PDA

View Full Version : what do u expect the lakers to be with mr pringles as coach?

dc5jdm
11-12-2012, 11:24 AM
Ok so Mr Pringles is coach of this star studded Lakers squad. we know about his high power offense we know about his lack or below average defense. But none of his past teams have had this level of talent. Honestly what are u expecting to see from LA now?

He115ing
11-12-2012, 11:25 AM
I expect more death looks from Bryant and Howard to walk at the end of the season.
Dantoni sucks.

Bullsfan22
11-12-2012, 11:32 AM
I don't know I'm going back fourth on if the best defensive player can mask the the least defensive minded coach in the game.

cbs9889
11-12-2012, 11:34 AM
78-4 lol better plays and the D will be fine MWP and D12 won't lose their skills and pau and kobe are ok defenders

ComputerGuy
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Never liked DeeAnnTony with Suns or Knicks. He was a loser at both places. Now he will be a loser with the Lakers.

Lakers need new blood not just a transfusion of old bad blood.

KnicksorBust
11-12-2012, 11:37 AM
There's already a Mike D thread. This should be merged. You didn't need to create another one.

torocan
11-12-2012, 11:38 AM
They're a playoff contender.

They'll get deep into the playoffs. Whether they win is harder to say since we haven't seen them with the D'Antoni and this lineup.

Don't know if they're the favorite, but they're in the mix.

Dade County
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
The same-thing that I expected from the last coach, they are making it to the WCF or the Finals, (but not winning it)

The league is rigged, so the out come was always going to be the same... Just Mike Brown tried his best to derail that outcome, & the refs/mobsters/league can only do so much, you still need talent and an above average team to pull this off.

NBA = Entertainment

JesusNYY_Savior
11-12-2012, 11:51 AM
The same-thing that I expected from the last coach, they are making it to the WCF or the Finals, (but not winning it)

The league is rigged, so the out come was always going to be the same... Just Mike Brown tried his best to derail that outcome, & the refs/mobsters/league can only do so much, you still need talent and an above average team to pull this off.

NBA = Entertainment
NBA is on the same level as the WWE or whatever it's called now

Philapsychosis
11-12-2012, 11:54 AM

NBA = Entertainment

Haha woah, what an idiot.

D'antoni can run a hell of an offense, and the Lakers have some great guys on the defensive end. Still a team that I think is a bit overrated, not much of an improvement from last year, with a piss poor bench. Playoff team but someone still may come around on a hot streak and bring them down

dc5jdm
11-12-2012, 12:00 PM
There's already a Mike D thread. This should be merged. You didn't need to create another one.

This one is for expectations :)

king4day
11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
If Kobe let's Coach D run the system he wants, they will be a killer offensive team. Nash controls the ball and only relinquishes it when he feels the need. Kobe becomes a shooter or scorer depending on the situation.

Howard's lack of shooting will hurt in Pick and Roll attempts though. Makes it too predictable.

tredigs
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't know I'm going back fourth on if the best defensive player can mask the the least defensive minded coach in the game.

And the fact that the majority of the rest of the team is a below average defender at their position at this point; including Kobe and Artest. It also takes time not only for all these different players to gel, but now for the coach to instill his offense and get it firing on all cylinders. Trying to do this all with little practice time two weeks into the season will be entertaining. Almost worth a league pass subscription on its own.

If Kobe let's Coach D run the system he wants, they will be a killer offensive team. Nash controls the ball and only relinquishes it when he feels the need. Kobe becomes a shooter or scorer depending on the situation.

Howard's lack of shooting will hurt in Pick and Roll attempts though. Makes it too predictable.

They'd be far better off running the pick and roll with Pau. Don't see how it could work with Howard.

whitemamba33
11-12-2012, 12:25 PM
People act like this is automatically going to transform this team into the Suns from a few years back.

Yes the Suns were terrible defensively...but they also had terrible defenders and they were small. The Lakers have two former defensive players of the year, and two 7 footers in the frontcourt. All of a sudden you think our players are just going to forget everything they know?

One thing that is very clear from the Laker's games so far is that they need to utilize their pieces. Steve Nash in strictly a halfcourt offense? Might as well bring back Smush for that. Dwight Howard strictly post up offense? Might as well have kept Bynum for that. Gasol taking shots from one step inside the three point line? I'd rather nobody be taking that shot to be honest. Steve needs to be out there running and finding the open man. Howard needs to get lobs, and needs to pin his man under the basket for easy hoops. Gasol needs to work the pick and rolls and make cuts to the basket.

It's going to be fun to watch this team. As much as I love Phil, it would have taken way too long to get the triangle going again (our bench probably would have never caught on). This team is now winning games by keeping things simple, so let's continue.

whitemamba33
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
And the fact that the majority of the rest of the team is a below average defender at their position at this point; including Kobe and Artest. It also takes time not only for all these different players to gel, but now for the coach to instill his offense and get it firing on all cylinders. Trying to do this all with little practice time two weeks into the season will be entertaining. Almost worth a league pass subscription on its own.

They'd be far better off running the pick and roll with Pau. Don't see how it could work with Howard.

Define "average defender".

mjt20mik
11-12-2012, 12:28 PM
Kobe Artest and Howard are above average / elite defenders. I don't think he will run the team in the ground. I see this team being as exciting as the old "showtime" lakers.