PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins suspended 2 games

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 07:58 PM
For off court altercation with Sean Elliott after Spurs game.

Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Kings’ DeMarcus Cousins suspended 2 games without pay for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliot in a hostile manner after game Friday.

“That's why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you're dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn't like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he's going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I'm not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don't start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He's going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

When informed of Elliott's comments after the game, Cousins basically called the Spurs' broadcaster immature and later went to the court to confront him about said comments.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20939193/nba-will-review-the-exchange-between-demarcus-cousins-and-sean-elliott

Iron24th
11-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Good news llullz

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2012, 08:00 PM
:laugh2:

Deception
11-11-2012, 08:02 PM
The Kings fans probably think this makes their players badass and are happy with Cousins' attitude.

Gram
11-11-2012, 08:02 PM
:laugh:

sacgiants1213
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
First T-Rob and now Cousins. Is Keith Smart already losing control of this team?

rocket
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah but the announcer was flopping so who cares?

YouCan'tBeatLA
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Cousins shouldn't be suspended. Spurs announcers are ****ing annoying homers.

Gram
11-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Yeah but the announcer was flopping so who cares?

Exactly.

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Cousins shouldn't be suspended. Spurs announcers are ****ing annoying homers.

While I agree Sean Elliott is a homer (I mean it's not like he played for that franchise and won a title right. No different than Clyde in Houston for example who's also pretty bad) Maybe you didn't read what happened?

Sean Elliott went off on him during the game, someone told Cousins, Cousins approached Elliott long after the game was over and got into what was described as an "Animated argument". He shouldn't be suspended for that?

KingPosey
11-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Suspended for a verbal exchange between two grown men after the game? Sounds like its overboard. Did Elliot go tattle or something?

Swashcuff
11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
I wonder what the Kings fan who always defend him and say he isn't a headcase has to say

Sactown
11-11-2012, 08:14 PM
While I agree Sean Elliott is a homer (I mean it's not like he played for that franchise and won a title right. No different than Clyde in Houston for example who's also pretty bad) Maybe you didn't read what happened?

Sean Elliott went off on him during the game, someone told Cousins, Cousins approached Elliott long after the game was over and got into what was described as an "Animated argument". He shouldn't be suspended for that?

Not really? If it were any other player it wouldn't be an issue

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 08:15 PM
It says he went at him in a hostile manner... take that for what its worth, my guess is he had to be restrained

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 08:16 PM

Other players don't let what commentators say about them get them so riled up that they go after them after the games been done, and you already had your post game interview

popo85
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
Cousins probably tried to fight him but just guessing for such a high penalty.

leprechaun5
11-11-2012, 08:17 PM
he first calls elliot immature and then does that ! :clap:

Sactown
11-11-2012, 08:22 PM
Deserved a fine not a suspension

Gram
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM

Elliott flopped, calm down. ;)

ldawg
11-11-2012, 08:42 PM
This low class idiot will never get it.

KnicksorBust
11-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Three points that I completely believe in:

1. He shouldn't have gone back to talk to Elliot.
2. He shouldn't have been suspended.
3. He's still got huge potential and I'm starting to doubt if he can reach it in Sacto.

Kings Faithful
11-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Three points that I completely believe in:

1. He shouldn't have gone back to talk to Elliot.
2. He shouldn't have been suspended.
3. He's still got huge potential and I'm starting to doubt if he can reach it in Sacto.

You act like he isn't realizing his potential here... sure he gets in trouble once in a while but he's grown into one of the best centers in the NBA in Sacramento, believe or not. He shouldn't have let it bother him, but he shouldn't be suspended either. 2 games is a joke.

Gritz
11-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Straight gangsta. Say it wit yo chest.

Gritz
11-11-2012, 08:49 PM
This low class idiot will never get it.

Who cares about class? We're talking about a basketball player not a Mercedes.

Sactown
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Elliott flopped, calm down. ;)

Still crying about Jerekbo?? get over it.. it was an elbow thrown by a rookie.. He'll learn and move on..

topdog
11-11-2012, 08:54 PM
First T-Rob and now Cousins. Is Keith Smart already losing control of this team?

That's the issue with that team no matter who's coaching it though - talented guys with bad/"me first" attitudes.

A couple other points with regard to the commentator/fine:

1. What commentator isn't homerish? The Nets announcers think everyone on that team is top 5 at their position.

2. If you want to talk about something someone said that you think is stupid, save it for reporters/press conferences.

3. I'm sure Cousins deserved the suspension.You don't get 2 games no pay for nothing.

ManRam
11-11-2012, 08:56 PM
While we aren't certain exactly what all went down, my initial thoughts are that this is ridiculous.

If you have HORRENDOUS announcers like Sean Elliot allowed to just spew **** about players unfettered, and the players can't do anything about it...well, that's stupid. This all is assuming that Cousins wasn't trying to fight him or anything. But he should have EVERY right to go up to an announcer and talk to him.

Announcers can say whatever they want about whoever they want...why can't a player confront it?

A player should have every right to approach a hack of an announcer so long as it's just to talk. As long as it's not abusive, what is wrong with questioning a media member's reporting in person? Announcers should be held accountable.

No one else gets suspended for this besides Boogie.

And again, this is all assuming that Cousins didn't run up to Elliot saying "**** you I'm gonna kill you" or anything like that.

heyman321
11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I bet Cousins threatened to eat his kids or something like "YEAH YOU BETTA SLEEP WITH ONE EYE OPEN".

ldawg
You can take the player out the hood but you can take the hood out the player.

Sactown
That's the issue with that team no matter who's coaching it though - talented guys with bad/"me first" attitudes.

1. What commentator isn't homerish? The Nets announcers think everyone on that team is top 5 at their position.

2. If you want to talk about something someone said that you think is stupid, save it for reporters/press conferences.

3. I'm sure Cousins deserved the suspension.You don't get 2 games no pay for nothing.

T-rob through an elbow out of frustration and honestly made a rookie mistake.. it's not like he's constantly talking **** and throwing elbows in college...

2. there's a difference from being a homer and what Sam Elliot was doing, DeMarcus shouldn't of responded, but he did, but it shouldn't of been a suspension but a fine.

3. Like I said, should of been a fine.

Ebbs
11-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Lol Jason Thompson woot

The_Jamal
11-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Incredibly stupid suspension. Announcers are no longer held accountable for the crap they spew?

Still, Cousins needs to realize that the NBA will severely penalize him for any little thing he does. He's held to a different standard on and off the court from the NBA and he can't some homer announcer's comment bother him.

Six-8-TheWizard
11-11-2012, 09:00 PM
2 For 2

ManRam
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Also, I don't actually care about this much, I just feel like pretending I do.

It is stupid though.

KnicksorBust
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM
You act like he isn't realizing his potential here... sure he gets in trouble once in a while but he's grown into one of the best centers in the NBA in Sacramento, believe or not. He shouldn't have let it bother him, but he shouldn't be suspended either. 2 games is a joke.

:laugh: He's regressing. He was better last season than this season and he should be progressing toward being a top 3-5 center in the NBA by now. Currently he's not and if you think he is you are oversupporting your franchise.

While we aren't certain exactly what all went down, my initial thoughts are that this is ridiculous.

If you have HORRENDOUS announcers like Sean Elliot allowed to just spew **** about players unfettered, and the players can't do anything about it...well, that's stupid. This all is assuming that Cousins wasn't trying to fight him or anything. But he should have EVERY right to go up to an announcer and talk to him.

Announcers can say whatever they want about whoever they want...why can't a player confront it?

A player should have every right to approach a hack of an announcer so long as it's just to talk. As long as it's not abusive, what is wrong with questioning a media member's reporting in person? Announcers should be held accountable.

And again, this is all assuming that Cousins didn't run up to Elliot saying "**** you I'm gonna kill you" or anything like that.

:laugh: Be serious. I'm not making millions of dollars and I can take more abuse than these guys without getting unfettered. They way they fly off the handle is a joke. There's no reason for him to even confront Elliot in the first place.

KnicksorBust
11-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Incredibly stupid suspension. Announcers are no longer held accountable for the crap they spew?

Still, Cousins needs to realize that the NBA will severely penalize him for any little thing he does. He's held to a different standard on and off the court from the NBA and he can't some homer announcer's comment bother him.

No no no. You can't blame Elliot for Cousin's reaction. The only way you can bash Elliot is if Cousins had ignored him and stayed in the locker room. Then you can say "Elliott is such a homer and needs to worry about commentating the games rather than attacking players." DeMarcus Cousins absolved him of that blame by overreacting and acting like an immature oversensitive baby.

NYKNYGNYY
11-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Will he ever learn ...smhhhhh

ManRam
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
:laugh: Be serious. I'm not making millions of dollars and I can take more abuse than these guys without getting unfettered. They way they fly off the handle is a joke. There's no reason for him to even confront Elliot in the first place.

Who cares? If you are going to sit behind a microphone in front of thousands and thousands of viewers nightly, and you are the hack that Sean Elliot is, players should have every right to just go up to them and talk. I don't care how much money he has...why can't he go and talk to the guy? Sure, it's cool not to care, and he probably shouldn't, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have the right to do that.

I think it takes a bigger man to walk up to the guy and talk to him than just start spewing off to the media.

And again, this is assuming that Boogie wasn't being abusive.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 09:07 PM
T-rob through an elbow out of frustration and honestly made a rookie mistake.. it's not like he's constantly talking **** and throwing elbows in college...

2. there's a difference from being a homer and what Sam Elliot was doing, DeMarcus shouldn't of responded, but he did, but it shouldn't of been a suspension but a fine.

3. Like I said, should of been a fine.Its a suspension if he waited, depend on what was said and if he was trying to fight. But if it was just an argument then a fine. But you cant have this kind of behavior. These dude need to leave that in the hood the rest of the world dont operate that way. What Sean said was not that bad he over react.

Gram
11-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Still crying about Jerekbo?? get over it.. it was an elbow thrown by a rookie.. He'll learn and move on..

LOLLLLLLL crying? I put a wink emoticon! Where do you get crying from that? Lolllllll. :laugh:

Elaborate. :laugh:

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 09:36 PM

I dont think what Elliott was disrespectful though do you? :confused: Look at what Sean said what about it was disrespectful? It was more of something us fans would say?

Like I said earlier they said Cousins approached him in a "Hostile Manner". I doubt he went up to him saying why'd you say that about me, that's not true. Dude is nuts on the court with some of his antics, what do you think he would say or do with cameras not on him? Let's be honest there are a lot of homer announcers who are announcing for a team they are obviously rooting for and sometimes get caught in the moment.

But at the same time, as an athlete you can't do stuff like that, I can't see any argument justifying it. What if a fan behind the bench had been saying stuff like that all night? Doesn't give Cousins or anyone the right to approach them in a hostile manner.

I think who he is, is a contributor to the suspension. If it was a first time offender, probably not. But him? Or a guy like MWP who has a bad reputation, most definitely.

KnicksorBust
11-11-2012, 09:38 PM
Who cares? If you are going to sit behind a microphone in front of thousands and thousands of viewers nightly, and you are the hack that Sean Elliot is, players should have every right to just go up to them and talk. I don't care how much money he has...why can't he go and talk to the guy? Sure, it's cool not to care, and he probably shouldn't, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have the right to do that.

I think it takes a bigger man to walk up to the guy and talk to him than just start spewing off to the media.

And again, this is assuming that Boogie wasn't being abusive.

1. OBVIOUSLY he was being abusive or he wouldn't have gotten a 2 game suspension. Do you honestly believe he was like:

"Good Evening Sean. Pleasure to make your acquitance. My name is DeMarcus "Boogie" Cousins. I have to quibble with a couple of your anecdotal quotes from today's basketball contest."

No.

2. WHY EVEN APPROACH HIM? I can't see any rationale reason for a basketball player leaving the locker room to approach a commentator after a game.

3. He has a history of inappropriate conduct. He should be on a leash more than the regular player.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 09:46 PM
I dont think what Elliott was disrespectful though do you? :confused: Look at what Sean said what about it was disrespectful? It was more of something us fans would say?

Like I said earlier they said Cousins approached him in a "Hostile Manner". I doubt he went up to him saying why'd you say that about me, that's not true. Dude is nuts on the court with some of his antics, what do you think he would say or do with cameras not on him? Let's be honest there are a lot of homer announcers who are announcing for a team they are obviously rooting for and sometimes get caught in the moment.

But at the same time, as an athlete you can't do stuff like that, I can't see any argument justifying it. What if a fan behind the bench had been saying stuff like that all night? Doesn't give Cousins or anyone the right to approach them in a hostile manner.

I think who he is, is a contributor to the suspension. If it was a first time offender, probably not. But him? Or a guy like MWP who has a bad reputation, most definitely.I did not see anything wrong with what he said. But if you dont have all the screws i guess you can take it to hart. This guy must have grew up in the middle of the war in Iraq or something. He is a walking time bomb. He may not be stable enough to walk around civil folks.

tapajafri
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow.

tapajafri
11-11-2012, 09:48 PM
This is pathetic by the NBA. This does not deserve a 2 game suspension.

tapajafri
11-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Cousins must have said the most vicious "yo momma" joke in history.

This is just another pathetic example of what the NBA has come to. This suspension is an absolute joke. Really? A "hostile" exchange? Did Cousins bully him and take his lunch money? This isn't even about Elliot, this is about the NBA and their little judicial system. I'm sure deep down, Elliot is laughing at the NBA's decision and would agree Cousins shouldn't suspended.

Bryant called a ref a ***. Where's the 2 game suspension? These people are grown men. Thomas Robinson got suspended 2 games for elbowing the guy in the throat, which was the right punishment. Cheap shotting a guy in the throat is way worse than getting in a little "hostile" exchange....yet, they result in the same penalty? What a disgrace.

Sactown
11-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Cousins must have said the most vicious "yo momma" joke in history.

This is just another pathetic example of what the NBA has come to. This suspension is an absolute joke. Really? A "hostile" exchange? Did Cousins bully him and take his lunch money? This isn't even about Elliot, this is about the NBA and their little judicial system. I'm sure deep down, Elliot is laughing at the NBA's decision and would agree Cousins shouldn't suspended.

Bryant called a ref a ***. Where's the 2 game suspension? These people are grown men. Thomas Robinson got suspended 2 games for elbowing the guy in the throat, which was the right punishment. Cheap shotting a guy in the throat is way worse than getting in a little "hostile" exchange....yet, they result in the same penalty? What a disgrace.
This exactly

Mr.Nate30
11-11-2012, 09:52 PM

didnt know DMF was the nets announcer

ldawg
11-11-2012, 09:53 PM
This is pathetic by the NBA. This does not deserve a 2 game suspension.This is not preschool this is a grown a figure of a man with a baby tantrum. He can dish out but cant take take the heat. So typical, If this was not the nba Sean may have been shot by this tool.

Chronz
11-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Overblown BS

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
I did not see anything wrong with what he said. But if you dont have all the screws i guess you can take it to hart. This guy must have grew up in the middle of the war in Iraq or something. He is a walking time bomb. He may not be stable enough to walk around civil folks.

Guess so. When Lebron was getting ripped for being a choker everyone dogged him. It comes with the territory, and Cousins is proving everyone right who calls him immature

Avenged
11-11-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh yeah, Cousins is coming around alright.. :rolleyes:

NokomisLiving
11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
I mean you are a professional, and you are expected to act like one regardless if you are just playing ball or not. It's a business with regulations and standards, I'm pretty sure DMC is fully aware by now what they are.

It's on him if he decides to act out or not. You would have to think he knew that something was going to happened to him suspension or fine or whatever. You don't just think you can aggressively go after someone after the game is over and it be alright. His fault for putting himself in that situation when he knew full and well that he wasn't going up to him to have a friendly chat, and that it had repercussions.

I'd be pissed at him more than anyone else if i were a King fan.

TRF929
11-11-2012, 10:37 PM
Cousins was being a child throughout the game and if you heard (not read) what Elliot said, he was kinda saying it in a joking manner. He was trying to be big **** on duncanand thought he was getting the best of em (that's when all the talk was being said) once Duncan got an ear of it, the camera caught Duncan smiling at the SAC team and went off on cousins, blocking his shots and dunking over top of him. That's when Elliot was jokingly talking about it.

At least that's what I got out of it when watching it

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
“I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show,” said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. “Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

“I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn’t hear what was being said.”

DMC plain and simple needs to grow up, and can't get like this over an announcers comments. Sure Sean can tone the homerism down in the heat of the moment, no doubt. But it's not like he's saying "you're trash" or disrespecting anyone with his comments. Not by any means. (Except when he calls Odom Mr. Kardashian, lol)

The guy is so gifted, it's a shame he's such a head case

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/10/nba-looking-into-elliott-incident-with-cousins/

ldawg
11-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Hes an animal i told ya an animal.

JLynn943
11-11-2012, 10:57 PM

100% this. Unless he was threatening the guy, this is ridiculous.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 11:34 PM
100% this. Unless he was threatening the guy, this is ridiculous.Key word here talk. Did he do that? This is not street ball they are not in mamas back yard hooping on a bike rim. Not everyone live by street standards. That may be normal to him and may not be a big deal but as a pro he has to learn how to carry himself a little more civil.

JLynn943
11-11-2012, 11:41 PM
Key word here talk. Did he do that? This is not street ball they are not in mamas back yard hooping on a bike rim. Not everyone live by street standards. Than may be normal to him but as a pro he has to learn how to carry himself.

I agree that he just shouldn't have done anything, but I don't think that this is at all deserving of a suspension. If this was done in a media setting, he would have been given a fine.

sacto'srealist
11-11-2012, 11:52 PM
ive never been a fan of tim duncan and sean elliot, heres what u got to understand is that cousins aint no punk and if u talk **** about him he will call you on it, my thing is tim has won rings and everything but dude is soft i dont care what anyone says. the problem with todays world is people can say what ever they want about anyone but if u react on it its your fault and your the bad guy it makes no sense. people are babied.

sacto'srealist
11-11-2012, 11:54 PM
2 game susp, is wack omg cant deal with this then we play the LA wit 2 active big men, because the nba doesnt want the fakeshow to lose its a joke

MrfadeawayJB
11-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Cousins is still too immature

ldawg
11-11-2012, 11:56 PM
I agree that he just shouldn't have done anything, but I don't think that this is at all deserving of a suspension. If this was done in a media setting, he would have been given a fine.It was done on company property dont matter. These guys get paid millions of dollars and how they conduct themselves is part of the package. You dont wait on someone to start a fight. He had more that enough time to cool off. Cousin talk alot of smack and he cant take it in return. Oh them fighting words.

topdog
11-12-2012, 12:04 AM

3. Like I said, should of been a fine.

1. Robinson hasn't been in the league long enough to be considered one type of player or another. I honestly think the Kings are talented, but their roster seems disinterested in playing hard and as a team - my opinion obviously.

2. Cousins shouldn't have even bothered to hear what a commentator said (live i.e. less of a filter). I don't know how someone can take such offense to in-game commentating (even if it may be annoying).

3. I can only assume that either A. Cousins came across absolutely the wrong way or said the wrong thing or B. Elliot made a point enough for NBA Legal to advise punishment.

topdog
11-12-2012, 12:07 AM
“That's why some humility is in order,” Elliott said on the air. “You think you're dominating Tim Duncan, you get it stuffed right back in your face. Timmy doesn't like to talk trash. But if guys start talking mess to him, he's going to respond. All that trash talking was premature. I'm not about to let these guys off the hook. Young ballclub should learn from this. Don't start talking and flapping your gums against one of the greatest players ever. He's going to make you pay. Tell me who got the best of this exchange.”

I don't get what's so incredibly offensive or distasteful about this. Nate Robinson was talking smack last night against Luke Ridnour and ended up getting a couple 3s drained on him. Guys who talk trash need to be prepared to be called out on it.

ldawg
11-12-2012, 12:08 AM
And you wonder why teams are turning to euro players?

kdspurman
11-12-2012, 12:11 AM
ive never been a fan of tim duncan and sean elliot, heres what u got to understand is that cousins aint no punk and if u talk **** about him he will call you on it, my thing is tim has won rings and everything but dude is soft i dont care what anyone says. the problem with todays world is people can say what ever they want about anyone but if u react on it its your fault and your the bad guy it makes no sense. people are babied.

Ah PSD, where Tim Duncan is now soft cause he doesn't act like a maniac if someone criticizes him :laugh2:

It's not like he graduated with honors and a degree in psychology and might find other ways to handle situations or get back at people... For example:

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ***, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real cocky; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."

-Ron Artest

The Spurs won because of Tim Duncan, a guy I could never break. I could talk trash to Patrick Ewing, get in David Robinson’s face, get a rise out of Alonzo Mourning, but when I went at Tim he’d look at me like he was bored and then say, “Hey, Shaq, watch this shot right here off the glass.”

-Shaq

NYMetros
He is really good but he needs to grow up. Absolutely unacceptable behavior from your team's best player.

Sadds The Gr8
they're both ****in stupid

kdspurman
11-12-2012, 12:12 AM
I don't get what's so incredibly offensive or distasteful about this. Nate Robinson was talking smack last night against Luke Ridnour and ended up getting a couple 3s drained on him. Guys who talk trash need to be prepared to be called out on it.

Exactly. Cousins is just a nut that's all.

blahblahyoutoo
11-12-2012, 12:17 AM
video of tim's rejection on cousins?

ldawg
11-12-2012, 12:28 AM
2 game susp, is wack omg cant deal with this then we play the LA wit 2 active big men, because the nba doesnt want the fakeshow to lose its a jokeNba did not wait on sean to fight cant blame others for your actions. Maybe Kings need to look somewhere else for a star player. Wizard drop their knuckle head.

Oefarmy2005
11-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Cousins is really immature and the Kings have a ton of young players. They need to bring in a couple of vets and everything will sort itself out.

ldawg
11-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Most of these young guys that grew up in the hood and are rough around the edges. They Need counseling someone to cool their temper so they can fit in normal society. Maybe a few vets might help too. You dont have to fight argue shoot to get your point across.

raidersrock99
11-12-2012, 01:05 AM
non violant confrontation and a supsension stern is hating

tapajafri
11-12-2012, 01:43 AM
This is not preschool this is a grown a figure of a man with a baby tantrum. He can dish out but cant take take the heat. So typical, If this was not the nba Sean may have been shot by this tool.

I don't think Cousins has even been in a fight, ever. If he has, it certainly wasn't on the court or in the locker room. Saying he's gonna shoot someone is ********. He wouldn't even fight someone. He opened his mouth, which is something most people would do, especially in the NBA. It's amazing to think how far people blow stuff out of proportion. Yes, he has a reputation for being a head case because he whines at the refs (although I can't blame him since he gets hacked left and right, but never gets the call.) But people blow this stuff out of proportion when they portray him as a bully. He's never even been in a fight and all his teammates say he's nothing but a big jokester/clown off the court. Everyone who actually knows him and associates with him off the tv camera say he's nothing but an outgoing and funny guy. Yes, maybe he shouldn't have let Elliot get under his skin, but he did something that 80% of the NBA players would've done and that's say something back to the guy thats calling him out. yes, he should've handled it differently and not let someone irrelevant like Elliot get under his skin. However, to say he was gonna "shoot" elliot or even lay a finger on him is premature. You're blowing Cousins image out of proportion in your head. This suspension is flat out stupid and that's a fact, not an opinion. How dumb does this sound? "Cousins suspended for two games for responding back to criticism of a tv analyst." That's pathetic.

topdog
11-12-2012, 01:50 AM
Cousins waited on the post-game show to end then went over and had an "animated conversation." Elliot walked away and Cousins continued to talk after him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/demarcus-cousins-got-confusing-suspension-confronting-spurs-commentator-033627383--nba.html

KB24PG16
11-12-2012, 01:50 AM
good players dont give a **** what random announcers say cousins needs to grow up

Fayzon10
11-12-2012, 02:09 AM
Why is Cousins even concerned about what an announcer says anyway?? The game is the concern not what the Spurs announcer says. I mean seriously what NBA team doesn't have homers doing the broadcast anyway?? Cousins needs to grow up and just play the game and let his game speak for itself, stop being a damn buffoon!! Rasheed Wallace 2.0

JasonJohnHorn
11-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Boradcasters evaluate the game. They themselves get animated. I think there is some real potential for problems if players start taking issues with commentators and go so far as to address them in person. The is room for a big mess.

That said, I'd need more information on what exactly happened. Were there threats? Yelling? What happened exactly? This might be an over-reaction, or it might be appropiate.

da ThRONe
11-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Boradcasters evaluate the game. They themselves get animated. I think there is some real potential for problems if players start taking issues with commentators and go so far as to address them in person. The is room for a big mess.

That said, I'd need more information on what exactly happened. Were there threats? Yelling? What happened exactly? This might be an over-reaction, or it might be appropiate.

This is exactly how I feel about it. While it was just silly for him to leave the locker room for something like that. There's too little info to form a knowledgable opinion about the punishment.