PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Crawford Still Dominating

Clippersfan86
11-09-2012, 03:36 AM
When is it no longer a fluke but rather the fact that he's on a very dangerous team and is a perfect fit? Averaging 23 ppg this year on more than 51 percent shooting from the field off the bench after 6 games. He's singlehandedly outscored the opposing teams ENTIRE bench in 3 games this year.

Avenged
11-09-2012, 03:39 AM
Who said he's a fluke? He's always put up a lot of points (wish LAL had him -- but then again he'd probably suck for us). Impressive FG% though but with his style of play that percentage won't last very long.

shep33
11-09-2012, 03:46 AM
Yeah his fg% will drop. Kobe's shooting 56% from the field and 43% from 3. Numbers typically even out over the course of a season.

Crawford is playing great though. Odom looks pretty bad :(

douglas
11-09-2012, 03:47 AM
Jamal Crawford is really good at dribbling the basketball. When he dribbles the ball, Jamal Crawford does a move called a crossover very well. When he does the crossover he makes his defender think he is going one way, but in all actuality, Jamal Crawford goes the other way. His crossover dribble basketball move works a lot of the time, but not all the time.

Clippersfan86
11-09-2012, 03:49 AM
Yeah his fg% will drop. Kobe's shooting 56% from the field and 43% from 3. Numbers typically even out over the course of a season.

Crawford is playing great though. Odom looks pretty bad :(

I agree it will drop into mid 40's. Tons of people though criticized the signing and brought up last year. I told them (even had to explain to Clippers fans at times) that Crawford has never really been in a good situation outside of Atlanta when he won 6th man.

Playing with the weapons he does now opens up the floor for him. His efficiency has a chance to be a career best due to the fact that the Clippers have CP3 creating for him and Griffin drawing doubles.

Odom looks like a pathetic sack of crap. Good news is he's a free agent and 8 mill coming off the books this summer for the team.

5ass
11-09-2012, 03:52 AM
6th man of the year for sure. imo

shep33
11-09-2012, 03:55 AM
I agree it will drop into mid 40's. Tons of people though criticized the signing and brought up last year. I told them (even had to explain to Clippers fans at times) that Crawford has never really been in a good situation outside of Atlanta when he won 6th man.

Playing with the weapons he does now opens up the floor for him. His efficiency has a chance to be a career best due to the fact that the Clippers have CP3 creating for him and Griffin drawing doubles.

Odom looks like a pathetic sack of crap. Good news is he's a free agent and 8 mill coming off the books this summer for the team.

Yeah I think Crawford wins 6th man of the year. He's playing great so far, but at the same time it's such a small sample size. We'll see what happens... although he is my pick. Wanted him on the Lakers for a long long time.

Odom somehow looks worse than when he was with Dallas. I don't even know if he wants to play basketball anymore.

Either way, you guys have a solid squad, hope Blake gets healthy. Good luck this season Clippersfan :cheers:

Clippersfan86
11-09-2012, 03:58 AM
Yeah I think Crawford wins 6th man of the year. He's playing great so far, but at the same time it's such a small sample size. We'll see what happens... although he is my pick. Wanted him on the Lakers for a long long time.

Odom somehow looks worse than when he was with Dallas. I don't even know if he wants to play basketball anymore.

Either way, you guys have a solid squad, hope Blake gets healthy. Good luck this season Clippersfan :cheers:

Yea Odom is just done IMO. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and was happy after his play in the season opener but when Turiaf and Hollins outplay you every game you know it's time to retire. Good luck to you as well.

Diabolical
11-09-2012, 04:20 AM
I explained it in the OJ Mayo thread... I love Mayo and Crawford... but when homer fans start creating threads like this it makes me want to hate on the player. Let their work do the talking. It's not needed for anyone to hype them more.

To me, it's just a sign of insecurity that you need reassurance from other people that Crawford will continue to dominate the way he is doing all season long. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment.

John Walls Era
11-09-2012, 04:25 AM
Jamal Crawford is really good at dribbling the basketball. When he dribbles the ball, Jamal Crawford does a move called a crossover very well. When he does the crossover he makes his defender think he is going one way, but in all actuality, Jamal Crawford goes the other way. His crossover dribble basketball move works a lot of the time, but not all the time.

Douglas loves to make stupid posts. When he posts, the posts are stupid.

Cracka2HI!
11-09-2012, 05:31 AM
When the Clippers signed him I thought it was a boom or bust signing. The closer it got to the season I started to think...man we got J-Crossover and all we need him to do is dribble and shoot, and pass if he wants to. Which sometimes he does. This is the perfect role for him. I think he will continue to play at this level. He obviously won't shoot over 50% but I'd be surprised if he shoots under 44%. I think he has a good chance to have his best season as far as efficiency goes.

I started thinking this a while ago. Started a thread in the Clipper forum about him...where a thread like this belongs. I don't blame CF86 for only posting here since there is no Clippers forum, but c'mon CF...help me out man!! Here's the thread I made.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?t=757478&highlight=is+anyone+getting+excited+about+Crawford

Cracka2HI!
11-09-2012, 05:37 AM
I also remember how everyone dissed the Clippers for the 4 year contract. Now it looks like possibly the best contract in the league. Last 2 years are partially guaranteed for $1.5 mil in case he gets hurt or loses his game. He got in the best shape of his career because he thought it was first time he needed to work on his game! That was after he got paid!! He looks like he has 4 years left easily! He's locked up 3 more year after this one for $5.5 mil per. Great Fn contract!!

NYKnicksAllDay
11-09-2012, 05:41 AM

Dude, dougie's posts are awesome. WTF are you talkin' about?

RLundi
11-09-2012, 05:50 AM

You've really fallen off recently. Why is this so long?? I guess the ride is over. Retire while you still have your dignity.

Ebbs
11-09-2012, 05:54 AM
He's always been a fun player to watch

Losoway
11-09-2012, 06:04 AM
he is balling out of his mind this year i think he is just happy to be in LA

KingPosey
11-09-2012, 06:50 AM

meh....:yawn:

The1_Who_knocks
11-09-2012, 07:15 AM
Yea he won't make it a full season

Kashmir13579
11-09-2012, 07:46 AM
I called it.

BklynKnicks3
11-09-2012, 10:16 AM
has been my fav player along with melo and kobe for like 8 years actually watched him at michgan. He is nasty player that has had bad luck as far as situations he has been in. Was asked to do to much and didnt have good teams around him in Chi and NY. In ATL he was a great 6th man but if u take joe johnson of that team and start Jamal He would avg 25 a game sorrounded by great finishers. Now he got the 6th man rep so that all he will be. I have always said he is about 20lbs away from being a superstar and is the most cold blooded player in the nba who is not a superstar

SteBO
11-09-2012, 10:34 AM
He's a very good player coming off the bench, but to the OP, if you really believe that anyone thought Jamal Crawford being an impactful player was a fluke, then you haven't been reading through this forum often.

NYJ - NYY
11-09-2012, 10:35 AM

stupid is as stupid does

thenaj17
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Yeh he's playing great at the moment but this isn't unexpected.

He was number 1 on my list for bench signings for Lakers but we don't do bench players...

JiffyMix88
11-09-2012, 01:12 PM

I agree when most people are laughing at it i just dont see it and wonder if they got kids cause thats how he sounds like 6th grader presenting his hobby to the class and how it works...lame

sep11ie
11-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I actually thought douglas's crossover was pretty damn funny.

John Walls Era
11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Dude, dougie's posts are awesome. WTF are you talkin' about?

1/20 times its funny. THis is the format everytime: [Someone is something]. [Something is that someone].

Hilarious...............

I agree when most people are laughing at it i just dont see it and wonder if they got kids cause thats how he sounds like 6th grader presenting his hobby to the class and how it works...lame

Ive never seen him post anything other than that gibberish.

DoMeFavors
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
way better than Nick Young but Odom isnt better than Mo Williams

and Ryan Hollins and Turiaf arent better than Kmart and Reggie

Pluvious
11-09-2012, 01:27 PM
1/20 times its funny. THis is the format everytime: [Someone is something]. [Something is that someone].

Hilarious...............

Ive never seen him post anything other than that gibberish.

So he's posting something he finds funny and others might and its not hurting anyone and you are posting that you think he's stupid. Which post brings more to the forum?

Personally I prefer people trying to do something and less people saying that is dumb. Which means my post is bad!! :speechless: :(

SteBO
11-09-2012, 01:30 PM

Considering they lacked versatility off their bench, I think Odom is a better fit for them than Mo, but I agree with you that Ryan Hollins and Ronnie Turiaf are downgrades from Kenyon Martin and Reggie Evans. The physicality the Clippers got from those two guys in particular is what got them over the hump last year in Round 1, but we'll see. The bench is deeper this year though.

xxplayerxx23
11-09-2012, 01:33 PM
Love Crawford. One of my favorite players since his knick days. His shake and bake is so :drool: material. His Fg% will go down but I wouldnt be shocked to see him score 18-20 PPG.

rapjuicer06
11-09-2012, 01:44 PM
You guys are being mean to dougie :(

But I love Crawfords game. Guys a friggin' stud. If he was with Orlando the past few years, he could have been the guy to put them over the top for sure

TheNumber37
11-09-2012, 02:00 PM
what happens when billups comes back though.

Chronz
11-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Heres hoping the other 2 gambles pay off, Odom hasn't but Craw has been brilliant. All Grant Hill has to do is not suck or if Billups plays well Id be willing to play small with Craw at the 3, whatever it takes to get Butler off the floor.

MrfadeawayJB
11-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I'm not sure i've heard anyone say he was a fluke. Crawford has been a very good 6th man for a long time. Any team can value that. Obviously the %'s wont be that high all season, but he will defintily have a impact

Lakers + Giants
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM

You've really fallen off recently. Why is this so long?? I guess the ride is over. Retire while you still have your dignity.

stupid is as stupid does

meh....:yawn:

Guess i'm not the only one that isn't amused.

Shlumpledink
11-09-2012, 02:58 PM
To think, how good would his career have been if he practiced shooting the whole time?

dee279
11-09-2012, 03:29 PM
I actually thought douglas's crossover was pretty damn funny.

I actually laughed my damn self.

Cracka2HI!
11-09-2012, 07:12 PM

UHHHH WTF is this supposed to mean? Crawford replaced Mo in the lineup. Odom and Mo are not related at all other than they were traded for each other. Crawford replaced Mo, Grant Hill and Barnes replaced Young and Odom, Tufiaf and Hollins are replacing Martin and Evans. Martin and Evans had HUGE holes in the their games(FT shooting, offense) and while Odom is struggling now I will still take our bigs over last years. So yea just a bad and uninformed post all the way around.

Clippersfan86
11-15-2012, 02:03 AM
:clap: 6 straight 20+ point games on great efficiency. Clearly outplayed Ray Allen tonight. Glad we signed him, not Allen.

mikekhelxD
11-15-2012, 02:05 AM
He better keep it up. I'm doing great so far with fantasy because of him. Haha

Greedy22
11-15-2012, 02:14 AM

You missed his gem in the Royce White thread I assume?

Missing56&33
11-15-2012, 02:33 AM
Jamal Crawford will eventually have to play some damn defense.

Hes great when hes on but some shots he take will make you scratch your head til it bleeds.

QueensG_718
11-15-2012, 02:43 AM
His handle rediculous...and 1 hotsauce status

AddiX
11-15-2012, 02:46 AM
As w Knicks fan, I've always rooted for him, hes one of the good guys.

JRisdabest
11-15-2012, 02:55 AM
hes a baller and a good guy.

Jenceman
11-15-2012, 04:01 AM
hes a baller and a good guy.

Woot woot Norwalk!

Clippersfan86
11-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Crawford had 17 in 10 minutes tonight in the first half so far.

Clippersfan86
11-17-2012, 11:55 PM
22 points early in 4th.

greg_ory_2005
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Just go fap off to him while you're at it.

xxplayerxx23
11-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Fap off to Crawford :drool:

MrfadeawayJB
11-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Just go fap off to him while you're at it.

Fap off to Crawford :drool:

:laugh2:

DreamShaker
11-18-2012, 12:32 AM
Clips have the luxury of having a number of guys that can get a hot hand. So his negatives don't bog them down as much, and his positives can really help them out. Love the depth of this Clippers team.

#knickstape
11-18-2012, 02:55 AM
Crawford is the ****ing man!!

Clippersfan86
11-18-2012, 03:15 AM
Jamal Crawford is now shooting 52.2% overall and 44% on 3-pointers and leads Clippers at 20.7 ppg.

This is in 9 games. :clap:

lakers4sho
11-18-2012, 04:03 AM
might as well have a thread for every clipper player in the nba forum :rolleyes:

kylem4711
11-18-2012, 04:48 AM
stop being a terrible and annoying clippers fan.

DreamShaker
11-18-2012, 05:03 AM
might as well have a thread for every clipper player in the nba forum :rolleyes:

I'm personally geeked for the Willie Green thread.

Method28
11-18-2012, 05:17 AM
I'm personally geeked for the Willie Green thread.

:clap: my ***** Cold Blooded Willie G!!!

Over Da Pence
11-18-2012, 07:12 AM
When is it no longer a fluke but rather the fact that he's on a very dangerous team and is a perfect fit? Averaging 23 ppg this year on more than 51 percent shooting from the field off the bench after 6 games. He's singlehandedly outscored the opposing teams ENTIRE bench in 3 games this year.

clippersfan you're on this site?!!!!! I love you!!!!! Do you know who I am??

Over Da Pence
11-18-2012, 11:34 PM
bump

WAYNEBO
11-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Really wished he woulda signed with NYK before last year when we was deciding between the Blazers and Knicks. I'm happy with JR's defense, assists and board production this year, but he still has poor shot selection. While Jamal has been compared to JR, he seems to have matured over the years.

Clippersfan86
11-19-2012, 02:34 AM
clippersfan you're on this site?!!!!! I love you!!!!! Do you know who I am??

Who are you? :)

Cracka2HI!
11-19-2012, 03:46 AM
I was at the game last night vs the Bulls and Crawford was crazy! He makes so many "bad" shots. He bails the team out of bad possesion so many times!

Blitzace137
11-19-2012, 12:39 PM
J. Crossover killing it in LA 6th man of the year for sure. Always wanted him or Wilson Chandler back with NY over JR.

Clippersfan86
11-19-2012, 12:43 PM
J. Crossover killing it in LA 6th man of the year for sure. Always wanted him or Wilson Chandler back with NY over JR.

Hey your consolation prize is killing it too (JR). Both are the leading guys for 6th man of the year. JR has been a bit more all around better but Crawford's scoring has been nuts.

Over Da Pence
11-20-2012, 05:51 AM
Who are you? :)

Clippersfan! THINK THINK!!!

Laker Legend42
11-20-2012, 08:15 AM
It seems to me that the team tap hat has Jamal Crawford will have one of the most productive benches in the league. Then you add Eric Bledsoe to that. This dude should be a starter in this league.

BKLYNpigeon
11-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Jamal Crawford is in Straight Beast mode right now. Its like hes playing NBA Jam. I always liked his game. I cant believe the Warriors let him go for Acie Law..