PDA

View Full Version : OKC mangement

Alayla
11-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Okay i am 100% done with PSDs overreaction to the James harden deal all i hear is They should have amsentyed perkins or Harden>>>Ibaka what where they thinking
or OKC killed there chance at a championship
Let me get something trough to all of you
Its true that James harden is a nice little player but
You never choise a small over i big in this league
Both Perkins And most definitely Ibaka are much harder to replace than Harden
If OKC where to pick Harden over Ibaka they would have regretted it forever
they have a tough front court locked up for awile and still have one of the better backcourts in the NBA James Harden may be good but what he did for OKC isnt hard to replace in todays NBA so from a management standpoint they did very well to not lose him in Free agency and get a top 10 Sg and a nice young prospect in return for him

MetroMan
11-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Okay

Hawkeye15
11-07-2012, 04:28 AM
agreed. Presti is an excellent GM to date, though the sample size is small. Was it a gift to get the #2 pick in the Oden/Durant draft? OMFG yes. But the Harden and Westbrook picks were great, and he was able to turn Harden and his huge need for an extension that would have financially crippled the team into a lottery pick, a rental to score 15 off the bench in the same role, and another 1st. I trust Presti come draft time (Ibaka, Maynor), and they now have a small amount (much better then none) flexibility going forward after a Perkins amnesty.

QueensG_718
11-07-2012, 04:30 AM
True... James harden is micheal jordan on psd tho.

JNA17
11-07-2012, 04:30 AM
I will probably sound like a dick for this but I really can't read the current layout of your posts.

Paragraphs man, PARAGRAPHS! lol

kbtwofour
11-07-2012, 04:32 AM
Is Harden a max player and franchise player? No, but he is a nice complimentary player to a franchise player. He did the little things that don't show up in the stats list and sacrifice his game for the good of the team. OKC made a mistake picking Ibaka and Westbrook over Harden. They should've re-sign Ibaka to a better deal and traded Westbrook for a pass first point guard. They should've traded Westbrook for Rondo last season when they had the chance.

A lot of people criticized Harden for his performance in the finals against Miami, but what about Ibaka's performance in the finals?

Baller1
11-07-2012, 04:54 AM
Harden isn't easy to replace. Near impossible.

The positive thing, they replaced him with possibly the only other SG in the league who can match his scoring efficiency in Martin.

ldawg
11-07-2012, 07:02 AM
OkC made the right move. Its always hard to move a good player but they had to move him. I am sure its a move they wish they did not have to make. Okc with Harden and no Ibaka or Perkins wont go far. The team stands a better chance as is being more balanced. They still got a bench player that can put up points in Martin so all is not lost. The only player they could have traded instead of Harden was West brook. Harden goes hard like D Rose and Wade maybe too hard, right now he is a one man show. At the end of the day they are better with KD as their man. OKC was lucky to have Harden on their bench that we all knew that was not going to last, someone was going to pay him. So it boiled down to Westbrook or Harden. Had they kept Harden and trade Westbrook the results would have been the same they both played huge roles. Had they not resign West Brook they would not of made it to the finals. Harden, kd, West Brook, Ibaka are all hard to replace. Dont blame OKC blame the NBA with the new CBA.

Alayla
11-07-2012, 07:26 AM
Is Harden a max player and franchise player? No, but he is a nice complimentary player to a franchise player. He did the little things that don't show up in the stats list and sacrifice his game for the good of the team. OKC made a mistake picking Ibaka and Westbrook over Harden. They should've re-sign Ibaka to a better deal and traded Westbrook for a pass first point guard. They should've traded Westbrook for Rondo last season when they had the chance.

A lot of people criticized Harden for his performance in the finals against Miami, but what about Ibaka's performance in the finals?

Ibakas deal is fair and Westbrook is better than Rondo these are the sort of posts im talking about they didnt screw up at all they made the right choice

KaganRS
11-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Okay i am 100% done with PSDs overreaction to the James harden deal all i hear is They should have amsentyed perkins or Harden>>>Ibaka what where they thinking
they have a tough front court locked up for awile and still have one of the better backcourts in the NBA James Harden may be good but what he did for OKC isnt hard to replace in todays NBA so from a management standpoint they did very well to not lose him in Free agency and get a top 10 Sg and a nice young prospect in return for him

please tell me you typed this on a touchscreen phone.

ldawg
11-07-2012, 08:09 AM

A lot of people criticized Harden for his performance in the finals against Miami, but what about Ibaka's performance in the finals?How long was the sacrifice going to last? did he take the $$ they put on the table? He was going to get paid. OKC knew this once he did not accept. Rhondo for West brook is not bad but he can be a hand full. Ibaka is also more important than u think and No way OKC was going to keep Harden on the bench, he is a starter. Rhondo, Harden,KD,Ibaka,Perkins aint bad. Maybe they should have revisit that. They wanted to keep all and almost pull it off. Harden was going to get way more money and a bigger role. This present team is just as good but the loss of Harden hurt a bit. I think they knew it was going to boil down to Harden or West brook about two years ago. But point is they are still one of the best teams and is very much still in the hunt.

Ty Fast
11-07-2012, 08:46 AM
okc's title window got SLAMED shut when they did that trade with houston!!!

Andrew32
11-07-2012, 09:03 AM
OKC management are idiots.

Not necessarily because they made those moves but because they gave Harden only one hour to think it over.

Had they treated him nicer and been like "we really want to keep you badly but this is all we can realistically offer you you'll make it back in endorsements blah blah" he might have stayed anyway.

But instead they were like "look how nice we are offering you this huge contract even though your a bench player you have one hour to sign before its off the table biotch".

He115ing
11-07-2012, 09:58 AM
It would have made more sense for them to keep Harden and get rid of Westbrook

SteBO
11-07-2012, 10:08 AM
It would have made more sense for them to keep Harden and get rid of Westbrook
Lol no. Westbrook is the better player.

JasonJohnHorn
11-07-2012, 10:27 AM
OKC made out very well in the deal. Martin is a great player, and he seems to be even better so far that he has been in the past now that he isn't the focus of the defence. His FG% has gone up, and what's more Lamb, a promising young player, and two first round draft picks came along with him. That's a great deal.

I do, however, agree with the people who suggested trading Westbrook would have been better. Getting a PG like Rondo, with his passing ability, instead of a score-first PG would have been a great benefit to Durant and Harden. But, that said, the deal was good and now it's just a matter of working out the chemistry. Which may or may no be a problem. But Martin is playing at a level very near where Harden was playing at for OKC.

b@llhog24
11-07-2012, 10:33 AM

The positive thing, they replaced him with possibly the only other SG in the league who can match his scoring efficiency in Martin.

OKC management are idiots.

Not necessarily because they made those moves but because they gave Harden only one hour to think it over.

Had they treated him nicer and been like "we really want to keep you badly but this is all we can realistically offer you you'll make it back in endorsements blah blah" he might have stayed anyway.

But instead they were like "look how nice we are offering you this huge contract even though your a bench player you have one hour to sign before its off the table biotch".
^^This.

Lol no. Westbrook is the better player.

Possibly but the gap seems to be getting smaller every year though.

kbtwofour
11-07-2012, 10:54 AM
Ibakas deal is fair and Westbrook is better than Rondo these are the sort of posts im talking about they didnt screw up at all they made the right choice

Rondo is a better fit in OKC than Westbrook. Westbrook is not a traditional PG and he is so selfish that sometimes it cost his team games. He wants to be the man so bad in OKC that he tries to do too much in games and forgets that OKC is Durant's team.

A team consisting of Durant, Rondo, Harden, and Ibaka could've done some damage for years to come.

A great PG knows it's not always about him and it's about what is best for the team. A great PG will sacrifice his game for what's best for the team and his teammates.

If Harden is so easily replaceable, please tell me who can do what he did for OKC. There is a reason why OKC is having chemistry issues and struggling without Harden. Harden was the glue for the team behind the scenes and on the court.

So you would take a team of Westbrook, Ibaka, Durant and Martin over Rondo, Harden, Ibaka, and Durant? :rolleyes:

keetyweedy
11-07-2012, 11:31 AM
Im sorry but harden was more than just a 15 point bench player, a big portion of the reason why they reached the wcf in '11 and then the finals in '12 was because of him, Im not discrediting Durant and westbrook at all but you need some kind of balance, no way just scoring alone will get you back the previous success you achieved, harden on OKC was like a ginobli on the spurs...he played defense, he assisted in facilitating the ball and to be honest outside of the heat nobody had an answer for harden, to me he would be worth a luxury tax which i think Okc will eventually will get back in merchandise, ticket sales, ect. if they would have eventually won with harden which i find more realistic than with what they have now...and i know its early but its obvious how vital he was just look at the impact he is making with houston they're balling right now

DitchDat
11-07-2012, 11:37 AM
In the end this is better for OKC. They whould have been so restrained money-wise.

He115ing
11-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I would not say Westbrook is better. He does not have great decision making and does not share the ball as much as he should. I think Harden is a better playmaker that Westbrook and Harden seems like a better fit with Durant too.

Vampirate
11-07-2012, 11:54 AM
okc's title window got SLAMED shut when they did that trade with houston!!!

What are next week's lottery numbers oh great seer of the future?

sep11ie
11-07-2012, 11:56 AM
Sometimes I want to slap people's English teachers.

SirDJ
11-07-2012, 12:02 PM
Sometimes I want to slap peoples English teachers.

:clap::clap::clap:

Pluvious
11-07-2012, 12:23 PM
Sometimes I want to slap peoples English teachers.

Its "people's". :p

Jarvo
11-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Ibaka & Harden are just okay to me :hide:

KnicksorBust
11-07-2012, 12:35 PM

I get this opinion but I still have an issue with the fact that they did not HAVE to trade him now. When you make it to the Finals, I don't see any reason to be willing to take a step back. I hated the Mav's decision to let Chandler go (and ruin their chances at a repeat) in the same way that I hate the Thunder's decision to let Harden go.

The Thunder will still have a strong season but I really think this will prevent them from getting back to the Finals.

Carey
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
I have no problem whatsoever with Presti giving them an hour after negotiating for weeks. They had to get the deal done quickly so Houston could have a window to negotiate and the deal we got was light years better then what we would have gotten if we would kept him. Harden's agent tried to call Sam's bluff and Sam wasnt bluffing. At the end of the day Harden got 80 million and a team of his own and the Thunder got a really good trade that could be a great trade depending on how the draft picks shape out.

RonE Coleman
11-07-2012, 01:05 PM

Cool story bro.

Harden > Westbrook.

And by your logic since Harden is bigger they should of kept him.

Baller1
11-07-2012, 01:27 PM
I get this opinion but I still have an issue with the fact that they did not HAVE to trade him now. When you make it to the Finals, I don't see any reason to be willing to take a step back. I hated the Mav's decision to let Chandler go (and ruin their chances at a repeat) in the same way that I hate the Thunder's decision to let Harden go.

The Thunder will still have a strong season but I really think this will prevent them from getting back to the Finals.

Oh I'm not denying that in the slightest, they absolutely made the wrong decision and probably regressed. I was just trying to make light of the situation by giving Martin some credit, because he really is an incredible scorer. The problem is, he lacks the playmaking ability of Harden and doesn't have the same rapport with the team like Harden did.

They cost themselves championships and an almost inevitable dynasty though, I agree with you there.

Stinkyoutsider
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
The Thunder make the right decision imo...

I don't think there's too many bigs in the league with Ibaka's shot blocking ability. He gives OKC a lot of versatlity defensively strategy wise and his improving jump shot along with his solid jump hook from the post is a bonus. I think he deserved his contract and OKC wouldn't be the same without him.

I don't think Perkins is the player he used to be but he's still a good starting center, which is kind of hard to come by in this league. He still plays tough post D and what he has in leadership and toughness would have been tough to replace in OKC, as I don't think they have enough players who are tough.

There's no way I move Westbrook. He's the only other guy besides Durant who can consistently create his own shot and cause defenses problems on the team. He's a high energy player and blends well with Durant's game.

Harden is a great player but OKC has came out smelling good again after finding Kevin Martin on the last year of his deal. Harden is both a finisher and playmaker, but I think OKC can afford to have only Durant and Westbrook be the playmakers and have Kevin Martin finishing plays, which is what he does best anyways.

And, on top of this, they've got another 1st round pick and Perry Jones on the bench. If they coach up Jones and use that pick well, I think they'll be a better team in the future than now...

Heediot
11-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Westbrook has his strong points, but I still feel Harden and Durants works better and gives them a better chance at a championship.

Presti could have netted more for Westbrook (more proven) as well.

SteBO
11-07-2012, 02:57 PM

I don't think there's too many bigs in the league with Ibaka's shot blocking ability. He gives OKC a lot of versatlity defensively strategy wise and his improving jump shot along with his solid jump hook from the post is a bonus. I think he deserved his contract and OKC wouldn't be the same without him.

I don't think Perkins is the player he used to be but he's still a good starting center, which is kind of hard to come by in this league. He still plays tough post D and what he has in leadership and toughness would have been tough to replace in OKC, as I don't think they have enough players who are tough.

There's no way I move Westbrook. He's the only other guy besides Durant who can consistently create his own shot and cause defenses problems on the team. He's a high energy player and blends well with Durant's game.

Harden is a great player but OKC has came out smelling good again after finding Kevin Martin on the last year of his deal. Harden is both a finisher and playmaker, but I think OKC can afford to have only Durant and Westbrook be the playmakers and have Kevin Martin finishing plays, which is what he does best anyways.

And, on top of this, they've got another 1st round pick and Perry Jones on the bench. If they coach up Jones and use that pick well, I think they'll be a better team in the future than now...
Thank you. And on top of that, they can amnesty Perkins and free up even more money. It's really this simple. Some you guys really need to lay off Westbrook. He's a better player than Harden at this point.

keetyweedy
11-07-2012, 03:12 PM

DeAndre Jordan
Javele Mcgee
D12
Joakim Noah
Roy Hibbert
Taj Gibson
Gortat

and outside of DeAndre Jordan, D12 and Joakim Noah who is improving, they all are offensively better than Ibaka... Okc has a ton of scorers but who's gonna put the ball in there hands when the pg wants to take more shots than the teams leading scorer...K mart can score but they need a floor general and Harden his one of the best in the league to do it...i know a lot of you guys are big Okc fans but there is no way for any second you can actually think they may a good decision by getting rid of harden