PDA

View Full Version : Will Gasol be traded?

jsimms92
11-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Do you think Pau will be traded for a stretch 4 type player that will be a better fit for Mike's pick and role 3 point shooting offense.

I think a Pau for ryan Anderson trade would help both teams...

Thoughts?

StarvingKnick22
11-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Id take him here in New York, lol

jmoney85
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
hump for gasol

LAKobeBryant
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
only for love and smith

shep33
11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Id take him here in New York, lol

Haha, I know who your thinking of giving up too :D

We shall not recite his name in talking about a potential Gasol trade. That who we don't speak in name would not be a good fit in LA. Staples Center has many safety devices protected with glass plating throughout the arena. Thus, such a transaction would only lead to tragedy.

DoMeFavors
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
With Mike now in LA, and Knicks playing great without Amare. And LAL playing pretty bad especially Gasol. I could see Steve Nash and Amare and Dantoni once again

RaiderLakersA's
11-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Gasol for...who?

C-Style
11-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Lol at Gasol playing bad

LakersIn5
11-12-2012, 01:05 PM
imagine klove demanding a trade to the lakers. dwight love kobe nash DAMN!

shep33
11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
Gasol for...who?

You know who... Don't say his name otherwise a fairy dies

theheatles
I thought they'd try to trade Pau for Josh Smith but not with D'Antoni coming in...Pau should just work on his 3 pt shot

xxplayerxx23

:laugh:

torocan
11-12-2012, 01:09 PM
With Mike now in LA, and Knicks playing great without Amare. And LAL playing pretty bad especially Gasol. I could see Steve Nash and Amare and Dantoni once again

I don't see that happening.

Amare's contract is too onerous and Uninsurable.

I think a more likely trade would be Gasol + Steve Blake for Jeremy Lin + Chandler Parsons + Delfino + filler.

Short contracts (3/3/2), low cap hits ($8.3/3/3), would be immediate upgrades to the bench, gives them a good 3 point shooter to spread the floor (Delfino), 2 average 3 point shooters (33%ish), a substantial upgrade at the back up PG spot and gives D'Antoni the flexibility to manage Nash's minutes better.

I suspect there's MANY other teams that could offer similar packages far more attractive than Amare.

Ty Fast
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
pau for amare

xxplayerxx23
11-12-2012, 01:10 PM
What a terrible trade idea^
Above Ty. I love his idea :D

Ill21
11-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Gasol for amare please :pray:

KB24PG16
11-12-2012, 01:18 PM
i dont think he even gets traded

49erGiantLaker
11-12-2012, 01:19 PM
They better not trade him unless it's for Love. Love goes to a contender. Pau gets to play with Rubio.

Make it happen Mitch.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Gasol can still make the mid range shot. He's not getting traded.

KB24PG16
11-12-2012, 01:21 PM
lakers still want cap room for 2014 amare doesnt fit into that

JordansBulls
11-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Bulls need him.

Gram
11-12-2012, 01:26 PM
only for love and smith

You seriously think the Lakers would get Love for Gasol and spare crap?

Gram
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
They better not trade him unless it's for Love. Love goes to a contender. Pau gets to play with Rubio.

Make it happen Mitch.

Lakers will not get Love unless they trade Howard.

Jint.
11-12-2012, 01:27 PM
Pau for Bargnani ??

Teeboy1487
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Gasol needs to stay. No way I would want him to be traded for Amare. The only way Gasol I would want Gasol trade if it landed us Kevin Love. I know that will never happen so no way Gasol needs to be traded.

chicagocubsfan
11-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Gasol won't be traded. He is playing great.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-12-2012, 01:32 PM
I tihnk a Stat/Dwight front court would be a ridiculous amount of fun, but there is just too much risk with Amar'e.

I would love to have Gasol

thrice4
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I love gasol but the bucks have too many forwards.

Kobe2324
11-12-2012, 01:37 PM
for aderson that would be nuts and no i dont think they will trade him unless they are really stumbling around the deadline, if this team is rolling in the next few months i dont expect any changes other then maybe adding a vet or something when players get waived...

Jarvo
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Pau for Amare oh hail nah!!!

theheatles
11-12-2012, 01:39 PM
Pau for Bargnani ??

That's not a bad idea...It'll save the Lakers a lot of money too, which they should be doing to align themselves to sign Dwight to a long term deal and then sign Brandon Jennings

The goods
11-12-2012, 01:40 PM
I think they will try and trade him now, but for who is the question.

The goods
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Pau for Bargnani, and Derozan

Nash
Kobe
Derozan
Bargnani
Howard

ManRam
11-12-2012, 01:41 PM
I don't know if he will, but I think they should be open to it. Get someone who can space things out just a little more.

Hell, even though Pau is the significantly better player, a guy like Ryan Anderson could be more devastating in a Nash/D'Antoni run offense, especially considering Anderson is a decent defender and a great rebounder too. Bargnani has been mentioned too, and I think that would work as well.

StarvingKnick22
11-12-2012, 01:46 PM
Haha, I know who your thinking of giving up too :D

We shall not recite his name in talking about a potential Gasol trade. That who we don't speak in name would not be a good fit in LA. Staples Center has many safety devices protected with glass plating throughout the arena. Thus, such a transaction would only lead to tragedy.

lol

jmoney85
11-12-2012, 01:48 PM
teletovic would blossom with dantoni

netsgiantsyanks
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
pau for ryan anderson? lmfao.

Jenceman
11-12-2012, 01:52 PM
I'd rather keep Pau.

albertajaysfan
11-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Nash
Kobe
Derozan
Bargnani
Howard

Derozan would be great for the running part of the offence however D'Antoni needs shooters which Derozan is not. Plus even though I am a Raps fan I would prefer MWP in that starting lineup over Derozan. Bargnani sandwiched between Dwight and MWP offsets his complete lack of rebounding IMO.

I would be thrilled if this happened. Calderon and Pau finish their careers in TO to bring some veteran leadership to our young team? Plus I want us to get rid of Bargs because I think he is a terrible piece to try and build around which we have been doing for far too long.

ManRam
11-12-2012, 01:57 PM
pau for ryan anderson? lmfao.

WHy not? It's also obvious it will never happen, but Anderson is a better fit on that Lakers team. Better player? No. Better fit? I think so. He's also younger and cheaper. I highly doubt NOH does it, and I don't know if LAL would either, but I think it's interesting.

Anderson was arguably the better player last season. He's a better scorer, shooter and offensive rebounder. He's a lesser defender and overall rebounder (not by much). He's 7 years younger, he's more mobile, he can stretch the court more, he can open up the paint for a Nash/Howard Kobe/Howard P&R and he has great chemistry with Dwight. He's just a better fit IMO.

Stinkyoutsider
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I'd keep Gasol. He's got good enough range and he's a very good pick and roll player. Good passing and vision, good jumper, and he's got enough versatility to be a spot up shooter in case Nash decides to run the pick and roll with Howard.

I like the Lakers squad now in this pick and roll type D'Antoni offense. Both Kobe and Nash can handle the ball and run it and both Howard and Gasol are very good too.

Problem is, D'Antoni needs Nash. Everything starts with him and he's out right now. Whoever will be playing point in place of Nash until he comes back better be a good decision maker to continue to have Kobe play off the ball like he wants this year.

HowFit
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
I thought they'd try to trade Pau for Josh Smith but not with D'Antoni coming in...Pau should just work on his 3 pt shot

Heck no would Atl do this...

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2012, 02:26 PM
D'Antoni will liklely be all like: Can we trade Gasol for Amare? And NY will be all: FAWK YEAH!!!!

Seriously though, Gasol has a jumper... he'll work well with Nash, it's Howard that doesn't have a much of a jump shot.

Hellcrooner
11-12-2012, 02:30 PM
90% chance.

Possible candidates.

NY: With Dantoni in L.A a trade for stou makes some... sense i mean New Yorkers are as fed up of Stou as Angelinos are for Pau, and they would fit better in the other teams system.
ATL: If Smith says he wont resign.
Min: D Williams II and Pieces, was offered at some point.
Mem: Zach fits better what Dantoni would want, Memphis could sell a ton of Merchandasing with the brothers gimmick.
Hou: McHales is stubborn, and he wants Pau Badly since forever.
G.S: Lee + aparently they tried to trade for him inthe deadline last season

Avenged
11-12-2012, 02:32 PM
Pau isn't being traded for Amare.. llullz D'Antoni isn't coming to the Lakers to demand players and call shots so that leaves Amare out.

Hellcrooner
11-12-2012, 02:33 PM
:p
Pau for Bargnani ??

Bargnani+ Lowry
Make it happen

mgsports
11-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Ryan Anderson can't be Traded intill December.

To the Magic for Glen Davis,Kyle O'Quinn and so on?

Faneik
11-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Make it happen Mitch.

why would the wolves do a pau gasol for kevin love trade?

why would they help a conference rival?

ManRam
11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
I'd trade Glen Davis for a few sandbags full of ****, let alone Pau Gasol!

justinnum1
11-12-2012, 02:36 PM
LMAO at someone mentioning pau for love.

Hellcrooner
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
^ Meu Deus, face moito temp que non aposteas no foro, pensei que non entrabas mais.
:)
WOnder what the celtics woudl offer.

shep33
11-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Bargnani+ Lowry
Make it happen

I'd probably do that deal, need one more bench player from them or they can take Blake

justinnum1
11-12-2012, 02:39 PM
raptors arent giving up lowry lol.

more like barganig and calderon for pau and meeks

Patrick Ewing33
11-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Honestly Amar'e would be great with the Lakers.. I mean your reuniting Nash and Amar'e (although there on the decline, they know the system and they we're pretty succesful) then you add Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.. I think that would be a good idea.

Lakers:Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Copeland
Kurt Thomas
James White

Knicks:Pau Gasol

A Pau Gasol and Tyson Chandler front court.. :worthy:

Maybe when Stoudemire comes back he'll be useful and he will attract the Lakers..

Let me get out of my fantasy..

Avenged
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
raptors arent giving up lowry lol.

more like barganig and calderon for pau and meeks

That's interesting. It would essentially be Bargs and Calderon for Pau since Meeks has been trash for us. Some Laker fans think we can get Love for Pau.. lllullz.

edit: I'm on board with keeping Pau though :shrug:

Lakers4life08
11-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Gasol playing bad??wtf....he is playing great as 3-4 option in offense....

Indi23
11-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Lakers fans that over value their players.^ Lol Lowry and Barg for a declined pau/Or love? Lol good luck with that.

Faneik
11-12-2012, 02:47 PM
^ Meu Deus, face moito temp que non aposteas no foro, pensei que non entrabas mais.
:)
WOnder what the celtics woudl offer.

Olá, é verdade, mas cá estou eu outra vez.

Pau Gasol is a very skilled player however PF/C is not a position of need right now for the Celtics.

I don't understand these talks about Pau being traded. He is a good pick'n'pop player. For a big man he has very good range.

ManRam
11-12-2012, 02:48 PM
The Lakers need shooters, and Pau I think is their most valuable dispensable asset. Keeping him obviously is NOT a bad idea, but for the right players it's worth considering. He and Dwight are different enough that it will work fine as is, but a stretch 4 I do think would be slightly more potent on that roster.

Rocketsfan85
11-12-2012, 02:52 PM
I don't see that happening.

Amare's contract is too onerous and Uninsurable.

I think a more likely trade would be Gasol + Steve Blake for Jeremy Lin + Chandler Parsons + Delfino + filler.

Short contracts (3/3/2), low cap hits ($8.3/3/3), would be immediate upgrades to the bench, gives them a good 3 point shooter to spread the floor (Delfino), 2 average 3 point shooters (33%ish), a substantial upgrade at the back up PG spot and gives D'Antoni the flexibility to manage Nash's minutes better.

I suspect there's MANY other teams that could offer similar packages far more attractive than Amare.

Wtf why would houston trade parsons Lin and delfino for an aging Pau I'd take him in houston but not for those players in no way plus there not even getting a PF back for him this is just stupid. I honestly feel like they'd trade him for Amare honestly

AI
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Amare for Pau, make it happen. :p

BKLYNpigeon
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Trade Pau for shooters and a bench.

netsgiantsyanks
11-12-2012, 03:01 PM
WHy not? It's also obvious it will never happen, but Anderson is a better fit on that Lakers team. Better player? No. Better fit? I think so. He's also younger and cheaper. I highly doubt NOH does it, and I don't know if LAL would either, but I think it's interesting.

Anderson was arguably the better player last season. He's a better scorer, shooter and offensive rebounder. He's a lesser defender and overall rebounder (not by much). He's 7 years younger, he's more mobile, he can stretch the court more, he can open up the paint for a Nash/Howard Kobe/Howard P&R and he has great chemistry with Dwight. He's just a better fit IMO.

maybe, but pau's trade value is worth way more than just a ryan anderson swap IMO.

justinnum1
11-12-2012, 03:10 PM
maybe, but pau's trade value is worth way more than just a ryan anderson swap IMO.

I think anderson would be a much better fit on the lakers than gasol. anderson would be the perfect PF for the lakers and mike d's system.

problem is gasol makes twice as much as anderson

ManRam
11-12-2012, 03:16 PM

I think you underestimate how good Ryan Anderson is. I mean, I'd rather have Pau on my team (well, not really because my team sucks and is rebuilding), but there are a lot of variables that make it make sense. Age, salary, fit, skillset etc., etc.

Anderson was every bit as effective last season as Pau was. You could argue that he was the better player straight up and have an easy time doing so. :shrug:

In a Mike D system I think he'd be amazing. Pau will be fine too because he is a great compliment to Dwight, but Anderson running the court, opening the middle of the court for Nash and Dwight, and being a threat from three (something the Lakers lack) could make that offense nuts.

curtcocaine
11-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Pau for David Lee and Barnes

curtcocaine
11-12-2012, 03:18 PM
and find a way dump Ron shittest

NYYCowboys
11-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Pau for Amare :drool: :hide:

torocan
11-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Wtf why would houston trade parsons Lin and delfino for an aging Pau I'd take him in houston but not for those players in no way plus there not even getting a PF back for him this is just stupid. I honestly feel like they'd trade him for Amare honestly

I never said they wouldn't get a PF back... Houston has tons of young PF's they can put in a deal.

Delfino is a bench player who shoots a good 3 -- not that hard to replace.

The PG position is MUCH deeper than the PF position. It's FAR harder to get a PF at/near Pau's caliber than it is to get a PG that would be similar or a minor drop off in terms of production.

Lin is mostly about potential... Today he's basically an averagish starting PG. If you can get back an upper tier PF, you can always go shopping for another young PG or two to stopgap the position.

Asik wouldn't be on the block as the Center position is VERY hard to replace. And I just don't see them trading Harden right after signing him to 5 years/$80M. Which means if Houston wants in on a Pau trade, they're not going to have an attractive enough package without putting Lin on the block (rookies or players like Parsons/Ppat just aren't going to cut it).

From the position of the Lakers, the biggest things they need are shooters to spread the floor and players to improve the bench. Adding strength to the PG position would be a bonus and give more flexibility in terms of managing Nash's minutes. Lets also not forget that the Lakers are facing a HUMUNGOUS luxury tax hit down the road, so shedding a portion of Pau's salary would definitely not be out of the question.

Pau would add considerable talent to the Houston frontcourt, giving them leverage to find another upper tier/superstar to round out their roster. Then all they need to do is work on picking up role players or developing whoever is left on their roster.

Depending on the components of the trade, it could be a win/win for both teams.

It's hard to say how likely such a trade would be, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

netsgiantsyanks
11-12-2012, 03:44 PM
I think anderson would be a much better fit on the lakers than gasol. anderson would be the perfect PF for the lakers and mike d's system.

problem is gasol makes twice as much as anderson

i never said he wasn't, i'm saying that you could get much more for pau, that's all. what else would NO give up?

osmosis da kid
11-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Dude no matter who you trade for your team is going to suck because Pringles is your coach did you see the 3 years mess that Woodson had to clean up, this dude is a ****ing nut case..

netsgiantsyanks
11-12-2012, 03:45 PM
I think you underestimate how good Ryan Anderson is. I mean, I'd rather have Pau on my team (well, not really because my team sucks and is rebuilding), but there are a lot of variables that make it make sense. Age, salary, fit, skillset etc., etc.

Anderson was every bit as effective last season as Pau was. You could argue that he was the better player straight up and have an easy time doing so. :shrug:

In a Mike D system I think he'd be amazing. Pau will be fine too because he is a great compliment to Dwight, but Anderson running the court, opening the middle of the court for Nash and Dwight, and being a threat from three (something the Lakers lack) could make that offense nuts.

i would be the last person to underestimate ryan anderson, he was a net remember? i was MAD when he got thrown in to that VC deal.

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 03:51 PM
all these trade suggestions have the Lakers getting an uneven deal or too close of a deal where everyone knows if the Lakers trade a star level player they will get a great deal like always, not just Ryan Anderson & Amare for Pau is a joke cuz Pau fits a lot better than Amare does

Dwight will already play the Amare role (on steriods)

Cubbiefan8
11-12-2012, 03:52 PM
It doesn't matter if they trade Gasol or not. Mith Mike D as coach they are not going to the NBA finals. So the season is a waste for them. He had all kinds of talent in Phoenix and should have made the Fianls in two of his seasons there, but only made the WCF once. Pry should have kept Brown instead of hiring this clown.

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 03:54 PM
It doesn't matter if they trade Gasol or not. Mith Mike D as coach they are not going to the NBA finals. So the season is a waste for them. He had all kinds of talent in Phoenix and should have made the Fianls in two of his seasons there, but only made the WCF once. Pry should have kept Brown instead of hiring this clown.

David Stern helped keep the team out of the finals, plus the talent level doesnt even compare to wut LA has.

heyman321
11-12-2012, 03:55 PM
Gasol for Dirk, this ripoff will somehow happen.

osmosis da kid
11-12-2012, 03:56 PM

Bargnani+ Lowry
Make it happen

Your not getting Lowry (Prime) and Bargnani (Prime) for a aging Pau I'm sorry not going to happen.

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Gasol for Dirk.

that'd be amazing but i cant see Cuban helping us out

Cubbiefan8
11-12-2012, 03:57 PM
But they still aren't going to the Finals with him as coach.

numba1CHANGsta
11-12-2012, 03:58 PM
Dwight+Amare wont work so keep dreaming Knick fans

osmosis da kid
11-12-2012, 03:59 PM
all these trade suggestions have the Lakers getting an uneven deal or too close of a deal where everyone knows if the Lakers trade a star level player they will get a great deal like always, not just Ryan Anderson & Amare for Pau is a joke cuz Pau fits a lot better than Amare does

Dwight will already play the Amare role (on steriods)

No he doesn't Amare Has a jumpshot and can faceup and PnR Dwight doesn't have nowhere near offensive ability as Amare.

osmosis da kid
11-12-2012, 04:00 PM

The question who would work??? I mean Nash and Amare made it work in phx why wouldn't it work now..

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
No he doesn't Amare Has a jumpshot and can faceup and PnR Dwight doesn't have nowhere near offensive ability as Amare.

:laugh2: Dwights the best pick & roll player in the league & thats all he was asked to do, plus Amare's shot wasnt that great, He's trash now with his injured knees that used to explosive & thats all he really had

topdog
11-12-2012, 04:01 PM
I tihnk a Stat/Dwight front court would be a ridiculous amount of fun, but there is just too much risk with Amar'e.

I would love to have Gasol

I always used to put those 2 together in NBA Live. So much dunking... :drool:

Gasol will not be traded because nobody wants him for what the Lakers would want for him.

Lakers211221
11-12-2012, 04:08 PM
I think the wrong question is being asked here. Paul will be a good fit in D'Antoni's pick and roll. The player who doesn't fit is Ron Artest. The question is, will anyone take him?

topdog
11-12-2012, 04:16 PM
I think the wrong question is being asked here. Paul will be a good fit in D'Antoni's pick and roll. The player who doesn't fit is Ron Artest. The question is, will anyone take him?

Pau Pau Powerwheels!

goalie
11-12-2012, 04:16 PM
They wont give Pau away and nobody wants Amare so stop putting him in every trade scenario. His career is basically over and NYK will be paying that entire conract on their own. He won't be back for at least a month and he will be out again, he will always need rest and time off. You can not avoid reality in regard to Amare. No one will trade for him and if they do you won't be gettign anything at all in return.

D' will find a way to make Gasol work. Gasol is a high caliber player that is old and worn down, D' will make that work.

Mile High Champ
11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
Pau for Bargnani ??

Where do I sign?

blahblahyoutoo
11-12-2012, 04:28 PM
Honestly Amar'e would be great with the Lakers.. I mean your reuniting Nash and Amar'e (although there on the decline, they know the system and they we're pretty succesful) then you add Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard.. I think that would be a good idea.

Lakers:Amar'e Stoudemire
Chris Copeland
Kurt Thomas
James White

Knicks:Pau Gasol

A Pau Gasol and Tyson Chandler front court.. :worthy:

Maybe when Stoudemire comes back he'll be useful and he will attract the Lakers..

Let me get out of my fantasy..

notice how all the knicks fans are clamoring for pau, while none of the LA fans are welcoming amare with open arms.

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Pau for David Lee and Barnes

this can draw some interest, David Lee has a good mid range & is good at cleaning up everything, Barnes a good young prospect, I just dont think the Warriors would be interested cuz I think they want to build a young team

blahblahyoutoo
11-12-2012, 04:35 PM
this can draw some interest, David Lee has a good mid range & is good at cleaning up everything, Barnes a good young prospect, I just dont think the Warriors would be interested cuz I think they want to build a young team

yup, lee is a very poor man's love and his lack of D will be mitigated with dwight roaming the paint.

osmosis da kid
11-12-2012, 04:48 PM
:laugh2: Dwights the best pick & roll player in the league & thats all he was asked to do, plus Amare's shot wasnt that great, He's trash now with his injured knees that used to explosive & thats all he really had

Dude you sound dumb as hell he does have a great jumpshot **** if he wasn't so bad in defense I wouldn't even think of trading for PAU but with or without Amare or Pau The knicks are still better than the lakers. LMAO..:p:D

Lakers4life08
11-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Only player i hope Lakers willl trade is Steve AKA 'Thug' Blake....he is garbage...Morris is better defender and faster and can create his own shot.

ManRam
11-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Dwight can be great in the pick and roll, and I'd love to see what he can do with Nash, but he's certainly NOT the "best" pick and roll player in the NBA. Let's not get carried away.

UNless you meant defensively, then yes, he's the best pick and roll defender in the game (when healthy...which I'm not certain he's 100%)

NYY 26 to 7
11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
It seems there are many that haven't seen D'Anotni's offense run. Its not a question of Pau playing well its more a question of fit and spacing within Mike D's system. You really need a stretch 4 to have the right spacing for the pg and C on the P&R. Pau in the post or midrange clogs space and cuts down on the effectiveness of the offense. I realize everyone thinks that talent is talent but I think Mike D has shown what happens when he has the right guys to his system and when he doesn't. If you're committing to him for 3-4 years why not trade Pau while he has great value for the right pieces to make it work (a 4 who can stretch the floor with the 3 ball and some shooters off the bench).

ChiSox219
11-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Dwight can be great in the pick and roll, and I'd love to see what he can do with Nash, but he's certainly NOT the "best" pick and roll player in the NBA. Let's not get carried away.

UNless you meant defensively, then yes, he's the best pick and roll defender in the game (when healthy...which I'm not certain he's 100%)

You've seen him way more than I have but fwiw:

"according to Synergy Sports, Howard shot 73.6 on rolls to the rim while posting 1.384 points per possession, tops in the NBA"

BaddNewz
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Why would they trade pau? He can stretch the D with his jumper and he is used to pick and rolling. Granted he is better with his back to the basket

raiderposting
11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
gasol for lee and barnes will be ****ing amazing for the lakers. mitch can do that **** too.

ManRam
11-12-2012, 06:19 PM
You've seen him way more than I have but fwiw:

"according to Synergy Sports, Howard shot 73.6 on rolls to the rim while posting 1.384 points per possession, tops in the NBA"

Fair enough. Maybe my eyes can be deceiving. That, his desire to bring the ball below his waste when in the post and his FT shooting were always my biggest beefs.

knicks=love
11-12-2012, 06:37 PM

just like dwight is working with nash, kobe and pau right? :rolleyes:

knicks=love
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
pau for (insert really bad package of players from your favorite team here)

LA_Raiders
11-12-2012, 06:44 PM
No thanks, he can shot the 3 if needed. Pringles has to be more creative and not play only Run and Gun Offense.

Gasol is the best at P&R by the way.

LAKERS4LIFE!!
11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Gasol won't be traded soon. I'm thinking Mitch will wait until the end of the season when Gasol becomes like a 18-20 million(not sure) expiring contract. Then the lakers would get some better pieces in return.

Hugbees
11-12-2012, 06:49 PM
Wow people actually think it is possible to obtain love or smith for Gasol.. just..wow.. Way to represent the intelligence of your fanbase!

STA_PLAR
11-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Please LA. Take Amare ...especially if he plays like last year lol.

KnicksR4Real
11-12-2012, 07:02 PM
Oh **** Pau for Amar'e. Nash plus Amar'e revival.

popo85
11-12-2012, 07:07 PM
Only player i hope Lakers willl trade is Steve AKA 'Thug' Blake....he is garbage...Morris is better defender and faster and can create his own shot.

Yes its time for that thrash Blake to be out the door. His numbers as a Laker are horrendus and he can't play any D.

ManRam
11-12-2012, 07:09 PM
Usually when you say "PLEASE TAKE so-and-so", it means that you won't be getting an all-star caliber player like Pau back. Just a thought...

curtcocaine
11-12-2012, 07:11 PM
lacking a true winner on the team work for both teams IMO im a Warrior fan AND a Laker fan GET IT DONE MITCH lol

THE MTL
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Gasol for Amare makes sense. :D. Gasol would be great in NYC!

UPRock
11-12-2012, 07:19 PM
He won't be traded, no chance.

NFLNBA
11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
Lakers should trade him for Aldridge as 1st choice, Josh Smith 2nd choice, Z-Bo 3rd option.

I like the idea of the Gasol brothers in Memphis that would be dope!

Amare and Gasol swap would work IMO. Listen i know Gasol is the better player but honestly Amare fits better for the Lakers now. Amare is quicker

Robbw241
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Gasol for Anderson and Rivers? Austin on the Lakers would be a good storyline too

raiderposting
11-12-2012, 07:50 PM
i think pau for lee and barnes will be a very good trade. lee has a better jumper than gasol(but not too much better) and yea his D is worse but the addition of barnes is huge. not for this year but 2-3 years down the road where kobe retires. Kobe mentoring him will increase his potential. Howard-Barnes-max contract 2 yeard down the line

nycericanguy
11-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow people actually think it is possible to obtain love or smith for Gasol.. just..wow.. Way to represent the intelligence of your fanbase!

seriously! next thing you know they'll think they can get Nash for just a couple of late 1st's or Howard for an injured Bynum straight up...

oo... wait...

John Walls Era
11-12-2012, 07:56 PM
Yeah the Lakers who only rape teams in trades are going to trade away Pau Gasol for injured goods Amare...

LakersMaster24
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
Pau + Meeks + Duhon for Lee + Klay + Jack

llullz.

BHF
11-12-2012, 08:56 PM

Bargnani+ Lowry
Make it happen

lol :facepalm:

_KB24_
11-12-2012, 08:58 PM
Interesting. Would New Orleans be interesting in parting with Rivers and Anderson for Pau and a filler? Would Pau's contract be the bigger detriment or parting with Rivers?

bucketss
11-12-2012, 08:59 PM

Bargnani+ calderon
Make it happen

fixed.

justinnum1
11-12-2012, 09:01 PM
Interesting. Would New Orleans be interesting in parting with Rivers and Anderson for Pau and a filler? Would Pau's contract be the bigger detriment or parting with Rivers?

hornets would never do that lol

NYKNYGNYY
11-12-2012, 09:02 PM
I been sayin for amare reunite him with nash n dantoni

BHF
11-12-2012, 09:03 PM
fixed.

i think he is trolling no way he can be serious

curtcocaine
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
i think pau for lee and barnes will be a very good trade. lee has a better jumper than gasol(but not too much better) and yea his D is worse but the addition of barnes is huge. not for this year but 2-3 years down the road where kobe retires. Kobe mentoring him will increase his potential. Howard-Barnes-max contract 2 yeard down the line

:clap::clap:this:clap::clap:

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Pau Gasol is going to smash with Dantoni, 10x the player Amare is, the only thing he had was explosiveness & thats gone + an alright mid range, Amare is just now developing post moves, Pau has always been better than Amare, Nash made Amare that max contract

Metta World Peace is visibly the main concern from the starting line up & i'll b interesting to see how he adjusts

Oldmantrash
11-12-2012, 09:27 PM
I don't see why Gasol wouldn't fit into Dantoni's system.
It would be hard to get equal value back, i'd be surprised if he's traded.

Knicks21
11-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Pau Gasol is going to smash with Dantoni, 10x the player Amare is, the only thing he had was explosiveness & thats gone + an alright mid range, Amare is just now developing post moves, Pau has always been better than Amare, Nash made Amare that max contract

Metta World Peace is visibly the main concern from the starting line up & i'll b interesting to see how he adjusts

Amare is the better pick and roll player and that is all that matters with D'antoni at the helm.

And you must of missed the first half of the 2010-11 season.

People really make Amare out to be like he is a player with no talent what so ever, go ask the players who have to guard him. Yes hes overpaid, but he is a talent nonetheless.

Mave1002
11-12-2012, 09:37 PM

Honestly, Pau Gasol has always been my favorite player but if I were to make a trade, Id go for Kevin Love.

But heck no, well just have to wait for 2014, maybe 2015. Post Kobe-Pau-Nash.

No sweat. They will come. DH12-Love-Irving.

raiderposting
11-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Amare is the better pick and roll player and that is all that matters with D'antoni at the helm.

People really make Amare out to be like he is a player with no talent what so ever, go ask the players who have to guard him. Yes hes overpaid, but he is a talent nonetheless.

if im the lakers i would never look at pau for amare. lakers aren't going to settle. plus pau>>>amare, lakers dont lose in trades.

Mave1002
11-12-2012, 09:40 PM
You seriously think the Lakers would get Love for Gasol and spare crap?

Well, we got fish for Jordan Hill recently.. (not to mention we got Sessions last year for Luke Walton and Jason Kapono haha)

Oh, and we got DH12 for Bynum who hasnt even played a single game as a Philadelpia 76er.

In Hollywood, anything is possible. :rolleyes:

Mave1002
11-12-2012, 09:42 PM

Nash
Kobe
Derozan
Bargnani
Howard

With MDA as coach? That's just a roster that will be horrid on D.

No thanks.

Lake_Show2416
11-12-2012, 09:55 PM

no he is not, he just had a great pick & roll PG who makes any remotely athletic big look good, look at Gortat, almost averaging the same amount of points, Gasol never had a good PG but he still can pick & roll with the best of them & isnt 1 dimensional

Max.This
11-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Some of these laker fans are dreamers. Paul Gasol is a good player but no gm in the league would make a trade pau for love unless love had a chronic illness and slight limp when walking . These fans are probably the same ppl that say amare is overrated. I'm a Knick fan and I can admit amare is overpaid maybe its about time some of you fans come back to reality. Noone is going to trade josh smith either stop saying stupid ****

C-Style
11-12-2012, 10:09 PM
I'f hes successful what will that say about Melo & Amare??

STL Don
11-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Would never trade Gasol unless it were in a deal for another all-star or a package that made a ton of sense and could not be passed up.
Someone like Kevin Love or a package of Calderon/Bargnani, etc.

He'll do just fine in D'Antoni's system. We just need to somehow sign or trade for another shooter. Our starting lineup is fine, they just need a consistent shooter that can mesh in with Jamison and Hill and help solidify the Lakers bench.

nyKnicks126
11-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Nash + D'Antoni + Stoudemire...................... Suns + Kobe and Dwight.... Damn.. But I would love to have Gasol in NY.

Pluvious
11-12-2012, 10:43 PM
That's interesting. It would essentially be Bargs and Calderon for Pau since Meeks has been trash for us. Some Laker fans think we can get Love for Pau.. lllullz.

edit: I'm on board with keeping Pau though :shrug:

then the Lakers have 5 point guards. Meeks is going to be great for LA. If you make that trade (not saying I would) then its Pau and either Morris/Blake/Duhon.

Pluvious
11-12-2012, 10:47 PM

Amare is a truly awesome pick and roll player...one of the top 2-3 of all-time finishers of the pick and roll. But that is his entire game. He is horrible at defense and rebounding (man and help D) and he is turnover prone in iso or post situations. And a bad passer.

So do not sell Amare out as far as how great a finisher he is/was. Both going to the hoop and shooting the jumper. But what he brings in that area is cancelled out but what he does otherwise. However, playing with Howard would out some of those weaknesses. You still do not make that trade if you are a Laker. Gasol won't make you scratch your eyes out quite as much.

Ebbs
11-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Gasol - Ebanks for Smoove + Korver

QUICKTRADE
11-12-2012, 11:03 PM
gasol - ebanks for smoove + korver

+1

jerellh528
11-13-2012, 01:26 AM

:up:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-13-2012, 02:11 AM
How about 2012 Gasol for 2008-2010 Gasol ? :shrug:

Lakers4life08
11-13-2012, 02:37 AM
if he gets traded,i hope its not for Stoudamire that dude is garbage and he is finished

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Hey Laker fans. The Timberwolves are 5-2 right now and that is with 6 players injured. Once we get healthy we will be a playoff team for many years do you know what that means. LOVE is going no where. Let me repeat that once more because some of you Lakers have a lot of crap in between your ears. LOVE is going no where. This also includes bull fans.

Gibby23
11-13-2012, 02:51 AM
Hey Laker fans. The Timberwolves are 5-2 right now and that is with 6 players injured. Once we get healthy we will be a playoff team for many years do you know what that means. LOVE is going no where. Let me repeat that once more because some of you Lakers have a lot of crap in between your ears. LOVE is going no where. This also includes bull fans.

Lol

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 02:54 AM
Care to explain why not?

Gibby23
11-13-2012, 02:55 AM
Care to explain why not?

Why? Lets see them make it 1 year in a row...

DLCK
11-13-2012, 02:56 AM

Make it happen Mitch.

Lakers will not get Love unless they trade Howard.

I remember when the only way we would get dwight is if we traded both bynum n gasol lol

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Why? Lets see them make it 1 year in a row...

When fully healthy this is probably a 4th seed team. With a young stars at pg, pf, and center. Along with a great veteran at sf and a very deep bench. Paired with one of the best coaches in the nba. So yeah this team will make the playoffs for many years to come and I think the majority of the people on this site believe it.

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 03:06 AM
I remember when the only way we would get dwight is if we traded both bynum n gasol lol

Love will never be a Laker. Unless he is 36 years old on a vet min contract

Mr. LA
11-13-2012, 03:21 AM
@ all you guys saying love will never be a Laker .... well news flash people ... we got Gasol for Kwame Brown in the first place .... we got Dwight when everyone said we couldn't unless we traded Gasol and Bynum ... we got Steve freaking Nash ... like anyone saw that coming .... and we got every good big man that ever played the game!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't underestimate us. WE ARE THE LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wouldn't be surprised if we got Love at all

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 03:24 AM
:facepalm:

Mr. LA
11-13-2012, 03:26 AM
When fully healthy this is probably a 4th seed team. With a young stars at pg, pf, and center. Along with a great veteran at sf and a very deep bench. Paired with one of the best coaches in the nba. So yeah this team will make the playoffs for many years to come and I think the majority of the people on this site believe it.

4th seed :facepalm:

Lakers
Thunder
Spurs
Wolves? LOL NO!!!!! cont. list >>>>> Clippers
Grizzlies
Nuggets
Mavs
MAYBE Wolves but probably
someone else/anyone in the west

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Haha mr funny guy should be your name..

Mr. LA
11-13-2012, 03:34 AM
Haha mr funny guy should be your name..

LOL where have you been?

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 03:36 AM
I like to stay away from the mass of delusional fans that is the nba forum. Truthfully I root for the Lakers and Kobe is one of my favorite players, but I can not stand the fans on this site.

Mr. LA
11-13-2012, 03:41 AM
I like to stay away from the mass of delusional fans that is the nba forum. Truthfully I root for the Lakers and Kobe is one of my favorite players, but I can not stand the fans on this site.

Brown for Gasol
Bynum for Dwight
Picks for Nash
Gasol for Love

pattern looks exactly the same to me

shep33
11-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Back to the OP's question. Don't see it unless we're struggling or aren't looking like we'll get over the hump, I can definitely see it.

For who? Teams that could be interested:

Toronto
Chicago
Knicks (unlikely)
Houston (with Lin + Harden + Asik... look out)

Probably a few more

Sota4Ever
11-13-2012, 03:46 AM
Brown for Gasol
Bynum for Dwight
Picks for Nash
Gasol for Love

pattern looks exactly the same to me

Except we have a coach and a gm that would never do that. Kahn is great at trading(not so much drafting) and Adelman would never let it happen. As well as Taylor would never sign off on it. You guys got Gasol for cheap because Memphis wanted to unload his contract. We don't want to do that with Love. You guys got Dwight because the magic screwed every bridge they had other then you guys and Dwight wanted to leave. Klove doesn't want to leave he just wants playoffs and with this team we will easily do it if we can get healthy.

Hawkeye15
11-13-2012, 03:46 AM
why are you engaging Mr LA?

blazerman
11-13-2012, 03:51 AM
Gasol for...who?

another player with a bad contract

silvTeg98
11-13-2012, 04:02 AM
gasol for jsmoove

Hellcrooner
11-13-2012, 04:04 AM
lol.

If Love wants to be a "beach boy" he WILL.

But not in a trade for pau

it will be when his contract expires, cause apparently L.a WILL have the capspace.

blazerman

For who Gasol, please!

I doubt they'd trade him for Kobe because he is getting old. They'd want Howard and that would never happen because Howard would split Minni faster than you could blink.

shep33
gasol for jsmoove

I'd be for this if Josh didn't shoot jump shots ever.

Hellcrooner
11-13-2012, 04:11 AM
I'd be for this if Josh didn't shoot jump shots ever.

them wahts the point for trading, i mean supposedly the thing is getting a better dude for jumshots to spread the floor.

Anyway the " no one saw this coming" trade woudl be pau for dirk, if dirk says he wants to play in lakers.

i personally , if he has to be traded see him going to Knicks, Bulls, Grizz,Warrirors in that order.

Stou, Boozer, Zach , Lee fill the Bill for Mr Pringles system.

5ass
11-13-2012, 04:19 AM
best trade would've been David West and Danny Granger for Pau and Metta. That would've been the perfect trade if Granger wasnt injured.
Bulls could give up Boozer and Deng for Pau and Metta.
A trade of Pau for Jsmoove and Lou Williams is good as well.

PocketKings
11-13-2012, 04:30 AM
pau for (insert really bad package of players from your favorite team here)

lol.

Usually when you say "PLEASE TAKE so-and-so", it means that you won't be getting an all-star caliber player like Pau back. Just a thought...

This.

Gasol for Anderson and Rivers? Austin on the Lakers would be a good storyline too

I'd love this, but NO is highly unlikely to part with Rivers for an aging Pau. Although Pau/Davis would be intriguing to see.
Help in Davis's offensive development.

I'd love to have Barnes and see how he can continue to develop but I have 0 faith that this would even be considered by GS to part with Barnes.

I'm beginning to like this idea.

Back to the OP's question. Don't see it unless we're struggling or aren't looking like we'll get over the hump, I can definitely see it.

For who? Teams that could be interested:

Toronto
Chicago
Knicks (unlikely)
Houston (with Lin + Harden + Asik... look out)

Probably a few more

My true outlook is this, don't consider anything until you see what this unit can do in the system D'Antoni applies.

A lot of people are saying D'Antoni's 7 second or less approach will be the case here, but I think he's going to alter that mentality and adjust it to the personnel here.

An older Nash/Kobe, Pau, and a still healing Dwight.

It sucks that the Lakers only real viable/realistic trade chip is Pau.

best trade would've been David West and Danny Granger for Pau and Metta. That would've been the perfect trade if Granger wasnt injured.
Bulls could give up Boozer and Deng for Pau and Metta.

That IND trade would've been very nice.

Davidgta1
11-13-2012, 08:23 AM
If Pau Gets traded ill be heart broken lol but i seen mike say he's interested in seeing what he can do with the Nash Pau pick an roll.

Aust
11-13-2012, 09:04 AM

Lakers would make out like bandits in that trade

ewing
11-13-2012, 09:45 AM
Gasol will fit fine with Mike. He is highly intelligent on the court, makes quick decisions, and is an excellent passer.

The guy who will have big problems with Dantoni is Meta

sp1derm00
11-13-2012, 01:24 PM
What I think might work out well for both teams is Pau and Metta for David Lee and Richard Jefferson.

Lakers get to dump a little salary while getting two players better suited to Nash and a run and gun style of play. GSW get Pau, who would be their best player by a wide margin. He would work well with the amount of shooters they have, plus Bogut.

ewing
11-13-2012, 01:36 PM
You people are mental. You don't need to shoot the 3 to play for Dantoni. You do need to be able to pass and make quick decisions. Gasol will love Dantoni. Meta will a have problems

Lake_Show2416
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
lol.

If Love wants to be a "beach boy" he WILL.

But not in a trade for pau

it will be when his contract expires, cause apparently L.a WILL have the capspace.

Bingo! summer of 2014 or if Love starts to complain it'll be a few months earlier

xxplayerxx23
11-13-2012, 04:48 PM
:laugh: nice so now we have to here Love-Irving-Dwight in 2014 again :sigh:

J4KOP99
11-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Someone else said it and I will have to say it again... Gasol will be fine. Artest will struggle.

JEDean89
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
yall lakers need gasol, your gonna need all the defense you can get.

Lake_Show2416
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
:laugh: nice so now we have to here Love-Irving-Dwight in 2014 again :sigh:

dont forget Lebron can opt out as well in that same summer :laugh2:

C_Mund
11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
I don't know how many other Raps fans would be on board with this, but I'd do Bargs and Ross for Pau.

AntiG
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
Gasol to the Knicks for Amare would probably work. D'Antoni gets a guy that excelled in his system, Knicks get an upgrade in the post.

koreancabbage
11-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Gasol to the Knicks for Amare would probably work. D'Antoni gets a guy that excelled in his system, Knicks get an upgrade in the post.

Nash and Amare reunited again.

with Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant. :speechless:

shep33
11-13-2012, 05:42 PM
People think that we'll play like the Suns. We'll run occasionally but everything will be p&r base. Leave Pau. If he struggles we can reevaluate later. We're 7 games in.

HowFit
11-13-2012, 07:26 PM

You crazy? No way in h*ll the Hawks would do this, nonetheless Josh Smith alone...

xxplayerxx23
11-13-2012, 07:30 PM
dont forget Lebron can opt out as well in that same summer :laugh2:

Lebron-Love-Dwight :drool: :laugh2:

Cracka2HI!
11-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Someone else said it and I will have to say it again... Gasol will be fine. Artest will struggle.

I agree with this. I think Artest fits OK off the bench for D'Antoni, but they need a lights out shooter in that starting lineup. Not that Kobe and Nash aren't, you just need someone who's main role is to stretch the floor to the 3 point line and beyond for that offense to be at it's best. The 2 post players can possibly make that offense even better, but Artest's spacing may really hinder it. I think the Lakers might be better off strating Kapono who I think is out of the league than Artest.

jmoney85
11-14-2012, 01:22 AM
I like I said.... Mirza Teletovic just sits on the bench for the nets and has a lethal shot... maybe the lakers can work a trade with the nets

rhymeratic
11-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Paul for Amare is a very real possibility later on depending on how both teams play. One guy who the be gone for sure is Jordan Hill.

Cracka2HI!
11-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Pau for J-Smoove makes a ton of sense...if Smoove was the shooter he can be. I think Pau is probably a better shooter so that kinda defeats the purpose. Smoove and Artest wouldn't stretch the floor at all for Kobe and Nash. There would be no lanes.

Cracka2HI!
11-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Paul for Amare is a very real possibility later on depending on how both teams play. One guy who the be gone for sure is Jordan Hill.

I think Hill will do fine, but they have to get a stretch 4 sitting on the bench next to him. I think Jamison would be great in that role.

jchase3
11-14-2012, 01:51 AM
He should be after he just clanked a game-winning 3 :facepalm:

jchase3
11-14-2012, 01:55 AM
All kidding aside... I think Pau will be fine in this system. It isn't going to be as run-and-gun as it was in PHX for obvious reasons. If Pau can hit the mid-range jumper consistently and rebound we will be fine.

kyubi256
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM
He might be traded after that game. Kobe is definitely DEFINITELY not happy with Pau. I think he'd work well for the D'Antoni system and he is a great piece for the Knicks. But clearly Kobe doesn't want him there. So I think he eventually will not be there.

jchase3
11-14-2012, 02:07 AM
For the right player I'd be all for it but realistically who could we even trade him for?

SirSkyHook
11-14-2012, 02:14 AM
He might be traded after that game. Kobe is definitely DEFINITELY not happy with Pau. I think he'd work well for the D'Antoni system and he is a great piece for the Knicks. But clearly Kobe doesn't want him there. So I think he eventually will not be there.

Lol where did you get this from? Did you not see how they played off each other all night. Go somewhere with that crap lol

TheSource
11-14-2012, 02:19 AM
Pau Gasol is not being traded.

Rndy
11-14-2012, 02:21 AM
I heard Mike D talking one time saying he wishes he could have a PF who yells a lot and Mike I know just the player you need! GIMMIE DAT JO.

kyubi256
11-14-2012, 02:58 AM
Lol where did you get this from? Did you not see how they played off each other all night. Go somewhere with that crap lol

Did you also see Kobe in the end of the game? Glaring at Pau Gasol and giving him an earful. I saw them play off each other and I saw Kobe give him a high five when he made a good basket. But I also saw a VERY frustrated Kobe in the end glare at Paul and give him an earful.

And I saw a VERY frustrated Kobe call out Pau in the playoffs last year. And the Lakers almost dealt Pau for Chris Paul already. I don't really see how he stays the entire year.

Avenged
11-14-2012, 03:42 AM
Pau isn't being traded unless we manage to get a perimeter shooting PF.. But Pau is hard to trade at his age regardless. Pau is too valuable for the Lakers to trade for a downgrade, but his age will not allow him to be traded for a good PF. At this point, D'Antoni needs to find a way to get Pau in the post, or Pau needs to practice heavily on that perimeter shot he has suddenly fallen in love with.

GREATNESS ONE
11-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Heavily need to practice that deep 3 in the pocket

Sssmush
11-14-2012, 05:20 AM
wow, did Kobe give Pau "The Stare" tonight after the Spurs game?

Sssmush
11-14-2012, 05:39 AM
Did you also see Kobe in the end of the game? Glaring at Pau Gasol and giving him an earful. I saw them play off each other and I saw Kobe give him a high five when he made a good basket. But I also saw a VERY frustrated Kobe in the end glare at Paul and give him an earful.

And I saw a VERY frustrated Kobe call out Pau in the playoffs last year. And the Lakers almost dealt Pau for Chris Paul already. I don't really see how he stays the entire year.

yeah, the playoff meltdown last year by Pau was brutal. It seemed like everything was forgotten with Pau having a great Olympics and the addition of Dwight and Nash, but tonight seemed to bring it all rushing back...

Pau is still a super valuable player, whether the Lakers keep him or trade him, but seeing that there is no way really to keep him beyond this season and next season, and seeing that the team is in a bit of turmoil right now and is undergoing a coaching and system change... this might be the optimal time to do a Pau trade.

there is a great case to be made for keeping Pau, though; and under Dantoni Pau might elevate his game and get back in the groove again. Pau is still a fantastic talent and could potentially be the X factor that makes the Lakers unstoppable against a Miami type of team.

I mean if you could put together a Pau + Blake for Rudy Gay + Conley type of deal... it might be attractive to Memphis to pair the Gasols together.

Or like a Batum from Portland in some kind of 3-way Pau deal with Houston or something, or some kind of weird deal where we get Gerald Wallace and Glenn Davis or something like that. I guess we shouldn't do the deal unless we get a legit all star but maybe what they need is solid role player pieces...