PDA

View Full Version : Would the Bucks have won with Dirk?

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2012, 08:39 PM
The Bucks had Glen Robinson and Ray Allen and SF ans SG respectively, and Sam Cassell was running the point. And they had Gatling, Tyrone Hill and Scott Williams in the front court. In the offseason they drafted Dirk Nowitzki and traded "up" with Dallas to land Robert "Tracker" Trailer (who was already known for having weight issues in college). So the question is: Would the Bucks have been able to win won with Dirk at PF had they kept him? Dirk and Allen stepping out to shoot J's wiht Cassell running the point.... that would have been pretty nice to watch.

xxplayerxx23
11-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes!

Ebbs
11-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Assuming they had 4-5 years to keep the core together. Not sure what the time line was on departures there.

Hoopsadvocate
11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Glen big dog Robinson was a pf not sf that's why they felt they didn't need a dirk.

thrice4
11-12-2012, 10:29 PM
I wish! Dirk is my favorite player and bucks are my favorite team.

LongWayFromHome
11-13-2012, 01:28 AM
Glen big dog Robinson was a pf not sf that's why they felt they didn't need a dirk.

Early in his career Dirk played 3.

JordansBulls
11-13-2012, 11:33 AM
The Bucks had Glen Robinson and Ray Allen and SF ans SG respectively, and Sam Cassell was running the point. And they had Gatling, Tyrone Hill and Scott Williams in the front court. In the offseason they drafted Dirk Nowitzki and traded "up" with Dallas to land Robert "Tracker" Trailer (who was already known for having weight issues in college). So the question is: Would the Bucks have been able to win won with Dirk at PF had they kept him? Dirk and Allen stepping out to shoot J's wiht Cassell running the point.... that would have been pretty nice to watch.

Finals yes, and maybe by 2003 or 2004 they could have won with a Dirk/Ray combo.

kdspurman
11-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Finals yes, and maybe by 2003 or 2004 they could have won with a Dirk/Ray combo.

Don't know about that if things stayed the same with SA in 03 or beating the Pistons in 04. Detroit's physicality would've bothered them, Dirk especially. Both Wallace's were beasts defensively.