PDA

View Full Version : Other options for LAL at coach

JasonJohnHorn
11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
The likely scenario is that Phil Jackson returns as coach, obviously, though Sloan and D'Antoni are both interesting options, as is Larry Brown. I'm not sure D'Antoni is a good enough defensive coach, I'm not sure that Jackson's triangle will worth as well with this squad, and I don't think Sloan has had enough expereince handling egos. Brown, though not mentioned by many, may be the best fit. But I think there are some other real options for LAL.

Nate McMillan did a great job in Portland and in Seattle before that. I think he would be a lot more affordable and is young enough that he could stay around LA for a while. Mike Dunleavy coached LAL before, and though things didn't end that well with the Clippers, I think he'd still make for a great candidate. Flip Saunders did a solid job in Minny and Detroit, and though his time in Washington wasn't well spent, he's still a solid x's and o's kind of guy that could do very well with this roster. Barkley mentioned that Chuck Person, who is currently an assistant coach with the Lakers deserves a chance, and Brian Shaw was Kobe's first pick to replace Phil when he retired a couple of year ago. Paul Silas is a decent coach, though I'm not sure he's right for this job. I really would have liked to see what Lenny Wilkens could do with this roster, but I think he's a little old to hanlde the job now (75 years old I think).

Any other unemployed coaches that you think could handle the LAL job whose names aren't being thrown out there?

P Harvy
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Phil Jackson is basically the coach so no there aren't any other options considering the position is already filled.

curtcocaine
11-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Don nelson!!!!!!!!

LAKobeBryant
11-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Post your opinion in the other 100 lakers new coach thread

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Chris_Broussard: LAL & Phil getting close. Source close to Phil: "I can't imagine this not working out."

According to my sources, the Earth is round.
-Chris Broussard

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Me. My plan you ask? Dwight Nash run some pick N Rolls, Kobe do you, Gasol get tough get those boards run some Pick and Rolls with nash as well. MWP show them the crazy eyes elbow some people if you have too. Defense: Nash eh Just get ready for offense, Kobe you do you MWP kill somebody Gasol Dont get dunked on, Dwight Tell the guy you're guarding your story in Orlando and we should be fine. Hire me. I approve this message.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
if the lakers limit "kobe time" and feed the post, they would be very dangerous.

Chronz
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Some people are saying they shouldn't go with a defensive coach because the team should focus on reaching their potential offensively. I think they could still become a good defensive team once Dwight is up to speed and a coach like JVG at the helm.

Still I always think teams should hire JVG so to be different I think Sloan.

Nate clashes with PG's and doesnt get them involved enough from what Ive read, while DAntoni would emphasize Nash too much. Sloan's flex is the best fit for all these ingredients.

Dunleavy would be another blunder, everyone knew Brown was inept but there was still the fact that he could get you to compete defensively. Dunleavy doesn't even have that.

Hellcrooner
11-10-2012, 05:15 PM
im all for Phil, Sloan, Wilkens ( hinted he wanted to coach again a while ago), Dunleavy, Larry Brown.

Im against, Dantoni, Don Nelson , JVG ( not because of him , but because dwight has not signed yet), Mcmillan and any rookies.
Anyway, Long term, for the Dwight era lakers should try to lure POPOVIC.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
lakers need to play uptempo. mike D is the best coach imo. the more possesions the lakers can get the better.