PDA

View Full Version : Difference feel to this years NBA?

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Anyone feel like this season feels a lot different than last year? It's kind of open ended as a question but the league seems younger. I feel like a lot of younger players are making that next step. And through the first week a lot of the older consistent stars have been mediocre.

I like it should make the player A vs. player B. arguments a lot more interesting.

tapajafri
11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah the league has definitely evolved into a young man's game. The Spurs are really the only traditional team left. This has to do partly with the fact that these stars all want to join together (Brooklyn, NY, Miami, Clippers, etc.)

I'm going to miss teams that had the savy vets like the 2011 Mavs, 2002 sacramento kings, 2000 blazers, 2004 T-Wolves, etc.

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah the league has definitely evolved into a young man's game. The Spurs are really the only traditional team left. This has to do partly with the fact that these stars all want to join together (Brooklyn, NY, Miami, Clippers, etc.)

I'm going to miss teams that had the savy vets like the 2011 Mavs, 2002 sacramento kings, 2000 blazers, 2004 T-Wolves, etc.

I agree to an extent but you look at a team like the Clippers whose core is younger guys. (Griffin, Paul, Jordan.) Than you look at their bench Barnes, Hill, Odom, Crawford those are all guys who bring that veteran flare. I think you need both.

Even current Mavs: Dirk, Brand, Kaman, Marion, Carter old guys and then you have Collison, Mayo, Crowder, Wright filling in the young side of the rotations.

Vinny642
11-11-2012, 12:06 AM
The Hornets have a completely new roster and we are 3-2 so yeah it does feel different, but it feels different aside from my team too. But hey change is good

blastmasta26
11-11-2012, 10:41 AM
Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Rasheed Wallace, Kurt Thomas. Yeah, I'm definitely seeing a younger group of players out there :p

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2012, 10:51 AM
I think it's exciting because a lot of teams have upped the ante. Miami pulled in the Big-Three a couple years ago, and everybody seems to have been trying to catch up since then. LAL finally landed Howard. BK put together perhaps the best starting-line-up in the league, NY brought in some great role players and are in a better coaching situation right now, and OKC obviously has one of the most talented rosters in the league. So there are more teams with the potential to really contend and challenge Miami. Plus there is an interesting crop of rookies, and last years rookie are playing their first full season and had their first full trianing camp, so they are likely better situated, and last season was strike shortened.

There is a lot that is different for sure. It's going to be a very interesting season.