PDA

View Full Version : Is Mike Brown that bad?

camador22
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Here's a coach who's had a 66 game winning season. He's been to the finals and also won coach of the year for turning around Cleveland with Lebron of course. Laker fans seem to place all the blame on him instead of the players. Kobe seems to be typical chucker, Dwight's still adjusting, MWP sucks and Nash is hurt. Why is it that coaches are always the bad guy. It reminds me when Heat fans wanted Spolestra fired for going 9-8 last year.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
i honestly dont know what to think about the lakers or who to blame lol

ill hold my judgement until the All Star Break ;)

Lakers4life08
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
he is really bad.....against Jazz in the last minute Howard got a rebound and was ready pass to Kobe to shoot fast 3 pointer too close the gap....but Mike Brown called timeout,and offcourse after timeout lakers had to shoot hard shot....

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Didn't he take the Cavs to the finals? Just saying

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Mike Brown was fired from Cleveland for a reason. He ran so many isolation plays and just expect LBJ to carry the offence. He is a great defensive coach.

Last season the Lakers underachieved. With Bynum and Gasol, they should have been able to win it all. Kobe though, is a chucker and Brown just kisses Kobe @$$ and lets him do whatever he wants. Phil Jackson would not let Kobe get away with that $#!T. Brown supplicates to his franchise player. He can't run an offense.

Is Brown the only reason the Lakers are losing right now? No. Kobe chucking up shots doesn't help. Though so far this season Kobe is actually shooting the ball very well, so we can't blame him. He's over .500 from the field right now and over .400 from the arc. Howard is playing hurt and not dominating the ball. Nash is out. But Brown has to work in the bench. The other night, when the Lakers were up by 24 in the 4th, he put his starters in. Why? If Howard or Kobe had been DRosed in garbage minutes Brown would have be fired that night! He should have been gettign Jamison out there and getting him involved. The Lakers need all their best players playing to their full potential.

Brown is not a great coach. He's a hard working guy, goes over tape, great on defense, but he shouldn't be running an offense.

But yeah, he's not the only problem in LA right now, but he IS one of the problems.

Minimal
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
He is the biggest reason Lebron didn't get the ring playing for Cleveland. Yes he is a really awful coach and his 66 win season says nothing good about him. I suggest for Lakers to take a look at David Blatt, i heard he is not coaching now, and looks forward to coach in the NBA. He is a really great coach who can coach the likes of Kobe, Howard and Pau.

3RDASYSTEM
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
This is turning into a VICK/AI situation all over again

AI was sent away from PHI because he wanted team to play 'faster and smaller' and got shown door for it, then got sent out of 'system fit' in DEN to DET to find out he was in similar situation NASH/KOBE(16shots per game?) are in now, and you see how fans are screaming that NASH should be NASH(same i was saying about AI)...AI avg 14shots per in DET

And we all see what REID/MORTY are trying to do with VICK and make him a 'pocket passer only' type QB instead of letting him be VICK ..like REEVES did, go ask FAVRE how that worked out when VICK is VICK, i bet FAVRE was FAVRE from ATL to MINNY right? do i need to mention what he did in GB?

a new coach, a new def. system, a new off. system a new center and a new pg and a shooting guard who took 23shots last yr only taking 16, thats a recipe for probs, not to mention no offseason/preseason chemistry

gotta give'em to latest allstar break and then let the emotions fly, lakerland

As a coach/gm you always put player in position to succeeed, not make him succumb to some dumb offense that doesnt fit players strengths....

AI also dealt with that bum princeton offense in his 2nd PHI stint under the man running the lakeshow sets...E.JORDAN

dh144498
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
Mike Brown was fired from Cleveland for a reason. He ran so many isolation plays and just expect LBJ to carry the offence. He is a great defensive coach.

Last season the Lakers underachieved. With Bynum and Gasol, they should have been able to win it all. Kobe though, is a chucker and Brown just kisses Kobe @$$ and lets him do whatever he wants. Phil Jackson would not let Kobe get away with that $#!T. Brown supplicates to his franchise player. He can't run an offense.

Is Brown the only reason the Lakers are losing right now? No. Kobe chucking up shots doesn't help. Though so far this season Kobe is actually shooting the ball very well, so we can't blame him. He's over .500 from the field right now and over .400 from the arc. Howard is playing hurt and not dominating the ball. Nash is out. But Brown has to work in the bench. The other night, when the Lakers were up by 24 in the 4th, he put his starters in. Why? If Howard or Kobe had been DRosed in garbage minutes Brown would have be fired that night! He should have been gettign Jamison out there and getting him involved. The Lakers need all their best players playing to their full potential.

Brown is not a great coach. He's a hard working guy, goes over tape, great on defense, but he shouldn't be running an offense.

But yeah, he's not the only problem in LA right now, but he IS one of the problems.

too bad Lakers were (in 2011)/are a 1st round exit at best without Kobe.

Lakers4life08
He is the biggest reason Lebron didn't get the ring playing for Cleveland. Yes he is a really awful coach and his 66 win season says nothing good about him. I suggest for Lakers to take a look at David Blatt, i heard he is not coaching now, and looks forward to coach in the NBA. He is a really great coach who can coach the likes of Kobe, Howard and Pau.

Blatt is really good coach and he is from America,he coaching Maccabi...he just resigned from Russia national team

still1ballin
He ****ing sucks! PERIOD!

uncleben989
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM
its not onlymike browns fault , thats a boat load of penis...kobe offense-for-himself bryant needs to learn to be a better playmaker

mamba24
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
i am for sure in the minority as a lakers fan, but i dont place all the blame on mike brown... Some, yes... All, no... Anyone who thinks Kobe has been chucking this year hasnt watched. Kobe has played really well and really smart. Shooting almost 60% from the field so far. The problem with the players is that there is 0 effort. They seem to think teams will just let them win cuz theyre the lakers. The problem with mike brown is he doesnt know how to use his players. His rotations are terrible. How darius morris even made this team is beyond me. I know duhon isnt all that good, but he is waaaaaay better than morris. All in all... Id say its 50% mike brown and 50% the players

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Here's a coach who's had a 66 game winning season. He's been to the finals and also won coach of the year for turning around Cleveland with Lebron of course. Laker fans seem to place all the blame on him instead of the players. Kobe seems to be typical chucker, Dwight's still adjusting, MWP sucks and Nash is hurt. Why is it that coaches are always the bad guy. It reminds me when Heat fans wanted Spolestra fired for going 9-8 last year.

Yep Kobe is chucking alright averaging 16.8 fga per night and shooting .56pct from the field.:facepalm: The players do take a lot of blame, however when the coach is using the wrong system that does NOT compliment his roster, still doesn't have a set rotation off of the bench, makes zero in game adjustments; well then the coach is going to be on the hot seat and get most of the blame. Mike Brown is an average coach at best and is NOT the right coach for this team. I said this last year and I was willing to give him a full training camp and preseason to implement a system and get this team in the right direction and he's failing miserably. The players aren't buying into what he is saying and it shows on the court. Even former players like Barkley, Shaq, Worthy, Magic and Kenny Smith are publicly questioning Brown's coaching.

justinnum1
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
mitch and the la front office just as bad for keeping this guy

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
mitch and the la front office just as bad for keeping this guy

True the front office gets a lot of blame for keeping him as he's clearly in over his head.

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 01:20 PM
There are a myriad of problems when it comes to Brown and his lack of coaching guys to be successful on the court. As a coach, you have to understand your players and put them in a position to succeed. He isn't utilizing Gasol properly, he doesn't utilize Dwight properly, he refuses to play one of the only shooters we have in Jodie Meeks. He has D-League players like Darius Morris getting significant mins. .. He hasn't developed his bench as Jamison and Meeks are averaging a combined 5 shots a game, run plays to get them going. Brown's coaching is horrific. At some point, you have to take a look at what you are doing as a coach and say, I need to change things.

Lakers + Giants
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Lebron is the only reason Mike Brown is even relevant.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
This reminds me of when everyone thought Spoelstra was the worst coach alive. Then the Heat started playing team ball, and now Spoelstra is a Championship coach. Give it some time.

heyman321
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM

Lebron James took the cavs to the Finals not Mike Brown.

dh144498
11-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Lebron James took the cavs to the Finals not Mike Brown.

wrong, the weak East took the Cavs to the finals.

Stinkyoutsider
Princeton offense. That's why the Lakers are struggling. The players will need to take more time to adjust to running it. I'm not quite sure it fits the personnel on this team? I would have rather the offense be a basic pick and roll system with Nash running it and Gasol and Howard.

That and I think they've had big changes in the team this year which will take more time to adjust to. Howard and Nash coming to the team and having on of your best bench players in Jamison, it's going to take a while for them to get with the program.

Took the Heat a while to figure it out when they added James and Bosh, and it will take the Lakers time to adjust to Howard and Nash. Honestly, with them having Howard, Kobe, and a good trail player in Gasol, I think they should be playing more up tempo anyways...

PleaseBeNice
Lakers fans, time to play the blame game!

shep33
11-08-2012, 01:52 PM
If someone told me that Kobe was averaging 27 ppg, on 56% shooting from the field, 43% from 3 and 92% from the line over the first 5 games, I'd probably say the Lakers would be undefeated.

Mike Brown is a horrendous coach. His rotations are absolutely brutal, he hasn't prepared the team offensively or defensively, he plays his starters way too long, and he doesn't utilize the strengths of his players.

You have the best P&R pg in recent history, possibly the most skilled big man in Pau, and the best P&R center in the NBA. Yet he refuses to go P&R, gives the ball to Pau at the 3 point line, and doesn't want to play at a faster pace.

dh144498
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
get rid of that ivey league offense and just let the big 4 do their thing.

naps
11-08-2012, 02:01 PM
You know how bad a coach sucks when Kobe lead the league in shots (42% FG) 34 when you have two of the most skilled bigs in the league on your roster. That says a lot. The guy spends more time on kissing Kobe's *** than than actually figuring out how to use such a loaded group of stars. Thanks to great LeBron for those regular season wins and COY award.

Bravo95
11-08-2012, 02:01 PM
Bad defense and no depth.

Only 5 games in and Brown will eventually take the fall, but Kupchak's getting a pass when he's the one who put together such a weak bench (again). Can't make a run without depth in almost any sport, starters will burn out.

ManningToTyree
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
LeBron took that Cavs team to the finals on his back. Brown got too much credit for that and has been riding it ever since. He is an average coach.

Money_23
11-08-2012, 02:06 PM
You know how bad a coach sucks when Kobe lead the league in shots (42% FG) 34 when you have two of the most skilled bigs in the league on your roster. That says a lot. The guy spends more time on kissing Kobe's *** than than actually figuring out how to use such a loaded group of stars. Thanks to great LeBron for those regular season wins and COY award.

Kobe's shooting 56%FG and 68%TS right now, at least get your facts right.

camador22
11-08-2012, 02:07 PM
LeBron took that Cavs team to the finals on his back. Brown got too much credit for that and has been riding it ever since. He is an average coach.

So why can't Kobe, Dwight , And Gasol do the same? Are you saying Lebron is better than all of them combined

netsgiantsyanks
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM

correction:lebron took the cavs to the finals.

Money_23
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
correction:lebron took the cavs to the finals.

Eastern conference.

DanG
11-08-2012, 02:14 PM
Let Nash be Nash. Let him do those pick and rolls with Pau and Dwight. Let him Push the ball and find those open shooters.

We need a new rotation.

Nash 30 Blake 15
Kobe 34 Meeks 13
MWP 32 Ebanks 12
Pau 34 Jamison 17
Dwight 36 Hill 18

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM

What stats are you looking at? Kobe is shooting 56 pct from the field and only putting up 16 shots a night. What the hell are you talking about?

kbtwofour
11-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Bad defense and no depth.

Only 5 games in and Brown will eventually take the fall, but Kupchak's getting a pass when he's the one who put together such a weak bench (again). Can't make a run without depth in almost any sport, starters will burn out.

A couple of free agents did not come to LA because of Mike Brown.

What's the point of having a bench when you don't use it? Mike Brown would rather play his starters 40 mins a game then to play his bench.

This is how you know people are not watching LAL games. A role player needs to know what his role is and what his team expects from him. You can't keep changing a player's role every other week.

How does Meeks go from being Kobe's primary backup to sitting on the bench and not playing? Let's see... Meeks was Kobe's first back up, then it was EBanks, and now it's Ron. So the Lakers wasted 3 million dollars for one of the best 3 point shooters in the league to sit on the bench.

He needs to stop playing people out of their natural position. Ebanks is not a 2, Blake is not a 2, Jamison is not a 3, etc.

Don't forget what he did to Sessions last season. Look at what he is doing with the Bobcats when he is allowed to play his game.

PPG - 16.7
RPG - 3.00
APG -6.0
EFF - + 17.33

A very good coach will modify his system to get the best out of his players and not force his system onto the team.

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 02:19 PM

What's the point of having a bench when you don't use it? Mike Brown would rather play his starters 40 mins a game then to play his bench.

This is how you know people are not watching LAL games. A role player needs to know what his role is and what his team expects from him. You can't keep changing a player's role every other week.

How does Meeks go from being Kobe's primary backup to sitting on the bench and not playing? Let's see... Meeks was Kobe's first back up, then it was EBanks, and now it's Ron. So the Lakers wasted 3 million dollars for one of the best 3 point shooters in the league to sit on the bench.

He needs to stop playing people out of their natural position. Ebanks is not a 2, Blake is not a 2, Jamison is not a 3, etc.

Don't forget what he did to Sessions last season. Look at what he is doing with the Bobcats when he is allowed to play his game.

PPG - 16.7
RPG - 3.00
APG -6.0
EFF - + 17.33

A very good coach will modify his system to get the best out of his players and not force his system onto the team.

:clap:

Byronicle
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM

you mean didn't Lebron take the Cavs to the finals?

their offense was all Lebron

naps
11-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Kobe's shooting 56%FG and 68%TS right now, at least get your facts right.

Or may be you just started following the NBA since this off-season. You clearly didn't know basketball in America last year.

naps
11-08-2012, 02:32 PM
What stats are you looking at? Kobe is shooting 56 pct from the field and only putting up 16 shots a night. What the hell are you talking about?

You don't know what happped last year. Follow your team more closely.

Money_23
11-08-2012, 02:33 PM
Or may be you just started following the NBA since this off-season. You clearly didn't know basketball in America last year.

last year has to do with the current situation how? Insult me all you want, you didn't make a good case for what you were trying to say or how it relates to this thread.
-"is Mike Brown that bad?"
-"Kobe shot 43 percent last year."
what?

JabberJaw
11-08-2012, 02:34 PM
The responses in this thread tell you who actually watches games and who just try to use the common responses of others. Kobe is hardly a chucke, this season. In past seasons you could say he was but his fg attempts are down and he's been shooting at an extremely high %. There are so many new pieces to this puzzle and it won't fit right away. It's not ALL Browns fault but he's showing serious struggles with how to handle this team. Nash is out and hasn't adjusted to life without dominating the rock. Dwight is just coming back. Jamison hasn't found his role yet. It's 5 games into the season. "Chicken little" fans, that think the sky is falling, and hAters seem to collaborate in droves on this site like no other. The responses are so crazy sometimes. Entertaining but so wild.

JabberJaw
11-08-2012, 02:37 PM

PPG - 16.7
RPG - 3.00
APG -6.0
EFF - + 17.33

Well said my friend

Money_23
11-08-2012, 02:38 PM
The responses in this thread tell you who actually watches games and who just try to use the common responses of others. Kobe is hardly a chucke, this season. In past seasons you could say he was but his fg attempts are down and he's been shooting at an extremely high %. There are so many new pieces to this puzzle and it won't fit right away. It's not ALL Browns fault but he's showing serious struggles with how to handle this team. Nash is out and hasn't adjusted to life without dominating the rock. Dwight is just coming back. Jamison hasn't found his role yet. It's 5 games into the season. "Chicken little" fans, that think the sky is falling, and hAters seem to collaborate in droves on this site like no other. The responses are so crazy sometimes. Entertaining but so wild.

great post. good thing this forum isn't infested with people like naps. there is some sense and logic around still.

Avenged
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM

llullz you obviously have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

heyman321
11-08-2012, 02:40 PM
wrong, the weak East took the Cavs to the finals.

Wrong. You think Mike Brown took them past the Pistons? Lol. Lebron single handedly won that series.

naps
11-08-2012, 02:41 PM
last year has to do with the current situation how? Insult me all you want, you didn't make a good case for what you were trying to say or how it relates to this thread.
-"is Mike Brown that bad?"
-"Kobe shot 43 percent last year."
what?

Because the same guy was coaching the team last year. WoW such a hard logic:rolleyes: I guess I am smarter to realize how bad brown is years ago.

Wes_Craven
11-08-2012, 02:42 PM

PPG - 16.7
RPG - 3.00
APG -6.0
EFF - + 17.33

^^This

Money_23
11-08-2012, 02:48 PM
Wrong. You think Mike Brown took them past the Pistons? Lol. Lebron single handedly won that series.

The east was pretty bad back then. He singlehandedly won games 3 and 5 in that detroit series. Other than that, what happened in game 6, which the Cavs won, when he went 20 points at 27%FG? The other competitions he faced were the Wizards and the Nets......

Yes, Mike didn't take anyone to anywhere. But people overrate the fact that Lebron singlehandedly carried the Cavs that year. He did carry them since he was the best player on that team, but considering the competition he faced in the East, it wasn't a hard task to get to the finals.

JiffyMix88
11-08-2012, 02:51 PM

No that was LeBron

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 02:53 PM
You don't know what happped last year. Follow your team more closely.

Trust me, I know exactly what is going on in lakerland. How does his shooting pct from last year apply to what we are talking about today? This is the most efficient I have see Kobe play in years....... Last year is over and done with it. This is a new season, new players and a new system.

ewmania
11-08-2012, 02:54 PM
well dantoni won 60+ games over in PHX... came here and sucked balls

I guess it depends on the players you have

but I personally dont think he can coach these type of players with his system

lakers should be more of a pushing offensive team like the 80's lakers were... 80s lakers had the PG for it and so does this lakers team

Money_23
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
Because the same guy was coaching the team last year. WoW such a hard logic:rolleyes: I guess I am smarter to realize how bad brown is years ago.

such irrelevancy. You made the connection that Mike Brown was the coach last year as well, aren't you proud? But your logic is far from competent because you have yet to realize that last year =/= this year.
Complete roster change.
Kobe taking only 17 shots a game vs 23 last year.
He's also shooting 56% vs 43%.
He's also distributing alot more.

Tell me why last year's Kobe is relevant to what Mike Brown is currently doing? You need to use your brain.

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 02:57 PM

Who was the coach thou?

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 02:58 PM
No that was LeBron

Who was coaching him?

justinnum1
11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
:facepalm:

JoeDirt05
11-08-2012, 03:08 PM
It ain't browns fault this laker team is overrated

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
It ain't browns fault this laker team is overrated

The Princeton offense is also overrated

P Harvy
11-08-2012, 03:09 PM
He had a 66 game winning season because he had a man named LeBron James. It's amazing that LeBron is basically better than a Kobe-Dwight-Pau-Nash core all together.

Diabolical
11-08-2012, 03:11 PM
He ****ing sucks! PERIOD!

Nice sig.

Diabolical
He had a 66 game winning season because he had a man named LeBron James. It's amazing that LeBron is basically better than a Kobe-Dwight-Pau-Nash core all together.

Good point.

naps
such irrelevancy. You made the connection that Mike Brown was the coach last year as well, aren't you proud? But your logic is far from competent because you have yet to realize that last year =/= this year.
Complete roster change.
Kobe taking only 17 shots a game vs 23 last year.
He's also shooting 56% vs 43%.
He's also distributing alot more.

Tell me why last year's Kobe is relevant to what Mike Brown is currently doing? You need to use your brain.

Trust me, I know exactly what is going on in lakerland. How does his shooting pct from last year apply to what we are talking about today? This is the most efficient I have see Kobe play in years....... Last year is over and done with it. This is a new season, new players and a new system.

Jesus! Why do Kobe fans take offense and look so cute? I said "You know how a bad a coach is when he lets his 34 year old inefficient (42%) guard take 23 shots a game to lead the league in shot attempts while you still have two of the most skilled big in the league in Gasol and Bynum." How is this so hard to understand? I knew it last year while most of you are crying NOW. And did Brown just become a bad coach this year? Why wouldn't last year matter? He's the same coach he was last year. He didn't get worse all of a sudden. I clearly remember him saying how he was so lucky because Kobe let him coach Kobe. I mean how the hell on earth do expect your franchise player's respect when his coach says stuff like this. He basically became Kobe's toy right at that moment if not before. So once again I was using last as an example how bad of a coach Brown has always been. I hope your feelings are not hurt anymore.

justinnum1
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM

lmao! true.

^and giantsfan is going to treat that win over the heat like it was game 7 of the finals :laugh:

time to stop blaming brown and start blaming the lakers front office. Bunch of idiots for thinking brown is the right guy to coach the team. lakers fans treat their front office like royalty because they got dwight and nash, but they also have mike brown coaching the team. It's like buying a ferrari and putting the engine of a civic in it :laugh2:

Diabolical
11-08-2012, 03:12 PM
No that was LeBron

I think he meant "coached"...

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM

So he wasn't responsible of making them a top defensive team? Actually had a winning record when they played without James.

It's funny how when the teams win, it's the cause of the players. When teams lose, it's the coach fault. Nice logic

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 03:15 PM
And it's funny how they say he had Lebron...okay he has Kobe and Dwight, why aren't the result the same? It's 50-50 guys. You can't always blame the coach, the players are at fault as well

P Harvy
11-08-2012, 03:15 PM
So he wasn't responsible of making them a top defensive team? Actually had a winning record when they played without James.

It's funny how when the teams win, it's the cause of the players. When teams lose, it's the coach fault. Nice logic

Why did they never win a title in Cleveland? Cause Mike Brown kept a finger up his butthole 24/7.

It's easy to be the best defensive team in the league when you have the GOAT

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Why did they never win a title in Cleveland? Cause Mike Brown kept a finger up his butthole 24/7.

It's easy to be the best defensive team in the league when you have the GOAT

So why hasn't Kobe won without Phill?

Why hasn't Jordan won without Phil?

The coach plays a part as well, plus they went against the Spurs. And the Cavs team was out match in almost every position

The goods
11-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Yep Kobe is chucking alright averaging 16.8 fga per night and shooting .56pct from the field.:facepalm: The players do take a lot of blame, however when the coach is using the wrong system that does NOT compliment his roster, still doesn't have a set rotation off of the bench, makes zero in game adjustments; well then the coach is going to be on the hot seat and get most of the blame. Mike Brown is an average coach at best and is NOT the right coach for this team. I said this last year and I was willing to give him a full training camp and preseason to implement a system and get this team in the right direction and he's failing miserably. The players aren't buying into what he is saying and it shows on the court. Even former players like Barkley, Shaq, Worthy, Magic and Kenny Smith are publicly questioning Brown's coaching.

Got em.

Lakerfan In NY
11-08-2012, 03:25 PM
A couple of free agents did not come to LA because of Mike Brown. You make alot of good points but that's not how the season has played out. Not sure what FA you are talking about. The fact is the Lakers have a 100 Million dollar salary & good FA were not gonna take Vet mini or bi level. Top level FA weren't coming unless via a trade

What's the point of having a bench when you don't use it? Using our bench is the problem. So he trying to find a rotation that will work. Our bench hasn't been held accountable for bad play for yrs. They have no identity. They arent a good scoring bench or a defensive minded bench , they don't hustle. They aren't scrappy. They are a bad connection of players with subpar talent. I don't care what coach you put in. They aren't gonna win with this bench. I would love to see J Sloan run a P&R offense with no shooters to keep the floor spread. He would re-retire 4 games in

Mike Brown would rather play his starters 40 mins a game then to play his bench. I don't think so but if your up by 36 & you put in your bench & in 2 min time your lead is down to 20 playing the worst team in the nba. that would make anyone think about extented minutes

This is how you know people are not watching LAL games. A role player needs to know what his role is and what his team expects from him. You can't keep changing a player's role every other week. The problem isnt role but doing what your suppose to do in that given your role. DH12/Gasol is suppose to rebound & anchor the defense. where is that? I saw Gasol shoot a 3 last night. When did he become a 3 point shooter? & i understand that he more at the foul line area in the offense but your suppose to go to the basket after a shot not stand and watch it. Everyone has a role but no one is excuting it. At some point you have to hold the players accountable for simple things that can't be coach like hustle & heart which they aren't showing right now.

How does Meeks go from being Kobe's primary backup to sitting on the bench and not playing? Let's see... Meeks was Kobe's first back up, then it was EBanks, and now it's Ron. So the Lakers wasted 3 million dollars for one of the best 3 point shooters in the league to sit on the bench. Meeks one of the best 3 pointer shooters in the league? Ok? Clearly if you believe than you must agree he hasn't played to that. All thru preseason & 1st few games. He's a no show offensively & defensive...don't get me started.

He needs to stop playing people out of their natural position. Ebanks is not a 2, Blake is not a 2, Jamison is not a 3, etc. Again, another problem, Ebanks isn't a good SF, so got to try him somewhere else. Blake is a bad PG, so move him to the 2 & see if he can find his stroke. Take some pressure off him & hopefully we will start to do what comes naturally. Jamison isn't a 4 either. His a hyrid player. Always has been, not big enough to play 4, not fast enough to play 3, but he could score but he hasn't been doing that. You play the hand you were dealt. our bench is a bad hand, with no leader off of it.

Don't forget what he did to Sessions last season. Look at what he is doing with the Bobcats when he is allowed to play his game. He plays for the bobcats. Enough said

PPG - 16.7
RPG - 3.00
APG -6.0
EFF - + 17.33

I disagree. A good coach uses his own system & instill the knowlegde of how it works & gets his players to bide into it. I don't remember any coach changing his system to fit a player. In the NBA anyway

Me in bold

championships
11-08-2012, 03:41 PM
Congrats on that win. To bad it means absolutely nothing :laugh2:

Congrats on the loss, too bad it means you got ya *** whooped :laugh:Maybe you should reserve your **** talking for when the Knicks actually win a play-off game. I know your excited about your little win streak cause your not used to it . It was nice for me to see the heat get whooped too but C'Mon man... just sayin

diu9leilomo
11-08-2012, 03:53 PM
YES HE SUCKS, the only reason he had a 66 win season is lebron, replace him with rick carlse the lakers might win it all

blahblahyoutoo
11-08-2012, 04:48 PM

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but it was Lebron who carried the team.
Just saying.

Hawkeye15
11-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Brown is better suited as a lead defensive assistant. He has absolutely no clue what to do offensively. He knows how to run and defense, and was gifted arguably the greatest isolation scorer/passer combination in history in a weak conference is the only reason he survived and was able to reach those win totals.

Lakersfan2483
11-08-2012, 05:11 PM
This is nothing new with Brown, people used to call him out in Cleveland because of his lack of creativity on offense and his inability to make proper in game adjustments during the postseason. He gets out-coached when he goes up against the better coaches in the league.

jam
11-08-2012, 05:13 PM
In between his bouts of cocaine and prostitutes, Jim Buss is going to have to weigh the following:

1. is he willing to eat the entirety of Brown's contract a week into the season? Almost certainly not.

2. Is he willing to take the blow to his ego for admitting he was wrong in overriding Kup and hiring Brown? Not right away.

3. Is he going to ride this out for as long as possible until there is a near insurrection by the players? Yes!

Verdict: Buss fires Brown at season's end. But not until he's gone through a mountain of cocaine and prostitutes.

Bishnoff
11-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I've always thought that he was the problem in Cleveland, not LeBron's "terrible" supporting cast (which is always blamed).

He has no idea how to best utilise his players, thatís for sure. Let Nash coach offense and bring in a defensive specialist to worry about defense.

keetyweedy
11-08-2012, 05:40 PM
I always felt like Mike brown was overrated, just my opinion tho he's good defensively but offense wise? Horrible!!!!

Iron24th
11-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes he is that bad.

Spoestra and Scott Brooks are great compared to him.

LakersOrNothing
11-08-2012, 07:36 PM
It's just a game guys.. Lets all round up and embrace one another.

Mike Brown will be the 2012 COY, Steve Blake will be the Leagues MVP, and Artest will be the Finals MVP.. just relax okay? No need to sweat it. Log off PSD, go find the nearest tree and hug it. Try it.. works everytime i'm upset or stressed out over 14 dudes making 1-30mil each.

RLundi
11-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Sure as heck ain't good.

b@llhog24
11-08-2012, 07:49 PM
It's funny how a team as talented as the Lakers can fail with Mike Brown at the healm and LeBron and Co. made him look like COY. :laugh2:

Infamous916
11-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Never been a fan of the guy.

LakersOrNothing
11-08-2012, 07:51 PM
It's funny how a team as talented as the Lakers can fail with Mike Brown at the healm and LeBron and Co. made him look like COY. :laugh2:

Guy, you answered your own question.

Lebron GOAT

GiantsSwaGG
People credit Lebron...so does Jordan get credit for making Phil look good?

Does Kobe and Shaq get credit for making Phil look good?

Matter if fact, would Phil be considered the best coach in history without those players?

b@llhog24
Guy, you answered your own question.

Lebron GOAT

:confused:

b@llhog24
11-08-2012, 07:53 PM

Matter if fact, would Phil be considered the best coach in history without those players?

It's a two way street. Kobe, Jordan and Shaq to a lesser degree enjoyed some of their best seasons in the triangle.

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 07:56 PM
It's a two way street. Kobe, Jordan and Shaq to a lesser degree enjoyed some of their best seasons in the triangle.

That's my point, it goes both ways. The players should be looked at just as much as the coach should. Brown is at fault but he shouldn't get all the blame.

Dwight can't hit a free throw for ****

Artest sucks

Gasol is soft

The bench might be the worst bench in years

They run the Princeton offense which sucks

justinnum1
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Dont argue with him. He's a knick fan they haven't had anything to brag about for the past decade, so they have to latch on to meaningless regular season games

Your absolutely right.

LakersOrNothing
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM

Nah, Jordan was a ballhog.. he was lucky he had Pippen to make him look better than he really was. Kobe was and still is a ball hog. Shaq was and still is fat and a ball hog. Phil is lucky he played in a era where there were teams that sucked.

Lebron on the other hand is the GOAT. He played in a much stronger and tougher Eastern conference. Players in todays era are 50x stronger than those weaklings back in the 90s. Serious. That's why he made a high school coach like Brown look like the true zen master.

Lebron to Lakers 2014. :eyebrow:
Coach Brown makes return and leads the Lakers to 82-0. 16-0 in Playoffs.

Come on bros. Why you trippin' over Brown?

And in other news around the world, did you guys know Obama was re-elected for 4 more years?

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
Nah, Jordan was a ballhog.. he was lucky he had Pippen to make him look better than he really was. Kobe was and still is a ball hog. Shaq was and still is fat and a ball hog. Phil is lucky he played in a era where there were teams that sucked.

Lebron on the other hand is the GOAT. He played in a much stronger and tougher Eastern conference. Players in todays era are 50x stronger than those weaklings back in the 90s. Serious. That's why he made a high school coach like Brown look like the true zen master.

Lebron to Lakers 2014. :eyebrow:
Coach Brown makes return and leads the Lakers to 82-0. 16-0 in Playoffs.

Come on bros. Why you trippin' over Brown?

And in other news around the world, did you guys know Obama was re-elected for 4 more years?

You don't realize how hard it is to make it to the finals. Give brown some credit, they were a top defensive team. And I pointed put when Lebron was injured, they were still winning games. Plus the pistons were the only threat in the east IMO. Lebron should get most of the credit of course, but brown deserves some as well. Michael couldn't get to the finals until Phil came. Kobe couldn't win a ring without Phil...

GiantsSwaGG
11-08-2012, 08:17 PM
He's right!!

My question to Lakers fans.....

What was the point of the Princeton offense? Wouldn't it be smart to run the triangle offense?

That's where I blame brown

justinnum1
11-08-2012, 08:20 PM

What was the point of the Princeton offense? Wouldn't it be smart to run the triangle offense?

:facepalm:

It's obvious you have no clue if you think the triangle offense would be good for the lakers. Triangle offense is good for pg's like derek fisher, not steve nash.

P Harvy
11-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Mike Brown has officially answered the UPS slogan.

What can Brown do for you ??

Well not much

STL Don
11-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Part of the problem is the lack of efficiency from the Lakers bench and role players. They're terrible and do not show many signs of hope which makes Nash the most important piece to the puzzle. Especially since Kobe is older and certainly can not run the floor and make up for the lack of play from the PG position in LA like he had done for several years.
LA has not received any consistency from their perimeter players and it has forced the teams chemistry out of whack.
As for Mike Brown, I think there's been many situations where he's left people scratching their heads a bit and might not be the answer for the Lakers.. but we do know this, he's won before and has led a team into the finals.. so we know it can't all be his fault, we need more speed, defense and shooting from our perimeter players. So far Steve Blake, Jodie Meeks, Devin Ebanks, Artest, Morris have not helped out any cause, they are the problem. Not Kobe, Nash, Gasol, Howard.
This team should and will be a top 3-5 team and the league and compete with the Spurs and Thunder for the West crown but they need to get back Nash first and find a way to make it click with what they have, in which they eventually will but it's a matter of time and they MAY NEED at least one of the players I just mentioned to step up and give them quality minutes for this to work out in the end, but we'll see.

AddiX
11-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Give the man some time.

You dump two players who want the ball on a team w Kobe and gasol, it's going to take some time to adjust for everyone.

This def is not all mike browns fault.

Bruno
11-08-2012, 09:10 PM

:confused: Kobe has a TS% of .681 through five games. have you been watching?

most fans would tell you that browns hype is deserved.

lakers4sho
11-08-2012, 09:15 PM
Lol at people commenting who havent seen any of the laker games this season

The1_Who_knocks
11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
He sucks but MWP doesnt he's much improved this year!

Bruno
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
:confused: Kobe has a TS% of .681 through five games. have you been watching?

most fans would tell you that browns hype is deserved.

Kobe is also shooting 16.8 FGA per game through five games. It's his lowest FGA per game average since becoming a starter for the Lakers in 1998. You have to go back two full lock-outs ('98, '11) to find numbers where Kobe averaged fewer FGA per game than he is this season, thus far.

It's 6.2 less FGA per game than he averaged last season. He's shooting 56-43-92 on his percentages.

evadatam5150
11-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Lakers fans, time to play the blame game!

This is just a petulant uninformed remark I would expect from a hater.. Fact is the Lakers with a starting rotation of Kobe, Howard, Gasol and Artest shouldn't be 1 and 4, I think that's safe to say without any haters bashing it.. It's also safe to say that there's a learning curve here and the team as a whole is not even close to perfecting a new system put in place at the worst possible time. Lay on top of that a coach who seems pretty inept at making substitutions in game.. Is supposed to be a defensive genius yet HIS team doesn't play a lick of defense, and is grinding his best player night in and night out even though he has a foot injury.. Basically it's a recipe for failure..

All Brown's fault..?? Hardly, but he is the coach and as such deserves just as much criticism as anybody on the floor. Fact is anybody who's team is isn't doing well is going to blame someone, as fans it's instinctual, we all do it.. For you to attempt and act as if the Lakers fans are the only ones who do this is just ignorant..

evadatam5150
11-09-2012, 12:34 AM

What would have been prudent of the Lakers organization would have been to keep Brian Shaw as the head coach.. Unfortunately Baby Buss wanted to put his stamp on things and bring in HIS guy and get as far removed from Jackson as possible. I totally have to agree with you on this as much as it pains me to agree with a Giants fan.. :D

GiantsSwaGG
11-09-2012, 12:46 AM
What would have been prudent of the Lakers organization would have been to keep Brian Shaw as the head coach.. Unfortunately Baby Buss wanted to put his stamp on things and bring in HIS guy and get as far removed from Jackson as possible. I totally have to agree with you on this as much as it pains me to agree with a Giants fan.. :D

Yes Shaw was the better choice. Making him the coach would of kept the triangle offense in tack which is the strength on Kobe, gasol etc

AIRMAR72
11-09-2012, 12:50 AM
naw its not mike brown these guys just dont blend together

Munkeysuit
11-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Lebron handed Brown all of his coaching accolades. Brown is not only overrated, but he should not even be considered to coach in the NBA period.

Munkeysuit
11-09-2012, 01:06 AM
naw its not mike brown these guys just dont blend together

Blending? Steve Nash can blend carrots and crap and make the best tasting juice you've ever tasted! It's the coaches job to get these players on the same page, it's not on the players to do that themselves , I mean if so? wtf would you need a coaching staff for?

Jarvo
11-09-2012, 01:17 AM

And got swept :laugh: And it was off Lebron's talent not his coaching to me anyways.

Jarvo
11-09-2012, 01:22 AM
This reminds me of when everyone thought Spoelstra was the worst coach alive. Then the Heat started playing team ball, and now Spoelstra is a Championship coach. Give it some time.

Nah, Mike Brown just flat out sucks.

49erGiantLaker
11-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Yes. Thread over.

C-Style
11-09-2012, 01:25 AM

Is Brown the only reason the Lakers are losing right now? No. Kobe chucking up shots doesn't help.

Yep Kobe is chucking alright averaging 16.8 fga per night and shooting .56pct from the field.:facepalm:

The 2 guys on top are obvious idiots :facepalm:

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-09-2012, 01:27 AM
Why are Heat fans and LeBron supporters so bitter towards anything Laker related?

AIRMAR72
11-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Blending? Steve Nash can blend carrots and crap and make the best tasting juice you've ever tasted! It's the coaches job to get these players on the same page, it's not on the players to do that themselves , I mean if so? wtf would you need a coaching staff for?

Laker make the playoffs lastyr with coach brown these guys are pro they suppose make adjustment coach could prepare players etc but players have to play and lakers are not doing a good job of that if bron or wade was on that team it be a diffrent story kobe just cant make anybody better around him and media CALL him a leader lol all kobe do is cry and point finger

justinnum1
11-09-2012, 01:33 AM
Why are Heat fans and LeBron supporters so bitter towards anything Laker related?

so only lakers fans can say mike brown sucks?

C-Style
11-09-2012, 01:47 AM
If Lebron made Brown look like a genius, Jordan made Phil look like a God.

Anyway I would like to see how this team looks once they get the princeton offense down. I have seem glimpses where the team looks great offensively... I am more concerned about the defense, he lost all the defensive staff he had with the Cavs. Also his rotations are really bad, I wonder if he would ever stick to one group of guys?!

C-Style
11-09-2012, 01:50 AM
The Lakers can very well just run the pick n roll offense but that would be too easy to stop so I like the idea that the Lakers can have a structured offense they can fall back on if opposing teams stop the pick n roll in the playoffs.

MetroMan
11-09-2012, 02:05 AM
Mike brown is real good. Give him a chance guys

Gagan136
11-09-2012, 02:10 AM

Have you watched a Laker game this year?

jbeezy
11-09-2012, 02:25 AM
**** brown. he is a ****ing idiot.

amos1er
11-09-2012, 05:06 AM
Camodor22 is one of the biggest old school Kobe haters on this site. Can't believe he is still trollin around after all these years.

thenaj17
11-09-2012, 05:30 AM

So you haven't watched ANY Lakers games this year then?? Typical ignorant BS. Have you seen how many he's set up for people to only watch them lose the handle or brick a shot?

On topic, the coach really isn't that bad. Having no speed, no fast break points or easy hoops virtually ever. Makes it hard on a team especially with poor spacing surrounding 2 post players and a player who drives down the lane.

Even though Pau is top 5 PF, it would almost be better to have a stretch 4, someone like Ryan Anderson to pair with Dwight.

thenaj17
11-09-2012, 05:33 AM
The 2 guys on top are obvious idiots :facepalm:

It's because they are ignorant. I used to think JasonJohnHorn was a decent poster...and then he continually puts Kobe down without even watching his games. Can't stand these box score watchers.

Losoway
11-09-2012, 06:03 AM
its the front office fault. THEY BENCH IS TERRIBLE . they could have got beasley for late round picks this team looks so slow at times they need to watch the spurs. the spurs switched there whole philosophy and got younger and look at them now all tho they havent had success in the post season they ALWAYS have the best season

the lakers just looks slow and old

Heatcheck
11-09-2012, 07:48 AM
This is turning into a VICK/AI situation all over again

AI was sent away from PHI because he wanted team to play 'faster and smaller' and got shown door for it, then got sent out of 'system fit' in DEN to DET to find out he was in similar situation NASH/KOBE(16shots per game?) are in now, and you see how fans are screaming that NASH should be NASH(same i was saying about AI)...AI avg 14shots per in DET
And we all see what REID/MORTY are trying to do with VICK and make him a 'pocket passer only' type QB instead of letting him be VICK ..like REEVES did, go ask FAVRE how that worked out when VICK is VICK, i bet FAVRE was FAVRE from ATL to MINNY right? do i need to mention what he did in GB?

a new coach, a new def. system, a new off. system a new center and a new pg and a shooting guard who took 23shots last yr only taking 16, thats a recipe for probs, not to mention no offseason/preseason chemistry

gotta give'em to latest allstar break and then let the emotions fly, lakerland

As a coach/gm you always put player in position to succeeed, not make him succumb to some dumb offense that doesnt fit players strengths....

AI also dealt with that bum princeton offense in his 2nd PHI stint under the man running the lakeshow sets...E.JORDAN

A) your not going to in **** with a player shooting 14 spg with a crap percentage, your basically making your own ceiling for success.

B)same situation, you cant win with a backup qb, the difference in quality is too big, and vick is too small to be running out of the pocket all the time.

thenaj17
11-09-2012, 07:59 AM
its the front office fault. THEY BENCH IS TERRIBLE . they could have got beasley for late round picks this team looks so slow at times they need to watch the spurs. the spurs switched there whole philosophy and got younger and look at them now all tho they havent had success in the post season they ALWAYS have the best season

the lakers just looks slow and old

Completely agree with Losoway here!

DanG
11-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Lol at people commenting who havent seen any of the laker games this season

this.

GiantsSwaGG
11-09-2012, 09:42 AM

:laugh2:

Patman
11-09-2012, 10:18 AM
My Issue with Brown is his rotation. He plays his starters way to long he has an Old Kobe, Pau, Nash and a not yet fit Howard, but decides that they even have to play big minutes in Blow out. Why doesn't a guy like Meeks get any minutes ? He plays his Bench out of position and inconsistent roles and minutes.

GoferKing_
11-09-2012, 10:44 AM

LBJ took the Cavs to the finals.

Kenny Powders
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
I really like his haircut.

Raidaz4Life
11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Well the problem is that the Princeton offense is completely unnecessary on this team and we are trying to force it and as a result creating a lot of turnovers which is leading to easy buckets in transition for the opposing teams.

The fact that we have made no real effort to run a pick and roll offense is mind blowing. We need wins at this point. Also Mike Brown's rotations are terrible. Meeks should be playing and MWP, a player who should be seeing less court and more bench, is now our backup SG. I mean he really makes absolutely no sense. The Lakers should just go back to playing iso Kobe/Dwight at this point.

SteBO
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
^^The Meeks narrative is interesting, because the Lakers have literally "no" spacing on the offensive end. How is Meeks, the best 3pt shooter the Lakers have on the wings, not getting any playing time? I watched the entire Lakers-Jazz game the other night, and Meeks' energy and floor spacing could've helped. :shrug:

mlisica19
11-09-2012, 11:16 AM

After they lost to the Spurs, it seemed as though LeBron took everything for granted. The focus was gone even though his physical ability was improving. And I feel though Mike Brown might have some qualified NBA coaching ability, I feel he has a hard time controlling egos.

I felt this way for many reasons in Cleveland. It seemed LeBron started to care more about celebrations, joking around with teammates and what jersey to wear to tonights game. Thats what I saw, and i felt that Mike Brown no longer had a voice anymore.

Turns out I was kind of right when Shaq released his book and mentioned a lot of antics that happened in the locker room. Like LeBron getting away with things other players would do, all because he was the cities "savior" and last hope... i guess.

Anyway, he was fired and I was shocked for a team like LA to hire him. I mean most of his Cavs success could be directly pointed to LeBron dominating the regular season...

And now he has to deal with guys like Howard, Gasol and other big names. It takes a strong voice and a strong mind to command these players to do everything you want them to do and I dont think Brown has that.

If this was a Phil Jackson team, this team would be 4-1... 19 turnovers in a game is inexcusable. I think Brown could be a solid coach for a team with young guys and limited egos if none at all but not for a star packed team like the Lakers.

Raidaz4Life
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM
^^The Meeks narrative is interesting, because the Lakers have literally "no" spacing on the offensive end. How is Meeks, the best 3pt shooter the Lakers have on the wings, not getting any playing time? I watched the entire Lakers-Jazz game the other night, and Meeks' energy and floor spacing could've helped. :shrug:

Exactly, I cannot for the life of me figure it out. Meeks did not play amazing in preseason but he certainly didn't do anything to warrant losing his backup spot. He spaces the floor and plays with energy... two things we lack and yet even in the Detroit game he only same 4 minutes.

Mind you, I have never liked Meeks and was one of the few Laker fans that actually thought it was a silly move but now that you went out and got him you might as well TRY to use him. Was it really worth using our mini mid level on a bench warmer? Wait a minute we did that last year with McRoberts too ha.