PDA

View Full Version : Update: Jackson considering Lakers position

Pages : [1] 2

SportsAndrew25
11-10-2012, 04:05 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-consider-phil-jackson-to-be-main-candidate-for-coaching-job-20121110,0,6329436.story

I really think the Lakers should have thought about all of this stuff during the off-season, instead of right now.

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 04:06 PM
He's gonna walk in there deflect each others ego's. Maybe host a yoga session. The team will slowly come together like they would have anyway and Phil will get all the credit. . .

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-lakers-consider-phil-jackson-to-be-main-candidate-for-coaching-job-20121110,0,6329436.story

I really think the Lakers should have thought about all of this stuff during the off-season, instead of right now.

IT doesn't matter they are better off now than sticking to Brown

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:07 PM
He's gonna walk in there deflect each others ego's. Maybe host a yoga session. The team will slowly come together like they would have anyway and Phil will get all the credit. . .

lol, exactly whats going to happen, not sure they get past the clippers tho. PJ might actually have to do some in game adjustments this season if they want to make it to the finals.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:09 PM
lol, exactly whats going to happen, not sure they get past the clippers tho. PJ might actually have to do some in game adjustments this season if they want to make it to the finals.

Disagree Bron fan

LAKobeBryant
11-10-2012, 04:09 PM
i kind of want dantoni more. dantoni and nash played together for years and now they have a better roster to get it done.

i know phil and kobe been playing also together but i rather dantoni because their offence will come more from nash being the court general rather than triangle in the post

NYSpirit1
11-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Phil Jackson's an idiot. He left the Lakers and said he wasn't coming back. Now when they have the 2nd most talent in the league next to Miami he wants the job all of a sudden.

He's a good coach but not a great one. He's been in the best situations any coach in history has ever had and when he had just Kobe to work with in the mid 2000s they sucked.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Disagree Bron fan

Actually, i'm a miami fan, who just so happens to have the best player in the league by far on his favorite team. :)

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
I'd rather Dantoni got the credit since he atleast coached entertaing b-ball for a long time.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Phil Jackson's an idiot. He left the Lakers and said he wasn't coming back. Now when they have the 2nd most talent in the league next to Miami he wants the job all of a sudden.

He's a good coach but not a great one. He's been in the best situations any coach in history has ever had and when he had just Kobe to work with in the mid 2000s they sucked.

if they lose to the clippers in the west, all hell will break lose.

NYSpirit1
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I have much more respect for the Heat after this considering they didn't can Spoelstra after 5 games and go out and get Phil Jackson.

Phil needs to go away or come back and coach a team that will actually give him a challenge. He's like Robert Horry at this point - collecting championships as a sideshow of the team.

C-Style
i kind of want dantoni more. dantoni and nash played together for years and now they have a better roster to get it done.

i know phil and kobe been playing also together but i rather dantoni because their offence will come more from nash being the court general rather than triangle in the post

Phil out coached Dantoni with a lot less talent, the clear choice is Phil

theheatles
Phil is obv the best choice for the team but I don't think it's a great fit for Dwight

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I have much more respect for the Heat after this considering they didn't can Spoelstra after 5 games and go out and get Phil Jackson.

Phil needs to go away or come back and coach a team that will actually give him a challenge. He's like Robert Horry at this point - collecting championships as a sideshow of the team.

Heat have a lot more time,players are still young. Lakers have no time yo try out coaches, they only have a 2-3 yr window.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:17 PM
Actually, i'm a miami fan, who just so happens to have the best player in the league by far on his favorite team. :)

Don't matter, same negative agenda.

Lakersfanla24
11-10-2012, 04:17 PM
ken berger ‏@kbergcbs
source: "just meeting of the minds and other details" before agreement on phil's return to lakers can be reached.

I really hope Jim doesnt **** this up

theheatles
11-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Honestly, after the Dwight comments for singling out Kobe for his frustration, I think Kobe went upstairs and said I want Phil...Kobe knows Phil will put Dwight in his place, while Mike Brown wouldn't dare.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Do your homework before you speak like if u know whats really going on. Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:19 PM
done deal. now things will get real interesting.

Lakersfanla24
11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Honestly, after the Dwight comments for singling out Kobe for his frustration, I think Kobe went upstairs and said I want Phil...Kobe knows Phil will put Dwight in his place, while Mike Brown wouldn't dare.

What Dwight comments:confused:

D Blue987
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM

Ya until he leaves you in 2 years after you lose back to back finals appearances against the Lakers. :D:D

shep33
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Just read that Dantoni hasn't even been contacted.

jfernyc
11-10-2012, 04:24 PM

Definitely seems like he jumps up at these kinda opportunities

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
This doesn't change anything, execpt LAL Fans if they lose will have some funny excuses. LAL has a talented team maybe even more talented then Miami. They will be a top 2-3 team out west, but I like the way teams can match up with them. OKC is still my pick out west, but just look at all the talented teams out west it isn't going to be a cake walk for the Lakers when you have teams like the Spurs, Okc, Spurs Clippers,Nuggets,Grizz, and hell even a healthy Dallas with Dirk back If mayo contuines to do this they might be a threat. Its going to be a rough west playoffs but it should be a great show.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Ya until he leaves you in 2 years after you lose back to back finals appearances against the Lakers. :D:D

Wishful thinking there. Miami will be playing a team from LA in the finals, tho it probably won't be the lakers.

If lebron leaves, he leaves, i'll get over it. Pat riley has done a great job over the past 17 years.

If PJ cant win a ring with this cast tho, things will get ugly ;)

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:27 PM
see some bitter Knick fan lol, mad he didn't wanna coach that sorry *** franchise?

shep33
11-10-2012, 04:27 PM

I don't think that's what happened. I think Romana Shelbourne summed it up pretty nicely.

She basically said that they wanted to give Mike this 6 game stretch to see how he does. But then Dr. Buss in all likelihood was like "if we're all thinking that this is possibly what's going to happen, why not do it now?".

So they just got it done earlier. The team started 1-12 if you include preseason under Mike Brown. The players don't understand the offense and the defensive schemes are just not there yet. Might as well just do it sooner then later.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:28 PM
:eyebrow: Mad knick fans, go back and tell me one thing where I said something bad about Phill? Its not a cake walk and the west will be tough.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Wishful thinking there. Miami will be playing a team from LA in the finals, tho it probably won't be the lakers.

If lebron leaves, he leaves, i'll get over it. Pat riley has done a great job over the past 17 years.

Sike Knicks vs Clippes it is :D

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't think that's what happened. I think Romana Shelbourne summed it up pretty nicely.

She basically said that they wanted to give Mike this 6 game stretch to see how he does. But then Dr. Buss in all likelihood was like "if we're all thinking that this is possibly what's going to happen, why not do it now?".

So they just got it done earlier. The team started 1-12 if you include preseason under Mike Brown. The players don't understand the offense and the defensive schemes are just not there yet. Might as well just do it sooner then later.

what i dont get is mitch said it was about the offense, iirc...they are ranked 5th in the league in offensive efficiency and that was without nash.

Sike Knicks vs Clippes it is :D

Maybe if amare takes the season off ;)

NBAfan4life
11-10-2012, 04:31 PM
The only reason I don't want Phil Jackson is because the triangle takes time to learn and the only ones who know the system are Bryant and Gasol.

I don't know if I like the idea of Dantoni being the coach, but the offense would be fun to watch

Lakersfanla24
11-10-2012, 04:32 PM

If the reports of a meeting between Jackson and the Lakers taking place last week are true, im guessing PJax told them to get it done sooner rather than later if they wanted him, because it was going to take him awhile to teach the new players the triangle.

KB-Pau-DH2012

So you really think that Vinny Del Negro will outcoach Phil Jackson?

The only coaches to have beat Phil in his tenure as Lakers coach are Gregg Popovich, Larry Brown, Mike D'Antoni (twice, when the Lakers were a mediocre team both times), Doc Rivers, and Rick Carlisle (who has always been a stud of a coach dating back to his Pacer days).

Are you seriously putting Vinny Del Negro in that group?

kbtwofour
Just read that Dantoni hasn't even been contacted.

Phil has always been the #1 option because of his history with the Lakers and proven championship experience.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM

The only coaches to have beat Phil in his tenure as Lakers coach are Gregg Popovich, Larry Brown, Mike D'Antoni (twice, when the Lakers were a mediocre team both times), Doc Rivers, and Rick Carlisle (who has always been a stud of a coach dating back to his Pacer days).

After watching PJ sit on his *** vs that dallas team and make 0 adjustments for 4 games, it wont surprise me. Not to mention VDN does nothing, CP3 runs that team and with the depth on the clippers i can easily see them making it to the finals.

Just because you have some good players, doesn't mean much. outside of kobe, dwight, nash and pau there is nothing there. One of the worst benches in the league, right up there with detroit and cleveland.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:35 PM
All I know is that Phil>>>>>>>Spo, Vinny & Brooks

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:35 PM
what i dont get is mitch said it was about the offense, iirc...they are ranked 5th in the league in offensive efficiency and that was without nash.

Maybe if amare takes the season off ;)

Meh the fire Extinguisher will take care of him ;)

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:36 PM
All I know is that Phil>>>>>>>Spo, Vinny & Brooks

And Carlisle >>>>>>>>>phil

right?

Spurred1
11-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Jackson makes all the sense in the world. He knows how to manage the different personalities without being trampled on. He's not hitching his ride to the Lakers-they need someone like him to get them straightened out.
D'Antoni makes sense to a certain extent because of Nash, but he's never been known to preach defense over offense. Fun to watch, but what does it win in the long run?

The1_Who_knocks
Get it done already >.<

KB-Pau-DH2012
After watching PJ sit on his *** vs that dallas team and make 0 adjustments for 4 games, it wont surprise me. Not to mention VDN does nothing, CP3 runs that team and with the depth on the clippers i can easily see them making it to the finals.

Just because you have some good players, doesn't mean much. outside of kobe, dwight, nash and pau there is nothing there. One of the worst benches in the league, right up there with detroit and cleveland.

Yeah, under Mike Brown.

Last night the Laker bench scored 37 pts total in the first game w/o Brown.

But nah, you probably didn't watch the game, way past your bedtime on the East Coast in South Beach.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:38 PM

Um no, the fact is nobody can slow Paul down, Paul can carry teams. Paul has talent, have you seen that bench??? Crawford is on a role, it would be a cool matchup. Its funny how you think a coach is going to win you things, I guess by that Logic Brooks>Pop I mean Okc did beat the spurs last yer/

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:38 PM
And Carlisle >>>>>>>>>phil

right?

Once Carlisle gets 11 more ring sure... BTW Carlisle>>>>>>>>Spo

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:39 PM
The rings talk :sigh: Mj-Pippen Shaq-Kobe 4 top 20 Players off all time, 3top 10 :pity:

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Once Carlisle gets 11 more ring sure... BTW Carlisle>>>>>>>>Spo

And spo>>>>>>>>>doc

see how dumb you can make things

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Yeah, under Mike Brown.

Last night the Laker bench scored 37 pts total in the first game w/o Brown.

But nah, you probably didn't watch the game, way past your bedtime on the East Coast in South Beach.

against possibly the worst defensive team in the league lol

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:42 PM
And spo>>>>>>>>>doc

Not really. Doc is still a better coach. Spo ****ing sucks

JayW_1023
Something tells me this was already the plan all along if the Lakers weren't going to gell immediately.

Pakman
Disagree Bron fan

Actually, i'm a miami fan, who just so happens to have the best player in the league by far on his favorite team. :)let's see if you sing the same tune in 2014.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:43 PM

Cool story bro.

He's about to win back to back rings. How many coaches have done that in history?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Chris_Broussard: LAL & Phil getting close. Source close to Phil: "I can't imagine this not working out."

According to my sources, a basketball in an NBA game is round and orange.
-Chris Broussard

C-Style
11-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Cool story bro.

He's about to win back to back rings. How many coaches have done that in history?

lol who said he was going to win back to backs :laugh2:

Call me when he has 1 back to back & 3 back to backs to backs.

John Walls Era
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Where does that % come from? Just say a good chance or great chance. "95%" indicates they actually did analytical research, which they obviously didn't.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 04:49 PM
:catfight:

SouthSideRookie
11-10-2012, 04:51 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7S2KDlCMAEFWjF.jpg

Pluvious
11-10-2012, 04:53 PM

the clippers?

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 04:56 PM
the clippers?

Ever hear of them?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 04:58 PM
With Phil coming back, justinuum1 and the rest of the Heat "fans" (And I use that term loosely)....they MAD!!

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 04:59 PM
I think Nash is more MAD then heat fans.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:00 PM

:facepalm:

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:00 PM
With Phil coming back, justinuum1 and the rest of the Heat "fans" (And I use that term loosely)....they MAD!!

im actually happy, i dont think phil will help that much and it will be all the funnier if the lakers dont win

right now, the clippers and spurs have a better chance at coming out of the west than the lakers.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:01 PM
Ever hear of them?

:facepalm: Laker hater #1

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:01 PM
im actually happy, i dont think phil will help that much and it will be all the funnier if the lakers dont win

right now, the clippers and spurs have a better chance at coming out of the west than the lakers.

yea riiiiggghhhttt sure you are)

blue bleeder09
11-10-2012, 05:02 PM

Cool story bro.

He's about to win back to back rings. How many coaches have done that in history?several laker coaches have hahaha,quit trolling

KB-Pau-DH2012
Let me fix that....they SCUUUUURRRRREEEEEDDDDDD!!!! :dance:

Im_in_Mia_bish
lol @ ppl thinkin phil being back will help this team.

its a PROCESS, you cant rush chemistry fools.
with gasol trade, mid way, the great "phil jackson" couldnt win shht until the next year.

honestly, how fkkin stupid are some of yall?

smh

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
not every team can be like the boston celtics and win it all the first year..

it is what it is.

SMH!

44 thousand posts in two years!? wtf :speechless:

John Walls Era
Nash is a great shooter, but what will his role be in the triangle is going to be interesting. Hes one of the best in the league in running an offense, will he be reduced into a corner 3 pt shooter? Interesting to watch out for, but anythings better than that Princeton offense they've been running.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Nash is a great shooter, but what will his role be in the triangle is going to be interesting. Hes one of the best in the league in running an offense, will he be reduced into a corner 3 pt shooter? Interesting to watch out for, but anythings better than that Princeton offense they've been running.
they were 5th in offensive efficiceny without nash

xxplayerxx23

Yeah that is what I don't get. The triangle takes the ball out of his hands, but he is the best offensive Playmaker they have, Its going to be interestng for sure, I think on offense letting Nash control the ball would make them really scary.

KB-Pau-DH2012

with gasol trade, mid way, the great "phil jackson" couldnt win shht until the next year.

smh

2 wins away from a title, dethroning the defending champion Spurs in the process, no Ariza and no Bynum when we finally went up the toughest and most physical defensive team in the league.

When Bynum got injured, and then 7 games later Pau was acquired, it's like the Lakers never missed a beat.

What are you talking about?

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:06 PM

smh

:facepalm: were not stupid ALL LAKER FANS know you wieners wanted us to keep mke brown..so save the BS the lakers are making championship moves they wont stop here....im sure we will see an interesting trade go down also just stay tuned laker haters STAY TUNED

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:06 PM
2 wins away from a title, dethroning the defending champion Spurs in the process, no Ariza and no Bynum when we finally went up the toughest and most physical defensive team in the league.

When Bynum got injured, and then 7 games later Pau was acquired, it's like the Lakers never missed a beat.

:clap: OWNED

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:07 PM
:facepalm: were not stupid ALL LAKER FANS know you wieners wanted us to keep mke brown..so save the BS the lakers are making championship moves they wont stop here....im sure we will see an interesting trade go down also just stay tuned laker haters STAY TUNED

mitch is going to have to do something, as constructed this lakers team is not winning a ring.

KnickaBocka.44
Good for the Lakers, now if they are still a disappointment they have no excuses.

theheatles
Let me fix that....they SCUUUUURRRRREEEEEDDDDDD!!!! :dance:

lol you tried so hard to be a solid poster but once dwight came you went off the deep end and lost all sense of logic

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 05:08 PM

Outside of your 4 players nobody wants LAs garbage. So not sure what moves can happen, Unless you mean signing Fisher?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:08 PM

im sorry, i didnt ask for excuses.
i asked a question.

did they win it that year or no?

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:09 PM
If you idiots think for ONE sec that phil is going to take away from nash's game then you have another thing coming...you don't think phil know's what a challenge this could be for him??? and that alone "The Challenge" is what fuel's the zen master's fire why do you bums keep doubting what phil can do

Pluvious
11-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Ever hear of them?

Do they still have Danny Manning and Charles Smith? That team will be good some day.

xxplayerxx23
Um his system takes away from the PG, is he going to change his system?

Im_in_Mia_bish

first off its WHINERS.
second, you need to check your brain cells, i dont hate on the lakers or any other team.

you need to save your high and mighty bullshht about "oh miami heat fans want the lakerz to keep mike brown, miami heat fans all hate kobe" stfu. ask majority of ur laker fans or look through my posts, i never once hated on ANY team or player.

Pluvious

Correct. Right now.

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Outside of your 4 players nobody wants LAs garbage. So not sure what moves can happen, Unless you mean signing Fisher?

Ok maybe you went to sleep the last 5 yrs....did u catch amnesia over the summer also? maybe you forget ,,,we rape teams mitch is the big bad wolf when he wants your player YOU GIVE HIM UP....just ask Hennigan!! and we kept PAU so shhhhhhhhh hater crawl back into your troll hole

KnickaBocka.44
11-10-2012, 05:12 PM

Laker fans think Mitch can pull off another Kwame for Pau trade every year.

They are probably hoping his buddy over in Memphis will give them Rudy Gay for Metta, Steve Blake and Jodie Meeks at the deadline since SF is the only position they aren't stacked at.

justinnum1
Do they still have Danny Manning and Charles Smith? That team will be good some day.

Dont know why people overlook the clippers:shrug:

They have just as good if not better chance of making the finals as the spurs and lakers

LakersSaintsLSU
first off its WHINERS.
second, you need to check your brain cells, i dont hate on the lakers or any other team.

you need to save your high and mighty bullshht about "oh miami heat fans want the lakerz to keep mike brown, miami heat fans all hate kobe" stfu. ask majority of ur laker fans or look through my posts, i never once hated on ANY team or player.

No i ment wiener buddy....remove your troll shades and youll see lebron's is in front of our face

John Walls Era
they were 5th in offensive efficiceny without nash

Sample size? What teams were they playing against?

seikou8
like the lakers always do when there in trouble call phil jackson.

Pluvious
11-10-2012, 05:13 PM

So do the Clippers have a really good bench because their starters are not great or what's the story? They do have a great bench...I'm not 100% on their starters being as good as some other teams though.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:13 PM

They are probably hoping his buddy over in Memphis will give them Rudy Gay for Metta, Steve Blake and Jodie Meeks at the deadline since SF is the only position they aren't stacked at.

they actually need a solid backup pg, nash will be hurt again this year and blake sucks.

John Walls Era
11-10-2012, 05:14 PM
If you idiots think for ONE sec that phil is going to take away from nash's game then you have another thing coming...you don't think phil know's what a challenge this could be for him??? and that alone "The Challenge" is what fuel's the zen master's fire why do you bums keep doubting what phil can do

Theres way harder challenges than taking over the Lakers. I'm not saying anything, just saying.

justinnum1
Sample size? What teams were they playing against?

bottom line is the offesne is not why they were losing games, their defense sucked.

LakersSaintsLSU

We did....nash for nothing!!,and dwight for drew and still kept PAU
I love how you trolls tap into your selective memory bank

xxplayerxx23
So do the Clippers have a really good bench because their starters are not great or what's the story? They do have a great bench...I'm not 100% on their starters being as good as some other teams though.

They have the best PG in the game. They have a top 5 PF in the game. They have stacked bench and its only going to get better when Billups comes back.

KnickaBocka.44
11-10-2012, 05:15 PM
they actually need a solid backup pg, nash will be hurt again this year and blake sucks.

Oh so maybe Ebanks, Blake and Duhon for Conley? lol

LakersSaintsLSU
bottom line is the offesne is not why they were losing games, their defense sucked.

:D freaking love heat fans i mean BANDWAGON heat fans hating and we haven't even won anything...yet

justinnum1
They have the best PG in the game. They have a top 5 PF in the game. They have stacked bench and its only going to get better when Billups comes back.

forgot about billups, he will be a nice addition when he returns. im really starting to think the clippers coming out of the west is going to happen

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:16 PM
No i ment wiener buddy....remove your troll shades and youll see lebron's is in front of our face

lol @ this clown.

you dont get it do you?
are you mentally slow or something?

justinnum1

no way, they can get lawson or lowry for that package.

John Walls Era

i never blamed their offense. All I said was I'm interested to see how Nash will be played.... the ****?

Pluvious
Dont know why people overlook the clippers:shrug:

They have just as good if not better chance of making the finals as the spurs and lakers

I personally do not think Griffin, Jordan, and Butler are "great" players yet. Just good to very good. To me they only have one great player. Great players make a difference. The Spurs have 2-3, the Heat 3-4, the Lakers 3-4. See what I mean?

But if the Clippers get on a role at the right time in the playoffs you never know. If Billups is healthy and making big shots that might help.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 05:17 PM
forgot about billups, he will be a nice addition when he returns. im really starting to think the clippers coming out of the west is going to happen

Def are up there. I think Spurs-Lakers-Clippers-Okc are the top teams (in no order) Nuggets and Grizz have an outside chance.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:17 PM
I personally do not think Griffin, Jordan, and Butler are "great" players yet. Just good to very good. To me they only have one great player. Great players make a difference. The Spurs have 2-3, the Heat 3-4, the Lakers 3-4. See what I mean?

But if the Clippers get on a role at the right time in the playoffs you never know. If Billups is healthy and making big shots that might help.

really great players like CP3 can make good players look great. All im saying is dont overlook the clippers.

KnickaBocka.44
11-10-2012, 05:18 PM
We did....nash for nothing!!,and dwight for drew and still kept PAU
I love how you trolls tap into your selective memory bank

I love how you selectively forget that Nash was going to NY before the Raptors gave that ridiculous offer sheet to Fields, who the Suns wanted back. The Lakers lucked into Nash.

LakersSaintsLSU

Your selective memory bank is running out of unused storage...please place the "We got PAU for kwame,Nash for nothing,And dwight and still kept PAU" Files in a seperate folder or you will lose any saved information....#yourwelcome

C-Style
Clippers have only 1 great player, Griffin is not ready yet.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Def are up there. I think Spurs-Lakers-Clippers-Okc are the top teams (in no order) Nuggets and Grizz have an outside chance.

WC is gonna be good

LakersSaintsLSU
11-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I love how you selectively forget that Nash was going to NY before the Raptors gave that ridiculous offer sheet to Fields, who the Suns wanted back. The Lakers lucked into Nash.

Was,gonna coulda shoulda woulda...yep sounds like a knick fan talking

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:20 PM
i cant believe that guy boasted about the lakers beating the Spurs in 08 when ginobli was injured, but used an injury excuse for them not winning the finals..

hes using bynum, who averaged 4 points and 5 rebounds in the playoffs(07), and 6 points and 5 rebounds in the playoffs (09), as if he was a major contributor to the team..

:confused:

he wont acknowledge the lakers needed chemistry... lol

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
that fail.

KnickaBocka.44
11-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Was,gonna coulda shoulda woulda...yep sounds like a knick fan talking

Keep thinking Mitch gets whatever he wants. Don't complain if/when Dwight doesn't re-sign.

Pluvious
11-10-2012, 05:22 PM

Blake has to prove himself. You can throw out the "top 5 pf" stuff all you want but there were many forwards in the league I would have rather had them in the playoffs last year. In order for his type of game to work he has to keep that motor up really high OR hit the jumper like its a layup. I know he's been working on his game and jumper so we'll see. He's obviously a good player to have on your team but is he the go to offensive player in the playoffs? Or is that Paul like last year?

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:24 PM
WC is gonna be good

explain your sig

jmoney85
11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I really hate the lakers/laker fans .... Ill even root for the Knicks against them

C-Style
11-10-2012, 05:31 PM
explain your sig

It's obvious, 5 greatest perimeter players to ever touch a basketball.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-10-2012, 05:32 PM
It's obvious, 5 greatest perimeter players to ever touch a basketball.

ahh i see.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Mike Bresnahan
Lakers' meeting with Phil Jackson is over. No official job offer was made but it's well understood that the job is Jackson's if he wants it.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 05:38 PM
@Mike_Bresnahan: Bernie Bickerstaff will coach Lakers game Sunday vs. SAC. The Lakers will also interview a couple coaches in case Phil J. doesn't take job.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 05:38 PM
So the job has been offered. Now its all up to Phil, If he feels he can still coach a team to a championship great, if not then I don't want him

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 05:41 PM
this thread should be renamed to "lakers offer job to jackson"

C-Style
11-10-2012, 05:43 PM
agreed, the title needs an update

kbtwofour
11-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Phil will get to work after Sunday's game. :D

Baller1
11-10-2012, 06:03 PM
Such an overrated coach.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Such an overrated coach.

Agree, Scott Brooks is way better.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Such an overrated coach.

Keep da hate coming

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-10-2012, 06:09 PM

He's never said Brooks is good, literally he's never said that.

C-Style
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM

Scott Brook sucks lol

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
He's never said Brooks is good, literally he's never said that.

When did I say he did?

I agreed with him in the regard that Phil is overrated.

And then I followed it up with my own commentary saying that Scott Brooks is better, implying that I wish Scott Brooks would be coaching the Lakers.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
11-10-2012, 06:11 PM
When did I say he did?

And then I followed it up with my own commentary saying that Scott Brooks is better, implying that I wish Scott Brooks would be coaching the Lakers.

Oh please, we all knew what you meant.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 06:12 PM
When did I say he did?

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Oh please, we all knew what you meant.

Look, I don't know what you're trying to make out of my comments. But I suggest you calm down. Aren't you a mod? Shouldn't you stay above all of this and not get involved in things like this?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:14 PM

Very good little justin, you learned how to use an emoticon.

Good job, good effort.

justinnum1
Look, I don't know what you're trying to make out of my comments. But I suggest you calm down. Aren't you a mod? Shouldn't you stay above all of this and not get involved in things like this?

Just man up to what you meant, no need to back track on it.

lakerfan85

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:15 PM
Just man up to what you meant, no need to back track on it.

What, you don't think Scott Brooks is better than Phil Jackson? Heck, I think Erik Spoelstra and his hair are sexier than Phil Jackson.

YouCan'tBeatLA
11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Such an overrated coach.

How can the GOAT be considered overrated?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:16 PM
How can the GOAT be considered overrated?

Because Scott Brook is better.

maclevel
11-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Brooks got out coached by Spoles last year during the finals. To say he is better than Phil shows how much you know. That is a ******** statement

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:18 PM
Little justinuum is so cute, using my posts as his sig.

You're Welcome.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 06:21 PM
Little justinuum is so cute, using my posts as his sig.

You're Welcome.

No, you're welcome.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:23 PM
No, you're welcome.

How so little justin? I just gave you a new thing to your sig. If it was up to, you'd have "like a bosh!" on there.

Just providing you with something new and fresh, ya know?

NYtilIdie
11-10-2012, 06:23 PM
God I'm gonna lose so much respect for Phil Jackson if he actually takes this job. Talk about walking into a golden ***king situation.

keetyweedy
11-10-2012, 06:24 PM
When did I say he did?

wait...what?

BigBlueCrew
11-10-2012, 06:25 PM
God I'm gonna lose so much respect for Phil Jackson if he actually takes this job. Talk about walking into a golden ***king situation.

you actually had respect for this fool?

justinnum1
wait...what?

He made a horrible attempt at trolling, a mod called him out on it then he tried to back track. It was bad to start out, he just made it worse lol.

raiderposting

i doubt he cares if you lose respect for him. point is not all coaches can win with superstar players, most of them are scared to even criticize them. phil doesn't give a **** who you are, and he gets the most out of his players.

LAKERMANIA
11-10-2012, 06:26 PM

How many Hall of Famers did Red Auerbach coach?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Agree. I think it's better to fire a head coach after 2 months of the season and make him say that he left "to be with his family", and then coming down from the front office to the bench to take over the team and winning the championship.

Cal827
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

BigBlueCrew
11-10-2012, 06:27 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

abe_froman
11-10-2012, 06:28 PM
wow,lotta people are mad..dunno why,its how he always been. but never got the hate i'm seeing right now for it

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 06:28 PM

when hasn't Phil had a dream situation? He is one of the top coaches in history, but man, has he had some players and rosters other coaches would kill for.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 06:29 PM
haha, why are some of you so ticked off?

raiderposting
11-10-2012, 06:30 PM
mike brown>phil jackson. Phil jackson is only good because of the Illuminati. Can't believe nobody has realized that the TRIANGLE offense is actually the PYRAMID offense.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 06:30 PM

Dude, you have been pretty obvious with the sarcasm over the past couple of months. Its not a stretch to see you were doing it there as well. If you don't want to be called out on it, stop with the completely obvious baiting.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Dude, you have been pretty obvious with the sarcasm over the past couple of months. Its not a stretch to see you were doing it there as well. If you don't want to be called out on it, stop with the completely obvious baiting.

I will stop because you said so.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 06:33 PM
I will stop because you said so.

haha, that isn't what I mean. You don't cross the line or anything, but its your deal.

#kobesystem
amnesty kobe

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
haha, that isn't what I mean. You don't cross the line or anything, but its your deal.

#kobesystem
amnesty kobe

That's kinda like my identity and I say those 2 things in particular when I attempt to bring levity to the situation. Like when Kobe is getting bashed and criticized to a ridiculous amount, I just throw one of those "Amnesty Kobe" sayings.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 06:35 PM
That's kinda like my identity and I say those 2 things in particular when I attempt to bring levity to the situation. Like when Kobe is getting bashed and criticized to a ridiculous amount, I just throw one of those "Amnesty Kobe" sayings.

Why deny it when you get called out?

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:36 PM

I'm having an A & B conversation with Hawkeye15, so C your way out. It is highly inappropriate and impolite for a youngin to interrupt a grown people's conversation like that.

keetyweedy
11-10-2012, 06:37 PM
He made a horrible attempt at trolling, a mod called him out on it then he tried to back track. It was bad to start out, he just made it worse lol.

I was scrolling by it and seen it and thought it was just a typo but then i went back and looked at it, and then I went and got a pair of prescribed reading glasses and looked at it(even though my vision is perfectly fine), and then I exited the browser and logged back in with a pair of prescribed reading glasses and looked at it lmfao :laugh2:

mamba24
11-10-2012, 06:38 PM
And spo>>>>>>>>>doc

just curious... how old are you haha?? doc >>>>>>>>>>>>>> spo... thats coming from a lakers fan too lol

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 06:40 PM

I'm having an A & B conversation with Hawkeye15, so C your way out. It is highly inappropriate and impolite for a youngin to interrupt a grown people's conversation like that.

Figured you would try to avoid my question with an answer like that lol.

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Phil Jax won't turn this opportunity down. LA WILL make the NBA finals. But w/ this bench will most likely fall to Miami.

Kobe2324
11-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Too many people complain about the teams that he got to coach, now im not saying that any coach would turn down the latent he has coached but the man makes it all work, he turns teams that have great talent but that just cant get over the top because they either dont play well together or players just dont get along, he brings all these big egos together, gets them playing together and most importantly he gets them winning, not every coach can do that, Phil is the best coach ever and for this star studded Lakers team he is the perfect fit and the players will listen to him.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 06:50 PM
Always found it funny that star players need a star coach to play their best.

Makes it even more impressive what's going on in Miami.

SirSkyHook
11-10-2012, 06:52 PM
This doesn't change anything, execpt LAL Fans if they lose will have some funny excuses. LAL has a talented team maybe even more talented then Miami. They will be a top 2-3 team out west, but I like the way teams can match up with them. OKC is still my pick out west, but just look at all the talented teams out west it isn't going to be a cake walk for the Lakers when you have teams like the Spurs, Okc, Spurs Clippers,Nuggets,Grizz, and hell even a healthy Dallas with Dirk back If mayo contuines to do this they might be a threat. Its going to be a rough west playoffs but it should be a great show.

Aside from our starting five challenging the Heats five, roster depth is not even close.

Metta < Lebron
Kobe > Wade
Pau > Battier
Howard > Bosh
Nash ( so far this season) = Chalmers

Allen > Blake
Lewis > Jamison
Miller > Ebanks
Cole = Morris
Haslem = Hill
J.Anthony > Sacre
Jones = Meeks
T.Harris = Dohun
Harlleson = DJO

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 06:57 PM
2011: ****in Spo! Hate him! Hope he dies! Bring Back Riles!

**** Ray Allen, that Celtic. What a piece of ****. :mad:

2012: Yeah!!!! Like a Spo!!! We-love-RAY!! WE-LOVE RAY!!! :love:

SirSkyHook
11-10-2012, 06:58 PM

Always find it funny when fans downplay the level of talent on there team and downplay the fact that there team plays in the weaker conference, but than have the balls to talk crap about other organizations who plays the consistantly stronger conference :rolleyes:

xxplayerxx23
Aside from our starting five challenging the Heats five, roster depth is not even close.

Metta < Lebron
Kobe > Wade
Pau > Battier
Howard > Bosh

Allen > Blake
Lewis > Jamison
Miller > Ebanks
Cole = Morris
Haslem = Hill
J.Anthony > Sacre
Jones = Meeks
T.Harris = Dohun
Harlleson = DJO

Lol come on with that< > Crap. Wade is better then Kobe and Lebron is better then anybody on the team, but talent wise it is close.

SirSkyHook

This lol

C-Style
11-10-2012, 06:59 PM

Its not gonna be impressive when the Lakers bust their ***...Also I hope u are not implying Brons ring is more impressive than any of MJs

KB-Pau-DH2012
Its not gonna be impressive when the Lakers bust their ***...Also I hope u are not implying Brons ring is more impressive than any of MJs

Bron is close to being GOAT with a couple of rings, remember?

SirSkyHook
Lol come on with that< > Crap. Wade is better then Kobe and Lebron is better then anybody on the team, but talent wise it is close.

Would you take our bench over yours? and if you think Wade is better dosent that further prove my point?

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 07:00 PM

Pretty sure there was a time in Lebrons 1st season in Miami where him & Wade weren't happy w/ coach Spo. Every Heat fan was cursing him out & requesting for Riles to step down frm the office & back to the bench.

The big difference here is the age factor of Kobe & Nash. They have a 2 yr window & Brown was just wasting time.

Why do you care if a team wants a coach like Phil back! Lebron after all ran to Wade & Bosh which is worse than your criticism about LA wanting Phil back.

amos1er
11-10-2012, 07:01 PM

Metta < Lebron
Kobe > Wade
Pau > Battier
Howard > Bosh

Allen > Blake
Lewis > Jamison
Miller > Ebanks
Cole = Morris
Haslem = Hill
J.Anthony > Sacre
Jones = Meeks
T.Harris = Dohun
Harlleson = DJO

Oh god, don't even suggest to these homer Heat fans that Kobe is better than Wade. Kobe could average 35 ppg, 8 apg, 8 rpg, on a fg% of .75 and they would still say Wade is better.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Would you take our bench over yours? and if you think Wade is better dosent that further prove my point?

I'm no heat fan, Lakers bench is terrible but I said Talent wise it is close.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Oh god, don't even suggest to these homer Heat fans that Kobe is better than Wade. Kobe could average 35 ppg, 8 apg, 8 rpg, on a fg% of .75 and they would still say Wade is better.

Oh look a homer Kobe fan. Problem is he isnt efficent and can't play defense the way wade does. But okay in your mind Kobe is still top 3 and Kobe is top 5 of all time.

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 07:07 PM

Yes, it seems some fans are being smug about their team while showing the hypocrisy.

Be happy for the Championship Heat fans but you shld be the last to criticize LA's situation

amos1er
11-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Oh look a homer Kobe fan. Problem is he isnt efficent and can't play defense the way wade does. But okay in your mind Kobe is still top 3 and Kobe is top 5 of all time.

Now your just putting words in my mouth. I never said those things. I feel that Kobe is number 5 in the NBA as of last season, but so far is looking like he is making a run for the top 3...still too early to tell. I also feel that Kobe is anywhere from 7-9 on the all time list. Stop making me out to be some blind fan boy just because I don't overrate Wade.

justinnum1
Pretty sure there was a time in Lebrons 1st season in Miami where him & Wade weren't happy w/ coach Spo. Every Heat fan was cursing him out & requesting for Riles to step down frm the office & back to the bench.

The big difference here is the age factor of Kobe & Nash. They have a 2 yr window & Brown was just wasting time.

Why do you care if a team wants a coach like Phil back! Lebron after all ran to Wade & Bosh which is worse than your criticism about LA wanting Phil back.
there were plenty of heat fans that hated spo, i was never one of them. I always thought and still do that its on the players much more than the coach. Feel free to find a post of me saying spo sucks.

Teeboy1487

What kind of statement is that? By your logic, you are saying Michael Jordan needed Phil Jackson to play his best. Also, what's so impressive with joining up with two all stars in their primes? Lebron was compelled to win a championship at that point. Now, he has arguably the best 3pt shooter of all time on his side.

Alayla
11-10-2012, 07:11 PM

THE most talent for one
for 2 thats not really a fair comment if you have only 1 good player to work with it doesnt matter who your coach is your not going anywhere :facepalm:
*this comming from a sixers fan who is still bitter about 2001*

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:12 PM

I'm sure i could find plenty of lakers fans who were cursing nash in 2008(if they were even fans back then) but now love that he is on the team.

I have always respected allen's game.

You're trolling skills have weakened, what happened?

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Now your just putting words in my mouth. I never said those things. I feel that Kobe is number 5 in the NBA as of last season, but so far is looking like he is making a run for the top 3...still too early to tell. I also feel that Kobe is anywhere from 7-9 on the all time list. Stop making me out to be some blind fan boy just because I don't overrate Wade.

You mean last year when he shot 43%, come on he isn't top 5 anymore, he isn't top 3 this year either lol. I have him 9 all time so I guess I can't argue with 7-9

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:14 PM
What kind of statement is that? By your logic, you are saying Michael Jordan needed Phil Jackson to play his best. Also, what's so impressive with joining up with two all stars in their primes? Lebron was compelled to win a championship at that point. Now, he has arguably the best 3pt shooter of all time on his side.

Think about it, lakers management is basically saying they need the greatest coach of all time for their team to win a ring.

Miami won a ring with spo, who i think is pretty good but most think he is one of the worst coaches in the league.

Never said anywhere that some rings are more impressive than others.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't get why the Lakers are getting criticized for pursuing a guy whose system brought 5 world championships? Da-da-da-da-da-da-da-...DAT IS BLASPHEMOUS!

Avenged
11-10-2012, 07:18 PM
Think about it, lakers management is basically saying they need the greatest coach of all time for their team to win a ring.

Miami won a ring with spo, who i think is pretty good but most think he is one of the worst coaches in the league.

Yeah, so what? The Lakers need a good coach to win. What exactly is the issue here?

SteBO

1) Well if you're so blind that you're going to believe everything the media tells you, then you simply can't be helped. Spo was never on the hot seat at any point in '10, and LBJ and Wade were never pissed at Spo at any point either. Just another case of the blind leading the blind.

2) Fans will always be fans. It's short for fanatic. If you truly understood this concept, then you wouldn't bring it up in this situation because it simply has little to no place here.

3) Let me ask you something. Had LeBron had anywhere near the quality coach, front office, and supporting cast around him, do you think he would've "ran" to Wade & Bosh? Kobe/Phil never had to go through 6-7 years with crappy talent in LA. Why you're even trying to compare the two situations is unfathomable to me. But hey, a spoiled fanbase who believes his favorite player or teams FO can do no wrong isn't a surprise.

amos1er
You mean last year when he shot 43%, come on he isn't top 5 anymore, he isn't top 3 this year either lol. I have him 9 all time so I guess I can't argue with 7-9

Top five 2011-2012 Season:

1. Lebron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Howard
5. Kobe

Kobe was still first team All NBA last year and Wade wasn't. Kobe was All NBA defensive second team and Wade wasn't. Wade also missed 25% of the season. Wade's ts% wasn't all that much better than Kobe's either for you to even make an an efficiency argument. Even PSD voted Kobe the 5th best player in the NBA last season. Looks like it's only you and the Heat fan base that disagree. ESPN had Kobe as teh 6th best player in the NBA last season only because they completely overrated Rose by giving the 5th spot to him. Everyone knows that ESPN ranking Rose the 5th best in the NBA was all due to media hype and politics. Kobe's true place was at 5 and Wade behind him at 6.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah, so what? The Lakers need a good coach to win. What exactly is the issue here?

He scccurreed.

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 07:20 PM

there were plenty of heat fans that hated spo, i was never one of them. I always thought and still do that its on the players much more than the coach. Feel free to find a post of me saying spo sucks.
That's not the point bro. Don't criticize when Miami fans was cursing out Spo since day 1 wanting Riles back. Even Wade a big supporter of his all of sudden turned on him once Lebron was a Heat wich surprised many. I'm sure that situation was leading to something very similar to LA''s if it wasnt for the fact Miami's window for. Ship was far wider than LA's current span.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:22 PM
That's not the point bro. Don't criticize when Miami fans was cursing out Spo since day 1 wanting Riles back. Even Wade a big supporter of his all of sudden turned on him once Lebron was a Heat wich surprised many. I'm sure that situation was leading to something very similar to LA''s if it wasnt for the fact Miami's window for. Ship was far wider than LA's current span.
lol...when did wade turn on spo, i'm not saying your wrong seeing you use to be a heat fan, but please show me where wade turned on spo.

SteBO
11-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Yes, it seems some fans are being smug about their team while showing the hypocrisy.

Be happy for the Championship Heat fans but you shld be the last to criticize LA's situation
Really? How so? The situations aren't the same. You said so yourself in one of your previous posts. Fact is, the FO overreacted and while Phil is one of the greatest coaches to ever coach in this league, he can't fix Nash's health issues and Dwight Howard's bad back, not to mention one of the most pathetic benches I've ever set eyes on the basketball court.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Wade and Spo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPt_9-dpB4A :love:

LeBron and Spo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgf6fd88g8 :love:

SteBO
11-10-2012, 07:26 PM

Pointless......

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:27 PM

You heat haters are trying so hard.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
:cheer: We Love Ray! :cheer:

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
lol...when did wade turn on spo, i'm not saying your wrong seeing you use to be a heat fan, but please show me where wade turned on spo.
When he exploded & cursed at him abruptly which seemed like for nothing not long after that bump incident w/ Lebron. You & I both know very well that was strange for Wade seeing as he supported Coach through all the downs. Again the big diff is Kobe & Nash's ages. Dont criticize LA's situation because they have older players in the twilight of their careers & are in a win now situation & must do all they can to achieve that.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:29 PM
:cheer: We Love Ray! :cheer:

Shooting 60% from 3 and avg 15ppg off the bench.

You're welcome :cool:

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:30 PM
When he exploded & cursed at him abruptly which seemed like for nothing not long after that bump incident w/ Lebron. You & I both know very well that was strange for Wade seeing as he supported Coach through all the downs. Again the big diff is Kobe & Nash's ages. Dont criticize LA's situation because they have older players in the twilight of their careers & are in a win now situation & must do all they can to achieve that.

oh come on. It's called heat of the moment. Wade was pissed at how bad he was playing and they yelled at each other. When you are very close with someone, there is nothing wrong with that. Find another example , because the point you're trying to make is not working.

amos1er
11-10-2012, 07:36 PM

Diva's

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Diva's

You have the biggest diva in the league by far on your team.

Jarvo
11-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Phil always has it easy as a coach man

Bruno
11-10-2012, 07:39 PM

And that makes him an idiot because?

He stepped down because he needed a knee replacement, and wasn't mobile enough to coach with high activity. He had the surgery in March.

'Sucked' is a description usually reserved for lottery teams. Those 2006 and 2007 Lakers made the playoffs under Jackson. The 2005 Lakers did not make the playoffs, and Jackson was not their coach. Perhaps you mean to say that the 2005 Lakers, with out Jackson, who missed the playoffs- sucked.

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 07:40 PM

oh come on. It's called heat of the moment. Wade was pissed at how bad he was playing and they yelled at each other. When you are very close with someone, there is nothing wrong with that. Find another example , because the point you're trying to make is not working.
Come on bro that was a suspect time. If Wade & Lebron were Nash's age you don't think Spo's job wld have been in jeopardy too! If you read any of my posts back in the day i was a big Spo supporter constantly attacking the criticizers but Spo's butt wld have been canned if Lebron & Wade only had 2 seasons to acquire a ship. You know i'm right

Bruno
11-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Shooting 60% from 3 and avg 15ppg off the bench.

You're welcome :cool:

do you expect ray allen to continue to lead the NBA in TS%?

I see no reason why not, he can't be guarded if you still expect to slow down the big three.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:43 PM
do you expect ray allen to continue to lead the NBA in TS%?

I see no reason why not, he can't be guarded if you still expect to slow down the big three.

I dont know if he will lead, there are some centers out there that get great shots, but ray has been more than impressive so far. i think he will be right around 50% from 3.

but whats most impressive is what he is contributing besides the 3 ball, he is playmaking and hitting some really tough shots off the dribble and he has been clutch for us(a game winner and he help seal the deal last night with a minute left)

his defense is what it is but he has been a great pick up so far and much better than terry.

amos1er
11-10-2012, 07:45 PM
You have the biggest diva in the league by far on your team.

Ya, but at least I'm not in denial about it. If Howard is the top diva in the league, Lebron and Wade are certainly in the top five. as well as being in the top five floppers as well.

Lakerhead4ever
11-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Laker fans plz don't waist your time with these heat fans. They aren't use to having winning teams and apparently can't handle the success of their team humbly. They'll fade just like cavs fans did. Rather argue with a Celtic fan.

KnickaBocka.44
11-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Ya, but at least I'm not in denial about it. If Howard is the top diva in the league, Lebron and Wade are certainly in the top five. as well as being in the top five floppers as well.

Between the Lakers and the Heat they have probably 4 out of the top 5 divas and the unquestioned #1 dinosaur in the league.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:48 PM

Agreed

Teeboy1487
11-10-2012, 07:49 PM

The Lakers are saying they need the best coach available after firing a coach they thought did not show any improvement with the team. Also, didn't Miami basically force SVG to quit and Pat Riley stepped in? They went on to win a championship in 2006 after SVG stepped down. Guess they are the same way?

I also don't think Spo is not as bad as people think. He runs a good defensive scheme and his decision to go small is what ultimately led the Heat to the championship. That's not my point though.

I simply don't see how Michael Jordan winning with Phil Jackson or Kobe winning with Phil Jackson is less impressive than Lebron winning with Spo. Every championship team are different and all of them had to go through different circumstances to win it all. You are not taking to account the talent of those teams, the strength of their playoff runs, the health of those teams. Not to mention the health of other teams and the length of seasons etc... There are too many variables that are in place to say such a daring comment.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:51 PM
The Lakers are saying they need the best coach available after firing a coach they thought did not show any improvement with the team. Also, didn't Miami basically force SVG to quit and Pat Riley stepped in? They went on to win a championship in 2006 after SVG stepped down. Guess they are the same way?

I also don't think Spo is not as bad as people think. He runs a good defensive scheme and his decision to go small is what ultimately led the Heat to the championship. That's not my point though.

I simply don't see how Michael Jordan winning with Phil Jackson or Kobe winning with Phil Jackson is less impressive than Lebron winning with Spo. Every championship team are different and all of them had to go through different circumstances to win it all. You are not taking to account the talent of those teams, the strength of their playoff runs, the health of those teams. Not to mention the health of other teams and the length of seasons etc... There are too many variables that are in place to say such a daring comment

Shaq forced SVG out.

A ring is a ring, no question about that.

ink
11-10-2012, 07:51 PM

A good point. He is a master at working with big egos.

But it goes beyond that. He will also work them into a decent rotation.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 07:58 PM
brousard
Kupchak and Jim Buss met with Phil today and agreed to talk again in a couple days, source says. Bickerstaff 2 remain interim 4 near future.

amick
Person close to Phil Jackson tells USAT Sports: "It will get done barring something very significant."

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
brousard
Kupchak and Jim Buss met with Phil today and agreed to talk again in a couple days, source says. Bickerstaff 2 remain interim 4 near future.

amick
Person close to Phil Jackson tells USAT Sports: "It will get done barring something very significant."
For somebody who's been criticizing you seem 2b investing alot of interest?

In a day or so reports will state Phil will b head coach of LA again.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 08:07 PM

Just posting updates for everyone, im surprised phil hasn't accepted already. probably just working out logistics

SteBO
11-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Laker fans plz don't waist your time with these heat fans. They aren't use to having winning teams and apparently can't handle the success of their team humbly. They'll fade just like cavs fans did. Rather argue with a Celtic fan.
Well it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about considering we've been a competitive franchise for over a decade. This year marks our 25th anniversary. All this shows is that you don't know how to handle criticism from outside fan bases, which can't be helped considering the Lakers have been a franchise that's been very successful and catered to. It's even gotten to a point where you have to take petty shots at the Miami just because you can't handle your team being question and criticized for mismanagement. Oh well. It can't be helped.

On topic, Phil Jackson has all the leverage here. If I were him, I would just enjoy my retirement personally, but if he really wants to coach again he should just ask for as much as he pleases. The Lakers will bow down to his whim, and considering the mess they put themselves in I wouldn't blame them.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 08:13 PM
aldridge
As just reported on @NBATV, Lakers will also speak with Mike D'Antoni and Mike Dunleavy in coming days after discussing job w/PJax Saturday.

im surprised...i thought it was pretty much a done deal

SportsFanatic10
11-10-2012, 08:22 PM

look up the reasons behind it. it was explained quite clearly. wade plays better when he's angry and he was struggling in that game after just getting his knee drained. spo pushed his buttons to try and fire him up, but wade said his frustration boiled over since he knew he couldn't respond on the court the way he usually would since his knee wouldn't allow it.

as a heat fan i'll admit i wasn't too crazy about spo that first year with the big 3 and even at times during last season. but now i'm liking what i see out of him. he himself admitted that he cost the heat the title the first year by trying to play a traditional center and point guard even though they were trash, instead of embracing the teams versatility like he does now. he regrets not figuring it out sooner he said as much, but now that he has i'm on board with him.

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 08:26 PM

Just posting updates for everyone, im surprised phil hasn't accepted already. probably just working out logistics
Yeah, i think he has & only a matter of time now until reports come out.

Pluvious
11-10-2012, 08:26 PM

More likely it is accepted but they can't say that because Phil isn't ready yet (he probably needs to get prepared for the job and get things in his life in order). He needs Bikerstaff to coach 1-2 more games before he's ready so they cannot announce a change yet.

Davidgta1
11-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Lakers should just make kobe head coach lmao

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 08:31 PM
Dave McMenamin
Just got a text from an opposing player: "Even Phil can't save that bench"

Pluvious
11-10-2012, 08:32 PM
look up the reasons behind it. it was explained quite clearly. wade plays better when he's angry and he was struggling in that game after just getting his knee drained. spo pushed his buttons to try and fire him up, but wade said his frustration boiled over since he knew he couldn't respond on the court the way he usually would since his knee wouldn't allow it.

as a heat fan i'll admit i wasn't too crazy about spo that first year with the big 3 and even at times during last season. but now i'm liking what i see out of him. he himself admitted that he cost the heat the title the first year by trying to play a traditional center and point guard even though they were trash, instead of embracing the teams versatility like he does now. he regrets not figuring it out sooner he said as much, but now that he has i'm on board with him.

I hate when SPO gets any credit. It took him 2 years (deep in the playoffs) to figure out to space the floor. Use the strengths of your team? Good thinking. It seemed like it fell in his lap instead of him thinking about it. He basically just had to "get out his own way". He finally did.

Mr. Baller
11-10-2012, 08:35 PM
aldridge

im surprised...i thought it was pretty much a done deal

Always need a plan B in some rare case it falls apart. Bickerstaff only committed for a few games.

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 08:57 PM
Kevin Ding @KevinDing about 5 minutes ago

Lakers: Steve Nash for draft picks. Dwight Howard for Andrew Bynum. Phil Jackson for Mike Brown. #winning

Aust
11-10-2012, 09:01 PM
:dance:

This is the best case scenario. Apparently Phil "likes" this team, which says a lot(even with a PG in Nash and a weak bench).
He signs a 2 year deal, brings aboard some of his assistants, and gives this team a better chance to win now all the while grooming an heir for when he departs for good(which has been discussed). When his two years are up, he'll leave with Kobe and Gasol ushering in a new era for the franchise.

Gritz
11-10-2012, 09:40 PM

I'm convinced that you haven't seen a single laker game this season, and the sad thing is that the lakers played the mavericks game 1.

JayW_1023
11-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I usually like to stay neutral, but if this happens. I'm rooting against the Lakers so much. Just ridiculous what they get away with. Classless.

tapajafri
11-10-2012, 10:14 PM

You're right to want him more than Phil. Nash would actually be relevant with dantoni, unlike with Phil. Not to mention the lakers play absolutely no defense (beside's Artest) so why not try to outscore opponents with the firepower they have and dantoni's uptempo offense.

justinnum1
11-10-2012, 11:32 PM
brousard
Phil remains top choice but his demands in today's meeting were steep: travel restrictions 4 road games, & increased say in bball decisions

He probably never wants to see jim buss near the lakers facility and have say in decision making. Things are getting interesting.

Phil's demands could be obstacle to hiring. If he wants all bball power, I don't think he gets that from Jim Buss.

beliges
11-10-2012, 11:59 PM
I usually like to stay neutral, but if this happens. I'm rooting against the Lakers so much. Just ridiculous what they get away with. Classless.

Not sure what you mean. They fired an incompetent coach and now they're goin after the best coach possible. If anything they're the epitome of what a sports franchise should be.

justinnum1
11-11-2012, 12:01 AM
Not sure what you mean. They fired an incompetent coach and now they're goin after the best coach possible. If anything they're the epitome of what a sports franchise should be.

Fair point, they admitted they ****ed up, and are now hoping PJ can save what is currently a lakers team in last place.

BSF101
11-11-2012, 12:39 AM
Just when I thought my dream came true that the Lakers were gonna suck this year, I hear this BS WTF.

Vinny642
11-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Im shocked... -__-

beliges
11-11-2012, 12:43 AM

Fair point, they admitted they ****ed up, and are now hoping PJ can save what is currently a lakers team in last place.

This team doesn't need saving. They just need to play up to their potential and they should be good enough to represent the west in the finals. And Phil is the man that should get them uptown that level.

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:03 AM
I wouldn't go as far to say he was incompetent

shep33
11-11-2012, 01:04 AM
Seems like the job is still Phil's if he wants it. Dantoni is a good plan B.

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:09 AM
There gonna give Phil whatever he wants to come back

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-11-2012, 01:12 AM
There gonna give Phil whatever he wants to come back

Former Coach?

Could this be Mike Brown?! :speechless:

Coach, did you just come back from Chick Filet?

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Ha I don't support chick fil a

raiderposting
11-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Ha I don't support chick fil a

gtfoh. chick fil a best fast food hands down.

FormerCoach
11-11-2012, 01:39 AM
U got me. Guilty. Throw some pickles on my sammich plz

AIRMAR72
11-11-2012, 02:15 AM
good for phil another HOF squad

GREATNESS ONE
11-11-2012, 03:21 AM
:laugh2:

Max.This
11-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Seems like the job is still Phil's if he wants it. Dantoni is a good plan B.

Dantoni is not a good backup plan. Dantoni needs a steve nash in his prime to run the offense he wants them to run. Could you imagine Kobe's face when the coach says hey Pau why dont you and nash run a pick and roll.