

Blitzbolt
11-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Marc Gasol is a better passer then Pau the stats don't lie.

Or maybe they do.

knicks=love
11-14-2012, 07:47 PM
Got heem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELQXqtcWtfg

hey sweet shoes bro, um, no actually they're terrible. GOT HEEM!

Tyson Chandler had the best O-rating, not just of all centers, but in the entire NBA last season. Just saying. :hide: He can't create his own offense, but he can definitely be a weapon with the right players surrounding him on the offensive side.

that's not what the OP is asking. tyson chandler does not have the all-around best offensive game. al jefferson is the obvious choice here.

knicks=love
11-14-2012, 07:48 PM
LOL @ illwill being butthurt cause his buddy is a moron...yeah we're talking about him, as the biggest joke on PSD

you're not too far off, mr. "i think incarcerated bob is a credible source".