PDA

View Full Version : Question about Skip Bayless

sammyvine
11-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Just read this article....good grief..

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8569642/lebron-work-left

Does he really feel that way about Lebron or is he paid to be like that?

Cal827
11-07-2012, 03:59 PM
LOL, I can't believe that ESPN actually posted something from Skip that can be directly commented on, in the site.

KnicksorBust
11-07-2012, 04:05 PM
In response to your question:
both.

He knows how to get people talking and he knows how to stir the pot. This is why he takes such polarizing viewpoints on the most discussed athletes. LeBron is a disappointment. Tebow is amazing.

The one thing I will take from this article is this fun little fact:
"In his NBA career, of the 18 players who have attempted at least 150 "late and close" free throws, LeBron ranks 18th."

I believe LeBron is at the very beginning of a dynasty but that fact was something I had never seen/heard before. I wonder where I could find that list because I'd love to see it.

DreamShaker
11-07-2012, 04:30 PM
He is right in some ways, but he is working wayyyy too hard to discredit Lebron. His bias is silly.

wordup45
11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
I don't think Skip's argument about the other players' success in the finals can be used. It's not Lebron's fault that his teammates got hot. Wasn't the argument that Lebron needed help in order to win it all? He did and still does. I understand Skip's argument about Lebron's last second failures but in the case of the finals, you can't blame Lebron and the Heat for manhandling the Thunder to the point where a last second play didn't even exist. We'll see what happens in the future but Lebron's on the right track.

sammyvine
11-07-2012, 05:07 PM
I really would like to know if he really feels that way about Lebron or the ESPN people tell him to be really picky with him.

sammyvine
11-07-2012, 05:09 PM
He is right in some ways, but he is working wayyyy too hard to discredit Lebron. His bias is silly.

This is what i don't get.

I have never seen a 1st take show where he was completely full of praised for Lebron.

I would love to know if he feels that way or is it all a joke that he just does for TV.:facepalm:

DanG
11-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Skip doesn't know ****. He just wants attention

DanG
11-07-2012, 05:15 PM
He is just like, new show new thinking. In 2011 he said D-Wade is the best in the game. 6 months later he said Kevin Durant is the best player and said that he has been telling that for 2 years.

Big Zo
11-07-2012, 05:53 PM
People like Skip Bayless and Jason Whitlock are paid to be assclowns. Why people bother to listen/read anything they say is beyond me.

theheatles
11-07-2012, 05:54 PM
He's a professional troll

Money_23
11-07-2012, 05:57 PM
he's right about one thing, Lebron is getting too overhyped in the sense that people already consider him being on par with Jordan.

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I stopped reading halfway through because I couldn't stand the shear arrogance of the guy. He actually thinks that HE has made LBJ a better player. That his comments have motivated LBJ to improve. He says he asked LBJ to attack the basket. And says LBJ isn't clutch. And his entire argument is that LBJ is not the best of all time, which, I don't know anybody who says he is? Is there anybody who has said that? Charles Barkley said that LBJ has the tools to BECOME better than Jordan, but did not say that he WAS better than Jordan.

And the clutch arguement? I'm a Detroit fan. I've seen LBJ's clutch performance. Detroit was up by almost twenty and LBJ single-handedly, literally single-handedly got his team up to tie the game and force and overtime in which he again, single-handedly wont th game by scoring every point. People say 'single-handedly' too often in basketball, and even in this ienstance it isn't accurate (yes, his teammates played D and took defenders off of him), but LBJ did score over 25 straight points to bring his team to a victory. James made it to the NBA finals, beating a champion in the Detroit team, without anybody as talented as Pippen or Rodman and without a coach as good as Phil Jackson. Would Jordan have been able to will that roster to the NBA finals? Maybe. But he wouldn't have been able to win any more games against the Spurs than LBJ did. And that was just one series. I watched James will the Cavs to seven games against Boston. I watched him work the glass harder than any other SF I've ever seen play (other than Bird perhaps, who played a fair amount of minutes at the PF spot as well). Being clutch is not just about hitting the game winning shot. It's about hitting those shots in the 4th quarter that get your team back int he game. It's making big stops, and getting the important rebounds when the outcome is in the balance. James does all of those things. Then Skip tries saying Durant is a bad defenders who let James do whatever he wants because they are friends? Please. Durant is an underrated defender, and LBJ had his way with him because LBJ is the best player on the planet.

What Skip is doing is setting up a straw-man arguement. He's saying all those people who say LBJ is the greatest of all time are wrong. And guess what. Nobody is saying that. I havent even heard Heat-nut-huggers saying that. There are people who believe, with good reason, that LBJ has the potential to be the greatest ever, but nobody is saying he is. He can barely even be voted as the best SF of all time let alone the best player of all time.

Skip thinks he inspires LBJ to be better? Please. He thinks to highly of what he does.

I'm a huge basketball fan and I've only ever watched two clips with Skip and they were both about him talking about his highschool basketball career.

I honestly find the fans on this site (well some of them at least) to be more insightful than Skip. I frankly don't know how he got his job, and I have no idea how he got this arrogant. It must be impossible to work with this guy. He's so in love with himself.

bucketss
11-07-2012, 06:29 PM
he still makes a hell of alot more sense than jordanbulls Lol.

sammyvine
11-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I stopped reading halfway through because I couldn't stand the shear arrogance of the guy. He actually thinks that HE has made LBJ a better player. That his comments have motivated LBJ to improve. He says he asked LBJ to attack the basket. And says LBJ isn't clutch. And his entire argument is that LBJ is not the best of all time, which, I don't know anybody who says he is? Is there anybody who has said that? Charles Barkley said that LBJ has the tools to BECOME better than Jordan, but did not say that he WAS better than Jordan.

And the clutch arguement? I'm a Detroit fan. I've seen LBJ's clutch performance. Detroit was up by almost twenty and LBJ single-handedly, literally single-handedly got his team up to tie the game and force and overtime in which he again, single-handedly wont th game by scoring every point. People say 'single-handedly' too often in basketball, and even in this ienstance it isn't accurate (yes, his teammates played D and took defenders off of him), but LBJ did score over 25 straight points to bring his team to a victory. James made it to the NBA finals, beating a champion in the Detroit team, without anybody as talented as Pippen or Rodman and without a coach as good as Phil Jackson. Would Jordan have been able to will that roster to the NBA finals? Maybe. But he wouldn't have been able to win any more games against the Spurs than LBJ did. And that was just one series. I watched James will the Cavs to seven games against Boston. I watched him work the glass harder than any other SF I've ever seen play (other than Bird perhaps, who played a fair amount of minutes at the PF spot as well). Being clutch is not just about hitting the game winning shot. It's about hitting those shots in the 4th quarter that get your team back int he game. It's making big stops, and getting the important rebounds when the outcome is in the balance. James does all of those things. Then Skip tries saying Durant is a bad defenders who let James do whatever he wants because they are friends? Please. Durant is an underrated defender, and LBJ had his way with him because LBJ is the best player on the planet.

What Skip is doing is setting up a straw-man arguement. He's saying all those people who say LBJ is the greatest of all time are wrong. And guess what. Nobody is saying that. I havent even heard Heat-nut-huggers saying that. There are people who believe, with good reason, that LBJ has the potential to be the greatest ever, but nobody is saying he is. He can barely even be voted as the best SF of all time let alone the best player of all time.

Skip thinks he inspires LBJ to be better? Please. He thinks to highly of what he does.

I'm a huge basketball fan and I've only ever watched two clips with Skip and they were both about him talking about his highschool basketball career.

I honestly find the fans on this site (well some of them at least) to be more insightful than Skip. I frankly don't know how he got his job, and I have no idea how he got this arrogant. It must be impossible to work with this guy. He's so in love with himself.

Can people really see Lebron winning 6 rings and mvps?

I don't see why people think he will be better than Jordan imo. I think he will end up in the top 5 , but more skilled than Jordan, i really don't agree.

SteveNash
11-07-2012, 06:39 PM
In response to your question:
both.

He knows how to get people talking and he knows how to stir the pot. This is why he takes such polarizing viewpoints on the most discussed athletes. LeBron is a disappointment. Tebow is amazing.

The one thing I will take from this article is this fun little fact:
"In his NBA career, of the 18 players who have attempted at least 150 "late and close" free throws, LeBron ranks 18th."

I believe LeBron is at the very beginning of a dynasty but that fact was something I had never seen/heard before. I wonder where I could find that list because I'd love to see it.

Sounds like complete BS.

Guppyfighter
11-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Skip Bayless sucks dick.

nickdymez
11-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Im glad some people are honest about athletes and dont kiss there *** like most

bucketss
11-07-2012, 06:55 PM
lebrons #1 hater has just entered the thread. *leaves it for good*

nickdymez
11-07-2012, 07:24 PM
lebrons #1 hater has just entered the thread. *leaves it for good*

Im not the number one hater, trust me on that. I just dont love him like most of you.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2012, 07:31 PM
Skip doesn't know ****. He just wants attention

He is a genius to be brutally honest. There are 2 kinds of people...The People that hate him and the people that love him....Both sets of people have 1 thing in common and that is nomatter how they feel about him they tune in to see something dumb he spews. The guy is brilliant and doing a fantastic Job

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
He is a genius to be brutally honest. There are 2 kinds of people...The People that hate him and the people that love him....Both sets of people have 1 thing in common and that is nomatter how they feel about him they tune in to see something dumb he spews. The guy is brilliant and doing a fantastic Job

I don't tune in. I couldn't care less about what he has to say.

BigBlueCrew
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM

you just want his job....dont lie

What did he say in this article that was so bad? He just pissed off the Lebron Nut Huggers, which seem to grow exponentially per day.

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Can people really see Lebron winning 6 rings and mvps?

I don't see why people think he will be better than Jordan imo. I think he will end up in the top 5 , but more skilled than Jordan, i really don't agree.

I'm no saying he will be better than Jordan, I'm just saying there is the potential there. With Kobe, as an example, we've seen Kobe at his best, and he can do everything Jordan did, but just doesn't do any of those things as well as Jordan did. That's not to say he isn't amazing, but it is very clear that he is not at the level that Jordan was at.

With LBJ though, we've seen that he's got the all-around game, like Kobe, but he can do everything at a higher level, almost as high a level as Jordan. Jordan, on his career was around 30-6-5 and 2+ steals. LBJ's steals won't be as high as Jordan (but his blocks will be higher), but he is as good a defender as Jordan and is perhaps more versatile than Jordan as a defender. Jordan was more of a scorer. LBJ could put up 30 a night if he wanted to, but he is more of a facilitator. Jordan shot the ball at an exceptionally high percentage, James is almost there, though it could be argued that James is the better 3-point shooter. And James, as it stands right now, has a higher career averages in rebounding and assists.

Is LBJ better than Jordan? He has a lot to prove to say that. Will be ever be better than Jordan? Maybe. Could he be better than Jordan? Yes, he could be. People aren't saying he is better than Jordan, they are merely saying that he has the potential and the work ethic and drive to be.

If that is to happen, we've yet to see, but it is an exciting prospect. LBJ won his first title at 27. So did Jordan. And well LBJ may not be able to string along 3-peats like Jordan, Jordan did retire twice and take himself out of the game for several years. LBJ is not likely to do that, so he will have more chances to win those 6 rings than Jordan had.

sammyvine
11-07-2012, 07:50 PM
I'm no saying he will be better than Jordan, I'm just saying there is the potential there. With Kobe, as an example, we've seen Kobe at his best, and he can do everything Jordan did, but just doesn't do any of those things as well as Jordan did. That's not to say he isn't amazing, but it is very clear that he is not at the level that Jordan was at.

With LBJ though, we've seen that he's got the all-around game, like Kobe, but he can do everything at a higher level, almost as high a level as Jordan. Jordan, on his career was around 30-6-5 and 2+ steals. LBJ's steals won't be as high as Jordan (but his blocks will be higher), but he is as good a defender as Jordan and is perhaps more versatile than Jordan as a defender. Jordan was more of a scorer. LBJ could put up 30 a night if he wanted to, but he is more of a facilitator. Jordan shot the ball at an exceptionally high percentage, James is almost there, though it could be argued that James is the better 3-point shooter. And James, as it stands right now, has a higher career averages in rebounding and assists.

Is LBJ better than Jordan? He has a lot to prove to say that. Will be ever be better than Jordan? Maybe. Could he be better than Jordan? Yes, he could be. People aren't saying he is better than Jordan, they are merely saying that he has the potential and the work ethic and drive to be.

If that is to happen, we've yet to see, but it is an exciting prospect. LBJ won his first title at 27. So did Jordan. And well LBJ may not be able to string along 3-peats like Jordan, Jordan did retire twice and take himself out of the game for several years. LBJ is not likely to do that, so he will have more chances to win those 6 rings than Jordan had.

But after the way he lost in the finals in 2011 should he be above MJ.

If he gets 7 or 8 rings then fair enough but we have to compare the two and MJ never lost that badly and played that badly.

Also Lebron doesn't transcend borders like a future GOAT should. He doesn't even have the best selling jersey in the NBA or abroad. MJ always did. Stadiums were always full to watch him. I would say Kobe is much more popular than Lebron.

Ebbs
11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
I can't stomach him anymore. He is paid to be obnoxious and hate without regard of fact or fiction.

The1_Who_knocks
11-07-2012, 08:17 PM
He's an OG troll

MackSnackWrap
11-07-2012, 09:06 PM
hes a penis eater.

BULLSFAN0810
11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Ok.. if he is wrong, where's the fault? He may be harsh but he has ammo. We all seen James melt down at times. We seen him throw up bricks. We seen him defer to lesser players in moments he should take over. we seen him leave the best team with the best record two years running, but he didn't wanna have the patience to do in Cleveland, what he did in Miami. We seen him say he is gonna win 7 ships, and everyone is supose to be cool? This guy was/is his own worse enemy. They made him to be a phenom.. He was ,but they made his narrative and he had issues living up to it. Mj earned his on the court. But you guys don't see it Skips way because he is subjecting James to the Ultimate grading scale: MJ. They (James people) put that on him, James let it happen...so yeah if you talk big ****, don't be mad when people make you live up to it. James was said to ber the best ever, and Skips saying " ok, Mj did this, like this, played like this, took over like this, and when youre in the same position to replicate or show dominance in a Mj fashion you shrink" **** physical, Kwame Brown looked physically good, but didn't have it up stairs.

More-Than-Most
11-07-2012, 10:10 PM
you just want his job....dont lie

What did he say in this article that was so bad? He just pissed off the Lebron Nut Huggers, which seem to grow exponentially per day.

Lol Honestly it is my MO... I was skip before skip became skip.

InRoseWeTrust
11-07-2012, 10:41 PM
Bayless is a professional troll. He's employed to be provocative, get people pissed off, and increase ratings. I honestly don't think he believes half of what comes out of his mouth.

amos1er
11-07-2012, 11:23 PM

Lebron won't be able to play at the same high level that Jordan did in his 30's. Lebron is heavily reliant on his athleticism and if he slowed down even half a step he would not be even close to the player he is now. Lebron must develop an "old man game" if he is to have a chance at even being in the same solar system as Jordan.

However, from what I have seen so far, I don't think that he will have a very good "old man game" as his outside shooting is very streaky and while his BB IQ is high, his mechanics and fundamentals are lacking. Lebron always reminded me of a Roy Jones Jr...most gifted natural athlete ever in his sport, but when he lost half a step due to age, he went down exponentially because he didn't have the the mechanics or fundamentals to fall back on.

JordansBulls
11-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Skip is the best there is at ESPN. That is a guy who knows what is going on and who isn't going to sugarcoat anything.:clap:

meadowlarklemon
11-08-2012, 06:16 AM
inch for inch..........no one will ever be as good or great as MJ............

Munkeysuit
11-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Did Skip post this ish from home? did he post this ish on his Facebook page or something? NO! then obviously it's for his job right? HIS JOB!!!!!!!!! which means he gets paid for this!!!!!!!! it's no secret he knows how to get people's attention, this is all an act! this is part of why he is even employed there, this is precisely the reason why he is on television.

Come on gang, we are smarter than this aren't we? we have to know this is all about shock value.

meadowlarklemon
11-08-2012, 06:44 AM
what he said is true, tho, nevertheless

MagicHero3
11-08-2012, 10:58 AM
the more attention we give to skip bayless the more we are polluting sports media

Sadds The Gr8
11-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Bayless is the ****in man

ManRam
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Skip wouldn't still be relevant if he didn't consistently say stupid things.

ManRam
11-10-2012, 09:15 PM
Skip is the best there is at ESPN. That is a guy who knows what is going on and who isn't going to sugarcoat anything.:clap:

Haha. I knew I thought you were the Skip Bayless of PSD for a reason!

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Lol JB I sniped yhat

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Haha. I knew I thought you were the Skip Bayless of PSD for a reason!

:jumpy: JB is the Skip Bayless of PSD??!!?!?!?!

I was looking for the Skip Bayless to my Stephen A. Smith!!!!!

:jumpy:

ManRam
11-10-2012, 09:29 PM
I'm PSD's Cari Champion

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm PSD's Cari Champion

Get that big booty ova here woman! :drool:

Ebbs
11-10-2012, 09:32 PM
That's good actually Stephen A Smith, and Skip Bayless as KB and JB fits. They both think it's a compliment which makes it better

KB-Pau-DH2012
11-10-2012, 09:34 PM
That's good actually Stephen A Smith, and Skip Bayless as KB and JB fits. They both think it's a compliment which makes it better

Stephen A. & Skip (both are Kobe and MJ guys)

KB-Pau-DH2012 (Kobe guy, respects MJ) & JordansBulls (MJ guy, respects Kobe)

Kobe Bryant & Michael Jordan (2 of the greatest SG's ever)

Match made in heaven! :love:

meadowlarklemon
11-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Stephen A. & Skip (both are Kobe and MJ guys)

KB-Pau-DH2012 (Kobe guy, respects MJ) & JordansBulls (MJ guy, respects Kobe)

Kobe Bryant & Michael Jordan (2 of the greatest SG's ever)

Match made in heaven! :love:

Yeah, except Kobe is half the player, half the man, and twice the ******* that MJ ever was. To put their names in the same sentence is blasphemy(even tho I just did it....haha)

Not to mention Mike was his own man with his own style. Kobe's just a MJ clone.

We should call him Clonebe Bryant.....haha

sammyvine
11-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Yeah, except Kobe is half the player, half the man, and twice the ******* that MJ ever was. To put their names in the same sentence is blasphemy(even tho I just did it....haha)

Not to mention Mike was his own man with his own style. Kobe's just a MJ clone.

We should call him Clonebe Bryant.....haha

Half the man? How can you say that when you don't know either of them?

MJ was obviously a superior player to Kobe, but there is no shame in that as he is the greatest player ever. Nobody deserves to be in the same sentence maybe bar Kareem, Bill Russell, Magic, Bird and that's about it.
Kobe is defo in the lower end of the top 10 players of all time and if i were him i would be pretty happy with that, especially when you look at players like Vince Carter and T-Mac who were more talented but lack of application meant they never scratched the surface of an all time great.

meadowlarklemon
11-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Actually, I'm very close friends with both of them :eyebrow:

LJEATON26
11-11-2012, 09:08 AM
skip bayless is a dumbass.

JasonJohnHorn
11-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Lebron won't be able to play at the same high level that Jordan did in his 30's. Lebron is heavily reliant on his athleticism and if he slowed down even half a step he would not be even close to the player he is now. Lebron must develop an "old man game" if he is to have a chance at even being in the same solar system as Jordan.

However, from what I have seen so far, I don't think that he will have a very good "old man game" as his outside shooting is very streaky and while his BB IQ is high, his mechanics and fundamentals are lacking. Lebron always reminded me of a Roy Jones Jr...most gifted natural athlete ever in his sport, but when he lost half a step due to age, he went down exponentially because he didn't have the the mechanics or fundamentals to fall back on.

You make soem good points. LBJ does rely on his athleticism a lot, but he is also is very strong. His rebounding I think is a result of his strength as much as his athleticism, and he's been working on a post game. He has teh body of a power forward, and as he gets older I think we will see him rely more on his strength than his speed. And his passing game will stay. In future, he will likley be getting more points from the post than from driving. So I do see potential for LBJ to transition from the athletic game to a power game.

That said, Kobe is also a player who has relied a lot on his athleticism, and he is almost 35 now and still very athletic. LBJ has the same kind of work ethic and conditioning as Kobe, so I see him being able maintain his athleticism for some time yet.

And i expect LBJ not to retire twice before finally leaving the game, which will add a couple more seasons for him to catch up with Jordan on the ring count.

And since LBJ is a free agent in 2014, I believe that if Howard stays with LAL, LBJ may be headed there to increase his ring count should Miami fall shrot the next couple of seasons, and once Howard and LBJ are together, there will be no stopping them! lol