PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Believes Lakers Didn't Give Mike Brown 'Fair Shake'

JordansBulls
11-10-2012, 09:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8613746/lebron-james-says-mike-brown-get-fair-shake-los-angeles-lakers

"I think it's unfortunate," James said Friday. "I just don't think he got a fair shake, honestly. With the shortened season last year, and five games into this year, he didn't really get a full season."

"I've got a lot to say, but I'm not going to say it right now," said James. "I wish him the best, but I just think it's unfortunate and it's just, you know, how the league is. They can do what they want to do."

I think Lebron is correct on this. The Lakers essentially didn't even give him a full season.

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 09:24 PM
I agree everyone knows this is true. They will likely be better off with Phil or D'antoni but this is one of those life isn't fair moments.

seikou8
11-10-2012, 09:25 PM
he is correct but the league is about results and a round exit and a average defense and bad offensive game plan will get you fired

Avenged
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Good for him, I'm sure his bias towards his beloved former coach isn't playing a part. Is everyone's opinion about this going to receive a thread? :laugh2:

ManRam
11-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Whoa! JB said something nice about LeBron!!!!

The NBA forum is so ripe right now!

seikou8
11-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Good for him, I'm sure his bias towards his beloved former coach isn't playing a part. Is everyone's opinion about this going to receive a thread? :laugh2:

of course this is psd *****

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 09:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/8613746/lebron-james-says-mike-brown-get-fair-shake-los-angeles-lakers

I think Lebron is correct on this. The Lakers essentially didn't even give him a full season.

:speechless:

Andrew32
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Eh... can't say it was a bad move if they end up getting Phil back.

Still the Lakers main issue has been defense and I think that is more related to the poor effort and general ability of the Laker starters.

Hard to blame that all on Brown and yes I think it was unfair he got fired so quickly especially when the offense was running so good.

Still... Phil Jackson yo.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM
This after Cavs management fired Mike Brown for LeBron, and then he ends up ditching that city the week after anyways.

PraiseJesus
11-10-2012, 09:37 PM
hahha Lebron is is butt hurt that Phil Jackson has returned to dethrone him

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2012, 09:39 PM
By not giving him a full season, the Lakers improved their chances for a title. I mean the Cavs gave him how many seasons and it all ended up being failures because of him.

Bruno
11-10-2012, 09:41 PM
it wasn't fair.

but it was the correct decision. you don't sign up for a gig with the lakers because you think the course will be fair...

brown wrote his own sentence. when you have a group like the lakers have, you don't make them change their games to fit a system. you work your system around their skill set as best you can. his rotations were poor, and Kobe is already playing massive minutes. brown wasn't the right man for the job, he should never have been hired.

Jackson, Sloan and JVG would be fine with this bunch. I prefer Jackson, like everybody else- it's his job to turn down.

JordansBulls
11-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Whoa! JB said something nice about LeBron!!!!

The NBA forum is so ripe right now!

I only say positive things about Lebron when it is deserved.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2012, 09:43 PM
Get SVG in there instead of JVG.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM

:laugh2:

Over half of the things you say about Lebron are false.

Gritz
11-10-2012, 09:44 PM
Lol this quitter has some nerve

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 09:45 PM
Lol this quitter has some nerve

Lebron must have really done something bad to you.

ManRam
11-10-2012, 09:46 PM

OOOoooooohhhhhkkkkkkaaayyyy! Whatever you say!

LAKobeBryant
11-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Mike Brown had a whole season. He's suppose to be a defensive minded coach but don't see any difference. Horrible roster rotations, they are never set throughout this and last season and don't make any strategic in game adjustments

C-Style
11-10-2012, 09:47 PM
everyone knows this was the best move Lakers could have done to win a ring, even Lebron and his fan base should know this.

Cali4rnia
11-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Lebron didn't give Cav's a chance. Maybe he should STFU.

Max.This
11-10-2012, 09:49 PM
hahha Lebron is is butt hurt that Phil Jackson has returned to dethrone him

You really think that Phil Jackson is going to make Lakers a championship team? If anyone will dethrone the Heat it will be SAS.

theheatles
11-10-2012, 09:50 PM
everyone knows this was the best move Lakers could have done to win a ring, even Lebron and his fan base should know this.

Yeah it is in the best interest of the team, but the Lakers truly didn't give him a chance, he didn't even get 82 regular season games, so it's possible LeBron is right and the Lakers organization is right

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 09:50 PM
Cavs front office didn't give Cav's a chance.

Fixed.

You really think that Phil Jackson is going to make Lakers a championship team? If anyone will dethrone the Heat it will be SAS.

I agree, not even PJ will be able to fix the problems the lakers have. Both the clipper and spurs have a better chance coming out of the west imo

theheatles
11-10-2012, 09:52 PM

I agree, but only if everyone on San Antonio has good health when they meet

CavsYanksDuke
11-10-2012, 09:52 PM
The Lakers are the Yankees of basketball. They're impatient, erratic, and driven by greed.

NYMetros
11-10-2012, 09:54 PM
It was the right move, I don't think anyone can deny that. I mean would you rather have Mike ****ing Brown or Phil Jackson? That's an easy call there

TheSource
11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Unfortunately for Brown being fair isn't always the best decision for the team and their future.

He still gets like what, 10m over the next 2 years without even doing anything?

tapajafri
11-10-2012, 10:00 PM

x2

tapajafri
11-10-2012, 10:03 PM
He's right though and anyone that doesn't think Brown got a fair chance is just flatout incorrect. But like what people are saying, it's not all about what's fair and what's not in this business.

Bulls_fan90
11-10-2012, 10:06 PM

Over half of the things you say are false.

Fixed.

Munkeysuit
11-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Oh it doesn't take rocket science to know Brown's firing was way too premature, Javale McGee could have said this and I'd agree with him.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 10:17 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Lakers expected to interview coaching candidates Mike D'Antoni and Mike Dunleavy, Sr., over phone, sources told Y! Sports.

Over the phone? LMAO they went to phil's house and met face to face i know it takes time for a coach to fly in but over the phone???? why bother!!! :laugh:

JordansBulls
11-10-2012, 10:19 PM

How so? They are all true, you just don't want to admit it and want to give excuses all the time.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Lakers HATERS/Closet Laker FANS: They fired him to early BLAH BLAH BLAH

Laker FANS: THANK YOU GOD he's gone!!!!

CASE CLOSED You have been EXPOSED LMAO!!

NBAfan4life
11-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Mike brown is gonna be paid a lot of money to do nothing. I think he will be okay

championships
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Some how I doubt Bron would like Brown to coach the Heat. Although I would love to see it :D

theheatles
11-10-2012, 10:23 PM
How so? They are all true, you just don't want to admit it and want to give excuses all the time.

such a skip baylessian response...

Raps08-09 Champ
11-10-2012, 10:24 PM

:rolleyes:

Suuuurrrrreeeee. Whatever you say.

You might think what you say are facts, but too bad the reasonable person knows what you say is ********.

And we might as well end this debate now. I mean I have HCA over you regarding this issue we are discussing. So clearly you lose.

championships
11-10-2012, 10:24 PM
5 Threads about the Lakers in the PSDs top 10.

They're doing something right.

Max.This
11-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Lakers HATERS/Closet Laker FANS: They fired him to early BLAH BLAH BLAH

Laker FANS: THANK YOU GOD he's gone!!!!

CASE CLOSED You have been EXPOSED LMAO!!

Reasonable fans: Phil Jackson is a better coach but the team still needs a solid bench to be contenders

Laker Fans: OH MY GOD We got Phil Jackson, now we are going to dethrone the Miami Heat. Our bench is now going to be the number #1 bench because our players decided to miss their shots all because of the coach. Brown gone, means instant chemistry and championship.

I can play that dumbass game too. Stop being a homer.

Sssmush
11-10-2012, 10:27 PM

I've been thinking this too. Especially when I read that Magic Johnson was constantly lobbying behind the scenes with Jerry Buss to get rid of Mike Brown, playing little political games.

1. The strike shortened season last year was difficult for a coach taking over the Lakers and succeeding Phil Jackson.

2. It seems like pressure was mounted on MB during and after last season, probably by people like Magic Johnson behind the scenes constantly whispering in the ears of power that Mike Brown was screwing up and didn't know what he was doing. (let's not forget that Magic was possibly the worst coach in NBA history, and has increasingly shown a jealous "catty" streak). Magic and others also constantly trashed MB's offense in the media, even though it seemed to score a pretty good amount of points and was well balanced between Bynum and Kobe, although Pau was underwhelming.

3. Mike Brown was probably pressured into taking on Eddie Jordan and a "Princeton" offense that he didn't want.

4. It probably went like this: "we've thought about this and a lot of people think your offense underperformed. We've decided to bring in Eddie Jordan and install the princeton offense. This will help you a lot and take a lot of the strain off of you in trying to manage the offense."

5. They then bring Eddie Jordan in, and more or less put him in charge of the offense. Eddie Jordan is probably immediately jockeying to wind up as the head coach.

6. The bench is young and weak, and the team starts out ineffectual with the new offense. Steve Nash cracks a bone in his shin.

And before Mike Brown can even realize what is happening *bam* he is already fired, six games into the season, and Phil Jackson, who has probably been on the phone with Jeannie, Jerry, Mitch, etc etc every hour of every day since the moment Dwight Howard signed, is "rumored" as the probable replacement.

It will be somewhat epic to have Phil Jackson return to coach this team, but right now, this definitely does not feel like a high point for the organization. NOT one of the Lakers' better moments.

tapajafri
11-10-2012, 10:27 PM
5 Threads about the Lakers in the PSDs top 10.

They're doing something right.

no, the forum is getting flooded up by dumb laker fans posting irrelevant crap about the team like what Lamarcus Aldridge says about the firing.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 10:28 PM
Reasonable fans: Phil Jackson is a better coach but the team still needs a solid bench to be contenders

Laker Fans: OH MY GOD We got Phil Jackson, now we are going to dethrone the Miami Heat. Our bench is now going to be the number #1 bench because our players decided to miss their shots all because of the coach. Brown gone, means instant chemistry and championship.

:laugh:

So much win here.

mvb815
11-10-2012, 10:40 PM
lakers are going to dominate, they have the perfect team everywhere except the coaching spot, this was the only chance they had to fire their coach without speculation.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 10:43 PM
lakers are going to dominate, they have the perfect team everywhere except the coaching spot, this was the only chance they had to fire their coach without speculation.

there SF position is very weak, there bench is horrible, there core players are old(aside from dwight) and health will determine just how far they can get in the playoffs.

Perfect team everywhere? pass me whatever your smoking.

RaiderLakersA's
11-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Mike Brown should have never been given the job. He wasn't even a serious candidate until he wooed Buss with his defensive-oriented presentation. Buss leaped at him, primarily because there wasn't anyone else out there. It was a reach. Everyone knew it. Now there are several worthy candidates available and the Lakers plan to bring one of them in, whether it's Jackson or D'Antoni.

For those of you crying for Brown, answer honestly, which one of you would swap out your current head coach for him? Yeah, just what I thought.

He's a good guy and I wish him well, but I'm not shedding any tears over the decision. Brown will still earn more money as a fired Lakers head coach than most of us will in a lifetime. The Lakers did him a favor.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 10:47 PM

Let's see what the triangle can entail for a bench like BLake, Meeks, Jamison, Hill and Ebanks.

It did pretty well for Farmar, Shannon, Luke, Sasha, Powell and Lamar.

Lamar was like a 6th starter, so if you take Farmar/Shannon/Luke/Sasha/Powell vs Blake/Hill/Jamison/Meeks/Ebanks....at the end of the day, it's just role players.

The first 5 guys got 2 titles under Phil.

Let's be patient and see how these other 5 guys do under Phil.

mvb815
11-10-2012, 10:47 PM
there SF position is very weak, there bench is horrible, there core players are old(aside from dwight) and health will determine just how far they can get in the playoffs.

Perfect team everywhere? pass me whatever your smoking.

metta and jamison can't hold down the 3? jamison, meeks and hill off the bench is all they will need in the playoffs when they shorten the rotation.

they will make it to the finals and lose to the other perfect team

C-Style
11-10-2012, 10:55 PM
Yeah it is in the best interest of the team, but the Lakers truly didn't give him a chance, he didn't even get 82 regular season games, so it's possible LeBron is right and the Lakers organization is right

Lakers have no time to give chances, they are not in the same position as the Heat were, the players are getting old and have a good 2-3 window. Besides he showed enough as far as rotations, and minutes he was giving Nash & Kobe were outrages and the fact that he damn well knew this offense was gonna take a minute to learn and as a defensive coach he still didn't lean on defense in the meantime.

SirSkyHook
11-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Mike Brown should have never been given the job. He wasn't even a serious candidate until he wooed Buss with his defensive-oriented presentation. Buss leaped at him, primarily because there wasn't anyone else out there. It was a reach. Everyone knew it. Now there are several worthy candidates available and the Lakers plan to bring one of them in, whether it's Jackson or D'Antoni.

For those of you crying for Brown, answer honestly, which one of you would swap out your current head coach for him? Yeah, just what I thought.

He's a good guy and I wish him well, but I'm not shedding any tears over the decision. Brown will still earn more money as a fired Lakers head coach than most of us will in a lifetime. The Lakers did him a favor.

Real talk right here. Most posters and player were enjoying the Lakers struggles and are now scared Shitless of Jacksons return, and I think the same goes for some players.

Truth is the hire would be great and inspire the Lakers to play harder, and smarter, but the team still needs improve their bench.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Real talk right here. Most posters and player were enjoying the Lakers struggles and are now scared Shitless of Jacksons return, and I think the same goes for some players.

Truth is the hire would be great and inspire the Lakers to play harder, and smarter, but the team still needs improve their bench.

After seeing PJ coach that series vs dallas, im not so sure.

mvb815
11-10-2012, 11:14 PM
After seeing PJ coach that series vs dallas, im not so sure.

dude, stop being a homer for one post

if you can't recognize how great this lakers team is and would be under phil jackson then you don't know basketball period

javsvt
11-10-2012, 11:20 PM
I don't think Lebron gave Brwn a fair shake by leaving Cleveland.:D

bucketss
11-10-2012, 11:27 PM
I don't think Lebron gave Brwn a fair shake by leaving Cleveland.:D

brown was fired before lebron even made a decision.

Teeboy1487
11-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Lebron has some nerve criticizing the Lakers organization considering he quit on this same coach and left Cleveland even after Mike Brown was fired for him. Lebron may be right (I don't think he is personally), but he is as hypocritical as they come with this statement. If anyone else said this, I would not have a problem. Heck if Wade said it, I would not have a problem. I mean this is the same guy that tried to intimidate Spo. Lebron needs to learn how to STFU.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 11:30 PM
dude, stop being a homer for one post

if you can't recognize how great this lakers team is and would be under phil jackson then you don't know basketball period

You just said the lakers are a perfect team with their lack of talent at the SF position and their horrible bench. Only a mega homer would think that.

Lebron has some nerve criticizing the Lakers organization considering he quit on this same coach and left Cleveland even after Mike Brown was fired for him. Lebron may be right (I don't think he is personally), but he is as hypocritical as they come with this statement. If anyone else said this, I would not have a problem. Heck if Wade said it, I would not have a problem. I mean this is the same guy that tried to intimidate Spo. Lebron needs to learn how to STFU.

Kobe was ready to quit on the lakers in 2008 before they got pau.

javsvt
11-10-2012, 11:37 PM
brown was fired before lebron even made a decision.

Damn, thought I had him.:laugh:

Teeboy1487
11-10-2012, 11:37 PM
You just said the lakers are a perfect team with their lack of talent at the SF position and their horrible bench. Only a mega homer would think that.

Kobe was ready to quit on the lakers in 2008 before they got pau.

Yet, I don't see Kobe going around saying a coach didn't get their "fair shake". This thread has nothing to do with Kobe. Kobe technically didn't quit. He never left the Lakers. He had a no trade clause and could have been in Chicago if he wanted to. He didn't and ultimately decided to stay with the Lakers.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Honestly, who cares. Brown is gone. The Jackson era is about to restart for 2 more yrs. Brown is the past, no more, wish him the best of luck, but that's it.

Time to move forward.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 11:43 PM
Honestly, who cares. Brown is gone. The Jackson era is about to restart for 2 more yrs. Brown is the past, no more, wish him the best of luck, but that's it.

Time to move forward.

Pretty much this.

Teeboy1487
11-10-2012, 11:44 PM

Time to move forward.

I don't even wish him luck. He his getting 10 mil to sit on the couch. He's the Luke Walton of coaches.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 11:47 PM
I don't even wish him luck. He his getting 10 mil to sit on the couch. He's the Luke Walton of coaches.

Ah c'mon, he was a good dude. Corny but good. At the end of the day, he's a human being too and has a family.

lakers4sho
11-10-2012, 11:56 PM
ya'll are just mad

Teeboy1487
11-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Ah c'mon, he was a good dude. Corny but good. At the end of the day, he's a human being too and has a family.

I guess I did not look at it that way. I wish him the best.

beliges
11-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Mike Brown had the opportunity of a lifetime and he blew it. You don't get a fair shot with the Lakers. You either win or you're gone. Unfortunately for brown, he failed miserably.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Mike Brown had the opportunity of a lifetime and he blew it. You don't get a fair shot with the Lakers. You either win or you're gone. Unfortunately for brown, he failed miserably.

It's all the coaches fault, players get no blame here.

Pluvious
11-11-2012, 12:05 AM

I don't remember this guy on the Laker board. He's trolling you.

Sssmush
11-11-2012, 12:05 AM
sometimes, you have so much respect for the organization that hired you, and you want to do so well, that you try to hard too please everybody and lose some of your "edge."

Mike Brown is probably kicking himself, and if he could go back in time he would probably be a lot tougher and more direct, and really seize control of the team by its neck. But it takes crazy confidence and it is so hard on a team lilke the Lakers I'm sure.

I thought they played pretty good last year in a weird season. The new offense that was forced on him this year was really really an albatross.

politically, he was in a tough spot. If he fought back and said "no" to the Princeton offense, then immediately it would be "Mike Brown is a problem, he's clashing with the front office over the offense" and the first time he loses a game he's on the hot seat.

If he sits back and takes it, accepts weird Eddie Jordan and the princeton albatross offense, then the team just loses every game and he is instantly on the hotseat, and gets fired before he can get a chance to win a few games and turn it around.

however it worked out, it seems very clear that from the moment Dwight signed, Phil Jackson was very very VERY interested in coaching this team, and the political manipulations were started months ago inside the team to bring him back.

*yawn*. Wake me up in December.

mvb815
11-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I don't remember this guy on the Laker board. He's trolling you.

that's because i'm not a lakers fan, i'm unbiased.

there's a difference between a bad bench and a bench that is underachieving 5 games into the season. i actually think the heat are going to win the title, but it's homers like that dude that give heat fans a bad name.

the 3 also isn't a problem that can't be overshadowed by the stacks on stacks of star players that surround it, it's not even as bad as you make it seem. meta is capable on the defensive end, not everyone on your starting 5 has to be a scoring option.

beliges
11-11-2012, 12:40 AM

It's all the coaches fault, players get no blame here.

No no no. Not saying the players weren't at fault at all. But they're record including the preseason is more than enough to know their coach wasn't getting the job done. They had absolutely no execution and seemed inept on the offensive end. Ill put it this way, no coach could've done a worse job than brown did with this team.

Plus no matter who you're coach is, if you have a chance at getting P Jax you do it.

Money_23
11-11-2012, 12:48 AM

Opinions can't be false.

CavsYanksDuke
11-11-2012, 12:51 AM

Time to move forward.

I personally care because this sort of thing doesn't happen without race coming into question. The man didn't even get to 70 games without the team axing him. Sorry if Pau was a little ***** last year, but that's not Brown's fault. Sure, his offense wasn't running great, but when you don't give a black head coach a fair shot and then hand the reigns over to a white coach, that raises eyebrows. Race is a factor in all of this.

naps
11-11-2012, 12:55 AM

Dude Brown had to go we all get it but you give him only 5 games with a whole new team that includes two major stars in the starting lineups for the first time? Not to mention they were trying a new offense as well. You seriously call that fair?

naps
11-11-2012, 12:56 AM
I think Lebron is correct on this.

But he played with someone who already won as the man. And he lost with HCA.

naps
11-11-2012, 12:59 AM
This after Cavs management fired Mike Brown for LeBron.

LeBron absolutely had nothing to do with Brown getting fired. And nobody can question Brown's departure from Cleveland. He was given 5 years before getting fired. Let's not act like babies all the time.

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:01 AM
Just part of the business

justinnum1
11-11-2012, 01:04 AM
I personally care because this sort of thing doesn't happen without race coming into question. The man didn't even get to 70 games without the team axing him. Sorry if Pau was a little ***** last year, but that's not Brown's fault. Sure, his offense wasn't running great, but when you don't give a black head coach a fair shot and then hand the reigns over to a white coach, that raises eyebrows. Race is a factor in all of this.

I have no problem hating on the lakers, but lets be real here. This had nothing to do with race. If anything it was the buss family feeling the pressure. i dont think enough blame is being placed on the players, but you cant fire players. The fans wanted a new coach and the fans are the customers. Was it the right thing to do? time will tell, but it doesnt have anything to do with race.

Magic Johnson had no problem advocating for brown's firing and from what i read, he basically convinced the buss family to fire brown while mitch was asking to wait a few weeks.

naps
11-11-2012, 01:08 AM

LeBron is the reason why people know who Mike brown is. LeBron gave Brown 5 years and I have no doubt in my mind that Brown thanks LeBron every time he wakes up from sleep. LeBron tried with Mo Williams and Z to win which nobody in the history of the game could. So no he didn't quit. Kobe did quit though in 2007. Thanks to Stern for keeping him in LA through the Gasol gift.

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:11 AM
So does Phil win it all with that roster Lebron had in Cleveland?

justinnum1
11-11-2012, 01:13 AM

no way.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-11-2012, 01:14 AM
LeBron is the reason why people know who Mike brown is. LeBron gave Brown 5 years and I have no doubt in my mind that Brown thanks LeBron every time he wakes up from sleep. LeBron tried with Mo Williams and Z to win which nobody in the history of the game could. So no he didn't quit. Kobe did quit though in 2007. Thanks to Stern for keeping him in LA through the Gasol gift.

llullz

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:15 AM
I think brown gets a bad rap for "riding lebrons coat tails" but he did what he could with that roster

Fayzon10
11-11-2012, 01:36 AM
Getting beat 4 -1 in the second round vs OKC, then an 0-8 preseason, then a 1-4 start and he didn't get a fair shake?

John Walls Era
11-11-2012, 01:40 AM
For a guy who claims hes not the man and underrates Lebron, you sure like making threads about him.

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:44 AM
^^ I hear ya but that okc series was much closer than it appears, preseason means close to nothing, and only five games into this season. That's tough. This type of stuff only happens in LA or NY

JordansBulls
11-11-2012, 02:22 AM

Considering he was a proven coach already and had proven champions in Ben Wallace and the allstar game mvp winner the season before in Shaq who is a 3x finals mvp winner he should have.

C-Style
11-11-2012, 02:23 AM

I don't think Phil would have been able to help Bron from that horrible series.

LakersMaster24
11-11-2012, 02:24 AM

Considering he was a proven coach already and had proven champions in Ben Wallace and the allstar game mvp winner the season before in Shaq who is a 3x finals mvp winner he should have.

:facepalm:

I never knew Lebron played with a prime Shaq.

JordansBulls
11-11-2012, 02:28 AM
:facepalm:

I never knew Lebron played with a prime Shaq.

Never said prime Shaq, said proven Shaq a guy who had already won 3 finals mvp and was the allstar game mvp the season before which was more recent than Lebron himself.

Jarvo
11-11-2012, 02:28 AM

7 Got Damn Years ! Got Dammit ! :mad: lol

JordansBulls
11-11-2012, 02:30 AM

Good post. :clap:

I don't like to talk bad about Lebron but this is spot on, he quit on his franchise at 25 years old even when he had say so on all acquisitions the team made.

LakersMaster24
11-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Never said prime Shaq, said proven Shaq a guy who had already won 3 finals mvp and was the allstar game mvp the season before which was more recent than Lebron himself.

...by proven you mean way past his prime, washed up Shaq?

Since when does All Star MVP mean anything? :laugh2:

It was a Co-All Star MVP, and not only that, but the league just gave it to Shaq because it was his last All-Star game.

JordansBulls
11-11-2012, 02:36 AM
...by proven you mean way past his prime, washed up Shaq?

Since when does All Star MVP mean anything? :laugh2:

It was a Co-All Star MVP, and not only that, but the league just gave it to Shaq because it was his last All-Star game.

Allstar game mvp means the guy is still a star and not washed up which is the point here.

LakersMaster24
11-11-2012, 02:37 AM
Allstar game mvp means the guy is still a star and not washed up which is the point here.

Its a All-Star game where Shaq got 17 and 5...a game where everyone goofs around.

You know it very well that he was chosen out of respect.

JayW_1023
11-11-2012, 07:07 AM
The Lakers just get gift wrapped wins basically. I will be rooting against them with every ounce in my heart.

If Jackson becomes coach, it's the last straw.

Raidaz4Life
11-11-2012, 07:15 AM
People are really suggesting MB wasn't given a fair chance? He had a full training camp and essentially went 1-12 with arguably the most talented roster in the league. Any good coach should be able to skid by with a few more than 1 win with two top 5 players on their roster regardless of whether their system has been fully implemented or not.

Besides the Lakers are trying to woo Dwight to stay and each of these games we are throwing away by keeping Brown could essentially hurt us come playoff time. It was time to stop the bleeding.

JayW_1023
11-11-2012, 07:25 AM
The firing of Brown itself doesn't bother me. But the ease in which the Lakers seemingly get the players and personel to maintain a winning formula is just wrong. Getting Gasol for zilch, and Nash. And Howard. Getting PJ out of retirement AGAIN. It just makes zero sense. No other franchise would get away with stuff like that.

Give me a more traditional program with great scouting/drafting and unselfish culture anyday i.e. OKC or San Antonio.

Coach Spo by the way had it far worse in Miami two years ago, but they stayed with it and now it's the leagues best nucleus. Sometimes you need to give it a bit more time.

I hope this decision will bite The Lakers in the rear.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 07:55 AM
The firing of Brown itself doesn't bother me. But the ease in which the Lakers seemingly get the players and personel to maintain a winning formula is just wrong. Getting Gasol for zilch, and Nash. And Howard. Getting PJ out of retirement AGAIN. It just makes zero sense. No other franchise would get away with stuff like that.

Give me a more traditional program with great scouting/drafting and unselfish culture anyday i.e. OKC or San Antonio.

Coach Spo by the way had it far worse in Miami two years ago, but they stayed with it and now it's the leagues best nucleus. Sometimes you need to give it a bit more time.

I hope this decision will bite The Lakers in the rear.Miami was never 1-12 and dead last in the east starting 1-4. Miami just could not beat the better teams but light was ahead in the tunnel. That was not the case with Brown. I-12 with bad time management and rotations will get you fired. Brown did not have the Players respect, he lost this team early. Dude could not even get Bynum to do team huddles last season. Mike Brown was a train wreak in LA and it was getting worst by the day. Jerry had seen enough and to save the season and ease the pain they had to pull the plug now not later. If they continue to loose then you have a point. Lakers were very ugly as a team they were on pace to be a lottery team. We all wish it did not happen, i was a Brown supporter but he lost me with his rotations that changed daily. All Mike did was play his best players even out of position until they gas out, he did not tailor the offense to his players and he had very bad time management. The offense is not bad but Brown made it look bad.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Maybe someone should ask Lebron if he wants to play for Mike again. Did Lebron not lobby for Pat even when they were above .500? Its funny how a ring change things. Lebron wanted Spo head on the block the same way he wanted Brown. Lebron Mother went in on Brown I wonder where she got her info from? Things are now good so he is now Mr patient.

Raidaz4Life
11-11-2012, 09:48 AM

I hope this decision will bite The Lakers in the rear.

I agree with that first point and honestly its kind of distanced me from the Lakers this past summer. I have been rooting for the T-wolves as my 1b. team this year just because I like that they don't fall into every single star in the league and its actually fun to watch teams that are built up the traditional way.

Can't agree with the second point. Although Spo had a similiar situation in Miami, it wasn't as bad as Brown much less "far worse". The Lakers organization and fans are some of the toughest in all of sports to please next to the Yankees because they are so used to winning. A 3 game losing streak for the Lakers is front page news in LA. The job Brown was doing was unacceptable, not just because he wasn't getting wins but because the players weren't even trying.

SteBO
11-11-2012, 10:05 AM
I agree with that first point and honestly its kind of distanced me from the Lakers this past summer. I have been rooting for the T-wolves as my 1b. team this year just because I like that they don't fall into every single star in the league and its actually fun to watch teams that are built up the traditional way.

Can't agree with the second point. Although Spo had a similiar situation in Miami, it wasn't as bad as Brown much less "far worse". The Lakers organization and fans are some of the toughest in all of sports to please next to the Yankees because they are so used to winning. A 3 game losing streak for the Lakers is front page news in LA. The job Brown was doing was unacceptable, not just because he wasn't getting wins but because the players weren't even trying.
If the players truly weren't trying, then that's on THEM. I know the way of the business is "fire the coach" when all goes wrong, but at what point is a good majority of your fan base going to put a good deal of the onus on the players not performing instead of digging up excuses left and right? No doubt that Mike Brown from the start wasn't the best fit for the job in Lakerland, but I feel like you're front office completely dismissed the obvious facts that Nash has a fractured leg, Dwight isn't 100% right, and that the bench is the worst I've ever seen. None of these factors can really be fixed by a coaching change. The only reason I don't poo-poo it too much is that the chance to get Phil back isn't something you pass up.

Regardless, LBJ is 100% right here. Preseason doesn't mean anything, so to even include it in this discussion is silly. Even we were to integrate that here, let's not also dismiss that the Lakers didn't have a chance to play they're full starting lineup during that time span. If you were give Brown a true chance, you'd give him a full season with the team, then can him in the offseason should it not work out. Firing a guy after 5 game is ridiculous, no matter how you slice it.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 10:15 AM
If Lakers start winning are they still right or are they just like everyone else who is on the outside looking in? They have the most input on the matter on something that does not concern them. Its not their organization not their money. Brown is available they can hire him but Dude is still getting paid. Lebron ran away from Brown and wanted Miami do the same with spo darn hypocrite.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Hypocrites have not credibility.

quade36
11-11-2012, 10:46 AM
This thread is ridiculous. Really. 5 games, or even pre-season plus 5 games is not a long enough time period to determine if the team will not succeed under a coach who has a proven track record of winning consistently when there are star players on the team. Many of the great teams go 1-4 at some point during a season. The Heat started off 9-8 their first season and still made the NBA finals.

Sorry you can make yourselves think the Lakers did the right thing here all you want. The fact is, its not Mike Brown's fault this team is 1-4. Its management. First off, and most importantly, Nash has only played 2 of the 5 games. That is a huge piece of your puzzle missing. Not that Nash is even a good fit for the Lakers, he isn't. He is a pick and role high pace offense point guard. Many experts said he may not do well in the Lakers controlled offense. Second, is the big question. Is Kobe ready to relinquish the super star of the team job? I am sure everyone gets the impression Howard may be moonlighting with the Lakers and will jump ship to Brooklyn next year. Brooklyn really suits him better. The only way the Lakers keep him is if they make him the center piece of the team and build around him quickly as Kobe, Gasol, and Nash aren't getting any younger. Third, why didn't they do this over the summer? They are morons for not because they'll be restructuring their offense and defense within the season literally giving games away. They probably won't even be a top 4 seed due to that alone. Finally, I guarantee a team this talented should turn things around. If they don't well then see management's fault for assembling them.

Now that they are looking, I think D'Antoni would be a good fit. He stresses offense and the Lakers have a lot of scoring potential. The question is if Kobe and Gasol can continuously play in a fast pace offense like he'll run. It will also take a few months for everyone to grow accustomed to it so now you are giving up victories this season.

Just horrible horrible management decisions if you ask me.

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Who gives a fawk what LBJ thinks about LAL's coaching situation? It's not like he helped Brown keep his job in Cleveland. Why is LBJ even talking about this? He's just worried that Spo is going to be out-coached by Jackson in the finals this year ;-)

kbtwofour
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Everyone knows he sucks as a coach from his days in Cleveland.

How are you going to be a defensive coach, but your team is one of the worst defensive teams in the league? The thing people can't understand is this team showed no improvement since the first day of training camp. The team instantly showed improvement when they fired Mike Brown and got rid of the Princeton offensive and kept it simple.

We didn't have to give him a full season because this current core of players has a 2-3 year window to win a championship.

kdspurman
11-11-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm sure most folks feel that way. Quote from Pop

Mike Monroe ‏@Monroe_SA
Popovich on Brown firing: 'from outside looking in he never had a chance to put the team together; that's pretty obvious to anybody'

Shocked to hear that from Lebron tho, didn't seem like he cared that much in Cleveland

Teeboy1487
11-11-2012, 11:39 AM

Lebron did quit on Mike Brown in the 2010 Eastern conference semifinals. You could tell in his body language. Then, Lebron left as soon as he could. Where was his patience? Those teams had the best record in the league two years in a row. At least Kobe rode it out even when the Lakers were horrible. He did not leave the lakers when he could have. Also, you can't ignore Lebron's behavior with Spo when things where not so well at first in Miami. He bumped into his own coach and their were reports of him lobbying for Pat Riley. Lebron no question has a right to his opinion, but he is still a hypocrite based on his own track record.

I also think people are forgetting that this league is a business and is cut throat. Paul Westphal was fired after 7 games because he did not get it done. Mike Brown did not get it done as well. The lakers ultimately did not trust him going forward considering the lack of improvement of the team. That's why they fired him. I understand what the Lakers did even though I may have gave him a little more time.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Lebron did quit on Mike Brown in the 2010 Eastern conference semifinals. You could tell in his body language. Then, Lebron left as soon as he could. Where was his patience? Those teams had the best record in the league two years in a row. At least Kobe rode it out even when the Lakers were horrible. He did not leave the lakers when he could have. Also, you can't ignore Lebron's behavior with Spo when things where not so well at first in Miami. He bumped into his own coach and their were reports of him lobbying for Pat Riley. Lebron no question has a right to his opinion, but he is still a hypocrite based on his own track record.

I also think people are forgetting that this league is a business and is cut throat. Paul Westphal was fired after 7 games because he did not get it done. Mike Brown did not get it done as well. The lakers ultimately did not trust him going forward considering the lack of improvement of the team. That's why they fired him. I understand what the Lakers did even though I may have gave him a little more time.

The 5-6 seasons of Mike Brown wasn't enough?

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Good post. :clap:

I don't like to talk bad about Lebron but this is spot on, he quit on his franchise at 25 years old even when he had say so on all acquisitions the team made.

Wrong.

They settled for guys like Larry Hughes, JJ Hickson, Shaquille O'Neal over players like Michael Redd or Amare because they were cheaper.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2012, 12:31 PM

Shaq in 2010 played nothing like he did as a x3 time MVP. And the ASG is practically a street ball game.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Opinions can't be false.

He says they are facts when it isn't.

ne3xchamps
11-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Lebron is speaking the truth. The lakers just want phil jackson back so he can have another great team to get more chips. this is all it boils down to.

SteBO
11-11-2012, 01:09 PM
If Lakers start winning are they still right or are they just like everyone else who is on the outside looking in? They have the most input on the matter on something that does not concern them. Its not their organization not their money. Brown is available they can hire him but Dude is still getting paid. Lebron ran away from Brown and wanted Miami do the same with spo darn hypocrite.
You can keep telling youself this all you want, but it simply wasn't true. Plain and simple.

SteBO
11-11-2012, 01:14 PM

The two situations were different. There's no comparison. LeBron dealt with years of Mike Brown. Not the same; not even close.

Those Cavs teams had the best record in the league because of LeBron, not because of Brown or his support system. It speaks to just how great a player LeBron is.

Those reports of LeBron wanting Pat and lobbying for Spo to be out of a job were simply not true. I don't know why Laker fans won't come to grips with this. Just another prime of example of the foolish media wanting the stir up something that wasn't there to begin with. Not getting what's so hard to understand about this. Basic material. Calling LeBron hypocritical in this spot is invalid.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
Hypocrites have no credibility. Sorry Lebron but you should be the last person to have an input on the situation. You cant be in this jury your a repeat offender.

NYtilIdie
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM

Please, go back to the short bus. Now you see why nobody respected you as a mod.

NYtilIdie
11-11-2012, 01:42 PM

Because 5 games into the season>5-6 seasons amirite :rolleyes:

ldawg
11-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Hypocrites have no credibility. Sorry Lebron but you should be the last person to have an input on the situation. You cant be in this jury your a repeat offender.

jericho
11-11-2012, 02:27 PM
i do agree that they didnt give him a fair shot with the new roster but they shouldnt have signed him in the first place everybody knows that he is a good defencive coach and is a hard worker but has no offensive game plan at all. i was surprised when he got that gig with them with so many other options available.

Andrew32
11-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Shaq in 2010 played nothing like he did as a x3 time MVP. And the ASG is practically a street ball game.

To be fair Shaq did outplay Lebron in some playoff games in 2010.
He was obviously a shell of his former self but in limited minutes he could still get it done.

He was still a pretty good player but he couldn't really handle more then 20-25mpg without his effectiveness dropping.

Raps08-09 Champ
11-11-2012, 02:46 PM
To be fair Shaq did outplay Lebron in some playoff games in 2010.
He was obviously a shell of his former self but in limited minutes he could still get it done.

He was still a pretty good player but he couldn't really handle more then 20-25mpg without his effectiveness dropping.

There will be games where someone on the team outplays the star player. Happens all the time.

JB acts like Shaq was playing at a high level.

Cali4rnia
11-11-2012, 03:04 PM
7 Got Damn Years ! Got Dammit ! :mad: lol

lol its not about 7 years its about him talking about others when he is at fault of his own. Only Cav's owner knows how it feels. lol i can careless about what lebron thinks or anyone else thinks at the end Lakers gonna get the coach they want. Lakers did the right thing by firing him atleast they can have a new coach with a fresh season start. You don't wanna change coach in the middle of the season.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
No one cares what Lebron thinks. Hypocrites have no credibility. Sorry Lebron but you should be the last person to have an input on the situation. You cant be in this jury your a repeat offender.

theheatles
11-11-2012, 03:34 PM
No one cares what Lebron thinks. Hypocrites have no credibility. Sorry Lebron but you should be the last person to have an input on the situation. You cant be in this jury your a repeat offender.

mods, I think this is account got taken over by a bot he posted the same comment multiple times in this thread

LA_Raiders
11-11-2012, 04:09 PM
STFU Leflop. LA needs winners...

justinnum1
11-11-2012, 05:31 PM

repeat is again, twice isn't enough.

bucketss
11-11-2012, 08:45 PM

why did he only play around 20 minutes a game if was soo good?

jbeezy
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
The Lakers are the Yankees of basketball. They're impatient, erratic, and driven by greed.

Dont forget drunk with championships and success.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Lebron is fickle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5FU1ieHIT4

MetroMan
11-11-2012, 10:16 PM
Lebron is entitled to his opinion but who cares

IndiansFan337
11-11-2012, 10:21 PM

I agree too. I think Mike Brown is a very good coach, but he was set up to fail immediately when they hired him. There was a ton of backlash for them going with him over others like Brian Shaw. Guys like Magic Johnson and Phil Jackson weighed in on the hire and put it in the fans mind that this was a bad hire.

I don't feel sorry for him, because he will get paid his full contract. But he was set up to fail when the initially hired him. I think he'll take some time off now, maybe work for ESPN again for 2-3 years and then get another gig in 3-5 years. I don't expect him to rush back to a coaching gig in the next 1-2 years.

ldawg
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM
I agree too. I think Mike Brown is a very good coach, but he was set up to fail immediately when they hired him. There was a ton of backlash for them going with him over others like Brian Shaw. Guys like Magic Johnson and Phil Jackson weighed in on the hire and put it in the fans mind that this was a bad hire.

I don't feel sorry for him, because he will get paid his full contract. But he was set up to fail when the initially hired him. I think he'll take some time off now, maybe work for ESPN again for 2-3 years and then get another gig in 3-5 years. I don't expect him to rush back to a coaching gig in the next 1-2 years.Thats weak. so people who watch the games are stupid or something.

Teeboy1487
11-11-2012, 10:32 PM
The 5-6 seasons of Mike Brown wasn't enough?

2 seasons of the best record in the league and he still left. I'm saying is, Lebron is the last person that can say anything without coming off as a hypocrite. Hearing what Pop said, I can respect his opinion. When I hear Lebron, I'm like really :eyebrow:?

ldawg
11-11-2012, 10:36 PM
yep Lebron should keep his mouth zip of all people http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5FU1ieHIT4

Gritz
11-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Lebron must have really done something bad to you.

And PSD is probably paying you an hourly wage

justinnum1
11-11-2012, 10:43 PM
And PSD is probably paying you an hourly wage

Yep, lots of money, just bought this.
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt261/j335iturbo/photo2-8.jpg

Gritz
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Yep, lots of money, just bought this.
http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt261/j335iturbo/photo2-8.jpg

Doubt it. Spending all your money on vaseline, duct tape and male prostitutes.

justinnum1
11-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Doubt it. Spending all your money on vaseline, duct tape and male prostitutes.

Ok.

When you grow up, get a job, and make some money you too can get a nice car.

jammastershake
11-11-2012, 11:42 PM
who gives a **** about what lebron believes about a topic that has nothing to do with him? Why is this even a thread.