PDA

View Full Version : Are The Knicks the Second Best Eastern Team?

StarvingKnick22
11-07-2012, 05:58 PM
I said the Knicks aren't the second best team in the East and apparently I'm a troll. With Andrew Bynum about to play in a couple of weeks, the Celtics, the Bulls, and Pacers in our Conference, are the Knicks really, the second best team?

StarvingKnick22
11-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Nevermind on the Pacers, DG is out.

PurpleJesus
11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
A real case could be made for them as the second best team, but the threads are getting annoying.

xxplayerxx23
11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
That isn't why you're a troll lol. BUt yeah Celitcs-Knicks-Philly should be fighting for the 2 seed. Bulls healthy are prob in the convo.

RonE Coleman
11-07-2012, 06:05 PM
Rose wont be back till jan-feb.

Nets so far do not know what the word defense is.

Indiana without DG for 3 months.

Philly got smacked by NY and no word on Bynum yet.

It will be the Knicks and Celtics fighting for the 2-3 seed.

Gram
11-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Skipper Kipper Melo Gramlo.

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 06:10 PM
another knicks thread, yay! :rolleyes

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 06:11 PM
and another sk poll that's private.. awesome job.

JEDean89
11-07-2012, 06:12 PM
Knicks have the most complete team of any of the contenders in the east. The Heat are lacking things like, a center, a backup center, a backup pg. big holes they have to fill with their big 3's immense talent. it works but imagine Lebron finally getting to play with a real center. it would be devastating. melo has 3 real pg's, 2 real centers and more than 2 of everything inbetween. the only thing melo doesn't have that Lebron has is Wade, which we are forced to try and recreate through the collective play of kidd, shumps, brewer and smith. i think that teams that are complete are always going to have an advantage over teams with huge holes. I still think the heat are a better team, but the Knicks can give them fit's with great mismatches.

2-ONE-5
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Knicks have the most complete team of any of the contenders in the east. The Heat are lacking things like, a center, a backup center, a backup pg. big holes they have to fill with their big 3's immense talent. it works but imagine Lebron finally getting to play with a real center. it would be devastating. melo has 3 real pg's, 2 real centers and more than 2 of everything inbetween. the only thing melo doesn't have that Lebron has is Wade, which we are forced to try and recreate through the collective play of kidd, shumps, brewer and smith. i think that teams that are complete are always going to have an advantage over teams with huge holes. I still think the heat are a better team, but the Knicks can give them fit's with great mismatches.

this cant be serious? Knicks have real pgs? all they do is swing the ball around the arc and fire 3's on offense. They are miles behind the Heat. They do deserve to be talked about as a potential 2 seed right now but so does Boston, Indy (when Grangers back) and Philly when Bynums back which is suppose to be this month.

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 06:22 PM
this cant be serious? Knicks have real pgs? all they do is swing the ball around the arc and fire 3's on offense. They are miles behind the Heat. They do deserve to be talked about as a potential 2 seed right now but so does Boston, Indy (when Grangers back) and Philly when Bynums back which is suppose to be this month.

we killed your team twice in 2 nights and killed the heat..

granger won't be on the court for 3 months and bynum hasn't played at all since last year. i don't expect a major impact right away.

felton isn't a real point guard? prigioni isn't a real point guard? :laugh2: someone's bitter.

NYYCowboys
11-07-2012, 06:24 PM
They certainly have a shot considering how weak the Eastern Conference is excluding the Heat.

Avenged
11-07-2012, 06:31 PM
they are the best.

GeekInThePink
11-07-2012, 06:35 PM
I would wait until Amare comes back to see what the chemistry looks like. They've looked really good so far, but it's only been three games.

Beltrans Mole
11-07-2012, 06:38 PM

Better than swinging the ball around the arc and bricking 3's...like the Sixers do every night...

NYKnickFanatic
11-07-2012, 06:42 PM
No.

PhillyFaninLA
11-07-2012, 06:42 PM
Maybe you should win a playoff series before you run your mouth. The Knicks are off to a great start but no way are they second best until they prove they can win a playoff series.

1 game in 2 years won in the playoffs does not give you a chance at being the 2nd best even with this start.

Maybe in a few months I'll eat some crow but seriously you don't have any proven winners.

AI
11-07-2012, 06:43 PM
they are the best.

No, the girl in your sig is the best.

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Maybe you should win a playoff series before you run your mouth. The Knicks are off to a great start but no way are they second best until they prove they can win a playoff series.

1 game in 2 years won in the playoffs does not give you a chance at being the 2nd best even with this start.

Maybe in a few months I'll eat some crow but seriously you don't have any proven winners.

not really sure what last year's team has to do with this year's team considering the entire makeup of the roster is different..

SteveNash
11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
No, best team in the East/NBA. Beat Miami by 20.

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 06:53 PM
and before anyone starts arguing with me, i voted 'no'. obviously you can't see that because the OP decided to make it a private poll. i'm not a homer, but i will still argue for my team. it's ridiculous that we're 3-0 (all wins by 20+ points) and still getting bashed.

RonE Coleman
11-07-2012, 06:59 PM

Typical clueless bum. If this is a completely different team than last year than what has past playoff experience have anything to do with how they are playing RIGHT NOW.

Knicks21
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Hence why we are talking about regular season standings, not playoffs...

Hawkeye15
11-07-2012, 07:07 PM
Yes. After the 3 game mark, in which we should re-evaluate all preseason predictions, its clear the Knicks are a top 2 team in the east.

I am anxious to get to game 6 evaluations.

PJAF
11-07-2012, 07:16 PM
Too early for any of this. Wait for the first 25 games to be played then ask again.

IIISSKiLL
11-07-2012, 07:17 PM
and before anyone starts arguing with me, i voted 'no'. obviously you can't see that because the OP decided to make it a private poll. i'm not a homer, but i will still argue for my team. it's ridiculous that we're 3-0 (all wins by 20+ points) and still getting bashed.

NO New York fans get bashed because EVERY SINGLE YEAR the season starts and New York fans start with "KNICKS ARE BACK !!" it's only been 3 games I know you're excited but why don't you fools wait a few more weeks before talking wreckless like this

ATX
11-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Yes. After the 3 game mark, in which we should re-evaluate all preseason predictions, its clear the Knicks are a top 2 team in the east.

I am anxious to get to game 6 evaluations.

Right, I mean what if Charlotte goes on a three game winning streak between now and game 6...They could have an argument for 2nd best too.

IIISSKiLL
11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Nobody hates the Knicks, The Knicks haven't done anything in decades !! I hope the Knicks succeed this season because it's great for the league. But stop with the "you homers and trolls hate the Knicks" NO WE HATE KNICK FANS BECAUSE YOU'RE THE MOST ANNOYING FANS IN THE NBA

Nycbball08
11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
People really make these kinds of threads after 3 games...

Auseranami
11-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Right now the knicks are the best team in the league. Undefeated and have blown out every team they played

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
NO New York fans get bashed because EVERY SINGLE YEAR the season starts and New York fans start with "KNICKS ARE BACK !!" it's only been 3 games I know you're excited but why don't you fools wait a few more weeks before talking wreckless like this

every single year? you haven't even been on this site for a complete season. :facepalm:

i know it's only 3 games, but you can not say that you weren't impressed with all of those wins (assuming you've watched them, but i'm thinking you didn't). since you're the fool here, maybe you should know what you're talking about before you post it, or better yet, be on this site for a complete season and say ****.

theheatles
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
how many knick fans voted no because they think they are the best team?

knicks=love
11-07-2012, 07:49 PM
how many knick fans voted no because they think they are the best team?

i voted no because i don't think we'll keep up with this level of play for the entire season.

Da Knicks
11-07-2012, 07:52 PM
lets chill out with the knicks threads please

illwill83
11-07-2012, 07:54 PM
This knicks team is the best in a while mugs on this board need to stop being so salty when it comes to the knicks you make your self look bad when you hate so hard. And who ever takes offense to this, that means I'm talking to YOU!!!

Captain Moroni
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
People really make these kinds of threads after 3 games...

Kind of like laker fans making threads about beating the bulls wins total,then losing the first three games.

I love this Knicks team. I am not calling them better than the heat. But make no mistake, they are very very deep and good.

PGs are three deep and solid defenders.

Captain Moroni
11-07-2012, 07:59 PM
i voted no because i don't think we'll keep up with this level of play for the entire season.

Nor do I believe we will finish 82-0....lol

TheNumber37
11-07-2012, 08:05 PM
I voted no, because they are the best.

TheLegend
11-07-2012, 08:09 PM
As long as Melo is the "The Man", they will never win a championship. Melo is not that type of superstar that will lead a team to a NBA title. On a good year, Melo will have NY in the mix. But far as going to the finals and winning? Please, keep dreaming.

DoMeFavors
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Should I make this thread just put the Nets in the title? and I voted no btw to your ridicolous thread

illwill83
11-07-2012, 08:13 PM
As long as Melo is the "The Man", they will never win a championship. Melo is not that type of superstar that will lead a team to a NBA title. On a good year, Melo will have NY in the mix. But far as going to the finals and winning? Please, keep dreaming.

That sound so dumb one man does not win a championship the team does and with this mix of vets and young guys if the knicks keep doing what they are doing they have a very solid chance to win it all

The1_Who_knocks
11-07-2012, 08:22 PM
They'll go through a second half melt down

Hawkeye15
11-07-2012, 08:23 PM
This thread is far too early. Please stop making these knee-jerk reaction threads this early.