PDA

View Full Version : Make it back in endoresments?

kingsdelez24
11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
People are saying that Harden could have made back the money through endorsements and it bothers me a little. He signed for the max in Houston, plus he gets his endorsements regardless. Isn't it a little redundant? Because if he was looking for the most amount of money, he's found his bag of gold in Houston.

Just my thoughts

Swashcuff
11-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Houston also doesn't have any income tax and they have Lin who is going to bring another avenue for endoresments for his whole team. Whoever said he would have made it back through endorsements either knows something we don't or didn't think the statement through before they made it.

keetyweedy
11-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Houston also doesn't have any income tax and they have Lin who is going to bring another avenue for endoresments for his whole team. Whoever said he would have made it back through endorsements either knows something we don't or didn't think the statement through before they made it.

He will make a boatload in houston especially how he's playing too, i live in houston and everybody is high on the texans and the way harden has the rockets looking alot of people are jumping back on that train...now only if the astros would quit losing 100 games :facepalm:

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2012, 03:35 PM
It's not like either Houston or OKC are huge markets. If he was moving to LA, NY, Chi-town or Toronto it would be different. If he got put on any of those teams he'd be more likely to get endorsements (well, certainyl with NY, LA and Chi-town, though he'd have all of Canada supporting him if he'd signed in Toronto).

If he's an all-star in a smaller market team, he can still get endorsements, but staying in OKC wouldn't have gotten him any more than giong to Houston. If anything he will have more of a roll in Houston and post better numbers which can make him a bigger star and get him more endorsements.

I think OKC rushed things a little with Harden. They did offer him a fair deal, but that said, the market dictated that Harden was worth more. Harden, it seems, wanted a little time to think things over and was only given and hour from what I'm hearing. That's craazy. But bottom line, he's got to look out for his own best interests. He could get a career ending injury tormorrow and he's got to make sure he's taken care of.

He went to the team that wanted him more, and was willing to pay him more, and no he's likely going to sell more jerseys than he did in OKC (Durant was the big seller there, then Westbrook, in Houston Harden will be first, maybe second behind Lin).

It isn't like Harden forced a trade. OKC made the move. They could have moved Westbrook instead and gotten just as much for him, but they chose to move Harden.

This was not Harden's fault. It's just business.

And making it back in endorsements is lame. You think Harden needs a guy who owns a team worth over 300 million dollars to ask him to take a pay cut of 8 million and go earn the difference somewhere else?

heyman321
11-07-2012, 03:47 PM
It's not like either Houston or OKC are huge markets. If he was moving to LA, NY, Chi-town or Toronto it would be different. If he got put on any of those teams he'd be more likely to get endorsements (well, certainyl with NY, LA and Chi-town, though he'd have all of Canada supporting him if he'd signed in Toronto).

If he's an all-star in a smaller market team, he can still get endorsements, but staying in OKC wouldn't have gotten him any more than giong to Houston. If anything he will have more of a roll in Houston and post better numbers which can make him a bigger star and get him more endorsements.

I think OKC rushed things a little with Harden. They did offer him a fair deal, but that said, the market dictated that Harden was worth more. Harden, it seems, wanted a little time to think things over and was only given and hour from what I'm hearing. That's craazy. But bottom line, he's got to look out for his own best interests. He could get a career ending injury tormorrow and he's got to make sure he's taken care of.

He went to the team that wanted him more, and was willing to pay him more, and no he's likely going to sell more jerseys than he did in OKC (Durant was the big seller there, then Westbrook, in Houston Harden will be first, maybe second behind Lin).

It isn't like Harden forced a trade. OKC made the move. They could have moved Westbrook instead and gotten just as much for him, but they chose to move Harden.

And making it back in endorsements is lame. You think Harden needs a guy who owns a team worth over 300 million dollars to ask him to take a pay cut of 8 million and go earn the difference somewhere else?

Houston is one of the largest cities in America...what are you talking about. Where there's people there's money.

alexander_37
11-07-2012, 06:20 PM

Lmfao, 5th biggest...