PDA

View Full Version : Dwight Howard comments on Kobe's frustrations.

dh144498
11-08-2012, 06:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/34084/dwight-suggests-kobe-temper-frustrations

I think sometimes as a team we got to be able to not really show our frustrations that much, Howard said after L.A. fell to 1-12 with their preseason record included. A lot of the guys look at me and Kobe and they feed off us, so we have to do a better job of keeping our frustrations on the inside and just playing through it so our teammates wont get down on themselves. So, we just got to do a better job at that.

I know [Kobe] was a little frustrated tonight. He wants to win just as bad as all of us do, but we just got to stay together, remember its a process, and stay focused.

Ebbs
11-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Lol I like how he had to mention him and Kobe in the same breath. I still think they will represent the West. However theyre doing their best to convince me otherwise

Iron24th
11-08-2012, 07:01 PM
A good speech from Dwight.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Wise words. Sometimes though it helps to light a fire under everybody's @$$ to let it out. That said, Kobe could have been a little more productive in his frustration.

xxplayerxx23
11-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Dwight is leaving.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Lol I like how he had to mention him and Kobe in the same breath. I still think they will represent the West. However theyre doing their best to convince me otherwise

He's right to do so. He and Kobe are the leaders of the team. Howard is the best defensive player in the league, and as such has huge responcibilities on his shoulders to produce on the floor and lead the team. Kobe is, perhaps, the team's best offensive player and likewise has to lead them.

It's "Kobe's" team, but they are really co-captains. It's going to come down on both of them if thye do anything less than raise a banner this season.

Dade County
11-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Dwight is leaving.

:laugh2: ( I was thinking this too lmao )

Howard is saying all the right things :clap: I wonder what will happen at the end of the season with him & the Lakers.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Shaq and Kobe fued 2.0 Dwight really is like SHaq

Avenged
11-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Dwight just needs to get use to it. Kobe has always been this type of player and always has had this personality. Time to suck it up, Dwight.

SteBO
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
The frustration on Kobe's face was pretty apparent throughout the Utah game. I can't blame Kobe one bit to be honest with you. I'm aware Steve Nash is hurt, but Kobe right now is playing way too minutes early on, the amount of minutes I'm sure Kobe was certainly looking to avoid. I think they'll be fine, but Kobe's a competitor and patience hasn't always been one Kobe's strong points. It's what makes him great, but it could also be a weakness, which is what Dwight is getting at here.

The goods
11-08-2012, 07:16 PM
Wise words. Sometimes though it helps to light a fire under everybody's @$$ to let it out. That said, Kobe could have been a little more productive in his frustration.

Your Sig is very funny, but I don't know about Georgia being racist.

Bulls_fan90
11-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Does Dallas have any cap space at the end of this season?

b@llhog24
11-08-2012, 07:32 PM
I hate the Lakers as much as the next guy but including their preseason record is stupid.

RLundi
11-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Lol when Kobe punches Dwight square in the mouth.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
I think Lakers will be fine, just its clear as day Dwight doesnt want to be a Laker. He hasnt signed a contract extension, he keeps talking about the Nets. Doesnt seem like he ever wanted to or plans to be a Laker after this season. But thats just me. And losing wont help.

Baller1
11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I hate the Lakers as much as the next guy but including their preseason record is stupid.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing.

nickdymez
11-08-2012, 08:14 PM
I think Lakers will be fine, just its clear as day Dwight doesnt want to be a Laker. He hasnt signed a contract extension, he keeps talking about the Nets. Doesnt seem like he ever wanted to or plans to be a Laker after this season. But thats just me. And losing wont help.

lol

topdog
11-08-2012, 08:15 PM
Does Dallas have any cap space at the end of this season?

Do they have a superstar paired with Dirk :eyebrow: They do not and so yes they have very much capspace this coming off-season.

shep33
11-08-2012, 08:16 PM
Really the only spots he can go are ATL and Dallas

tnewkirk
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
howard never wanted to be a laker, people always forget that. fans thought they're gonna win automatically with the talent they have, but chemistry is just as important.

AddiX
11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Dwight is right.

And truth be told, Kobe has never been a team leader type. You have never seen his teammates look at him or treat him like a leader.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 08:22 PM
Yes Lakers have a good track record but in 3 years when Kobe, Gasol,Metta, Nash are gone and all the stars are still playing with each other who will Dwight play with? thats why he feared going to LA, and Kobe is to serious for him.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2012, 08:43 PM

He's eliblfor more money if he wait until the offseason. Same reason J-Smooth hasn't signed an extension. But yeah... he may leave... who knows, if this $#!T keeps up I can't expect him wanting to stay.

Mr_Jones
11-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Yes Lakers have a good track record but in 3 years when Kobe, Gasol,Metta, Nash are gone and all the stars are still playing with each other who will Dwight play with? thats why he feared going to LA, and Kobe is to serious for him.

Yeah, with those guys leaving, and the Lakers having ALL THAT MONEY, who's gonna wanna play there?

Probably two all stars. I just wish Brook Lopez was available at that time..

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Yeah, with those guys leaving, and the Lakers having ALL THAT MONEY, who's gonna wanna play there?

Probably two all stars. I just wish Brook Lopez was available at that time..

yeah people probably will but all the major stars are signed into their deals for a while and Chris Paul is about to enter a 5 yr deal

mekedubs
11-08-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry, but who the **** does Dwight think he is telling Kobe how to act???!!!! Kobe is used to winning!! Period! You can't come in when u haven't done **** but extra curricular activity as an NBA player like commercials, imitations, all-star appearances and defensive player of the year awards and tell one of the greatest players of all time to "chill out" when you are losing.... It looks like you don't care anything about winning just stats, money and fame... Kobe is a winner plain and simple and losing like this don't sit well with him at all....
I hope Dwight's goofy *** does leave after this season if he's not passionate about winning championships... The Lakers have been succesful before Dwight and will be after he's gone... At least Bynum would knock somebody on their ***...

Zefflin
11-08-2012, 09:34 PM
You have never seen his teammates look at him or treat him like a leader.

Uhh, I have, so many times, when his teammates are all rushing towards him for the million game winners he's hit.

#debunked

Team*Chicago
11-08-2012, 09:35 PM
It looks like Dwight dreams are turning into a nightmare or Dwightmare. He should have made a list of other teams he wanted to go to besides the Nets and Lakers and did a background check of what they are planning on doing and what kind of situation their really in. This reminds me of Ben Gordon that he left an winning team just to be on a losing team except that Ben isn't a star at all.

whitemamba33
11-08-2012, 09:40 PM

The Lakers will always attract top talent, so they'll find someone else.

theheatles
11-08-2012, 09:41 PM
Kobe won't like this one bit. I can't wait for the fireworks!

STL Don
11-08-2012, 09:42 PM
For those bringing up the possibility of him signing elsewhere after this season, I wouldn't be getting your hopes up too high. They've only played 5 games together and 3 of them without Nash. Was everything supposed to click and be perfect from day 1? That doesn't happen.
Their roster has holes in them and it's something as a team they're going to have to work around and find their comfort zone as a unit and figure out how to be the best working together, rather then individually (Nash, Kobe, Gasol, Howard) and they are all, respectively, very smart athletes who know how to play the game very well and eventually will make it work.
Howard is in too good of a situation to let it all go because of a slow start to the season and obviously he must realize that.

STL Don
11-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Kobe won't like this one bit. I can't wait for the fireworks!

At this stage in Kobe's career, he knows better than to open his mouth in such ways that could stir up negative attention towards himself and players on his team.. (more so Dwight Howard)
He realizes deep down that he absolutely needs Dwight and would not of wanted the off-season to turn out any other way because now he has the opportunity to win more titles, which would not of been the case if not for both acquisitions in Dwight & Nash.
#8 most definitely would have though lol

Dade County
11-08-2012, 09:49 PM
It looks like Dwight dreams are turning into a nightmare or Dwightmare. He should have made a list of other teams he wanted to go to besides the Nets and Lakers and did a background check of what they are planning on doing and what kind of situation their really in. This reminds me of Ben Gordon that he left an winning team just to be on a losing team except that Ben isn't a star at all.

He didn't want to be a bull ( Which I think he should of, or joined OKC ), and him having to deal with this, probably makes you happy inside.

ztilzer31
11-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Lol when Kobe punches Dwight square in the mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=py0uKKWIkvo

Kobe can't fight.

C-Style
11-08-2012, 10:20 PM
The frustration on Kobe's face was pretty apparent throughout the Utah game. I can't blame Kobe one bit to be honest with you. I'm aware Steve Nash is hurt, but Kobe right now is playing way too minutes early on, the amount of minutes I'm sure Kobe was certainly looking to avoid. I think they'll be fine, but Kobe's a competitor and patience hasn't always been one Kobe's strong points. It's what makes him great, but it could also be a weakness, which is what Dwight is getting at here.

This, good post

SupeLongRichard
11-08-2012, 10:35 PM
this is one of those quotes where it's clear that the athlete is speaking out of his ***. Who really cares about this?

heyman321
11-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Knicks are back.

Zefflin
11-08-2012, 10:50 PM
this is one of those quotes where it's clear that the athlete is speaking out of his ***. Who really cares about this?

You clearly have no gauge for sincerity...

Oh and who cares? Idk...

The coach, GM, families of who's speaking, fans...

SupeLongRichard
11-08-2012, 10:57 PM
You clearly have no gauge for sincerity...

Oh and who cares? Idk...

The coach, GM, families of who's speaking, fans...

I'm talking about this cliche bs. The only thing I learned from this article is that guys are frustrated. I didn't even need to read the article to know that.

HowFit
11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
At this stage in Kobe's career, he knows better than to open his mouth in such ways that could stir up negative attention towards himself and players on his team.. (more so Dwight Howard)
He realizes deep down that he absolutely needs Dwight and would not of wanted the off-season to turn out any other way because now he has the opportunity to win more titles, which would not of been the case if not for both acquisitions in Dwight & Nash.
#8 most definitely would have though lol

you would think...

Zefflin
11-08-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm talking about this cliche bs. The only thing I learned from this article is that guys are frustrated. I didn't even need to read the article to know that.

What cliche bs are you speaking of??

ink
11-08-2012, 11:48 PM
:laugh2: ( I was thinking this too lmao )

Howard is saying all the right things :clap: I wonder what will happen at the end of the season with him & the Lakers.

He will sign as a free agent and then change his mind. Rinse and repeat.

LA_Raiders
11-09-2012, 12:28 AM
taking ownership of the team

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Dwight needs to understand that Kobe's hard-*** attitude led to 5 championships (a repeat as the unquestioned leader). No current superstar...not LeBron, not Wade, not Dirk, not KD, not Duncan, not Rose, not CP3...no one among current players has been able to lead his team to consecutive titles. Kobe knows what he's doing as a leader by example with his play. Dwight should just follow Kobe's lead without any questions. This is Dwight's time to take notes in class, not trying to teach the class.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
11-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Thing with Dwight is he needs to learn to get through a whole game without smiling and laughing and joking .... when he wore the pants here in orlando that could fly and it was cool but now he is playing second fiddle and Kobe isn't a joker he is a serious mofo ESP during games I could see that pissing Kobe off quick if Dwight dont put he tough guy face on at least for a whole half

AIRMAR72
11-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Dwight just needs to get use to it. Kobe has always been this type of player and always has had this personality. Time to suck it up, Dwight.

yeah FAKE jordan personality that tobe read in A BOOK(jordan rules) as a youngster than add it to his characteristic kobe stink he's a fake leader anyway

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-09-2012, 01:08 AM
yeah FAKE jordan personality that tobe read in A BOOK(jordan rules) as a youngster than add it to his characteristic kobe stink he's a fake leader anyway

Very entertaining post I must say.

Avenged
11-09-2012, 01:09 AM

llullz don't care. He's been pretty damn good for a "fake". Players all over the league should take notes -- if being "fake" brings so much damn success then someone is obviously doing something right. :eyebrow:

The1_Who_knocks
11-09-2012, 01:11 AM
I heard the nets lost by 30 :p anyway good for Dwight

Munkeysuit
11-09-2012, 01:12 AM
DH12 has the right to say what he wants right now, the team is just playing terrible and his teeth are as big as a horses.

WAYNEBO
11-09-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm sorry, but who the **** does Dwight think he is telling Kobe how to act???!!!! Kobe is used to winning!! Period! You can't come in when u haven't done **** but extra curricular activity as an NBA player like commercials, imitations, all-star appearances and defensive player of the year awards and tell one of the greatest players of all time to "chill out" when you are losing.... It looks like you don't care anything about winning just stats, money and fame... Kobe is a winner plain and simple and losing like this don't sit well with him at all....
I hope Dwight's goofy *** does leave after this season if he's not passionate about winning championships... The Lakers have been succesful before Dwight and will be after he's gone... At least Bynum would knock somebody on their ***...

Agreed... I am not a Kobe fan, but he has earned the right to set the tone of his team. It's HIS team, Dwightmare just plays on it. Why does this feel eerily similar to the Mailman/Glove year when we all predicted a cake title??

thenaj17
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Dwight needs to understand that Kobe's hard-*** attitude led to 5 championships (a repeat as the unquestioned leader). No current superstar...not LeBron, not Wade, not Dirk, not KD, not Duncan, not Rose, not CP3...no one among current players has been able to lead his team to consecutive titles. Kobe knows what he's doing as a leader by example with his play. Dwight should just follow Kobe's lead without any questions. This is Dwight's time to take notes in class, not trying to teach the class.

Very much this although he just doesn't have that burning desire to win like the true greats (Kobe, MJ, Bird)

mekedubs
11-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Agreed... I am not a Kobe fan, but he has earned the right to set the tone of his team. It's HIS team, Dwightmare just plays on it. Why does this feel eerily similar to the Mailman/Glove year when we all predicted a cake title??

My thoughts exactly!! That's like Bob McAdoo coming to the Lakers after having a pretty solid career and not winning anything, and after some bad loses telling a very angry Magic Johnson to "chill out"!!!!! That's like Toni Kukoc coming to the Bulls after MJ has already won multiple titles and after some early bad loses telling a very competitive and angry Michael Jordan to "chill out".... If Dwight wants to win A CHAMPIONSHIP, then he needs to develop that same edge that Kobe and all the other greats like Magic, Bird and Jordan got and be PISSED after EVERY loss!

I can remember after Kobe won his 1st championship in 2000, Rick Fox said that the next season Kobe came out and had the mindset to go 82-0!!!! Lol!!
Kobe had worked on his game all that summer and wanted to come out and destroy EVERYBODY!!!! Fast forward to 2012 and he has 5 championships.... 'Nuff said.

sep11ie
11-09-2012, 12:49 PM

Did you do this on purpose?