PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Roy leaves game with sore right knee

jiggin
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Timberwolves guard Brandon Roy did not return to Minnesota's game against Indiana after halftime because of a sore right knee, an ominous sign for the veteran who has battled knee issues for several years.
Roy started and played 15 minutes in the first half on Friday night. He scored six points on 3-for-5 shooting. But when the teams returned to the floor after halftime, Roy wasn't with them. Chase Budinger started the third quarter in his place.
Roy retired from Portland before last season because of chronic knee problems. But he felt rejuvenated this summer after receiving treatment and signed a two-year deal with the Timberwolves. He played at least 21 minutes in each of the first four games for the Wolves this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/brandon-roy-leaves-game-sore-024709490--nba.html

is his comeback over that fast? doh.

xxplayerxx23
11-10-2012, 12:43 AM
I sure hope not.

49ersLALSFGiant
11-10-2012, 12:44 AM
I would hate to see his comeback end so quick..hopefully it was just a precaution and no big deal

Vinny642
11-10-2012, 12:44 AM
They did say he was always going to have knee problems... he doesn't have any cartilage in his knee to absorb the shocks from jumping and running.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 12:45 AM
he left with soreness, not a major injury. But yes, as a Wolves fan, I really didn't expect a lot.

P Harvy
11-10-2012, 12:46 AM
Hopefully we can just get him into a role of playing 10-15 minutes off the bench every game and having that leadership type presence with the team rather than trying to play him as the starter because its clear he's not going to last.

Vinny642
11-10-2012, 12:47 AM
he left with soreness, not a major injury. But yes, as a Wolves fan, I really didn't expect a lot.

Eric Gordon has been out for like a year now with a "sore" knee

topdog
11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
It's hard to say what it is at this point especially since the Wolves are being extra precautious. It may be that Roy needs to be played like an old man - 20 minutes every other game. Or, this could be it? Who knows? Hopefully more info tomorrow.

Sota4Ever
11-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Supposedly he banged his knee the same one that held him out of practice. So maybe they just held him out to be safe.

Hellcrooner
11-10-2012, 01:08 AM
Probably just playing safe.
But i mean, everybody sees this coming sooner or later.

KnicksorBust
11-10-2012, 01:21 AM
This is going to sound rude but it's real. Roy is DONE. He's not Grant Hill. TWolves fans and other people were predicting crazy **** and imo they are making themselves look foolish.

KnokOut
11-10-2012, 01:25 AM
This is going to sound rude but it's real. Roy is DONE. He's not Grant Hill. TWolves fans and other people were predicting crazy **** and imo they are making themselves look foolish.

What Wolves fans are predicting crazy stuff?

Been out of the league for over a year and we have no idea what this is about, jumping to conclusions way too early.

Sota4Ever
11-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Who the hell predicted crazy whatever **** is. Almost every timberwolves fan on our forum was skeptical, but was hoping for the best. I don't think anyone thought he was going to be as good as he was before he retired. He has played pretty well though in other ways, and the veteran presence is much needed on this team especially without Love and Rubio. So no we are not looking foolish right now. We are looking good at 4-1 without our 2 best players.

bigbeardaboss
11-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Expected. He has defied the odds by even returning to the NBA. Hopefully he just needs some rest.

shep33
11-10-2012, 06:51 AM
Don't they have Shved? Seems like he and Budinger could fill that spot

waveycrockett
11-10-2012, 07:08 AM
he has looked terrible but shved is niiiiiiiicccceeee

jbelmar4
11-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Feel bad for Brandon Roy his knees are messing up his great career.

3ballbomber
11-10-2012, 10:32 AM
i hope it's nothing too serious!

KnicksorBust
11-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I saw Wolves fans running around thinking he was going to be almost a 30mpg player and average double digit points. The guy has no knees! .

Lakers4life08
11-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Its Shved time baby!!!!!! give him 30+ minutes and he will average 14-16 points and 8 assists a game

JoeDirt05
11-10-2012, 12:25 PM
Poor guy :sigh:

topdog
11-10-2012, 01:05 PM
I saw Wolves fans running around thinking he was going to be almost a 30mpg player and average double digit points. The guy has no knees! .

1. Where were these Wolves fans "running around?"

2. Adelman said he was going to play Roy 30mpg and has twice in the previous 4 games.

3. Before last night, he was averaging 5.5 assists which accounts for 11 points.

PlezPlayDKnicks
11-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I for one loves Roy and see him in a Jkidd like role for the Wolves. He's still a great facilitator

P Harvy
11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
All Roy needs is a little soy on those knees

PurpleJesus
11-10-2012, 02:18 PM
I expect him to miss tonights game, and then be back in two days from now. Precautionary measures. But it is disconcerting when you hear about this. He will miss a good amount of games this year I suspect.

PurpleJesus
11-10-2012, 02:20 PM
he has looked terrible but shved is niiiiiiiicccceeee

I dont think he has looked terrible, other than the game against Toronto, where you could tell his brain was acting faster than his body would allow him to do. His jump shot hasnt been falling this season, but he has been very good with getting teammates involved.

And yeah, Shved has looked terrific the last 3 games or so.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Eric Gordon has been out for like a year now with a "sore" knee

haha, well doctors have cleared him. He is being a pansy.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 04:52 PM

Not sure who was predicting anything crazy, being hopeful but realistic is how I saw most Wolves fans acting. Hoping for 25 mpg, 65 games. Realistically? We have no clue. But he looks slow. Skilled, but slow.

Hawkeye15
11-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Don't they have Shved? Seems like he and Budinger could fill that spot

Shved is playing better each and every game. He is a surprise so far, especially defensively. He can pass as well as anyone too. He will have his ups and downs, but it looks like he will be a player.

Aleksandar
11-10-2012, 05:15 PM

This is not true.

Here's my old post:

As a Twolves fan I got to say this:

- Derrick Williams can't "hold down the fort", he's an inconsistent work in progress. But he will pull off a good game here and there.
- Brandon Roy can't "hold down the fort", last thing I would do is put pressure on him and his empty knees. But he's cool to play his 24 min under the radar, pass the ball, score a bit, just do his thing.

Guys I expect to hold down the fort are:

C - Pekovic/Amundson - Pekovic arrived at the camp in awesome shape, he should go wild in this first month at least. Amundson is limited, but he's ready to hustle off the bench. Stiemsma doesn't seem like much in the preseason, no idea if he catches up.

PF - Kirilenko/Cunningham - Kirilenko is as reliable as they come, I'm only afraid that he doesn't get injured as well. Cunnigham is ready, he won't let down.

SF - Budinger - He won't be brilliant but he won't bad either. Derrick Williams should also have couple of the good games, but he'll have the terrible ones as well.

Our guard rotation is a question mark to me.

SG - Roy/Shved - Roy should do well in his limited role, but I wouldn't like to see him forcing things. Shved is like Williams, but a rookie instead of sophomore. He'll do nice things occasionally, but is still too erratic.

PG - Ridnour/Barea - This is where I'm afraid the most. Ridnour seems worse than last year, and could easily get injured again, and JJ Barea is.. well, JJ Barea.

I was saying that Roy can't be our go-to scorer and that we can't rely on him to lead us.

Now I can say I believe he won't be as bad as he seems right now. He can still find ways to be efficient and help win games. Especially when Love and Rubio are back, he can still play smart, keep the ball flowing(he had 9 assists the other night), use open shots, and occasionally attempt a drive or a fadeaway jumper or whatnot.

Also, looking at my old post, Derrick Williams performs better than I predicted, Stiemsma as well.

Vinny642
11-10-2012, 09:16 PM
haha, well doctors have cleared him. He is being a pansy.

Gordon is being a little *** baby, its ****ing annoying, I hope we trade his oddly shaped head ***