PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know if this is true regarding HGH?

DodgerBlue8188
11-08-2012, 09:09 PM
I met a former minor league player through a friend this past week. He only played minor league ball a few years but I asked him if he noticed a lot of players using HGH or any other forms when he was playing.

He said a large amount of players use some form of HGH. He said the players that get busted are the ones who test at a higher level and raise the red flag (something along those lines).

The "smart" players are the ones who stay below the level that raises the red flag.

Does anybody know if this sounds true or what?

PurpleJesus
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I could buy that.

Jeffy25
11-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I have no idea about player usage and if minimal usage would be detected or not.

But I'm sure that in 50 years from now, they will laugh at this generation for telling us to not use HGH

lol, please
11-08-2012, 10:15 PM
If you do your research you will find that HGH and many other substances are very common in baseball and other sports. There isn't as much tangible evidence as there are personal accounts about athletes, from other athletes, among other sources, and for obvious reasons. Every now and then I find people claiming that substance use/abuse (performance enhancing or not) isn't common in baseball, and it's always a baseless statement, which I find quite humorous.

Kind of off topic, but so many threads on this site are easily answered through research, it baffles me why anyone would rather make a thread and consider the input of invalid to questionable and uncitable anonymous sources like public forum posters is beyond me. Unless of course, it's done with the sole intention of amusement.

HowFit
11-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Of course the higher the dosage, the higher igf levels will be. Also, whether if hgh is human grade or genetic makes a different as well. Genetic usually not found as potent as the human grade, not to mention could be bunk...

HowFit
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Yes,many pro and college athletes are on hgh, not to mention aas...

iam brett favre
11-09-2012, 01:10 AM
MLB's 1%'ers are the ones that don't use some form of PED's.

Scully in 2012
11-09-2012, 02:08 AM
All PEDs including HGH are medicines designed for a specific use. At prescription level doses they are virtually harmless. When used as a performance enhancer (extra dosage) they build muscle and can have side effects.

The same way one beer every couple of days won't harm you...12 beers a night will likely cause some health issues.

Leandres_sf
11-09-2012, 03:55 AM
Sounds about right.

Yankees90.
11-09-2012, 05:37 AM
I always wondered why MLB doesn't do hair follice tests. I would assume it can be detected no? Maybe someone with more knowledge could help...

If it worked, the test could go back months

KingPosey
11-09-2012, 06:59 AM
He is most likely talking about T counts in the body. You have certain ratios your body produces and if your test count passes a certain threshold, i think its about 4:1 you fail.

With the designer hgh players use, you wont test positive except for within about a 12 hour window of use.

Its having lopsided Test ratios that get you caught, and in some instances like Manny, they catch you by having banned substances like masking agents, or hormone replacements that help get your body back to producing T at its own natural level.

Nomar
11-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Ryan Brauns level was through the roof, guess he didnt get the red flag memo.

thawv
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM
I always wondered why MLB doesn't do hair follice tests. I would assume it can be detected no? Maybe someone with more knowledge could help...

If it worked, the test could go back months

Because of two things. The union won't allow it, and the league really doesn't the world to know how may players are still on something.

Pinstripe pride
11-09-2012, 08:52 AM
probally true

pacofunk64
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Ya i buy it because that was the same thing they said about Lance Armstrong. You have to stay at a certain level. it's when you get careless or greedy you get busted.

Pfeifer
11-09-2012, 12:39 PM
HGH is actually a good thing, but its when people abuse it that there's a problem. I agree with Jeffy, down the road this stuff will be used for all sorts of healing. My brother is on it and has been for a while and it has cured all of his medical issues and he barely gets sick.

HowFit
11-09-2012, 01:03 PM
HGH is actually a good thing, but its when people abuse it that there's a problem. I agree with Jeffy, down the road this stuff will be used for all sorts of healing. My brother is on it and has been for a while and it has cured all of his medical issues and he barely gets sick.

What medical issues are you referring to? Yes, it boost your immune system as well...

Pierzynski4Prez
11-09-2012, 01:19 PM
I'm just waiting for the day that it comes out that Lebron James has been on HGH since he was in high school, along with half the NBA and the entire NFL.

kswissdaf
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Well yea its true, its the same with testerone. The only way you can tell is that there is an elevated amount

kswissdaf
11-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I'm just waiting for the day that it comes out that Lebron James has been on HGH since he was in high school, along with half the NBA and the entire NFL.

You're going to be waiting a long time

TragicallyHip
11-09-2012, 02:11 PM

What medical issues are you referring to? Yes, it boost your immune system as well...

Yes, indeed, I'd like to know what medical issues as well. Then I need to go to my Dr.

TragicallyHip
11-09-2012, 02:15 PM

You're going to be waiting a long time

Bron Bron is definitely on something. You don't get that large through natural strength training.

I don't know how tall his grandparents were but his parents aren't over 5' 8" I don't believe. Obviously that's not the end all be all, but I definitely think ol boy's been on HGH since HS.

pacofunk64
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Bron Bron is definitely on something. You don't get that large through natural strength training.

I don't know how tall his grandparents were but his parents aren't over 5' 8" I don't believe. Obviously that's not the end all be all, but I definitely think ol boy's been on HGH since HS.

Ya not in all cases. For instance my half brother is 6'4" while my step dad is 5'9" and mom is 5'4" but my step dad is the smallest of all is brothers with the other 4 being between 6' and 6'6"

getfoul
11-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Pretty good piece by Verducci.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tom_verducci/11/09/yasmani-grandal-synthetic-testosterone-mlb/index.html?sct=mlb_t11_a0

cardsfan88
11-09-2012, 03:04 PM
Its true. I work with a college team and alot of the players that are drafted come back and say that PED use is rampant through the minor leagues. Its most common seen with the dominican/latino players, but they said that about 80 percent of the players were using.

thefeckcampaign
11-09-2012, 09:06 PM
I have no idea about player usage and if minimal usage would be detected or not.

But I'm sure that in 50 years from now, they will laugh at this generation for telling us to not use HGHWhy is that? Do you think it should be in everyone's diet?

I remember HGH infomercials. It made it sound like it was the fountain of youth.

7chuck7
11-10-2012, 10:40 AM
If you do your research you will find that HGH and many other substances are very common in baseball and other sports. There isn't as much tangible evidence as there are personal accounts about athletes, from other athletes, among other sources, and for obvious reasons. Every now and then I find people claiming that substance use/abuse (performance enhancing or not) isn't common in baseball, and it's always a baseless statement, which I find quite humorous.

Kind of off topic, but so many threads on this site are easily answered through research, it baffles me why anyone would rather make a thread and consider the input of invalid to questionable and uncitable anonymous sources like public forum posters is beyond me. Unless of course, it's done with the sole intention of amusement.

Basically what you wrote is, 'Why would someone open a thread and ask a bunch of idiots like us for our opinions'?

Can't say I disagree. lol