PDA

View Full Version : Brooklyn Nets Overrated

brownmamba359
11-08-2012, 11:57 AM
I have been a Nets Fan since I was 8 years old. I have never seen so much hype surrounding the Nets since the Jason Kidd era. The Nets were ranked among top 7 teams in the NBA after they beat the Raptors. I find it funny how the NBA analysts rank teams simply based upon their roster and not based upon team chemistry.

I love the Nets and I was excited for a great season. However, I actually watch every game, and watched every single game last year. Watching the Nets, I have realized how overrated they really are. Brook Lopez is NOT a top 5 center in the league and Deron Williams has slowed down alot.

The one thing the nets were never good at was defense. By signing Joe Johnson they got better offensively not defensively. The core four of Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Gerald Wallace seems great but the truth is they are the same exact team they were last year, with a dynamic scorer. Can that dynamic scorer in Joe Johnson and a revamped bench really lead them to a playoff birth?

I do not know. I do not think the Nets are a top 10 team. I just hope for a great season, but watching the last three games I have realized the Nets are better offensively. However, their defense looks pathetic. The Nets are playing one%

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 11:58 AM
dude settle down lol i hate it when ppl judge how the team will play throughout the year based on the first few games of the season.

smh

this is what makes the nba forum such a joke..

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 11:58 AM
and the nets have sucked since JKidd got traded, so you'd expect some optimism from their fans since they have got some quality additions, but nope. i guess not.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Its hard to keep track of the words if you dont split it into Paragraphs.

But have some confidence in your team, the Nets are a championship caliber team. In a month you will make a thread "Brooklyn Nets are amazing" And Gerald Wallace is "very old" when he just turned 30

PleaseBeNice
11-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Half of their roster is overrated. Dont know what you expected. Inb4 something about the Kings

sep11ie
11-08-2012, 12:02 PM
dude settle down lol i hate it when ppl judge how the team will play throughout the year based on the first few games of the season.

smh

this is what makes the nba forum such a joke..

This seems to be the hipster thing to say these days.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 12:03 PM
This seems to be the hipster thing to say these days.

hmm in that case sorry for being late to the party i guess.

Munkeysuit
11-08-2012, 12:04 PM
You might be right if your analysis was through the games thus far. You might change your mind should they make the playoffs though, this team is full of smart and capable talent that can win games just based off of talent alone.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
and did you really join PSD to make this thead? what is the point of it? are you a Nets fan...dont know what you get out of making this thread.

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I would have read the whole thing, but the lack of spacing made it painful. I do think the Nets are overrated, though. Both the Knicks and the Nets are (at best) teams that could sneak into the second or (possibly, but unlikely) the third round of the playoffs before they get killed by a superior team. And because they have so many contracts locked up over a long period of time, they have little to no chance to get any better.

Unlike others, I actually liked the Joe Johnson signing. It was the Humphries and Wallace signings that made no sense to me, and I though Lopez was vastly overpaid for a 7-footer who doesn't rebound and is injured more than he's healthy. They'll be buried under those bad contracts for the next 3-5 years, and they'll never be a legitimate contender. They've essentially locked themselves into being the Hawks for several years, a very good playoff team that will always be competitive but never come close to winning anything substantial.

At best, the Nets are a 4-5 seed this year.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Not to be a hater, but I said this before they played a game. Deron Williams is overrated. Brooks is not a max player either. They have no inside presence on defense and I don't like JJ anymore.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I would have read the whole thing, but the lack of spacing made it painful. I do think the Nets are overrated, though. Both the Knicks and the Nets are (at best) teams that could sneak into the second or (possibly, but unlikely) the third round of the playoffs before they get killed by a superior team. And because they have so many contracts locked up over a long period of time, they have little to no chance to get any better.

Unlike others, I actually liked the Joe Johnson signing. It was the Humphries and Wallace signings that made no sense to me, and I though Lopez was vastly overpaid for a 7-footer who doesn't rebound and is injured more than he's healthy. They'll be buried under those bad contracts for the next 3-5 years, and they'll never be a legitimate contender. They've essentially locked themselves into being the Hawks for several years, a very good playoff team that will always be competitive but never come close to winning anything substantial.

At best, the Nets are a 4-5 seed this year.

Knicks gonna sneak into what? The Knicks might be the best team in the league! Defense wins games and we have the best right now. :facepalm::facepalm:

NYKnickFanatic
11-08-2012, 12:09 PM
Knicks gonna sneak into what? The Knicks might be the best team in the league! Defense wins games and we have the best right now. :facepalm::facepalm:

:rolleyes:

LongIslandIcedZ
11-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Lets address this in like 2 months. I think they were overrated coming into the year as well. Having said that, teams need time to familiarize themselves. They will score a bunch of points. There is so much season left.

brownmamba359
I didn't join Prosportsdaily to make this thread, I joined it because I love hearing from intelligent sports minds that I have been seeing post threads on this website. Also, regarding the spacing I had, thank you to everyone for that clarification.

I made this post because I am tired of Nets fans talking us up to be such a superior team to just be let down like we always are, I believe we are very overrated and ARE NOT a championship caliber team.

Quietmoney
The nets are at best a 7th or 8th seed. Everyone gonna have to deal with it.

GeekInThePink
11-08-2012, 12:12 PM
This isn't going to end well.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Well it's funny how no one waited a game before saying they were the best team in new York.. They lost by 30 to a team we beat by 20. Deron Williams is a shoot first point guard, Marbury 2.0

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
This thread makes me disgusted at the Nets fans, no confidence at all.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:14 PM
I've been waiting for the Nets to actually start playing games, all the damn hype was making me sick. There like a Dantoni Knicks team without the offense.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:15 PM
The nets are at best a 7th or 8th seed. Everyone gonna have to deal with it.

nobody has to deal with that because that is very untrue...more like at worst 5 or 6, you will see come April

Im_in_Mia_bish
Well it's funny how no one waited a game before saying they were the best team in new York.. They lost by 30 to a team we beat by 20. Deron Williams is a shoot first point guard, Marbury 2.0

Don't disappear on us after the heat and knicks face off again and in the playoffs..

pls for the love of god, take off your homer glasses.

nycericanguy
Joe Johnson at this point in his career is only a star by name. He's a terribly inefficient volume scorer who never gets to the FT line (4 FTA all season).

He's averaging 14ppg needing 15 shots per game to do so, while I expect that to improve, it won't improve much.

Lopez is also inefficient for a center since he shoots so many outside shots.

Wallace is a good player, but nowhere near the player he used to be, and between him & Lopez their frontcourt is injury prone.

Deron is their guy, but his supporting cast looks alot better on paper than it really is.

Minimal
I didn't understand how people suddenly started putting them 5th in eastern conference standings before the season started. There is no way one of the worst teams in NBA becomes a high seeded team after just 1 summer (unless you trade for Lebron ofc).

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
..the irony of a knicks fan gettin tired of the nets hype. lol

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:16 PM
This thread makes me disgusted at the Nets fans, no confidence at all.

Confidence in what?? Brooks Lopez? Andre Blatche? Bogans?? It's gonna be a long season. Because on top of Deron Williams being overrated, he's playing with bone spurs.

JasonJohnHorn
11-08-2012, 12:17 PM
Right now the Nets have potential. Just like the Lakers, and the Knicks and a few other teams.

Are they over-rated? NBA power rankings come out every week, so the first couple of weeks people don't usually pay much attention to because there isn't enough of a sample size.

That said, D-Will is likely the second best PG in the league. JJ is likely the third or foruth best SG, and that pairing is likely the best starting back court in the game. I am not going to lie and say that I've seen a lot of Joe Johnson, but from what I have seen, he is a solid defender. The same can be said of D-Will and Gerald Wallace from what I've seen, and from what I've heard of Humph, he's no slouch on defence either. Lopez on the other hand... lol

The Nets hve perhaps the best starting five in the league (I say perhaps). Humph is underrated, he's a stud on the boards and he'll give you a double-double almost every night. Wallace is a stat stuffer that works the boards. Lopez, though not a great defender or rebounder, is perhaps the most gifted center offensively. Joe Johnson is overpaid, but still in the top five at his position and D-Will is also near the top at his position.

Nets fans have great reason to be excited about this roster. With the proper coaching, and a solid contribution from the bench, they can contend for the title. Is Avery Johnson that coach? Maybe. Maybe not. He did a good job in Dallas, I hope he does a good job in BK. Will the bench come through? Maybe, maybe not. There are chemistry issues to work out, there is a degree of improvement required of Lopez on defense and on the boards, but this team can win.

Are the over rated? Maybe by some BK fans, but all fans tend to overrate their team. Fans in general are not overrating the Nets, they are just awknowledging the potential in this roster.

AI
11-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I enjoyed all the crap the Nets owner and players were talking about being the best team in New York and etc, certainly doesn't look that way. They might be better than the Bobcats though. :laugh2:

bigsams50
They are overrated by some, and underrated by others. They will take time to gel together, they dont have any chemistry yet either. They are not contenders yet, but they are a playoff team

Quietmoney
..the irony of a knicks fan gettin tired of the nets hype. lol

It was just having to listen to garbage!! We bash Amare as fans, but he's still better than everyone on that team and I'm sure he'd lead you guys to more wins than any one player on that roster. And we don't even need Amare right now.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
It was just having to listen to garbage!! We bash Amare as fans, but he's still better than everyone on that team and I'm sure he'd lead you guys to more wins than any one player on that roster. And we don't even need Amare right now.

i just think its too early to put the nail on anyones coffin, and at the same time to crown anyone as the "king of ny" or champions.

wayy too early, and reg season tells us absolutely nothin

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:20 PM
Joe Johnson at this point in his career is only a star by name. He's a terribly inefficient volume scorer who never gets to the FT line (4 FTA all season).

He's averaging 14ppg needing 15 shots per game to do so, while I expect that to improve, it won't improve much.

Lopez is also inefficient for a center since he shoots so many outside shots.

Wallace is a good player, but nowhere near the player he used to be, and between him & Lopez their frontcourt is injury prone.

Deron is their guy, but his supporting cast looks alot better on paper than it really is.

Ofcourse Joes numbers will rise its been 3 games in a NEW SYSTEM and new TEAMATES...he will get the ball alot more.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
Right now the Nets have potential. Just like the Lakers, and the Knicks and a few other teams.

Are they over-rated? NBA power rankings come out every week, so the first couple of weeks people don't usually pay much attention to because there isn't enough of a sample size.

That said, D-Will is likely the second best PG in the league. JJ is likely the third or foruth best SG, and that pairing is likely the best starting back court in the game. I am not going to lie and say that I've seen a lot of Joe Johnson, but from what I have seen, he is a solid defender. The same can be said of D-Will and Gerald Wallace from what I've seen, and from what I've heard of Humph, he's no slouch on defence either. Lopez on the other hand... lol

The Nets hve perhaps the best starting five in the league (I say perhaps). Humph is underrated, he's a stud on the boards and he'll give you a double-double almost every night. Wallace is a stat stuffer that works the boards. Lopez, though not a great defender or rebounder, is perhaps the most gifted center offensively. Joe Johnson is overpaid, but still in the top five at his position and D-Will is also near the top at his position.

Nets fans have great reason to be excited about this roster. With the proper coaching, and a solid contribution from the bench, they can contend for the title. Is Avery Johnson that coach? Maybe. Maybe not. He did a good job in Dallas, I hope he does a good job in BK. Will the bench come through? Maybe, maybe not. There are chemistry issues to work out, there is a degree of improvement required of Lopez on defense and on the boards, but this team can win.

Are the over rated? Maybe by some BK fans, but all fans tend to overrate their team. Fans in general are not overrating the Nets, they are just awknowledging the potential in this roster.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: D-Will is not top 7 point guard in this leave right now! Avery Johnson is clueless! Hasn't showed me anything as a coach! That nets team has no identity!

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:21 PM
The Knicks are not the best team in the league by far. Do they have the best record in the league after one week? Yes. But it's the first week of the regular season. Do you think teams like Miami or Boston are scared of New York right now? Because I can assure you that they are not.

I didn't join Prosportsdaily to make this thread, I joined it because I love hearing from intelligent sports minds that I have been seeing post threads on this website. Also, regarding the spacing I had, thank you to everyone for that clarification.

I made this post because I am tired of Nets fans talking us up to be such a superior team to just be let down like we always are, I believe we are very overrated and ARE NOT a championship caliber team.
Thanks man, and I actually thought it was a well written, well thought out post despite the spacing issue. It's really refreshing to see a fan of any New York area team have realistic expectations for his franchise. We lack that around here, so you should stick around. :)

Anji
11-08-2012, 12:22 PM
The Nyets don't have to worry, as long as they aren't the Knicks, they will have supporters in the Media and outside of NY.

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:23 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: D-Will is not top 7 point guard in this leave right now!
I read your other points which were legitimate, but this one made me think you were borderline ********. One week of NBA basketball does not define a player's abilities. There isn't a single intelligent NBA GM or analyst out there who could honestly say D-Will is not a top 7 PG in the league.

tnewkirk
11-08-2012, 12:25 PM
well they were projected a 6 or 7 seed so they arent really overrated, lakers are 1-4 on the other hand but it doesnt matter this early.

tnewkirk
11-08-2012, 12:26 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: D-Will is not top 7 point guard in this leave right now! Avery Johnson is clueless! Hasn't showed me anything as a coach! That nets team has no identity!

they dont have an identity thats true but d will is definitely a top 5 pg.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:27 PM
The Knicks are not the best team in the league by far. Do they have the best record in the league after one week? Yes. But it's the first week of the regular season. Do you think teams like Miami or Boston are scared of New York right now? Because I can assure you that they are not.

Thanks man, and I actually thought it was a well written, well thought out post despite the spacing issue. It's really refreshing to see a fan of any New York area team have realistic expectations for his franchise. We lack that around here, so you should stick around. :)

This what Doug Collins had to say about the Knicks "if Miami is the no. 1 team, New York just beat them by 20. "right now they don't have a weakness. They defend, they have size, they shoot the three, they have a great, great player in Carmelo Anthony, they have depth and if they continue to play like this, they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East"

That was from the third best team's coach in the east :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:28 PM

Their identity is the best offensive team in the league.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 12:29 PM
dwill is a top 3 pg until he proves for the FULL YEAR that he isnt an elite pg, than he will drop, but im not going to rank him based on the first week of the nba season.. thats just not responsible lol

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:30 PM
This what Doug Collins had to say about the Knicks "if Miami is the no. 1 team, New York just beat them by 20. "right now they don't have a weakness. They defend, they have size, they shoot the three, they have a great, great player in Carmelo Anthony, they have depth and if they continue to play like this, they are gonna be a force to be reckoned with in the East"

That was from the third best team's coach in the east :facepalm:

Dude. Quit using a facepalm in every post. You're not even doing it right and you look like a fool. Also, I don't care if the Knicks beat the Heat by 20 in the first week of the regular season, when the Heat just came off a championship in which they decimated the Knicks in five games. The Heat are still the defending champions, they are still the better team and they would still crush New York over a seven game series. If we did a poll right now asking PSD what they thought, who do you think would honestly win that poll? New York or Miami?

sharqstealth
11-08-2012, 12:31 PM
The Nets are today's Atlanta Hawks of the past 5 seasons, they will be mediocre at best... I applaud you for speaking the truth. Finally, a Nets fan who can talk sense, you are going to be much needed in the Nets forum.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:31 PM
Rondo, Westbrook, Holliday, Irving, Parker, Curry, Lowry

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:32 PM

Scoring 73 pts?? :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:32 PM

God. I wondered how long it would be before you made some ridiculous, wildly inaccurate post about the Nets. The Nets are not the best offensive team in basketball, nor are they close. They will continuously improve as the season progresses, but right now they're 26th in PPG, so not only are they not the best, they're bottom five.

sharqstealth
11-08-2012, 12:33 PM

WOW! That is a BIG INSULT to OKC and Kevin Durant!:facepalm:

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Yeahhh.... This shows just how much NBA knowledge you have. You have a top NBA PG list and don't even include Chris Paul. This post ACTUALLY deserves a facepalm. :facepalm:

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:34 PM
Dude. Quit using a facepalm in every post. You're not even doing it right and you look like a fool. Also, I don't care if the Knicks beat the Heat by 20 in the first week of the regular season, when the Heat just came off a championship in which they decimated the Knicks in five games. The Heat are still the defending champions, they are still the better team and they would still crush New York over a seven game series. If we did a poll right now asking PSD what they thought, who do you think would honestly win that poll? New York or Miami?

We're talking about the Nets, not the Heat. The Nets are not well coached, and your best player isn't gonna be 100% all season.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeahhh.... This shows just how much NBA knowledge you have. You have a top NBA PG list and don't even include Chris Paul. This post ACTUALLY deserves a facepalm. :facepalm:

Just was naming off the top of my head.. I could go on if you like.

And there not in order, just better than Deron Williams.

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:35 PM
We're talking about the Nets, not the Heat. The Nets are not well coached, and your best player isn't gonna be 100% all season.

Don't say "your." I'm a Rockets fan, dude. Also, we are talking about the Knicks, because you're the one who ignorantly claimed them as the best team in the NBA. If you make a statement like that, you're gonna get ripped for it.

Im_in_Mia_bish
11-08-2012, 12:36 PM
WOW! That is a BIG INSULT to OKC and Kevin Durant!:facepalm:

and miami ;)

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Just was naming off the top of my head.. I could go on if you like.

And there not in order, just better than Deron Williams.

Except that your list is awful. How are Jrue Holiday and Steph Curry better point guards than Deron freakin' Williams when neither of them are particularly good distributors? And I think Lowry and Irving could potentially crack the top 7 list this year, but one week does not make them better players than Deron Williams.

You need to simmer down and stop making ridiculous proclamations after one week of basketball.

sharqstealth
11-08-2012, 12:40 PM
and miami ;)

I agree

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:41 PM
Except that your list is awful. How are Jrue Holiday and Steph Curry better point guards than Deron freakin' Williams when neither of them are particularly good distributors? And I think Lowry and Irving could potentially crack the top 7 list this year, but one week does not make them better players than Deron Williams.

You need to simmer down and stop making ridiculous proclamations after one week of basketball.

Because they are "pass first pgs" unlike Dwill lol

KnickaBocka.44
11-08-2012, 12:41 PM

You can really only make a case for 2 or 3 of these guys being better than Deron. And if you're going to take this season into heavy consideration then Westbrook can't be one of them because he's shooting less than 40% so far and only 18% from 3.

NYY 26 to 7
11-08-2012, 12:42 PM

Good its settled then we will cease playing regular season games and for playoffs we will just go with a vote from PSD. Good, good. As long as that is settled.

Yes it has been only 3 games but that team in the playoffs last year is much different than the one this year. Maybe we play the Heat in the playoffs this year and maybe they win but this is a different year and a much different Knicks team. Last year half the team was injured (Shump, Amar'e, Lin, BD, and Chandler basically out for 3 games with a bad flu). Do I think we would have won last year - no but would have been a better series. Regardless this is a whole new team and sorry but regular season can't be ignored. Time tells these things but sorry a PSD opinion doesn't change what is happening on the court this year.

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
11-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Three games... Enough said !

Anji
11-08-2012, 12:45 PM
Rondo, Westbrook, Parker

Come on dude, these three you can make a case for, but a lot people can make a strong case for Dwill against these guys too.

NYflightboy
11-08-2012, 12:47 PM

Simmer down bro. It's been three games. Three very convincing wins against the champs and a good sixer team but still 3 games. Let's not brag just yet. You're looking like DoMeFavors out there. lol jk

And as far as those bum *** Nets go it's still early. They're going to need to time to gel before they you can really judge them. Same as the Lakers. Everybody knows the Heat weren't exactly on fire when they first got together. Sometimes it takes time.

People need to stop overreacting to a few games.

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:48 PM
Because they are "pass first pgs" unlike Dwill lol

Did you just describe Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook and Kyrie Irving as "pass first PGs"? Holy crap. The only reason I'm not sig quoting this is because you didn't list the players in the actual post, but this is so beyond wrong I don't know where to begin.

Beltrans Mole
11-08-2012, 12:49 PM
I'm really not trying to troll or bash the Nets, but do people actually expect them to be a 2-3 seed in the East this season? They won what...22 games last year? Yes they added Joe Johnson, who is a nice player, but he's not a game-changer. Deron Williams is a great player but he was also there last season and did all he could for that team...how does that really change the equation? Brook Lopez is a "finesse" center...won't get you the gritty points or the rebounds you need in a close game...plus injuries are a concern.

Do they have potential to win some games and improve? Absolutely. But it's almost as if they got a new arena, got a new logo and now they are all of the sudden a premiere team?? I just don't understand it. The Knicks, Sixers and Celtics will all finish with better records IMO.

strahan92osi72
11-08-2012, 12:49 PM

As much as I agree that Deron is overrated (hasn't been a top 5 PG for 2 years now), he's a better player than Amare is.I would agree that Amare is better than the whole Nets team save Deron though.

mightybosstone
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Good its settled then we will cease playing regular season games and for playoffs we will just go with a vote from PSD. Good, good. As long as that is settled.

Yes it has been only 3 games but that team in the playoffs last year is much different than the one this year. Maybe we play the Heat in the playoffs this year and maybe they win but this is a different year and a much different Knicks team. Last year half the team was injured (Shump, Amar'e, Lin, BD, and Chandler basically out for 3 games with a bad flu). Do I think we would have won last year - no but would have been a better series. Regardless this is a whole new team and sorry but regular season can't be ignored. Time tells these things but sorry a PSD opinion doesn't change what is happening on the court this year.

I'm not saying they shouldn't play the games, I'm saying it's absolutely insane to proclaim them the best team in the league after one week and one big upset victory. Did you know that the Heat lost 20 games last season? Does that mean the Heat were a worse basketball team than those teams because of a single loss? Of course not.

So while the Knicks might be improved from last season, one early regular season victory does not make them a better basketball team. They have to sustain their success for the whole season and then prove it in the playoffs. The Heat have earned the right to be called the best team in the league and earned the right to slack off in the regular season. The Knicks have not.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 12:52 PM
Did you just describe Jrue Holiday, Kyle Lowry, Steph Curry, Russell Westbrook and Kyrie Irving as "pass first PGs"? Holy crap. The only reason I'm not sig quoting this is because you didn't list the players in the actual post, but this is so beyond wrong I don't know where to begin.

No I was being sarcastic about his post, they arent and he said Dwill is a shoot first so thats why he isnt good.

chrisf975
11-08-2012, 12:54 PM
Can you guys give the Nets a chance, it's three games into the season. You realize it took the Knicks about two seasons to gel and start playing good team basketball.

I actually don't hate the Knicks unlike most Nets fans, I think they are definitely for real this year. I hope the Knicks can keep up this pace and give the Heat a series in the playoffs. Honestly though when Amare comes back it's going to bring the knicks right back down to Earth Defensively.

Btw Quietmoney if you're trying to be the knicks fan version of DoMeFavors, Great Job keep doing what you're doing:rolleyes:

pacofunk64
11-08-2012, 12:58 PM
How are they overrated when they aren't that good...I mean I didn't really think they would be anyways :shrug:

NYKnickFanatic
11-08-2012, 01:00 PM

:o You are saying these guys are all better than DWill?

No disrespect to them, but I think DWill is better than most of those guys you listed.

chrisf975
11-08-2012, 01:01 PM
How are they overrated when they aren't that good...I mean I didn't really think they would be anyways :shrug:

Do you know what overrated means?

NYKnickFanatic
11-08-2012, 01:02 PM
Can you guys give the Nets a chance, it's three games into the season. You realize it took the Knicks about two seasons to gel and start playing good team basketball.

I actually don't hate the Knicks unlike most Nets fans, I think they are definitely for real this year. I hope the Knicks can keep up this pace and give the Heat a series in the playoffs. Honestly though when Amare comes back it's going to bring the knicks right back down to Earth Defensively.

Btw Quietmoney if you're trying to be the knicks fan version of DoMeFavors, Great Job keep doing what you're doing:rolleyes:

:laugh2: I thought he was being serious, but now I can see it how you do. Lol

JohnStarks94
11-08-2012, 01:03 PM
The nets make me herl when i think about that roster.. Dwill is overrated yall would rather have melo

NYKnickFanatic
11-08-2012, 01:04 PM
Dude. Just look at this team, roster full of rejects nobody wants.. Lopez (u wanted d12) dwill( yall tried to get Melo) "crash" ran into a wall of no talent. Humphies lmao! This nets team look week an its a shame the russian dude ****Ed the year up for you guys talkin all that ****. Maybe jz can run point

Why do people hate Humphries so much? Dude plays his *** off every game. I would love him on my team.

strahan92osi72
11-08-2012, 01:05 PM

Blame you owner, him and his big mouth "trying to make Knicks fans Nets fans" etc. I don't know he thinks he is, but this is a Knicks town and always will be. I never hated the Nets before that Russian clown owned them, now they are on the level of Red Sox, Mets, and Jets for me (being a Yankees and Giants fan). And make no mistake, the more the Nets struggle the funnier it is.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:05 PM
Nets threads get the most people posting about them, and the post viewers. Face it we are popular!

strahan92osi72
11-08-2012, 01:06 PM
No I was being sarcastic about his post, they arent and he said Dwill is a shoot first so thats why he isnt good.

I'm really enjoying watching your fraud team fail dude, I'm not gonna lie.

Max.This
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
I am a fan of kris humphries . Big ups for banging the kardashian. He's a baller

strahan92osi72
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Nets threads get the most people posting about them, and the post viewers. Face it we are popular!

Yeah, we're laughing at you not with you. I guess even negative attention creates popularity, just like the plague. Oh well, enjoy your negative popularity for the next 10 years, or however your owner has them in his back pocket.

JohnStarks94
11-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Deep down yall feal me. This nets team blows. U cant put garbage like that out there first year in brooklyn its ridictulous.. You would kill for d12 and melo rite now.. Yall tried damn hard to get Melo dont forget.. U settle for williams

chrisf975
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
Why do people hate Humphries so much? Dude plays his *** off every game. I would love him on my team.

I agree I love Humphries, he's never going to be great on offense or defense. He is going to give you 120% effort every night, fight for every rebound and he can finish around the rim pretty well.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 01:10 PM
You can really only make a case for 2 or 3 of these guys being better than Deron. And if you're going to take this season into heavy consideration then Westbrook can't be one of them because he's shooting less than 40% so far and only 18% from 3.

Deron isn't that good. He hasn't showed me anything since leaving Sloans pick n roll paradise.

JiffyMix88
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM
I agree they suck balls and lopez is just another hibbert big for nothing

Gideon
11-08-2012, 01:14 PM

This thread is 5 pages with half of it clowning the Nets! Man you are far removed from reality. I am born and bred in Brooklyn, but I am a Knicks fan and have been my whole life. I still want to see the Nets do well, but I don't see them being better than a 6th seed this year and more likely a 7th or 8th seed. Their lack of defense will do them in this year.

JohnStarks94
11-08-2012, 01:16 PM

I cant argue the dude does hustle.. Almost like a soft oakley.. Just dont like em for some reason i dont even kno why

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm really enjoying watching your fraud team fail dude, I'm not gonna lie.

They arent failing they lost to Miami and were up 22 against Minnesota

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Deep down yall feal me. This nets team blows. U cant put garbage like that out there first year in brooklyn its ridictulous.. You would kill for d12 and melo rite now.. Yall tried damn hard to get Melo dont forget.. U settle for williams

Im happy with Deron over Melo

Nycbball08
11-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Its hard to keep track of the words if you dont split it into Paragraphs.

But have some confidence in your team, the Nets are a championship caliber team. In a month you will make a thread "Brooklyn Nets are amazing" And Gerald Wallace is "very old" when he just turned 30

"Championship caliber team"... What???... lol,, ::facepalm:

GeekInThePink
11-08-2012, 01:23 PM
They arent failing they lost to Miami and were up 22 against Minnesota

How can you possibly take pride in blowing a 22 point lead against a fringe playoff team missing it's two best players? :facepalm:

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:24 PM
How can you possibly take pride in blowing a 22 point lead against a fringe playoff team missing it's two best players? :facepalm:

Im not but the fact they were up 22 and if they did win, would they be failing?

meloman1592
11-08-2012, 01:24 PM
the nets are one of those teams that are good enough to beat anyone on a given night due to their talent but they can also lose to teams like charlotte on a given night. Good team, not a contender

JohnStarks94
11-08-2012, 01:25 PM

I rather have felton over williams stamp that

meloman1592
11-08-2012, 01:26 PM

we're happy with melo over deron

JohnStarks94
11-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Sorry felton + melo forgive me

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
I rather have felton over williams stamp that

Felton isnt even a top 30 pg.

GeekInThePink
11-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Im not but the fact they were up 22 and if they did win, would they be failing?

But they didn't, they lost. :eyebrow:

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:29 PM
But they didn't, they lost. :eyebrow:

The fact is besides one game against Miami who can destroy anyone especially a first year team, Nets have looked good. They were up 22 points on Minnesota, its bad they lost the lead and lost but they showed they can get up 22 against them.

JohnStarks94
11-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Amare start coming off the bench = knicks bench> nets starting 5 .. serious

chrisf975
Sorry felton + melo forgive me

No **** you would rather have Melo over Deron. Melo is a top 5 player in the NBA. Before he came to the knicks he was considered the best scorer in the NBA. Deron is an top 5 pg but he will never be able to bring to a team what Melo can.

GeekInThePink
The fact is besides one game against Miami who can destroy anyone especially a first year team, Nets have looked good. They were up 22 points on Minnesota, its bad they lost the lead and lost but they showed they can get up 22 against them.

They were missing Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio and you blew it. You guys beat the Raptors by 7, and the Raptors beat the Timberwolves by 19, by your logic what the hell does that mean? You guys blew a lead against a bad team (due to their injuries) end of story, there's no real positives in being a terrible defensive team man.

chrisf975
11-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Amare start coming off the bench = knicks bench> nets starting 5 .. serious

Relax man ur worse than quietmoney.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
They were missing Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio and you blew it. You guys beat the Raptors by 7, and the Raptors beat the Timberwolves by 19, by your logic what the hell does that mean? You guys blew a lead against a bad team (due to their injuries) end of story, there's no real positives in being a terrible defensive team man.

So what if they were missing Love or Ricky it happends especially to new teams. It doesnt matter who beat who or what ifs. Nets looked good. Instead of looking at the box score you should watch the game before posting about it. You didnt see it.

tnewkirk
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
most nba fans :facepalm:

tnewkirk
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM
So what if they were missing Love or Ricky it happends especially to new teams. It doesnt matter who beat who or what ifs. Nets looked good. Instead of looking at the box score you should watch the game before posting about it. You didnt see it.

you're either a troll or an idiot.

knicks=love
11-08-2012, 01:38 PM

i watched it once the knicks game was over. they looked horrible.

Nycbball08
11-08-2012, 01:42 PM

you'll see in April if it matters who beats who..

GeekInThePink
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM

Actually, I've seen all three Brooklyn games so far, and I can tell you that I think they've been worse than I expected so far. Blame it on chemistry, blame it on being a new team, find positives in negatives (I.E; blowing a giant lead). You are a homer, and it's very pathetic. As a small positive though, at least its funny.

chrisf975
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM

To be fair they looked horrible in the fourth quarter but the rest of the game they looked pretty good.

Diabolical
11-08-2012, 01:45 PM

Yes he is.

thrice4
11-08-2012, 01:47 PM
I think they will get it together and win quite a few games. Although I do not see them being the threat that could take down Miami or even New York. They are not a championship team so don't act like it, domefavors.

Diabolical
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
As much as I agree that Deron is overrated (hasn't been a top 5 PG for 2 years now), he's a better player than Amare is.I would agree that Amare is better than the whole Nets team save Deron though.

I don't even think you believe Deron Williams is not a top 5 PG.

thrice4
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
Id love to see the top 7 point guards without Deron in it....doesn't make sense without him.

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm letting the Nets fans know about their short comings. That team is dreadful and there's no light at the end of that tunnel. They should've never gotten Joe Johnson with the type of contract he has. You think I exagerate when I say that Deron and JJ and Lopez is overrated?? Well they all make max money, And none of them look nothing remotely close to max players. None of them can put a team on their back and none of them make any of their teammates better. That's a hard cold fact.

RonE Coleman
11-08-2012, 01:51 PM
The Nets Defense is absolutely pathetic. It will get abused all season long. Brook Lopez might be the slowest player in the NBA

waveycrockett
11-08-2012, 01:52 PM

lmao how does a team look horrible when its up by 22 points in the 3rd quarter?

jt1bui
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
Knicks are not the best team in the NBA right now, anybody that thinks that is ludicrous. In a 7 game series, I will take Miami over NY any day and a I hate Miami. It is way too early to be making any predictions, and this goes for every team. As defending champs and new additions to the roster, Miami is still the favorite to win it all.

NY will drop off and come back down as the season progresses. Once A'mare returns, the defense will suffer and so will the offense. They are doing fine right now because they only have one ball stopper in Melo. Until Melo and A'mare can adjust their games to compliment one another and give 100% effort on the defensive side every night I don't see them being able to beat the Heat.

waveycrockett
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm letting the Nets fans know about their short comings. That team is dreadful and there's no light at the end of that tunnel. They should've never gotten Joe Johnson with the type of contract he has. You think I exagerate when I say that Deron and JJ and Lopez is overrated?? Well they all make max money, And none of them look nothing remotely close to max players. None of them can put a team on their back and none of them make any of their teammates better. That's a hard cold fact.

Whats the Knicks record with Amare and Melo again?

knicks=love
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
lmao how does a team look horrible when its up by 22 points in the 3rd quarter?

i said i watched it when the knicks game was over, so they were in the 4th quarter. never said anything about them being horrible and 22 points up. game isn't over after playing 3 quarters, and that game was a GREAT example.

Gram
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM

Your posts are awful.

LongIslandIcedZ
11-08-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm pretty sure the Knicks record with Melo and Amar'e under Woodson is pretty good.

knicks=love
11-08-2012, 01:58 PM
To be fair they looked horrible in the fourth quarter but the rest of the game they looked pretty good.

i didn't watch the game, only some of the 4th and they looked horrible.. hence why they blew a 22 point lead to a fringe playoff team without their two best players.

you're either a troll or an idiot.

or both :shrug:

dandman1021
11-08-2012, 01:59 PM
I haven't posted in about a year here, but I had to sign in to join this.......HOW THE HELL ARE YOU TAKING PRIDE IN YOUR TEAM GIVING UP A 22 POINT LEAD, Than after a night where they score only 73 points in the game,go and say they are the best offensive team. Conyo!

Quietmoney
11-08-2012, 02:00 PM

The knicks have the best defense in the league right now! Amare won't be back for another 7 weeks. Then when he does, he'll be coming off the bench. Woodson is the coach now, not that stubborn air head Dantoni. For the record, Melo and Amare under Woodson was 8-2.

netsgiantsyanks
11-08-2012, 02:01 PM
jesus christ the idiocy of some of you.

ee
11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
They lost 2 out of 3, they're expected to win 45-48 games.....I don't see anything overrated here......For those expecting 60 wins and ECF, then yes, they're being overrated... but this is their first year, expect them to be around .500 the first half of the season.....

Die hard net fan here....

Nycbball08
Knicks are not the best team in the NBA right now, anybody that thinks that is ludicrous. In a 7 game series, I will take Miami over NY any day and a I hate Miami. It is way too early to be making any predictions, and this goes for every team. As defending champs and new additions to the roster, Miami is still the favorite to win it all.

NY will drop off and come back down as the season progresses. Once A'mare returns, the defense will suffer and so will the offense. They are doing fine right now because they only have one ball stopper in Melo. Until Melo and A'mare can adjust their games to compliment one another and give 100% effort on the defensive side every night I don't see them being able to beat the Heat.
I thought this was about the Nets..

Gram

Why is your location No, You Can't Invade My Butthole? Trust me, the creeps on this site could do a lot better than you. :rolleyes:

jt1bui
11-08-2012, 02:03 PM
All teams take some time to gel, it took the Heat two seasons to do it. You cannot build team chemistry in one off-season, it takes time and work. Am I saying that the Nets will win the championship this year? No, I think they will end up as a 4-6 seed and possibly get into the second round depending on the matchup.

29$JerZ
11-08-2012, 02:04 PM
They have a terrible defense, likely bottom 5 defense, and a meh bench.
What do you expect?

8th seed is their likely playoff position if they even get that many wins. Teams like Milwaukee are already showing they can knock em out of the 8 playoff seeds.

netsgiantsyanks
the only big problem the nets need to address is their horrible defense. brook needs to step the **** up and be at least halfway mediocre and hump shouldn't even be on this damn team.

Nycbball08

Agreed.. But what Jesus gotta do with it..?lol

jt1bui
11-08-2012, 02:05 PM
I thought this was about the Nets..

This was about the Nets, multiple posts have made this about the Knicks.

netsgiantsyanks
11-08-2012, 02:06 PM
Why is your location No, You Can't Invade My Butthole? Trust me, the creeps on this site could do a lot better than you. :rolleyes:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=troll+face&num=10&um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=606&tbm=isch&tbnid=xCFxS1-TqItDcM:&imgrefurl=http://alltheragefaces.com/&docid=PrLSBfG3go-ejM&imgurl=http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/svg/troll-sad-troll-face.svg&w=1344&h=1044&ei=dvSbUKCfE63H0AHClYHADg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=558&vpy=278&dur=631&hovh=198&hovw=255&tx=108&ty=131&sig=112056427186040302482&sqi=2&page=1&tbnh=142&tbnw=183&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=1t:429,r:10,s:0,i:180

LTBaByyy
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Anyone surprised, they are just not that good to begin with

diu9leilomo
11-08-2012, 02:11 PM

coz he banged kim and most of us are jealous

RonE Coleman
11-08-2012, 02:15 PM
The Nets are amazing... It actually takes talent to blow a 22 point lead hahah

AlexTmz2
11-08-2012, 02:31 PM
The Nets have a good back court in JJ and Williams. But Humphries and Lopez?!? They're soft. I hate to say it but its true.

Yesterdays game was a good example. No one is afraid to drive it to the paint againts that frontline. They're not winning any championships any time soon. And thats just the truth .

Kungu34
11-08-2012, 02:35 PM
It's been 3 games in the season your coming in with a new team and environment, let the chemistry build, and get used to the new culture its to early for all that

Captain Moroni
11-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Im a Knicks fan that does not hate the Nets. I love the idea of 2 teams in the NYC area.

This Nets team is talented, but not built to win. I look at this team as I did my Knicks just several years ago. Tons of stat fillers on the roster but no defense and no team chemistry. the offense can be great, but there seems to be no flow so far.

Philadelphia is in the same boat, the offense seems to be helter skelter one on one drives to the hoop or settling for off balance forced jumpers. I think both teams can be better in a more balanced attack. Bynum will be a huge lift for the 76ers

Deron Williams is the best PG in the area, but he is not leading the team on offense as much as he seems to be looking to score. Joe Johnson is a talented 2 guard but if he watched what kidd is doing instead of forcing the issue the Nets would be better. The pieces are there, the system is not.

How crazy is it that Mike Woodson was 18-6 after Dantoni left, with the same group of players. The reason is simple, the system was awful. The offense was geared around one or two players intead of including every player on the roster.

Im not bashing Avery johnson, I have watched all three of there games so far and they look disorganized on offense and non existant on defense. Miami clearly took advantage of that and the result was ugly.

I dont think the Knicks are 20 points better than Miami, or do I think they are better than the heat at all. But they will play the heat tough every time becaue they have team chemistry and a defense that will always give them a shot to win even against the tougher teams,.

Knicks have Dallas tommorrow, interesting to see if they bring the defensive intensity again, the Nets could do this as well if they changed their approach.

RonE Coleman
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM

21 and 6 under Woodson in the regular season.

22 and 10 if you include the playoffs.

Try again, troll.

torocan
11-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Meh.

I put the Nets as a #4-7 seed, with a possibility that they fall out of the playoffs if it takes too long to sort out the chemistry.

They have the *potential* to be a decent playoff team, with an above average offense.

Best offense in the league? Not even remotely close with teams like OKC, Miami, and the Spurs out there...

JerseysFinest
11-08-2012, 03:06 PM
I understand that you're probably pretty frustrated, especially with the hype that surrounded this team since the move to Brooklyn, but the key here really is you have to be patient. This is honestly a brand new team; the only players from last season on the team are Deron Williams, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez. Everyone else is new. It's going to take a considerable amount of time before everyone adapts to Avery's defensive system, and before they learn to actually play with each other as a unit. It's going to take at least 1/4 of the season before they even start to learn each other's tendencies and play off of each other. You can call them overrated, underrated, whatever you choose, but it's too soon to be making these type of judgements.

JerseysFinest
11-08-2012, 03:13 PM
Anyone surprised, they are just not that good to begin with

They're honestly not a bad team. I think with the impressiveness of the arena, their merchandising, and just the general hype surrounding the team, there are very high expectations of the team. Not to mention guys like Joe Johnson and Brook Lopez proclaiming they will contend for a championship, coupled with the fact that the Nets are going to be constantly compared to the successes of the Knicks. People expect a lot out of them so quickly, but what people are going to have to understand is that it really isn't that simple to construct a brand new team and expect them to suddenly play extremely well as soon as the season starts.

Captain Moroni
11-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I understand that you're probably pretty frustrated, especially with the hype that surrounded this team since the move to Brooklyn, but the key here really is you have to be patient. This is honestly a brand new team; the only players from last season on the team are Deron Williams, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez. Everyone else is new. It's going to take a considerable amount of time before everyone adapts to Avery's defensive system, and before they learn to actually play with each other as a unit. It's going to take at least 1/4 of the season before they even start to learn each other's tendencies and play off of each other. You can call them overrated, underrated, whatever you choose, but it's too soon to be making these type of judgements.

I see your point, but alot of teams are in the same boat with turnover. The Knicks holdovers are melo, Amare, Chandler, Smith and Novak. They have had the same amount of time to gel with new teammates as the nets have.
Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Prigioni, Felton, Brewer, Copeland, White, and Thomas are all new to the team this year. the difference is that Chemistry is a result of the accountability woodson demands from his players on BOTH ends of the floor.
I cant see taking 1/2 a season to figue things out. We kept saying that with Dantoni and the real problem was dantoni himself and his lack of a defensive plan.

bigbeardaboss
11-08-2012, 03:19 PM
I think that eventually they will be a playoff team barring major injury to Deron and Johnson. However, talks of them being a championship caliber team are just as premature as this entire thread. I think a big factor in there lack of performance thus far is Derons ankle. He is a better player than what we have seen over the last couple of games. 3 assists against the heat is not what you'd expect from an "elite" point guard.

JerseysFinest
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I see your point, but alot of teams are in the same boat with turnover. The Knicks holdovers are melo, Amare, Chandler, Smith and Novak. They have had the same amount of time to gel with new teammates as the nets have.
Kidd, Camby, Wallace, Prigioni, Felton, Brewer, Copeland, White, and Thomas are all new to the team this year. the difference is that Chemistry is a result of the accountability woodson demands from his players on BOTH ends of the floor.
I cant see taking 1/2 a season to figue things out. We kept saying that with Dantoni and the real problem was dantoni himself and his lack of a defensive plan.

You're right, but the Knicks also have the best defenses in the NBA led by Mike Woodson. The Nets have the worst defense in the NBA. Makes winning a lot easier lol.

Daunter
11-08-2012, 03:24 PM
I would take these over D-Will:
Paul
Rondo
Rose
Westbrook
Irving
Parker

And maybe:
Rubio
Lowry
Bledsoe

torocan
11-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Hate to point this out but...

DWill vs Miami Heat
14 points, 3 assists, 1 reb, 1 steal, 7 TO

JLin vs Miami Heat
8 points, 3 assists, 6 reb, 3 steals, 8 TO

Dwill exposed?

Sorry, couldn't resist... gotta love when you can cherry pick a single game. :D

Nycbball08
11-08-2012, 03:28 PM
Nets fans knew this team needed time to jell, so they should've waited before making these reckless and ridiculous predictions...oh, and overated is an understatement .!!!!

torocan
11-08-2012, 03:30 PM
Nets fans knew this team needed time to jell, so they should've waited before making these reckless and ridiculous predictions...oh, and overated is an understatement .!!!!

To be fair, it was only a very small group of Net posters who were posting delusional predictions.

And every fanbase has their fair share of overoptimistic, chest-beating, delusional fans..

JerseysFinest
11-08-2012, 03:31 PM

Those "fans" you speak of are literally 2 posters, they don't represent the opinions of the Nets fanbase.

BroadwayBullies
11-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Hate to point this out but...

DWill vs Miami Heat
14 points, 3 assists, 1 reb, 1 steal, 7 TO

JLin vs Miami Heat
8 points, 3 assists, 6 reb, 3 steals, 8 TO

Dwill exposed?

Sorry, couldn't resist... gotta love when you can cherry pick a single game. :D

Your obsession with Lin is on another level. This thread has nothing to do with him, yet you find subtle ways to try to segue him into the topic. You're a very interesting poster to say the least.

Back on topic, they're a legitimate playoff team this year. They're exponentially better than anything they've put on the court for the past couple years. I don't know think they'll be able to secure HCA, but a lower seeding is very much within reach for them.

Jets012
11-08-2012, 03:54 PM
GUYS GUYS GUYS, READ THIS:

All of you are constantly complaining about DoMeFavors. Bottom line is, it is quite obvious that someone can not be that stupid and be on a sports forum. The truth about DMF, is that he is actually a very intelligent fan, but not of the team he "pretends" to root for. DMF is actually a huge Knicks fan. Why do you think he has been trolling so much? It's because people actually respond and take offense to his nonsense. He is trying to make the Nets fan base look as bad as possible so people will hate the Nets. He calls himself the captain of the Nets fans when he actually has never been in the Nets forum. He wants people to hate the Nets because he hates the Nets. He has even told me this.

Anyway back to the thread. Some very stupid posts in here not going to lie. When did the NBA forum turn into the Nets/Knicks forum. This forum is really at an all time low with all the trolling and constant baiting and fighting going on between these two fan bases. Bottom line is, it has only be 1 freaking week and we are acting like the rest of the year will stay this way. The Knicks will eventually die down and you will be hearing constant Knicks fans complaining about them and the Nets will eventually turn it around. Bottom line is, you can't judge the season based off 3-4 games. Both the Knicks and Nets will be good teams this year so everyone stop crying about it. Carmelo and Williams are both top 15 players. I've never seen such a big fight between fans of teams that are not even huge rivals. People need to stop being homers and be realistic for a second.

torocan
11-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Your obsession with Lin is on another level. This thread has nothing to do with him, yet you find subtle ways to try to segue him into the topic. You're a very interesting poster to say the least.

Lol, I haven't posted anything referring to Lin on PSD in some time. I just love poking fun at how people take extremely small sample sizes and extrapolate them out.

Whether it's players, team winning streaks, etc.

The Nets will sort it out eventually. Whether that's this year or next year only time can determine.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Yesterday Dwayne Wade said Brook is one of the best centers in the league.

Damn 11 pages already, everyone talking Nets! I love it

Captain Moroni
11-08-2012, 04:04 PM
You're right, but the Knicks also have the best defenses in the NBA led by Mike Woodson. The Nets have the worst defense in the NBA. Makes winning a lot easier lol.

Tell me about it, the last 10 years have seen ZERO defense from the Knicks, this is new to us as well. and its nice knowing you can shut someone down and not have to score 120 a night to win.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:07 PM

All of you are constantly complaining about DoMeFavors. Bottom line is, it is quite obvious that someone can not be that stupid and be on a sports forum. The truth about DMF, is that he is actually a very intelligent fan, but not of the team he "pretends" to root for. DMF is actually a huge Knicks fan. Why do you think he has been trolling so much? It's because people actually respond and take offense to his nonsense. He is trying to make the Nets fan base look as bad as possible so people will hate the Nets. He calls himself the captain of the Nets fans when he actually has never been in the Nets forum. He wants people to hate the Nets because he hates the Nets. He has even told me this.

Anyway back to the thread. Some very stupid posts in here not going to lie. When did the NBA forum turn into the Nets/Knicks forum. This forum is really at an all time low with all the trolling and constant baiting and fighting going on between these two fan bases. Bottom line is, it has only be 1 freaking week and we are acting like the rest of the year will stay this way. The Knicks will eventually die down and you will be hearing constant Knicks fans complaining about them and the Nets will eventually turn it around. Bottom line is, you can't judge the season based off 3-4 games. Both the Knicks and Nets will be good teams this year so everyone stop crying about it. Carmelo and Williams are both top 15 players. I've never seen such a big fight between fans of teams that are not even huge rivals. People need to stop being homers and be realistic for a second.

Oh My God...im a little scared now can you see me? I am in all NYK gear from top to bottom right now.

justinnum1
11-08-2012, 04:09 PM

How much time did it take you to write that story?

Mr.ATLHawks
11-08-2012, 04:17 PM
Im just happy seeing someone else paying Joe Johnson 20 million to underachieve good riddens!

Hawkeye15
11-08-2012, 04:20 PM
seeing as most experts, and rational fans had them 4-6 out east, they are rated just perfectly imo.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
seeing as most experts, and rational fans had them 4-6 out east, they are rated just perfectly imo.

Hawkeye you saw for yourself how good the Nets were against Minnesota before the fumble, but could you please define rational. Rational is not something that is known it is an opinion, what you find rational and what I find rational is different. You cant base it off of what you think , there is no such thing as being rational.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:23 PM
Im just happy seeing someone else paying Joe Johnson 20 million to underachieve good riddens!

Im happy we are paying a star and you are paying 20 million dollars of Joes salary in below average role players.

THE MTL
11-08-2012, 04:24 PM
Nets are vastly overrated. They are a decent team, but ppl have them top 5 in the conference. 50% of ppl say they're the best team in NYC.

People have failed to realize that chemistry takes TIME! The Heat didnt have true chemistry till the end of the season and even then it wasnt complete until one year later.

Nets will have growing pains. And guys like Barkeley and DoMeFavors have FORGOTTEN that.

PS: Amare > Joe Johnson.

29$JerZ
11-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Rational definition - Based on or in accordance with reason or logic

Nets are a Top 3 team in the East = irrational
Nets are a 4th-6th seed in the East = rational (although I disagree)
Nets are a 7th-8th seed in the East = rational

It's not hard

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:26 PM
Nets are vastly overrated. They are a decent team, but ppl have them top 5 in the conference. 50% of ppl say they're the best team in NYC.

People have failed to realize that chemistry takes TIME! The Heat didnt have true chemistry till the end of the season and even then it wasnt complete until one year later.

Nets will have growing pains. And guys like Barkeley and DoMeFavors have FORGOTTEN that.

PS: Amare > Joe Johnson.

No me and Barkeley just know basketball, you will see on the 26th

pacofunk64
11-08-2012, 04:29 PM
Do you know what overrated means?

That's my point...how are they? They are 1-2 giving up 102ppg...what's overrated about that? I guess I didn't realize people had them being good?

THE MTL
No me and Barkeley just know basketball, you will see on the 26th

Ok your basically telling me that chemistry doesnt take time to develop?...cause thats what I called you and barkeley out for.

Word of advice: Read your posts OUT LOUD before you press that submit button ;)

DoMeFavors
Rational definition - Based on or in accordance with reason or logic

Nets are a Top 3 team in the East = irrational
Nets are a 4th-6th seed in the East = rational (although I disagree)
Nets are a 7th-8th seed in the East rational

It's not hard

Are you a philosopher? I dont believe in rationalism, I think that you guys base your opinions off that is insane. I think rational opinions are for sheep, meaning they just do what other people do and dont have an opinion of their own.

The world is changing you dont have people who have their own ideas anymore. Its sad, I cant wait untill space ships are given to us regular people so I can move to where the aliens live.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Ok your basically telling me that chemistry doesnt take time to develop?...cause thats what I called you and barkeley out for.

Yeah but Nets arent a science project, they are grown men who play basketball.

29$JerZ
11-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Are you a philosopher? I dont believe in rationalism, I think that you guys base your opinions off that is insane. I think rational opinions are for sheep, meaning they just do what other people do and dont have an opinion of their own.

The world is changing you dont have people who have their own ideas anymore. Its sad, I cant wait untill space ships are given to us regular people so I can move to where the aliens live.

The literal definition of rational is logic/reason based statements/opinions/viewpoints/etc

Of course you don't believe in rationalism, you are an irrational thinker.

"You" think rational opinions are stupid disregarding the fact that they are literally more substantial than clear bias thinking is an example of this.

You are once again going off on a tangent and completely avoiding the topic at hand.

It is irrational to believe the Nets are a Top 3 team this season based off the very basis of common sense. They were a lottery team last season. They have a brand new roster that mainly exist in its bench. The starting 5 has no defense to speak of.

If you wish to be Bias and an incredible homer God Bless you.
From how you have carried yourself you have made your opinion's and viewpoints 100% impossible to take seriously. Continue being irrational, it's a lonely island.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:36 PM
The literal definition of rational is logic/reason based statements/opinions/viewpoints/etc

Of course you don't believe in rationalism, you are an irrational thinker.

"You" think rational opinions which are literally more substantial than clear bias thinking is an example of this.

You are once again going off on a tangent and completely avoiding the topic at hand.

It is irrational to believe the Nets are a Top 3 team this season based off the very basis of common sense. They were a lottery team last season. They have a brand new roster that mainly exist in its bench. The starting 5 has no defense to speak of.

If you wish to be Bias and an incredible homer God Bless you.
From how you have carried yourself you have made your opinion's and viewpoints 100% impossible to take seriously. Continue being irrational, it's a lonely island.

I am not even close to a homer if you read me posts you would know that, after the minnesota loss I gave congrats to Minnesota fans in their board. I made no excuses. I am a fan of the Nets, I will defend them.

BradHolt4CYoung
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
So this thread was made by a duplicate account troll who's already been banned and it's still open after 12 pages?

Mods are such a joke.

Mr.ATLHawks
11-08-2012, 04:38 PM
Im happy we are paying a star and you are paying 20 million dollars of Joes salary in below average role players.

LOL you can have that 18ppg "STAR"...for 4 more years ill take the role players that expire after the season.

DoMeFavors
11-08-2012, 04:39 PM
So this thread was made by a duplicate account troll who's already been banned and it's still open after 12 pages?

Mods are such a joke.

exactly no Net fan feels this way after 3 games we have been better than we have the past 4 seasons.

29$JerZ
11-08-2012, 04:43 PM
I am not even close to a homer if you read me posts you would know that, after the minnesota loss I gave congrats to Minnesota fans in their board. I made no excuses. I am a fan of the Nets, I will defend them.

You are a homer based on your actions. I won't bore you with another definition explanation.

Defending them has nothing to do with this.
Sad you can't comprehend this but what else can you expect from someone who doesn't think rationally?

Hawkeye15
11-08-2012, 04:45 PM
Hawkeye you saw for yourself how good the Nets were against Minnesota before the fumble, but could you please define rational. Rational is not something that is known it is an opinion, what you find rational and what I find rational is different. You cant base it off of what you think , there is no such thing as being rational.

Sure there is. You are irrational. That is a start for you to begin understanding what it means.

You were beat at home by a team with 13 new players, missing their two best players, and a team that hasn't been in the playoffs for 8 years. There is no way an elite team should let that happen after leading by 22.

Diabolical
11-08-2012, 04:45 PM
They are definitely overrated (mostly by their fans) but they are still going to be a good team come playoff time. They have the potential to upset anyone in the league (unlikely, but they can).

Hawkeye15
11-08-2012, 04:47 PM

Mods are such a joke.

haha, didn't even notice that. This should have been closed a long time ago.